Author Topic: Microsoft Bought Bethesda  (Read 14999 times)

nudemacusers

Re: Microsoft Bought Bethesda
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2020, 06:43:08 PM »
sega is safe. microsoft is, after all, trying to increase the value of their first party.  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

paprikastaude

« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2020, 06:57:13 PM »
Sega's already given away all their IP to random indies anyway. :doge

Also, can they kill bethesda.net or whatever it is called they increasingly wanted you to log into?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2020, 07:00:29 PM »
I don’t want them too, but do think they could use a Japanese developer for some diversity.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2020, 07:07:56 PM »
I don’t want them too, but do think they could use a Japanese developer for some diversity.

They've got one now: Tango Gameworks, Shinji Mikami's studio.
dog

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2020, 07:19:05 PM »

They've got one now: Tango Gameworks, Shinji Mikami's studio.

:stahp
Margs

Rahxephon91

« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »
Well I meant like a good Japanese studio. I liked Evil Within 2 well enough, but on a whole they’ve been pretty disappointing. And 2 was pretty western looking anyway.

But this also puts a spotlight and why none of this is exciting. Bethesda was not hurting. This studios like Tango and Arkham really weren’t. They were still making games. Elder Scrolls were still coming. This does nothing other then give Xbox more games that already were going to exist. It’s boring. Buying someone like Grasshopper who really has floundered during the PS4 gen while their output during the PS3 gen was plentiful, would be amazing. It would tell me “now their projects are going to get support and funding, they are really going to be able to make some great things for the Xbox”. Like when MS bought Obsidian. The reaction was “oh shit now they don’t have to worry about being closed! They can focus on their projects.”

Like this purchase does absolutely nothing for me.

paprikastaude

« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2020, 07:26:51 PM »
The only thing from Bethesda I'm interested in is whether Mikami can produce a great game again. I've literally bought only four Bethesda games in my life and of those just Doom 16 was great. But I'm not dumb enough to act like this isn't 'objectively' big news, as everybody loves that trash TES and Gamepass got another big boost in changing the industry.

nudemacusers

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2020, 07:30:03 PM »
endless TES  trash :rejoice
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2020, 07:43:20 PM »
New Vegas Old World Blues on game pass :rejoice

itm

Bebpo

« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »
New Vegas Old World Blues on game pass :rejoice

(Image removed from quote.)

I was curious about back catalog since I want Doom Eternal for free. And going by Obsidian, which MS bought and owns.

-Pillars 2 not on game pass (published by Obsidian & Paradox, but I think Obsidian has the rights)
-Tyranny not on game pass (but published by Paradox)
-Pillars 1 on game pass but DLC costs a lot for expansion

So it doesn't look like old games by publishers/developers bought are necessarily put on game pass, just games going forward. Though they could always add them, but doesn't look like that's a high priority.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2020, 10:36:15 PM »
I don't want to engage in a future where corporate consolidation is this vicious. I have been saying for MONTHS now that publisher lockdowns like this are extremely bad for the industry REGARDLESS of who engages in them, and I don't want to be a part of it.

I also don't want to spend over a thousand dollars on multiple consoles just because of a bunch of buyouts that lock games off from one platform without providing any new value to the other.

It's just not a business I want to feed into financially or emotionally. I'm beaten down and exhausted and tired of this generation already and the consoles aren't even on shelves yet.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2020, 10:41:26 PM »
Since we're playing FantasyFootball now, i wonder if MS would be in the market for BandaiNamco, or maybe they're not worth the expense.
As far as Japanese publishers/developers go, i think it'd be the best acquisition for them, a ton of massive IPs, good hold on both East and West, plenty of good developers. :thinking
Only other one is Capcom, but that's hard to even envision.

SquareEnix seems like a sinking ship to me, i don't see the value in getting them, tbh.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2020, 10:45:52 PM »
I don't think Scamdai-Namco are in a position where they need to be bought.

Square only has the Eidos side making hits (and those are flopping a bit because they wont' let teams do shit thanks for the Marvel license: Thanks for killing Dude Sex, Square. Assholes). Square themselves are a total shit-show that only has Kingdom Hearts saving them (unless Devil May Phoenix Down/FF16 is *gasp* good for once since the PS2 gen died). Enix has never been popular in the west.

Capcom is in the poor-house, but I don't think they'd necessarily give their ass to Microsoft. They seem pretty keen to be on many platforms, hits/flops be damned.

benjipwns

« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2020, 10:46:06 PM »
Here is my two-cent take on Game Pass or tbh any game subscription for that matter, and from the perspective of game developers. I’m not a developer but hopefully we will be able to hear the reaction of developers on this subject in one way or another.

Disclaimer: I can understand that Game Pass makes a great value for consumers and this is a given, nobody is arguing about that. The point here is what about the reaction of game developers? Personally, if I were a game developer, I'd feel that any subscription model kinda cheapens the game I work on. We can't deny that we all see the joy by developers when they're about to reveal their games, or when they track the number of preorders, or when they announce the number of copies sold in the early few days etc. Mentally it may have a big effect, developers may start working on DLCs or expansions, or maybe start working on new IPs as a reaction, but with this model, all of that excitement is basically gone. I’m a web designer and I understand the effect of physiological state on any creative work

You might work on a game for 5 or so years only to see it thrown into a jar of tens (or hundreds?) of games, and you will never know if the people played your game did it only b/c they already subscribed to the service, or just randomly came across your game to try it out, or subscribed specifically to play it or whatever other scenario, the idea is you will never know. You will just go ahead and start working on the next project. You simply turn into a machine for better or for worse.

This is my take on basically subscription services in games or other mediums and I'm very curious to see if anyone has a similar feeling, and again this is from the perspective of people who MAKE the games not you who PLAY it?

benjipwns

« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2020, 10:53:54 PM »
So now Game Pass fans are searching for a way to tell full price fans that Game Pass is superior.

It is so SAD.
People just enjoy the Fucking Games.

Besides this battle was started by MICROSOFT FANS the day that GIF (the people running to play Halo) was aired.

In reality Game Pass never never NEVER had a single chance to defeat FULL PRICE.

And $70 always be superior to $1.

Game Pass is business.
FULL PRICE IS ART.

Coax

« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2020, 12:11:00 AM »
Wonder if this will spell the end of Bethesda published games arriving on GOG after a period. At least InXile's games are still being released there post-acquisition but I wonder about AAA titles.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:35 AM »
thought benji was having an aneursym before i realised it was resetera fanboy derangement posts  :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2020, 12:43:30 AM »
Wonder if this will spell the end of Bethesda published games arriving on GOG after a period. At least InXile's games are still being released there post-acquisition but I wonder about AAA titles.

I don't see why it would.

paprikastaude

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2020, 10:17:27 AM »
I guess if you like wrpg you need an xbox.

They buy CDProject Red then I start shooting.

I just realized they now own 2/4 of the big western rpg studios. Bethesda and Obsidian. And Bioware is owned (and was gutted) by EA... so who's left? CDProjekt and...? The Shadowrun guys?
^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2020, 10:35:52 AM »
inXile, the Wasteland 2 and 3 devs, are also Microsoft owned.

Maybe they could try and get Larian. (Divinity games.)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2020, 02:54:51 PM »
Hairbrained [the Shadowrun devs] are owned by Paradox.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2020, 04:20:47 PM »
Microsoft CEO Nadella: ZeniMax/Bethesda acquisition is "all about future of software", will consider buying even more video game companies in future

fat

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2020, 04:22:20 PM »
Microsoft CEO Nadella: ZeniMax/Bethesda acquisition is "all about future of software", will consider buying even more video game companies in future

OH!

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
They know game pass is the shit :rejoice
(ice)

mormapope

« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2020, 05:10:36 PM »
I'm half expecting FromSoftware to be acquired very soon at this rate.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2020, 05:16:26 PM »
I mean I guess they could be but Kadokawa already acquired From last generation. So they aren’t an independent developer.

Nuitangg

« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2020, 05:17:43 PM »
If Microsoft buys From. The meltdowns  :rejoice

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2020, 05:20:41 PM »
We could get a preview just from memeing it into (Non)existence in this thread tbf
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2020, 05:30:03 PM »
I'm thinking that once Microsoft starts buying stuff in Japan like SEGA we're off to the races.
Nintendo is sitting on a fuck ton of cash and they're not going to let Microsoft pick away at their partner developers.
These certainly are interesting times.

Microsoft
SEGA
SNK‎
+ whatever else they can gobble up of any value, maybe Atlus as they're close with SEGA

Sony
Square Enix  (or remains independent and starts a buying spree of their own, but I can't see SE pick MS over Sony no matter how much money they throw at them, Nintendo could also be a contender)
Capcom (Nintendo could be a contender but again, I think Capcom would prefer Sony if they can't stay independent)
From Software
The husk of Konami
+ a whole bunch of smaller devs

Nintendo
Namco Bandai (Nintendo simply can't do without their development muscle and last time Nintendo tried they basically settled on selling them Monolith Software)
Koei Tecmo (now integrated into the Zelda and Fire Emblem franchises)
Platinum Games
Level-5
+ a whole bunch of smaller devs like Grasshopper and Natsume if push came to shove

The fact is that Nintendo and Sony are much wealthier companies than most of these acquisition targets and if it was Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony, Japanese companies would more likely pick the latter two.
For Microsoft SEGA and SNK make sense as a purchase for the back catalog of games and would probably be fairly cheap compared to something like Bethesda.
In fact, Sammy might just sell the video game business to them for a load of cash and keep the Pachinko's.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2020, 05:32:14 PM »
That’s a nightmare.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »
The potential for 1 billion is definitely there. But I don't see people subbing for just xcloud. Mostly all subs will own an Xbox device. So if he was hoping that number would be held up by exclusively mobile users, I think he's dreaming.

I had near zero interest in either of the """next gen""" consoles, but ngl, booking into a £20 a month 'all in' sub for 2 years and getting the console 'free' is a pretty decent value proposition

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2020, 05:36:38 PM »
It wouldn't be worth anyone's time to buy Konami, right? You'd basically just be buying their IPs. Not sure what the remaining Koji Pro people who worked on Metal Gear Survive are doing but I can't imagine that team is very large.

It would be in everyone's best interest for Capcom to stay independent.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2020, 05:37:19 PM »
That’s a nightmare.
I think it'll take years for the process to complete depending on market trends.
Like Microsoft could move on SEGA as soon as tomorrow and Nintendo would probably move quickly to buy Namco Bandai or take a big enough stake so it stays in their lane.
For Sony Capcom would be logical first step.

Sony more than anyone knows what Disney did with the movie market. So they've seen what the type of aggressive moves from Microsoft will end up like.
Nintendo just wants to secure their own turf as they've always done.

Square Enix is the wildcard here. They could start expanding themselves and become one of the big ones.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2020, 05:38:41 PM »
It’s in everyone’s best interests if most of these things stay independent.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2020, 05:39:09 PM »
It's fucking crazy we're even having these discussions.  :lol

In the span of a day the entire 3rd party industry looks like a buffet. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2020, 05:45:04 PM »
It wouldn't be worth anyone's time to buy Konami, right? You'd basically just be buying their IPs. Not sure what the remaining Koji Pro people who worked on Metal Gear Survive are doing but I can't imagine that team is very large.

Arguably the same is true for Bethesda and I'm not sure the Capcom shareholders would resist if a company they've been friendly with for decades and that helped them build much of their success with Resident Evil and Monster Hunter would wave money at them.
Capcom would probably prefer to be part of PlayStation rather than Microsoft or Nintendo.

But what IP? What do you do with Contra or Castlevania that isn't just a remaster? They try to make a new Contra every 10 years or so and its terrible. They made all of those garbage Symphony rip offs on the 3ds that soured the ground for any future Castlevania releases.

As much as I love Silent Hill, there's no market for it.
Konami indeed has some IP's that have value but they also have other business ventures in Japan that Sony might keep running if they are profitable enough. As Sony runs many such side businesses anyway.
Microsoft would buy them for the back catalog an the IP's.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2020, 06:00:38 PM »

Arguably the same is true for Bethesda and I'm not sure the Capcom shareholders would resist if a company they've been friendly with for decades and that helped them build much of their success with Resident Evil and Monster Hunter would wave money at them.
Capcom would probably prefer to be part of PlayStation rather than Microsoft or Nintendo.

I'm sure they'd prefer to be with whatever company offered them the most money.

And MH is very much a Nintendo game more than a Sony game.
I think that Nintendo would not be that interested in Street Fighter,
In fact I expect all their buys to be 'defensive' like Koei Tecmo and Namco Bandai rather than offensive.

They can afford to lose Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and Street Fighter (the latter two skip their machines anyway), but they probably don't want to lose the team that develops Smash Bros. and helps out with other titles.
Sony could also end up with Namco Bandai and Nintendo with just Koei Tecmo if it turns into a bidding war of sorts. After all for Sony regaining Tekken, Ace Combat and the likes as exclusives would be a big get.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »
The potential for 1 billion is definitely there. But I don't see people subbing for just xcloud. Mostly all subs will own an Xbox device. So if he was hoping that number would be held up by exclusively mobile users, I think he's dreaming.

I had near zero interest in either of the """next gen""" consoles, but ngl, booking into a £20 a month 'all in' sub for 2 years and getting the console 'free' is a pretty decent value proposition
The "all access" thing is like $20 a month more than GamePass Ultimate.. you aren't getting a "free" console lol  Or are you talking about xCloud?

Fifstar

« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2020, 06:28:46 PM »

The "all access" thing is like $20 a month more than GamePass Ultimate.. you aren't getting a "free" console lol  Or are you talking about xCloud?

(Image removed from quote.)

You safe like 40 pounds. Not that great considering you are locked into a plan for 2 years plus the gold with 1 quid conversion to ultimate is probably a better deal anyway. Far from you get the console for free anyway.
Gulp

mormapope

« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2020, 06:42:31 PM »
Microsoft buying Sega, Persona 3 + 4 + 5 on game pass, Persona 6 exclusive to Xbox.

The salt

OH!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »
You safe like 40 pounds. Not that great considering you are locked into a plan for 2 years plus the gold with 1 quid conversion to ultimate is probably a better deal anyway. Far from you get the console for free anyway.

ymmv, people who do not have an xbox one and are not currently subscribed to gold or gamepass - which lets face it, is the majority this gen - are being offered the gamepass sub with its rolling rentals on Xbox and on PC (and potentially mobile), an XBL sub and its however many monthly freebies, and an EA play sub, AND a brand new console to play all of that on for a £20 a month sub, which like I said is a pretty strong value proposition.

Like Fifstar said it's a discount over 2 years of the Xbox + the "monthly price" for Gamepass Ultimate... but it's like a few months free of GamePass at best math wise, not a "free console."

Yes, thank you riotous, I understand how marketing works which is why I used apostrophes around the word free to signify air quotes, to illustrate that I do not actually consider it free although that is how it is being portrayed in its marketing, for the exact same reasons when you buy a new phone contract and get a 'free' phone you are actually ameliorating your purchase of that phone over the course of the contract, or how when you purchase a buy two get one 'free' deal at a supermarket you are actually buying three things at a 1/3 discount.

::)

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2020, 06:59:08 PM »
well, if you can't develop just buy someone who can

nudemacusers

« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2020, 07:00:50 PM »
isn't that basically what you do when you hire talent tho? :thinking
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2020, 07:03:57 PM »
isn't that basically what you do when you hire talent tho? :thinking

:hmm

Fifstar

« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2020, 01:12:34 PM »

ymmv, people who do not have an xbox one and are not currently subscribed to gold or gamepass - which lets face it, is the majority this gen - are being offered the gamepass sub with its rolling rentals on Xbox and on PC (and potentially mobile), an XBL sub and its however many monthly freebies, and an EA play sub, AND a brand new console to play all of that on for a £20 a month sub, which like I said is a pretty strong value proposition.

Like Fifstar said it's a discount over 2 years of the Xbox + the "monthly price" for Gamepass Ultimate... but it's like a few months free of GamePass at best math wise, not a "free console."

Yes, thank you riotous, I understand how marketing works which is why I used apostrophes around the word free to signify air quotes, to illustrate that I do not actually consider it free although that is how it is being portrayed in its marketing, for the exact same reasons when you buy a new phone contract and get a 'free' phone you are actually ameliorating your purchase of that phone over the course of the contract, or how when you purchase a buy two get one 'free' deal at a supermarket you are actually buying three things at a 1/3 discount.

::)

Series S plus Gamepass is indeed fantastic value, but irrespective of Xbox All Access. It gives you a discount of about 8% and you don't need to pay the system upfront, but it also locks you into a total spent of 500 quid.
If you do the gold plus ultimate conversion trick you can get a Series S with Gamepass Ultimate for 3 years for a total of 350 pounds. So longer and better gamepass for way less than All Access - with this deal you actually *do* get the system for free. This has nothing to do with being an existing customer of the Xbox ecosystem btw. You do have to jump through more hoops than with AA and this deal probably won't exist for much longer though.

Don't think the comparison to phone contracts really holds water either. Until a couple years ago you regularly could save 30-40% on the phone with a contract. A far cry from the amount you save with AA.
Gulp

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »

Series S plus Gamepass is indeed fantastic value, but irrespective of Xbox All Access. It gives you a discount of about 8% and you don't need to pay the system upfront, but it also locks you into a total spent of 500 quid.
If you do the gold plus ultimate conversion trick you can get a Series S with Gamepass Ultimate for 3 years for a total of 350 pounds. So longer and better gamepass for way less than All Access - with this deal you actually *do* get the system for free. This has nothing to do with being an existing customer of the Xbox ecosystem btw. You do have to jump through more hoops than with AA and this deal probably won't exist for much longer though.

Don't think the comparison to phone contracts really holds water either. Until a couple years ago you regularly could save 30-40% on the phone with a contract. A far cry from the amount you save with AA.

This obviously isn't targetting the delboys from HotUkDEals who are buying 3 years worth of Brazilian XBL then upgrading for a pound and then dropping the cash to buy an XbX outright. It's targetting people that just go into a 3 or O2 store, and the business model is exactly the same - right down to at the end of that 2 year contract you're eligible for a free upgrade to your handset console.

Which would just coincidentally be about the time frame for MS to release an Xbox X EX 1 X One (or whatever confusing naming scheme they've decided on continuing) mid gen refresh, dropping the current X series down to their baseline console and giving those out to current S purchasers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2020, 03:26:35 PM »
I'm not sure if mid gen refreshes are coming that soon.
I expect it'll be a while and they first want manufacturing costs down and yields up.
The yields on the PS5/XSX SoC's are pretty lousy from what I understand.
🤴

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2020, 03:39:44 PM »
Wow who is your source nintex

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2020, 04:58:05 PM »
I'm not sure if mid gen refreshes are coming that soon.
I expect it'll be a while and they first want manufacturing costs down and yields up.
The yields on the PS5/XSX SoC's are pretty lousy from what I understand.
Oh so around 3-4 years into the gen, which would be a  ...mid gen refresh?
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2020, 06:59:16 PM »
Wow who is your source nintex
TSMC reportedly has yields as low as 58% on their 7nm process.

https://twitter.com/chiakokhua/status/1308216251177512960

From what I gathered over the last few months yields on PS5, XSX and Big Navi are below average.
Chip makers expect a shortage of these things until Mid 2021.
🤴

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2020, 11:33:49 PM »
Forget mid-gen refreshes, I'm skeptical that they'll even make a slim model of these consoles.

The node shrinks are taking longer and longer to achieve and you can't really make the consoles smaller or more powerful for a given price until that happens.

For reference:
  • PS2: 250nm -> 65nm
  • PS3/360: 90nm -> 28nm (45nm for 360)
  • PS4/X1: 28nm -> 16nm

It seems unlikely this gen of consoles will go on a diet or hit the gym.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2020, 01:04:53 PM »
But what IP?
Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill.
What do you do with Contra or Castlevania that isn't just a remaster?
Create new games.   
They made all of those garbage Symphony rip offs on the 3ds that soured the ground for any future Castlevania releases.
breh what? Did you not see the thirst for Bloodstained? A retro Castlevania could do super well but the series is begging to be modernized too. Castlevania is also still relatively high profile thanks to the Netflix series + inclusion in Smash.   

Streets of Rage was dead as a doornail as far a franchise goes. The new one sold over 1.5 million because it was good.

These old franchises carry weight and nostalgia with gamers, they will generate interest and hype if it's clear time and effort is put into the product.
As much as I love Silent Hill, there's no market for it.
I don't even know what this means.  :lol  It made a huge stink when Konami killed Silent Hills. Do you think there isn't a market for horror games anymore?

Svejk

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2020, 01:12:57 PM »
These old franchises carry weight and nostalgia with gamers, they will generate interest and hype if it's clear time and effort is put into the product.
I want a sequel to Shattered Soldier so bad it's not even funny. :dsp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2020, 01:18:34 PM »

Didn't we get this already with Contra IV and Rebirth?  Plus there's Hard Corps Uprising.

And have you played Blazing Chrome yet?  PLAY BLAZING CHROME
:ufup
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »

Didn't we get this already with Contra IV and Rebirth?  Plus there's Hard Corps Uprising.

And have you played Blazing Chrome yet?  PLAY BLAZING CHROME
:ufup
Contra IV needs to be redone to not be plagued by the dreaded DS split screen.  Game was great otherwise... Haven't tried Rebirth yet, but have it downloaded somewhere...
Not sure why Hard Corps Uprising has been re-ported to everything and 4K-a-fied... (unless it has and I don't know about it)  Would like it on my PS, tbph.
And no, I haven't played Blazing Chrome yet.  Have it in my wishlist in both PSN and Steam, just haven't wanted to drop the skrilla for it.

I want Shattered Soldier follow up, because it stood out to me, not only of the style of 2.5D, but it had a dark, hardcore, death metal grindhouse vibe going for it. 
Playing it was like..
all the way.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2020, 01:38:48 PM »

And no, I haven't played Blazing Chrome yet.  Have it in my wishlist in both PSN and Steam, just haven't wanted to drop the skrilla for it.

:notlikethis
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2020, 07:35:10 PM »
Not sure why Hard Corps Uprising has been re-ported to everything and 4K-a-fied...
Now I wanna play this again.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »
You can, thanks to Xbox One BC! Wow!

Thanks Microsoft! #ad

Buy it today!

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Hard-Corps-Uprising/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a18

Sorry PlayStation, maybe next time
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:37:12 PM by demi »
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2020, 08:47:55 PM »
You can always emulate it!

ど助平