Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 191811 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #3060 on: May 24, 2023, 05:23:25 PM »
Given that the dual elite whatever controller is 200 buckaroos I expect this will be 399.99.

Raist

« Reply #3061 on: May 24, 2023, 05:26:54 PM »
MGS4 eternally PS3 exclusive.

Cell processor :rejoice

The collection thing says "Vol.1" so...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vol.2 will be the weird ass PSP games :lol
[close]

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3062 on: May 24, 2023, 05:26:58 PM »
That streaming thing will be overpriced trash just do an official controller add-on for phones and make a streaming app. Guessing Sony had aload of unused 7 inch tablet screens laying around they needed repurposing or some shit :doge
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3063 on: May 24, 2023, 05:32:23 PM »
Lol. The return of the PSP was a bit of a let down huh?

Sony invented the WiiU. Lol.
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3064 on: May 24, 2023, 05:33:37 PM »
It seems like they e given up on it but over it was even announced :girlaff
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3065 on: May 24, 2023, 05:35:11 PM »
Also, those earbuds are the ugliest shit I've ever seen.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3066 on: May 24, 2023, 05:35:38 PM »
Yeah it's just a product to milk the hardcore fanbase so they have something to compete with the Steamdeck and Switch.

Overall peeps seem dissapointed. I thought it was a decent showcase, good variety of titles and a great look at games coming soon like Alan Wake 2 and Mirage.
Surprised they didn't have something on Armored Core and Tekken 8.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3067 on: May 24, 2023, 05:35:59 PM »
Towers of Aghbasha looked cool.

WTF is Foamstars Square Enix? Jesus.

Can someone tell the Journey guy that he can make a different game now.

Phantom Blade looked good, but I am sceptical it will play well.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 05:46:09 PM by Potato »
Spud

Raist

« Reply #3068 on: May 24, 2023, 05:38:39 PM »
Whether or not you like the style, Sony definitely know their hardware design.

Until this abomination which is basically "hey Joe just slice that shit in half and put a phablet in the middle" :lol

That's what happens when an English bloke is in charge :yeshrug

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3069 on: May 24, 2023, 05:44:35 PM »
Alan Wake 2 looked cool I guess... Keeping the 360 hooked up to play old shit. This new gen has been pretty trash games wise. The GOTY is running on a tablet that's barely better than the 360.

Maybe start focussing on cool new mechanics devs? Nah, here's a horse cock with more polygons than the entire N64 library.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3070 on: May 24, 2023, 05:45:26 PM »
PS5 is one of the ugliest consoles ever made. Not sure where this idea of Sony knowing hardware design comes from. Compared to actual nice hardware design it looks like something designed by a 45 year old man with the aesthetic sense of a teenager.
Spud

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #3071 on: May 24, 2023, 06:14:38 PM »
Capgods bailing out this console generation yet again!

PS5 is one of the ugliest consoles ever made. Not sure where this idea of Sony knowing hardware design comes from. Compared to actual nice hardware design it looks like something designed by a 45 year old man with the aesthetic sense of a teenager.

I love that the official way to lay it horizontally has it at an angle and it’ll fall off the stand if you tap it. Also love that they made it white to sell skins. 

The streaming device looks laughably bad. At least PSVR2 won’t be the worst selling Sony hardware this year.

Bebpo

« Reply #3072 on: May 24, 2023, 06:54:29 PM »

I like the white & blue aesthetic, but yeah Playstation system design peaked at ps2 phat.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3073 on: May 24, 2023, 07:17:27 PM »
Silver ps2 slim is dope too
What

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #3074 on: May 24, 2023, 09:28:05 PM »
Wait, Marathon is a f2p Tarkov clone  ???

:neogaf

Svejk

« Reply #3075 on: May 25, 2023, 12:00:37 AM »
I'm still shocked they didn't drop anything on Stellar Blade.. you know, an actual PS5 exclusive.  :doge They even posted an official page for it 2 days ago. Seemed it was inevitable ???

Where Little Devil Inside too? Vapity vape, I guess.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh wait, Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming so who gives a shit. :betty
Reason they didn't show a release date because they didn't want to have GOTY locked in and let every other pissity game think they have a chance.  :show :cody :judgement
[close]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 12:22:24 AM by Svejk »

Raist

« Reply #3076 on: May 25, 2023, 01:07:50 AM »

As mentioned, I wasn't talking about aesthetics. But this shit looks like they thought about it for about 5 mins.

Polident Hive

« Reply #3077 on: May 25, 2023, 03:43:03 AM »
Capgods bailing out this console generation yet again!

I love that the official way to lay it horizontally has it at an angle and it’ll fall off the stand if you tap it. Also love that they made it white to sell skins. 

The streaming device looks laughably bad. At least PSVR2 won’t be the worst selling Sony hardware this year.

That decision actually makes me upset. Have an emotional response whenever I move the console. When I put in a secondary ssd, nearly went to grab a hot glue gun and fix it once and for all. Now there’s the option to wirelessly update the controller. Before when you had to plug in a cable, it’d fall off the stand. From the small pressure of inserting the usb c end. Why.

Polident Hive

« Reply #3078 on: May 25, 2023, 10:03:02 AM »
Watched the Spider-Man 2 gameplay. While visually it looks about the same, and maybe I fundamentally don’t understand this shit, the speed you can move across the city now looks to benefit from the SSD? an actual function of new tech that can influence gameplay?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3079 on: May 25, 2023, 10:04:41 AM »
Just cause u can move faster doesnt make it a better game tho
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3080 on: May 25, 2023, 10:38:48 AM »
Wait, Marathon is a f2p Tarkov clone  ???

:neogaf

by the same people who gave you Destiny 2 PVP omegalul
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3081 on: May 25, 2023, 11:20:07 AM »
At least FF16 looks good. :rejoice
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3082 on: May 25, 2023, 11:22:43 AM »
How is it a tarkov clone when its only the mode itself thats in common. Supposedly not even pve. So in fact nothing like Tarkov.

Or is every shooter a Doom clone still?

Also Tarkov is fucking ass these days.
What

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #3083 on: May 25, 2023, 01:13:28 PM »

That decision actually makes me upset. Have an emotional response whenever I move the console. When I put in a secondary ssd, nearly went to grab a hot glue gun and fix it once and for all. Now there’s the option to wirelessly update the controller. Before when you had to plug in a cable, it’d fall off the stand. From the small pressure of inserting the usb c end. Why.

I ended up buying this to get the ps5 to be flat and it works.
https://www.amazon.com/NexiGo-Accessories-Horizontal-Minimalist-Playstation/dp/B096XFF5SX/

How is it a tarkov clone when its only the mode itself thats in common. Supposedly not even pve. So in fact nothing like Tarkov.

Or is every shooter a Doom clone still?

Also Tarkov is fucking ass these days.

I’m mean that’s how it’s being described. I’m just more annoyed that we’re finally getting a new marathon game and this is it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3084 on: May 25, 2023, 02:21:02 PM »
Tarkov is a pretty realistic, very slow moving game where you heavily engage PVE as well as PVP (but can avoid PVP as well)

This might be an extraction shooter, but I think it will be very fast paced and entertaining. No PVE means more emphasis on PVP obviously.

I havent played the OG Marathon but Im sure they were never gonna do it justice anyway, so this might be better than nothing.
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3085 on: June 13, 2023, 05:46:09 AM »
Finally using this machine the way it was meant to be used.

Bought an exercise bicycle and use the PS5 to watch the original Gundam while doing my workout.

Svejk

« Reply #3086 on: June 22, 2023, 09:05:26 AM »
Got FFXVI preloaded and ready. Whooboy this is gonna be a trip.  Folks talking like it drops the fee fees like playing FFVI and VII for the first time back in the day.  :lawd

Svejk

« Reply #3087 on: August 01, 2023, 10:33:38 AM »
New firmware update coming... Will allow you to turn off the beep sound when powering up the system....
God is real.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3088 on: August 02, 2023, 07:54:02 AM »
I turned on my PS5 for the first time in a few weeks and I’m not able to access PS Plus, the shit I paid for. It just does not load up. I don’t have much time for gaming so I had a pocket of time last night. After a few minutes, I restarted the PS5 and got the same issues. Put it in rest mode and did something else. Oh well.

I’m just not impressed with this console thus far.
🍆🍆

archnemesis

« Reply #3089 on: August 02, 2023, 09:07:04 AM »
Could you access the store or anything else requiring an internet connection? If you haven't used PS+ in a while it will check that your subscription is valid before granting access.

I use ethernet cables with my consoles. They work poorly over wifi.

Svejk

« Reply #3090 on: August 11, 2023, 10:05:09 AM »
Possible leak of the PS5 "slim"

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3091 on: August 11, 2023, 12:07:14 PM »
Isn't that just one of those 1000 in 1 game consoles that dude found on alibaba?

Svejk

« Reply #3092 on: August 11, 2023, 12:40:16 PM »
Isn't that just one of those 1000 in 1 game consoles that dude found on alibaba?
It's probably legit because it still looks dumb.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3093 on: August 11, 2023, 04:53:27 PM »
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #3094 on: August 12, 2023, 10:55:43 AM »
That thing better be the Pro or something, and not the "slim".  Still too big and awkward.  Gonna save that manufacturing cost by reducing the plastic with that strip or something sony? :doge

Svejk

« Reply #3095 on: August 30, 2023, 11:56:08 AM »
SoyPass subscriptions being hiked on Sept 6th.  Better re-up now, if still using it.

Bebpo

« Reply #3096 on: August 30, 2023, 12:13:41 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how much they're increasing it while not adding anything new to the value.

Have a feeling they're going to see a huge drop in subscribers once this is implemented. Enough to hurt their financials and make them do something.

Svejk

« Reply #3097 on: August 30, 2023, 12:50:30 PM »
Yeah, it's ridiculous how much they're hiking it. I hope it does back fire on them.  I'm still good till 11/24, so I hope to see a rollback or actual heavy hitting Day Oners of sorts.

Svejk

« Reply #3098 on: September 13, 2023, 10:59:17 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3099 on: September 16, 2023, 02:05:18 PM »
Soybusters :nope
Seperate Ways :dice
Tales of Arise DLC :pika (wasn't expecting this)

The soy of play :stahp
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #3100 on: September 16, 2023, 08:16:46 PM »
Soybusters :nope
Seperate Ways :dice
Tales of Arise DLC :pika (wasn't expecting this)

(Image removed from quote.)

The soy of play :stahp
If this is the spokes person thing for all future SOP's, I'm done.

For once, I was thoroughly excited what they showed on the Nintendo Irect vs this.  (Contra and Tomb Raider) but everything in this was just meh or already known and shown. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 08:46:45 PM by Svejk »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3101 on: September 16, 2023, 08:47:53 PM »
The Playstation chick has some nice tits
fat

Svejk

« Reply #3102 on: October 10, 2023, 01:22:54 PM »
New slim models coming in November...

The new PS5 has been reduced in volume by more than 30%, and weight by 18% and 24% compared to the previous models.

The recommended retail prices for the new PS5 model are as follows beginning with the rollout in November at participating retailers.

U.S.
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – 499.99 USD
PS5 Digital Edition – 449.99 USD
Europe
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – 549.99 EUR
PS5 Digital Edition – 449.99 EUR
U.K.
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – 479.99 GBP
PS5 Digital Edition – 389.99 GBP
Japan
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – 66,980 JPY (includes tax)
PS5 Digital Edition – 59,980 JPY (includes tax)

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/10/10/new-look-for-ps5-console-this-holiday-season/?smcid=psapp

Svejk

« Reply #3103 on: October 11, 2023, 04:36:48 PM »
More PS out of nowhere randomness....

Himu

« Reply #3104 on: October 11, 2023, 05:00:48 PM »
It's really assuring the PS5 slim doesn't look like a complete piece of shit like the OG. I'll get one.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #3105 on: October 11, 2023, 05:26:31 PM »
It's really assuring the PS5 slim doesn't look like a complete piece of shit like the OG. I'll get one.
Even though it's improved some, it's still pretty shitty of them to boost the price $50 compared ot the launch version.  The launch digi version was $400.   But yeah, a smaller one would be nice with the option for a disc drive.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3106 on: October 12, 2023, 08:38:40 PM »

its no ps2 slim
What

Himu

« Reply #3107 on: October 12, 2023, 08:44:08 PM »
Few things are
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #3108 on: October 13, 2023, 09:15:18 AM »
I must take this opportunity to post about the nostalgia of picking up a PS2 Slim with Katamari Damacy.  That thing was such a magical slit.  It was staggering to me they compressed the size down like that.  Besides the PSP, that was Sony's top designed videogame product ever.  :delicious 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3109 on: October 16, 2023, 09:08:51 AM »
That thing was such a magical slit.

:beavis

I remember that- we were hyped to get it for basically no reason!  :lol  I got it and was immediately hit with the fact that I couldn't play Japanese games on it using the converters available at the time.  Ended up getting one chipped that's still sitting in my closet- they never did come anywhere near close to shrinking down hardware like that again.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #3110 on: October 16, 2023, 12:50:07 PM »
That thing was such a magical slit.

:beavis

I remember that- we were hyped to get it for basically no reason!  :lol  I got it and was immediately hit with the fact that I couldn't play Japanese games on it using the converters available at the time.  Ended up getting one chipped that's still sitting in my closet- they never did come anywhere near close to shrinking down hardware like that again.
Hmmmmyesss it's a PS2 and it's tiny.  :betty

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #3111 on: October 24, 2023, 03:59:54 PM »
Spider-man 2 is gud. Better than SM1 or Miles.

I don't think it is GOTY worthy in a year like 2023 but the traversal is a lot of fun. Finally have a game that outdoes Prototype in that department.

Arkham Asylum is still the GOAT but I think this is now the #2 best super hero game of all time.  8)

Bebpo

« Reply #3112 on: October 24, 2023, 10:20:19 PM »
I'm about 25% in and the praise it's getting I get it and don't get it  :doge

Traversal is amazing, the flying is really well integrated, loving moving around.
And everything in the game is fun enough when playing.

But everything is so shallow and repetitive, especially the combat which doesn't feel any better than the previous two games (and why do these games always have to have that one annoying enemy type - here the sniper enemies that hang on stuff everywhere), that I have fun when I play Spider-Man 2, but it's like that 8/10 kind of fun that after about an hour I'm good and turn it off and when I'm not playing I never feel the urge to boot it up.

It's a good game, but it's not fun enough that it's engaging me to keep playing and ignore life and responsibilities. Which means it's about an 8/10 so far.

Then again I'm still waiting for full on Venom to show up, so maybe the game will take off once Tony Todd starts busting out the Venom voice.

Also I find the sidequests kind of dull mostly. Like most are just listening to NPCs talk. Like the old man on the bench. And the molecule busting puzzle mini-game sucks, and the rest of the mini-games are fine but extremely shallow. Like the music mini-game was pretty pathetic.

Characters/story are good. Graphics good.

I just liked Ragnarok a lot more for 1st party Sony stuff because the combat was far more exciting and fun.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3113 on: October 25, 2023, 08:05:54 AM »
Spider-man 2 is gud. Better than SM1 or Miles.

I don't think it is GOTY worthy in a year like 2023 but the traversal is a lot of fun. Finally have a game that outdoes Prototype in that department.

Arkham Asylum is still the GOAT but I think this is now the #2 best super hero game of all time.  8)

Antitrop said it doesnt have the humor of the first game
What

Let's Cyber

« Reply #3114 on: October 25, 2023, 04:02:23 PM »

But everything is so shallow and repetitive, especially the combat which doesn't feel any better than the previous two games
What was your last main mission?

I thought the start of the game was very slow. I would have given it like a 7/10 after 8 hours. The story and combat pick up A LOT after a certain point. The boss fights are pretty challenging on Spectacular.
Antitrop said it doesnt have the humor of the first game
The beginning is mostly lighthearted when it comes to Peter and he still has his corny one-liners but the overall tone is much darker and serious. It was a tonal change based on the plot.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3115 on: October 25, 2023, 05:42:43 PM »
I miss this spiderman

What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3116 on: October 25, 2023, 05:50:18 PM »
The new PS5 model will reportedly require an Internet connection to use the disc drive.  Unsure if it's just for first time set up or if it's always needed.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #3117 on: October 25, 2023, 07:37:04 PM »

But everything is so shallow and repetitive, especially the combat which doesn't feel any better than the previous two games
What was your last main mission?

I thought the start of the game was very slow. I would have given it like a 7/10 after 8 hours. The story and combat pick up A LOT after a certain point. The boss fights are pretty challenging on Spectacular.

Last main mission I did was coney island stuff.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #3118 on: October 25, 2023, 08:22:31 PM »
Last main mission I did was coney island stuff.
Oh yeah, things will start to escalate. The 2nd and 3rd acts are a lot better imo.

Bebpo

« Reply #3119 on: October 25, 2023, 09:27:07 PM »
Cool, yeah as much as the walk and talk stuff is enjoyable, I wouldn't mind the game to get going a bit more to keep me interested.