Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106340 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #50220 on: September 15, 2021, 12:01:57 PM »
Guy doesn’t want to talk to the police? How incredibly suspicious, he must not post on Reee

https://www.resetera.com/threads/van-life-vlogger-gabby-petito-missing-after-cross-country-trip-with-boyfriend.486376/

This fucking bullshit. They just had this thread this PAST weekend, and immediately they all forgot it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lawyer-and-cop-never-talk-to-the-police-acab.485008/#post-73145968

Hell, someone brings it up in the thread and they just steamroll right past it. SO apparently, they believe never talk to the police but also agree it makes you guilty as hell too. Explains alot of their moderation 'policies'.

Era constantly remind us what kind of fucked up dystopian hellscape they'd run if they ever had actual civic authority.
  • All accusations are prima facie evidence of wrongdoing
  • remaining silent or getting a lawyer is prima facie evidence of guilt
  • Mob justice is generally the best solution

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #50221 on: September 15, 2021, 12:03:38 PM »

Quote from: CoconutTiger
Quote from: Cheesebu
In what way?

Quote from: ZeoVGM
Explain how.

Well the reactions from the guys could be an indication.

1. I'm side eyeing every white person obsessed with the OJ Simpson case. To call Norm obsessed would be an understatement.
2. Letting members of the black community suffer because one black dude got away with it just rubs me the wrong way. "Oh black basketball dude, gotta taint his achievement with mentioning murder guy black basketball dude".
3. Norm, a racist-person-defender and metoo-"critizicer" doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe norm should have done more marvel shit while dying of cancer to get that era pass; noone ever gonna say shit about chadwick boseman

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #50222 on: September 15, 2021, 12:05:47 PM »
Playing Internet detective never gets old, so that's mostly it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #50223 on: September 15, 2021, 12:24:52 PM »
I hope his tombstone reads:  Norm, a racist-person-defender
©@©™

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #50224 on: September 15, 2021, 12:32:42 PM »
Banned (duration: 1 month): Perpetuating racist and harmful stereotypes about Black masculinity.

So the rumors are true? Black cock is bigger than white cock?
:yikes
You just know a white mod handed that ban out.

As a white male with a deeply average cock, living in a majority black city, this stereotype is very hurtful so it's a good ban

I see. That context provides a lot of insight with your oft-mentioned obsessions with smaller pussy.
 :woken :taylor

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #50225 on: September 15, 2021, 02:02:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/norm-macdonald-dies-at-61.486448/page-14#post-73419505
The stories I've read from so many female comics yesterday and today are gut wrenching. Fuck.

Strange how none of these stories came out during the intense scrutiny and backlash against him for his comments about Louie C.K during the height of #metoo. They all seem to be from highly Liberal female comedians too, on whom Norm made no private his own feelings.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #50226 on: September 15, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »
I'm actually surprised, because while I've always known Norm is a complicated dude who's definitely not squeaky-clean, I have not been getting the usual Twitter "actually here's the real soup" responses on him that I usually get from my connections in the comedy biz.

Twitter's algorithm pisses me off sometimes.

ten years of professional comedy training and not only are you still less funny than the cancer that killed norm, you also have zero networking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #50227 on: September 15, 2021, 02:16:07 PM »
Dude seems pretty monstrous, it's wild how much you can get away with being funny/a celebrity and how people twist their minds to not let it bother them.

stay classy redmercrummy

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #50228 on: September 15, 2021, 02:17:17 PM »
ugh. getting unreasonably angry at era posters in that fucking norm thread  :maf

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #50229 on: September 15, 2021, 02:18:45 PM »
People legit trying to get mad at norm. 

Pretty funny.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50230 on: September 15, 2021, 02:28:08 PM »
everyone trying to dunk on Norm when they don't even know the kind of personal trauma he faced

the several years of his childhood he just doesn't remember, after that fateful night with Old Jack  :'(
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
OBE

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50232 on: September 15, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »
Not sure if I'm allowed to say he's kinda reaching here, as a non-Asian person but...the MCU is filled with tropes. Tropes about New York, tropes about Norse mythology, tropes about the military. To me it didn't seem like Shang-Chi used more hurtful Chinese or Asian American caricatures, than the MCU used other caricatures. Is it worse now, because it is about Asian Americans?

uh oh

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #50233 on: September 15, 2021, 02:57:59 PM »
I wonder how many people are going to be hit with "dismissing racism" bans. Because it's Marvel and Asian stereotypes, I'm going to guess none.
OBE

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #50234 on: September 15, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »
I wonder how many people are going to be hit with "dismissing racism" bans. Because it's Marvel and Asian stereotypes, I'm going to guess none.
Also Klepek in that thread, makes it extra tricky.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #50235 on: September 15, 2021, 03:37:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/norm-macdonald-dies-at-61.486448/post-73416856
"You watch TV and every joke kills. It's like you're insane or something," he told me. He had a mental list of responses to jokes that weren't laughs, a kind of litany of human dishonesty. He disliked it when people said a joke "works on so many levels." He felt the same way about "I see what you did there," and those exclamations that fill the place where a joke should be: words like "touché!" and "awkward!" He hated the rimshot noise. He hated it when people said "that's funny" instead of laughing. "There should be a different word for a joke that people laugh at," he told me. "There should be a higher one."

That's got to cut deep into Era's known Punch Down "comic experts." 
sigh

Vertigo

« Reply #50236 on: September 15, 2021, 03:48:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jennifer-scheurle-chair-of-igda-women-in-games-sig-accused-of-grooming-and-abuse.486892/#post-73440871

Quote from: Nida, post: 73436134, member: 59669
Oh wow... I almost went to a wrestling show with her just prior to the pandemic but it got canceled.

She was doing a lot in Seattle during the George Floyd stuff.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50237 on: September 15, 2021, 03:48:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/norm-macdonald-dies-at-61.486448/post-73416856
"You watch TV and every joke kills. It's like you're insane or something," he told me. He had a mental list of responses to jokes that weren't laughs, a kind of litany of human dishonesty. He disliked it when people said a joke "works on so many levels." He felt the same way about "I see what you did there," and those exclamations that fill the place where a joke should be: words like "touché!" and "awkward!" He hated the rimshot noise. He hated it when people said "that's funny" instead of laughing. "There should be a different word for a joke that people laugh at," he told me. "There should be a higher one."

That's got to cut deep into Era's known Punch Down "comic experts." 
bazinga

Jansen

« Reply #50238 on: September 15, 2021, 03:53:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/norm-macdonald-dies-at-61.486448/page-15#post-73432249

Quote from: Something Creative, post: 73432249, member: 626

[URL unfurl="true"][/URL]

This is from 2018. And he's being sincere. Seems like Trump, who he's always had affection for, going up against Hillary Clinton, who he's always reviled, likely pulled him in one direction and made him more vocal in complimenting and defending Trump. Not to mention Norma being witness to liberal media and comedians dragging Trump relentlessly obviously irritated him a lot.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #50239 on: September 15, 2021, 04:00:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jennifer-scheurle-chair-of-igda-women-in-games-sig-accused-of-grooming-and-abuse.486892/#post-73440871

Oh wow... I almost went to a wrestling show with her just prior to the pandemic but it got canceled.

woke

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #50240 on: September 15, 2021, 04:00:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/norm-macdonald-dies-at-61.486448/page-15#post-73432249

Quote from: Something Creative, post: 73432249, member: 626

[URL unfurl="true"][/URL]

This is from 2018. And he's being sincere. Seems like Trump, who he's always had affection for, going up against Hillary Clinton, who he's always reviled, likely pulled him in one direction and made him more vocal in complimenting and defending Trump. Not to mention Norma being witness to liberal media and comedians dragging Trump relentlessly obviously irritated him a lot.

Basically, he didn't bother watching the clip.
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #50241 on: September 15, 2021, 04:11:01 PM »
He probably watched it and concluded that since Norm didn't find the SNL Trump impression funny, he must have supported Trump as a political candidate. I'm not surprised they're unable to separate the two.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #50242 on: September 15, 2021, 04:12:53 PM »
©@©™

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50243 on: September 15, 2021, 04:20:08 PM »
Looks like another opportunity for the usual suspects to say they've "known about it for years" but never reported it.
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #50244 on: September 15, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »
Asexual grooming  :notlikethis
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #50245 on: September 15, 2021, 04:39:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/someone-stole-my-new-bike-what-are-my-options.485923/page-4#post-73349464

User banned (1 week): Antagonizing another member over multiple posts, false equivalence about gendered slurs
Quote from: nekkid
Also cut it out with the gendered slurs. Makes you look like a trashy, misogynistic piece of shit.
I mean, it works both ways, and it isn’t particularly hard to find you doing the same in other comments. So maybe ease off the criticism of using that word a touch.

e.g.
We both have wives who are stern and masculine so I doubt she would take any shit from him. I shouldn't wonder if he's a dick to her, it would only be my business if it was true and I doubt it tbh.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/someone-stole-my-new-bike-what-are-my-options.485923/page-5#post-73356907

User banned (duration tbd by admin review): Hostility, calling another member a slur despite a previous ban for the same, and dismissing concerns of misogyny
Quote from: RolandOfGilead
    Lmao, Jesus Christ. I honestly don’t think you actually believe the bullshit you’re typing so you can keep it to yourself and stop pretending to be offended.

I hope you can get over whatever I said in the past that bothered you, because you’ve already admitted that those words aren’t the cause.

I adore how I’m “losing the argument” because I quoted the dictionary. Good lord lmao, fucking clown.
Someone's got to do it and I'm not that bothered about being banned.

Stop being such a cunt.
OBE

Vertigo

« Reply #50246 on: September 15, 2021, 04:45:30 PM »
Looks like another opportunity for the usual suspects to say they've "known about it for years" but never reported it.

That thread has not surprisingly barely made it past 1 page.

Reeee doesn't know how to react to threads like this involving toxic women. So it will quietly drop off the front page.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by Vertigo »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50247 on: September 15, 2021, 04:46:13 PM »
Stop being such a cunt.

How to fix Reeeeesetera in a nutshell.
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #50248 on: September 15, 2021, 04:46:14 PM »
Guy doesn’t want to talk to the police? How incredibly suspicious, he must not post on Reee

https://www.resetera.com/threads/van-life-vlogger-gabby-petito-missing-after-cross-country-trip-with-boyfriend.486376/

Quote from: Slayven
So the last person she was seen with is not missing but isn't talking? I am sorry for her family, cause that never ends well

can't imagine a scenario where a response like that is justified if he didn't do something awful.

The boyfriend flew back to Florida and got a lawyer but didn't report her missing to the police and is refusing to speak to journalists. It doesn't look good.

I didn’t go past the first and last 10 replies but it appears to be 10 pages of straight:

All the what ifs and excuses to not talk to the police is lame af

Off topic....who is busy watching this stuff? What is the appeal

For personal reasons (partially my autism)

:gamergate

“If they did nothing wrong, why not talk to the cops?”

Really? RESETERA of all places suddenly thinks this? So much for ACAB, I guess.

Boredfrom

« Reply #50249 on: September 15, 2021, 04:48:06 PM »
Quote from: SolidSnakeUS
https://twitter.com/dieter/status/1437853853664231427
I don't know, this seems kiiiinda racist to me...

In what way?

Quote from: ZeoVGM
Explain how.

Well the reactions from the guys could be an indication.

1. I'm side eyeing every white person obsessed with the OJ Simpson case. To call Norm obsessed would be an understatement.
2. Letting members of the black community suffer because one black dude got away with it just rubs me the wrong way. "Oh black basketball dude, gotta taint his achievement with mentioning murder guy black basketball dude".
3. Norm, a racist-person-defender and metoo-"critizicer" doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Some months ago they had a thread were they claimed that a lot of black people felt empowered by OJ verdict while trying to justify that sentiment in a gross way that sounded like this posters were still pretty okay about it. Of course they went silent in the next OJ thread because Cosby acquittal happened in between. They have no moral high ground to bitch about opinions on high profile cases were race is involved.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #50250 on: September 15, 2021, 04:49:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/NinNons/status/1438210260364193794

So basically she's just an asshole?

Last year she falsely accused people during the BLM protests. So yeah, pretty much.

ShutUp

« Reply #50251 on: September 15, 2021, 04:50:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/someone-stole-my-new-bike-what-are-my-options.485923/page-4#post-73349464

User banned (1 week): Antagonizing another member over multiple posts, false equivalence about gendered slurs
Also cut it out with the gendered slurs. Makes you look like a trashy, misogynistic piece of shit.
I mean, it works both ways, and it isn’t particularly hard to find you doing the same in other comments. So maybe ease off the criticism of using that word a touch.

e.g.
We both have wives who are stern and masculine so I doubt she would take any shit from him. I shouldn't wonder if he's a dick to her, it would only be my business if it was true and I doubt it tbh.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/someone-stole-my-new-bike-what-are-my-options.485923/page-5#post-73356907

User banned (duration tbd by admin review): Hostility, calling another member a slur despite a previous ban for the same, and dismissing concerns of misogyny
    Lmao, Jesus Christ. I honestly don’t think you actually believe the bullshit you’re typing so you can keep it to yourself and stop pretending to be offended.

I hope you can get over whatever I said in the past that bothered you, because you’ve already admitted that those words aren’t the cause.

I adore how I’m “losing the argument” because I quoted the dictionary. Good lord lmao, fucking clown.

Stop being such a cunt.

So, the one that starts it and calls someone a piece of shit gets a warning but calling this asshole out for it…gets a ban.  :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #50252 on: September 15, 2021, 06:17:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/NinNons/status/1438210260364193794

So basically she's just an asshole?

Last year she falsely accused people during the BLM protests. So yeah, pretty much.

Feels like most of the indie community are a  bunch of assholes. Are the guys from Newgrounds the only Indies that are not openly toxic with each other and fans  (outside of Game Grumps).

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #50253 on: September 15, 2021, 06:30:31 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50254 on: September 15, 2021, 06:33:13 PM »
They're all very thin skinned.

Indie development used to be two guys hanging out in their garage or college dorm coding video games about shooting demons, listening to music and making dick jokes.
Now it's all gone to shit with pretentious artsy nonsense, non-binary drivel and whatever else was clickbait on Kotaku.

Not to mention 99% of those so called 'developers' never managed to complete a single commercial product.

Make a good video game first and shut the fuck up until you do. :rage
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50255 on: September 15, 2021, 06:36:08 PM »

e.g.

Stop being such a cunt.

So, the one that starts it and calls someone a piece of shit gets a warning but calling this asshole out for it…gets a ban.  :lol
Sounds about white
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #50256 on: September 15, 2021, 06:42:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/music-artist-nicki-minaj-claims-covid-vaccine-inflames-testicles-sterilizes-man.486076/page-5#post-73318900

User Banned (2 Weeks): Misogynistic Commentary
Quote from: Banderdash
That someone as nasty as Nikki Minaj doesn't know what an STI looks like is pretty surprising to me... not gonna lie
OBE

Drainage

« Reply #50257 on: September 15, 2021, 06:48:28 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

In retrospect a woman pulling receipts is likely her actual worst nightmare

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50258 on: September 15, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »

Indie development used to be two guys hanging out in their garage or college dorm coding video games about shooting demons, listening to music and making dick jokes.
Now it's all gone to shit with pretentious artsy nonsense, non-binary drivel and whatever else was clickbait on Kotaku.

Not to mention 99% of those so called 'developers' never managed to complete a single commercial product.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46842.0
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #50259 on: September 15, 2021, 07:04:35 PM »
Asexual grooming  :notlikethis

We used to groom our dog every month

:fbm
:O

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #50261 on: September 15, 2021, 07:35:31 PM »

This has always been the case.

There was never a mythical past of only good games. Or a mythical past of good indie games outweighing the drivel. Go look at a list of say, DOS games, or Apple II games. It's mountains of garbage. Most of it indie.

Danielle Bunten Berry created M.U.L.E. for EA in 1983.

Make a good video game first and shut the fuck up until you do.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #50262 on: September 15, 2021, 07:43:31 PM »
shut up and dribble code  8)

FUME5

« Reply #50263 on: September 15, 2021, 08:03:56 PM »
You'll all be sorry when that guy releases Dinonoids or whatever the fuck it was.

benjipwns

« Reply #50264 on: September 15, 2021, 08:28:45 PM »
You'll all be sorry when that guy releases Dinonoids or whatever the fuck it was.
Exclusively on Steam.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #50265 on: September 15, 2021, 08:50:33 PM »
I checked cause I wanted to make that same joke and it seems it’s exclusive through some kind of humble subscription service :ufup

I can’t believe I passed up 3 potential likes for joke accuracy  :existential

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50266 on: September 15, 2021, 08:55:36 PM »

ok all I saw was "dino" and a discussion about dumb indie developers so you made me remember Goodbye Volcano High and you sent me down a brief rabbit hole

• embarrassing teen angst furry scalie game from canada is inexplicably shown at the PS5 reveal in june 2020
  • "KO_OP is a Canadian studio that is just as enigmatic as the games it produces. They place a heavy emphasis on equality. Hence, every person earns the same salary. Furthermore, decisions are made as a group, and everyone has equal input. This is vastly different from the usual hierarchical structure of businesses."
  • "The protagonist, Fang, is a non-binary dinosaur."
  • internet finds out that one of the game's writers is Kate Gray, a former Kotaku writer who posted CG child porn of harry potter and pokemon characters to the front page of Kotaku
  • based on all of the above, internet gives the game a stern side eye
  • developers, very sad, lock their steam discussion forums immediately after the reveal and hide in discord
  • game completely disappears from all radars
  • 4channers create a full parody game of Goodbye Volcano High before it releases, before even a non-cinematic trailer has been shown, called Snoot Game, which is released on itch.io in june 2021
  • canadian furry developers extremely mad, demand that itch.io removes the 100% legal and fair use game...which itch.io does
  • Snoot Game developers create their own website and continue distributing the game anyway
  • canadian furry developers aggressively ban any mention of Snoot Game in their discord server
  • in their first update since the reveal, last month in august, Goodbye Volcano High was delayed to vaguely 2022
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:10:24 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50267 on: September 15, 2021, 09:04:16 PM »
what the fuck game were you guys talking about? humble store?
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #50269 on: September 15, 2021, 09:11:25 PM »
According to gg.deals (whatever that is) Divinoids is available through a Humble Trove subscription?  As a console only pleb I have no idea if that’s true or not but maybe someone here has a subscription already and can let us know how shit it is

Oh it got a Resetera OT!

Of the 40 posts in the thread he is 16 of them and most of the rest are people congratulating him on the release.  It seems no one actually played the game though
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:23:17 PM by Lonewulfeus »

benjipwns

« Reply #50270 on: September 15, 2021, 09:20:28 PM »
I have a Humble subscription, the Trove is mostly all their weird half-finished indie garbage they give you access to that nobody ever talks about and even they forgot to keep adding titles to because nobody has ever cared about anything in it. Sometimes there's DRM free versions of stuff they give you Steam keys for in the regular, more popular Humble Choice, otherwise it's as I described.

Just downloaded Divinoids_1.3.4.rar :success

benjipwns

« Reply #50271 on: September 15, 2021, 09:22:44 PM »
----------------------------
Divinoids 1.3.4 (2020-03-27)
----------------------------
Game hasn't been updated in 18 months.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #50272 on: September 15, 2021, 09:25:06 PM »
they could use some crunch time  :trumps

FUME5

« Reply #50273 on: September 15, 2021, 11:07:27 PM »
Don't leave us hanging Benji, is it GOTY or what?

Himu

« Reply #50274 on: September 15, 2021, 11:16:36 PM »
People forget what the internet is like outside of TheBore.  Everyone's got a huge cock out there to make us feel like shit.  But not here, we're safe here.

Truly. The internet is fulled of pathetic men and women that like to kiss ass for social justices sake now. Our society is going down the toilet. Remember that you're normal and the rest are conformist freaks that find any opposing opinion to be offensive. Let them wallow in their weakness.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #50275 on: September 15, 2021, 11:25:08 PM »
The way they describe the internet I wonder if they spend their days searching for horrific gore and extremist madman sites. The worst thing I’ve seen this year was someone who called Nina Kraviz a drunk Ukrainian housewife.
Come to the bad vibes thread.  :doge

Himu

« Reply #50276 on: September 15, 2021, 11:27:08 PM »
Reset Era is a great example as to why women should never be put in positions of power. There's more women in power than ever in our society and where has it landed us? Into a mountain of shit. We subsist in a culture in residual decline. The real rub is learning, very slow through life experience, is that your grandfather and father were right about them. Embrace tradition.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:37:22 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #50277 on: September 15, 2021, 11:45:29 PM »
cindi the tradwife now  ???

Himu

« Reply #50278 on: September 15, 2021, 11:49:56 PM »
cindi the tradwife now  ???

The she realized that they were truly a he by the grace of Allah.
IYKYK

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #50279 on: September 16, 2021, 12:01:41 AM »
:popcorn
Margs