Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135949 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #47040 on: July 28, 2021, 11:15:55 PM »
why is everyone debating about Bill Cosby? the lawsuit says:
(Image removed from quote.)

It was just because of the portrait they got from a thirft store geez  :doge

Everyone in the Blizzard Cosby Gang group text said so on twitter in a
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:29:44 PM by remy »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #47041 on: July 28, 2021, 11:26:34 PM »
They could've also named it Bill Cosby's Pussy Grotto, after his role as a gynecologist in the Cosby Show.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47042 on: July 29, 2021, 01:47:36 AM »
A friend of mine has a framed photo of Kramer, I guess he must be a racist?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #47043 on: July 29, 2021, 01:51:32 AM »

Sorry you had to find out this way :(

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47044 on: July 29, 2021, 01:52:23 AM »
oof

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #47045 on: July 29, 2021, 01:52:37 AM »

Your "friend" huh.

History of history building up.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47046 on: July 29, 2021, 01:58:28 AM »
In one image procured by Kotaku, a group of women are sitting on a bed in the room with the Cosby portrait. One of the women appears to have a hand on another’s breast, which is cheered on by the men in the comments.

But they didn't post that picture because it didn't fit the narrative I guess

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #47047 on: July 29, 2021, 02:11:23 AM »

Not nessecarily but framing that kramer painting from seinfeld is corny

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47048 on: July 29, 2021, 02:14:04 AM »
It really is

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #47049 on: July 29, 2021, 06:14:01 AM »
My Argentinian uncle has a framed picture of hitler. I guess that makes him racist.
Oi Oi

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47050 on: July 29, 2021, 06:24:00 AM »
I would not call that an apolitical interest in the nazis.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #47052 on: July 29, 2021, 06:35:58 AM »
As usual Ree can't stop themselves from chatting shit -

I'm in the UK and even when I was at school in the late 90's early 00's as stupid kids we would make stupid jokes about Cosby and Jimmy Savile like they were the bogeymen. So if we were making bad/stupid jokes about it as kids back then it must have come from somewhere and been widely known as an open secret like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey where people hear things but no action/public outcry was ever taken at the time

Nobody gave a fuck about Cosby or Saville in the late 90s. The general public had no idea they were mass rapists. Yet, somehow Ree knew all about them and was making jokes in the playground.

:info

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47053 on: July 29, 2021, 07:29:53 AM »
Jim I'll Fix It ran from '75 to '94. The Cosby Show from 1984 to 1992. It could be possible considering European broadcasting was usually behind a year or 2 - 4 in those days and do a lot of re-runs of older TV show seasons to fill up their schedules.
Saville was always considered strange especially towards the end of his career. Times were different, they wouldn't shy away from footage of girls showering and boys pulling a prank on them. Naked kids up to a certain age or implied nudity on TV without it being sexualized wasn't such a big deal. That started to change over time.

With that said, Cosby wasn't seen as a weirdo like Saville. There was no way kids in the 90's would joke about him in that way.

Also, TV show popularity was different in those days. There was simply a commercial channel that aired 'family friendly entertainment' and everyone would just consume it.
Tuesday was Cosby I think and sunday afternoon was always Star Trek followed by Full House and everyone watched it because there wasn't much else on.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:35:16 AM by Nintex »
🤴

SmokyDave

« Reply #47054 on: July 29, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »
Desmond's was better than The Cosby Show. I said it, I meant it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47055 on: July 29, 2021, 07:53:08 AM »
I don't really remember much about those type of 'comedy' shows like Full House and Cosby. They mostly didn't have any remarkable or memorable moments outside of the intro theme.
The characters always did the same things. The 'silly dad', the 'rebel daughter', etc.

Some other 90's/00's TV content like movies, crime shows and cartoons I can remember quite well.
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47057 on: July 29, 2021, 08:25:31 AM »
I remember seinfeld

and I remember home improvement
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47058 on: July 29, 2021, 08:27:05 AM »
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1420717245945286656

Ass covering 101

Schreier must be fucking seething. Now he's going to have to make another tweet claiming his deep state sources told him about this years ago, but he didn't report it because....reasons.

holy shit
 :whoo :whew :lucas
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47059 on: July 29, 2021, 08:39:14 AM »
Jason works for Bloomberg and uses a free gmail.com email address for his 'investigations'.
An email service known for its security issues and lack of recovery options?

:gurl

top of the page antifa

[close]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 08:47:23 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47060 on: July 29, 2021, 09:16:47 AM »
snoopy is schrider?

Also, what the fuck at the "Best," sign off?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47061 on: July 29, 2021, 09:30:34 AM »
he's not wishing him the best, he's literally saying I am the best jason
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47062 on: July 29, 2021, 09:32:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/diablo-4-will-you-still-support-it-after-the-latest-blizzard-controversy.463983/#post-70387971

We don’t allow these kind of ‘will you still support x’ poll threads

Great poll results.
Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47063 on: July 29, 2021, 09:37:02 AM »

Ass covering 101

Why is Schreier even mad. The only reason someone would make that assumption is because his first instinct was to claim that he already knew

Kurt Russell

« Reply #47064 on: July 29, 2021, 09:39:03 AM »

Ass covering 101

Lol "Gamergate cretins". Schreier is the video games journalism equivalent of those Japanese guys living in the jungle still fighting the war.
woke

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47065 on: July 29, 2021, 09:39:54 AM »
Who buys prebuilt PCs in 2021 :crowdlaff

Only because I didn't get a Steamdeck preorder in early enough for it to be Q4 21 :snob

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #47066 on: July 29, 2021, 09:41:21 AM »
RE: Savile, there were whispers about him being a paedo going back to the 70's up until he died, I suppose the media didn't consider the likes of Johnny Rotten and David Icke credible sources though. I think the only time it was addressed in the mainstream before it all came out after he died, at least by Savile, was the first Louis Theroux doc.
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47067 on: July 29, 2021, 09:42:54 AM »
As usual Ree can't stop themselves from chatting shit -

I'm in the UK and even when I was at school in the late 90's early 00's as stupid kids we would make stupid jokes about Cosby and Jimmy Savile like they were the bogeymen. So if we were making bad/stupid jokes about it as kids back then it must have come from somewhere and been widely known as an open secret like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey where people hear things but no action/public outcry was ever taken at the time

Nobody gave a fuck about Cosby or Saville in the late 90s. The general public had no idea they were mass rapists. Yet, somehow Ree knew all about them and was making jokes in the playground.

:info

Era posters always knew there was something up with someone retroactively, but never do anything to stop further victims.
20-20 hindsight is their superpower, along with being able to determine blood alcohol levels through posts and victims based on gender / skin colour

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47068 on: July 29, 2021, 09:46:09 AM »

Ass covering 101

Why is Schreier even mad. The only reason someone would make that assumption is because his first instinct was to claim that he already knew

Maybe he wanted to get into the parties.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47069 on: July 29, 2021, 09:50:35 AM »
RE: Savile, there were whispers about him being a paedo going back to the 70's up until he died, I suppose the media didn't consider the likes of Johnny Rotten and David Icke credible sources though. I think the only time it was addressed in the mainstream before it all came out after he died, at least by Savile, was the first Louis Theroux doc.

Louis Theroux just thought he was a weirdo, so it was totally inline with his other docs hanging out with other C-list eccentric Brit celebrity weirdos like the Hamiltons, Chrith Eubank, Paul Daniels, Max Clifford, and Anne Widdicomb. He probably would have done less of a hatchet job to MJ than Martin Bashir did too.

His second documentary about Saville made it clear he just thought he was a weirdo, not a serial molesting pedophiliac necrophile, and he had trouble reconciling the man he met with the monster he actually was.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #47070 on: July 29, 2021, 10:02:20 AM »

Louis Theroux just thought he was a weirdo, so it was totally inline with his other docs hanging out with other C-list eccentric Brit celebrity weirdos like the Hamiltons, Chrith Eubank, Paul Daniels, Max Clifford, and Anne Widdicomb. He probably would have done less of a hatchet job to MJ than Martin Bashir did too.

His second documentary about Saville made it clear he just thought he was a weirdo, not a serial molesting pedophiliac necrophile, and he had trouble reconciling the man he met with the monster he actually was.

They briefly addressed the rumours, he said he hates kids or some shit, but yeah the second one he's open about how he got sucked in by savile.
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47071 on: July 29, 2021, 10:05:02 AM »
I was getting information from my mom (about the neighbors). Maybe when she talked to the neighbors they came to the conclusion that animal control just seized the bird without telling them? Or something? But yeah, so here's apparently what happened:

1. First Animal Control call happened
2. I text my neighbors asking if their bird is for sale. They say no.
3. I tell my ex-friend that they said no. She then reveals to me that she called AC the week prior.
4. In order to get me to calm down, she lies and said that all they did was discreetly check the windows of each house or something. In reality they had a thorough interview with my neighbors and etc. etc.
5. My ex-friend apologizes for calling Animal Control. I, like a dumbass, was naive and believed her because she sounded sincerely apologetic.
6. My friend and I have a joint bday party. She initially wasn't going to come, but she decided to "stop by." Apparently this is when she stole stole the bird. I thought that she just used "stopping by" as an excuse to LOOK at the birds (but actually even then, she said that her boyfriend was in the hospital so she had to leave and I believed her). Stupid ass me.

Also the friend who gave me this information strongly hinted that she would secretly stop by and check on the birds. I'm SURE she did. And also, even if she didn't come to the party, she apparently was planning to steal them on 4th of July.

Then I guess afterwards she just continued calling Animal Control or whatever in order to cover her ass.

The past couple of weeks this ex-friend/crazy thief tried convincing me via Instagram DM that she didn't have anything to do with the disappearance of the bird.

I'm going to have severe trouble brushing off any "hints" of potentially troubling behavior from now on.

:crazy

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47072 on: July 29, 2021, 10:10:18 AM »
Quote from: Reasonable Man standing In Front Of A Mob
I agree its shady but Olivia herself says she didnt know about Cosby in 2014, hell I dont remember if I did back then too.

Remember real life is not like the Matrix where your brain is just hijacked with info. Stories become known at their own pace, just look at how many people on ERA were not aware of the Insomniac stuff eventhough the thread is a year old.

Irregardless, it seems pretty fucking clear that room was NOT a safe place if you were a woman and people were clearly going there because there might be some action. If you didnt know about it the first year then you clearly knew the following, nevermind all Leads HAD to be aware of what a scumbag Afrasiabi is and they still associated with him.
It just needs 1 person to have the knowledge and explain to his friends why they should name it the Cosby suite. All "in the know" would get the reference while all visitors would get a whacky explanation. This shit is basic entrapment and grooming 101.
This is also a "safety-net" for proper behavior when in proximity to people they don't know.
- Going with them to meeting room 3, or Hotel Room 208? ---> normal professional conduct is expected.
- Going with them to the Cosby suite? ---> IT'S PARTY TIME!

Why are you studying grooming and entrapment 101? :thinking

Raist

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47074 on: July 29, 2021, 10:29:32 AM »
I was getting information from my mom (about the neighbors). Maybe when she talked to the neighbors they came to the conclusion that animal control just seized the bird without telling them? Or something? But yeah, so here's apparently what happened:

3. I tell my ex-friend that they said no. She then reveals to me that she called AC the week prior.
4. In order to get me to calm down, she lies and said that all they did was discreetly check the windows of each house or something. In reality they had a thorough interview with my neighbors and etc. etc.
5. My ex-friend apologizes for calling Animal Control. I, like a dumbass, was naive and believed her because she sounded sincerely apologetic.
6. My friend and I have a joint bday party. She initially wasn't going to come, but she decided to "stop by." Apparently this is when she stole stole the bird. I thought that she just used "stopping by" as an excuse to LOOK at the birds (but actually even then, she said that her boyfriend was in the hospital so she had to leave and I believed her). Stupid ass me.

Also the friend who gave me this information strongly hinted that she would secretly stop by and check on the birds. I'm SURE she did. And also, even if she didn't come to the party, she apparently was planning to steal them on 4th of July.

Then I guess afterwards she just continued calling Animal Control or whatever in order to cover her ass.

The past couple of weeks this ex-friend/crazy thief tried convincing me via Instagram DM that she didn't have anything to do with the disappearance of the bird.

I'm going to have severe trouble brushing off any "hints" of potentially troubling behavior from now on.

I can't believe his mom allowed this to happen.
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #47075 on: July 29, 2021, 10:35:40 AM »
calling animal control on someones girlfriend is pretty mean tbh :rodney
(ice)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #47076 on: July 29, 2021, 10:54:28 AM »

But he did confirm he got his b-day party!

Was it a sleepover, we need the deets.

sigh

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #47077 on: July 29, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »

Ass covering 101

How dare you gamergate cretin, go off the words he himself said, and use it to make accusations of him saying the very words he said.

Mostima

« Reply #47078 on: July 29, 2021, 11:04:11 AM »
Is there even anything bad you can say about "gaming journalists" without being labeled a gamergater?

https://twitter.com/girlfromcanada/status/1420731260373278723

SmokyDave

« Reply #47079 on: July 29, 2021, 11:10:57 AM »
The entirety of ‘Gamergate’ for me was people suggesting maybe the always belligerent Leigh Alexander shouldn’t call them cunts. Everything else has just been vague accusations of ‘mobs’ doing ‘things’. That was 6-7 years ago.

Still, it seems to have been a defining conflict in the lives of many, many people so I’m sure it was actually Very Important.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #47080 on: July 29, 2021, 11:11:33 AM »
It sure is a convenient way to shield themselves from any and all criticism no matter how minor or major! :rollsafe
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47081 on: July 29, 2021, 11:37:14 AM »
Gamergate was perpetuated by people within our own government  :info
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

Mostima

« Reply #47083 on: July 29, 2021, 11:43:38 AM »
Does he actually expect people to believe that literally thousands of people from "gamergate" shared the idea amongst themselves that Jason was covering up the rape accusations, but somehow not mention this anywhere online publicly?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47084 on: July 29, 2021, 11:57:20 AM »
I went to take a look on these horrible gamergate websites to see where they were all gathering and conspiring to brigade jason

they weren't

but I did find this chestnut

Uncle

Averon

« Reply #47085 on: July 29, 2021, 12:00:40 PM »
Gamergate is 7 years(!!!) old at this point. That they still are chewing at that bone after all this time is sad and pathetic.

Raist

« Reply #47086 on: July 29, 2021, 12:00:53 PM »
Cecilia should unionize.

SmokyDave

« Reply #47087 on: July 29, 2021, 12:07:05 PM »
Why do games journalists bang on like they're drilling foundations for oil rigs or welding in a Bangladesh shipyard?

Your job is easy as fuck in the bigger picture. You ain't brave, and you ain't in any trenches doing the dirt. Shut the fuck up and get back to tippety-tapping on a macbook in a cafe, furiously picking apart disposable entertainment and pretending you're part of the zeitgeist. Fuck's sake.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47088 on: July 29, 2021, 12:15:39 PM »
Gamergate is 7 years(!!!) old at this point. That they still are chewing at that bone after all this time is sad and pathetic.

I always imagine it in context of lasting significant events from the past

how long does it take a nation to digest kennedy or nixon or clinton, or a particularly devastating hurricane or tornado

and here we are 7 years later still blaming current events on a boogeyman that accomplished nothing even in its prime, and remains debatable the extent that it ever existed in earnest, or whether it was just a massive joke to everyone who claimed to be part of it

these people scream gamergate like the right screams antifa

Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47089 on: July 29, 2021, 12:21:47 PM »
And it all could have been avoided if some nerd had just got over the fact that his nerd girlfriend stepped out on him.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47090 on: July 29, 2021, 12:36:55 PM »
Since when do "journalists" ignore news tip offs because they don't like the person making the tip off?

Its not like that was even fucking Gawker policy, or do we pretend they were big fans of Bubba The Love Sponge and that dude who was trying to blackmail unouted gay businessmen?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47091 on: July 29, 2021, 12:37:35 PM »
Pretty sure a lot of people weren't fans of how Snowden did what he did, but they didn't put their fingers in their ears and go "lalala vile bad actors"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47092 on: July 29, 2021, 12:43:56 PM »
And it all could have been avoided if some nerd had just got over the fact that his nerd girlfriend stepped out on him.

It's not like there weren't questions about the integrity of games journalists prior to zoe quinn cucking some 4Channer either, whether it was Rab Florence getting fired from Eurogamer or that dude from the LA Times revealing the $350 Halo swagbag including cat helmets the people throwing 10/10s at Halo 3 never mentioned, GTAIVs entire review process being done over 24 hours in a cushy paid for luxury hotel, or even Driv3rgate back in the day.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra

NekoFever

« Reply #47095 on: July 29, 2021, 12:59:40 PM »

It's not like there weren't questions about the integrity of games journalists prior to zoe quinn cucking some 4Channer either, whether it was Rab Florence getting fired from Eurogamer or that dude from the LA Times revealing the $350 Halo swagbag including cat helmets the people throwing 10/10s at Halo 3 never mentioned, GTAIVs entire review process being done over 24 hours in a cushy paid for luxury hotel, or even Driv3rgate back in the day.

I was working on a games magazine with one of the people named in that Florence article when it was published, and it was panic stations in the office when it started blowing up and people were suggesting that the behaviour was inappropriate because everyone was doing that shit  :lol

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #47096 on: July 29, 2021, 01:02:36 PM »
Why do games journalists bang on like they're drilling foundations for oil rigs or welding in a Bangladesh shipyard?

Your job is easy as fuck in the bigger picture. You ain't brave, and you ain't in any trenches doing the dirt. Shut the fuck up and get back to tippety-tapping on a macbook in a cafe, furiously picking apart disposable entertainment and pretending you're part of the zeitgeist. Fuck's sake.

There are a relative handful of journalists who do real and ballsy shit, war reporters, people report what dictators and authoritarians don't want reporting etc.

Jason Scheierer isn't one of them, unless Bobby Kotick really wants to whip his ass at the next E3 or some shit :trumps
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47097 on: July 29, 2021, 01:08:39 PM »
Since when do "journalists" ignore news tip offs because they don't like the person making the tip off?

that's literally how it works these days

if the messenger is evil or suspected disingenuous, you can discard whatever they say, no matter how truthful
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47098 on: July 29, 2021, 01:11:39 PM »
You just have to accept that this site is infested with communists, anti-institutionalists, and accelerationists. Most people don't follow or understand politics so it only takes a few people with bad faith posts to influence the direction a thread takes.

And yes, the mods are questionable. I still remember one of them saying that the election of Trump would be better than the Hilldog because Trump would be less of a warmonger.

In short, its crazy. I almost wonder if this is an FBI honeypot for leftists. lol.

:dead

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47099 on: July 29, 2021, 01:13:23 PM »

I was working on a games magazine with one of the people named in that Florence article when it was published, and it was panic stations in the office when it started blowing up and people were suggesting that the behaviour was inappropriate because everyone was doing that shit  :lol

Which is kinda sorta fine when you know you're a glorified buyers guide and you're gamefanning that everything is awesome look at all these screenshots, 7 out of 10 just for showing up.

But when you're "new games journalisming" and you're basically writing a fucking blog about how thing affects you and how that makes you feel and maybe if the people who made this weren't all cishetwhitemen people would take you more seriously as the art critic you think you are, you don't get to also fawn over your 6 foot snorlax love pillow or what the fuck ever.

Like, Pauline Kael never proudly swiped a lifesize Darth Vader mannequin for her girlcave + insta brags