Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1775149 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Official Off-site Discussion and Women Appreciation Thread |OT| #girlpower
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »
me, a woman: I was planning on asking people about their favorite grinding spots in Tales of Arise but I saw someone post some kind of hypothetical thing about letting their son evade a murder charge and now I'm in fear of my life
Uncle

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »
Locked again  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/post-73629514

"Why are you defending this hypothetical murderer?"

"Why are you attacking this hypothetical innocent?"

RE members just can't handle these stories

Open again. A bunch of people were threadbanned instead of being banned. Was it so they didn't have to ban BossAttack:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/page-11#post-73615501

:thinking
threadbans are very interesting

i wonder what causes someone to get a threadban instead of a duration pending

surely not knowing the moderators

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2021, 07:29:25 PM »
I just want to point out that BossAttack's position was not merely that he'd never turn in his son for a crime, instead it was that he'd ensure that his son could get ahead of authorities for a few days first*, and no crime, not even rape or murder would create an exception to this.

*By again, not reporting to the police, but instead notifying the family of the person murdered requiring them to contact the authorities.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 07:33:27 PM by benjipwns »

ShutUp

« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2021, 07:34:23 PM »
So they are already at the “he clearly murdered her” stage over there  :doge

That thread will get as quiet as a graveyard in record time if it turns out he didnt kill her.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2021, 07:35:15 PM »
I just want to point out that BossAttack's position was not merely that he'd never turn in his son for a crime, instead it was that he'd ensure that his son could get ahead of authorities for a few days first*, and no crime, not even rape or murder would create an exception to this.

*By again, not reporting to the police, but instead notifying the family of the person murdered requiring them to contact the authorities.

Talk about an awkward phone call.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2021, 07:47:15 PM »
Could have him make a REALLY solid Instagram apology.
That oughta knock a couple of years of the tally.

benjipwns

« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2021, 07:48:03 PM »
Also, despite his claims I'm not sure this would fit into an exception to report a crime that has broad reading for parents. It's one thing to not report a crime, it's another thing altogether to aid and abet in another additional crime.

BossAttack said he would do the latter, even if his son told him where the body was buried.

Propagandhim

« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2021, 07:48:32 PM »
Wishing I had an Era account so i can pathetically search for any BossAttack posts of him complaining that people are not confronting and holding their racist family members accountable during Thanksgiving dinner.   

:goty2

« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2021, 08:00:35 PM »
fuck these cunts what we know is this broad thats missing attacked the guy she was with but none of them care about that right cause assault only matters if youre punching down. he had scratches on him ffs

none of them can even think that maybe she killed herself or was going to kill him and he defended himself

man = bad

BikeJesus

« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »
fuck these cunts what we know is this broad thats missing attacked the guy she was with but none of them care about that right cause assault only matters if youre punching down. he had scratches on him ffs

none of them can even think that maybe she killed herself or was going to kill him and he defended himself

man = bad

Maybe you are being sarcastic, but I've seen so many police interrogations where the guy who murdered his gf/wife has scratches all over him and he makes an excuse. Turns out it was her fighting for her life.

Propagandhim

« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2021, 08:26:14 PM »

« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2021, 08:31:12 PM »

Maybe you are being sarcastic, but I've seen so many police interrogations where the guy who murdered his gf/wife has scratches all over him and he makes an excuse. Turns out it was her fighting for her life.
she didn't have a mark on her when they got pulled over and she said she atttacked him to make him stop telling her to calm down lol

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2021, 08:36:17 PM »

man = bad

You saying she tried to scratch him to death so he had to kill her in self defense?  :doge

BikeJesus

« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2021, 08:38:52 PM »

she didn't have a mark on her when they got pulled over and she said she atttacked him to make him stop telling her to calm down lol

Thanks, i haven't been following it. So they both seem like losers. The Internet wants this to be solved yesterday, but based on all the true crime shit i watch, it will be a long, long time

ShutUp

« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2021, 08:55:51 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Another day, more casual racism on Era. Or whatever you want to call it

benjipwns

« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2021, 09:03:00 PM »
Defensive scratches compared to offensive scratches aren't anywhere near as controversial (or blatantly horseshit) as bitemark analysis so assuming he still has the scratches when they catch him they'd be able to easily tell which ones he got from her refusing to be an accessory or pet and which ones he got while (allegedly) killing her.

benita

« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2021, 09:25:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/john-gibson-president-of-tripwire-interactive-tweets-in-support-of-texas-abortion-ban-update-stepping-down-see-threadmarks.482155/page-4#post-72719428

Soliloquy of a Dogge gets two months.
User Banned (2 Months): Encouraging the harassment of another member. Numerous previous bans for hostility and trolling.

Nothing says 'temporary ban' like 'numerous bans for hostility and trolling'.

Tasty

« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2021, 09:36:07 PM »
Zoomers being neurotic kiss-sluts is both on-brand and slightly adorable.

benita

« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2021, 10:36:58 PM »
Seems to me like OP didn't consent and his "friend" was incapable of consenting to that kiss.

Either way, somebody should be going to jail.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 11:10:35 PM by benita »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2021, 11:56:37 PM »
Seems to me like OP didn't consent and his "friend" was incapable of consenting to that kiss.

Either way, somebody should be going to jail.

Can it be Bill Cosby?

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2021, 11:58:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/page-16#post-73637722

User banned (1 week): Hostility against another member, ignoring moderation instructions
Quote from: Onebadlion
Quote from: Iorek Byrnison
Well it makes a lot more sense of why there are so many shitty people in the world with all these enablers in here.

Jesus Christ. I can’t believe how quickly people say they would cover their kids murdering another innocent person. Some of you are messed up beyond hope.
Easy to say from behind your keyboard. I didn’t say what I would or wouldn’t do. Until you’re in that position yourself getting on your high horse in here means nothing. So kindly fuck off with your shitty people accusation. It’s all hot air.

What moderation instructions?
OBE

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2021, 12:02:25 AM »
You don't run if you're innocent.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/post-73615774

A bystander's video showed police officer Michael Slager shooting and killing the fleeing, unarmed Walter Scott.

Vindicated!   :cac

I would love to hear Nepenthe's defense of that statement.  Something about how, "actually it's totally different when a white person runs.  I'm disgusted you would even compare the two.  Y'all."

You know what's really fucked up.  Even if they can pin the murder on him they still will grant him an indictment, advisement, arraignment, preliminary hearing in district court, pretrial conference, motions, disposition hearing, jury trial, and sentencing.  And after all that he's allowed to have post-trial motions or appeals!

It must be nice to be white.  Getting all those constitutional rights like Dylan Roof or the Boston Bombers.
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2021, 02:35:29 AM »

Lol. How many unsolved gang murders involving black Florida rappers are there each year?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2021, 02:39:38 AM »
You don't run if you're innocent.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/post-73615774

A bystander's video showed police officer Michael Slager shooting and killing the fleeing, unarmed Walter Scott.

Vindicated!   :cac

I would love to hear Nepenthe's defense of that statement.  Something about how, "actually it's totally different when a white person runs.  I'm disgusted you would even compare the two.  Y'all."

You know what's really fucked up.  Even if they can pin the murder on him they still will grant him an indictment, advisement, arraignment, preliminary hearing in district court, pretrial conference, motions, disposition hearing, jury trial, and sentencing.  And after all that he's allowed to have post-trial motions or appeals!

It must be nice to be white.  Getting all those constitutional rights like Dylan Roof or the Boston Bombers.
He's also entitled to the presumption of innocence!! Imagine that?
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2021, 04:24:56 AM »

Damn, does that mean no more new Sherlock Holmes books?  :'(

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2021, 08:33:41 AM »

Lol. How many unsolved gang murders involving black Florida rappers are there each year?

When these gangbangers were rapping about specific murdered individuals and even using photos of the victims on their album covers, Reset was defending it as "art" and "storytelling".

Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2021, 08:43:21 AM »
When these gangbangers were rapping about specific murdered individuals and even using photos of the victims on their album covers, Reset was defending it as "art" and "storytelling".

Relevant from the Awkwardchina thread;

"Just because the story isn't real doesn't mean it can't be important," she said. "There's a difference between lying in a song and writing a story. There are tons of songs where people are just lying. There's a lot of that in rap right now, from people that I know who rap. It's like, 'I got my AK-47, and I'm fuckin',' and I'm like, what? You don't have a gun. 'And all my bitches…' I'm like, which bitches? That's posturing, and that's not what I'm doing."
I mean, its like, talk about stereotypes (and the fact that while yeah lots of artists...across the board...lie in their songs (really poetic license TBH) looking at hip-hop's unfortunately long list of deaths kind of hard to say it's posturing. But yes, as a white woman from upper class parents we needed her take on realness and how some rappers are just throwing out cliche's

"I mean, yeah, it's true but you're at allowed to say it, but also there are legit thugs posing as musicians who get killed which we will also get mad about if people bring that up as glamorising violence"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2021, 10:08:02 AM »
this film will have a lets say interesting discourse on the internet in the coming years based on the plot only,i want to make the comparison with another sequel,you know which one

Is this eras way of saying "that sounds like total fucking shit, but I'm gonna defend it because the other team are going to hate it"?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2021, 10:27:13 AM »
Media constantly puts in work to white-wash largely white and right-wing things
On Era the idea that this is a white-person phenomenon only is vastly overstated as the data does not really support that view.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographics-trends
Thanks for posting this; never saw it before. Seeing that American Indians, one of the most abused racial groups in America, seem to be the worst in terms of hesitancy makes me feel very averse to the idea of condemning them for it. White Qanon people, sure, mock them and dance on their grave, I'm not going to blame anyone else there.

Now I believe the opposite!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2021, 10:30:25 AM »
this film will have a lets say interesting discourse on the internet in the coming years based on the plot only,i want to make the comparison with another sequel,you know which one

Is this eras way of saying "that sounds like total fucking shit, but I'm gonna defend it because the other team are going to hate it"?

what are they trying to say? this is going to be the last of us 2? trinity is killing neo with a golf club to make the audience hate her?
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2021, 10:46:07 AM »

what are they trying to say? this is going to be the last of us 2? trinity is killing neo with a golf club to make the audience hate her?

its era OT, so your first thought should be BEST STAR WARS EVAR rather than BEST SONYTEMPLATEGAME EVAR

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2021, 11:17:45 AM »
I don't think there's ever been a more succinct description of Era, except maybe replace "kids" with "adults in their 20s and 30s". Surprised he didn't get hit with the banhammer yet:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/page-10#post-73614343
I mean it’s a bunch of kids on an Internet forum with bad social skills and inflated opinions of their intelligence. Comes with the territory. They have no idea what they’re talking about.
^_^

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2021, 11:56:33 AM »
I'm honestly a bit surprised that RE isn't a bit more critical about this True Crime craze and how it turns this whole situation into entertainment

BikeJesus

« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2021, 12:16:41 PM »
They complain that this is getting so much attention because they are white. If they were black, they would complain that the media is exploiting them. They just want to be upset. They are miserable, so everyone else has to be miserable.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
Ultimately, they've destroyed the earth and they're trying to escape. We should be ensure they are never allowed to leave.

They can leave. They won't live. It'll kill them quicker than a death sentence and be more constrictive than a prison cell.

we get to hope their rockets explode (for the worst of the worst, like Bezos)

just normal forums normal thoughts

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »
Going into space use to about using the pinnical of man's knowledge to get there and farther science.
Google translate, help!

ShutUp

« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2021, 01:48:45 PM »
“Bezos is so bad!!”

“Oh damn Amazon has this sick sale on games, just bought a few UGH my wallet!!”

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2021, 02:04:37 PM »
“Bezos is so bad!!”

“Oh damn Amazon has this sick sale on games, just bought a few UGH my wallet!!”

*posts this comic when called out*

:curious

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2021, 03:20:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-will-never-be-a-woman.488617/

Quote from: Purposelessness, post: 73674136, member: 40714
You will never be a real woman. You have no womb, you have no ovaries, you have no eggs. You are a homosexual man twisted by drugs and surgery into a crude mockery of nature's perfection.

All the "validation" you get is two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you, your "friends" laugh at your ghoulish appearance behind closed doors.

Men are utterly repulsed by you. Thousands of years of evolution have allowed men to sniff out frauds with incredible efficiency. Even cheeseburgers who "pass" look uncanny and unnatural to a man. Your bone structure is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get a drunk guy home with you, he'll turn tail and bolt the second he gets a whiff of your diseased, infected axe wound.

You will never be happy. You wrench out a fake smile every single morning and tell yourself it's going to be ok, but deep inside you feel the depression creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually it'll be too much to bear - you'll buy a rope, tie a noose, put it around your neck, and plunge into the cold abyss. Your parents will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unbearable shame and disappointment. They'll bury you with a headstone marked with your birth name, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know a man is buried there. Your body will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakably male.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.

:what
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2021, 03:22:19 PM »
Era is having a normal one today  :lol
🤴

jorma

« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2021, 03:26:53 PM »
Oh, Cindi signed up to resetera again?  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2021, 03:33:05 PM »
Oh, Cindi signed up to resetera again?  :lol
mashallah!

ShutUp

« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2021, 03:33:30 PM »
So…is that a suicide note? Jesus.

Propagandhim

« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2021, 03:37:57 PM »
Well that's not very nice

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2021, 03:42:21 PM »

Seems to be a copypasta from 4chan, so not even original

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2021, 03:59:04 PM »
I certainly hope not.

It makes me sad. We've lost too many good people.
At this point if you've been lucky enough to make it through the pandemic, you are obviously meant to achieve great things.
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2021, 04:06:10 PM »
I certainly hope not.

It makes me sad. We've lost too many good people.

You think a good person wrote that shit??

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2021, 04:17:33 PM »
It reads like a very troubled soul who is going through a difficult time.

We should not judge but rather think about how we can help heal.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #290 on: September 19, 2021, 04:38:14 PM »

If that leak is true  :neo :crowdlaff :biden :waluigi :show :era
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #291 on: September 19, 2021, 04:40:04 PM »
It reads like a very troubled soul who is going through a difficult time.

We should not judge but rather think about how we can help heal.

I'm gonna judge.

« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »
they could be a member of a minority group so it might be okay

Propagandhim

« Reply #293 on: September 19, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »
they could be a member of a minority group so it might be okay

Yeah, I know what group:  Jerks Anonymous!!

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #294 on: September 19, 2021, 05:53:01 PM »
They complain that this is getting so much attention because they are white. If they were black, they would complain that the media is exploiting them. They just want to be upset. They are miserable, so everyone else has to be miserable.

:lol

Nobody gives a shit about kidnappings, missing people, or murders since the mid 90's.  In a large city you would be lucky to get a two paragraph blurb deep in the metro section.  If a cousin of the Kardashian Klan went missing you would see the same fuss.

I wonder how many of those knobs turned off their phone's Amber alert because there were too many. 

Spree killings and mass shootings, now that's the money maker.   
sigh

BikeJesus

« Reply #295 on: September 19, 2021, 05:58:46 PM »

Can you summarize it in one or two sentences behind a spoiler?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #296 on: September 19, 2021, 06:04:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-will-never-be-a-woman.488617/

Quote from: Purposelessness, post: 73674136, member: 40714
You will never be a real woman. You have no womb, you have no ovaries, you have no eggs. You are a homosexual man twisted by drugs and surgery into a crude mockery of nature's perfection.

All the "validation" you get is two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you, your "friends" laugh at your ghoulish appearance behind closed doors.

Men are utterly repulsed by you. Thousands of years of evolution have allowed men to sniff out frauds with incredible efficiency. Even cheeseburgers who "pass" look uncanny and unnatural to a man. Your bone structure is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get a drunk guy home with you, he'll turn tail and bolt the second he gets a whiff of your diseased, infected axe wound.

You will never be happy. You wrench out a fake smile every single morning and tell yourself it's going to be ok, but deep inside you feel the depression creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually it'll be too much to bear - you'll buy a rope, tie a noose, put it around your neck, and plunge into the cold abyss. Your parents will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unbearable shame and disappointment. They'll bury you with a headstone marked with your birth name, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know a man is buried there. Your body will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakably male.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.

:what
This is just some 4chan copypasta.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #297 on: September 19, 2021, 06:13:04 PM »

Can you summarize it in one or two sentences behind a spoiler?

Sure

spoiler (click to show/hide)
They couldn't come up with a decent reason for a sequel or a good reason why Lawrence Fishburne was not cast as Morpheus, so they set it 60 years in the future and then just reran the script of the first film.
[close]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 08:50:54 PM by Potato »
Spud

BikeJesus

« Reply #298 on: September 19, 2021, 06:55:58 PM »
They call that, 'pulling a J.J.'.

Sounds lame. Will torrent and never watch.

FUME5

« Reply #299 on: September 19, 2021, 07:39:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/search/13169407/

So they nurtured this alt for 3 years just to drop a trans hating copypasta?  Pretty fucking pathetic tbh.