Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785223 times)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
Re: Official Off-site Discussion and Women Appreciation Thread |OT| #girlpower
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-showcase-is-tomorrow-are-we-going-to-see-darksiders-4-reveal.487141/page-2#post-73490308

User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Inflammatory Community Generalization
Quote from: mk_68
Where's the showcase gonna be? Youtube? Twitch? A site for nazis and pedophiles?

Love how the "progressive" resetera has moved past that btw lol.
:salute
OBE

Tasty

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »
C. Robert Cargill is pretty cool and digging up a tweet from 2011 is just about the lamest thing I've ever heard of.

Snyder fans are next-level pathetic. :lol

Come on, dude.

?

Dude is going to survive some people at twitter pointing that out. In that regard, I don’t see what is pathetic about it, given is not exactly cancel worthy.

I said Snyder fans are pathetic. Which they are, including the one trying to "gotcha" him in that screenshot. :lol

toku's the lone exception of course.

Rman

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2021, 01:05:09 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

Just cause a Japanese dude is going to know the sensitive aspects of American culture--A history America intentional hides in popular media--which is probably what only native Japanese people know of.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-brimingham-campaign.487789/

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Who the fuck are you ?   :lol

this is such a stupid opinion

HEY AMAZON DELIVERY DRIVER EXPLAIN BEZOS OPINION ON EVERYTHING LIKE YOU KNOW HIM PERSONALLY :social

unless you work in an independent soy latte shop in the wokest part of town chances are someone above you at work is going to be a republican/tory/whatever the Dutch equivalent is :trumps
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2021, 01:22:06 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

Just cause a Japanese dude is going to know the sensitive aspects of American culture--A history America intentional hides in popular media--which is probably what only native Japanese people know of.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-brimingham-campaign.487789/
I wonder how many people will get slapped with "dismissing concerns of racism" bans in this thread.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2021, 01:26:11 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

I don't even get the connection between the two images. There's a water hose and a bunch of characters dodge it?

I'm confused because to me this just looks like Mario using his Fludd attack and I really don't see any similarities between the image you posted and the pic Sakurai did beyond that
It's the fact that he's using the attack on Rodin, the only Black character who can participate in-game (albeit as an Assist Trophy).

"More representation!"

"OMG SOMEONE IS SHOOTING WATER AT A BLACK CHARACTER DON'T YOU KNOW THAT'S RACIST???"

The picture alone would feel like a stretch of an argument, but Sakurai's past makes this blatant.
:science

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2021, 01:30:45 PM »
Any nudes of the missing van girl? Im worried she might have been gotten by sexual traffickers and want to keep an eye out
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 01:35:50 PM by james »
:O

Propagandhim

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

This has to be a troll.  It just has to be.

Propagandhim

« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2021, 01:40:04 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure Sakurai is cutting and pasting images of the game he worked on for twitter.  Yeah, that's his job.  Now his job is to clarify every insane dipshit claim made by the schizophrenics at Resetera.

james

« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2021, 01:46:51 PM »
welp thanks for this thread I'm literally about to start crying in tears because I'm just done with everything and I'm tired of everything going on to so many people around the world that don't deserve shit like this

:fbm

Averon

« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2021, 01:49:12 PM »
And ERA wonder why they have the reputation that they have.  :lol
That they can take such an innocent image and reinterpret it as a racist attack on black people that reference a historical event decades ago that nearly no one living in Japan--a country on the other side of the globe--could possibly know about is both scary and...impressive?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
welp thanks for this thread I'm literally about to start crying in tears because I'm just done with everything and I'm tired of everything going on to so many people around the world that don't deserve shit like this

relieved that they have chosen to cry in tears instead of various other fluids  #blessed
Uncle

Rman

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2021, 02:05:57 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure Sakurai is cutting and pasting images of the game he worked on for twitter.  Yeah, that's his job.  Now his job is to clarify every insane dipshit claim made by the schizophrenics at Resetera.

They actually think Sakurai will respond? Lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2021, 02:07:26 PM »

relieved that they have chosen to cry in tears instead of various other fluids  #blessed

:killme
©@©™

Propagandhim

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2021, 02:11:39 PM »

They actually think Sakurai will respond? Lol

Sakurai probably has a garbage bin labeled "Crazy Nintentards" next to his feet at the desk where he works.   That's where Era's angry letters are going, along with all the other crazy shit he probably gets.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2021, 02:13:12 PM »
I scrolled through all the twitter replies and not a single person is mentioning that this is extremely obvious racist imagery. Where's my diversity analyst

Averon

« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2021, 02:32:13 PM »
Quote from: trashbandit
Quote from: Unknownlight
Who is Peach representing here?
I doubt this is explicit, but it could certainly draw parallels to Emmett Till, a child who was murdered because he allegedly whistled at a white woman(I can't recall if this is 100% certain, but I think the woman in question admitted to fabricating the incident).

:neogaf :mindblown :dead

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2021, 02:32:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-brimingham-campaign.487789/page-5#post-73570327

Quote from: YellowBara, post: 73570327, member: 8646
I really don't think it's a specific reference to that event, but it's pretty tiresome that Sakurai keeps making mistakes that come off as insensitive, intentional or not. Someone at Nintendo needs to really let him know about this and those certain problematic Spirit battles if they haven't already.

NoA will get on that as soon as they’re back from Christmas break.
Margs

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2021, 02:34:23 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

Creator of this thread is a proud Nation of Islam member btw:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-atlantic-the-womens-march-has-a-farrakhan-problem-antisemitism-read-op.28189/page-7#post-5446598

Era got no problem allowing members of a hate group as designated by the SPLC on their site, lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2021, 02:39:11 PM »
Quote from: trashbandit
Quote from: Unknownlight
Who is Peach representing here?
I doubt this is explicit, but it could certainly draw parallels to Emmett Till, a child who was murdered because he allegedly whistled at a white woman(I can't recall if this is 100% certain, but I think the woman in question admitted to fabricating the incident).

:neogaf :mindblown :dead

That shit is amazing.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2021, 02:39:26 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

Creator of this thread is a proud Nation of Islam member btw:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-atlantic-the-womens-march-has-a-farrakhan-problem-antisemitism-read-op.28189/page-7#post-5446598

Era got no problem allowing members of a hate group as designated by the SPLC on their site, lol

It's not like he has any harmful believes i.e. liking anime tiddies

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2021, 02:43:41 PM »
pic of the day is no longer official, right? it's on sakurai's personal page?
Yes, but he still has a global audience & accounts for this with English text in his bio.

Always love these "but it's global" arguments because global usually just means USA for them. Being global isn't a one way street. It means it will have things that aren't specifically adjusted to the US population
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:51:25 PM by HaughtyFrank »

james

« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2021, 02:46:32 PM »
Just realized Splatoon, a game where people shoot ink at each other, is actually an allegory about police and black people.

Averon

« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2021, 02:56:47 PM »
Yes, but he still has a global audience & accounts for this with English text in his bio.

Always love these "but it's global" arguments because global usually just means USA for them

Their attitude is that anyone who sells anything in America must have encyclopedic knowledge of US history from the outset, especially history of a sensitive nature, or they are secret racists. Not even domestic US companies get treated so strictly. But if a 50+ year old Japanese man who never lived or worked in the US for all his life posts a picture that schizos on a race bend could twist themselves into interpreting it as racist then it must mean the guy has hostile intent against black people.

It is outright crazy, it damages the movement in calling out real racism, and it makes ResetERA community look crazy and unreasonable to any outside observer.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2021, 02:58:50 PM »
ink the police coming straight from the underground a young sqicca got it bad cos I'm green :tocry
(ice)

NekoFever

« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2021, 03:07:51 PM »
Just realized Splatoon, a game where people shoot ink at each other, is actually an allegory about police and black people.

You know who else used ink? Al Jolson.

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2021, 03:10:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyc-hostess-attacked-after-asking-for-proof-of-vaccination.487831/

How many replies before this topic dies due to the attackers being black?

Rman

« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2021, 03:22:04 PM »

Always love these "but it's global" arguments because global usually just means USA for them

Their attitude is that anyone who sells anything in America must have encyclopedic knowledge of US history from the outset, especially history of a sensitive nature, or they are secret racists. Not even domestic US companies get treated so strictly. But if a 50+ year old Japanese man who never lived or worked in the US for all his life posts a picture that schizos on a race bend could twist themselves into interpreting it as racist then it must mean the guy has hostile intent against black people.

It is outright crazy, it damages the movement in calling out real racism, and it makes ResetERA community look crazy and unreasonable to any outside observer.
They don’t even see their blind spots.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2021, 03:37:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyc-hostess-attacked-after-asking-for-proof-of-vaccination.487831/

How many replies before this topic dies due to the attackers being black?

Quote from: a916
I hope these people get jumped and beat down

u-uh...
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2021, 03:46:59 PM »

are you kidding me ARE YOU ACTUALLY KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW

the developers of Horizon Forbidden West are using THIS imagery to promote their game??

the poses, the framing, everything about this mirrors that famous photo from my home country of Sudan

that photo from one of the worst massacres in our history, when Cornelius Withers knelt on top of Abed Nkimbo, a photo taken moments before slaying him, his last victim on that bloody day

everyone is familiar with this, right?  I'm not going crazy here?

honestly I was ready to chalk this up to a simple mistake and I would've accepted a recognition of the error and an apology, but after all the Sudanphobia in the first game this really constitutes a pattern by now

this is intentional, and it's unacceptable
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2021, 03:48:39 PM »
First King Leopold and now this, Congo can't take a break  :fbm
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2021, 03:50:13 PM »
Given Sony's history with anti-Sudanianess, I don't see how you can continue giving them the benefit of the doubt here. So tired of this nonsense.

Tasty

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2021, 04:06:45 PM »
Given Sony's history with anti-Sudanianess, I don't see how you can continue giving them the benefit of the doubt here. So tired of this nonsense.

Definitely bad optics.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2021, 04:06:47 PM »
Damn, I can't believe Smash Brothers showed the *checks thread title*  Brimingham campaign. I can't believe what happened at Brimingham.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2021, 04:11:48 PM »
I hope it's not Nepenthe's day off.
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2021, 04:11:50 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

Why the fuck the mods are allowing this shit? The OP is rather Cindi-esque mental or intentionally trolling. Are really this fucking clueless that need Slayven (a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow) or Nephente (a crazy racist) to sort this threads? People are going to get banned for literally nothing and BCT are just going to get a laugh about it.

Propagandhim

« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2021, 04:21:23 PM »

oh for god's sake  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2021, 04:23:13 PM »
Quote from: AGoodODST
Quote from: Punchline
Whats more likely: sakurai referencing this event for shits and giggles because hes a massive racist or literally any other context
Who cares? It’s still an imagine of a black man getting hosed by a white character.

Ignorance isn’t an excuse for racism, be good if folk weren’t so desperate to jump to that as some sort of defence in this thread. Or is simply cause Sakuria is a developer of a popular game? 🤔🤔🤔

agree with this completely, I'm so glad there isn't a black playable character in Smash because can you imagine?

everybody picking Mario vs. Doc Brown, just so they can constantly hose him down?

disingenuously downplaying and gaslighting, "oh haha I just like playing as Mario, I didn't know I was referencing genocide, me so innocent"  :-[

ffffuck that forever

if they ever add black people to Smash, block Mario from being able to participate in the same battles (or Link because he can bomb them, and also Donkey Kong and Diddy for obvious reasons)
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2021, 04:26:28 PM »
Even if DK was a final boss in a game, why would you have that? You guys keep trying to cover for what is racist imagery regardless of how you cut it.

Anything to defend y'all lil man tho huh

plz ban for referencing racist stereotype that asian men are of small stature

And don't tell me it's just a fucking figure of speech, this is a global forum!!!!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1438699227425636367
 :pika

I think Sakurai is trying to tell us Bayonetta is cancelled
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2021, 04:34:24 PM »
I just found out why mario has a mustache

yikes

Propagandhim

« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2021, 04:41:04 PM »
edit: nevermind

edit 2 :  lol thread locked.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:46:00 PM by Propagandhim »

Boredfrom

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2021, 04:46:40 PM »
C. Robert Cargill is pretty cool and digging up a tweet from 2011 is just about the lamest thing I've ever heard of.

Snyder fans are next-level pathetic. :lol

Come on, dude.

?

Dude is going to survive some people at twitter pointing that out. In that regard, I don’t see what is pathetic about it, given is not exactly cancel worthy.

I said Snyder fans are pathetic. Which they are, including the one trying to "gotcha" him in that screenshot. :lol

toku's the lone exception of course.

“I wish filmmakers don’t shit on other filmmakers or that the media and fans didn’t encourage it”

“You used to have another opinion about years ago”.

What is pathetic  about that? Is indeed trying to get a gotcha about it but the guy is not exactly wrong (and neither the director in finding of poor taste shitting on others at public). I don’t like Snyder either but that mentality of “shitty fans” is the stuff this guy Cargil is currently against.

Boredfrom

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2021, 04:50:21 PM »
Quote from: Senka
Well that depends on what kind of response it is. If I don't think it's reasonable to be this american-centric then I will have to point that out. Just a reminder that black people do exist outside of the US too who will likely have never heard about this kind of association.   

NO EVERY SINGLE BLACK PERSON IN THE WORLD HAS THE SAME WORLDVIEW AS THE AFRICANAMERICANS. IF THEY NOT THEY ARE RACE TRAITORS.

Vertigo

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2021, 04:51:47 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

The OP of that thread should be banned for even equating a video game with the actual incident imagine being this much of a mental fucktard

Has to be a troll to see how many on Reee fall over themselves to virtue signal.

Propagandhim

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2021, 04:55:20 PM »
Well that depends on what kind of response it is. If I don't think it's reasonable to be this american-centric then I will have to point that out. Just a reminder that black people do exist outside of the US too who will likely have never heard about this kind of association.   

NO EVERY SINGLE BLACK PERSON IN THE WORLD HAS THE SAME WORLDVIEW AS THE AFRICANAMERICANS. IF THEY NOT THEY ARE RACE TRAITORS.

It's not even about having the perspective of African Americans or being knowledgeable about the Birmingham Campaign.   It's a picture that has nothing to do, whatsoever, with the Birmingham Campaign...and it isn't even remotely possible that the Smash Bros devs made it in allusion to those water cannons that devastated blacks during their fight for civil rights.   This is fucking insanity.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2021, 04:57:35 PM »
True it's more likely that Peach went for that BBC and Mario cockblocked him like the soyboy he is.  :shaq2
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2021, 04:57:48 PM »
ERA is just insane rn.

The OP is rather Cindi-esque mental or intentionally trolling.

Isn't he a Nation of Islam nutjob?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2021, 04:57:54 PM »
Ree routinely celebrates the deaths of unvaccinated people. Somehow they don’t see that they’re fuelling the culture of divide that leads to innocent people being attacked

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2021, 04:58:45 PM »
I like how the lock message pretends like there’s a possibility of the thread being reopened.  When was the last time they locked a thread to “review a massive number of reports” and actually reopened the thread later?

Boredfrom

« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2021, 05:02:02 PM »
I like how the lock message pretends like there’s a possibility of the thread being reopened.  When was the last time they locked a thread to “review a massive number of reports” and actually reopened the thread later?

The project EVE reveal thread after it was castrated.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2021, 05:07:39 PM »

The project EVE reveal thread after it was castrated.

Name another one :bolo

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2021, 05:09:45 PM »

"Should we decide to reopen this thread or give any other updates this post will be edited with the additional information. Thank you for your patience" is their new (last few months) boilerplate response when they know in their heart of hearts a thread is utterly ridiculous but for the sake of appearances they can't say so openly

another example:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bethesdas-latest-tone-deaf-addition-to-fallout-76-daily-ops-killing-hundreds-of-chinese-communists.463230/page-2#post-70285245
Uncle

Rman

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2021, 05:10:34 PM »
I still can't believe a thread about a Smash brothers image on Twitter no less gets taken seriously. 

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2021, 05:11:15 PM »

It's not even about having the perspective of African Americans or being knowledgeable about the Birmingham Campaign.   It's a picture that has nothing to do, whatsoever, with the Birmingham Campaign...and it isn't even remotely possible that the Smash Bros devs made it in allusion to those water cannons that devastated blacks during their fight for civil rights.   This is fucking insanity.

They really lost the plot. How can anyone look at that OP and not think this is trolling. This has nothing to do with fighting racism, it's just seeing what you want to see.

Rman

« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2021, 05:14:18 PM »

They really lost the plot. How can anyone look at that OP and not think this is trolling. This has nothing to do with fighting racism, it's just seeing what you want to see.
ERA is just so easy to "whip up" by trolls.

Boredfrom

« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »
Mostly because the trolls are between the protected users and are indistinguishable from them.

Averon

« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2021, 05:20:00 PM »
Thing is, even if you really believe that the OP is a troll, you either shut up for fear of getting banned or you gaslight yourself into believing the troll job to keep up appearances. Because the last thing you want on ERA is to be accused of being "insensitive" or being accused of being a secret alt-right Nazi that infiltrated the community from within. Look at all the people in that thread falling over themselves saying how much they believe the OP and that they "always knew" Sakurai was a racist. I don't believe for a second even half of those that say they support the OP's interpretation of that screenshot believe it themselves.

Talk to these same people on the various ERA Discord off-shoots, and I bet you the attitude towards that OP and thread will be completely different. They are probably laughing about that thread and the OP and the people going along with it right now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 05:24:29 PM by Averon »

« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2021, 05:23:43 PM »
In all honesty, Sakurai probably knows even LESS than the average Japanese person about race relations globally.  The guy plays video games and works on Smash, and that's been his schedule for over a decade.  He doesn't watch the news, he doesn't hang out with friends, he sees his wife every once in a while, he barely eats and sleeps.  Even that racist Kirby thing was probably him going "hey, I like this cool design from Dragon Ball/Dragon Quest, I'm going to put my own spin on it!"  Is there a possibility he's actually some secret racist?  Yeah I guess, but it would be pretty incredible in its own right considering the guy's schedule.

Talk to these same people on the various ERA Discord off-shoots, and I bet you the attitude towards that OP and thread will be completely different. They are probably laughing about that thread and the OP and the people going along with it right now.

No need to bet.  It's literally happening right now in at least 5 discords.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2021, 05:24:31 PM »
Thing is, even if you really believe that the OP is a troll, you either shut up for fear of getting banned or you gaslight yourself into believing the troll job. Because the last thing you want on ERA is to be accuse of being "insensitive" or being accused of being a secret alt-right Nazi that infiltrated the community from within. Look at all the people in that thread falling over themselves saying how much they believe the OP and that they "always knew" Sakurai was a racist.

the best thing is the dozens of posts referencing "all the stuff he did before" as if it is just known and dominates the public consciousness

are they referring to Dee Jay as Diddy, was Sakurai personally responsible for that? or did he tweet something insensitive during the George Floyd protests? fuck you, you should already know! we all do!
Uncle