Author Topic: Monster Hunter Rise  (Read 16535 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Monster Hunter Rise · HUNTERS RISE UP
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2021, 08:46:14 AM »

Seems she just beat the main story using only base items. Goddamn...

Bebpo

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2021, 12:35:22 PM »
Watched a vid on Gunlance. Seems pretty complicated with only a 3% userbase usage last game, but seems fun. Gonna try to stick with it. Only thing I don't like is that it seems heavily reliant in Rise on parrying (the only silkbind you're supposed to use with it) and I was never big on parrying in MH when I played Longsword.

Bork, I watched the digital foundry review of mclassic and read some other reviews and doesn't seem for me. I've never been a fan of upscaling and it's nothing like internal rendering at higher resolutions like emulators. Plus my problem with Rise is the textures, geometery, lighting. I don't mind jaggies. Running this on PC at 4k won't change my mind on the visuals, but the 60fps will help for sure. Fwiw, the town and cutscenes look great. Monsters look ok, it's just the maps that look bleh, but I'm still on the demo map.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2021, 01:23:45 PM »
Bork, I watched the digital foundry review of mclassic and read some other reviews and doesn't seem for me.

Well, all I can tell you is that it can make a significant difference for a lot of 3D games and looks absolutely fantastic in person.  Monster Hunter Rise is almost like a showcase game for it.  It looks so good with it.

:lawd

Anyway-

Got Monster Hunter Rise!  Not sure which style I want to go with yet.  Thinking I might want something long-range, but that also might seem kind of boring?  Dunno.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2021, 02:42:57 PM »
Tasty, how do I play with you? Do we need to do stupid friend codes because this is Nintendo?

I don't know who I have added on my friends list on Switch since I never play online stuff on Switch.

Bebpo

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2021, 03:08:44 PM »
Ok, just went through the full Gunlance move & combo list for the first time. This weapon is pretty sick. I think this will be my Rise weapon.

I still have no idea how MP works in this  :derp
I just want to do a guild mission and have 3 random people join my game and kill these monsters quick.

Bebpo

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »
In the demo I only messed with wirebug stuff in combat and wasn't big on it. Doing exploration mode now to mess with gunlance and just running around wall climbing and swinging and now I see why people like the wirebug. Traversal outside combat is definitely nice.

I still don't get the point of the new dog other than a faster dash. Dog can't climb most shit, dog seems useless in combat, wtf is dog there for? Would rather just have me & my palico if my palico would actually heal me.

Bebpo

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2021, 03:30:53 PM »
lolll, ok I did a MP map and realized that when I tried the very first quest I did, since I didn't know any of the new monsters, I was fighting a monster that wasn't the target and was super hard poisoning the shit out of me. I thought it was weird to have a poison monster as the first quest.

This won't be an issue as I figure out the new monsters but kinda annoying it doesn't say the monster name when you are targeting them or even if they are your mission target monster.

Bebpo

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2021, 03:34:58 PM »
Anyhow I figured out the MP, it's in the action bar.

It's unfortunately a lot worse than World/Iceborne for drop in/drop out. You have to pick a specific quest and it'll join a game in-progress that's open to join-in in that one quest.

But what about if there's no one currently doing that quest with join-in invite on? World/Iceborne was nice that you could look at the board and see ALL the in-progress invite-open MP quests and just pick one that you wanted and jump in.

I feel like this will be ok at the start when people are doing the 1star/2star guild stuff in mass, but later on when there's a lot more quests and people are more spread out I feel like there will be a lot of waiting and not finding sessions for specific missions :| Will have to go back to old style of lobbies and taking turns doing missions I guess.

I wonder if Switch didn't have the cpu or something to support a robust online like that?

Bebpo

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2021, 03:47:17 PM »
Ok, back in the hang of the grind and all the sub-systems. MH grind addiction is back.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2021, 04:44:51 PM »
Isnt this game unfinished?
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2021, 04:57:47 PM »
Been grinding these stupid small animal bombadgy racoons for 45 mins to try to get 3 igniters to start my weapon chain :(

This is worse than grinding normal monsters for drops. Especially when the small animals are on the opposite side of the map. Bleh.

*edit* some of these early mats needed for the base weapon tree before you can upgrade into the larger monster weapon trees are stupid. I'm almost done with the rank 1 guild/rank 2 village quests and I still haven't got a single monster fluid which I need for base #1 gunlance. I've had all the mats for the upgrade after it for a while.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:15:38 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »
You know, in terms of graphics I actually like this as a portable game. As a portable this is the best MH has ever looked and runs smooth. On console tv it looks whatever compared to console MH, but as a portable version of MH it's great. I'll probably spend most of my time playing it portable anyhow. That's where I put most of my hours in GU in.

« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2021, 09:00:33 PM »
I tried playing gunlance and it's just too slow for me. I am going back to my 3U weapon, dual blades. They are so good now and the silkbind attack for them is easy to use. I made a full Lagombi set for me and my buddies, but now I'm working on Aknosom.

Bebpo

« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2021, 09:30:57 PM »
It's definitely slow. I find the toughest part so far just being able to face the enemy and do a 180 when I slice past them and they end up facing my back. But getting those Wyrmstake cannon hits in non-stop is really satisfying.

Also I unlocked the skill sets and the ZL+X move you get is so much better than the starting one. Dash stab into buffed Wrymstake cannon or combo is a great damage dealer.

Got my mats so on my 2nd tier paralysis weapon, armor set is a mish mash as the alligator boss at the end of guild rank 1 and some other stuff. On guild-2 and village-3 now.

This game kills the Switch's battery faster than anything else I've played on the system. Got maybe 2.5 hours from full until it said battery low.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2021, 09:34:19 PM »
You know, in terms of graphics I actually like this as a portable game. As a portable this is the best MH has ever looked and runs smooth.

:lawd
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2021, 10:33:10 PM »
Living up to expectations so far. :)

Bebpo

« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »
Living up to expectations so far. :)

Are we switch friends? I wanna kill some monsters with bore peeps.

Not sure who I have from here on my list.

Tasty

« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2021, 11:17:48 PM »
I don't think so. :thinking

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Just beat Great Izuchi lol, spent most of today writing. Tomorrow will be when I jump in with friends in earnest. :D

Bebpo

« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2021, 01:12:38 AM »
Yeah, I only slept like 3 hours after playing it last night and watching gunlance tutorials at 3am and today was just crashing through the early stuff until dead.

Tomorrow will play a bunch. Not sure if there's any point to doing the village quests once you've unlocked all the tutorial sub-systems. So probably just be doing MP hunting.

My friend code is (wtf does Nintendo just use names at this point...) 8009-2682-1806

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2021, 02:40:42 AM »
Spent most of my play time trying out the weapons.  Still not sure which one I want to go with, but it's also nice to see that you can switch them out at item boxes or the camp at any time.  I see a lot of potential in the gun lance and there's some crazy shit I see people have done in World.  Kind of like the heavy bowgun, but I think the bow is a better fit.  Thinking I may go with the sword and shield for now.  Feels more mobile and blocking is nice.

In that first field tour mission, there's a monster walking around- are you supposed to be strong enough at the start to take it out?  I tried several attempts and it kept getting me. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2021, 03:04:34 AM »
Do you mean field expedition? You're not supposed to fight monsters in those. That's for exploring and gathering and finding the other base camps (fast travel spots).

You want to do the missions to fight the monsters. The game starts you off with whacking little animals and gathering fruits and stuff. By the end of the 1-star village quests you'll have quests to fight real monsters. I get why they do the little animal/collect quests as tutorials but I really think they could ditch all that and just focus on the main monsters at this point in the series. It's just a waste of time, same with when you need to grind mats from small animals or rare collect stuff. The game should just be about fighting large monsters only. Maybe someday.

Yeah, the training room is great. I think the biggest improvement in this game from World is honestly just being able to fast travel around the city hub with no load times to get shit done. It's really nice, I still have nightmares riding those damn lifts in World to get up to the blacksmith.

Bebpo

« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2021, 03:09:06 AM »

In Gundam mode.

Did a bit into the 2-star MP quests. The 2-star fights are starting off pretty strong. Enjoyed Bishaten a lot. I feel like the 1-star fights were kinda bland outside Kula-Yaku but he's just oldy but goody. I like that my new Gunlance bullets that go through armor break his boulder real easy and stun him :D

Messed around a bit with Hammer and LS to get a better feel for their new moves in this. Hammer's new stuff is pretty kick ass, but LS just seems alright. I'm gonna grind out a nice hammer so I at least have the option of switching back at times. Gunlance is going pretty great, the more I play the more comfortable I'm getting with it and bursting bullets into monsters toppling them. Mostly just using side dodge hops and guard counter silkbind to avoid hits so far.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2021, 04:17:58 AM »
An hour in there's just so many tutorials, do this do that, make sure you eat, make sure you collect birds, make sure you do all these things before you go out and do anything fun.

I remember why I can't get into these games.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2021, 07:11:53 AM »
They should put in a veteran mode that disables the tutorial crap. You can pick the tutorials on the new mechanics from the mission list anyways.

Beezy

« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2021, 09:12:13 AM »
An hour in there's just so many tutorials, do this do that, make sure you eat, make sure you collect birds, make sure you do all these things before you go out and do anything fun.

This and my OG Xbone being a weak piece of shit is why I couldn't get into World for so long. I started up the latest Rise demo a few days ago, started reading all the text, then turned it off. ::)

Tasty

« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2021, 09:16:20 AM »
In that first field tour mission, there's a monster walking around- are you supposed to be strong enough at the start to take it out?  I tried several attempts and it kept getting me.

Nope lol. But you should be strong enough before too long.

Tasty

« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2021, 09:18:32 AM »
They should put in a veteran mode that disables the tutorial crap. You can pick the tutorials on the new mechanics from the mission list anyways.

You can turn off tutorial tips in the settings and completely avoid the training isle/training missions past the first introductory one with Kakashi Utsushi.

When the tutorials weren't ever-present MH got shit for being "obtuse." You normies brought this on yourselves. :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2021, 09:22:56 AM »

This and my OG Xbone being a weak piece of shit is why I couldn't get into World for so long. I started up the latest Rise demo a few days ago, started reading all the text, then turned it off. ::)

I mean, every function on the controller has a dedicated mechanic mapped to it (sometimes multiple.) It's a complex game and I'd be remiss if it was significantly dumbed-down.

Wirebug adds even more complexity compared to past games too.

Beezy

« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2021, 11:00:14 AM »
I don't want anything to be dumbed down, I just don't like tutorials that are basically long walls of text. I'm good once I get past them, but I was literally falling asleep during the Rise demo because of this.

Tasty

« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2021, 11:19:14 AM »
You can turn off the pop-ups at least. The story/cutscene explainers aren't overbearing IMO.

Bebpo

« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2021, 08:33:34 PM »
How's everyone's Rise playing going?

I wasted my free day doing other things like sleep, so just gonna turn it on now. If I see any of you playing I'll try to join.

Tasty

« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2021, 08:41:17 PM »

I wasted my free day doing other things like sleep, so just gonna turn it on now. If I see any of you playing I'll try to join.

I had to deal with some stupid BS today lol... Only have enough energy for like 2-3 solo missions, if I don't crash. Maybe. Will let you know. :P

Bebpo

« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2021, 11:51:26 PM »
I feel like, at least in the gathering hall 3/4p mode, this is surprisingly tougher than World/IB/GU was. Finishing up the LR 2-stars and man I did not expect boring old Barroth to stunlock people and then hit them for a one-shot cart at 2-star LR. We had a team wipe on him like 15 mins in, only wipe I've seen so far.

Him and Khezu both took a good 20 mins+, lotta HP and pretty good damage dealing. Just surprised seeing this at LR. HR might actually be a challenge.

My experience with GU/World was that the monsters usually aren't "wipe hard" before endgame tempered/apex versions until G rank/Master rank. Then again at this point I don't have much access to skill choosing, so that makes it a bit tougher. Need to unlock slots. I've just been step dodging everything with gunlance and don't think I've blocked once. Gonna throw some guard up skills on and try guarding hits.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2021, 12:13:37 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2021, 12:15:18 AM »

Ended up playing a bunch of SFV with a friend online, then finished up the first beginner village quests.  GO ME, lol. 

I did the first Great Izuchi urgent mission and took it down fairly easily- just equipped the heavy bowgun and blocked oncoming attacks and kept on firing. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2021, 01:18:36 AM »
Interesting on progression

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gathering Hub LR is 1-3 star, HR is 4 star. No progression guides so far are past 4-star so no idea if there is 5/6-star in HR.

But more interesting/weird is Village quests have no High Rank at all. The village quest is just LR fight all the monsters once in LR versions -> story done. Weird. I see where people are saying this feels shorter than World even if there's more monsters. World's story went through Low Rank -> Boss -> High Rank -> final boss.

Gonna do Gathering Hub 3-star tomorrow and hopefully get to HR so can start getting good gear with slots and stuff.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2021, 01:54:32 AM »
Also it's interesting that all I've been playing is MP really with randoms and 90% of my teammates are from Japan or China given their usernames. Pretty rare to run into someone with a username in English.

I'll be pretty interested in how this does in the west. In the east it's gonna be insanely huge of course.

Bebpo

« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2021, 02:40:22 AM »
Btw, having not played the 2nd demo, that Magnamalo fight was...intense. Was kinda a Nergigante reskin, but still pretty intense and my armor was really not cutting it. One hit did like 60-70% HP damage ><

Still didn't cart once and we cleared it on first time in like 15 mins. So was good. I probably should be grinding the fight out for a new armor set to get me through hub 3star and into high rank. I'm still running pieces that are like 20 DEF and his stuff is 28 DEF starting.

« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2021, 02:51:07 AM »
barioth my king! it was good to fight you again  :'(

volvidon = trash. bring back uragaan.

Bebpo

« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2021, 04:01:17 AM »
Yeah, I'm enjoying all the armored dudes with my Gunlance shells that go through them.

I didn't understand how Wide/Normal/Long versions of Gunlance worked, but now I do and I also learned that the starting skill reloads in mid-air + cuts down the cooldown of your super nuke blast and between non-stop burst fire -> silksmash -> burst fire -> wyvern fire nukes I'm doing real crazy DPS.

Also actually using block now and it works surprisingly well on the smaller hits and helps stay in place pretty well along with back & side hops.

The only thing that sucks about Gunlance besides the really stiff movement is since the bullets are elementless, making elemental weapons, which is my favorite part of MH weapon grind is a lot weaker since you're only getting the elements in on the physical slashes which are like maybe 1/2 your hits or less? Seems like raw weapons probably best if their sharpness can hold up since Gunlance burns through sharpness faster than any other weapon.

Bebpo

« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2021, 04:02:03 AM »
Also I've never noticed the music in MH games before.

But I turned down the sound effects/voices and kept the music and now I'm noticing every monster theme song and the music is pretty great.

Bebpo

« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2021, 04:21:54 AM »
Damn, I've unlocked a 140 atk gunlance on my weapon tree (using 80-100 atk ones currently) and have all the parts but I need the two before it and they require FISH

I've never had to learn to fish and grind fish in a MH game for mats before. This sucksss

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2021, 06:24:57 AM »

Got a set of Arzuros armor cause it looks cute. Playing the SP content. Sounds like the MP gets to the better stuff much faster. Last thing I fought was the Aknosom to get into 3 star quests. (But that armor looks cool as well, so I'm gonna grind that.)

Tasty

« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2021, 11:02:40 AM »
Fyi if you clear story mode you get a special ticket to bypass Low Rank Hub entirely.

Edit-
Skip Gathering Hub Quests - Once your Village Quest level is four stars, you’ll start receiving Special License Tests. Upon completing these fairly difficult quests, you’ll increase your Gathering Hub Quest level by 1 rank. So if you’re looking to bypass some of the earlier star levels in the hub, try waiting for these Special License Tests.

Double protip: never invest too much in any LR armor or weapon sets lol. Save your resources for HR.

Bebpo

« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2021, 12:31:18 PM »
Yeah, you also unlock stuff in the village each time you increase rank in the hub.

Not sure if you’ll get the credit roll and stuff tho since you miss every boss intro cutscene playing in the hub.

I figure worst case scenario I can do village quests with HR gear and kill everything easily in a few mins at some point to see the story stuff.

Bebpo

« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2021, 04:25:55 PM »
Got to High Rank. Watched some cutscene from SP, but Elder's aren't unlocked yet so I dunno if Village gets those towards the end.

Time to grind out some early HR gear and fill some decorations in.

Also I find the controls kinda laggy in this game. Can't tell if it's the framerate or there's slight online lag. Sometimes my silk attacks don't come out and I have to press multiple times as well as other moves combos not happening when I want to. I don't even bother with charge shells on Gunlance because the charging just seems laggy.

Bebpo

« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
It's pretty lame that the Rampage weapons are basically the best weapons so the endgame encouragement is instead of playing MONSTER HUNTER and hunting monsters...to grind out sitting behind gatling guns holding A in tower defense  :-\

Good thing I don't care about min-maxing so will just not use any rampage weapons/skills and be slightly weaker. Oh well. I got lucky and for the second forced rampage urgent quest I joined a MP match that was already on the final horde wave. Took like 2 mins and got my quest done check even if I didn't get any loot. Pretty much how I want to get quest complete on all the forced rampage missions in this game.

MH is so dumb that every game they feel they have to put in shitty siege missions/bosses to grind out. No one likes these, they really should just not bother.

« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2021, 07:48:22 PM »
i wasn't paying attention to the explanation and ended up doing all the village quests first. saw credits very quickly. i guess it's on to hub quest grinding.

Bebpo

« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2021, 08:34:00 PM »
Yeah I'm at the urgent quest for HR-2star, but uhhh I still haven't made a full or even half HR armor yet, so I probably should grind that out before moving on into more HR as well as upgrading my weapon up a bit more.

I've got like 2/5 pieces at 40 DEF each, the other three are still LR pieces at like 22 DEF each.

When I play MH I typically just do each monster once and move to the next and blitz through them all. This isn't good for getting armor lol. I mix and match new armor pieces when I can get something new and better, but I usually just stop when I start getting near a stonewall where things are doing like 75% HP damage per hit and then spend an hour grinding the latest set with the highest DEF or best skills for my weapon, then just get back to blitzing until I hit the next wall.

Using Gunlance since I'm guarding A LOT, I'm actually not taking that much damage on these early HRs with my LR armor. Still have had some close calls though. And once I forgot to eat and without the extra health I did get one-shotted by dancing bird.

Bebpo

« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2021, 10:58:57 PM »
Got a full HR armor set and HR tier weapon. Got to HR-2star (HR5) and feel in a pretty comfortable place.

One thing I gotta say is the monster count in this might be a few more than base World, but coming from World + Title Updates + Iceborne + Title Updates aka full current World/Iceborn roster & GU's crazy 60-70 monster roster, this definitely feels a bit small. Feels like keep seeing the same monsters come up at this point.

I think I've cleared about 26-28 or so individual monsters at this point and it feels like HR is only adding like 1 new monster per rank. I'm guessing the last bunch will be the Elders in the final tier.

I'm sure after title updates & g-rank next year the roster will be pretty nice, and it's got some great stuff in there, but definitely feeling a bit cramped.

Also I checked my game time and ffffuuu I'm almost at 20 hours gametime since Friday ><

Think at this point I'll take a breather and get back to normal life stuff and just run a few monsters a night and slowly get through the rest.

Bebpo

« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2021, 01:02:03 AM »
The way matchmaking works with randoms is...not going to work for high end hunts.

I tried doing a couple HR5 hunts tonight and nothing but people carting and wipes on just stuff like HR Barroth or Rathian. If the random matchmaking people can't survive these guys, there is no way this is gonna work for Elders.

In World since you could see the HR ranks & weapons of the quest you were choosing to join you could at least pick a team that was pretty overleveled and figured they'd probably be fine on gear/not-carts. Like most of the time I'd just quests in World someone would be like HR127 or something and the other people would be HR55 or so.

I guess the best way to take on the higher end fights with this online is going to be to join lobbies. At least that way you can tell quick if the other players have decent gear and know how to not cart and then can stick with the group and get stuff you need done. I'm not a high end skill player in MH, but I'm pretty good at not adding any carts as I play more defensively if there's a chance of one or two shots.

Might just solo if I have to, but the HP pools in solo gathering hub have always turned me off. The 3x HP with 4 players feels about right.

Tasty

« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2021, 02:06:37 PM »
I'm taking it relatively slowly (especially compared to past MH's like 3U and 4U) and it's been pretty nice. I'm glad I took the trouble to learn all of GU's subsystems because they're basically copied over exactly, just with a better coat of paint.

Super duper love various QoL things probably introduced in World. Zr to depart immediately, the in-game weapon/armor upgrade trees, no fucking timer on the single player rewards screen, fast travel in quests, the new map fog/Great Wirebug system, various streamlinings, infinite whetstones, Palamute and Wirebug travel, etc. It's all clicking for me on every level right now.

Have yet to try online, admittedly. :-[

Bebpo

« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2021, 04:24:51 AM »
Had a really good successful night with randoms. I think maybe playing late at night when more of Japan is online is probably better haha.

Cleared up most of HR5, no wipes and then I jumped into Mizutsune HR6 and oooooooooooh boy. I heard people say this fight was cart central with randoms and I jump in with my 272 DEF and pump up Water Res to 15 and feel good, then I join the fight and in the first minute I get one-shotted  :(

Well two-shotted technically, got knocked down with a 25-30% hit and then something hit me for 70%

Felt bad for my team. So I went back and played VERY VERY CAREFULLY and learned the fight pretty well, fought good, was blocking and step hopping with my evade extender 3 and getting pokes and blasts in here and there. Someone else got a cart pretty earlier so we were down to the wire and the fight was intense as fuck and we beat it.

First time in Rise that after we beat the monster I just stood there because I was still feeling "...holy fuck, we are alive"

If that's representative of the HR6 fights, gonna have to spend a bit of time working on my gear again. Almost there, just gotta get through these HR6 monsters and then at final HR and endgame/elder fights.

Excited for the rest of the fights. Gunlance turns Monster Hunter into Dark Souls Heavy Build. On the tougher more intense fights it's super satisfying keeping the shield out and hopping around and getting hits in carefully while dodging & countering or side stepping a boss attack and countering. I actually think I prefer it to rolling. You have fewer i-frames, but it just feels more technical and satisfying blocking and stepping. I like playing Souls as heavy builds and it really has a lot of similarities in feel. On the easier fights it doesn't show as much, but on the harder fights where you can just mash damage because hits will kill you it's got a nice dodge and counter flow.

Bebpo

« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2021, 05:00:15 AM »
Finally looked up the monsters left since it feels like I've seen most of them. Only four I haven't fought yet, though I haven't fought HR versions of 4-5 as well yet.

Base monster count is pretty damn close to World

spoiler (click to show/hide)
34 large monsters at launch. 32 + 2 elders.
[close]

Iceborne had 71 large monsters by the end from like 31 at launch, so Rise roster should really grow in a couple of years.

Tasty

« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2021, 09:31:40 AM »
https://twitter.com/Renzo_Knuckles/status/1376571520957435907

Cute armor. Did your husband get it for you?

Bebpo

« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2021, 04:19:58 AM »
Cleared the first Elder in Rampage. Was kind of a real obnoxious Elder so in retrospect I'm ok with the Elder being Rampage only since you can just machinegun the Elder.

Almost cleared HR6 tonight. Had a good run for a couple fights online, but team wiped on Tobi-Kadachi 16 mins in. Bummmmer. I had a feeling the team would wipe because people got the first two carts pretty quick, so I made sure to grab any dropped materials ASAP so I at least got something.

If I get some good teams I'll hit HR7 tomorrow and start on the final fights. I've got my Gunlance at a Rarity 5 weapon with Shell lvl.4 (normal) and it does pretty good damage. I prefer (wide) for Gunlance but I've barely got any Wide weapons options on my weapon tree where I am. Probably will have to stick with Normal shelling Gunlances until endgame. Normal is fine it's just slow because you need to do a 3 hit combo to burst shot each time and the first two hits are really, really slow. On fast monsters it's hard to get combos in since the monsters keep moving around. I thought Barioth was the toughest monster in HR6 because of that. Jerk would not stop moving.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2021, 12:56:32 PM »
Alrighty time to jump in to this bad boy! Got the amiibo ordered up from Amazon.co.jp too. Thanks Gamestomp!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 01:19:06 PM by G The Resurrected »

G The Resurrected

« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2021, 01:14:06 PM »
GameStop exclusive Amiibo are available online for those that need them now... fake GME money or 💴 ?

Tasty

« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
Pro Controller nowhere to be found :shaq2

Bebpo

« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2021, 01:31:18 PM »
Pro Controller nowhere to be found :shaq2

:(

There's some good 3rd party ones too like the 8bitdo controllers if you need something in a pinch. I prefer the Pro controller for Rise because the triggers on 8bitdo have more distance to push down, but otherwise it seems to work as well.