Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 323269 times)

Himu

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Resist Australian-style Fascism
« Reply #5041 on: January 19, 2022, 06:51:14 AM »
Here you go Himu:
The Democrats’ problems with Hispanic voters are, at this point, well-known and well-documented. But what of Asian voters, the other fast-growing part of the nonwhite population? A close look at political trends suggests that here too a problem could be emerging.

https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/the-five-deadly-sins-of-the-left

In short, Democrats are stuck. They have not escaped the gravitational field of identity politics and their inability to do so means that their brand cannot sustain a durable majority. Indeed, there are signs that Democrats are experiencing more and more slippage among working class voters of all races. For a left-wing party, that is catastrophic—not just for 2022, but far beyond. They may find out, to their sorrow, that it is far easier to control the commanding heights of cultural production than the commanding heights of political power.

:)

Working class gang stand up

Doesn’t the left want to make people happy? One has to wonder. There seems to be more interest in figuring out what people should stop doing and consuming than in figuring out how people can have more to do and consume. The very idea of abundance is rarely discussed, except to disparage it.

It's almost like the left are the negative Nancy's of politics. All finger wag, no optimism. They don't even have an American dream to sell. Oh there's optimism right. But only if you do what we say and think the way we think. They act like coercive bullies. All bark, all doom, all tears. Weakness distilled, like the hardest vodka made of their own transparent tears, drunk off the fat of their own Hope and Change.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 07:21:50 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5042 on: January 19, 2022, 01:04:56 PM »
Here you go Himu:
The Democrats’ problems with Hispanic voters are, at this point, well-known and well-documented. But what of Asian voters, the other fast-growing part of the nonwhite population? A close look at political trends suggests that here too a problem could be emerging.

In short, Democrats are stuck. They have not escaped the gravitational field of identity politics and their inability to do so means that their brand cannot sustain a durable majority. Indeed, there are signs that Democrats are experiencing more and more slippage among working class voters of all races. For a left-wing party, that is catastrophic—not just for 2022, but far beyond. They may find out, to their sorrow, that it is far easier to control the commanding heights of cultural production than the commanding heights of political power.

Doesn’t the left want to make people happy? One has to wonder. There seems to be more interest in figuring out what people should stop doing and consuming than in figuring out how people can have more to do and consume. The very idea of abundance is rarely discussed, except to disparage it.

It's almost like the left are the negative Nancy's of politics. All finger wag, no optimism. They don't even have an American dream to sell. Oh there's optimism right. But only if you do what we say and think the way we think. They act like coercive bullies. All bark, all doom, all tears. Weakness distilled, like the hardest vodka made of their own transparent tears, drunk off the fat of their own Hope and Change.

That's an interesting article, I definitely agree with some of his points - identity politics being a giant red herring for the left and an alienating factor for the struggling working class, in particular. But climate change issues and techno-pessimism are things I just cannot seem to shake off. Especially as more and more companies consolidate and innovation slows. I do enjoy my dystopian sci-fi and tech-pessimistic media, and being in a tech related industry can quickly deduce potential negatives/ease of exploitation from new tech being put to market (hell, 2 of the companies I worked for popped up in The Bore's #latestagecapitalism thread).

To me, the biggest issue with the left is their terrible messaging, and how Republicans take advantage of the most extreme left positions to scare the centrists (who may possibly be open to some sort of reform) and stifle any sort of positive change. I still have to keep in mind that places like RE and tankie-themed FB meme pages are a niche of a niche, mainly consisting of zoomers with lots of ambition and pipe dreams but limited real world experience...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 01:09:22 PM by tiesto »
^_^

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5043 on: January 19, 2022, 01:24:11 PM »
US politics is like shin megami tensei where you have the law route and the chaos route but if you actually want to end up with what's best for humanity you have to do some specific quests like make sure you deliver 5 vials of baphomet essence to the scientists, gaslight both of your best friends into thinking you support each of their contradictory positions, and promise the teen girl you've been seeing in your dreams that her death will not be in vain
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5044 on: January 19, 2022, 01:59:58 PM »
US politics is like shin megami tensei where you have the law route and the chaos route but if you actually want to end up with what's best for humanity you have to do some specific quests like make sure you deliver 5 vials of baphomet essence to the scientists, gaslight both of your best friends into thinking you support each of their contradictory positions, and promise the teen girl you've been seeing in your dreams that her death will not be in vain

I just wish my cat would make me go to bed early.  :fbm
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #5045 on: January 19, 2022, 03:02:50 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pro-choice-pac-emilys-list-000454396.html

:heh

Revealing your back to attack Sinema? Sinema might not have a GOP rival in her election for her seat and a moderate dem will be very viable in AZ. Indepedent gang loves her. She will be competitive without their support. Also funny how this group is inflicting its agenda in politics beyond abortion rights. Reminds me of...NRA. Hmmm. :thinking

Can't wait to see her regain her seat!

When the Dems lose the General they'll go back to using the Filibuster as a tool to Save Democracy and repost Bernie's long ass filibuster as proof.

:dead
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 03:09:16 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5046 on: January 19, 2022, 03:21:28 PM »
Speaking of Bernie....

Calling your allies pathetic. Like I said: the left are bullies.

:heh

Remember the time Bernie proudly voted against filibuster reform?

Fuck off, Do Nothing Democrats.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5047 on: January 19, 2022, 03:39:38 PM »
Dios MiO

All because the Do Nothing Democratic Clinton administration convinced the Ukraine's to give up their nuke stock in exchange for our protection in case this would happen. America as World Police is an absolute failure.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/in-1994-the-us-succeeded-in-convincing-ukraine-to-give-up-its-nukes-but-failed-to-secure-its-future

Bad leadership at home, bad leadership abroad. Hmmm I'm smelling a trend! And it smells like donkey shit.  It's almost as if the Democrats can't govern! Much less lead. We need a strong man. We need Trump.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 04:05:37 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5048 on: January 19, 2022, 05:01:03 PM »
While I agree the foreign policy of the Democrats under Obama and now Biden is an absolute, completely and total disaster including the things he just said.
I do think that disarming a bunch of obsolete nukes (regardless of any Russian action) was the right thing to do. The situation in 2014 wouldn't have been any better if there were nukes in play instead of fire bombs and snipers.

When Putin took the Crimea he was so paranoid and worried that NATO would intervene that he put nuclear missiles on standby in case NATO would attack the Russian invasion forces.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5049 on: January 19, 2022, 05:43:13 PM »
Benji:

https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-black-america-break-democratic-party-opinion-1649223

I can feel her hate. I never figured I'd see a black person that hates the Democrats as much as me :rejoice

As a seventh-generation freedom loving American and a descendant of U.S. slaves, the new code of political conduct should be, if we don't eat, then nobody eats, and may those who take from our plate choke on what they've stolen.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5050 on: January 19, 2022, 07:26:29 PM »
Joe shits on the floor, President Psaki has to clean it up

https://twitter.com/DevonHeinen/status/1483948900520054785

Finally some real news on CNN

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1483945128070979584
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 07:47:43 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5051 on: January 19, 2022, 08:28:19 PM »
:lol President Cuck
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5052 on: January 19, 2022, 09:17:48 PM »

:lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5053 on: January 19, 2022, 09:42:54 PM »
Here you go Himu:

That's an interesting article, I definitely agree with some of his points - identity politics being a giant red herring for the left and an alienating factor for the struggling working class, in particular. But climate change issues and techno-pessimism are things I just cannot seem to shake off. Especially as more and more companies consolidate and innovation slows. I do enjoy my dystopian sci-fi and tech-pessimistic media, and being in a tech related industry can quickly deduce potential negatives/ease of exploitation from new tech being put to market (hell, 2 of the companies I worked for popped up in The Bore's #latestagecapitalism thread).

To me, the biggest issue with the left is their terrible messaging, and how Republicans take advantage of the most extreme left positions to scare the centrists (who may possibly be open to some sort of reform) and stifle any sort of positive change. I still have to keep in mind that places like RE and tankie-themed FB meme pages are a niche of a niche, mainly consisting of zoomers with lots of ambition and pipe dreams but limited real world experience...

I increasingly view the GOP as the party for the working man and the Democratic Party as the one for elites.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5054 on: January 20, 2022, 04:09:19 AM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-stirs-up-illegitimate-election-fracas

"Oh, yeah, I think it could easily be illegitimate," Biden said, stumbling through his response.

For the past twenty one years the Democratic party has labeled Republican wins as "illegitimate". They are already preparing for a shellacking, a once in a generation loss, at midterms and this is how they steel their already primordial scared base with the news early: by preparing an election fraud tale. They'll argue the wave against them and their do nothing politics will be erroneous and false.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1483931218810970112

They will double down in their dumbness, that their edicts are divine rather than self reflect on their dispassionate policy. The result? Donkey dung for you and donkey dung for me.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/supreme-court-refuses-trump-plea-to-block-national-archives-from-giving-records-to-jan-6-panel

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled against former President Donald Trump and refused to block the National Archives from sharing documents from his time in the White House with the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

The high court's decision came as a one-paragraph order and was unsigned. Justice Clarence Thomas, nominated by former President Ronald Reagan, was the lone justice signaling that he would have granted Trump's request, which is based on the argument that the records are protected by executive privilege. President Joe Biden has supported their release.

This is ridiculous. Let it be released. What have you to fear? If you were sensible and had a softer touch during Covid we would still have you as our President during a time when the need for softness waned and testosterone was needed. Although we need you, you're also a disgrace. Truly, the President we deserve.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5055 on: January 20, 2022, 10:28:44 AM »
They are already preparing for a shellacking, a once in a generation loss, at midterms
The President's party has lost in the House and Senate in 2006, 2010, 2014 and 2018.

Himu

« Reply #5056 on: January 20, 2022, 10:33:48 AM »
I'm well aware. I'm commenting on how bad it could get. Democrats have already given up. I've never seen this before. It feels historic. With hope we can turn the tide and go full 1980 on the Do Nothing's in 2024.

:rejoice https://reason.com/video/2022/01/19/how-progressives-ruined-san-francisco-michael-shellenberger/ :rejoice

The failures of progressive policy: a group of enablers.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:39:52 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #5060 on: January 20, 2022, 11:09:05 AM »
Also funny how this group is inflicting its agenda in politics beyond abortion rights. Reminds me of...NRA. Hmmm.
https://twitter.com/rorycooper/status/1483816051917869058
https://twitter.com/BMamont/status/1484048390195347456

:hmm

Himu

« Reply #5061 on: January 20, 2022, 11:19:25 AM »
:sabu :sabu :sabu
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5064 on: January 20, 2022, 11:44:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1484148452963622915

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1484151584347111427

Rob was angry at the woman, but not Manchin:
(Image removed from quote.)

Verrrrry tolerant of the left. Here's me looking surprised.

With things like r/hermancainaward, cheering when people die, disliking minorities when we vote opposite of them, and all around lifting up degeneracy it's not so shocking. When will they be able to finally look in the mirror and ask the question to end all questions,"Are we the baddies?"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 12:06:58 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5066 on: January 20, 2022, 12:57:21 PM »
Trafalgar: 38.7% Approval Rating for Biden; Voters Prefer GOP Over Dems 55.7% to 42.2%

https://amgreatness.com/2022/01/20/trafalgar-38-7-approval-rating-for-biden-voters-prefer-gop-over-dems-55-7-to-42-2/

Let's keep going!
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #5068 on: January 20, 2022, 01:56:27 PM »
Himu, I love you buddy - but what does the Republican party offer you besides a slight respite from the particularly annoying grievance politics from the Democratic party?  There's a lot to criticize with the left, especially their handling of sensitive issues regarding race and identity...  But what do the Republicans do for you?  Is it largely their stance on vax freedom?

Occam

« Reply #5069 on: January 20, 2022, 02:39:06 PM »
Click spoiler for red pill.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5070 on: January 20, 2022, 02:59:01 PM »
this thread has been completely consumed by himu becoming fully invested in lib-owning culture :mjcry
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5071 on: January 20, 2022, 03:13:33 PM »
Himu, I love you buddy - but what does the Republican party offer you besides a slight respite from the particularly annoying grievance politics from the Democratic party?  There's a lot to criticize with the left, especially their handling of sensitive issues regarding race and identity...  But what do the Republicans do for you?  Is it largely their stance on vax freedom?

Life experience. Living in a blue city in a red state is a complete opposite experience to living in a blue city in a blue state. It's easy to say you're a progressive until you've actually lived in a place that actually is.

You would think moving to NYC would make me more liberal/progressive than I was. I moved here as a progressive. In the end, I had to learn what it was like to live with and sit with the impact of my own policies. It was a massive wake up call.

Liberalism leads to:

1. Mediocrity - Privileged liberals hewed and hawed about the Pandemic and being scared to even go out even as they sat in their homes doing Zoom meetings, complaining about having to commute to the office well after vaccines were available. Whether my former roommates or whatever, I just noticed that the privilege of being able to work from home was an elite status that the elite couldn't recognize was privileged, nor could they appreciate as the rest of us - like myself and others I knew - had to sacrifice our bodies, our time, our safety to make ends meet in the middle of a pandemic. Through this experience I saw the laziness that was bred through virtual meetings, the privilege of work from home that it creates, and the mediocrity it brings. The rest of us operated on pure grit and a will to live despite all odds. Meanwhile the privileged are too scared to live because of social anxiety. It's really pathetic.

2. Weakness - Tied into the last point, and as we can see from Biden's lack of leadership, liberalism leads to weakness. Endless complaining, no solutions, just bleeding hearts. Their solution to most problems is to...do nothing. Or they do something but have no real end game plan so they protest the closing a nuclear plant to purport an increase in natural gas usage only to want to limit natural gas and increase gas energy prices a year later. They have no long term strategy. It is only ever feelings based finger pointing and victim blaming. There's almost never an idea of hope presented by the left. It's endless navel gazing and problems and doom and gloom. Going by the left, you can't do anything because you're black. You're a woman. You're this, you're that. Everything is tied to some victim complex of identity and I refuse to let my victories be defined by the color of my skin but the talent that I have and dreams I wish to achieve.

3. Excuse making - Black people can't get vote IDs despite the fact most black people live in the south and it's impossible to get anywhere in the south without a fucking drivers license and a car so most people already have IDs. Homeless are smoking crack on the subway and attacking people where children take the commute to school? Let's ignore it, they need a place to sleep! This all forms a trifecta of low expectations. They don't push anyone to do aspire to be their best, they merely look at society and victimize. Are these very real issues? In some cases, sure. But endless victimhood, what has it gotten us? Absolutely nothing. Hopes. Dreams. And a can do spirit. Maybe we will fail, but that's the tough America is made of.

More and more as I lived here I noticed that the real problems people face aren't met with respect but with money being thrown at the issue. It made me more fiscally conservative due to how much of my tax dollars go towards shit that don't solve anything.

Conservatives understand all of this. Although they have their own issues with liberty, Republicans have more respect towards it as a rule. I very much identify with the libertarians but the Libertarian Party isn't going to win a fight against the Democratic Party which I increasingly view as even worse for society than the Republicans especially through the lens of identity politics. I can talk to Republicans about things and they'll disagree on some things but understand where I'm coming from. I communicate my complex views on liberty and Democrats think I'm a bigot.

Over regulation, disregarding families and family values, no long term strategy, lack of strong leadership, privileged elitists, too fiscally liberal, reducing people to their identity/race/gender, the endless victim olympics, over 50 years of being a total clown show, their inability to get things done on a local/state/federal level, on and on and on. On most issues I realize I'm closer to the Republicans than the Democrats. A few years ago I flirted with conservatism and I wrongly put it in the box but I can admit I was wrong and I should have went all the way then and there. I've finally pushed the button.

At the end of the day we live in a two party system and the American people are keep choosing between the two because they can't govern. But for all of his faults, Americans did real well under Trump, especially our wallets and businesses and families.

Republicans offer me:

1. Hope. They actually believe the things they say. Conservatives just want upward mobility. That's what I want. Republicans actually believe if you work hard enough you'll make it. That's what I believe. I wouldn't have moved across the country if I didn't. In this, we are aligned. When I came here I found opportunity after opportunity after opportunity. Turns out opportunity knocks if you want it bad enough. No one stopped me because of my race. No one limited me but myself. By contrast, the left only judges, finger points, says this and that person thinks a certain way therefore they're bad and must be avoided.

2. A modern life. Republicans wisely understand that the conditions of our lives in here and now - today - is a rare circumstance in the circumference of human history and we should hold on to what we hold dear at all costs. Although there's much to improve, the liberal/progressive/communist idea of toppling what we have of unprecedented education, unprecedented peace, unprecedented opportunity for the human being to strive is bad. Often liberals are too concerned with transforming things without knowing what they're transforming them into. They are all heart, no brain.

3. Freedom. To own a gun. To own a business and run it how you like. To think what you want.

Throw in deregulation, school choice (as I plan for a family), more traditional values, lower taxes, better distribution of those taxes, less welfare programs that keep society mediocre, a can do spirit and it's pretty obvious which is better.

I think a better question is what the Democrats have to offer me.

I haven't even gotten into Vaccine mandates, the endless Covid safety parade, the endless Covid virtue signaling, turning vaccines into a full fledged identity, or the failures of the Biden administration. All of those things were the final domino enough to finally make me push the button. Republicans are by no means perfect but at this point, but they're closer to my ideals than the Democrats.

TLDR: Moving to NYC made me more conservative after challenging my progressive views. The only things I agree with Democrats on is healthcare reform (I get really good healthcare in NY and think it's worth paying a tax for) and a few other issues like decriminalization of drugs which funnily came from the more libertarian Colorado.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5072 on: January 20, 2022, 03:14:04 PM »
Mods really need to restrict him and Nintex to their own politics thread for True American Patriots. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5073 on: January 20, 2022, 03:14:53 PM »
this thread has been completely consumed by himu becoming fully invested in lib-owning culture :mjcry

I admit in the post-nintex comprehensive review I did not accurately predict this turn of events

the two possibilities are

1) as the lorax prophesied, life returns to this barren wasteland and people who used this forum who dared not tread into nintex-space slowly come back

2) only benji posts tweets until he realizes nobody else is commenting and he peaces out

I suppose the next election will be the proving ground
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #5074 on: January 20, 2022, 03:24:24 PM »
Thanks Himu, I want to write a detailed response, but non-shitposting is rare for me on TheBore and I have a few things I need to take care of.   Will write soon.   I appreciate you delineating your thoughts.

Himu

« Reply #5075 on: January 20, 2022, 03:29:48 PM »
Thanks Himu, I want to write a detailed response, but non-shitposting is rare for me on TheBore and I have a few things I need to take care of.   Will write soon.   I appreciate you delineating your thoughts.

I appreciate the respect. You are the first and only person on this forum to ask me one simple question: "why"? The rest merely judge, laugh, and finger point proving my thesis against liberals and particularly liberalism's deficiencies. Their inability to discuss, their inability to respect. I truly loathe them and want to see them cry. Being surrounded by a bunch of white communists and progressives where I have tap dance and keep my mouth shut for a year has me feeling a kind of way. I want to see them cry. Bloody tears if I have to.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5077 on: January 20, 2022, 03:38:52 PM »

Thank you Ivanka :american

Himu

« Reply #5078 on: January 20, 2022, 03:41:18 PM »
:american

Ivanka :rejoice
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5079 on: January 20, 2022, 03:55:11 PM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-stirs-up-illegitimate-election-fracas

"Oh, yeah, I think it could easily be illegitimate," Biden said, stumbling through his response.

For the past twenty one years the Democratic party has labeled Republican wins as "illegitimate". They are already preparing for a shellacking, a once in a generation loss, at midterms and this is how they steel their already primordial scared base with the news early: by preparing an election fraud tale. They'll argue the wave against them and their do nothing politics will be erroneous and false.

This is fake news, Biden was clear:
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1484166810077483009
https://twitter.com/PhilipWegmann/status/1484241290564972546

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:03:06 PM by benjipwns »

shosta

« Reply #5080 on: January 20, 2022, 03:58:36 PM »
Black people can't get vote IDs despite the fact most black people live in the south and it's impossible to get anywhere in the south without a fucking drivers license and a car so most people already have IDs.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/jul/11/eric-holder/eric-holder-says-recent-studies-show-25-percent-af/
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5081 on: January 20, 2022, 04:00:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1484234913792643078

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1484190900964241413

Look at this field. Yikes. Democrats might be giving Republicans a gift of a decade of rule 80's style with this.

https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1484008651908124675

This is fake news:
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1484166810077483009
https://twitter.com/PhilipWegmann/status/1484241290564972546

Yeah I saw. Nice back track Jen. Must suck to clean up Joe's messes.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5082 on: January 20, 2022, 04:04:21 PM »
Black people can't get vote IDs despite the fact most black people live in the south and it's impossible to get anywhere in the south without a fucking drivers license and a car so most people already have IDs.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/jul/11/eric-holder/eric-holder-says-recent-studies-show-25-percent-af/

They should get one then.  How in the hell do you not have an ID? You need one for most jobs. This is the basic of the most basic and not worth having sympathy over.

So many excuses. Long voting lines in Harris county when you had the ability to vote at any polling location in the county. Despite this people still said VoTerrRr fRawWwd. Went to usual location and it had a long line so I drove 5-10 minutes to another location, get in and out and voted with no line. Still cries of vote fraud despite this because some sorry sucker decided to stay in line at Harris fucking County at goddamn midnight despite the above stated ruling.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5083 on: January 20, 2022, 04:14:13 PM »
I assume Hillary deleted this speaking of truth to power because there's actually 50 Republican Senators:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5084 on: January 20, 2022, 04:22:16 PM »
nonsense
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5085 on: January 20, 2022, 04:22:21 PM »
No one ever blocked me or stopped me from voting. Those people do not prioritize voting. Not having a driver's license in Texas is like not having a coat in the Midwest during winter. It is utterly preposterous to not have one even without a car due to Texas' layout which requires driving and its ties to big oil. This is a non-issue and they're using black Americans as puppets as usual. It's funny. All this about voting rights when record numbers came out to vote Biden into office and black voters flipped the senate in Georgia. Bubububu it's hard to vote! Vote fraud! No it fucking isn't. Yet the very same courts determined there was no mass vote fraud in 2020 elections which got the Do Nothing Dems elected. I'm sick and tired of the Dems using race as an issue. These niccas are not interested in voting.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5087 on: January 20, 2022, 04:33:54 PM »
It really takes some mental gymnastics to say that 'democracy' is at stake in the US following the election with the most votes ever and more people being involved in the political debate, process and audits than ever before.
Wasn't this what Obama wanted? That everyone would engage in politics? I recall that's why he spend a lot of time campaigning on Facebook and the likes. To make sure he'd reach the people that normally didn't bother voting.

Trump as it happened expanded on that ideal for both parties.  :doge
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5088 on: January 20, 2022, 04:43:12 PM »
Record voting numbers. Our democracy is at stake!!!!

LMFAO It really makes you question every single part of the left platform.

Climate change. WE HAVE 9 YEARS TO SAVE THE EARTH!!!

On and on. Once you get past it the majority of the Democratic platform is fear tactics. Chicken Little if it was a party.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5089 on: January 20, 2022, 04:45:09 PM »

I don't doubt that this is still potentially an issue, but this is from a speech from 10 years ago, at the time citing data from 16 years ago
Uncle

benjipwns

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5092 on: January 20, 2022, 05:17:52 PM »
It's no big deal to disenfranchise tax payers if they don't have a driving license, but I will LOSE MY SHIT AT THE SUGGESTION OF CHECKING MY VACCINATION STATUS TO EAT AT APPLEBEES

shosta

« Reply #5093 on: January 20, 2022, 05:26:11 PM »
I don't doubt that this is still potentially an issue, but this is from a speech from 10 years ago, at the time citing data from 16 years ago
https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-absentee-id-law-has-outsized-impact-on-black-and-metro-voters/ZFAZVG46EZEL5MUICUQI6SHQ44/

Based on the number of registered black voters in Georgia and this article, the new voter id law disenfranchises about 7% of black registered voters.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5094 on: January 20, 2022, 05:26:34 PM »
1. Despite Pandemic Challenges, 2020 Election Had Largest Increase in Voting Between Presidential Elections on Record

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/record-high-turnout-in-2020-general-election.html

2. AP finds fewer than 475 cases of potential voter fraud in six 2020 battleground states

https://thehill.com/homenews/presidential-campaign/585901-ap-finds-fewer-than-475-cases-of-potential-voter-fraud-in-six

3. Homeland Security says 2020 election ‘most secure in American history’

https://news.yahoo.com/homeland-security-says-2020-election-004658626.html

Given all of this why in the ever living fuck should Americans care about the Democrats and their stupid electoral "reform" bill? Why die on this hill? Why attack fellow Democrats which confuses the more casual political reader?

The American people do not give a flying fuck. Right now we are dealing with high bills, rising unemployment, and growing prices in food. Are the Democrats helping us out there? NO. In a Politico poll voting rights is not on the minds of many Americans and if they are you are probably well fed.

We asked voters which of three voting reform ideas should be “the top priority” for Congress to pass: reforming Congress’ role in counting Electoral College votes, expanding voting access in federal elections or expanding oversight of states’ changes to voting practices. “None of the above” (32%) beat out all of them.

source: https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2022/01/12/our-exclusive-new-poll-on-voting-rights-495693

Oh, we'll be using our voting rights alright, and after that the Dems will blame Russia for umpteenth time.

This is what I'm talking about: the Democratic Party dies on specific weird hills rather than getting shit done that people actually give a fuck about. They deserve what they get. Go Red!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 06:04:23 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5095 on: January 20, 2022, 05:30:12 PM »
It's no big deal to disenfranchise tax payers if they don't have a driving license, but I will LOSE MY SHIT AT THE SUGGESTION OF CHECKING MY VACCINATION STATUS TO EAT AT APPLEBEES

Drivers license is a basic utility as an ID and driving.

Going to a restaurant or doing whatever shouldn't need proof of vaccination. There's no utility in it especially with a virus that spreads whether you're vaccinated or not. False equivalence. It's logical to need a passport to get into another country. I shouldn't have to show two forms of ID to view a karate class. One is Draconian, the other is basic common sense. How do you know if the person listed in the county register actually lives where they say do or if that's their actual name? An ID makes perfect, logical sense.

But thanks for the fish, foreigner.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5096 on: January 20, 2022, 05:32:06 PM »
You spent a lot of time in the past talking about how the Democratic party takes black voters for granted. Well over half of black voters think voter suppression laws are a problem. Should the Democratic party be listening to them or not?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #5097 on: January 20, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
We don't need to be dismissing or attacking other Bore members simply for being foreigners, they may make reasonable points worth responding to anyway. (The Tories in the UK are trying to require photo ID as well, although they are at least providing for it to be free.)

Except for the Canadians who are simply inhuman scum of the lowest order.

shosta

« Reply #5098 on: January 20, 2022, 05:37:28 PM »
But thanks for the fish, foreigner.
fact check, the vast majority of seafood in the US is imported from Asian sources.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5099 on: January 20, 2022, 05:39:00 PM »
You spent a lot of time in the past talking about how the Democratic party takes black voters for granted. Well over half of black voters think voter suppression laws are a problem. Should the Democratic party be listening to them or not?

Democrats do two things:

1. Take voters for granted

and

2. Placate.

They know it won't pass. In what way does this help black Americans? We can already vote. You wanna help black Americans? Legalize weed and overturn prior weed charges. Oh, but that's something valuable and the Democrats won't do that. So they placate to give the idea that they're trying, to rein in black people to show how much they care. But they know in their heart of hearts it's not going to pass. That way they can point and blame the race card like this.

See, if you're against this then you're clearly a dirty, wirty wacist.

This is their strategy to try to drum up funding because they already know this shit is in the bag and there's no turning back.

IYKYK