Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3133080 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #33000 on: December 07, 2020, 06:55:22 PM »
Trans lives matter more than game reviews/discussion. The fact that this thread is open while others are getting closed should be a reminder that the content of this game hurts the trans community, and this matters far more than any other discussion you could possibly have about CP2077 at this point.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #33001 on: December 07, 2020, 06:55:58 PM »
The most Messy of  posts

I wasn't aware Technobabylon had a trans main character. Bought!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53424394

He's like that parody account on twitter who doesn't like the LBTQ+ tv shows he watches but still gives them a 10/10
sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33002 on: December 07, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »
I hope the OT will be heavily moderated and "civility" won't be used as a shield for thinly veiled transphobia.
:lol

That OT is going to be a dumpster fire.
🤴

Pwnz

« Reply #33003 on: December 07, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »
Is the pc performance thread going to have optimal settings for fps, frame pacing, ray tracing, and minimal transphobia TM

benjipwns

« Reply #33004 on: December 07, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »
Days like this, feel it's a real shame that most of the more critical games sites have moved away from scored reviews.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33005 on: December 07, 2020, 06:57:08 PM »
Summary: Absolutely no rational being on the entire internet internet sees the problems the prude police on resetti made up in their heads about the potential biggest traffic maker for their forum.

cue, Curb music for the mods who not only didn't ban the biggest screechers and harrassers of their community, but instead gave them the keys to moderation. :neogaf

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33006 on: December 07, 2020, 06:57:12 PM »
I don't know a single tran that gives a fuck about any of this and all my gamer trans friends (which is...a lot) are excited. Then I come to a random visit to the bore and Nintex is talking about some Reset exodus and the Reset trans people are demanding a forum wide boycott.

It's like their interests are completely different than the average trans. It's baffling stuff.

People who are witnessing this please don't think badly of trans people or the lgbt community because of ResetEra. Please don't.

Why would we ?
A select group of individuals spiraling into madness about a videogame is not representative of the issues at large or people sharing their orientation in general.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #33007 on: December 07, 2020, 06:57:40 PM »
Imagine these kind of people involved with your human rights. I fear people like this could create a massive cis backlash.

IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #33008 on: December 07, 2020, 06:57:49 PM »
You don't need an OT.

Make a staff post that says that this thread is only for discussion of this topic, and any other discussion about the game will result in a ban.

If people can't read a staff post in this thread, having this magical paragraph in the OT won't do a damn thing either.

After yesterday's clusterfuck, the least they could do would be banning discussion of the game. And don't hide behind "We want to provide a space for marginalized members to discuss their experiences with the game."

Set up a Discord and actually moderate it.

Why MUST the game be discussed on site, unless the only true concern is how many clicks/ad views it will get?
uhhhh about that

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33009 on: December 07, 2020, 06:58:25 PM »
are there any popular streamers who WON'T be playing this due to the transphobic reputation the game is carrying?

I'm not sure I've seen a single one say they won't touch it out of solidarity for the trans community.

May want to talk to Kyuuji about not playing the game....

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33010 on: December 07, 2020, 06:58:53 PM »
Days like this, feel it's a real shame that most of the more critical games sites have moved away from scored reviews.

Oh my god :dead
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33011 on: December 07, 2020, 06:59:31 PM »
Imagine these kind of people involved with your human rights. I fear people like this could create a massive cis backlash.

(Image removed from quote.)
I dunno, if the lgbt acted like this all the time they would be ruling most of the world right now from a palace built on a mountain of corpses.
🤴

Pwnz

« Reply #33012 on: December 07, 2020, 06:59:37 PM »
I don't know a single tran that gives a fuck about any of this and all my gamer trans friends (which is...a lot) are excited. Then I come to a random visit to the bore and Nintex is talking about some Reset exodus and the Reset trans people are demanding a forum wide boycott.

It's like their interests are completely different than the average trans. It's baffling stuff.

People who are witnessing this please don't think badly of trans people or the lgbt community because of ResetEra. Please don't.

I think basically all of us have that level of nuance. Half those trans era users are probably just random trolls.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33013 on: December 07, 2020, 06:59:55 PM »
They should have kept that weird review bomber guy around, would have been handy for your fight against CDPR and Cyberpunk

« Reply #33014 on: December 07, 2020, 07:01:54 PM »

Lol

benjipwns

« Reply #33015 on: December 07, 2020, 07:02:15 PM »
But come hell or high water, we're gonna get that OT, I suppose. Stay safe, everyone.
:dead

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33016 on: December 07, 2020, 07:02:16 PM »

I think actual hateful people are taking a ride on this but were already hateful to begin with.
I would imagine the world at large don't really care what ResetERA says or does.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #33017 on: December 07, 2020, 07:02:51 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of the ps5 sitting in an entertainment center without the ugly wings?
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #33018 on: December 07, 2020, 07:03:48 PM »
Yep, especially factoring in the incredibly poor state of the moderation going on. Having an OT like that handled properly is tricky proposition even with really good moderation, it's currently fucking unimaginable with the crew that just spent the last weekend vouching for a bigot while banning the people pointing out the bigot's shitty behavior over their tone.
sophia getting btfo

Ghoul

« Reply #33019 on: December 07, 2020, 07:03:50 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of the ps5 sitting in an entertainment center without the ugly wings?

You need the wings, without them on you're asking for issues with dust etc.

« Reply #33020 on: December 07, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »
This is not the thread for that

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33021 on: December 07, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »
"Maybe go discuss videogames on IGN or Discord ?"
- ResetERA
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #33022 on: December 07, 2020, 07:04:45 PM »

Oh my god :dead

:rofl "Numbered scores are just the cudgel we need to beat the chuds into submission!!!!"

« Reply #33023 on: December 07, 2020, 07:05:25 PM »
Transera about to froth their mouth

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33024 on: December 07, 2020, 07:05:30 PM »

I think actual hateful people are taking a ride on this but were already hateful to begin with.
I would imagine the world at large don't really care what ResetERA says or does.
And that's really their biggest problem. They think that people care about all these massive issues that they've mostly imagined themselves.
Like thinking that Black Chamber was somehow secretly funded to promote Cyberpunk 2077 on behalf of CDPR just to spite them.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #33025 on: December 07, 2020, 07:05:43 PM »
But come hell or high water, we're gonna get that OT, I suppose. Stay safe, everyone.
:dead

I made an OT once, literally shaking rn

Himu

« Reply #33026 on: December 07, 2020, 07:05:56 PM »

No, but these people might try to get clout or leadership elsewhere. They're coming from somewhere. My hope is they don't gain actual leadership in lgbt activism. I want them nipped at the bud and I do not want them to have a platform. Will this trend in the wider trans community? God I hope not. Then again, most trans people are excited and would tell them to fuck off. Still though...

IYKYK

Ghoul

« Reply #33027 on: December 07, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »
I never wanna read chud again... They get a buzzword and just fucking run it into the ground.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33028 on: December 07, 2020, 07:06:13 PM »

Nah, that's the irony. Even though they started a doxxing campaign against everyone interested in the game, tried to cancel all the discourse, only allow negative (pseudo) news to be highlighted: absolutely no one - except their quasi-mouthpieces Polygon and Waypoint, to an extent - shared their narrative. They are now proven to be completely irrelevant in gaming discourse. :neogaf And now they try to cope with conspiracy theories, like trumpers after the election :juicy Also throwing all their alleged "allies" under the bus, like that unfunny fuck Greg Miller, for hyping the game.

Tasty

« Reply #33029 on: December 07, 2020, 07:06:49 PM »
I never wanna read chud again... They get a buzzword and just fucking run it into the ground.

Lol same, and I didn't even read it before today.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33030 on: December 07, 2020, 07:07:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53426071
Quote from: DigitalOp
What's going on y'all,

What an absolute utter shitshow. I got caught up and quite simply, I'm not surprised. Not the least bit in regards to how this further broke down entirely. Im know some of you feel hurt and you shouldn't have had to deal with all the anxiety and trolling thats been going on in the past 48Hrs. Idk how much Im able to contribute in regards to advice but having dealt with this type of internet animosity before I wanted to share some experience Ive gained and hopefully that can possibly help us all get past this and back to enjoying your browsing time on the site

- Make a Discord and hunker down

I know you have a TransERA Community thread and Im unaware if you all have made a discord in conjunction to it. I highly suggest doing so as it will allow you all to consolidate your community and protect yourselves further from extraneous animosity. You all are well aware of the more visible posters who represent your community so start there and start working your way out. Start with the people that actually post in your Community OT or even this thread and do whatever you need to do to keep that circle tight. Sometimes its tough to question an account that nobody is familiar with and not wanting be exclusionary but you have to be vigilant against the "troll spies" who look to document and post on other sites. Your peace of mind is worth more than that. Rely on the users you know you can trust and allow newer unfamiliar users to build that trust. A good way of doing that is maybe having a policy where you must be present in the TransOT for a certain amount of time before graduating to the Discord. After a while you will build a solid coalition of posters who can support each other and you'll only be more stronger for it

- Open a dialogue with the ERA mods

This is the hardest suggestion to make right now because the wounds are fresh as hell and I can feel the anger behind the situation. I was in the exact same place once before and angry with how moderation was set up but over time I was able to realize that they don't want to see the site in this manner either and the last thing they would want is shit breaking down because it would make their efforts pointless. simply put, the mods fucked up with this. Ill say it again, the mods fucked up. And it doesn't help with there being a history of this leading up to the current silly shit going on. Allow them to take the steps to repair the damage, allow them to prove to y'all that they are willing and able to foster a better community so the bullshit doesn't happen again. It looks like Kyuuji does have that line of contact and that should be a hard established link moving forward. I saw Android Sophia post about how heartbroken she was over this not only being a mod but also a member of your community and thats the exact person you need to establish your bridge. Every community on ERA should have a mod representative of that community. Remember the Discord? Sophia should be a part of that and the you'll have line of direct contact if you were to have any questions or spitball ideas about how you all can move forward. I know right now its tough to try to establish that trust, I totally understand that. I don't expect that to come back today, tommorrow, or next Tuesday. But what you all should know is that you do have support on the other side and people advocating for your success. Bring them closer and push them to represent your needs.

- Don't take visits to Pissbaby Land and ChudWorld

Its a symptom of palace intrigue and you'll feel inclined just by pure curiosity to take a look at what the pissbabys are up to. Its not worth it. I tell you from experience. I even went with my own name and they were so fucking dumb they didn't even believe it was me. Theres nothing there for you, and you'll just be subjecting yourself to their whining and written filth they spew. Your mental health is worth more than that. Don't bring their filth to ERA threads because quite simply, they aren't worth an ounce of your time or energy. Not a speck of it. Whats the smallest molecule of matter? A Quark? They aren't worth a fucking quark of your energy. These are miserable fucking people who virtually have nothing going for them but these video games and the culture it breeds. Their bullshit president is out (even he's losing his fucking mind), More and more people speak out against their bullshit, and the world continues to become more and more diverse, Along with the gaming community that they want to hide away in because they can't handle reality. They are raging, throwing anything against the wall to make something stick. Thats how pathetic they are. Don't entertain that. Combat them here, let them come to you and embarrass themselves to get that one post off before a perm. Let them waste their time with VPNS and sign up processes. This is a long haul, and while things are a lil hectic over on this side, look where the hell they are, failing websites and hate holes where they endlessly cry about another website they stalk daily. How fucking sad.

- Don't Give Up

The only possible goal that chuds could possibly organize for is to cause you strife. Everything they do is for the purpose of making you feel small, but none of you are small. Quite the opposite, you'll have some of the biggest hearts on the planet and that equals power. Thats why it pained me to see some of you lend so much good faith to obvious shitbirds that try to mess you. There was times I was ready to walk from the site, but what really kept me was thinking about all the people who don't have accounts, who read these boards and see these messages of support. Thats worth it to me, if it can make someone who feels alone in the world find comfort that there are others willing to fight for them.

All the nerds love Demons Souls right? Theres a quote from that game that I ended up loving a lot ironically

"You have a heart of gold, don't let them take it from you"

Thats so true its crazy. Defend yourselves fiercely and boldly. Defend your identity. Defend your love. Thats your birthright. You are allowed to be happy, You are allowed to love yourself, and you are allowed to fight for that. Ill get in a lil trouble here cuz it might square with ERA's hostility clause, but you are not entitled to give ANYONE who doesn't respect you ANY respect in return. Respect is earned, not granted. And there are quite a few topics that simply are NOT up for discussion. Your safety and livelihood is one of them. When the chads come JAQing off in threads, they don't deserve benefit of the doubt with no work. Its quite honestly a tell sign of someone trying to thread the needle of civility and antagonization. Clearly with the current events, we've seen just how damn effective it can be and you can combat that just by being vigilant.

Here's a way to look at it. Like a teacher and a student with a math problem.

If the student comes to the teacher and says "I can't sove this problem" and show them a blank paper, well..... you didn't even try. You usually get a 0 for that. Theres a wealth of resources on this web to educate ones self or get a primer before looking for outside assistance.

However, if that student shows the teacher a paper full of math work, even thought the answer may be wrong, we can see exactly what steps were taken and where the student may have went wrong or what specific part they don't understand. They showed effort. They showed faith in themselves to try to understand an issue without being spooned the answer. That student always gets credit. Because student showed effort.

Let people show you effort before you indulge them. And if they rebuke what is being told to them immediately after they just inquired about it, thats another tell, a frankly common one

Anyway lemme not drone on and on but I felt it would be worth sharing this knowledge with you all. Things will get better, just stay frosty. Remain vigilant and most importantly, protect your peace. That has value, all of you have value. Id press a button and delete every video game on earth if it meant transpeople could finally live in acceptance and peace (Losing Animal crossing would suck but its a no brainer lol😂)

Holla at me if you me, PM or Discord, Ill always have your back, and Ima keep reading and staying up on whats going on here. Much love

Its a symptom of palace intrigue and you'll feel inclined just by pure curiosity to take a look at what the pissbabys are up to. Its not worth it. I tell you from experience. I even went with my own name and they were so fucking dumb they didn't even believe it was me. Theres nothing there for you, and you'll just be subjecting yourself to their whining and written filth they spew.

lol what the fuck he stopped by and was way cooler and nicer than on era and I thought we all had a pretty good time  :-[

Uncle

Himu

« Reply #33031 on: December 07, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »

but it's sooooo uglyyyyyyyyy

IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #33032 on: December 07, 2020, 07:08:08 PM »

Gay here, co-signed. We're really a lovely group of people and a generally supportive community.

« Reply #33033 on: December 07, 2020, 07:09:11 PM »

Yeah, it genuinely sucks.  There are many regions where interactions with non-closeted trans people are hard to come by, so they'll see shit like this and jump to all sorts of conclusions.  It's just making it harder for people like my own trans friends who don't take inclusive media with a few clumsy depictions so seriously.

I completely support a movement to show the world that the vast majority of trans people are not like this.

Boredfrom

« Reply #33034 on: December 07, 2020, 07:09:39 PM »
What the fuck is Pissbaby Land and Chuddworld? Is the kindergarten he stop by?

BisMarckie

« Reply #33035 on: December 07, 2020, 07:10:20 PM »
really hope the staff are aware what a challenge the OT is going to be, because there's every chance it becomes a total shitshow.

So close to self-awareness

benjipwns

« Reply #33036 on: December 07, 2020, 07:10:28 PM »
Remember TransEra, every vote for Cyberpunk2077 in the GOTY voting is like the person is voting all over again for Trump, BAN IT!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33037 on: December 07, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »

but it's sooooo uglyyyyyyyyy

But very confident  8)
🤴

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #33038 on: December 07, 2020, 07:13:41 PM »

Well, Trans people are not a monolith, right?  ;)

BisMarckie

« Reply #33039 on: December 07, 2020, 07:13:42 PM »
And the mods can't just outright ban anyone and everyone who mentions the game.

Why not?

benjipwns

« Reply #33040 on: December 07, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
Really disappointed in Hasan. He's my favorite streamer and he absolutely let me down on a personal level.
He did quite a bit of damage today
Gotta feeling that's going to be a feeling a lot of people are going to have about their favorite streamers come Thursday.
Yeah I'm so disappointed in Hasan, he's being a real fucking clown and I expected better
This thread is about Hasan now?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #33041 on: December 07, 2020, 07:15:10 PM »
Look at all these people returning, beautiful. With the patience of a grasshopper and the knowledge of over 1000 fights, Malka fucking did it

:lol :lol :lol

Himu

« Reply #33042 on: December 07, 2020, 07:15:19 PM »

Holy shit, your avatar is amazing. :dead
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33043 on: December 07, 2020, 07:17:25 PM »
What I'm seeing on other internet places not called ResetEra is mostly discussion about the GameSpot 7/10  :lol
🤴

Himu

« Reply #33044 on: December 07, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »
Honestly my main concern with Cyberpunk is shit like:

I played Witcher 3 and it was a babby rpg. Whoever called that game an rpg lied to me. Is Cyberpunk an actual RPG with things like numbers and stats or more babs town?

That's what I wanna know. What I've seen looks good though. If they stick to the games pen and paper roots...:obama
IYKYK

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #33045 on: December 07, 2020, 07:19:25 PM »

Holy shit, your avatar is amazing. :dead

Irony is I have Resetera to thank for it.

And my impression is that its not a number cruncher, but more RPG-lite. I'm alright with it though, as it fills the hole I'm looking for, pun maybe intended.

Tasty

« Reply #33046 on: December 07, 2020, 07:19:46 PM »
Look at all these people returning, beautiful. With the patience of a grasshopper and the knowledge of over 1000 fights, Malka fucking did it

Tasty

« Reply #33047 on: December 07, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »
Imagine unironically blowing Evilore using his own stupid-even-at-the-time self-boast from 10 years ago :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #33048 on: December 07, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »
I really hope the staff are aware what a challenge the OT is going to be, because there's every chance it becomes a total shitshow.

Not convinced it's worth it even to quarantine the capital G Gamers, but it's happening and all I can say is good luck.

Why is would the OT where people will just talk about the game be a shitshow?  :lol

The only ones who have consistently turned everything into a shitshow is transera

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #33049 on: December 07, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »
10 new pages of the shit? :stahp
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #33050 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
What I'm seeing on other internet places not called ResetEra is mostly discussion about the GameSpot 7/10  :lol

NOT LOW ENOUGH THE OTHER SCORES SHOULD BE LIKE THAT TOO :rage

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #33051 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:08 PM »

eh, if people are thinking badly of trans communities because of this they aren't worth a damn. people are being incredibly frail about all this.

my take on what happened at era is the community felt unheard and frustrated and it became their hill to die on. less about the game and more about their place on the forum. there was a lot of mischaracterisation of what was happening imo. a really telling response was when that pm black chamber sent to kyuuji was posted and he said it was a response to her saying specifically she was going to "derail the ot" then what she actually pm'd him was posted and it had nothing to do with derailment, was super nice and civil. surprise, he was being a fucking dickhead. at the end of the day, even if bc is not a bigot or explicitly transphobic he is definitely an idiot that stoked the flames.
◕‿◕

Pennywise

« Reply #33052 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:11 PM »
The most Messy of  posts

I wasn't aware Technobabylon had a trans main character. Bought!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53424394

He's like that parody account on twitter who doesn't like the LBTQ+ tv shows he watches but still gives them a 10/10

I often wonder if his parents had to crunch to finance his wife.

Ghoul

« Reply #33053 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:24 PM »
Only on neogaf would you get someone be like OMG TYLER DID IT. WHEN IT'S ESSENTIALLY

benjipwns

« Reply #33054 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:29 PM »
I really hope the staff are aware what a challenge the OT is going to be, because there's every chance it becomes a total shitshow.

Not convinced it's worth it even to quarantine the capital G Gamers, but it's happening and all I can say is good luck.

Why is would the OT where people will just talk about the game be a shitshow?  :lol

The only ones who have consistently turned everything into a shitshow is transera
He means that people are going to post about the game rather than the made-up-in-head topic.

Himu

« Reply #33055 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »

Seeing Neogaf implode from an exodus and now this.

Life finds a way.
IYKYK

Averon

« Reply #33056 on: December 07, 2020, 07:23:48 PM »
Can't wait for the OT to settle into people just talking about the game and people not saying "Fuck CDPR!!! Fuck Gamers!!!! Fuck Transphobes!!!" every other post and TransERA getting into a frothy rage because of that.

Tasty

« Reply #33057 on: December 07, 2020, 07:23:57 PM »
Really disappointed in Hasan. He's my favorite streamer and he absolutely let me down on a personal level.
He did quite a bit of damage today
Gotta feeling that's going to be a feeling a lot of people are going to have about their favorite streamers come Thursday.
Yeah I'm so disappointed in Hasan, he's being a real fucking clown and I expected better
This thread is about Hasan now?

Dunno who this Hasan dude is but he sounds like a cool dude.

Ghoul

« Reply #33058 on: December 07, 2020, 07:24:47 PM »
Transera, "Now mods hear me out, I have a great idea for the OT, it's all in a cages and the posters live there forever"

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #33059 on: December 07, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
10 new pages of the shit? :stahp

Can someone give me a basic gestalt pls :uguu
(ice)