Author Topic: Sony contracts Corona  (Read 20246 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Sony contracts Corona
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2020, 09:18:22 AM »
force underpaid workers to watch liveleak death movies all day for some shitty videogame story and the honor of having one of your games on their resume then spend your day calling yourself an artist on neogaf. :lol no wonder everyone wants to quit that shithole studio.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2020, 10:59:42 AM »
Not to defend Druckmann but I feel like that's extrapolating too much.

Duckman's Neogaf posts had a very....smug smell to them when he posted. A lot of devs did. Game devs like most creative types often come across as being smug or artsy fartsy.

He actually posted over there? :doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2020, 03:25:18 PM »
force underpaid workers to watch liveleak death movies all day for some shitty videogame story and the honor of having one of your games on their resume then spend your day calling yourself an artist on neogaf. :lol no wonder everyone wants to quit that shithole studio.
I've been through a bunch of REKT threads, hire me ND.  :smug

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2020, 03:30:26 PM »
A game that has cursing, murder, rape, and is considered art....  And yet, Tifa gets crucified for calling Cloud and Barret distinguished mentally-challenged fellows back in 1997 ...  what a world we live in today. :rejoice
Is FF7 not considered art? Especially by the target audience of hardcore gamers?
If anything, the problem arises because Last of Us proposes itself as a product firmly for adults (in part thanks to those elements) while FF7 is in a grayer area, and so some people look at it in a different lense.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
Spoilers:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
TLOU2 has a $169.99 Collector's Edition and a $229.99 "Ellie Edition". #DoItForHer :goty2
[close]
©@©™

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2020, 12:50:01 AM »
Ellie Edition better have her face beaten to a pulp to let me feel the anguish when looking at the box art. Perhaps a few chiclets with blood on the spine when I'm not proudly displaying it front side forward next to my Mastur Chef cat helmet.

Stupid joke aside, I consider vidya entertainment art. Can be utterly throw away low brow art, but yeah I still consider it art. Even shit like the pack in Cap'n Crunch pc game they packed in the cereal around the late 90s I think.

----
Looked up the Ellie Edition. Got me thinking. I mean yeah it wouldn't be for me with all it includes. When it comes to extras I like to keep it simple. I don't want statues, chachkies (sp?). Steel book case? Sure makes no difference to me. Music? Yes please. Art book? Yes please. Anything else I will never make use of if I'm totally honest
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 01:00:39 AM by EchoRin »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2020, 02:58:11 AM »
Ellie Edition better have her face beaten to a pulp to let me feel the anguish when looking at the box art. Perhaps a few chiclets with blood on the spine when I'm not proudly displaying it front side forward next to my Mastur Chef cat helmet.

Been there; done that.  ;)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2020, 03:23:35 AM »
 :yikes :jgames :joker

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2020, 07:54:20 AM »
Not to defend Druckmann but I feel like that's extrapolating too much.

Duckman's Neogaf posts had a very....smug smell to them when he posted. A lot of devs did. Game devs like most creative types often come across as being smug or artsy fartsy.

That's not strictly a neogaf/reeee thing.  I see this often on other boards or Twitter, too.  Not just devs, but game testers or people doing localization.  Fortunately it's not everybody.   :)
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2020, 08:40:00 AM »
https://t.me/s/TLOU2LEAKS26APRIL (Need a telegram account, but if you don't want that, just press "Preview channel" :doge )

If this is true, there's a working Multiplayer build in game. :doge :doge :doge :doge So much for that "We're not doing multiplayer" spiel when they wasted time on it (probably dummied out and will be "patched" into the game)

https://m.cda.pl/video/509538290 <---1 hour 30 minutes of "Gameplay." :doge
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:44:39 AM by thisismyusername »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2020, 09:15:39 AM »
I'm enjoying the game struggling to hit 30fps in a bunch of the scenes.

thisismyusername

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2020, 11:23:15 AM »

...So this... is the power... of the Playstation™ 4™...

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2020, 02:09:18 AM »

...So this... is the power... of the Playstation™ 4™...

This is what happens when Chad Warren got laid-off due to the corona.  :'(
©@©™

El Babua

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2020, 03:32:22 AM »
Turns out the ludonarrative dissonance shitposts from 2007 really fucked up ND's minds.

The build where everything got leaked from was from February, so a lot of the technical issues people are complaining about should be fixed by release. Naughty Gods and all that.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2020, 11:17:47 AM »

Newsfeed.

Stupid joke aside, I consider vidya entertainment art. Can be utterly throw away low brow art, but yeah I still consider it art. Even shit like the pack in Cap'n Crunch pc game they packed in the cereal around the late 90s I think.

I'm with you. Plus people still play Chex Quest.

Chex Quest is getting a Limited Run re-release soon...
^_^

thisismyusername

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2020, 01:29:55 PM »

Newsfeed.

I'm with you. Plus people still play Chex Quest.

Chex Quest is getting a Limited Run re-release soon...

Oh shit. Maybe it'll get put up on Steam. :hyper :hyper

Turns out the ludonarrative dissonance shitposts from 2007 really fucked up ND's minds.

The build where everything got leaked from was from February, so a lot of the technical issues people are complaining about should be fixed by release. Naughty Gods and all that.

Going by the Amy imgur, that's kind of the truth. She was testing out ways to have Uncharted not just be arena->scene->arena->scene that breaks "Drake kills millions."

thisismyusername

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »
So should assume it's a person or people from another company that are lending help on the development side?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2020, 03:06:18 PM »
I bet it's Phil Spencer, Sony's confidence had him shook.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2020, 07:26:27 PM »
So should assume it's a person or people from another company that are lending help on the development side?

Could be a hack. Could be someone who knows someone who acquired a copy of a version somehow. I mean the game gets passed along a lot of hands from the studio to the disc / digital upload, there's a lot of vulnerabilities. Incompetent or complacent security is not uncommon too. I'd imagine stuff "leak" on the regular but generally everyone is sensible enough to keep it to themselves and their friends instead of uploading videos for e-peen.
I'd take the "non affiliated" wording to exclude any contractor or company in the production chain.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2020, 09:27:55 PM »
Someone on RE made it sound like ND did a bad job at securing a server and someone used that to get passwords or something. The poster's english was broken so I'm filling in the blanks.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2020, 05:00:39 AM »
It's not the final version so doesn't have anything to do with disk processing or anything like that.

I'm guessing they are just judiciously leaving the word "directly" out;  the leak almost certainly originated from an employee or contractor, someone affiliated with the development of the game.   A hack is the only other real explanation.

I wasn't restricting it to disk production, I think a lot of hands are still involved before the game going gold. I would imagine one other possible rhetorical sleight of hand might be that "the individuals responsible for the leaks" might be used in the limited sense of "the individuals who uploaded the videos and made them widely available to the public", separate from another potential individual "affiliated" they might have got it from.

Unless Sony want to pursue it in court (I guess they could if hacking was involved) that's probably the last we'll hear of it, it's not great press to admit to lax security and nothing is going to unleak it anyway. And I guess the gaming press will probably be coy in giving intoxicating attention to leaker(s) and inciting more of the same.
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2020, 11:13:06 AM »
MS had debug/test builds leaked for years via PartnerNet. Could have been something like that especially with on-location testing being a no-go right now.

Also, Sony doesn't have a great track record with cybersecurity. <- understatement

thisismyusername

« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2020, 01:37:54 PM »
10s of thousands of people were mailed every piece of MS software monthly including all betas back when that's how MSDN worked.   The files weren't really something heavily protected.

The leak is a copy from Feb. apparently too.

I saw some videos where the build was April 4th. So... :trumps

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2020, 04:09:58 AM »
Dude claims to have some knowledge of how things went down.

https://twitter.com/PixelButts/status/1256792950136172550
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2020, 04:59:11 AM »
Just posted these tweets online without even running it by Jason Schreier first? Despicable.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2020, 05:26:26 AM »
Just posted these tweets online without even running it by Jason Schreier first? Despicable.

Filthy leaks only become enlightening news through the transubstantiation mediated by Jason.
:preach
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2020, 06:54:54 AM »

Filthy leaks only become enlightening news through the transubstantiation mediated by Jason.
:preach

Case in point :

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1256893468263305216

Bitch eating crackers :
"I have a good idea..."
"I think..."
:ego
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:05:23 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2020, 09:34:56 AM »
Dude claims to have some knowledge of how things went down.

https://twitter.com/PixelButts/status/1256792950136172550

"Buckle up," lede really right after:

https://twitter.com/PixelButts/status/1256793239375380483

:poohwhatthefuckamireadingemote

Why the fuck is their patches publishing that? Why the fuck wasn't the patch coming from PSN itself (if it wasn't) with those bits bleached out?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2020, 03:02:40 PM »
That's some guy on Twitter, might be bullshit for all we know.
:yeshrug
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más

thisismyusername

« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2020, 03:23:40 PM »
Wait;  ND has been putting AWS keys in clear text... in their, game patches?  The ones that go to PS4's?

What in the flying fuck...

That was my literal reaction. Supposedly that's how it reads. Which is just insane.

thisismyusername

« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2020, 03:28:06 PM »
So in theory Uncharted 2 and 3's Multiplayer was on AWS servers a la Rocket League (was AWS around in 2009-2010 or so? I forget). But at the same time, it needs to save settings to AWS? WTF. Sony's flagship studio doesn't have multiplayer servers built in-house/on-site for them? :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2020, 03:42:48 PM »
thats what made me :thinking seems off but i dunno. unless they are saying aws was just used as storage/database?

also
https://twitter.com/PixelButts/status/1256809904423104513

thisismyusername

« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2020, 11:37:32 PM »

bluemax

« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2020, 11:56:33 PM »
Wait;  ND has been putting AWS keys in clear text... in their, game patches?  The ones that go to PS4's?

What in the flying fuck...

As a game developer who has dealt with Sony's patching system...

This checks out.

So in theory Uncharted 2 and 3's Multiplayer was on AWS servers a la Rocket League (was AWS around in 2009-2010 or so? I forget). But at the same time, it needs to save settings to AWS? WTF. Sony's flagship studio doesn't have multiplayer servers built in-house/on-site for them? :doge

At that time they were a developer with a history of only ever making single player game. Building up a multiplayer team and infrastructure doesn't happen overnight. Now they do have in house multiplayer people at this point, but given it wasn't their core competency for a long time so it isn't entirely unsurprising.
NO

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2020, 06:13:27 PM »
Hi

thisismyusername

« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2020, 06:19:20 PM »

Whatever that was it's gone now. :doge

It was a GTA5 mod, IIRC.

Ah, found it again: just for you...

https://streamable.com/flzigu

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2020, 02:43:34 PM »
The gamers won't like that

BisMarckie

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2020, 02:45:17 PM »
American cultural imperialism  >:(

paprikastaude

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2020, 02:54:54 PM »
 :lol booo, screw your US-centrism. Expecting the whole world to bend to your fuckups, but no proper action anytime equally bad or worse shit happens elsewhere.

BisMarckie

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2020, 02:58:51 PM »
We'll be fine without some CGI trailers.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2020, 03:32:29 PM »
Sony's always got an excuse for delays. First it was coronavirus, now it's pretending to care about black people.
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »
More like Sorny Latestation :rodney

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2020, 04:17:26 PM »
:lol booo, screw your US-centrism. Expecting the whole world to bend to your fuckups, but no proper action anytime equally bad or worse shit happens elsewhere.
:doge
100% Sony wouldn't have delayed shit, if these revolts didn't take place in US/EU countries, but is it really US centrism, when it's their major market, and they want people to be home to watch the damn thing?  ::)

It'd be funny if  bunch of the trailers they planned to show got leaked now, though.  :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2020, 04:25:19 PM »
More like Sorny Latestation :rodney

Soony Latestation.

You had one job. :bolo

BisMarckie

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »
 :notlikethis

paprikastaude

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
:doge
100% Sony wouldn't have delayed shit, if these revolts didn't take place in US/EU countries, but is it really US centrism, when it's their major market, and they want people to be home to watch the damn thing?  ::)

It'd be funny if  bunch of the trailers they planned to show got leaked now, though.  :lol

Just let me vent my decade long hate for the US a bit please.  :-*  Also you can exclude EU too from your exception. Not a single US woke nerd asked to delay shit during protests in France or Hongkong, Brexit, that terrorist's attack in New Zealand, let alone when just recently there was an ethnic cleansing in Asia. But then they act like they are the most important victim in the world, which everyone needs to take lessons from, just because for once the same shit from other typical trash governments hits the fan over there also.  :doge
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 07:23:26 PM by Spieler1 »

BisMarckie

« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »
I can think of another Austrian who hated America :hitler

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2020, 05:02:20 PM »
The Chad Schwarzenegger vs The Virgin Hitler.

Anyway Spieler, i was thinking more places like Venezuela, Iran, Lybia, etc.
If there were riots all over Europe to the extent hitting the US right now, i think they'd delay just as well, since it's also a big enough market that would follow the event.

paprikastaude

« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2020, 05:04:26 PM »

I live in the Jewish district, you have nothing on me   :bolo

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2020, 05:34:12 PM »
Soony: Everything gets delayed because of everything happening rn. Pls understand and no more leaks PLS

Microshaft: Thoughts and prayers etc. You guys hyped for Halo 14 or WHAT?

Nintardo: What's a black people?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
It's more like

Sony: "Hi I'm currently dealing with personal issues / other things and I can't help you right now is there someone else you can reach out to?"

Microsoft: "SEA OF THIEVES"

Nintendo: "Now is the best time to announce SUPER MARIO 64 HD with a Tweet"
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2020, 06:46:21 PM »
I kind of feel like in America,  PlayStation is pretty popular among African Americans.

Maybe wrong time to say this, but I do think that’s a big part of thier audience. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I’ve always seen Xbox as the white bro console
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2020, 08:11:13 PM »
Well I'm not saying playing video games is a race thing at all.

I am saying though in my experiences of selling and playing video games that minorities in general have skewed Playstation over xbox. Working at a Target in a fairly white area of Chicago, we sold a lot of xbox's to a lot of White dudes. Playstations we sold to pretty much anyone. Even in my friend circle I see that breakdown.

Like I said, this is obviously just me. I have no numbers, but I sure wouldn't be surprised to see if Playstation's demographics actually broke down like that.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2020, 02:37:18 AM »
They’d probably be showing off the new call of duty at least too, which now isn’t really the time for :yeshrug
(ice)

thisismyusername

« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2020, 08:01:03 AM »
RAMIREZ, DEFEND BURGER TOWN. Now in 4K. With the added modification of rioters instead of Russians. :doge

Svejk

« Reply #178 on: June 02, 2020, 08:03:24 AM »
They’d probably be showing off the new call of duty at least too, which now isn’t really the time for :yeshrug
Rockstar probably had a State of Emergency Remaster thrown in there too.  :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2020, 09:26:17 AM »
leaked trailer footage