Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 323283 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Damnit Barrack

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
How did a white person also end up with Barrack as a name? We need to get to the bottom of this
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Barrack's grandparents were Lebanese Christians who immigrated in 1900 to the United States from Zahlé, Lebanon.
©@©™

james

Barrack's grandparents were Lebanese Christians who immigrated in 1900 to the United States from Zahlé, Lebanon.

I want to see his birth certificate

The long-form one

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

Uncle

• Have You Ever
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1417592852759007236

"Mr. President, a brief question from CBS News...what is your administration's stance on the use of drone strikes against enemy combatants?"

"Well first of all this is a violation of my Miranda rights, since anything I say can and will be used against me in a court of law"
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

I got into a disqus back and forth with someone stating this as well. :snoop to me

chronovore

• relapsed dev
She is just so stunningly, overwhelmingly ignorant. It’s not even a matter of being disingenuous, she’s just stupid. HIPAA regulations don’t prevent anyone from asking you anything, it prevents them from having access to your records.

Answer the fucking question.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 12:17:12 AM by Skullfuckers Anonymous »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1418272522219532295

"Tell the boys from the newspapers we're not lifting any junctions Jen" :biden
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

oh shi
🤴

benjipwns

https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/status/1418329640318472192

https://twitter.com/kellymakena/status/1418271156151390208

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/22/22588903/covid19-misinformation-section-230-facebook-joe-biden-white-house
Democratic senators are introducing a new bill Thursday that would strip away Facebook and other social media platforms’ Section 230 liability shield if they amplify harmful public health misinformation.

The Health Misinformation Act, introduced by Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Ben Ray Luján (D-NM) Thursday, would create a carveout in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act opening social media platforms like Facebook up to lawsuits for hosting some dangerous health misinformation. The bill directs the Health and Human Services secretary to issue guidelines on what should be classified as “health misinformation.”

I warned ya'll, Section 230 would be targeted first because of these idiots. The state wants nothing more than to monopolize the entire social media sector and as much of the internet as possible under its permanent control in a few large corporations.

“For far too long, online platforms have not done enough to protect the health of Americans. These are some of the biggest, richest companies in the world and they must do more to prevent the spread of deadly vaccine misinformation,” Klobuchar said in a statement Thursday.
:karen

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
(Image removed from quote.)

oh shi

One last wacky caper with the boys #neverforget  :playa
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
If a newspaper allowed a bunch of crazy conspiracy theories and dangerous health misinformation to be printed in its letters to the editor section, then people would be rightly outraged. Why is Facebook any different?
Spud

benjipwns

If a newspaper allowed a bunch of crazy conspiracy theories and dangerous health misinformation to be printed in its letters to the editor section, then people would be rightly outraged. Why is Facebook any different?
This is exactly the point, it's not any different. Both are protected speech and the state is not empowered to restrict it. It's part of the First Amendment protections. Section 230 repeals is an attempt to end run around the First Amendment by lawsuit. (But probably not against Facebook!)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Those sort of laws only affect your friendly neighbourhood mom & pop message boards.

Facebook, Google and all have been wanting the same thing for years.
You don't access the internet, you access the internet through their platform and their curated content and they're pretty close to achieving that goal.

The Wuhan lab leak and Huntey's laptop have already shown how dangerous it is if social-media becomes the arbiter of truth.
But there already was a precedent for this with the Arab Spring protests and the likes.
Silicon Valley soyboy's deciding what type of government Egypt should have and in the power vacuum accidentally sliding the Muslim brotherhood into power.

We're rapidly moving towards a restricted society like the Chinese have because it fascinates the bureaucrats and makes things 'easier', except in our case it'll be the likes of Zuckerberg and Schwab behind the controls of the state machinery.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/status/1418329640318472192

https://twitter.com/kellymakena/status/1418271156151390208

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/22/22588903/covid19-misinformation-section-230-facebook-joe-biden-white-house
Democratic senators are introducing a new bill Thursday that would strip away Facebook and other social media platforms’ Section 230 liability shield if they amplify harmful public health misinformation.

The Health Misinformation Act, introduced by Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Ben Ray Luján (D-NM) Thursday, would create a carveout in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act opening social media platforms like Facebook up to lawsuits for hosting some dangerous health misinformation. The bill directs the Health and Human Services secretary to issue guidelines on what should be classified as “health misinformation.”

I warned ya'll, Section 230 would be targeted first because of these idiots. The state wants nothing more than to monopolize the entire social media sector and as much of the internet as possible under its permanent control in a few large corporations.

“For far too long, online platforms have not done enough to protect the health of Americans. These are some of the biggest, richest companies in the world and they must do more to prevent the spread of deadly vaccine misinformation,” Klobuchar said in a statement Thursday.
:karen

To be fair, Facebook and Twitter deserve to be shot into the sun.
dog

benjipwns

Problem is they don't want to shoot them into the sun, they want to cement them as sanitized and controlled institutions.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Problem is they don't want to shoot them into the sun, they want to cement them as sanitized and controlled institutions.
Yep, FB would be an utility like gas and water
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Those sort of laws only affect your friendly neighbourhood mom & pop message boards.

Facebook, Google and all have been wanting the same thing for years.
You don't access the internet, you access the internet through their platform and their curated content and they're pretty close to achieving that goal.

The Wuhan lab leak and Huntey's laptop have already shown how dangerous it is if social-media becomes the arbiter of truth.
But there already was a precedent for this with the Arab Spring protests and the likes.
Silicon Valley soyboy's deciding what type of government Egypt should have and in the power vacuum accidentally sliding the Muslim brotherhood into power.

We're rapidly moving towards a restricted society like the Chinese have because it fascinates the bureaucrats and makes things 'easier', except in our case it'll be the likes of Zuckerberg and Schwab behind the controls of the state machinery.

yep, facebook and google have powerful AI technology that could remove "harmful misinformation" on an automated basis, smaller sites can't afford this and would have to manually remove every post, or else lose 230 protections and be litigated into oblivion

even woke resetera, which has banned people for spreading false covid theories and medical misinformation, has still technically left those posts intact on the site where someone could theoretically read them and be influenced to believe them, "they banned this guy for speaking the truth"

they would probably have to go back and delete them all manually...
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
edit: issue is a little more complicated than what I had posted here before

instead I offer you a glimpse into a dark future:

trump is re-elected in 2024

a new pandemic rages, but trump has installed his own loyalists into governmental medical positions

his doctors say that directing the public to wear masks is harmful misinformation, and any sites that spread this lie will lose their section 230 protections

:idont
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:22:49 AM by Uncle »
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The year is 2024, 230 protections are gone. AI's are sweeping through your Twitter and post histories.
People get cancelled left and right, workers, politicans, actors, artists.... "I don't recall ever using NeoPets" they say
"It was just a joke when we played HALO in high school to call eachother gay and teabag".

President Kamala laughs and keeps repeating the phrase: "Your actions have consequences" and "It is no joke, racism and sexism are not a joke"
The woke the world over are applauding Kamala's bold stance against hatred, bigotry and racism. Entire TV networks dissapear from the air unable to keep operating and find new staff.
"They finally get what they deserve" shouts John Oliver in jubilation. "Maybe we should just send them to Mars and save the climate too!" he jokes.
A furry in the audience shouts: "KILL THEM!". "No, no" John says, "not here Nep, we keep that for the extended YouTube cut that they can't see".

Just as the workers exit the Amazon Re-education through Labor centers to go home to their climate neutral tent city a column of black SUV's pulls up next to the sign that counts down the $10 trillion sum the United States still owes to cover the reparations for the short but decisive Taiwan conflict.
The door of one of the vehicles opens and the faint 80's rock music from inside the car gets louder. The workers can barely open their eyes as the blistering sun is reflected in the solar panels that surround them.
Their ears still ringing from the constant noise of windmills powering their prison and their stomachs aching from eating the soy-based sludge imported from China they now have to call food.
"Do you think they're here to free us?" one wonders, "Not a chance in heck, you still haven't gotten your smartphone back and you never will". "Surely I'll get it once I complete the diversity and inclusivity course!"
"We need to cough up $10 trillion first, which means either donating our $3 paycheck or not eating anything". "Maybe if someone else got elected... but no conservatives are allowed to campaign on TV or the internet. Was the election yesterday, I can't remember" 

As the men debate their situation the visitor wanders towards them slow but determined until he stops and only a fence seperates him from the gathered crowd frozen in shock.
He towers above them, snorts, shakes his head and finally says: "Get up losers, it's time to vote and make America great Again!".
🤴

benjipwns

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:37:54 PM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1418314436591374339

The comments to this are glorious and 4chan was right

You got what you wanted ladies you can die in a ditch in... you know... the country... the place... the place where the sand is :biden
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
 :karen we need a strong Republican party

The Republican Party

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1419068769020882953

Cry more lib, Trump is still president
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:17:38 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

:karen we need a strong Republican party

The Republican Party

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1419068769020882953

Cry more lib, Trump is still president

Little know fact: Presidents are presidents for life. After every new elected president they become head of the shadow government. The only exception is if they are removed or resign.

:tinfoil

benjipwns

https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/24/senate-candidate-blasts-childless-left-who-have-no-physical-commitment-to-the-future-of-this-country/
J.D. Vance, a U.S. Senate candidate from Ohio, called out the “childless left” whom he said have “no physical commitment to the future of this country” in a fiery speech given to the Intercollegiate Studies Institute’s conference on the Future of American Political Economy.

Senate candidate, former Marine, and author of “Hillbilly Elegy,” Vance specifically named Vice President Kamala Harris, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, and transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (three of whom are failed presidential candidates), citing them as the childless future leaders of the Democrat Party. “Why is this just a normal fact of …  life, for the leaders of our country to be people who don’t have a personal and direct stake in it via their own offspring?”

“The Democrats are talking about giving the vote to 16-year-olds,” Vance noted. “Let’s do this instead. Let’s give votes to all children in this country, but let’s give control over those votes to the parents of the children.” He continued, asking, “Doesn’t this mean that nonparents don’t have as much of a voice as parents? Doesn’t this mean that parents get a bigger say in how democracy functions?” He answered with a simple “yes” after saying “the Atlantic and the Washington Post and all the usual suspects” would criticize him.

“We should worry that in America, family formation, our birth rates, a ton of indicators of family health have collapsed,” the candidate said, highlighting the severity of America’s ongoing fertility crisis and calling it a “civilizational crisis.”

Vance spoke fondly of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s pro-natal policies, explaining that “they offer loans to newly married couples that are forgiven at some point later if those couples have actually stayed together and had kids.”

“Why can’t we do that here?” Vance asked. “Why can’t we actually promote family formation?”

Which the breeders on Fox and Friends Sunday took up:

Co-host Pete Hegseth pointed out that fellow co-host Rachel Campos-Duffy would get nine votes because she has nine children.

"I don't know about that solution, that seems not feasible," Campos-Duffy said. "But I will say that I agree with the premise of it, that it is absolutely true that people like [Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez], Pete Buttigieg -- you can name the left-wing politicians, people who think that we should legalize marijuana because they don't have kids and they don't really have a stake in what that looks like."

"I agree with him 100% that they don't have a stake in the game," she continued.
"And if you're Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez -- our favorite comrade -- and you've said the world is going to end in 12 years, what do you care?" he added. "It's this idea of absolute pessimism that the world's going to end and as a result, we're the problem and don't have kids."

spoiler (click to show/hide)
nine kids?!?
Campos ... heroes included Jack Kemp,
:american
[close]

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
He never denied that dems suck the blood out of kids  :kermit
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1419350810845224965

Imagine fucking up so much you're getting dunked on by Ted Cruz.  :doge
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
:karen We need a strong Republican party

The Republican Party

Trump Jr., who appears to have the best connection with the party’s base, and perhaps the best prospects for a 2024 White House run if his father opts out, led the group with DeSantis coming in a close second, followed by House Minority leader Kevin McCarthy (24%), Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., (17%), Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., (8%), Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., (2%), and Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wy., a vehement Trump Critic that voted to impeach him, at the bottom with a -43% rating.

https://mobile.twitter.com/newsmax/status/1419786981395951616

Maybe ask him to help with Afghanistan too
https://mobile.twitter.com/haroldpollack/status/1419633808022949888
🤴

james

Is it just me or is Don Jr just especially ugly looking

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Ivanka being reasonably hot is a big win from the Trump side of the gene pool tbf :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Is it just me or is Don Jr just especially ugly looking
He looks presidential :trumps

If this timeline delivers us a Kamala vs. Trump Jr showdown :lawd
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:17:11 PM by Nintex »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
battle angel tulsi vs zombie bern dawg  :hyper

benjipwns

They keep saying the quiet part out loud, this time a NYTimes reporter:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
They keep saying the quiet part out loud, this time a NYTimes reporter:

Send 'em all to jail and let God sort 'em out, Jack! :biden
dog

Potato

• Senior's Member
Isn't being the enemy of the state just the whole Republican party schtick anyway? Being the party of small government and bring anti-government intervention?
Spud

benjipwns

Isn't being the enemy of the state just the whole Republican party schtick anyway? Being the party of small government and bring anti-government intervention?
FACT CHECK: The state and the government are not the same thing. :ufup

benjipwns

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/27/jake-ellzey-texas-special-election-501153
Voters in North Texas delivered an upset Tuesday, picking GOP state Rep. Jake Ellzey to fill a vacant House seat over a candidate endorsed by former President Donald Trump.

Ellzey beat fellow Republican Susan Wright, the widow of former Rep. Ron Wright, 53 percent to 47 percent, when the Associated Press called the low-turnout, Republican-vs.-Republican runoff. Though Ellzey was better funded, Wright leaned heavily on her backing from the former president, who often plays kingmaker in Republican primaries.
:trumps

Potato

• Senior's Member
FACT CHECK: The state and the government are not the same thing. :ufup

Sure, You and I understand all that, but what about the average Republican?
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

Sounds like antifa

benjipwns

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/27/jake-ellzey-texas-special-election-501153
Voters in North Texas delivered an upset Tuesday, picking GOP state Rep. Jake Ellzey to fill a vacant House seat over a candidate endorsed by former President Donald Trump.

Ellzey beat fellow Republican Susan Wright, the widow of former Rep. Ron Wright, 53 percent to 47 percent, when the Associated Press called the low-turnout, Republican-vs.-Republican runoff. Though Ellzey was better funded, Wright leaned heavily on her backing from the former president, who often plays kingmaker in Republican primaries.
FACT CHECK:
Donald Trump's advisers are angry at David McIntosh, president of the conservative Club for Growth, for persuading the former president to endorse a losing candidate in the special election for Texas' 6th District.
Trump himself disputed the result had dented his power. In a phone call with Axios on Wednesday, the former president conceded McIntosh had pushed him to support Wright but blamed Democrats — not the Club for Growth — for Ellzey's victory.

He also said he actually "won" because Wright had bested Ellzey in the initial primary and the runoff came down to two Republicans he liked.

"This is the only race we've ... this is not a loss, again, I don't want to claim it is a loss, this was a win. …The big thing is, we had two very good people running that were both Republicans. That was the win."

Skullfuckers Anonymous

Vote!

benjipwns

benjipwns

https://twitter.com/mstratford/status/1420422062431215621

she sounds like a Tea Party Enemy of the State

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
"The big thing is, we had two very good people running that were both Republicans. That was the win."

:social2 :hesright
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Vote!

Very interesting article as a former resident (whose uncle was involved in Buffalo politics for years).
^_^