Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 323613 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Himu

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Resist Australian-style Fascism
« Reply #4921 on: January 17, 2022, 03:37:38 PM »
https://nypost.com/2022/01/16/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-says-subway-riders-only-have-perception-of-fear/?utm_source=reddit.com

LOL

A woman was just pushed to her death in front of a train by a homeless man with a rap sheet longer than his arm in and out of hospitals and you want us to feel safe around these nutters?

Where's that revolving door Bush ad?

IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4922 on: January 17, 2022, 03:43:44 PM »
https://nypost.com/2022/01/16/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-says-subway-riders-only-have-perception-of-fear/?utm_source=reddit.com

LOL

A woman was just pushed to her death in front of a train by a homeless man with a rap sheet longer than his arm in and out of hospitals and you want us to feel safe around these nutters?
Such a weird event and the exact same thing happened in Brussels on the same day.
Luckily in Brussels the train stopped in time.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4924 on: January 17, 2022, 06:45:54 PM »
LMFAO

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-calls-capitol-police-officer-shot-ashli-babbitt-disgrace-2022-1
Well, if Trump is your hero, then you are a fucking idiot.

That's utterly disgraceful from a former President and particularly disgraceful from the guy who incited the incident and was in power at the time. Should be hung for treason that cunt.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #4925 on: January 17, 2022, 06:47:20 PM »
LMFAO

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-calls-capitol-police-officer-shot-ashli-babbitt-disgrace-2022-1

That's utterly disgraceful from a former President and particularly disgraceful from the guy who incited the incident and was in power at the time. Should be hung for treason that cunt.

I'm laughing at him. He's not my hero.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4926 on: January 17, 2022, 06:49:21 PM »
LMFAO

So why the fuck are you a Republican? This is the god your kind worship and the idiot that is going to be the next Republican presidential candidate.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #4927 on: January 17, 2022, 07:09:10 PM »
LMFAO

So why the fuck are you a Republican? This is the god your kind worship and the idiot that is going to be the next Republican presidential candidate.

Nah, he's digging his hole and Republicans are hopefully separating themselves from him. Don't get me wrong. I don't trust Republicans just like I don't trust Democrats. They're both assholes and don't give a fuck. Also I'm not a Republican. I'm registered Republican however temporarily to get Sleepy Joe and his authoritarian allies out of power. Liberal policies overwhelmingly do not  work. I've witnessed it first hand.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4928 on: January 17, 2022, 07:16:52 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about? You proudly displayed your MAGA hat not two weeks ago, are you telling me that now you have changed stripes YET AGAIN?

Go back in this thread, read your rants and then tell me you're not coming off as unhinged at best and completely fucking mental at worst.

Here is some advice: Unplug from the internet for a week and reflect on what effect any of this shit has on your real life. Come back to me and then tell me whether you now give a shit about this garbage any more.

Vote Republican, vote Democrat, I don't care, but at least do it for the right reasons. Everything you have said to justify your current political beliefs is just bullshit window dressing.

I'm done with this conversation and I hope you take the time to reflect on all the shit you have said in the past few weeks and learn from it.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #4929 on: January 17, 2022, 07:22:38 PM »
None of this impacts you in real life, says the non-American who cannot understand my viewpoints and characterizes them as window dressing. You base your entire viewpoint on America and American life on things you read from the internet. Oh no, I have a MAGA hat. It must mean I worship Trump. See?

Based on something you read on the web. Please take your own advice and take a break from the internet and realize that people have our own views beyond your own bubble.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4930 on: January 17, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/13/trump-senate-midterm-gop-control-526991
Fundraisers for Republican candidates, where Trump might pop in to say hello, are an important perk for candidates and are held almost nightly at the ex-president’s private club in Palm Beach, Fla.

They're clearly distancing from Trump with nightly fundraisers and seeking his endorsement :trumps
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 07:35:19 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4931 on: January 17, 2022, 07:28:01 PM »
If the alternative to US hegemony wasn't a fucked up, genocidal, totalitarian dictatorship, I'd happily see the end of the US, but the alternative is much, much worse for everyone.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #4932 on: January 17, 2022, 07:28:33 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/13/trump-senate-midterm-gop-control-526991
Fundraisers for Republican candidates, where Trump might pop in to say hello, are an important perk for candidates and are held almost nightly at the ex-president’s private club in Palm Beach, Fla.

https://twitter.com/Z_Everson/status/1482853533028216835

They're clearly distancing from Trump with nightly fundraisers and seeking his endorsement :trumps

What's the other option? Go to the Democrats? :lol There's only two viable mainstream options as a politician: red or blue. It's how the country works. Virginia governor distanced himself from Trump and won.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4933 on: January 17, 2022, 07:36:03 PM »
The Biden administration even more than NY politics shows the failure of progressivism as an political force. So much catering to activists and the progressive caucus huahuahua. Get humbled you bubble living smug progs. I lick your tears. How ineffectual how nothing you do works nor commands respect.
I'm pretty sure I had to spend a lot of time a couple of years ago convincing you that even though the Democrats weren't progressive enough for you, you should still vote for them.

Yup, until I moved to New York and had to learn what dealing with progressive policy was really like. Hard sell after that.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4934 on: January 17, 2022, 07:45:52 PM »

What's the other option? Go to the Democrats? :lol There's only two viable mainstream options as a politician: red or blue. It's how the country works. Virginia governor distanced himself from Trump and won.
By all means vote for the sequel  8)
🤴

Himu

« Reply #4935 on: January 17, 2022, 07:46:31 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/msnbc-host-tiffany-cross-accuses-193332625.html

Everyone I disagree with is a Nazi!

By all means vote for the sequel  8)

My big thing about this thread is that it's full non-Americans. It's like, who the fuck are you? The Democrats are utterly, utterly incompetent both in policy and governing. Majority of Americans agree. Look at Biden's numbers. He's a shitshow. Now, imagine you're me. What do? You've lived a lifetime of Democratic failure. Maybe if the Democrats weren't so fucking bad people wouldn't consider Republicans? The world may never know. The two party system forces you to pick between these extremes. Thankfully I don't have to swallow all of their vomit. Libertarians are also an option but they're not a viable, legitimate option. Then there's also not voting. I did not vote in the fall election and have not voted since October 2020. Since change is impossible and there's only two binary choices anyways, you might as well not participate and choose to not vote for anything but local politics.

Take Potato. Guy goes on a fucking RANT about how blah blah blah you're a republican blah blah when this very page I made fun of Republican hypocrisy! :lol Neither party looks out for American interests and only expresses their stupid fucking agendas and I'll be damned if I'm chastised by a bunch of a fucking foreigners.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:59:20 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4936 on: January 17, 2022, 08:06:58 PM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4937 on: January 17, 2022, 10:02:06 PM »
I like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comments/s6ll27/its_time_for_subway_platform_edge_screensbarriers/

:rejoice

Protect us from the homeless mental patients please. Bring back asylums.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4938 on: January 17, 2022, 10:40:38 PM »
You're so dumb.

Wishing you voted for someone after admitting you didn't vote.

Himu

« Reply #4939 on: January 17, 2022, 10:42:35 PM »
You're so dumb.

Wishing you voted for someone after admitting you didn't vote.

???

Romney wasn't on the ballot. You got anymore snarky, illigical comebacks?
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4940 on: January 17, 2022, 10:45:12 PM »
Yea

Vote.

Himu

« Reply #4941 on: January 17, 2022, 10:48:03 PM »
Can't wait to vote for Romney in 2024. Romney/Gabbard :rejoice
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4942 on: January 17, 2022, 11:43:16 PM »
mitt romney don't pay no tax  :trumps :yeshrug

Himu

« Reply #4943 on: January 18, 2022, 04:17:59 AM »

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx

The two party system baby! :rejoice

In early 2021, Democratic strength reached levels not seen in nearly a decade. By the third quarter, those Democratic gains evaporated as Biden's job approval declined. The political winds continued to become more favorable to Republicans in the fourth quarter, giving the GOP an advantage over Democrats larger than any they had achieved in more than 25 years

HAUHUAHUAHUA

YoUrrE PosStinG MeNtAL sTuFff HiMMuuuu

Says the non-American.

IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4944 on: January 18, 2022, 04:26:30 AM »
I'll be damned if I'm chastised by a bunch of a fucking foreigners.
Sounding more and more like a Maga wanker every day
Spud

Himu

« Reply #4945 on: January 18, 2022, 04:38:02 AM »
https://twitter.com/mattwolking/status/1483191332210413573

Interesting.

You're in a US politics thread injecting your ideas on what I should do and how I should feel in my own country. Fuck off.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 04:48:26 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4946 on: January 18, 2022, 04:47:28 AM »

You're in a US politics thread injecting your ideas on what I should do and how I should feel in my own country. Fuck off.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Spud

Himu

« Reply #4947 on: January 18, 2022, 04:51:01 AM »
https://www.newsweek.com/biden-faces-renewed-ridicule-after-comparing-mlks-assassination-george-floyds-death-1670142

:crowdlaff

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

I thought MAGA made these stipulations based off of race.

But hey, thanks for the compliment. Nice hat.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:00:56 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4948 on: January 18, 2022, 05:43:49 AM »
Wait, himu has a maga hat? :dead
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #4949 on: January 18, 2022, 05:52:21 AM »
Wait, himu has a maga hat? :dead

Bought at Trump Tower.
IYKYK

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4951 on: January 18, 2022, 11:27:14 AM »
What social media is Trump still allowed on to be able to send me a friend request?
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #4953 on: January 18, 2022, 12:25:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1483167649597169666

Unfortunately there is no Verrit code available so I don't think I can trust these claims.

benjipwns

Himu

« Reply #4955 on: January 18, 2022, 01:10:58 PM »
Hahaha

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/nh-libertarian-party-celebrates-mlk-day-by-tweeting-america-isnt-in-debt-to-black-people-its-the-other-way-around/

Hey Benji look it's your party and the supposed third option

If libertarian party were smart they'd use the vaccine mandates and economic conservatism as an olive branch towards black Americans to help build their party. Instead they do this. Thank God you don't have to be a part of the LP to be libertarian.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 01:18:31 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #4956 on: January 18, 2022, 01:19:52 PM »
How is the NH Libertarian Party "my party"? I've never voted for or supported the national Libertarian Party let alone the NH one.

Himu

« Reply #4957 on: January 18, 2022, 01:22:31 PM »
Oh ok. I apologize.
IYKYK

benjipwns

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #4961 on: January 18, 2022, 01:42:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1482505700769206278
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1482506460810690562

why do so many journalists (and ones with law degrees like this dude) tweet things like this :awesome

benjipwns

« Reply #4963 on: January 18, 2022, 01:57:36 PM »
shosta got his op-ed published in the local rag:
If California is ever going to achieve true equity, the state must require parents to give away their children.

Today’s Californians often hold up equity — the idea of a just society completely free from bias — as our greatest value. Gov. Gavin Newsom says he makes decisions through “an equity lens.” Institutions from dance ensembles to tech companies have publicly pledged themselves to equity, along with diversity and inclusion.

But their promises of newly equitable systems are no match for the power of parents.

Fathers and mothers with greater wealth, education or other resources are more likely to transfer these advantages to their children, compounding privilege over generations. As a result, children of less advantaged parents face an uphill struggle, social mobility has stalled and democracy has been corrupted. More Californians are giving up on the dream; a recent Public Policy Institute of California poll found declining belief in the notion that you can get ahead through hard work.

My solution is simple, and while we wait for the legislation to pass, we can act now: The rich should give their children to the poor, and the poor should give their children to the rich. Homeowners might swap children with their homeless neighbors.

Now, I recognize that some naysayers, hopelessly attached to their privilege, will dismiss such a policy as ghastly, even totalitarian. But my proposal is quite modest, a fusion of traditional philosophy and today’s most common political obsessions.
Perhaps such coercion sounds dystopian. But just imagine the solidarity that universal orphanhood would create. Wouldn’t children, raised in one system, find it easier to collaborate on climate change and other global problems?

Now, I don’t expect universal support for universal orphanhood. A few contrarians, lost in the empty chasm between American extremes, might object to this rational proposal on emotional grounds. They might argue that pursuing your own conception of family is fundamental to freedom. Or that our differences and biases, for all the damage they can do, also give human life much of its meaning.

They also may suggest that people don’t really want to start or finish at the same point in life. They may even say that what we really desire is what the title orphan of the musical “Annie” insisted upon: “I didn’t want to be just another orphan, Mr. Warbucks. I wanted to believe I was special.”

But you shouldn’t pay those critics any mind. Because they just can’t see how our relentless pursuit of equity might birth a brave new world.

Himu

IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #4966 on: January 18, 2022, 02:04:18 PM »

Himu

« Reply #4967 on: January 18, 2022, 02:06:12 PM »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4969 on: January 18, 2022, 03:25:21 PM »
How is the NH Libertarian Party "my party"? I've never voted for or supported the national Libertarian Party let alone the NH one.
benji lore  :tocry

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4970 on: January 18, 2022, 03:26:46 PM »
benji is :lore
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4971 on: January 18, 2022, 03:37:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1483421902551007234

Imagine getting heckled and losing an argument with a 10 year old :dead
🤴

benjipwns

benjipwns

Himu

« Reply #4974 on: January 18, 2022, 04:55:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/EvanDonovan/status/1483431595470110726

:american Thank you Florida :american

Lol even Republicans aren't above their stupid fucking virtue signaling like the libtards
IYKYK

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #4976 on: January 18, 2022, 05:17:43 PM »
For Himu:
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) announced Tuesday that she has raised $21.6 million since launching her gubernatorial campaign in mid-August, a hefty haul establishing her as the front-runner in the race’s Democratic primary.

Hochul’s campaign said it is going forward with $21.3 million in the bank and touted its five-month haul as “record-setting.” The campaign also drew donations from every one of New York’s 62 counties.

The fundraising haul underscores Hochul’s edge in the primary, which pits her against New York City Public Advocate Jumaane Williams and Rep. Thomas Suozzi, who represents a district in Long Island. Already, her campaign prowess is believed to have helped nudge state Attorney General Letitia James (D) out of the race and kept New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) on the sidelines.

Williams and Suozzi have not yet publicly disclosed their fundraising, but an adviser for Suozzi told The New York Times that he had taken in more than $3 million since launching his campaign in November and transferred another $2 million from his congressional campaign account.
ALBANY – Gov. Kathy Hochul’s lead in the Democratic primary for governor of New York has grown to over 30 points beyond her nearest challenger now that state Attorney General Letitia James has dropped out of the race, according to a new poll released Tuesday.

New York’s first female governor captured the support of 46 percent of Democratic voters when asked in a Siena College survey who they would vote for if the primary election – scheduled for June 2022 – was held today.

That places her 34 points ahead of second place challenger, former Mayor Bill de Blasio – who hasn’t even officially announced his candidacy. He netted 12 percent in response to the same question.

New York City Public Advocate Jumaane Williams received 11 percent, followed by Long Island Rep. Tom Suozzi, trailing with six percent.
Meanwhile, Hochul’s biggest support demographic comes from upstate, with 65 percent of primary voters backing her campaign.

Not one challenger – de Blasio, Williams or Suozzi – broke double digits in upstate.
The governor’s favorability among all voters stands at 45 percent compared to 29 percent of voters who have an unfavorable opinion of her and 25 percent who said they either don’t know or have no opinion.

It’s even higher among Democrats – 60 percent view her favorably, compared to 19 percent who said they have an unfavorable opinion of her.

Himu

« Reply #4977 on: January 18, 2022, 05:20:46 PM »
Over my dead body.

But knowing NY and the governors office I'm sure she's got some controversy or two. I need to do anything I can help muddy the waters for D's in NY. Thankfully I am now registered Republican :rejoice
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4978 on: January 18, 2022, 06:04:46 PM »
Republican Candidates
Rob Astorino, Westchester County executive (2010–2017) and gubernatorial nominee in 2014[81][82]
Mike Carpinelli, Lewis County sheriff[83][84]
Derrick Gibson, contractor and podcast host[78][84]
Andrew Giuliani, Former special assistant to the President and Associate Director of the Office of Public Liaison during the Trump administration, Newsmax TV contributor, and son of former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani[85][76]
Lee Zeldin, U.S. representative for NY-01 (2015–present)[86][87]

:trumps

"WHERE IS MIKE?? Rudy is probably gonna sue me for this one but Mike and Lee are the real winners"
🤴

Beezy

« Reply #4979 on: January 18, 2022, 06:09:55 PM »
Over my dead body.

But knowing NY and the governors office I'm sure she's got some controversy or two. I need to do anything I can help muddy the waters for D's in NY. Thankfully I am now registered Republican :rejoice
You better go upstate. :lol

I'm not sure why your time in NYC has made you think that most people here care to listen to anyone else's political opinions. Especially someone not from here.