Author Topic: Serious stonks strategy talk  (Read 109968 times)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: Serious stonks strategy talk
« Reply #840 on: January 30, 2021, 07:36:33 PM »
#statuelivesmatter

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #841 on: January 30, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #842 on: January 30, 2021, 08:12:51 PM »
Insurrection of Wall Street cancelled  :(

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYPDCT/status/1355558716465152007
This is fucking absurd. Please tell me this image concerns all of you Americans as much as it concerns the rest of us?

There's a defund movement for a reason
Which is absolutely absurd as well, but a typically extreme American solution to a problem.
Spud

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #843 on: January 30, 2021, 10:57:38 PM »
I think most people, maybe even the vast majority, don't mean that police departments should be completely defunded, just that many of them get far more money than they really need and some of those funds could be allocated in better ways to make the community safer.
dog

Himu

« Reply #844 on: January 30, 2021, 11:13:35 PM »
Insurrection of Wall Street cancelled  :(

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYPDCT/status/1355558716465152007
This is fucking absurd. Please tell me this image concerns all of you Americans as much as it concerns the rest of us?

not absurd at all if you've been nyc. they've got police armed in ar-15's at fucking grand central and penn station. Not that far a leap. Just a few train rides south to Bowling Green and bam, you've got armed killahz at Wall st.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #845 on: January 30, 2021, 11:14:05 PM »
So what they really mean is disarm the police, but what they say is defund the police...
Spud

Himu

« Reply #846 on: January 30, 2021, 11:15:34 PM »
So what they really mean is disarm the police, but what they say is defund the police...

lol
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #847 on: January 30, 2021, 11:28:15 PM »

ok
dog

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #848 on: January 30, 2021, 11:31:02 PM »
poast more put recommends  :hmph
Uncle

Beezy

« Reply #849 on: January 30, 2021, 11:35:05 PM »
It's funny how so many people no longer understand what 'defund' means when 'the police' is attached to it. Anywho... stonks.

Tasty

« Reply #850 on: January 30, 2021, 11:51:02 PM »
poast more put recommends  :hmph

Put poastato out to pasture :rodney

Himu

« Reply #851 on: January 30, 2021, 11:51:24 PM »
i need to get nintendo stonks. I usually am right about their products.
IYKYK

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #852 on: January 31, 2021, 10:35:58 AM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/melvin-capital-lost-53-in-january-hurt-by-gamestop-and-other-bets-11612103117

Melvin Capital Lost 53% in January, Hurt by GameStop and Other Bets
Citadel, its partners and Point72 took losses from their investment in the hedge fund

Melvin Capital Management, the hedge fund that has borne the brunt of losses from the soaring stock prices of heavily shorted stocks recently, lost 53% in January, according to people familiar with the firm.

Melvin was founded by Gabe Plotkin, a former star portfolio manager for hedge-fund titan Steven A. Cohen. It started the year with about $12.5 billion and now runs more than $8 billion. The current figure includes $2.75 billion in emergency funds Citadel LLC, its partners and Mr. Cohen’s Point72 Asset Management injected into the hedge fund last Monday.

:neogaf

New and existing clients have signed up to invest money into Melvin on Feb. 1, according to the people familiar with the matter. It was unclear how much they would be adding.

Do you smell that, boys? Smells like more tendies  :rash
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

G The Resurrected

« Reply #853 on: January 31, 2021, 10:48:39 AM »
Capitalism at it’s finest

2021 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Gamestonk https://www.topps.com/2021-topps-garbage-pail-kids-gamestonk.html

paprikastaude

« Reply #854 on: January 31, 2021, 01:17:06 PM »
I don't know shit about stonk technicalities. But seeing the gist of recent events, it's great to see that there's people left on the internet who finally achieved what all the worthless woke bubbles couldn't - do something meaningful.

No one in power cares that you've cancelled a celebrity out of social media. No one in power cares they might have to hire a token black person down the line. If anything, it helps neolibs hide behind woke lip service to keep a broken system. However, when you get wallstreet brokers run crying to daddy government, you finally hit the right spot for once.

Gut jab, internet. :playa
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 01:22:02 PM by Spieler1 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #855 on: January 31, 2021, 01:27:46 PM »
Silver is next but I don't quite understand what their game is yet.
Just that they're buying physical silver by the truckload for some reason.

🤴

Clockwork5

« Reply #856 on: January 31, 2021, 01:54:17 PM »
Doge alert. I’m staying out this time but it’s surging again.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don’t buy it unless you have time to watch it like a hawk today.
[close]

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #857 on: January 31, 2021, 03:34:21 PM »
Silver is the ron Paul of investing
:O

who is ted danson?

« Reply #858 on: January 31, 2021, 03:58:16 PM »
I remember watching a video by some guy in like 2012 talking about how he was bailing out of bitcoin because the government were going to shut it down, and he was instead going all in on silver

never been able to find it again, still haunts me to this day
edit: I looked through my favourites and couldn't find it. BUT I did find this guy that I watched and was also shilling BTC/Gold/silver and did seem to HODL BTC.

BRB gonna go back in time and strangle 17/18yo me  :fbm :fbm

on the other hand i would've kms if I bought silver/gold instead of BTC  :lol :lol :lol
[close]

Davinci was also Ron Paul pill'd, look at his oldest videos https://www.youtube.com/user/davincij15/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid
[close]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:32:50 PM by who is ted danson? »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #859 on: January 31, 2021, 04:12:13 PM »
I don't feel even slightly sorry for gamblers when they lose

james

« Reply #860 on: January 31, 2021, 04:19:29 PM »
DOGE COIN IS SURGING TO THE MOON

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #861 on: January 31, 2021, 05:35:08 PM »
loll, i spent at least 30 btc on drugs back in the day. i had a good time  8)
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #862 on: January 31, 2021, 05:45:35 PM »
would be lying if i said i don't regret holding on/paying more attention to the value of it back then. i briefly attempted trading on btc-e ~2013 but when that site got hacked and subsequently seized by the feds i didn't bother trying again until i got an account with binance when they started up. also lost interest again after it peaked late 2017. the number of lost opportunities. maybe in another dimension i didn't fuck it up
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #863 on: January 31, 2021, 06:08:05 PM »
While I do want to mess around with stocks sometimes in the future (and not just gamestonk which i am #HOLDING and bought mostly for meme purposes), I am finally getting around to not letting money waste away in my bank account.  For now just going to invest a good chunk of my bank account on index funds, and around 500 to 1000 euros a month from there on. Hoping that will get me to stop spending money on stupid shit every month I dont need, and give a nice profit every year.

I know, a bit boring and whatever. But I do like the idea of not having to worry much about the majority of money.

and then I will invest my life savings in cd projekt red to own libtards, when I get more comfortable with it
[close]

would be lying if i said i don't regret holding on/paying more attention to the value of it back then. i briefly attempted trading on btc-e ~2013 but when that site got hacked and subsequently seized by the feds i didn't bother trying again until i got an account with binance when they started up. also lost interest again after it peaked late 2017. the number of lost opportunities. maybe in another dimension i didn't fuck it up

I have my first emails about buying bitcoins from 2011. But it was such a bitch, especially in Denmark, so I gave up. What a mistaker.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #864 on: January 31, 2021, 07:18:55 PM »
While I do want to mess around with stocks sometimes in the future (and not just gamestonk which i am #HOLDING and bought mostly for meme purposes), I am finally getting around to not letting money waste away in my bank account.  For now just going to invest a good chunk of my bank account on index funds, and around 500 to 1000 euros a month from there on. Hoping that will get me to stop spending money on stupid shit every month I dont need, and give a nice profit every year.

I know, a bit boring and whatever. But I do like the idea of not having to worry much about the majority of money.

and then I will invest my life savings in cd projekt red to own libtards, when I get more comfortable with it
[close]

I have my first emails about buying bitcoins from 2011. But it was such a bitch, especially in Denmark, so I gave up. What a mistaker.
Interest rates being what they are this is not a bad decision. And as we've seen with COVID-19 crisis, governments today are willing to interfere quite extensively in the 'free market' to make sure the stock market keeps going to the moon.
What has stopped me from doing so, is that soon there should be a 'correction' on some overvalued stocks. In some ways it is happening right now with the Dow shedding a few points. Stock markets are at record highs.

However you want to get  on there before the world reopens, because plenty of people saved up a whole lot of money during the pandemic. If the politicians don't fuck it up, the boom that happens will be legendary.

My prediction is: February - May (dip) -> June/July (slow summer) -> September (TO THE MOON)
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #865 on: January 31, 2021, 07:47:41 PM »
I'm thinking spy puts in the morning tomorrow, as we saw all this attention on gme etc., brokers not allowing people to spend their own money on certain stocks, and most importantly eroded confidence in the wisdom of shorting, all this will have an affect on wall street's continued prospects and deepen the downward trend at the end of last week
Uncle

james

« Reply #866 on: January 31, 2021, 07:55:38 PM »
Anyone interested in creating a Borecoin?

Nintex, you're good with computers. Can your set this up? I'll buy 10

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #867 on: January 31, 2021, 08:00:55 PM »

We thought about creating our own coin with the company but it is quite difficult to do.

I'm thinking spy puts in the morning tomorrow, as we saw all this attention on gme etc., brokers not allowing people to spend their own money on certain stocks, and most importantly eroded confidence in the wisdom of shorting, all this will have an affect on wall street's continued prospects and deepen the downward trend at the end of last week
On the flip side WSB now has ~8 million members, which just increases the number of people that are going to buy stonks. Probably Tesla, Apple and the other big names that most starting investors do next to whatever WSB starts pushing.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #868 on: January 31, 2021, 09:09:48 PM »
On the flip side WSB now has ~8 million members, which just increases the number of people that are going to buy stonks. Probably Tesla, Apple and the other big names that most starting investors do next to whatever WSB starts pushing.
all these new people are poors who will only be able to buy fractional shares of tesla at best, but if they do stick around their erratic meme purchasing is going to cause mayhem in the market

like I can't see any particular stock ever getting close to 100% shorted for a long time without causing another wsb run on the stock, everyone will be watching for that now, which means everyone shorting is going to have to hold off from that, which means less rapid growth, uncertainty in the market
Uncle

Clockwork5

« Reply #869 on: January 31, 2021, 09:23:42 PM »
I’ve got a GTX 780 to donate for the borecoin mining operation.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 02:10:26 AM by Clockwork5 »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #870 on: January 31, 2021, 10:30:44 PM »

Here's a placeholder design.  I'll buy 100 million.

james

« Reply #871 on: January 31, 2021, 10:42:54 PM »
Guys I think we really have something here

james

« Reply #872 on: February 01, 2021, 02:43:38 AM »
New theory on wsb that the hedge funds have been printing counterfeit shares which is why the brokers are setting buy limits.

We hold boys

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l9rk78/sec_doj_60_minutes_public_data_suggests_massive/

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #873 on: February 01, 2021, 05:57:24 AM »
fake shares go brrr :success
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #874 on: February 01, 2021, 05:59:04 AM »
New theory on wsb that the hedge funds have been printing counterfeit shares which is why the brokers are setting buy limits.

We hold boys

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l9rk78/sec_doj_60_minutes_public_data_suggests_massive/
lmao this feels like 2008 all over again.

Daddy Musk probably has 10000000000000000 fake shares that run through Jared Kushner's shell company to the Saudi Royal family or something.
Or as he would say: "Oops, hehe"
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #875 on: February 01, 2021, 06:48:31 AM »
:hyper

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #876 on: February 01, 2021, 09:37:20 AM »
https://m.

james

« Reply #877 on: February 01, 2021, 10:38:52 AM »
Down 30% at open but if the shares are fake we might be up? Dunno this is getting hard to understand.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #878 on: February 01, 2021, 01:34:49 PM »
Depsite Gamestop going down, it's still $240 today vs $17 at the start of the year  :lol

I'm up 5% today. BB to the MOON, GoPro doing great too and NOK holding  :ohhh
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #879 on: February 01, 2021, 01:43:28 PM »
AMC opened the day at about $17 and is down almost $3 now

:fbm
yar

Tasty

« Reply #880 on: February 01, 2021, 01:47:53 PM »
AMC opened the day at about $17 and is down almost $3 now

Don't you mean, DisneyAMC? :reeeee

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #881 on: February 01, 2021, 03:43:47 PM »
amc isn't going to the moon, it's way overvalued, the theater model has been dying for years and the virus exacerbated that

who wants to travel somewhere only to have a worse experience sitting next to a sweaty person who keeps talking during the movie  :yuck  just watch it on your own 80 inch tv with surround  :smug
Uncle

who is ted danson?

« Reply #882 on: February 01, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
Not sure I will be able to afford chicken tendies this week brehs  :fbm
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #883 on: February 01, 2021, 03:59:28 PM »

press f bois

:tocry
yar

james

« Reply #884 on: February 01, 2021, 04:06:12 PM »
My understanding is we're holding as the chickens grow up

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #885 on: February 01, 2021, 04:07:28 PM »
the hedgies are eating fake tendies :oreilly
(ice)

james

« Reply #886 on: February 01, 2021, 04:18:19 PM »
My VPN is down and I dont know my password so I cant even check on my stocks

james

« Reply #887 on: February 01, 2021, 04:53:13 PM »
Reddit update

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #888 on: February 01, 2021, 05:07:27 PM »
Hold  :dice
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #889 on: February 01, 2021, 05:11:12 PM »
TIL what a short ladder attack is, and how it’s fucking shady.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #890 on: February 01, 2021, 05:17:08 PM »
Unrelated to the gamestop shenanigans, I got a free subscription to a stock picking service. If anyone is interested I can share the picks (1-2 per month) secretly with this thread.

james

« Reply #891 on: February 01, 2021, 05:17:44 PM »
Unrelated to the gamestop shenanigans, I got a free subscription to a stock picking service. If anyone is interested I can share the picks (1-2 per month) secretly with this thread.

Are they any good?

Also:

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #892 on: February 01, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
Made a bunch in SNDL today

Clockwork5

« Reply #893 on: February 01, 2021, 05:30:13 PM »
Yeah I was not expecting that from SNDL today. It’s about the only good decision I’ve made in the past week since I was a day late for the big surge on the other stocks. Bought it at 0.50 and it hit 1.25 today before a late sell off. I still think it can perform well in the first half of the week (I have no idea what I’m talking about). Definitely have an itchy trigger finger on this one though.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #894 on: February 01, 2021, 05:53:45 PM »

Are they any good?

Just got it, but I bought the two stocks they mentioned in January today and am up 2% between them. The site is more for long term (3-5 years) so you won’t be making a lot of money overnight.

I’ll post them via the hide tool so I don’t get in trouble.

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Beezy

« Reply #895 on: February 01, 2021, 05:54:12 PM »
Got some tendies off a call option today thanks to Tesla. I also have a long SNDL call that I'm watching.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #896 on: February 01, 2021, 06:52:50 PM »

Popeyes got you covered.

Tasty

« Reply #897 on: February 01, 2021, 07:14:53 PM »
TIL what a short ladder attack is, and how it’s fucking shady.

And I'm learning a bunch of reasons never to take a company public if I'm ever in the position to do so. :doge

Clockwork5

« Reply #898 on: February 01, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »
The desperation on WSB is palpable right now.
 :'(

Not that I really think it’s a significant indicator but it’s sad to see, for real. It’s one thing to see controlthenarrative “Guh”. It’s a different feeling to see thousands quietly panicking.

naff

« Reply #899 on: February 01, 2021, 07:32:38 PM »
i'd read that reddit in the past and it was p bleak. the halcyon days of the gme bull run was abnormal
◕‿◕