Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 323499 times)

Himu

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Resist Australian-style Fascism
« Reply #5100 on: January 20, 2022, 05:40:38 PM »
We don't need to be dismissing or attacking other Bore members simply for being foreigners, they may make reasonable points worth responding to anyway. (The Tories in the UK are trying to require photo ID as well, although they are at least providing for it to be free.)

Except for the Canadians who are simply inhuman scum of the lowest order.

If the foreign riff raff that comes into American thread wouldn't be so judging of an American perspective, I'd give them respect. Since they offer none, all I give is spit. Nintex may not always agree but Nintex considers the American perspective.
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5101 on: January 20, 2022, 05:43:31 PM »
I think it's the opposite of placating. They're putting as much pressure as they can on two senators by creating a very public issue out of this and increasing the chances of them getting primaried.

They know it won't pass. In what way does this help black Americans? We can already vote.
7% of black registered voters in Georgia soon won't, but it's not like Georgia has ever been a close election or anything.
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5102 on: January 20, 2022, 05:48:03 PM »
I appreciate the respect. You are the first and only person on this forum to ask me one simple question: "why"? The rest merely judge, laugh, and finger point proving my thesis against liberals and particularly liberalism's deficiencies.

others have shown you respect, not long ago you were talking about how benji was actually trying to be patient and introduced libertarianism to you, and I don't always engage but I read what is posted and try to understand every perspective

some people will say it's not worth giving a thought to perspectives that seem predisposed to mislead or with dark agendas or whatever but simply knowing what someone else thinks can't really harm you, as long as you're determined to remain thoughtful and reject what is clearly wrong

problem is, there isn't much of an other perspective being presented in this thread because they've largely abandoned this board

though sometimes it almost feels like "liberal" news goes without saying?  like I'm already inundated with it, without it needing to be posted here?  is that because famously "reality has a liberal bias?"  maybe that's just my own browsing habits though

anyway I think the bold 24 pt caps lock meme gifs are a bit over the top and it feels like browsing a grandma facebook, if something truly owns the other side I'm sure it speaks for itself, or needs little more than  :doge

not trying to tone police it just gets exhausting

I don't doubt that this is still potentially an issue, but this is from a speech from 10 years ago, at the time citing data from 16 years ago
https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-absentee-id-law-has-outsized-impact-on-black-and-metro-voters/ZFAZVG46EZEL5MUICUQI6SHQ44/

Based on the number of registered black voters in Georgia and this article, the new voter id law disenfranchises about 7% of black registered voters.

this is good data, thanks  :like

I understand the logic that if voting is already quite secure and there's very little fraud that these steps aren't necessary, and it might not be so bad to err on the side of letting more people vote than fewer

but I also think maybe it's something that always should've been a requirement, it doesn't necessarily sound like an undue complication

something that potentially causes complication should come alongside something that can alleviate it, like a national election holiday
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5103 on: January 20, 2022, 05:53:24 PM »
If the foreign riff raff that comes into American thread wouldn't be so judging of an American perspective, I'd give them respect. Since they offer none, all I give is spit. Nintex may not always agree but Nintex considers the American perspective.
You're conflating your perspective for "the" American perspective, no one I have seen has criticized or judged America only you. Nintex is pro-MAGA but is also under the illusion that the Presidency operates like Dutch Parliament.

I think it's the opposite of placating. They're putting as much pressure as they can on two senators by creating a very public issue out of this and increasing the chances of them getting primaried.
But not until 2024 and only in Sinema's case. If Manchin loses a primary or (more likely) retires, West Virginia will almost assuredly elect a Republican.

7% of black registered voters in Georgia soon won't, but it's not like Georgia has ever been a close election or anything.
Georgia does provide a free photo ID however.

Himu

« Reply #5104 on: January 20, 2022, 05:55:54 PM »

They know it won't pass. In what way does this help black Americans? We can already vote.

Which is exactly why it's placating:

1. Manchin won't be primaried. He's popular with Republicans and Independents and no way will a more progressive Dem win in W. Va.

2. Arizona is more accommodating to moderate Dems and while Sinema is losing backing from more progressive Dems she's also gaining lots of Independent and Republican support which can push her to victory.

The Democrats know that they're likely to lose this fight. Democrats regularly overestimate their chances, whether it's turning Texas blue or beating Mitch McConnell. They falsely think they can take down Manchin and (likely) Sinema so this is Democrats' theatrical approach to show they "did something".

Democrats naively think more people support them and their agenda than they think.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5105 on: January 20, 2022, 05:57:29 PM »
You're conflating your perspective for "the" American perspective, no one I have seen has criticized or judged America only you. Nintex is pro-MAGA but is also under the illusion that the Presidency operates like Dutch Parliament.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying my perspective is the only perspective. But it's certainly an American perspective and I greatly dislike people that live outside of my country telling me how to think or feel. Whether it's guns, or whatever issue. I just don't care what you're doing in Europe or whatever. Non-Americans condescension is a massive pet peeve of mine.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5106 on: January 20, 2022, 05:58:45 PM »
this is good data, thanks  :like

I understand the logic that if voting is already quite secure and there's very little fraud that these steps aren't necessary, and it might not be so bad to err on the side of letting more people vote than fewer

but I also think maybe it's something that always should've been a requirement, it doesn't necessarily sound like an undue complication

something that potentially causes complication should come alongside something that can alleviate it, like a national election holiday
Maybe. You could justify a lot of things in a vacuum. The truth though is that every law is passed in a definite historical context. New voter ID laws are being legislated because record absentee turnout during a pandemic (narrowly) helped Democrats. The North Carolina law was just struck down for targeting African Americans with "surgical precision".

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/17/1038354159/n-c-judges-strike-down-a-voter-id-law-they-say-discriminates-against-black-voter
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #5107 on: January 20, 2022, 06:02:26 PM »
The Democrats know that they're likely to lose this fight. Democrats regularly overestimate their chances, whether it's turning Texas blue or beating Mitch McConnell. They falsely think they can take down Manchin and (likely) Sinema so this is Democrats' theatrical approach to show they "did something".

Democrats naively think more people support them and their agenda than they think.
I'm confused. Do you support the bill or not?
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #5108 on: January 20, 2022, 06:04:58 PM »
But not until 2024 and only in Sinema's case. If Manchin loses a primary or (more likely) retires, West Virginia will almost assuredly elect a Republican.
Ok, then maybe it drives up voter turnout in other places? I don't know. Symbolic votes cost nothing. There's generally only upside.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5109 on: January 20, 2022, 06:05:26 PM »

I'm confused. Do you support the bill or not?

I do not. I do not understand why sweeping changes to the filibuster are necessary.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5110 on: January 20, 2022, 06:14:32 PM »
I do not. I do not understand why sweeping changes to the filibuster are necessary.
I think you're simply ignorant of what's in this wave of voter id laws and I encourage you to educate yourself. I also think you're inclined to want the vote to fail because you just like seeing the libs getting owned now.
每天生气

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #5112 on: January 20, 2022, 06:15:48 PM »
The bill and removing the filibuster are only related because the latter is needed to pass it. Sinema voted for the bill and for maintaining the filibuster.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5113 on: January 20, 2022, 06:29:16 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of talk online like "as soon as the republicans are in power they will destroy the filibuster and do whatever they want!!" but like

they've maintained it this long for the same reasons the democrats have, because it's a useful tool for making sure the minority doesn't get steamrolled and laws don't wildly flip flop every 4-8 years

also, if they're not shortsighted they'd realize that trump can only have one more term and then the party has no frontrunner and no guarantees of maintaining power, meaning the now-dead filibuster could go on to benefit democrats in the following 8 years
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #5114 on: January 20, 2022, 06:31:50 PM »
I think you're simply ignorant of what's in this wave of voter id laws and I encourage you to educate yourself. I also think you're inclined to want the vote to fail because you just like seeing the libs getting owned now.

I'm well aware what's in it. It's combo Frankenstein of a bill that combines Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Act. Which is precisely why I think they're placating black Americans. It's not a racial electoral reform bill. Voting is just fine. This just makes voting easier. Which is cool and good but definitely not needed on a federal level and definitely isn't a black American specific issue either. They know this which is why they're characterizing it as that. If it were that important, they wouldn't be so damn greedy and try to create a frankenbill and then point it off as specifically a racial electoral reform bill. Cuz it ain't. All this while also trying to end the filibuster. Manchin even cosponsored half of the bill. If it were just the bill, it'd be about what they say it is. But they're adding the filibuster on top as leverage. Sinema and Manchin would play ball and would vote yes and they could use Kamala as a tie breaker but nope. Being able to register to vote online is cool and all but it's the definition of Quality of Life Improvement, not like a real hard line thing especially when people need money for food.

File it under who cares.

And yeah...

I do like seeing the libs get owned.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 06:43:11 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5115 on: January 20, 2022, 06:51:07 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of talk online like "as soon as the republicans are in power they will destroy the filibuster and do whatever they want!!" but like

they've maintained it this long for the same reasons the democrats have, because it's a useful tool for making sure the minority doesn't get steamrolled and laws don't wildly flip flop every 4-8 years

also, if they're not shortsighted they'd realize that trump can only have one more term and then the party has no frontrunner and no guarantees of maintaining power, meaning the now-dead filibuster could go on to benefit democrats in the following 8 years
Our country runs on a slim +1 or +2 seats majority for the past 10 years or so. Combined with heavy party discipline this means that the opposition can basically be ignored and that a lot of policies lack public support but are simply created from 'deals' made by the leading parties. You allow euthanasia without doctors consent, I give you some additional funding for defense, that sort of thing. In general this is not very healthy or sustainable for Democracy and it just further polarizes things.

Of course it could be helpful for some things everyone wants but simply can't get done because of political infighting but in reality whoever is in power will just push through the most controversial stuff 'while they have the opportunity' often when no one is paying attention to what legislation actually is or does. I suspect that you'd see abortion, gun control, national security, censorship etc. laws passed one after the other but very few things like infrastructure or healthcare. And at some point irreversible decisions will be made because of the fear that one day the party might lose the majority and to prevent the flip flopping.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #5116 on: January 20, 2022, 06:56:09 PM »
Sinema and Manchin would play ball and would vote yes and they could use Kamala as a tie breaker but nope.
They can't do that unless they get rid of the filibuster.

Himu

« Reply #5117 on: January 20, 2022, 07:13:30 PM »
Sinema and Manchin would play ball and would vote yes and they could use Kamala as a tie breaker but nope.
They can't do that unless they get rid of the filibuster.

Well aware and tough luck. Democrats need 10 more votes to pass something most Americans don't care about. Their record as far as pushing legislation so far has been pushing through bad frankenstein bills like this and BBB. Maybe if they pass something that American people gave a shit about that can really hurt Republicans' reputation for not playing ball things would swing their way.

As it is, they know this won't pass because they need a Filibuster and are going to go,"see? republicans are racist". Same old song and dance. Very tiring.

The entire thing is a wedge issue, not a real issue, to care about. It's a bunch of preppies playing games while the rest of us starve.

https://thedispatch.com/p/the-election-was-secure-why-rush

You mistake me not understanding the filibuster rule. My argument is: this is a waste of time to begin with. If Democrats really want to help Americans there are much better bills they can propose. Instead they make up sweeping legislation not when they they have a clear majority but during a time when they two moderate dems in clear opposition of their agenda. On a moral and legalistic side, Manchin and Sinema are correct.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 07:23:45 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5118 on: January 20, 2022, 07:25:53 PM »
what other country requires a 60% threshold in any of its legislative chambers to pass laws?
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5119 on: January 20, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »
Who gives a shit? Why do we need big brother guv to federalize elections? You mean the same government that could be in Republican hands in all three branches in 2025? The same people that tried to take power? The people that are supposedly Neo Nazi's?

See?

Long term thinking.

This is nothing but a game to the D's and defies logic. Pass better legislation Americans care about.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5120 on: January 20, 2022, 07:32:13 PM »

shosta

« Reply #5121 on: January 20, 2022, 07:36:42 PM »
This is nothing but a game to the D's and defies logic. Pass better legislation Americans care about.
they tried. it was called BBB but the Senate is an undemocratic body and killed that too.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5122 on: January 20, 2022, 07:38:08 PM »
they tried. it was called BBB but the Senate is an undemocratic body and killed that too.

BBB was another frankenstein.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5123 on: January 20, 2022, 07:38:35 PM »
you're a frankenstein
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #5124 on: January 20, 2022, 07:41:05 PM »
You understand why these bills have to be so big, right? Do you know how budget reconciliation works? Please read up on it.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5126 on: January 20, 2022, 07:44:53 PM »
There are some things in BBB I like. I wish they'd cut some of it up into separate bills. 2 Trillion altogether, in this economy, is a non starter first off. That's a hard sell at the get go.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5127 on: January 20, 2022, 07:46:43 PM »
You understand why these bills have to be so big, right? Do you know how budget reconciliation works? Please read up on it.

It doesn't change that BBB, as much as it had some good in it, was a confusing sell to most people.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-build-back-better-americans-dont-know-opinion-poll/
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5128 on: January 20, 2022, 07:46:55 PM »
There are some things in BBB I like. I wish they'd cut some of it up into separate bills. 2 Trillion altogether, in this economy, is a non starter first off. That's a hard sell at the get go.
bro they CAN'T, the filibuster prevents them from doing that

It doesn't change that BBB, as much as it had some good in it, was a confusing sell to most people.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-build-back-better-americans-dont-know-opinion-poll/
they knew who they were voting for in 2020; Biden campaigned on climate change funding, infrastructure, paid parent leave, universal childcare, shit like that. The representatives know what's in a bill. That's how a republic works dude, everyone else is busy
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #5129 on: January 20, 2022, 07:51:01 PM »
Himu's premise is that there will be ten Republican votes for some of those separate things. Although the only things I've seen any Republican support for are the child credit and Electoral Count Act. Then again they did wind up with 69 votes on "infrastructure" in the end.

shosta

« Reply #5130 on: January 20, 2022, 07:57:25 PM »
I know what his point is, I'm just saying that presuming any legislation that really matters can and will be supported by a supermajority of senators is this crazily annoying post-hoc justification for a sui generis tool of obstruction that no other deliberative body in the world supports, not even state governments
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5131 on: January 20, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »
Himu's premise is that there will be ten Republican votes for some of those separate things. Although the only things I've seen any Republican support for are the child credit and Electoral Count Act. Then again they did wind up with 69 votes on "infrastructure" in the end.

Precisely. Infrastructure is one of Trump's major election promises. If the D's focused on solely that, and tried to get to get some R's on board it'd be a winner with a lot of Americans and would be a wonderful nest egg to sweep from the MAGA tent. As it is now, infrastructure is now back on the MAGA menu.

A major flaw with the Democrats is that...they're dreamers. They think too big, too soon and this results in wide sweeping bills too big, too soon within the context of the time (a deadlock and a tiebreak and in need of ten additional votes). So in the end, nothing gets done because they're they're all CHANNNNNGE!!! instead of slow practical steps.

So then nothing happens. This is true whether on a local, state, or federal level and one of the major downfalls of the party. Meanwhile Republicans are the opposite.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5132 on: January 20, 2022, 08:06:15 PM »
Precisely. Infrastructure is one of Trump's major election promises. If the D's focused on solely that, and tried to get to get some R's on board it'd be a winner with a lot of Americans and would be a wonderful nest egg to sweep from the MAGA tent. As it is now, infrastructure is now back on the MAGA menu.
??!? They already passed the maximum amount of infrastructure spending they could get Republicans to agree with. That was the whole point of the "clean infrastructure bill". They did it. After that, they wanted to pass the rest of their agenda. That people voted for.

This country has been in a legislative and institutional quagmire since 2010. Before the COVID superbill the last major bill was like Dodd Frank or something. Average people have gotten too far behind while the rich get richer. Change is overdue.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #5133 on: January 20, 2022, 08:07:25 PM »
There isn't a majority for eliminating the filibuster though and this has been well known. Do you think Democrats are going to run on "get us 54 seats so we can eliminate the filibuster"?

shosta

« Reply #5134 on: January 20, 2022, 08:08:52 PM »
Well the Senate isn't even democratic anyway! This bullshit is rigged!
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5135 on: January 20, 2022, 08:09:21 PM »
It's just an example of good tactics and one they should be cognizant of. What I'm articulating is that the big bills is why I also think they're placating. They know it won't pass so they try big, thrifty bills they know won't pass and then blame the elephants.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #5136 on: January 20, 2022, 08:13:30 PM »
You really think the Democrats were negotiating with Manchin in bad faith this entire time, knowing that they wouldn't be able to pass it, in order to make it look like they were doing something:doge
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #5137 on: January 20, 2022, 09:37:31 PM »
The American people do not give a flying fuck. Right now we are dealing with high bills, rising unemployment, and growing prices in food. Are the Democrats helping us out there? NO. In a Politico poll voting rights is not on the minds of many Americans and if they are you are probably well fed.
https://twitter.com/Kennymack1971/status/1483857086194884620
https://twitter.com/are_selfies/status/1483874482737627139

shosta

« Reply #5139 on: January 20, 2022, 09:51:28 PM »
The American people do not give a flying fuck. Right now we are dealing with high bills, rising unemployment, and growing prices in food. Are the Democrats helping us out there? NO.
Unemployment is extremely low to the point of labor shortages and lower quartile wage growth is so strong it's causing inflation (but even stronger growth and CapEx). the economy is really, really good
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5140 on: January 20, 2022, 11:26:50 PM »
The American people do not give a flying fuck. Right now we are dealing with high bills, rising unemployment, and growing prices in food. Are the Democrats helping us out there? NO. In a Politico poll voting rights is not on the minds of many Americans and if they are you are probably well fed.
https://twitter.com/Kennymack1971/status/1483857086194884620
https://twitter.com/are_selfies/status/1483874482737627139

Lmfao

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/1484205156631732227
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5141 on: January 20, 2022, 11:27:53 PM »
The American people do not give a flying fuck. Right now we are dealing with high bills, rising unemployment, and growing prices in food. Are the Democrats helping us out there? NO.
Unemployment is extremely low to the point of labor shortages and lower quartile wage growth is so strong it's causing inflation (but even stronger growth and CapEx). the economy is really, really good

https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2022/01/weekly-initial-unemployment-claims_20.html?m=1
IYKYK

shosta

每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #5144 on: January 20, 2022, 11:59:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/MarkSZaidEsq/status/1484042368487763968

spoiler (click to show/hide)
don't read the last sentence of the letter
[close]

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5145 on: January 21, 2022, 12:13:52 AM »
That last sentence really is some verbal gymnastics to get around saying "we know motherfuckers".
Spud

Himu

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 05:13:54 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5147 on: January 21, 2022, 06:48:21 AM »

Independent gang :rejoice
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5148 on: January 21, 2022, 07:28:36 AM »

:bow ROMNEY

Please I beg you to run, run, run! Right on the mark with the Democratic hysteria. Republicans can fall into hysteria and moralistic pontificating (Freedom Fries :crowdlaff) too but never as much as the Democrats whose entire platform is existential fear-based rhetoric.

OUR DEMOCRACY IS DYING IN THE DARKNESS!! :stop

I'M TOO SCARED TO GO OUTSIDE BECAUSE OF COVID :stop

WE HAVE 9 YEARS LEFT TO SAVE THIS PLANET OR WE ALL DIE!!! :stop

IF WE CANNOT PASS THIS LEGISLATION BLACK PEOPLE WON'T BE ABLE TO VOTE!!! :stop

THE GUNS ARE COMING FOR US!!! :stop

On and on and on and on.

Thank you for speaking up for everyday Americans, Mr. Future President. :american
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5149 on: January 21, 2022, 12:28:00 PM »
Republicans can fall into hysteria and moralistic pontificating (Freedom Fries :crowdlaff) too but never as much as the Democrats whose entire platform is existential fear-based rhetoric.

I'd argue that the majority of the Republican platform (aside from tax cuts for the rich/big corps) is riling up their constituents about existential "threats":

TURRISM!
MUSLIM PRESIDENT!
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
ANTIFA!
GAYS MARRYING!
TRANS BATHROOMS!
PEOPLE SPEAKING OTHER LANGUAGES IN PUBLIC!
WHITE DEMOGRAPHIC DECLINE!
WESTERN CULTURAL DECLINE!
SHARIAH LAW!
BENGHAZI!
STOLEN ELECTIONS!
CRITICAL RACE THEORY!

And moral grandstanding? The anti-abortion, pro-evangelical, "Christian nation" party has that on lockdown. I'd rather 100 SJWs tell me I'm a racist and a colonialist oppressor for failing to use the term Latinx than a single bible thumpin' evangelical giving me a sermon on why I'm going to hell for being a nonbeliever.

And while being chicken little doesn't help the problems, at least the Dems are worried about things that have actually caused death and destruction - covid deaths and extreme weather conditions due to climate change.
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5151 on: January 21, 2022, 01:18:43 PM »
Republicans can fall into hysteria and moralistic pontificating (Freedom Fries :crowdlaff) too but never as much as the Democrats whose entire platform is existential fear-based rhetoric.

I'd argue that the majority of the Republican platform (aside from tax cuts for the rich/big corps) is riling up their constituents about existential "threats":

TURRISM!
MUSLIM PRESIDENT!
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
ANTIFA!
GAYS MARRYING!
TRANS BATHROOMS!
PEOPLE SPEAKING OTHER LANGUAGES IN PUBLIC!
WHITE DEMOGRAPHIC DECLINE!
WESTERN CULTURAL DECLINE!
SHARIAH LAW!
BENGHAZI!
STOLEN ELECTIONS!
CRITICAL RACE THEORY!

And moral grandstanding? The anti-abortion, pro-evangelical, "Christian nation" party has that on lockdown. I'd rather 100 SJWs tell me I'm a racist and a colonialist oppressor for failing to use the term Latinx than a single bible thumpin' evangelical giving me a sermon on why I'm going to hell for being a nonbeliever.

And while being chicken little doesn't help the problems, at least the Dems are worried about things that have actually caused death and destruction - covid deaths and extreme weather conditions due to climate change.

I will be first to concede that yeah, conservatives do raise the alarm a lot but I think a big liberal problem is discounting these issues. Take the refugee situation. It is a complex situation but the way the left tells it anyone that has concerns over safety is a bigot even if they admit empathy towards their plight. The left undercuts how many of the issues you listed change or alter society and then guilt trip if you don't support their way.

MARY AND JOSEPH WERE REFUGEES YOU BIGOT!!
AMERICA LIMITED JEWISH REFUGEES DURING WWII. YOU BY NOT SUPPORTING MORE REFUGEES PROVE TO BE A NAZI BY ASSOCIATION.

You could say both sides don't have empathy towards the others' concerns and that's a problem.

The problem is that liberals tend to discount these issues and their complexities. Take illegal immigration. A lot of Latinos don't support it (or Latinx now that I think about it) yet it's curated as a topic only racists don't support. Why wouldn't illegal immigration and borders be considered a serious issue? You list the issue of the lefts concerns being one of death and destruction just days after a man from the UK flew to Texas and held a synogogue hostage. So in what way aren't borders a legitimate safety concern? A massive liberal failure is taking complex issues and labeling them in binary ways.

Take critical race theory. History should absolutely teach the realities of America's past. The problem is that CRT teaches that race is a part of every single interaction and typifies one's lice experience solely through a racial lens. At that point it stops being history. And it's being taught to grade school students? We should be more honest in what we teach our children of the Great American Myth but teaching our kids that their life will be typified by their race as an oppressed/oppressor dynamic isn't good for the children nor American society. This is a valid concern yet the liberals, in their liberalism, naively shoo away any criticism just like they shoo away any criticism of drag queens reading to kids in libraries with sex convictions.

A fatal flaw of liberalism is it has no idea how too much is too much. There's always more, more, more and don't consider how their choices alter society in some naive pursuit of truth and justice. So they call people that don't support Latinx bigots even though Latinos would rather be called be a spick than Latinx and naively support CRT in some blind wokeness when many black people openly resent it.

The issue is one of empathy. Liberals don't empathize with conservative issues and conservatives don't empathize with liberal issues. But overwhelming in my experience, conservatives are more likely to understand the complexities of an issue than liberals who tend to be more binary. Covid deaths was an issue when Trump was in office and there was no vaccine but now that there is a vaccine and there's more Covid deaths under Biden than Trump suddenly liberals love making fun of those that die because it's mostly the unvaccinated. Then, in their want to be more safe, they take shit too far.

The site Benji posted the other day tackles this in an article. Liberals love to not know what people actually think in some naive pursuit that it's only a concern of Fox News and hardline conservatives again proving their inability to communicate or understand the complexity of issues. Even if you support a liberal cause, like Covid safety, it becomes an issue of HOW. How to reduce deaths? Vaccine is a great way. But HOW do you get more people to get the vaccine? The left thinks a mandate is how things should be done and people should be forced to get it. But if you disagree with that then you're obviously an anti-vaxxer. Why? Because limitations of HOW. Liberals think only their solutions are the solutions worth doing or talking about and unwilling to engage in discussions. Why limitations in how things are approached? Because to the left there's only one solution. Again. Binary. If you're not with us you're against us. You can take the issue of How on every single issue and liberals don't fucking get it because in their bubbles they have concluded only they have the answers to society.

https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/the-fox-news-fallacy

All this does it make it appear the left do not in any way take your concerns seriously which forces exodus from their platform.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:34:09 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

benjipwns

Beezy

« Reply #5153 on: January 21, 2022, 01:40:40 PM »
CRT isn't taught to grade school students.

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5157 on: January 21, 2022, 01:54:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1484222187942858753
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1484533024628912129

what a strange man

Some anti-vaxxer dumbly think that the jab impacts reproduction, including sperm count.

Read this the other week.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7nn87/unvaxxed-sperm-coin-spreading-covid-disinformation
The vaccine can actually change the menstruation cycle for women mainly because it activates the immune system.
It seems highly unlikely that there will be long term effects in this area.

Nearly 99% of side-effects can be traced back to 'triggering the immune system' and dissapear quickly.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #5159 on: January 21, 2022, 02:01:18 PM »