Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106050 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #50160 on: September 14, 2021, 12:55:09 PM »
Why did no one let me know we were discussing dating younger women I have thoughts on the subject

:fbm
:O

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #50161 on: September 14, 2021, 01:54:01 PM »
Why did no one let me know we were discussing dating younger women I have thoughts on the subject
And the court said you're not allowed to share them online.

Shuri

« Reply #50162 on: September 14, 2021, 03:24:24 PM »
Glad to see Resetera were always big Norm fans, from his death thread.

:doge https://www.resetera.com/threads/norm-macdonald-sticks-foot-in-mouth-during-interview-with-thr.67837/

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #50163 on: September 14, 2021, 03:43:27 PM »
A mod really posting Absu in here?

Knew we’d get some kind of spicy Morrigan drama in this thread and this should kick it off.

Apparently Absu kicked out their guitarist after she came out as transgender.

So far she is ignoring the call out for recommending a transphobic band.  Prolly her best move, let’s see what happens

« Reply #50164 on: September 14, 2021, 03:43:53 PM »
norm Thread already derailed by the usual suspects.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #50165 on: September 14, 2021, 04:05:04 PM »
They better leave Norm the fuck alone those fucking freaks.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50166 on: September 14, 2021, 04:19:47 PM »

Knew we’d get some kind of spicy Morrigan drama in this thread and this should kick it off.

So far she is ignoring the call out for recommending a transphobic band.  Prolly her best move, let’s see what happens
Morricunt's list is basically picking songs from the most inaccessible albums from each band in a thread that's meant to be about introducing people to metal.
Spud

« Reply #50167 on: September 14, 2021, 04:20:06 PM »
I looked at the wrong thread. The thread about his death is still holding up. Let's see for how long.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #50168 on: September 14, 2021, 04:23:25 PM »
“I’ve never seen a movie before, where should I start.”

“Salo.”
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #50169 on: September 14, 2021, 04:39:08 PM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:46:57 PM by Jansen »

BikeJesus

« Reply #50170 on: September 14, 2021, 04:44:38 PM »
Nearly 450 posts and no mention of him being a Trumper? I saw two posts that mention his 'shitty politics' in between outpourings of love. Bunch of hypocrites they are. As usual.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #50172 on: September 14, 2021, 04:49:28 PM »
Nearly 450 posts and no mention of him being a Trumper? I saw two posts that mention his 'shitty politics' in between outpourings of love. Bunch of hypocrites they are. As usual.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2018/9/12/17850248/norm-macdonald-hollywood-reporter-metoo-donald-trump-roseanne-barr-louis-ck

I wonder if anyone has referred to that interview yet

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50173 on: September 14, 2021, 04:52:44 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2018/9/12/17850248/norm-macdonald-hollywood-reporter-metoo-donald-trump-roseanne-barr-louis-ck

I wonder if anyone has referred to that interview yet
BURN VOX TO THE FUCKING GROUND TO HONOR NORM
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #50174 on: September 14, 2021, 05:04:39 PM »
User Warned: Inappropriate Comparison of Mental Health Issues

Of course not. And I would consider myself sick or with some psychological problem if I could.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #50175 on: September 14, 2021, 05:06:44 PM »
User Warned: Inappropriate Comparison of Mental Health Issues

Of course not. And I would consider myself sick or with some psychological problem if I could.

I can, do, and largely agree :trumps

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50176 on: September 14, 2021, 05:09:09 PM »

he wasn't a trumper was he?  I thought he was as much a trumper as dave chapelle, meaning he kind of shrugged and said eh let's see how good a president he is, and then never spoke of it again
Uncle

Tuckers Law

« Reply #50177 on: September 14, 2021, 05:15:35 PM »

Morricunt's list is basically picking songs from the most inaccessible albums from each band in a thread that's meant to be about introducing people to metal.

That seems on-brand for metal heads, really.  I remember maybe five or six years ago asking a metalhead employee on suggestions for good more current stuff to get back into metal, my reference being that I started with Metallica and preferred the more harmonized and melodic side of metal, having mostly lost interest and falling off post-Pantera.  His recommendation: Decrepit Birth.  I think he was serious, but it may have been trolling.

Still, metalheads have always been idiots.  I’m sure I was insufferable during my brief tenure as one in high school.

james

« Reply #50179 on: September 14, 2021, 05:24:59 PM »
is Norm the van by the river guy? Thought it was a one-note sketch. SNL stopped being food when Jimmy Fallon left that man knows comedy

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50180 on: September 14, 2021, 05:32:38 PM »

he wasn't a trumper was he?  I thought he was as much a trumper as dave chapelle, meaning he kind of shrugged and said eh let's see how good a president he is, and then never spoke of it again
Norm liked him because he was funny. He said: Trump is a great comedian but bad for comedy.
Mostly because he felt Trump was a better comedian than those that tried to make fun of him.
Norm wasn't a Trump supporter but he didn't hate him either. He felt the anti-Trump sentiment was overblown overall and made fun of that.

On the flip side he didn't like Hillary at all, he called her the most corrupt person to ever be in the White House and likened her to Nixon in a serious interview with David Letterman.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #50181 on: September 14, 2021, 05:42:17 PM »
Might as well give it a shot.

https://twitter.com/Neoxon619/status/1437798972366721034

Nearly every reply is a bannable/actionable offense.  Wow twitter is a cesspool.  Let's promise to never leave this place again.

FUME5

« Reply #50182 on: September 14, 2021, 07:26:02 PM »
Mans 26 going on 40 with that megamind dome.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50183 on: September 14, 2021, 09:05:30 PM »

That seems on-brand for metal heads, really.  I remember maybe five or six years ago asking a metalhead employee on suggestions for good more current stuff to get back into metal, my reference being that I started with Metallica and preferred the more harmonized and melodic side of metal, having mostly lost interest and falling off post-Pantera.  His recommendation: Decrepit Birth.  I think he was serious, but it may have been trolling.

Still, metalheads have always been idiots.  I’m sure I was insufferable during my brief tenure as one in high school.
I'm still proudly a metalhead but have to agree with you on much of the online scene, as evidenced by Morrigan. However, were not all like that and there are definitely outposts where elitism and stupid egotistical behaviours get the  :gurl .

Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #50184 on: September 14, 2021, 09:10:33 PM »
Mans 26 going on 40 with that megamind dome.
fuckin' bald piece of shit  :neogaf

Drainage

« Reply #50185 on: September 14, 2021, 09:20:19 PM »
Guy doesn’t want to talk to the police? How incredibly suspicious, he must not post on Reee

https://www.resetera.com/threads/van-life-vlogger-gabby-petito-missing-after-cross-country-trip-with-boyfriend.486376/

Quote from: Slayven
So the last person she was seen with is not missing but isn't talking? I am sorry for her family, cause that never ends well

can't imagine a scenario where a response like that is justified if he didn't do something awful.

The boyfriend flew back to Florida and got a lawyer but didn't report her missing to the police and is refusing to speak to journalists. It doesn't look good.

I didn’t go past the first and last 10 replies but it appears to be 10 pages of straight:

All the what ifs and excuses to not talk to the police is lame af

Off topic....who is busy watching this stuff? What is the appeal

For personal reasons (partially my autism)

:gamergate

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #50186 on: September 14, 2021, 10:16:24 PM »

Norm liked him because he was funny. He said: Trump is a great comedian but bad for comedy.
Mostly because he felt Trump was a better comedian than those that tried to make fun of him.
Norm wasn't a Trump supporter but he didn't hate him either. He felt the anti-Trump sentiment was overblown overall and made fun of that.

On the flip side he didn't like Hillary at all, he called her the most corrupt person to ever be in the White House and likened her to Nixon in a serious interview with David Letterman.

https://vocaroo.com/12y7XmUHu1Wl

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50187 on: September 14, 2021, 10:56:55 PM »

if era had their way, no one would be able to make jokes about violating unconscious women and still be employable

these posters need to be banned for boys' club rhetoric immediately
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50189 on: September 15, 2021, 12:21:47 AM »
Might as well give it a shot.

https://twitter.com/Neoxon619/status/1437798972366721034
Lists himself as a "diversity analyst" on Resetera, but doesn't mention anything like that on his Twitter profile.

Lol.
Spud

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #50190 on: September 15, 2021, 12:26:15 AM »
Free minded opinions are scary

https://www.resetera.com/threads/switching-back-and-forth-between-gaming-reddit-and-resetera-is-giving-me-whiplash.486631/

you can still see some sad stuff, like people dream rosters for figthing games without a single woman or POC.
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50191 on: September 15, 2021, 01:04:19 AM »
Free minded opinions are scary

https://www.resetera.com/threads/switching-back-and-forth-between-gaming-reddit-and-resetera-is-giving-me-whiplash.486631/

you can still see some sad stuff, like people dream rosters for figthing games without a single woman or POC.
Reeeeesetera: "It's sad that more games don't give me the option to beat up women and people of colour."

Normal people:  :crazy
Spud

Jansen

« Reply #50192 on: September 15, 2021, 01:08:35 AM »
Guy doesn’t want to talk to the police? How incredibly suspicious, he must not post on Reee

https://www.resetera.com/threads/van-life-vlogger-gabby-petito-missing-after-cross-country-trip-with-boyfriend.486376/

So the last person she was seen with is not missing but isn't talking? I am sorry for her family, cause that never ends well

can't imagine a scenario where a response like that is justified if he didn't do something awful.

The boyfriend flew back to Florida and got a lawyer but didn't report her missing to the police and is refusing to speak to journalists. It doesn't look good.

I didn’t go past the first and last 10 replies but it appears to be 10 pages of straight:

All the what ifs and excuses to not talk to the police is lame af

Off topic....who is busy watching this stuff? What is the appeal

For personal reasons (partially my autism)

:gamergate

dude is clearly guilty. That girl is dead

Tuckers Law

« Reply #50193 on: September 15, 2021, 01:21:10 AM »

I'm still proudly a metalhead but have to agree with you on much of the online scene, as evidenced by Morrigan. However, were not all like that and there are definitely outposts where elitism and stupid egotistical behaviours get the  :gurl .

Yeah I should have specified I don’t think all are idiots, just that there are some really annoying standouts and it makes a lot of sense to me that Morrigan is of that ilk.  Eventually another coworker of mine that is way into the heaviest, growliest indecipherable type of shit was still able to make me some really solid recommendations that I enjoyed.

/carepost

Jansen

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Kurt Russell

« Reply #50197 on: September 15, 2021, 03:48:18 AM »

Weird, because I thought that acab.. Given that, why would anyone want to speak to them?
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50198 on: September 15, 2021, 03:57:49 AM »
Van life sounds like some serial killer shit
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #50199 on: September 15, 2021, 04:15:21 AM »
Had they taped it, there'd finally be some vlog content I'd be willing to watch. Losing out on that sweet youtube ad revenue, my man.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #50200 on: September 15, 2021, 05:15:47 AM »

This fucking bullshit. They just had this thread this PAST weekend, and immediately they all forgot it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lawyer-and-cop-never-talk-to-the-police-acab.485008/#post-73145968

Hell, someone brings it up in the thread and they just steamroll right past it. SO apparently, they believe never talk to the police but also agree it makes you guilty as hell too. Explains alot of their moderation 'policies'.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #50201 on: September 15, 2021, 05:34:36 AM »
Today Ree is talking about Reddit -

Besides the general bigotry, big reddit subs are filled with posters who think they're funnier than they are and every popular post's top comments are either tired copypastas or "witty" low effort comments that are clearly begging for upvotes.

benjipwns

« Reply #50202 on: September 15, 2021, 06:06:14 AM »
Banned (duration: 1 month): Perpetuating racist and harmful stereotypes about Black masculinity.

So the rumors are true? Black cock is bigger than white cock?
:yikes

Propagandhim

« Reply #50203 on: September 15, 2021, 06:09:32 AM »
That poster has 1 month to sit in a corner and think about the societal implications of his black cock rooster pun.   :wag

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50204 on: September 15, 2021, 06:11:44 AM »
Banned (duration: 1 month): Perpetuating racist and harmful stereotypes about Black masculinity.

You just know a white mod handed that ban out.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50205 on: September 15, 2021, 06:45:21 AM »
Quote from: CoconutTiger
Quote from: SolidSnakeUS
https://twitter.com/dieter/status/1437853853664231427
I don't know, this seems kiiiinda racist to me...

Quote from: CoconutTiger
Quote from: Cheesebu
In what way?

Quote from: ZeoVGM
Explain how.

Well the reactions from the guys could be an indication.

1. I'm side eyeing every white person obsessed with the OJ Simpson case. To call Norm obsessed would be an understatement.
2. Letting members of the black community suffer because one black dude got away with it just rubs me the wrong way. "Oh black basketball dude, gotta taint his achievement with mentioning murder guy black basketball dude".
3. Norm, a racist-person-defender and metoo-"critizicer" doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #50206 on: September 15, 2021, 08:10:29 AM »
Had they taped it, there'd finally be some vlog content I'd be willing to watch. Losing out on that sweet youtube ad revenue, my man.
Probably get demonetized anyway.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #50207 on: September 15, 2021, 08:19:08 AM »
Basketball?  :lol

Snoopycat_

« Reply #50208 on: September 15, 2021, 08:26:31 AM »
The site has its problems. Any place that tries to bring tens of thousands of people together is going to have problems. It’s exhausting trying to fix them and can still make using this website difficult or upsetting sometimes.

But as I have always said, I would take the absolute worst day here over a normal day anywhere else. Folks who say it’s no better here than the regular internet forget what the regular internet is like. It is fucking awful. Awful. People have different personal thresholds for how much they can stand, and people who are the subject of certain rhetoric are naturally going to be more upset than someone with the luxury of ignoring it, but the internet at large is so heinously, sickeningly bad for such a spectrum of reasons that I will always take this place with its own issues than anywhere else. At least this place tries, however imperfectly.

People have become forgetful in the comfort of this place and their private Discords. They forget what it’s like out there. I still use the internet at large, I contend with it still and suffer it for what it is, but if I want to talk about something I really care about there’s only one place I’ll post and that’s here.

You have to wonder what sites these people are visiting that causes them this much trauma

https://www.resetera.com/threads/switching-back-and-forth-between-gaming-reddit-and-resetera-is-giving-me-whiplash.486631/page-2

SmokyDave

« Reply #50209 on: September 15, 2021, 08:45:22 AM »
You have to wonder what sites these people are visiting that causes them this much trauma
They're just fucking feeble. They co-opt the language of struggle to describe reading opinions that they don't agree with. Then they talk about being 'exhausted'. It's fucking pathetic. It's why I've stopped listening to left-leaning podcasts. I get it, you're tired, you just can't, blah blah blah. Fucking losers.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #50210 on: September 15, 2021, 09:10:26 AM »
The way they describe the internet I wonder if they spend their days searching for horrific gore and extremist madman sites. The worst thing I’ve seen this year was someone who called Nina Kraviz a drunk Ukrainian housewife.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #50211 on: September 15, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
The way they describe the internet I wonder if they spend their days searching for horrific gore and extremist madman sites. The worst thing I’ve seen this year was someone who called Nina Kraviz a drunk Ukrainian housewife.
Come to the bad vibes thread.  :doge

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #50212 on: September 15, 2021, 10:06:49 AM »
I really wonder where they even spend their time. When you look at subs like /r games or /r gaming, which have tons more members than RE, there's really nothing bad going on. Maybe if you really search deep in the comments but then that's usually also a back and forth between two people. There's way more toxic shit going on on Resetera with all ban baiting and disingenuous arguments

« Reply #50213 on: September 15, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »
They are gluttons for punishment. They are always bitching about YouTube recommendations of evil alt right content when getting rid of it is the easiest thing ever. They love having  something to cry about on their dumb forum.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:24:32 AM by ldcommando (notthegafone) »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #50214 on: September 15, 2021, 10:17:59 AM »
They forget what it’s like out there. I still use the internet at large, I contend with it still and suffer it for what it is

:society
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50215 on: September 15, 2021, 10:42:58 AM »
Basketball?  :lol

I feel like that's more racist than anything norm could've said or implied

assuming that Famous Sports Black Man must definitely be a basketball player  :doge
Uncle

james

« Reply #50216 on: September 15, 2021, 10:57:08 AM »

You just know a white mod handed that ban out.

As a white male with a deeply average cock, living in a majority black city, this stereotype is very hurtful so it's a good ban

Propagandhim

« Reply #50217 on: September 15, 2021, 11:05:13 AM »
People forget what the internet is like outside of TheBore.  Everyone's got a huge cock out there to make us feel like shit.  But not here, we're safe here.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50218 on: September 15, 2021, 11:05:15 AM »
I really wonder where they even spend their time. When you look at subs like /r games or /r gaming, which have tons more members than RE, there's really nothing bad going on. Maybe if you really search deep in the comments but then that's usually also a back and forth between two people. There's way more toxic shit going on on Resetera with all ban baiting and disingenuous arguments

that's the thing too, half the time those two people have an angry argument and it peters out and affects nothing other than making them both look silly

on era the mods instantly take an approved side and ban one of the two instead of just letting them piss on each other until they run out of piss
:piss :piss2
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #50219 on: September 15, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »
Planetsmasher pretending again that he has any clue about comedy

I'm actually surprised, because while I've always known Norm is a complicated dude who's definitely not squeaky-clean, I have not been getting the usual Twitter "actually here's the real soup" responses on him that I usually get from my connections in the comedy biz.

Twitter's algorithm pisses me off sometimes.
By "connections" he means he follows them on twitter

And yes, blame the algorithm, that's the only explanation