Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1775181 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Official Off-site Discussion and Women Appreciation Thread |OT| #girlpower
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2021, 06:09:06 PM »
Just found out today that Japan (Masahiro Sakurai's home country, fyi) was allied with THE NAZIS during WWII!!! This is huge if true and I hope he's not allowed to make Nintendo games anymore.
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »
Nazi
Nintendo

:titus
Margs

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2021, 06:18:55 PM »
Just found out today that Japan (Masahiro Sakurai's home country, fyi) was allied with THE NAZIS during WWII!!! This is huge if true and I hope he's not allowed to make Nintendo games anymore.

Omg, what a coincidence, Italy (Mario’s home country) was also aligned with the Nazis.  This Nintendo company sure seems sus. :hmm

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2021, 06:26:26 PM »
 :miyamoto

paprikastaude

« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2021, 06:34:50 PM »
Has to be a troll to see how many on Reee fall over themselves to virtue signal.

About 90% from what I can tell :goldberg  :titus The others will probably be banned after the "reports are investigated".

At moments like this, it just has to be said - bluntly, without mockery or derision - that resetti rn consists of incredibly stupid people. People of blatantly low intelligence. It's amazing. Where else can utterly insane threads like this happen with zero irony?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:39:20 PM by Spieler1 »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2021, 06:40:31 PM »
or does it require medium intelligence to have the self-awareness to nod along with the foaming mob so they don't turn on you  :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the answer is no, because doing so preserves your ability to post on the site, as if such a privilege should be treasured  :doge
[close]
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2021, 06:44:31 PM »
Has to be a troll to see how many on Reee fall over themselves to virtue signal.

About 90% from what I can tell :goldberg  :titus The others will probably be banned after the "reports are investigated".

At moments like this, it just has to be said - bluntly, without mockery or derision - that resetti rn consists of incredibly stupid people. People of blatantly low intelligence. It's amazing. Where else can utterly insane threads like this happen with zero irony?

I doubt it, that guy is a legitimate nut job. He was arming up and threatening cops before it was cool.

The OP is rather Cindi-esque mental
Yes

Isn't he a Nation of Islam nutjob?
And yes.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:52:51 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2021, 07:16:55 PM »
holy fuck they allowed an account named Sneed and it managed to accumulate 10 posts before being banned?
 :whoo
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2021, 07:21:51 PM »
Nazi
Nintendo

:titus
Shit the secret is out

Spielen sie das tactisch menner, nichts zu sehen hier

Look Super Mario er macht ein jump auf die goomba 
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2021, 07:29:30 PM »
or does it require medium intelligence to have the self-awareness to nod along with the foaming mob so they don't turn on you  :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the answer is no, because doing so preserves your ability to post on the site, as if such a privilege should be treasured  :doge
[close]

The only thing i miss about having a reeeeeeee account is that it was slightly easier to quote people and then copy and paste it here.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:06:40 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2021, 07:56:24 PM »
Ah yes some casual eugenics on friday night
🤴

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2021, 09:01:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/angela-bassett-and-her-madame-tussauds-wax-figure.488032/

I was at an art gallery that had had a nude female figure so realistic that it embarrassed me to look at it. It felt like she would pop up and shame me at any moment.

Big Simp Energy
Oi Oi

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2021, 10:18:05 PM »
Smash thread has been locked for over 5 hours and they have only banned the Sneed dude.  Mods must be really tired today :heh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2021, 11:49:16 PM »
Even though the rest of the comments were crazy, Cindi was right about apple and Eve. Just our luck that the first woman to ever live, also the stupidest bitch in all of history.

:no1curr but in Bible: Directors Cut she was actually the third woman alive :snob

The first one (Lilith) was made at the same time as Adam, but when Adam was all "Do what I say woman!" she was all "Nah, fuck that and fuck you", then banged an angel and bounced to go do her own shit
The second one was made as a replacement in front of Adam, but he was freaked out by the body horror of watching intestines and shit get assembled.

So god waited until lil bitch adam was asleep before he stole a rib and third times the charmed it with eve

THE BIBLE HAS SOME CRAZY ASS SHIT IN IT Y'ALL
Why do you know this?

Nah, on second thought, I don't care. You just keep at least 20 yards away from small children, ok?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2021, 11:50:55 PM »
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory and Insensitive Commentary
I have to wonder what would happen if Boseman mentioned his condition to the higher-ups.
Like, this wasn't out of nowhere. He was diagnosed in 2016, the same year he first appeared in Captain America Civil War. Granted, filming was done in 2015, before the diagnosis, but he had a movie lined up in 2018 and roles to play in the Avengers duology.
Though I have to wonder if they didn't expect Black Panther to blow up the way it did.
Still, Boseman knew he was on limited time, and should have mentioned this. Frankly, the fact future movies won't have T'Challa just feels wrong.

:confused
They should just replace him with another actor. It's not like you white people can tell the difference between us black folk anyway.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2021, 11:53:17 PM »
That's a better apology than I was expecting.

But she needs to STAY gone.

"That's actually a thoughtful apology but also fuck her forever until the end of times!"

I'm also not entirely sure what she's actually being accused of. Similar to the Gone Home guy I wonder if simply being a shitty boss is becoming a new cancel reason
I repeat my thoughts on this matter because they're relevant.

Never acknowledge attempts to cancel you, never apologise, never even enter the conversation. Send a legal letter asking for receipts and threatening to sue their arse and leave it at that.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2021, 11:54:41 PM »
But Luke Plunkett already told ya'll about how she didn't sit well with him, and you're still defending her? smh

He used to be ok. Obviously the Kotaku cool aid fucked his sense of perspective up real good.
Spud

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2021, 12:31:06 AM »
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory and Insensitive Commentary
I have to wonder what would happen if Boseman mentioned his condition to the higher-ups.
Like, this wasn't out of nowhere. He was diagnosed in 2016, the same year he first appeared in Captain America Civil War. Granted, filming was done in 2015, before the diagnosis, but he had a movie lined up in 2018 and roles to play in the Avengers duology.
Though I have to wonder if they didn't expect Black Panther to blow up the way it did.
Still, Boseman knew he was on limited time, and should have mentioned this. Frankly, the fact future movies won't have T'Challa just feels wrong.

:confused
They should just replace him with another actor. It's not like ya'll white people can tell the difference between us black folk anyway.

fixed.

Can we get a filter to change you to "ya'll?"  That way instead of looking like i'm mad and upset  :ltg it looks like i'm being playful and folksy .  Also we wouldn't know who was black here and wasn't.
 :trumps

Equality!   :preach  :jeb :klob

Why does my like button keep disappearing?  Did I mine all up?
sigh

Tasty

« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2021, 01:23:08 AM »
Even though the rest of the comments were crazy, Cindi was right about apple and Eve. Just our luck that the first woman to ever live, also the stupidest bitch in all of history.

:no1curr but in Bible: Directors Cut...

Oh, you mean Neon Genesis Evangelon? :snob

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2021, 02:15:33 AM »
ERA is just insane rn.

Just cause a Japanese dude is going to know the sensitive aspects of American culture--A history America intentional hides in popular media--which is probably what only native Japanese people know of.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-brimingham-campaign.487789/
I wonder how many people will get slapped with "dismissing concerns of racism" bans in this thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-2#post-73566862
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Drive-By in a Sensitive Thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-2#post-73567414
User Banned (2 Weeks): Whataboutism and Dismissive Drive-By in a Sensitive Thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-3#post-73567777
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive drive-by in a sensitive thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-4#post-73569622
User Banned: (2 weeks) Hostility towards another member.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-5#post-73571440
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive and Pedantic Commentary over Numerous Posts

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-8#post-73575910
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling Over Multiple Posts in a Sensitive Thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-8#post-73576297
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Drive-By in a Sensitive Thread; Prior Related Ban

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sakurais-recent-pic-of-the-day-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-anti-black-implications-relating-to-use-of-water-cannons-on-civil-rights-activists.487789/page-8#post-73576765
User Banned (2 Weeks): Rationalizing the lack of Black representation
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 02:22:09 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2021, 02:36:56 AM »
Yea wildvine was definitely gonna get banned, Slayven was responding to his posts.  Honestly thought they’d wait and get him for some random bullshit in a later thread.

Averon

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2021, 03:18:35 AM »
Aaronrules380 ban message:

User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive and Pedantic Commentary over Numerous Posts

::)

The man was making calm, level-headed arguments that expecting a 50+ year-old Japanese man that never lived or worked in the US to know deeply enough about an obscure US civil right event that happened before he was even born to insert it as some allegory in a Smash screenshot on Twitter is a stretch. But that didn't matter. He go clipped for "pedantry" (i.e they couldn't refute what he's saying but need to ban hm anyway). He was getting in the way of a good old outrage mob, so he needed to be "punished."

This is why ERA members that know better either ignore those threads or gaslight themselves into going along with the mob to keep up appearances. ERA mods make it clear that the dumbest and loudest opinion in a discussion is the only one allowed, and if you think different, then fuck you you secret alt-right/Nazi/chud/self-hating Uncle Tom *banned!*

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 03:51:40 AM by Averon »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2021, 03:37:34 AM »
What the fuck is a sensitive thread? The only thing sensitive is the users. Which is the entire problem with the site.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2021, 04:26:40 AM »
Ree continues their long tradition of being totally normal -

I'm going to be so angry if this guy just ends up killing himself

https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/page-9

Mostima

« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2021, 07:31:06 AM »
Resetera are like the Q-anon of video game communities. Who goes through this much trouble looking for hidden symbols and "dog whistles" in video games?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
reee= q anon

bore= alex jones

clothedmacuser

« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2021, 10:57:19 AM »
Quote from: The Adder
I'll say he did it intentionally with my whole chest. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-downloadable-contents-discussion-thread-23-final-destination-additional-diversity-pending.480472/post-73554373
sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

BIONIC

Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »

Insane asylum

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2021, 12:42:20 PM »
BossAttack responding to a hypothetical that his child raped or murdered someone:

If they actually admitted to murdering a missing person and told me where the body was, I'd likely give them a few days head start before telling the family. After that, it's up to the police to apprehend them, I want no part in it nor would I answer my child's calls after that.

Valuable member of the forum.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/post-73615501

Propagandhim

« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »

:lol

"He admitted he was lying.  But would you trust a liar?"   :thinking

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2021, 01:23:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Insane asylum

I feel like it's important to post the offending picture again

Insanity  :lol

Edit: Oh my god, they missed this one from a month ago! I'm ashamed I gave Sakurai the benefit of the doubt

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1425653272237408259
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 01:29:58 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2021, 02:03:37 PM »
boss man  8)
🤴

clothedmacuser

sigh

Propagandhim

« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2021, 03:50:19 PM »
just erase everything before the "?s=20" in the link.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2021, 04:18:45 PM »
Locked again  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/post-73629514

"Why are you defending this hypothetical murderer?"

"Why are you attacking this hypothetical innocent?"

RE members just can't handle these stories

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2021, 04:25:52 PM »
I scrolled through all the twitter replies and not a single person is mentioning that this is extremely obvious racist imagery. Where's my diversity analyst
He's the one who started the whole thing on the forum:
Not sure if it crossed his mind at the time, but……

(Image removed from quote.)

Bonus, free with purchase:
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissiveness and inflammatory accusations towards concerns of implicit racism

This whole page is like a really bad parody of how alt-right gaming circles view ResetEra.

Super late edit: This post hasn't been sitting well with me, and I sincerely apologize for writing something so indefensibly flippant. This isn't the time or place for a dumb joke. I just think it's incredibly fucked up to casually accuse someone of something so heinous, but I should have been much more tactful in expressing that.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2021, 04:27:34 PM »
I'll say he did it intentionally with my whole chest. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-downloadable-contents-discussion-thread-23-final-destination-additional-diversity-pending.480472/post-73554373
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-downloadable-contents-discussion-thread-23-final-destination-additional-diversity-pending.480472/page-77#post-73558219

User Banned (1 Month): Dismissiveness and inflammatory accusations towards concerns of implicit racism
Quote from: Ryce
This whole page is like a really bad parody of how alt-right gaming circles view ResetEra.

Super late edit: This post hasn't been sitting well with me, and I sincerely apologize for writing something so indefensibly flippant. This isn't the time or place for a dumb joke. I just think it's incredibly fucked up to casually accuse someone of something so heinous, but I should have been much more tactful in expressing that.
OBE

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2021, 04:28:06 PM »
 :sabu

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2021, 04:40:58 PM »
Yeah, only alt-right loonies think those takes are absolutely distinguished mentally-challenged.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2021, 04:51:36 PM »
 :)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2021, 04:58:44 PM »
The reality is, that Sakurai - being a middle-aged upper-class dude whose shown no real vocal anti-racist beliefs, works in a conservative company, and has a bit of history including racially insensitive content in games he's directed - is probably a little bit racist, out of ignorance at bare minimum, and possibly out of active or passive/internalized prejudices. He's not the first in the industry and it's doubtful he'll be the last. How comfortable you are with that is going to vary.

I mean, it's the same way with portrayal of female characters - he's talked shit about CERO being too strict more than once. He's a good game director, with a very old-school mentality, and with that comes some hard to defend choices when it comes to the portrayal of marginalized groups.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-downloadable-contents-discussion-thread-23-final-destination-additional-diversity-pending.480472/post-73560202

Creative guy doesn't like goverment censorship :O

Eh, what I mean, very sus, super sus.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2021, 05:04:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1438336841770541061

yikes, can't believe Sakurai would be so disrespectful to the slave trade
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2021, 05:11:54 PM »
Yeah, only alt-right loonies think those takes are absolutely distinguished mentally-challenged.

https://twitter.com/ReseteraTakes/status/1438969850181955591

Look at all white supremacists laughing at them

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2021, 05:28:43 PM »

There's no doubt the pic's at the very least playing into old racist stereotypes of "black men threatening your (white) women" which is bad enough, like, why choose that specific Assist Trophy if that's not what you were going for?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 05:47:41 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

ShutUp

« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2021, 06:22:54 PM »

There's no doubt the pic's at the very least playing into old racist stereotypes of "black men threatening your (white) women" which is bad enough, like, why choose that specific Assist Trophy if that's not what you were going for?

Ah yes, because the Japanese guy who, as far as I know, has never been to the US, knows all about the old stereotypes of black men threatening white women.

Fire these freaks into the sun. All of them.

BIONIC

« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/someone-has-listed-all-of-hulk-hogan-lies-over-the-years.488260/#post-73628449

Quote from: Absolute0, post: 73628449, member: 18107
I am a real ah murican. Fight for the rights of only men. I am a real ah murican. Fight for alt right I’ll fight if your white.

:kobeyuck
Margs

BikeJesus

« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2021, 06:35:22 PM »
B-Chud only used racial slurs for blacks, not Asians.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/post-73629514

Open again. A bunch of people were threadbanned instead of being banned. Was it so they didn't have to ban BossAttack:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/page-11#post-73615501

:thinking
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2021, 06:59:21 PM »

Open again. A bunch of people were threadbanned instead of being banned. Was it so they didn't have to ban BossAttack:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-laundrie-fiance-of-missing-woman-gabby-petito-in-hiding-up-petito-family-releases-statement.488047/page-11#post-73615501

:thinking

I missed Persephone making this all about her again
People in here admitting they'd cover for their son if he came home from a trip without his girlfriend and there were clear signs he murdered her or admitted as much.

Like, what the fuck.

sure makes women feel safe posting on here 🙄