Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3164512 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #20580 on: July 06, 2020, 11:34:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-367#post-38952328
Quote from: RecLib
Yeah. The toxicity around the last of us is honestly part of what makes it heard to talk about, because my stance on a major part of the game that hurt me is, largely, the same thing a lot of the shit heads are hating on but for completely different reasons.

A number of you all took the time to encourage me to post, which I appreciate, I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to type so I'm just going to spoiler code the whole thing:

SPOILER: ENTIRE GAME SPOILERS FOR THE LAST OF US 1, I ALSO TALK A LITTLE ABOUT THE LAST OF US 1
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was actually pretty young when I first played the last of us. I remember playing the DLC where it confirms she was a lesbian, something I was already a little hopeful for with her final conversation in the base game, the way she talked about Riley and her "being all poetic and losing our minds together" or whatever. Anyway, it meant the world to me at the time to see someone like myself in a video game like that. This big budget AAA game from a studio I loved. Even if it was just a DLC add-on. I had never seen someone like myself represented in a game, and certainly not as a primary character.

So then they announce the Last of Us 2, and they announce that Ellie is going to be the protagonist. Four years ago. And young gay me is so happy. I already loved Ellie, I was a huge fan of Naughty Dog between uncharted 1/2 an the last of us. And here they were announcing the first AAA game ever made to have a lesbian protagonist. It was going to be the first full AAA game where I could play through it as someone like me, and it was coming out from a studio I knew I loved.

So I spent 4 years thrilled about this. I was so happy knowing this game was coming. When I got my hands on it and Ellie being a Lesbian was immediately a like... real factor in the plot that informed who she was, her relationship with people in the town, etc. I continued to be really happy. They didn't just make a game with Ellie where we knew she was gay but it never really came up, it was a real core part of who she is. You can read her journal entries where she talks about Dina asking if she is going to the dance, and Ellie is freaking out about how Dina touches her arm when she asked, clearly into Ellie but Ellie is going "She's like that with everyone, Don't fuck up your friendship." Which I think is an extremely relatable experience to a lot of young lesbians like myself. In general, as the game went on I saw a lot of myself in Ellie, and for sure some of that was projecting I'd been looking forward to this game with a lesbian protagonist for 4 years, I was bound to look for the things I can relate to. But yeah, Ellie felt a lot like me, including her faults, in a way that was really making this game a super special experience for me, even during non story scenes I was juts happy being her. Her relationship with Dina is really sweet too, and honestly I think one of the best handled lesbian relationships in any media I've personally seen. I'm even okay with how their relationship ended, it felt very real and earned by the characters involved.

And then you clear Seattle Day 3. And suddenly I'm playing as this fucking straight girl. And it goes on and you realize with a sinking kind of feeling "this is the rest of the fucking game, its not just going to be a cutaway like the brief Ellie section in TLOU1. I realize that Naughty Dog intentionally spent 4 years deceiving me into thinking I was getting the first game where I could play through as someone like myself, them knowing the whole time you were actually going to spend half the game as Abby. They could have marketed the game honestly. "You are going to spend half the game as Ellie and half the game as this new character you will meet during the events of the game". Would have not spoiled the plot, but would have reasonably tempered my expectations instead of lying to me.
And like of course right? Of course the first game to feature a lesbian protagonist would have her secretly lose half the game to a straight protagonist. That shouldn't even be a surprise, its just fucking typical of the way gays are exploited by companies. Queerbaiting. But I let myself believe in naughty dog, and it honestly broke my fucking heart. Which sounds melodramatic or whatever, but I'm sitting her getting emotional typing this all out again weeks after the game came out. Abby get's the back half of the game too, which means she mostly gets the climaxes. You DO go back to ellie for the last tiny stretch of the game, but the big exciting scenes like the burning scar Island, the big Rat King fight, all that shit is abby stuff.

Like I've said in the spoiler thread, games don't exist in a bubble. Taking completely onto itself with no outside context there is nothing wrong with spending half of the game as Abby. The storyline they want to tell is good, TLOU2 is a great game. But the game doesn't exist in a bubble, it exists in a world where there isn't a single other AAA game with a lesbian protagonist, and they intentionally spent 4 years deceiving people into thinking this one would be that game.
[close]
Quote from: Jaded Photographer
I'm sorry you got hurt like this and I hope they do right by you in the next game...as long as they're 100% transparent about it and it's 100% Ellie's game because she does deserve it.

:dizzy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20581 on: July 06, 2020, 11:39:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-367#post-38954566

Quote from: Godfather
I have a confession about my initial reaction to Abby, because

I did a pretty good job at keeping myself in the dark about the game, aside from hearing there was a trans character. When I saw adult Abby, I thought she was the trans character, but that also didn't make any sense to me because she seemed TOO feminine, and I seriously doubted hormone therapy would have been available post-apocalypse. Even more confused when you get child Abby who who was also presenting as female. Then you meet Lev, and I felt like a gigantic asshole for just fucking assuming a buff woman must be the trans character. I was still loving her character, trans or not, but I clearly need to be better in some ways.

:reeeee

Felt like I needed to say something about it so I can hold myself accountable.

:lol
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #20582 on: July 06, 2020, 11:47:17 AM »
Holy shit, that's gonna be a ban for sure.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20583 on: July 06, 2020, 11:49:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/halle-berry-says-she-might-play-a-trans-man-in-a-movie-repeatedly-refers-to-the-character-as-a-woman-and-calls-the-potential-film-a-womans-story.242368/

Oh hey, a pretty high profile movie star wants to highlight trans issues and struggles and is personally invested in bringing a movie about them to the mainstream, that must be pretty good news right? Like when Tom Hanks did Philadelphia?

:teehee

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #20584 on: July 06, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »
That entire forum's population needs to be put on trains. See other parts of America, experience how other people live. Visit some camps.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #20585 on: July 06, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »
That entire forum's population needs to be put on trains. See other parts of America, experience how other people live. Visit some camps.

ah the typical Holocaust joke. Nice..  :brain

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #20586 on: July 06, 2020, 12:22:51 PM »

ah the typical Holocaust joke. Nice..  :brain

Who the fuck needs death camps for these lunatics? I'm talking about a regular old summer camp, they'll provide the rest:

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #20587 on: July 06, 2020, 12:27:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-367#post-38952328
Quote from: RecLib
Yeah. The toxicity around the last of us is honestly part of what makes it heard to talk about, because my stance on a major part of the game that hurt me is, largely, the same thing a lot of the shit heads are hating on but for completely different reasons.

A number of you all took the time to encourage me to post, which I appreciate, I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to type so I'm just going to spoiler code the whole thing:

SPOILER: ENTIRE GAME SPOILERS FOR THE LAST OF US 1, I ALSO TALK A LITTLE ABOUT THE LAST OF US 1
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was actually pretty young when I first played the last of us. I remember playing the DLC where it confirms she was a lesbian, something I was already a little hopeful for with her final conversation in the base game, the way she talked about Riley and her "being all poetic and losing our minds together" or whatever. Anyway, it meant the world to me at the time to see someone like myself in a video game like that. This big budget AAA game from a studio I loved. Even if it was just a DLC add-on. I had never seen someone like myself represented in a game, and certainly not as a primary character.

So then they announce the Last of Us 2, and they announce that Ellie is going to be the protagonist. Four years ago. And young gay me is so happy. I already loved Ellie, I was a huge fan of Naughty Dog between uncharted 1/2 an the last of us. And here they were announcing the first AAA game ever made to have a lesbian protagonist. It was going to be the first full AAA game where I could play through it as someone like me, and it was coming out from a studio I knew I loved.

So I spent 4 years thrilled about this. I was so happy knowing this game was coming. When I got my hands on it and Ellie being a Lesbian was immediately a like... real factor in the plot that informed who she was, her relationship with people in the town, etc. I continued to be really happy. They didn't just make a game with Ellie where we knew she was gay but it never really came up, it was a real core part of who she is. You can read her journal entries where she talks about Dina asking if she is going to the dance, and Ellie is freaking out about how Dina touches her arm when she asked, clearly into Ellie but Ellie is going "She's like that with everyone, Don't fuck up your friendship." Which I think is an extremely relatable experience to a lot of young lesbians like myself. In general, as the game went on I saw a lot of myself in Ellie, and for sure some of that was projecting I'd been looking forward to this game with a lesbian protagonist for 4 years, I was bound to look for the things I can relate to. But yeah, Ellie felt a lot like me, including her faults, in a way that was really making this game a super special experience for me, even during non story scenes I was juts happy being her. Her relationship with Dina is really sweet too, and honestly I think one of the best handled lesbian relationships in any media I've personally seen. I'm even okay with how their relationship ended, it felt very real and earned by the characters involved.

And then you clear Seattle Day 3. And suddenly I'm playing as this fucking straight girl. And it goes on and you realize with a sinking kind of feeling "this is the rest of the fucking game, its not just going to be a cutaway like the brief Ellie section in TLOU1. I realize that Naughty Dog intentionally spent 4 years deceiving me into thinking I was getting the first game where I could play through as someone like myself, them knowing the whole time you were actually going to spend half the game as Abby. They could have marketed the game honestly. "You are going to spend half the game as Ellie and half the game as this new character you will meet during the events of the game". Would have not spoiled the plot, but would have reasonably tempered my expectations instead of lying to me.
And like of course right? Of course the first game to feature a lesbian protagonist would have her secretly lose half the game to a straight protagonist. That shouldn't even be a surprise, its just fucking typical of the way gays are exploited by companies. Queerbaiting. But I let myself believe in naughty dog, and it honestly broke my fucking heart. Which sounds melodramatic or whatever, but I'm sitting her getting emotional typing this all out again weeks after the game came out. Abby get's the back half of the game too, which means she mostly gets the climaxes. You DO go back to ellie for the last tiny stretch of the game, but the big exciting scenes like the burning scar Island, the big Rat King fight, all that shit is abby stuff.

Like I've said in the spoiler thread, games don't exist in a bubble. Taking completely onto itself with no outside context there is nothing wrong with spending half of the game as Abby. The storyline they want to tell is good, TLOU2 is a great game. But the game doesn't exist in a bubble, it exists in a world where there isn't a single other AAA game with a lesbian protagonist, and they intentionally spent 4 years deceiving people into thinking this one would be that game.
[close]
Quote from: Jaded Photographer
I'm sorry you got hurt like this and I hope they do right by you in the next game...as long as they're 100% transparent about it and it's 100% Ellie's game because she does deserve it.

:dizzy
And then in the opening of LoU3, Druckmann has Ellie eaten alive by a pack of wolves.  :doge

BisMarckie

Clockwork5

« Reply #20589 on: July 06, 2020, 12:51:59 PM »

I'm probably being too generous, but perhaps the movie opens with the character being pre-transition and they use she/her in the opening? Unlikely I know, just tired of everyone being shit :/

Lol, 1 month ban. That will give you time to think about your “generosity”.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/halle-berry-says-she-might-play-a-trans-man-in-a-movie-repeatedly-refers-to-the-character-as-a-woman-and-calls-the-potential-film-a-womans-story.242368/#post-38957374

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #20590 on: July 06, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »

I'm probably being too generous, but perhaps the movie opens with the character being pre-transition and they use she/her in the opening? Unlikely I know, just tired of everyone being shit :/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/halle-berry-says-she-might-play-a-trans-man-in-a-movie-repeatedly-refers-to-the-character-as-a-woman-and-calls-the-potential-film-a-womans-story.242368/#post-38957374

How is that even ‘dismissing concerns’? If anything it’s agreeing with concerns.

I guess ERA Clear refers to how you have to be in your support when you approve of outrage there.  >:(

Leadbelly

« Reply #20591 on: July 06, 2020, 12:59:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-367#post-38954566

I have a confession about my initial reaction to Abby, because

I did a pretty good job at keeping myself in the dark about the game, aside from hearing there was a trans character. When I saw adult Abby, I thought she was the trans character, but that also didn't make any sense to me because she seemed TOO feminine, and I seriously doubted hormone therapy would have been available post-apocalypse. Even more confused when you get child Abby who who was also presenting as female. Then you meet Lev, and I felt like a gigantic asshole for just fucking assuming a buff woman must be the trans character. I was still loving her character, trans or not, but I clearly need to be better in some ways.

:reeeee

Felt like I needed to say something about it so I can hold myself accountable.

:lol

This post makes me laugh because he is unintentionally stepping on land mines left right and centre in attempt to appear super self-conscious and super critical of himself in introspection.

He basically said that Abby is 'too feminine' to be trans. That's how he realised she wasn't trans. The implication being that trans women aren't really women. If Abby was trans, he would expect Abby to act more like a man than a woman.

The funny thing though is, it's an impossible game to win. He could then self-flagellate himself for assuming Abby was female because she seemed very feminine. Of course a trans person can't be too feminine, because trans women ARE women.

But hold on a minute, are you saying there is some essential difference between men and women? Are you assuming that because Abby appears 'feminine' to you, she must be a woman? lol

It's an impossible game to win.

Mochilador

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20594 on: July 06, 2020, 01:10:04 PM »
only penis owners can pee standing up?

talk about gender conformity and keeping the patriarchy alive.  :hmph
🤴

Hermit

« Reply #20596 on: July 06, 2020, 01:16:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nail-polish-is-fun-give-it-a-shot.242476/

Finale Fireworker
My toes are done right now. It's pretty cool to be honest.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #20597 on: July 06, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »
lol at Finale Firework still getting the sexual harassment pass.

BisMarckie

« Reply #20598 on: July 06, 2020, 01:19:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nail-polish-is-fun-give-it-a-shot.242476/

Finale Fireworker
My toes are done right now. It's pretty cool to be honest.

That‘s why the ChiComs will eat America alive.

BikeJesus

« Reply #20599 on: July 06, 2020, 01:28:08 PM »

Gee, why don't more people post in these types of threads? I guess we will never know. Dude has been on the site from day 1 and has 24,000 posts, but no, he cannot be reasoned with and must take a 1 month time-out to reflect on this grave injustice.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20600 on: July 06, 2020, 01:32:53 PM »
the actual reason for their ban is they got in an argument with former mod, secret discord details leaker and ketkat fucker robin

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20601 on: July 06, 2020, 01:36:58 PM »
Why would anyone be against free speech? Free speech doesn't mean speech without backlash or consequences.

Clockwork5

« Reply #20602 on: July 06, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »

Okay the ensuing back and forth is pretty entertaining.
Quote from: Robin
Then why the fuck did she call him an it? Or never use he period? Ask yourself why you're giving them the benefit of the doubt for a change.

Quote from: servebot
I did right in the post you quoted. Don’t accuse me of transphobia please, it makes for an extremely toxic environment. I just wanted to be optimistic for once in what feels like forever.

You need to seriously reassess your post, what value is it bringing to this thread, what is it saying?

You can't just pepper language of doubt into your message to make it more acceptable, and you aren't bringing optimism into a thread by telling transpeople that they are wrong and should shut up.

My first reply to this was going to be "I'm sorry for using strong language" because my nature is to give people the benefit of the doubt too, but honestly, no. Shut up and listen.

Did servebot shut up and listen?
Lol, No. He threatens to report Robin. :picard
Quote from: servebot
I'm not reporting this since I'm not a snitch but the hostility and gaslighting is completely uncalled for.

That's the end of this tangent. I won't be involved in a distraction from the important topic.

ResetEra Admin chimes in and is like, it’s cool bro.
Quote from: Sophia
It's okay to want to be optimistic, but misplaced optimism can be more harmful than good. There are many red flags with Halle's comment that make it clear that she herself doesn't understand the issue or understand how she's being transphobic, even if her intent wasn't to be.

Back comes Robin  :lol
So you're going to sow seeds of doubt as to if something is incredibly transphobic or not, call me hostile for replying, then accuse me of gaslighting? What am I gaslighting you about? Please go back to the source of this conversation and understand that your original post is unproductive and hurtful and why transpeople don't feel welcome here. You're pushing me out of the thread now. I am allowed to speak on this matter without being pushed out by you.

You say you want to end this tangent so that you won't create a distraction but you're highlighting a very real and important problem we've been talking about for threads upon threads here, and it should be discussed.

Then you know who has to chime in for some brownie points.
Quote from: messofanegg
The gall you have to accuse a trans member of hostility and gaslighting (aka tone policing) when they bring up how unhelpful your initial post was for giving Halle Berry the benefit of the doubt and then threatening to report them

Poor Servebot. Sophia said “just be chill” and he did; he never came back but then a couple prominent members got their shots in and he got banned for a month.
:point

Hermit

« Reply #20603 on: July 06, 2020, 01:43:37 PM »
lmao and servbot has a history of being an ally and against all the hatred

seeing the people he tries to side with attack him is great

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20604 on: July 06, 2020, 01:44:24 PM »
For people so touchy about pronouns, you'd figure they'd know how to use them in a sentence.
The "it" used is referring to the subject of the clause (the story) with the predicate being that "it" (the story) is first female, then male.

Shuri

« Reply #20605 on: July 06, 2020, 01:50:41 PM »
Era admins trying so hard to overcompensate for being exposed as total pretenders when it comes to supporting minorities and lgbtq+ posters.

It happens everytimes they get called out. For the next couple of weeks they are gonna serve hard bans then they will stop caring again

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #20606 on: July 06, 2020, 01:52:27 PM »
For people so touchy about pronouns, you'd figure they'd know how to use them in a sentence.
The "it" used is referring to the subject of the clause (the story) with the predicate being that "it" (the story) is first female, then male.

A transmale is story is always a male story.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20607 on: July 06, 2020, 01:53:19 PM »
Incelchief made the topic, so it is - as usual - deliberately misleading and obnoxious.

In this sentence, I am referring to the noun "the topic" which is ungendered in english as 'it'.
And even though the adjectival phrase "deliberately misleading and obnoxious" also applies to the creator of the topic (incelchief), I am not calling incelchief 'it'.

BisMarckie

« Reply #20608 on: July 06, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »
As a fat fuck, I never liked over muscular anyone in games. Still, they exist and are not less of what they identify as. I would die for being squeezed by Chun Li's thighs though
:woooo

User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate commentary

Clockwork5

« Reply #20609 on: July 06, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »
The verbiage of “pushing me out of the topic” is so absurd. You came at him, hard, over a fairly neutral statement and when he said “please don’t call me transphobic” you got real nasty. Tell me again why he is pushing you out of the conversation?

Things going alright at home or has KetKat been snooping through your diary again?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20610 on: July 06, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »
Gun violence is a legitimate issue in many parts of the country, but the framing of this thread is not conducive to conversation.

Hmmmmmmm?
What is it about these shootings in particular, or the way the topic is framed that makes the subject unsuitable for discussion?

Rman

« Reply #20611 on: July 06, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »
All Excel does is post outrage styled topics.  Day in and day out.  I really don't get that.

Hermit

« Reply #20612 on: July 06, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »
All Excel does is post outrage styled topics.  Day in and day out.  I really don't get that.
Being miserable day in and day out does that to a person

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20613 on: July 06, 2020, 02:23:08 PM »
To be clear, we're simply not gonna be allowing/hosting these polls anymore.

« Reply #20614 on: July 06, 2020, 03:02:13 PM »
User Banned (Permanent): Drive-By Trolling in a Sensitive Thread; Long History of Dismissive Behavior and Patterm of Misogynistic Posts
These last batch of posts regarding polls...am I still on planet Earth?

That answer your question?

That's another long time member that's been around since 2008.  Not many of those left in the community.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20615 on: July 06, 2020, 03:06:55 PM »
User Banned (Permanent): Drive-By Trolling in a Sensitive Thread; Long History of Dismissive Behavior and Patterm of Misogynistic Posts
These last batch of posts regarding polls...am I still on planet Earth?

That answer your question?

That's another long time member that's been around since 2008.  Not many of those left in the community.
Can we reach out and provide a save haven for our long lost brother?  :fbm
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #20616 on: July 06, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/penis-owners-do-you-pee-sitting-down-or-standing-up.242326/

These mad-men persons did it and changed the thread title :rejoice

Finally people can be recognized as penis owner. Human dignity restored.

paprikastaude

« Reply #20617 on: July 06, 2020, 03:39:22 PM »
Damn so they finally caught on that polls expose the outrage police as a vocal minority.

Polls banned on a discussion forum :neogaf

ShutUp

« Reply #20618 on: July 06, 2020, 04:01:16 PM »
Era admins trying so hard to overcompensate for being exposed as total pretenders when it comes to supporting minorities and lgbtq+ posters.

It happens everytimes they get called out. For the next couple of weeks they are gonna serve hard bans then they will stop caring again

A sane message board with sane mods would've been fed up with the batshit insane posters constantly wanting to be catered to and just banned the insane posters. Board instantly becomes bearable again.

ShutUp

« Reply #20619 on: July 06, 2020, 04:03:12 PM »
To be clear, we're simply not gonna be allowing/hosting these polls anymore.

:lol cue those threads just being quiet as a graveyard then. Next up: "mods need to seek out problematic posters and demand they post in these threads OR ELSE!!!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20620 on: July 06, 2020, 04:24:15 PM »
The staff need to be able to see what threads and posters someone is ignoring before I can be safe and not pushed out of threads.

BisMarckie

« Reply #20621 on: July 06, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »
before I can be safe and not pushed out of threads.

FACT CHECK
If you want to try and make predictions on the future you should be a historian not a political science guy.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20622 on: July 06, 2020, 04:32:01 PM »
Ignoring my history degrees is going to get you put in The Box™ if you keep it up mister.

BisMarckie

« Reply #20623 on: July 06, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »
Ignoring my history degrees is going to get you put in The Box™ if you keep it up mister.

Penis owner :wag

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #20624 on: July 06, 2020, 05:20:44 PM »
Found benji's secret twatter account   :drudge

https://twitter.com/Ad_Inifinitum
hey

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20625 on: July 06, 2020, 05:26:16 PM »
I expected this update to notify me that she got her job back or another offer since white people (especially the racist ones) always, without fail, fail upwards.

:dunno

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20626 on: July 06, 2020, 05:28:02 PM »
But has she apologized to the NB people she tarred as GamerGate adjacent?

Because it seems to me like you can’t exactly champion Trans rights on one hand, and throw NB’s (and trans people who called it out) under the bus in another.

Would like to see some clarification on the subject, tbh.

Also pretty sus using "boogaloo", a well known alt-right white supremacist codephrase, how sure are we about this "lindsay" character anyway?
:thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20628 on: July 06, 2020, 06:23:49 PM »
evilore right there trying to slide into his DMs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20629 on: July 06, 2020, 06:26:23 PM »
also can't help but notice the official twitter account has been silent since january, is it really just inmates running the asylum now?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #20630 on: July 06, 2020, 06:29:41 PM »
Dude is double canceled now for allowing his many thousands of followers the opportunity to “brigade” resetera twitter, or whatever the fuck dumb twitter terminology applies.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #20631 on: July 06, 2020, 06:34:40 PM »
also can't help but notice the official twitter account has been silent since january, is it really just inmates running the asylum now?

Let's be fair, a forum having a Twitter account is fucking dumb.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20632 on: July 06, 2020, 06:35:31 PM »
Dude is double canceled now for allowing his many thousands of followers the opportunity to “brigade” resetera twitter, or whatever the fuck dumb twitter terminology applies.
From what I understand Joe is pretty pissed, he talked about it on his live stream and he's going to do a news episode on this controversy.

ResetEra started this fight, Joe will end it  :lol
🤴

Rman

« Reply #20633 on: July 06, 2020, 06:36:08 PM »
Damn so they finally caught on that polls expose the outrage police as a vocal minority.

Polls banned on a discussion forum :neogaf
Are they really banned lol.

BisMarckie

« Reply #20634 on: July 06, 2020, 06:39:16 PM »
Angry Joe manages to come across as an extremely thin-skinned loser.
Who gives a shit?  Don‘t even acknowledge it breh.   ::)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #20635 on: July 06, 2020, 06:40:48 PM »
From what I understand Joe is pretty pissed, he talked about it on his live stream and he's going to do a news episode on this controversy.

Not t to go all ERA on you but Angry Joe has 3m+ subscribers and his latest videos get from 200k+ to 2m+ views, I think he's actually gonna signal boost RE more than anything, all in all.
:yeshrug
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20636 on: July 06, 2020, 06:45:20 PM »

Let's be fair, a forum having a Twitter account is fucking dumb.

I dunno, it fits with the sort of UGC news aggregation, dev interviews and commentary gaming industry hub that was obviously some sort of roadmap for what they wanted to be at the start, before the stalinists, trans activists and black segregationists who despise the gaming side of things took over anyway

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #20637 on: July 06, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »
That RE is more eager to cancel people than those they're defending is hilarious

« Reply #20638 on: July 06, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »

Not t to go all ERA on you but Angry Joe has 3m+ subscribers and his latest videos get from 200k+ to 2m+ views, I think he's actually gonna signal boost RE more than anything, all in all.
:yeshrug

This is true, but he can also make them an even bigger pariah than they already were depending on how this all goes down. 

Prior to this, Quartering was the biggest vocal anti-Era person and he's already a pariah.  Yeah, there are people like Pewdiepie and Jontron that celebrated Gaf's demise, but they mostly ignores the place. 

Joe on the other hand is actually pretty well-connected, and not just among other content creators.  More people might sign up, but you're also gonna see A LOT more harassment directed at the staff and users, presumably without many coming to their defense. 

Averon

« Reply #20639 on: July 06, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »
Ehhh...Joe whining about his ban on ERA just proves them right about him having an immature, manchild mentality. Who gives a shit if your are banned on ERA? Congrats, you join the massive list of other people who are mostly sensible that were banned. Just laugh about it and keep on moving.