Author Topic: Let's get them shots bois, post here when you get yer f'n covid vaccine  (Read 12321 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
DOSE 1 (pfizer) DOWN CAN'T WAIT TO RAW DOG ME SOME AIR IN ABOUT A MONTH OR SO
yar

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Already got both my phizer shots, second one about a month ago and that last one was ROUGH as fuck afterwards.

archnemesis

I'm not expecting a vaccine before September. We still haven't vaccinated the nonagenarians.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
I'm not expecting a vaccine before September. We still haven't vaccinated the nonagenarians.

Same
地平線

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
I got the natural vaccine for free

:bernie
:O

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.

:bow  :bow2
Margs

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Same

Where are you Boritos at?
yar

T-Short

• hooker strangler

Same

Sweden, here
地平線

team filler

• filler
  • filler
after looking into how me n mom can get vaxxed, this chit is a complete mess  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
mr xi pls send help  :stahp

BIONIC

Margs

G The Resurrected

Re: Let's get them shots bois, post here when you get yer f'n covid vaccine
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 04:42:34 PM »
I followed the sign for “Free shots this way!” behind the local Taco Bell. The instructions said to pull down your pants and they’d give you a shot. It took them a few minutes to find a vein on the inside but eventually they filled me up with that sweet hot thick vaccine! I can’t wait for the second shot. Hopefully it won’t be as messy as the first one, some of it spilled out...

I’m waiting to get mine still. 1C is supposed to open up tomorrow so here’s to hoping I can get mine soon.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 06:22:30 PM »
It will be towards the end of the year for me most likely (Australia).
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 06:34:29 PM »
According to the website May so probably September or not at all.  :yeshrug

Over the past few years it has been hit and miss with the flu shot as well.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 06:36:59 PM »
I'm hoping to get shot #1 Moderna tomorrow. FINGERS CROSSED.

thetylerrob

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 07:46:23 PM »
First shot of Moderna February 24th, Second shot March 24th. Leggooooooo

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 08:40:55 PM »
We got Pfizer first dose today too, honestly wasn’t expecting to get it this soon. Was able to let a few friends know too so a lot of us will be good in 5 weeks or so.

Good luck big city bore

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 09:41:25 PM »
The administration of it in the US is so classically 'murican- scattershot, state by state approaches to getting it done, and even on a state level you have different ways of going about getting shots (state/county health departments, pharmacies, etc)

Georgia is, obviously, a clusterfuck as you know if you've been paying cursory attention. We abandoned the idea of "phases" a couple weeks ago to go with the reasoned, science based plan of "whatever Guv Brine Kemp announces on any given day" and wheeeeee it's a clusterfuck. I'm in phase 1-C (beetus, BMI deemed obesity, etc) and other states were already in that phase, and I guess Kemp got sick of bad press so within the span of like 8 days we went from phase 1-A to adding teachers and parents of kids with high comorbidities, to now actual adults with those comorbidities, which is me. But the day before he announced us I got fed up and downloaded the Walgreen's app, filled out some info and the app said I qualified so I was all "well if the app says it fuck it, I'ma sign up for a damn vaccine." There were no appointments, but Walgreen's is only scheduling 3 days in advance for first doses (you schedule your 2nd dose when you schedule the first) so I checked again that night right at midnight and boom, appointment scheduled. At the pharmacy today the very bored looking tech just made me fill out a couple pages of paperwork and said "just fill this out, if your qualification isn't listed write it in or if you're a caretaker write that" so some places dgaf why you qualify, they're just jabbing fuckers with needles which hell yeah, GIMME THAT INSIDE ME SO I CAN GO OUT AND EAT SOME CHIPS N QUESO BITCHES

Anyway that was my experience. First dose has given me no side effects 11+ hours later, just a pretty sore arm. Overall, 13/10 experience, would do again in order to not die.
yar

Boredfrom

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2021, 12:47:11 AM »
Not even close in my country. Maybe by summer.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2021, 08:28:27 AM »
I was pfizered 2x in January

Thing is I haven't changed how I live and I doubt it will change me any time soon. I still won't go to restaurants, still won't go out maskless when getting groceries. I have two people at home who haven't gotten any indication when they are going to get shot up.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 09:19:40 AM by zomgee »
rub

archnemesis

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 08:34:30 AM »

Sweden, here
Also Sweden, but the other coast (Stockholm).

G The Resurrected

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 08:59:09 AM »
TUESDAY! TUESDAY! TUESDAY! @ THE Walgreens
LETS FUCKING GO!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2021, 09:59:25 AM »
Got my first dose of Pfizer on March 4th. 2nd dose scheduled for the 24th.

In the last month in Texas so many avenues have opened up in the past month that if you put just a bit of effort in then it's fairly easy to find an appointment - at least in Houston.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2021, 10:02:20 AM »
just checked cvs and after a few clicks got both appointments in right here in town  :info

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2021, 12:00:35 PM »
just checked cvs and after a few clicks got both appointments in right here in town  :info

Same here at a Walgreens right down the street.  That was super-easy.

:wong
ど助平

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2021, 12:32:40 PM »
I’ve got a heart condition but not eligible in WA until April 26th. Going to try a mass vaccination site at the end of the day today and see if I can get lucky with a leftover dose.

If I manage to get one, my behavior won’t change since my wife is further back in line and our daughter won’t be vaccinated until there’s a children’s vaccine.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:47:42 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2021, 02:04:22 PM »
I don't REALLY see my behavior changing at all any time soon, I live with two other people who are probably a couple weeks away from getting dose one. Even after the household is fully vaccinated I doubt too much changes. After the two weeks post dose two is complete for full immunity or whatever, I do intend on growing my beard out again because man do I fucking hate shaving and seeing my stupid face all the time. I'll wear some sort of facial covering but not needing a really tight seal on a mask will be nice again.

I may also go see Black Widow in the theater since I'll be fully immunized by May 7 :yeshrug
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2021, 02:10:15 PM »
Looks like it's the Moderna vaccine for me?  The doses are almost a month apart. 

Zero changes for me after the vaccine- my wife isn't eligible yet (and is currently all conspiracy-theory about it and wants to keep waiting) and we have the baby who can't get it anyway.  Still not going to go anywhere I don't need to. 
ど助平

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2021, 02:30:19 PM »
Found an appointment at CVS for my dad on Friday

:rejoice

Called to let him know.

He asked what type. I told him it's Moderna.

He told me to cancel he wants Pfizer

:existential
:O

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2021, 02:45:31 PM »
Found an appointment at CVS for my dad on Friday

:rejoice

Called to let him know.

He asked what type. I told him it's Moderna.

He told me to cancel he wants Pfizer

:existential

What the fuck. I'll take your dad's appointment.
野球

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2021, 03:16:49 PM »
Johnson and Johnson one just became available just down the street from me at a conference center, they're really busting people through there, the wait time is like five minutes or something absurdly short.

I can technically get it, but I really should be nearer to the end of the line so I've figured I can wait until April or whatever it is anyway. I know it's not really "taking one" from somebody but I can wait.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2021, 03:19:50 PM »
at your weight you should def be getting the jab, benj

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2021, 03:21:00 PM »
:info
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2021, 03:40:39 PM »
I just got Pfizer 1st shot, thought it was gonna be Moderna because at Walgreens 2nd shot is scheduled 4 weeks out instead of usual 3 weeks for Pfizer.

They said it’s because they’re trying to get more 1st shots in first. And 4 weeks is fine for Pfizer

Almost there.

BIONIC

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2021, 03:49:00 PM »
So many new Globalist friends  :jeb  :klob  :rejoice
Margs

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2021, 04:06:17 PM »
I just got Pfizer 1st shot, thought it was gonna be Moderna because at Walgreens 2nd shot is scheduled 4 weeks out instead of usual 3 weeks for Pfizer.

They said it’s because they’re trying to get more 1st shots in first. And 4 weeks is fine for Pfizer

Almost there.

Awesome news!
野球

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »
get dem shots bois  :heartbeat
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2021, 04:23:59 PM »
Get 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2021, 05:22:17 PM »
fwiw if you're in California, my experience with the 1C 16-49 health risk group w/Walgreens is you fill out the consent form and check off the box and list your medical condition and then they take your form and don't ask you anything besides the basic if you've had covid recently or been in contact with anyone who has and what is your date of birth.

Not sure if that'll extrapolate to every place and how they handle phase 1C, but it's probably reflective of it. There were like 3 other people getting it at the same time because I guess they wait until they have a few people to unthaw a dose and the other people were women in their like 20s.

There was also a super cute girl in a wheelchair and I may have kinda had an

:uguu moment

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2021, 05:46:44 PM »
p sure you can just lie while filling out the online qualifying stuff and they won't bother to check

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2021, 05:50:11 PM »
:info
(ice)

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2021, 08:48:34 PM »
Got turned away at three vaccination sites in the Seattle suburbs this afternoon looking for a leftover dose. I get that looking for an extra is going to be hard work so that’s ok, what’s frustrating is that I’ve got a heart condition and a mechanical mitral valve and I’m not officially eligible FOR FIVE MORE WEEKS. I could be trying to get an extra dose for five more weeks and have nothing. Fuck.
野球

G The Resurrected

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2021, 09:03:44 PM »
That’s seriously ridiculous dude, I’m sorry man. If I could secure you a slot down here do you think you’d be up for a little road trip?

Also have you hit up your local CVS and Walgreens that are administering shots? I’ve heard of folks waiting daily at them and getting lucky.

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2021, 09:22:22 PM »
That’s seriously ridiculous dude, I’m sorry man. If I could secure you a slot down here do you think you’d be up for a little road trip?

Also have you hit up your local CVS and Walgreens that are administering shots? I’ve heard of folks waiting daily at them and getting lucky.

Thanks for the offer, but I’ll be ok. Just keep trying and also hoping the Seattle Indian Health Board moves to my age group soon!

There are TONS of people trying to get the leftovers. It’s nuts.

Most places here have internal waitlists for people 65+ or who are economically disadvantaged. Seattle is handling this differently than most other parts of the country. That’s how it’s working at CVS, Walgreens, Bartells, Safeway, Fred Meyer, etc.
野球

G The Resurrected

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2021, 09:28:20 PM »
Yeah the vaccine hunters are out in force. That’s why I was suggesting a roadtrip possibly. Hell Biden wants it open to everyone by May 1st which is like 6 weeks away. By the time you’re eligible it might be a bigger shit show than it is now.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2021, 11:56:58 PM »
Got my first shot (pfizer) on March 4th, going back on March 25th. Even as I'm fully vaxxed, I'm still going to try to follow all health precautions as I work in a school, and it's always been a breeding ground for germs.

Also, I'm double masking at conventions because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck getting the Con flu again. 

Bebpo

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2021, 12:06:15 AM »
Yeah, even after vaccination I'm still gonna follow procedures until the numbers get to like single digits in my county. Especially since they aren't 100% sure how effective the vaccine is on weakened immune systems, so I still gotta take some precautions. But now will take normal person precautions and not paranoid overkill precautions.

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2021, 02:26:32 AM »
Got both of mine. Moderna. Second shot was fucking killer though

Bebpo

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2021, 02:34:00 AM »

Yeah, like 3/4ths of my friends/family who got Pzifer/Moderna had 100F fevers and stuff for 24 hours after the second shot. The only person I know who didn't have that reaction was my dad, who had Covid last year and still had antibodies before the vaccine. Sounds rough.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2021, 12:05:43 PM »
Got that Pfizer juice bois!

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2021, 02:01:26 PM »

Yeah, like 3/4ths of my friends/family who got Pzifer/Moderna had 100F fevers and stuff for 24 hours after the second shot. The only person I know who didn't have that reaction was my dad, who had Covid last year and still had antibodies before the vaccine. Sounds rough.

My parents got their second dose of Pfizer on Friday, it kicked my mom's ass hardcore Saturday evening but she's all good now.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2021, 05:23:00 PM »
A bit over 24H since the shot and getting a 99 degree fever going (usually run about 97.1), I looked up and 8% of people report fever from 1st dose, so not that odd even if most people get the fever on second dose. Head is burning hot and feel like shit, I dropped my electronic thermometer on the bathroom floor and the pieces went everywhere >< Put it back together and cleaned it with alcohol wipes and seems...ok.

Unfortunately have a ton of work today so it sucks, at least moving gruelling long phone calls and just gonna do paperwork stuff/emails...

I kinda low-key hope that if I get a bad fever from dose 1 that dose 2 won't be as bad. But who knows, having a fucked up immune system makes me get extra sick from everything and take way longer to recover.

Still worth it! If I'm getting fucked up it means the vaccine is working.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2021, 05:46:06 PM »
I’ve heard some folks have a stronger reaction to the 1st dose because they were possibly already previously exposed to COVID-19 but not infected by it. Which usually means the second dose isn’t as severe. I know I’m feeling it already and it is affecting my respiratory system a little. No fever or anything else yet. Good time to rest a bit and do some reading.

Got my father his appointment this afternoon after he called to ask what he needed to do, damn procrastinator. He got the J&J one and done, his area is obviously not doing a good job at vaccination efforts/outreach. He’s had a history with COVID-19 already and now he’s freaked out about variants since the bullshit machine can’t spew out more misguided nonsense about the “Hong-flu” anymore.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:11:55 PM by G The Resurrected »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »
I was mostly fine from the 1st dose, really sore in my arm and maybe a little tired the first night, but otherwise good to go.
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2021, 10:42:53 PM »
I’ve heard some folks have a stronger reaction to the 1st dose because they were possibly already previously exposed to COVID-19 but not infected by it. Which usually means the second dose isn’t as severe. I know I’m feeling it already and it is affecting my respiratory system a little. No fever or anything else yet. Good time to rest a bit and do some reading.

Got my father his appointment this afternoon after he called to ask what he needed to do, damn procrastinator. He got the J&J one and done, his area is obviously not doing a good job at vaccination efforts/outreach. He’s had a history with COVID-19 already and now he’s freaked out about variants since the bullshit machine can’t spew out more misguided nonsense about the “Hong-flu” anymore.

Yeah, I heard that too, though I'm still just betting any effects on my immune system being weird. Fever didn't get any higher and I just took a tylenol and knocked out from like 3pm-7pm and now I feel fine, even the shoulder soreness is gone. Still guessing I'll be fucked up on shot 2 like everyone else. This appointment came out of nowhere so I didn't have time to pre-shuffle work deadlines prior to it, but for shot two I'm just booking out like 2-3 days of work stuff just in case I'm running a 101 fever for 2 days or something.

Glad your dad got the vaccine.

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »
I got on a waste prevention waitlist at four Wal-marts and have been going by a vaccination site all this week to get on their daily wait list for any unused doses. They said it’s determined by age and they’ll give first priority to any volunteers. The guy told me I should volunteer but then I said I don’t feel safe doing that due to my medical condition and he didn’t have a good response.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2021, 04:43:31 PM »
I got on a waste prevention waitlist at four Wal-marts and have been going by a vaccination site all this week to get on their daily wait list for any unused doses. They said it’s determined by age and they’ll give first priority to any volunteers. The guy told me I should volunteer but then I said I don’t feel safe doing that due to my medical condition and he didn’t have a good response.

:(

Yeah if I wasn't worried about my safety I would've done the volunteer thing down here too. It sucks when you're extra vulnerable. Hopefully you'll get a call soon on the waste prevention list. Even when I went someone had flaked on their appointment and they were calling around.

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 04:54:51 PM »

:(

Yeah if I wasn't worried about my safety I would've done the volunteer thing down here too. It sucks when you're extra vulnerable. Hopefully you'll get a call soon on the waste prevention list. Even when I went someone had flaked on their appointment and they were calling around.

It sounds like if you're under 55 you're likely shit out of luck on the leftover doses. People with health conditions 50-64 won't be eligible until April 12th. There are also tons of people currently eligible that can't find an appointment showing up for leftover doses. I honestly cannot wrap my mind around people who are eligible for the vaccine and are struggling to make an appointment. Are they stubborn and only want something close to their house? Do they not have the internet?
野球

Courage

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2021, 06:58:13 PM »
I got 2nd Moderna on Monday and it did a number on me as well. Had a fever and body aches the entire night of and just felt "off" up until this morning. At least it's over with tho.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2021, 07:38:07 PM »
Pfizer bois represent  :doge

Super sore arm after both shots. No other symptoms. Parents had minor symptoms, and my gyal got super sick after the second shot. From what I've read, the second shot typically gives younger people (<40yo) symptoms, and she was nauseous/threw up/dizzy/coughing/etc for a couple days.