Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3128177 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #33060 on: December 07, 2020, 07:25:36 PM »
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #33061 on: December 07, 2020, 07:25:42 PM »
Disappointed that an OT will happen again.

Mods are back on the menu, folks!

« Reply #33062 on: December 07, 2020, 07:25:50 PM »
For some reason cyberpunk game chaos at era reminds me so much of Dave Chapelle and his humor trans folks don’t like on era

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33063 on: December 07, 2020, 07:25:52 PM »
Is the pc performance thread going to have optimal settings for fps, frame pacing, ray tracing, and minimal transphobia TM

era to open a "pc performance" thread except the pc stands for politically correct and it's yet another honeypot to discuss the game's failings

innocently show up and talk about how you're getting some frame drops on your new card and get told to READ THE FUCKING ROOM
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #33064 on: December 07, 2020, 07:26:23 PM »
And yet as a non-binary person this site remains the one place I personally feel comfortable discussing games, despite all the issues. This makes it especially hurtful when staff drop the ball and fumble things with a minority group and drive more of the people away that help make this place better, and this place no doubt has issues, but that doesn't change the fact this place is the only place myself (and many others) feel comfortable to discuss our hobbies online with a large community.

Please don't ignore that.
There are more important things that your ability to talk about anything on a forum!!! People are literally dying! UNSAFE!

BisMarckie

« Reply #33066 on: December 07, 2020, 07:27:40 PM »

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33067 on: December 07, 2020, 07:27:44 PM »
10 new pages of the shit? :stahp

Can someone give me a basic gestalt pls :uguu

Transera had all review threads banned
Transera angry that posters came into their thread to talk about the game, even though they got told to do that.
Reset went after shinobi and one guy got very emotional, attacked shinobi and then asked for an account closure
They went after a trans jorno for dissagreeing with them
Kyuuji is still planning to play day one
They're now super upset that an OT is allowed.
Black Chamber is now a neogaf user and I believe posting his OT there.

benjipwns

« Reply #33068 on: December 07, 2020, 07:28:02 PM »
It's not by ignoring. There are better ways to go at it, and better threads to promote a place where discussion of the game is at both times exploratory and critical by people who are sensitive to these topics. As Persephone said, perhaps the play is to separate different communities' interaction with the one game. But even in that there is the acknowledgement of a community within this forum that is especially unfazed by concerns of transphobia. The forum cannot stay in this limbo forever. I'm also genderqueer and i am tired to the bones of the sophomoric ideal that things can get better without radicalizing the means of discussion in this forum and being clear about what kinds of attitudes are not accepted.
yesssss

Tasty

« Reply #33069 on: December 07, 2020, 07:28:07 PM »
10 new pages of the shit? :stahp

Can someone give me a basic gestalt pls :uguu

RE continues to explode from positive Cyberpunk reviews, top TransEra people have already preloaded their free keys, the mods "made everything worse" by... giving and and doing exactly what they were told, and the official thread will be posted by an admin (over protest of many vocal users) shortly.

Also NeoGAF might be riding the soap scum residue from the bathtub wave of traffic this drama puddle has kicked up.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33070 on: December 07, 2020, 07:29:54 PM »
Crazy concept, I never judge an ethnicity by one person or vice versa, I judge a person by whether they are cool or not :rogan Of some aquaintances I didn't even know they were gay for long, because who cares. The only reason to despise resettis is their repulsive personalities. :idont Not like most of them can even confirm they are what they claim, so even more it's all on their shit behaviour, which includes the bullying of people on suicide watch, because of petty and crazy reasons.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 07:35:42 PM by Spieler1 »

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33071 on: December 07, 2020, 07:31:12 PM »
Disappointed that an OT will happen again.

Mods are back on the menu, folks!

folx  :hmph

benjipwns

« Reply #33072 on: December 07, 2020, 07:32:40 PM »
Re: Those ads

(Image removed from quote.)

Number 3 clearly seems to be setting up its character (possibly a trans person) as the butt of a joke. Bad.
Numbers 1 and 4 (maybe 2 as well, judging by the groping hands) have men of color as the target. I feel like over-sexualization of that group is pretty common and I'm not sure if CDPR had bad intent here, but something seems off.

Either way, my biggest question is: "Why do these ads exist in the world?"

Is there some deeper meaning to explain why the over-sexualized advertising is there and bad? Or is it just "DYSTOPIA! FUTURE BAD! EVERYONE SEXUALIZED!"
:derp

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #33073 on: December 07, 2020, 07:32:50 PM »
Thanks for the gestalt peeps :heart
(ice)

ShutUp

« Reply #33074 on: December 07, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »
Can't wait for the OT to settle into people just talking about the game and people not saying "Fuck CDPR!!! Fuck Gamers!!!! Fuck Transphobes!!!" every other post and TransERA getting into a frothy rage because of that.

That's exactly what will happen. TransEra seems to think the orcs are gathering for a feast on anyone who isnt a straight white male when in reality its going to start out with people simply talking about the reviews or the PC requirements or the bugs etc.

Then the complaining will begin.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #33075 on: December 07, 2020, 07:34:39 PM »

Number 3 clearly seems to be setting up its character (possibly a trans person) as the butt of a joke. Bad.
Numbers 1 and 4 (maybe 2 as well, judging by the groping hands) have men of color as the target. I feel like over-sexualization of that group is pretty common and I'm not sure if CDPR had bad intent here, but something seems off.

Is there some deeper meaning to explain why the over-sexualized advertising is there and bad? Or is it just "DYSTOPIA! FUTURE BAD! EVERYONE SEXUALIZED!"

Maybe there is a questline where you'll discover that the evil corporations are using these ads to sell products.

Tasty

« Reply #33076 on: December 07, 2020, 07:34:47 PM »

This isn't even surface-level criticism :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #33077 on: December 07, 2020, 07:35:08 PM »
Way i see it the title is the handling, all of it is the handling, the OT has been a symbol for discussions on this forum for people for who don't care [about] the transphobia of the game throughout the entire history of this thread on this forum and the OT will keep being that, unless by some magic force those posters happen to just leave era in the meantime.
RADICALIZE MEANS OF DISCUSSION

Tasty

« Reply #33079 on: December 07, 2020, 07:36:11 PM »
Way i see it the title is the handling, all of it is the handling, the OT has been a symbol for discussions on this forum for people for who don't care [about] the transphobia of the game throughout the entire history of this thread on this forum and the OT will keep being that, unless by some magic force those posters happen to just leave era in the meantime.
RADICALIZE MEANS OF DISCUSSION

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/60fd94f1-c2c5-4f9c-8452-377ef17f58b4

paprikastaude

« Reply #33080 on: December 07, 2020, 07:37:05 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33081 on: December 07, 2020, 07:38:20 PM »
I lifted that straight from Pissbaby land  :lol

Overall the folks there seem pretty welcoming and they have a tits and butts nsfw thread as well as a cyberpunk discussion :leon
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #33082 on: December 07, 2020, 07:40:15 PM »
They’re also racists Nintex.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #33083 on: December 07, 2020, 07:40:26 PM »
"I can't believe these fuckers are all ignoring the sticky thread!"

*every cyberpunk thread gets closed*

"Why are all these fuckers coming into the sticky thread!!!"

*OT gets announced*

"These fuckers are just going to talk about the game in there!!!"

Tasty

« Reply #33084 on: December 07, 2020, 07:40:28 PM »
I lifted that straight from Pissbaby land  :lol

Overall the folks there seem pretty welcoming and they have a tits and butts nsfw thread as well as a cyberpunk discussion :leon

Do they have hookers and blackjack too?

...what was my point again? :thinking

Ghoul

« Reply #33085 on: December 07, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »
PC era have been chatting about cyberpunk all day....

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #33086 on: December 07, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »
So wait, I can actually be trans in Cypberpunk? Like I can actually make a character and make the gender transsexual? Holy fuck. I have never been able to do that. Finally, representation.
No, no, no, no, CINDI, there was an ad with a dick in it! Made by a lesbian! You can't! Don't betray your people!

How bad do you think Cyberpunk will be on ps4? I don't have a ps5 :(
Pro or regular? May be playable on Pro.

I have a regular and I don't see the point in getting a pro now because ps5 plays ps4 games better. :(
Exactly where I'm at. Heard it runs terrible on base consoles.

Gonna wait for the actual PS5 version (and whenever the fuck i get a PS5  :rage)

when I get a ps5 I want to take the ugly wings off tbh

It's a pretty atrocious design but I can't wait 2-3 years for a "pro" or "slim"  :'(

benjipwns

« Reply #33087 on: December 07, 2020, 07:41:56 PM »
This isn't even surface-level criticism :lol
The whole "transphobic game" thing is basically this. They're complaining there's any representation, because that representation is set at the same level as everyone elses place in the world. If the game had never even had trans representation they'd never be criticizing it. They aren't criticizing the latest Call of Duty or Nintendo game for being "transphobic" when it completely ignores trans representation and has never even tried to grapple with the subject. They're targeting this game because it dared to try and be inclusive for the first time and came up short of whatever their ideal is.

I've long suspected they're just disappointed the game wasn't what they wanted after eight years and are trying to find some "progressive morals" way of expressing that disappointment, and they latched onto transphobia because that's their personal fad and what has power in their world, ResetERA.com. They don't want discussion of any kind, hence the demand for it all to be banned, because they're afraid it might actually turn out positively after they've invested so deeply in it being not just bad, but "actively harmful to transpeople" or whatever.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33088 on: December 07, 2020, 07:43:30 PM »
It's not by ignoring. There are better ways to go at it, and better threads to promote a place where discussion of the game is at both times exploratory and critical by people who are sensitive to these topics. As Persephone said, perhaps the play is to separate different communities' interaction with the one game. But even in that there is the acknowledgement of a community within this forum that is especially unfazed by concerns of transphobia. The forum cannot stay in this limbo forever. I'm also genderqueer and i am tired to the bones of the sophomoric ideal that things can get better without radicalizing the means of discussion in this forum and being clear about what kinds of attitudes are not accepted.
yesssss

...what are the chances that literally all of them are just kiwifarmers?

all playing this secret game where they think they're upsetting others but the others are just dutifully playing their role and acting upset

sometimes they slip and make too clever of a post like this one

the biggest metagame of all time
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #33089 on: December 07, 2020, 07:46:46 PM »
yesssss

all playing this secret game where they think they're upsetting others but the others are just dutifully playing their role and acting upset

Oh my god, a double-blind scenario where everyone's a Kiwifarmer but know one knows it... :lol :lol :lol

I think I could sell that shit to Hollywood. :lol

paprikastaude

« Reply #33090 on: December 07, 2020, 07:47:11 PM »
"I can't believe these fuckers are all ignoring the sticky thread!"

*every cyberpunk thread gets closed*

"Why are all these fuckers coming into the sticky thread!!!"

*OT gets announced*

"These fuckers are just going to talk about the game in there!!!"

benjipwns

« Reply #33091 on: December 07, 2020, 07:47:58 PM »
Those people ignore staff posts and will flock to whatever the main discussion point will be regardless of whether it's called an OT or not, and the same micro-aggressions and issues that have been allowed to fester previously will regardless of the framing of it unless the staff actually decide to do things differently. I'm not sure how much value there would be in symbolic changes, I have nothing against the idea of changing that ultimately, but this needs to be real holistic change and it needs to happen now.

If we don't address it, then whatever new term we come up with for OTs, whatever new format is used, will just become synonymous with the same issues.

The issues are site wide, and run deeper than Trans Era alone. Right now the focus should absolutely be on Trans Era and how this game is affecting them, but the staff need to think about how all minority groups are cared for going forward.
They're going to rename "OT's" and think they solved whatever the problem is aren't they. Already saw complaining that "OT culture" came over from NeoGAF.com lol

Snoopycat_

« Reply #33092 on: December 07, 2020, 07:50:27 PM »
Instead of being outraged about everything those people should be like Kyuji, just go chill out and play Cyberpunk

Himu

« Reply #33093 on: December 07, 2020, 07:51:30 PM »
So wait, I can actually be trans in Cypberpunk? Like I can actually make a character and make the gender transsexual? Holy fuck. I have never been able to do that. Finally, representation.
No, no, no, no, CINDI, there was an ad with a dick in it! Made by a lesbian! You can't! Don't betray your people!

How bad do you think Cyberpunk will be on ps4? I don't have a ps5 :(
Pro or regular? May be playable on Pro.

I have a regular and I don't see the point in getting a pro now because ps5 plays ps4 games better. :(
Exactly where I'm at. Heard it runs terrible on base consoles.

Gonna wait for the actual PS5 version (and whenever the fuck i get a PS5  :rage)

when I get a ps5 I want to take the ugly wings off tbh

It's a pretty atrocious design but I can't wait 2-3 years for a "pro" or "slim"  :'(

Same. Need that Demon's Souls and ps4 bc performance, dawg.
IYKYK

Yulwei

« Reply #33094 on: December 07, 2020, 07:52:08 PM »
The micro-aggression of talking about which cool cyber leg augment you picked for your first playthrough  :o  :dizzy

paprikastaude

« Reply #33095 on: December 07, 2020, 07:52:22 PM »
yesssss

Oh my god, a double-blind scenario where everyone's a Kiwifarmer but know one knows it... :lol :lol :lol

I think I could sell that shit to Hollywood. :lol

I hope at least some funny youtuber or something takes notice and makes a good spoof out of it. But then again, why would anyone successful still pay attention to the forum :fbm

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33096 on: December 07, 2020, 07:53:15 PM »
People who are witnessing this please don't think badly of trans people or the lgbt community because of ResetEra. Please don't.

Gay here, co-signed. We're really a lovely group of people and a generally supportive community.
pissbaby chud here, tri-signed! we're only taking the piss, baby! :rash

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33097 on: December 07, 2020, 07:53:52 PM »

do I not play enough video games or is this not the most "shockingly" LGBT-positive imagery ever included in an AAA game ever?

there was a time when a game would've been pulled from all storefronts for something like this, karens clutching their pearls

naughty gods wish they could include anything this bold in their own games
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #33098 on: December 07, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »

do I not play enough video games or is this not the most "shockingly" LGBT-positive imagery ever included in an AAA game ever?

there was a time when a game would've been pulled from all storefronts for something like this, karens clutching their pearls

this is in cyberpunk?

Yoooo, we made it

IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33099 on: December 07, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »

Counter argument: These ads are actually good, and i'd love to live in a world where i walk around and see all sorts of horny shit.  :-*

benjipwns

« Reply #33100 on: December 07, 2020, 07:58:39 PM »

That's a good example of what I mean. We all here understand TransEra even when we disagree with them. So it's easy to see how Cyberpunk2077 fails to meet their impossible unstated standards, but where they cross into being unhinged is thinking that trying, but failing to meet those standards is actively malicious on the part of CDPR. CDPR is obviously trying otherwise.

BisMarckie

« Reply #33101 on: December 07, 2020, 07:58:45 PM »

I hope at least some funny youtuber or something takes notice and makes a good spoof out of it. But then again, why would anyone successful still pay attention to the forum :fbm

Dunkey's next drama monday will be lit, baybee

paprikastaude

« Reply #33102 on: December 07, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »

But what about those instances where Cyberpunk fans and CDPR threatened their lifes, ...which resetti literally never backs with any concrete examples, for some reason (because they completely made the drama up).

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33103 on: December 07, 2020, 08:01:28 PM »
resetera's reaction is a psyop on maga neogaf chuds

normally they would freak the fuck out and try to boycott the game for having imagery like this

now seeing era's reaction, they have to like the game just to make them angrier

secretly getting phobes on board by pretending to hate all the LGBT content

it's a masterstroke
 :delicious
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #33104 on: December 07, 2020, 08:01:35 PM »
Counter argument: These ads are actually good, and i'd love to live in a world where i walk around and see all sorts of horny shit.  :-*
You're just excited about the free version 3.0 upgrade to Mr. Stud.

Tasty

« Reply #33105 on: December 07, 2020, 08:02:31 PM »

Virgin American/French prude studios: "Have some light girl on girl teehee :teehee"

Chad Polish CDPR: "HOMO HUNKS HUMPIN' IT UP! :tauntaun"

Himu

« Reply #33106 on: December 07, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »

normally they would freak the fuck out and try to boycott the game for having imagery like this

it's a masterstroke

:dead
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #33107 on: December 07, 2020, 08:06:06 PM »
filler coming through with the likes again :rejoice

The mad man did it again :klob

Tasty

« Reply #33108 on: December 07, 2020, 08:06:22 PM »

it's a masterstroke

:ohhh

This is how we infiltrate the Republicans

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33109 on: December 07, 2020, 08:08:21 PM »

Virgin American/French prude studios: "Have some light girl on girl teehee :teehee"

Chad Polish CDPR: "HOMO HUNKS HUMPIN' IT UP! :tauntaun"

Disney: "we made two girls kiss in the background of star wars if you look really close  :-["

Mass Effect Andromeda: "if you talk to this one minor NPC for 30 seconds she'll deadname herself, see it's trans representation  :-["

Cyberpunk: "BE SURE TO DO THE DOCKING SIDEQUEST YOU GET A LOT OF XP FOR THAT ONE  :hump :gun"
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #33110 on: December 07, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »
People who are witnessing this please don't think badly of trans people or the lgbt community because of ResetEra. Please don't.

Gay here, co-signed. We're really a lovely group of people and a generally supportive community.
pissbaby chud here, tri-signed! we're only taking the piss, baby! :rash

The Piss Daddy quad-signs :rash :heart
(ice)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #33111 on: December 07, 2020, 08:10:51 PM »
EDIT: ALSO, interracial couples are still definitely seen as a fetish to some people so that last ad was probably designed with that sort of thing in mind. I somehow can't see them making an ad with two black men embracing cause it's not "controversial" enough.

Shocking, if true.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53431849
sigh

Himu

« Reply #33112 on: December 07, 2020, 08:11:56 PM »
Ok, that's a flat out troll.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33113 on: December 07, 2020, 08:14:16 PM »
i've come to a conclusion similar to Uncle's.

This is uncharted territory as far as lgbt representation comes in video games and because it's so fucking different people who are used to not being represented in this capacity are freaking out about it because they're not used to trans people for instance, being so visible in a AAA vidya game.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #33114 on: December 07, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »
EDIT: ALSO, interracial couples are still definitely seen as a fetish to some people so that last ad was probably designed with that sort of thing in mind. I somehow can't see them making an ad with two black men embracing cause it's not "controversial" enough.

Shocking, if true.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53431849
you with the Cyberpunk avatar don't give me a lot of feelings that this is all in good faith

:social2

benjipwns

« Reply #33115 on: December 07, 2020, 08:14:54 PM »
Also, you want a good sexualized ad with a trans person? Just assume the first ad is a trans man. Boom, acceptable. See how it doesn't bring focus to them being trans in that situation?
um, what

Ghoul

« Reply #33116 on: December 07, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »
What amazes me is the game isn’t even in their hands yet, we’re just getting started here.

Will be interesting to see how the OT works out. Or will you just have the gang from the CDPR thread derailing that one? Also how big is the disclaimer about the transphobia gonna be? I really hope they don’t copy the whole CDPR main post into it.... We shall see.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #33117 on: December 07, 2020, 08:20:07 PM »
So the rampant transphobia in the game was an imagined conspiracy theory all along :titus
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #33118 on: December 07, 2020, 08:21:19 PM »
Also, you want a good sexualized ad with a trans person? Just assume the first ad is a trans man. Boom, acceptable. See how it doesn't bring focus to them being trans in that situation?
um, what

Every videogame is actually amazing at trans representation when you imagine that every character is a trans-man or -woman. Boom the perfect trans representation has always been there.

Advanced students also imagine all the white guys as poc. Boom diversity solved

benjipwns

« Reply #33119 on: December 07, 2020, 08:26:38 PM »
Quote from: stupei
The "its a dystopia, duh" is the argument I'm seeing the most from my irl friends who would otherwise consider themselves fairly left-leaning.
The basic problem with the argument is that at least in terms of in world advertising, the only way this works as dystopian is if we all accept on a base level that objectifying and fetishizing people just to sell a product is immoral.
Wait, isn't this the ENTIRE ARGUMENT of the thread's claim to transphobia? That fetishizing a trans person is inherently immoral? :mindblown