Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 191509 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #2880 on: January 18, 2023, 04:11:07 AM »
Judas looks cool but I have no idea what kind of game it is.

It's supposed to be Ken Levine's spiritual succesor to System Shock 2/BioShock.

Himu

« Reply #2881 on: January 18, 2023, 04:16:01 AM »

open world?

Honestly it doesn't even matter. It looks too good and too creative to pass up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 04:34:19 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #2882 on: January 19, 2023, 04:12:12 PM »

:obama  Definitely a more solid launch lineup than PSVR1.  This is the calm before the Astrobot storm.  :hyper

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2883 on: January 19, 2023, 06:31:16 PM »
After what Facebook did to Oculus as a 'brand' there's really an opportunity for Sony to eat their lunch in the VR space.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #2884 on: January 19, 2023, 07:13:38 PM »
Having GT7 be the full game in VR is the only thing tempting me to get a PSVR2, but will still wait for Astrobot.

Also it's always made sense for GT7 to be the full game in VR. I mean it's a PS4 game, there's plenty of overhead to run it on PS5 with slightly toned down PS4 visuals in VR.

Svejk

« Reply #2885 on: January 19, 2023, 08:13:16 PM »
Having GT7 be the full game in VR is the only thing tempting me to get a PSVR2, but will still wait for Astrobot.

Also it's always made sense for GT7 to be the full game in VR. I mean it's a PS4 game, there's plenty of overhead to run it on PS5 with slightly toned down PS4 visuals in VR.
I'm not ready to bite just yet either.  Although I'm pretty hyped for RE8, I still want to see more.  No doubt Astrobot will seal the deal, but I'm still holding out in hopes that Bamco will update AC7 to be fully playable in VR.. it just needs to happen.  Especially after the success of Maverick last year.

paprikastaude

« Reply #2886 on: January 20, 2023, 05:59:38 AM »
So I guess Asobo will make a VR game?

They should make DLC for Astro's Playroom :stahp

VR :nope

Svejk

« Reply #2887 on: January 20, 2023, 07:41:49 AM »
So I guess Asobo will make a VR game?

They should make DLC for Astro's Playroom :stahp

VR :nope
I think they're doing more than both.  My guess is a Rescue Mission 2 (or a full-on remake of RM1) and also an epic scale Playroom style adventure.  We need more than just a Playroom DLC. 

Have you not had a chance to try Rescue Mission?  Hater of VR or no, it's something everyone should experience.  It's the most unique and creative 3D platformer to date.  You'll have a smile on your face the entire time.  Mario can't hold a candle to it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2888 on: January 20, 2023, 02:20:33 PM »
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2889 on: January 20, 2023, 03:02:18 PM »
Not going to consider the headset at all unless they add backwards compatibility for the VR games they released with the first one.  Sony and their bullshit can fucking kick rocks til then.

Svejk

« Reply #2890 on: January 20, 2023, 03:14:23 PM »
Not going to consider the headset at all unless they add backwards compatibility for the VR games they released with the first one.  Sony and their bullshit can fucking kick rocks til then.
It's not up to Sony, it's up to the devs, since the tech is completely different.  I hope more will follow suit and update their games to it... I can see them holding off to see how it performs sales-wise.  The price is a bit of a turn off.  Would really like to continue my Skyrim VR and DiRT campaigns on PSVR2.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2891 on: January 20, 2023, 03:44:22 PM »
I don't know enough about VR tech to really comment, so I'll just clarify that I'm not asking for the VR1 games to be upressed or remastered; I'm only asking that I can play them as-is (ugly old textures and all) on my PS5 with a VR2 headset, just as I can right now with the VR1 headset.  That I apparently cannot do that with the VR2 headset smacks of the same bullshit attitude they have had in the last couple years with legacy console support on PSN, so I've been assuming for those games they want me to double-dip for any re-releases.

Svejk

« Reply #2892 on: January 20, 2023, 05:52:24 PM »
I don't know enough about VR tech to really comment, so I'll just clarify that I'm not asking for the VR1 games to be upressed or remastered; I'm only asking that I can play them as-is (ugly old textures and all) on my PS5 with a VR2 headset, just as I can right now with the VR1 headset.  That I apparently cannot do that with the VR2 headset smacks of the same bullshit attitude they have had in the last couple years with legacy console support on PSN, so I've been assuming for those games they want me to double-dip for any re-releases.
I feel ya.  Yeah, I guess I'm just thankful certain games are being transferred/ported.  It's definitely not as bad of a sever as the jump from PS3 to PS4 was... Or 3DS to Switch.  I'm honestly shocked that the GT7 upgrade is free. lol

Polident Hive

« Reply #2893 on: January 20, 2023, 06:24:22 PM »
My whole hang up with VR is I see it as a display. But it’s its own platform across different vendors and generations. I understand the ways PSVR1 to PSVR2 are different, tracking and operation and all. Mentally I still see it as buying a new monitor.

I may invest in PSVR2 depending on how it plays with PCs. Idea I can’t play RE4 VR unless I invest in different headset is weird to me.

Svejk

« Reply #2894 on: January 20, 2023, 07:00:33 PM »
My whole hang up with VR is I see it as a display. But it’s its own platform across different vendors and generations. I understand the ways PSVR1 to PSVR2 are different, tracking and operation and all. Mentally I still see it as buying a new monitor.

I may invest in PSVR2 depending on how it plays with PCs. Idea I can’t play RE4 VR unless I invest in different headset is weird to me.
It currently doesn't look too promising.  :doge
https://www.roadtovr.com/psvr-2-no-steam-vr-support-compatible/

You reminded me that RE4 will have some VR intergration for PSVR2 as well.  The full game being playable in VR is most likely a no-go, but definitely curious what it'll be.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2895 on: January 20, 2023, 07:20:42 PM »

Okay yeah, that would be the one other way I'd entertain upgrading to a PSVR2: if I can use it with my PC without having to do software workarounds (official sony support would be ideal, but official steam support would be fine).

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2896 on: January 21, 2023, 04:55:41 AM »

open world?

Honestly it doesn't even matter. It looks too good and too creative to pass up.

Looks to be the kind of wide lineair System Shock and BioShock had. Big maps but lineair progression.

Polident Hive

« Reply #2897 on: January 26, 2023, 11:20:47 PM »
Added an SSD to mine and it’s relatively cheap and easy aside from PS5 quirks I forgot about. The stand loosely hanging off the back. Getting the covers off feeling like you’re about to snap it. New one I discovered, the external HDD can’t be used with the front USB plugs.

Svejk

« Reply #2898 on: January 27, 2023, 10:05:33 AM »
Added an SSD to mine and it’s relatively cheap and easy aside from PS5 quirks I forgot about. The stand loosely hanging off the back. Getting the covers off feeling like you’re about to snap it. New one I discovered, the external HDD can’t be used with the front USB plugs.
Yeah, the front USB being limited (I guess it's 2.0?) threw me off when setting up the PSVR.  Had to get a splitter for the back.  Works great with it now.

Bebpo

« Reply #2899 on: January 31, 2023, 12:34:02 AM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1620267792707760128

Yeah, they really over-estimated the consumer base that would be interested at that price. Like I get they wanted to make a premium quality product, but if they wanted to sell Oculus Quest 2 kinds of numbers, they needed to hit that Quest 2 kind of price (plus wireless if possible).

I just hope that PSVR2 bombing doesn't kill software support for it after a year. Probably won't pick one up for a few years until can tell if it'll be supported.

I wonder if they'll slash the price or if they're stuck because the components cost too much and they don't want to be taking massive losses on every unit sold.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2900 on: January 31, 2023, 01:26:35 AM »
I know I'm a broken record about this, but Sony could have ameliorated some of this had they come out the gate with either backwards compatibility for VR1 games or PC compatibility (as unlikely as that would have been).  I know there are other VR1 headset owners like myself who even despite reservations were for the most part onboard (even at the premium price-tag) as long as they could meet at least one of those criteria.

Svejk

« Reply #2901 on: January 31, 2023, 09:43:11 AM »
It's a shame, but their timing just kinda sucks.  They should've dropped it (with limited stock) for the holidays, or held the release till late Spring/early summer with more established; library and more BC updates prepped. 

Just did my taxes and was ready to drop down some for it, but just came back from the mechanic and will have to do around $1,200 worth of repairs.. :goty2  That definitely put me off of snagging one till maybe this next holiday.  Hopefully it'll drop at least $50 by then.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2902 on: January 31, 2023, 11:00:58 AM »
Bummer about the repairs, that really sucks.  Depending on how they handle things, by next holiday you may very well be able to pick one up on major discount or some kind of good bundle.

Svejk

« Reply #2903 on: January 31, 2023, 12:00:14 PM »
Bummer about the repairs, that really sucks.  Depending on how they handle things, by next holiday you may very well be able to pick one up on major discount or some kind of good bundle.
And hopefully something Astrobot!  :hyper

Bebpo

« Reply #2904 on: January 31, 2023, 03:07:24 PM »
It's really odd that after launching the PS5 w/Astrobot they didn't have ANY type of Astrobot ready for PSVR2 launch. Not even an updated port of the original.

It's like they were banking entirely on Horizon being this huge IP that would move hardware, but Astrobot >>>>>>>>>> Horizon.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2905 on: January 31, 2023, 03:10:34 PM »
Let's have Jumping Flash VR, put that new set through its paces and see if they can pull it off without making everyone vomit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:18:01 PM by Tuckers Law »

Svejk

« Reply #2906 on: February 02, 2023, 10:34:55 AM »

I may have to pick up GT7 now...  :whoo I would much prefer a rally game, but if this is that good, this could scratch that itch until a proper rally games comes to PSVR2.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2907 on: February 02, 2023, 07:01:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1620267792707760128

Yeah, they really over-estimated the consumer base that would be interested at that price. Like I get they wanted to make a premium quality product, but if they wanted to sell Oculus Quest 2 kinds of numbers, they needed to hit that Quest 2 kind of price (plus wireless if possible).

I just hope that PSVR2 bombing doesn't kill software support for it after a year. Probably won't pick one up for a few years until can tell if it'll be supported.

I wonder if they'll slash the price or if they're stuck because the components cost too much and they don't want to be taking massive losses on every unit sold.
Getting a PS5 to begin with has been difficult to say the least. The subset of people who have a PS5 and also want another ¥80,000 acessory for it is a truly slim overlap in a venn diagram.

Let's have Jumping Flash VR, put that new set through its paces and see if they can pull it off without making everyone vomit.
People will vomit.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2908 on: February 04, 2023, 07:50:53 AM »
I really wish Sony would have dropped this VR bullshit and stayed in the handheld realm.

:yeshrug

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2909 on: February 04, 2023, 10:21:20 AM »
I got a note that the free downloadable games on PS Plus is going away in May. Looks like I better get downloading…
🍆🍆

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2910 on: February 04, 2023, 11:10:40 AM »
I got a note that the free downloadable games on PS Plus is going away in May. Looks like I better get downloading…

You just have to add them to your library.
Margs

archnemesis

« Reply #2911 on: February 04, 2023, 11:14:13 AM »
It's the same with the monthly games. Adding them to your library is enough to keep them for as long as you pay for PS+.

Bebpo

« Reply #2912 on: February 04, 2023, 11:22:53 AM »
It's the same with the monthly games. Adding them to your library is enough to keep them for as long as you pay for PS+.

Nah, the PS collection that launched with PS5 is free forever once you add them to your library. You don't have to be subbed to PS+

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2913 on: February 04, 2023, 12:48:21 PM »

Nah, the PS collection that launched with PS5 is free forever once you add them to your library. You don't have to be subbed to PS+

Source? Pretty sure you need to be PS+ to play them

The whole point of PS+ collection was to a) get people to sub to that service and b) get over the fact that ps5 had no games
fat

Polident Hive

« Reply #2914 on: February 04, 2023, 11:57:44 PM »
Checked it myself just now. It’s asking to resub to PS Plus basic to play those games I redeemed. But at least it’s not like the PS gamepass tier where games come and go.

Bebpo

« Reply #2915 on: February 05, 2023, 02:43:32 AM »

Source? Pretty sure you need to be PS+ to play them

The whole point of PS+ collection was to a) get people to sub to that service and b) get over the fact that ps5 had no games

Checked it myself just now. It’s asking to resub to PS Plus basic to play those games I redeemed. But at least it’s not like the PS gamepass tier where games come and go.

Source was other forum posts lol, that sucks.

I thought the PS collection was basically a freebie for "thank you for buying a PS5, here's a bunch of good PS4 games for free". Didn't realize it required PS+ to activate them.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2916 on: February 06, 2023, 09:04:45 AM »
If anybody wants to try beta discord integration and VRR 1440p, here's a code

spoiler (click to show/hide)
KM6D-PBNR-392L
[close]

Redeem code, go to settings / system and choose beta update.
woke

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2917 on: February 12, 2023, 07:50:51 PM »
Uploaded a video of me beating the FF7R DLC superboss that I had saved on the console

fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2918 on: February 12, 2023, 11:08:45 PM »
FF7R battle system is so godlike. I'm so excited to play the sequel
fat

Svejk

« Reply #2919 on: February 15, 2023, 09:17:38 AM »

:lawd :mindblown :whoo

:mouf :ohyeah :dsp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2920 on: February 15, 2023, 06:21:29 PM »
Legend of Dragoon and Wild ARMs 2 hitting PSN this month

Nut
fat

Svejk

« Reply #2921 on: February 16, 2023, 08:41:09 AM »
PSVR 2 reviews all say it's a massive, true next gen leap over PSVR1.  Dammit I want one.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2922 on: February 16, 2023, 10:43:18 AM »
 :stahp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2923 on: February 16, 2023, 10:48:51 AM »
PSVR 2 reviews all say it's a massive, true next gen leap over PSVR1.  Dammit I want one.

Just wait a month until all the early adopters get bored and start dumping them.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2924 on: February 16, 2023, 12:39:34 PM »

What makes it good? Looks like your just spamming dodges and attacks.
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2925 on: February 16, 2023, 12:58:10 PM »
It's just fun. The video is specific strategy since it is the hardest boss in the entire game and not indicative of the overall combat
fat

Svejk

« Reply #2926 on: February 16, 2023, 02:43:00 PM »

What makes it good? Looks like your just spamming dodges and attacks.
Have you not tried it yet?  PSN had a demo.  It's a blast to play.   You can technically play it old school way, but it's much more gratifying and tense going all in.  Shit's good.

Svejk

« Reply #2927 on: February 17, 2023, 09:16:34 AM »

Nut
None of these are Alundra.   :hmph

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2928 on: February 19, 2023, 12:01:59 PM »
Forspoken is so fuckin mid, lol

Yet another generic open world game with checkboxes to cross off

Cool yet another "tower"

Cool yet another "village"

Cool yet another "cave"

I actually don't mind Frey, she's probably the most refreshing part of the game
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #2929 on: February 19, 2023, 12:49:24 PM »
Forspoken is so fuckin mid, lol

Yet another generic open world game with checkboxes to cross off

Cool yet another "tower"

Cool yet another "village"

Cool yet another "cave"

I actually don't mind Frey, she's probably the most refreshing part of the game

Yeah, it's disappointing since despite its shortcomings FF15 was a good "first sandbox rpg" for the team at SE. But seems like instead of doing an AC1 -> AC2 kind of improving it, they just stayed mid.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2930 on: February 19, 2023, 01:01:58 PM »
Not played it, but I thought Japanese devs were over chasing Western trends (which never works) and either doing their own thing or at least putting their own spin on the western formula. Forspoken just seems like an ubi clone.
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #2931 on: February 19, 2023, 01:12:21 PM »
It's always seemed to me a game where the creatives on the FF15 team left to work on more FF stuff and the rest of the team moved to Forspoken. So it's an FF sandbox without the creative talent which is why it comes across so bland.

paprikastaude

« Reply #2932 on: February 19, 2023, 02:16:28 PM »
Good to know that FF16 is not open world, though sadly that doesn't mean that it won't have generic checklist gamedesign.

Bebpo

« Reply #2933 on: February 19, 2023, 03:03:02 PM »
Good to know that FF16 is not open world, though sadly that doesn't mean that it won't have generic checklist gamedesign.

I think the structure is based on FF14/FF12 zones with DMC x arpg combat or something.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2934 on: February 19, 2023, 03:47:49 PM »
Thats what it looks like, which is for the best imo. Standard open worlds don't really work for a JRPG imo, I prefer them to be a globe trotting romp (Persona aside).
(ice)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2935 on: February 21, 2023, 11:13:19 AM »

Nut

Fuck the haters, Dragoon ruled. Hope it does well and we can get a sequel.
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #2936 on: February 21, 2023, 11:41:54 AM »
Thats what it looks like, which is for the best imo. Standard open worlds don't really work for a JRPG imo, I prefer them to be a globe trotting romp (Persona aside).
Dragon's Dogma begs to differ.  The greatest of all examples that a Western influenced JRPG can be spectacular... in the right hands of course. 

Itsuno will deliver once again on a level we're not ready for.  :rejoice :lawd :salute

Svejk

« Reply #2937 on: February 21, 2023, 02:16:56 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2938 on: February 22, 2023, 09:32:31 AM »
Capcom will release the PlayStation VR2-supported virtual reality mode for the PlayStation 5 version of the Resident Evil 4 remake as free downloadable content, the company announced.

“The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 has begun development! Please look forward to more details in the future!” reads a tweet from the official Resident Evil Twitter account.

“The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 will be released as free downloadable content for PlayStation 5 / PlayStation VR2,” reads a follow-up tweet.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2939 on: February 22, 2023, 05:01:20 PM »
Capcom will release the PlayStation VR2-supported virtual reality mode for the PlayStation 5 version of the Resident Evil 4 remake as free downloadable content, the company announced.

“The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 has begun development! Please look forward to more details in the future!” reads a tweet from the official Resident Evil Twitter account.

“The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 will be released as free downloadable content for PlayStation 5 / PlayStation VR2,” reads a follow-up tweet.
:dsp