Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106113 times)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »
How long before RE starts shitting on Kobe and calling him a bad person?

12 hours maybe?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2020, 03:06:15 PM »
How long before RE starts shitting on Kobe and calling him a bad person?

wasn't he a rapist?

Tripon

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2020, 03:09:04 PM »

« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2020, 03:16:37 PM »
i thought reee didnt platform people accused of rape

surely the thred will be locked because they care so much about women

how can you ban people for calling out a rapist yet claim to belive women, they cant allow dismissing concerns about rape can they
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:27:49 PM by NegativeCrepe »

ShutUp

« Reply #369 on: January 26, 2020, 03:22:55 PM »
They had to fucking close the thread about Kobe dying because of too many people reporting a few of the pieces of shit in that thread seemingly happy about this news.

Tripon

« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2020, 03:24:12 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/post-28580243

Mentally unstable lot

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Temporarily locking this thread while we go through reports.

man, can't even let a tragedy go by to settle scores, I guess.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2020, 03:26:20 PM »
You would think they would set an upper limit on reports so they don't have to go through a bunch of the same shit.

Time to get the website design team together to program the scenario!

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »
I can’t help but to keep thinking how weird it is that this is also the week that A Plague Tale went up on Gamepass. Has to be a coincidence seeing how those deals are probably worked out months in advance, but still. At least Coronavirus doesn’t cause rat swarms, I guess.

:picard

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2020, 03:31:59 PM »
I can’t help but to keep thinking how weird it is that this is also the week that A Plague Tale went up on Gamepass. Has to be a coincidence seeing how those deals are probably worked out months in advance, but still. At least Coronavirus doesn’t cause rat swarms, I guess.

:picard

©@©™

« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2020, 03:32:36 PM »
This is a tragic incident, especially in light of his daughters potentially passing. However, Kobe Bryant's sexual assault case is not the subject of this thread. Please stay on topic. Hostility towards other members going off topic will also be moderated. If you think a post is off topic, use the report button and/or the ignore feature.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »
densexcel doesn't understand, tries to make a thread, getting dunked on

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-to-be-in-the-right-and-still-be-the-asshole-fake-homophobic-jk-rowling-tweet-spreads-and-jk-compares-it-to-the-elders-of-zion.166878/

I mean fine close the thread if y'all disagree... but If a fake racist Tweet from Trump surfaced and he started invoking comparisons to the rise of Totalitarianism, and the creation of the Elders of Zion (that citation is specifically about the Elders of Zion) people wouldn't be saying it's nothing

:lol

« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2020, 03:46:42 PM »
densexcel doesn't understand, tries to make a thread, getting dunked on

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-to-be-in-the-right-and-still-be-the-asshole-fake-homophobic-jk-rowling-tweet-spreads-and-jk-compares-it-to-the-elders-of-zion.166878/

I mean fine close the thread if y'all disagree... but If a fake racist Tweet from Trump surfaced and he started invoking comparisons to the rise of Totalitarianism, and the creation of the Elders of Zion (that citation is specifically about the Elders of Zion) people wouldn't be saying it's nothing

(Image removed from quote.)

there was an attempt

And rip kobe

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2020, 03:50:38 PM »
Wow banning people who are trying to give a voice to sexual assault victims what a bad look

Resetera once again silencing women to worship a male
:O

samir

« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2020, 03:51:34 PM »
it seems like even the inmates are starting to get tired of incelsiorlef's shit

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #381 on: January 26, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »
rip Kobe.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #383 on: January 26, 2020, 03:59:20 PM »
Quote from: AnAsshole
So it's aright to mourn the passing of an accused rapist because he played a children's game well? I'm sorry but I tend to believe accusers.

I've gotten about a dozen "Fuck off" or "Fuck you" responses, but no one saying "No, he wasn't."

Quote from: AnotherAsshole
Fuck you you lowlife piece of shit. I fucking wish you died instead and only you. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-and-one-of-his-daughters-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/page-33#post-28582402

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #384 on: January 26, 2020, 04:00:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-to-be-in-the-right-and-still-be-the-asshole-fake-homophobic-jk-rowling-tweet-spreads-and-jk-compares-it-to-the-elders-of-zion.166878/page-2
Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 28582442, member: 330
Quote from: Eumi, post: 28582412, member: 30521
The problem is that your OP doesn’t at all explain how it fits this pattern. It doesn’t even mention transphobia at all, besides just saying she is. People seeing this tweet the way you’ve framed it are going to push back against you because you’re taking your interpretation of it stripped from all context and claiming it as Rowling’s actual intent, as opposed to the far simpler intent that appears way more likely both with and without the context.

Not everybody knows about Rowling’s views, or even really knows why they’re a problem. You’d need to completely reframe this discussion to be about her larger worldview and how this tweet fits in with her history of supporting transphobia if you wanted to see the discussion I think you want.
You know what fair enough.

I did assume after the last huge TERF story came out, it had become common knowledge.

So I went Jezebel snark style over academic presentation, clearly a mistake.

:doge

Top of the page Mrs. Fuudo  :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #385 on: January 26, 2020, 04:01:54 PM »
I thought we had a ban on threads based on fake tweets.

Rowling hasn't apologized for her statements on trans issues. She can be criticized back-and-forth for that.

But when there are two threads falsely claiming she is a homophobe, and now one trying to claim that she is a closet Nazi it's looking more like pure hate for the individual.

To say that The Origins of Totalitarianism is a famous academic text would be an understatement. One of the topics is propaganda, which is oddly on-point given today's use of social media and the way in which Trump and the right wing have weaponized its use once again.

I fail to see how her responding to an intentional (false) smear campaign by quoting the book equates to your claim that she is acting like a Nazi by doing so.

:dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2020, 04:07:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-to-be-in-the-right-and-still-be-the-asshole-fake-homophobic-jk-rowling-tweet-spreads-and-jk-compares-it-to-the-elders-of-zion.166878/page-2
Quote from: astro, post: 28582604, member: 3591
We've had a bunch of threads about this here, if you want to search for them they're full of evidence.
Quote from: Typhonsentra, post: 28582623, member: 13575
It kind of feels like people are playing defense for Rowling by propping up fake and hyperbolic attacks so that the more valid criticism about her views on trans issues lose oxygen.
Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 28582710, member: 330
She's not a nazi, I'm not saying she is, I'm saying she's comparing the people who believed that tweet to people who believed the Elders of ZIon.... and like that's what everyone responding to her thinks too

:ryker
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2020, 04:08:21 PM »
I agree. It's important for the trans activists and allies to stop propping up excelsiorlef and just ignore her.
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2020, 04:10:33 PM »
  So I went Jezebel snark style over academic presentation, clearly a mistake.

Saying this like is a good thing that Jezebel does.  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2020, 04:12:25 PM »
I'm not editing out the original part so as to be honest about my failed approach.

is excel ok?

shosta

« Reply #391 on: January 26, 2020, 04:13:17 PM »
There are so many Ls in one thread... Rowling herself for comparing people who fall for fake news (that's everyone, at some point) to unwitting collaborators of totalitarianism... excel for making the most annoying thread because she's a drama queen... and everyone who misread her as saying that Rowling is a nazi because everyone lacks basic reading comprehension...

it's like I'm sitting at the focal point of a parabolic dish that reflects stupid. it's all in one spot.
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #392 on: January 26, 2020, 04:14:56 PM »

it's like I'm sitting at the focal point of a parabolic dish that reflects stupid. it's all in one spot.

Come on, you have been posting in this thread for over 2 years and should be used to it.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #393 on: January 26, 2020, 04:20:41 PM »
Wasn't shosta one of the people who built and curated that dish?

Curious
:O

Raist

« Reply #394 on: January 26, 2020, 04:24:15 PM »
It was bad enough to lose the legend himself, and the loss of the daughter makes this news unbearably sad. This is awful.

Fuck the three nonames who also died then I guess.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #395 on: January 26, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »
Wasn't shosta one of the people who built and curated that dish?

Curious

:ohhh

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »
It was bad enough to lose the legend himself, and the loss of the daughter makes this news unbearably sad. This is awful.

Fuck the three nonames who also died then I guess.

To be fair, they weren't rapists.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2020, 04:38:00 PM »
Quote from: AnAsshole
So it's aright to mourn the passing of an accused rapist because he played a children's game well? I'm sorry but I tend to believe accusers.

I've gotten about a dozen "Fuck off" or "Fuck you" responses, but no one saying "No, he wasn't."

Quote from: AnotherAsshole
Fuck you you lowlife piece of shit. I fucking wish you died instead and only you. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-and-one-of-his-daughters-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/page-33#post-28582402
It's not just Era. WaPo reporters on Twitter are doing the same thing.
Tweeting about the rape case from a couple years ago a minute after the news broke and getting absolutely wrecked in their comments.
🤴

Rman

« Reply #398 on: January 26, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »
Sorry mods. I will celebrate Bill Cosby's death when that thread gets posted here. If the site wants to chase me off after that moment, feel free

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-and-one-of-his-daughters-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/post-28583454

Sweeney again going for the most inappropriate comparison.

One of the most obnoxious posters on that forum.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #399 on: January 26, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
This is a tragic incident, especially in light of his daughters potentially passing. However, Kobe Bryant's sexual assault case is not the subject of this thread. Please stay on topic. Hostility towards other members going off topic will also be moderated. If you think a post is off topic, use the report button and/or the ignore feature.
Are they not aware that they constantly encourage this behavior in other threads like when people keep bringing up the THQ AMA in unrelated threads? The mods are dumb as fuck

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #400 on: January 26, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »
I'd be so tired too if I was always that woke.

Averon

« Reply #401 on: January 26, 2020, 04:58:55 PM »
A competent mod team would tell excel to knock it off, maybe even curtail her thread posting privileges. It's obvious excel is a shitposter, and she's using woke progressive politics and her identity as trans to get away with it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #402 on: January 26, 2020, 04:59:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-to-be-in-the-right-and-still-be-the-asshole-fake-homophobic-jk-rowling-tweet-spreads-and-jk-compares-it-to-the-elders-of-zion.166878/page-3
Quote from: Eumi, post: 28583149, member: 30521
Could well be. Even if she wasn’t thinking about that when making the tweet it’s not like she’s going out of her way to correct the blatant transphobia she’s getting in reply, so she’s complicit either way.

I know if a whole bunch of bigots started using something I said to spread their hate, I’d probably want to say something about that.
Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 28583495, member: 330
Silence speaks volumes.

And like I said her reasoning for coming out of the dog-whistling and into out right naked bigotry was because she now believes trans folk and the government supporting us, are a threat to "real" women.

So going off about this is how totalitarianism  happens in this case. It's just an escalation.

It's all part of a  message to make trans rights out to be a threat.

Clearly this is all JK Rowling spends her time doing.  Have we checked into another recently-outed enemy of the people, Robert Downey Jr., yet?
ど助平

samir

« Reply #403 on: January 26, 2020, 05:05:45 PM »
A competent mod team would tell excel to knock it off, maybe even curtail her thread posting privileges. It's obvious excel is a shitposter, and she's using woke progressive politics and her identity as trans to get away with it.

Perhaps they should enlist the help of the Bore Mod Squad to get the situation under control.

Raist

« Reply #404 on: January 26, 2020, 05:06:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-to-be-in-the-right-and-still-be-the-asshole-fake-homophobic-jk-rowling-tweet-spreads-and-jk-compares-it-to-the-elders-of-zion.166878/page-3
Quote from: Eumi, post: 28583149, member: 30521
Could well be. Even if she wasn’t thinking about that when making the tweet it’s not like she’s going out of her way to correct the blatant transphobia she’s getting in reply, so she’s complicit either way.

I know if a whole bunch of bigots started using something I said to spread their hate, I’d probably want to say something about that.
Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 28583495, member: 330
Silence speaks volumes.

And like I said her reasoning for coming out of the dog-whistling and into out right naked bigotry was because she now believes trans folk and the government supporting us, are a threat to "real" women.

So going off about this is how totalitarianism  happens in this case. It's just an escalation.

It's all part of a  message to make trans rights out to be a threat.

Clearly this is all JK Rowling spends her time doing.  Have we checked into another recently-outed enemy of the people, Robert Downey Jr., yet?

He's got +20 immunity due to his affiliation with Disney and Mahvel for now.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2020, 05:10:52 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/iknownaama/status/1221239541983518720

The sheer fucking irony of this tweet is unfortunately lost on the brain-dead cunt who posted it and the fucking idiots who swallowed it.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »
Silence speaks volumes is pretty hilarious on the heels of the obvious discomfort when that one guy loudly disputed BronsonLee accusations or the blanket injunction of "please shut up and listen".
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2020, 05:22:17 PM »
Rowling herself for comparing people who fall for fake news (that's everyone, at some point) to unwitting collaborators of totalitarianism...

I think the point she was trying to make - on fucking twitter, jfc - isn't about people falling for fake news, but about the people who just stop caring about truth point blank and start believing in symbols, which is indeed one of the routes to totalitarianism and why you get those mythic imageries of dictators all over a dictatorship, to abstract away the actual truth of the man into the symbol of the regime

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #410 on: January 26, 2020, 05:22:49 PM »
Sorry mods. I will celebrate Bill Cosby's death when that thread gets posted here. If the site wants to chase me off after that moment, feel free

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-and-one-of-his-daughters-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/post-28583454

Sweeney again going for the most inappropriate comparison.

One of the most obnoxious posters on that forum.

which, you know, on that forum, with those posters... fucking ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #411 on: January 26, 2020, 05:23:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-and-daughter-gianna-bryant-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/post-28584196

Sucks when you think about all the teaching Kobe could have done, and the crazy shit Gianna would have done in high school, college, and beyond in women’s basketball.
               Is this closet racism?
              /
 :isthis
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:48:27 PM by Potato »
Spud

shosta

« Reply #412 on: January 26, 2020, 05:25:34 PM »
One facet of the man that would align to it from 2015 but appreciate the 20 responses aligning me otherwise.
...did she mean malign?
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #413 on: January 26, 2020, 05:26:12 PM »
kyuuji trying to assist excel in the bryant thread with harry potter shit.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #414 on: January 26, 2020, 05:26:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-and-daughter-gianna-bryant-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/page-46#post-28584294

And with that the Rowling thread and the Kobe thread combine.

I know we know how fucked up they are and the shit they pull. But holy christ the fuck is wrong with these people? :lol

I dunno what's going on in their shared discord but people recently dunking on them in different threads must be getting to them

They edited it now but how fucking dumb do you have to be

“Oh hey guys look I just randomly found out JK Rowling was one of his favourite people from a 2015 article, that seems like an apt thing to drop into the thread here that might not stoke things”

Come on dude.

"Everything is an attack on MEEEEEE"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »
Hey, while we have mods and admins like Hecht viewing the thread, can I get an explanation for why telling an openly gay poster to leave and eat a dick (EAD) isn't punished for being the blatant homophobia it is?

isn't that just telling an openly gay poster to go do something they enjoy as a hobby? :thinking

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2020, 05:30:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-kobe-bryant-and-daughter-gianna-bryant-dead-in-helicopter-crash-update-multiple-sources-confirming.166874/page-46#post-28584294

And with that the Rowling thread and the Kobe thread combine.

I know we know how fucked up they are and the shit they pull. But holy christ the fuck is wrong with these people? :lol

I dunno what's going on in their shared discord but people recently dunking on them in different threads must be getting to them

edited now, what did it used to say?
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #417 on: January 26, 2020, 05:31:28 PM »
Ok, what's this journo's Era handle

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1221555583515537409

But wait, there's more:

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1221556468081741825
https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1221560496949690369

I feel so bad for her- tweeting out a rape case allegation story, from THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO, on someone who just died, and getting shit on for it.  Boo-hoo.  :'(
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #418 on: January 26, 2020, 05:33:44 PM »
era shitting on sweeney swifts malignant narcissism gives me life

:rejoice
So why isnt this sweeney person banned yet? The person has done nothing but derail this thread with attention seeking bs.
(Image removed from quote.)
posting in a thread about the death of kobe bryant wondering if they can celebrate bill cosby's death on a gaming forum when it happens is truly bizarre shit
A bunch of innocent people are dead including 2 children in a horrific accident and you're making this thread about you. Fuck off you sociopath.

Oh and I have no issue shitting on celebrities that are rapists/abusers that died(I did it for XXXtentacion) but when the context is a bunch of innocent people just died with them including children? Keep your comments to your fucking self.
interesting how you want to ban others for not following rules while you break them yourself. Get help.
If this is acceptable posting in such a thread then this page is fucking ridiculous
Ignore that attention seeking poster. Report them for thread derailment and move on
So you post a clearly controversial statement in here and now are trying to get sympathy for being called out on it? Eesh. Take a few mins and try and analyze what actually happened and apply some critical thinking. And what does being openly gay have to do with it, I had no clue you were and it's irrelevant.
Yeah I just put him on my ignore list, total clown.
Yikes dude. Might as well just stop right now.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:39:13 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #419 on: January 26, 2020, 05:34:22 PM »
Ok, what's this journo's Era handle

But wait, there's more:

I feel so bad for her- tweeting out a rape case allegation story, from THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO, on someone who just died, and getting shit on for it.  Boo-hoo.  :'(
It's insanity. She didn't even bother to Tweet a 'RIP but' first but went straight in.
All while the emergency services are still working at the scene.  :doge
🤴