Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824990 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26040 on: August 01, 2022, 03:39:22 AM »
They somehow circle back to OLD WHITES  :gun
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26041 on: August 01, 2022, 03:43:31 AM »
You just spoiled it to me potato ;_;

(Still going to read it about this shit, is fascinating/funny, no offense metal fans)

Metal (hardcore and down to punk even) is like hip hop, you can't really avoid having "problematic faves" in personas & content because it's not about being polite.
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26042 on: August 01, 2022, 03:46:24 AM »

(Still going to read it about this shit, is fascinating/funny, no offense metal fans)
The reality is way more ridiculous than anything in my post. Read away and have fun. No offence taken. Metal is best when the musicians and fans take it way too seriously.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26043 on: August 01, 2022, 03:49:20 AM »

Metal (hardcore and down to punk even) is like hip hop, you can't really avoid having "problematic faves" in personas & content because it's not about being polite.
This is correct.

Almost all musicians, metal or otherwise, are giant pieces of shit. If you don't separate art and artist, you're going to have a bad time. This is a lesson Reeeeesetera have yet to learn.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #26044 on: August 01, 2022, 03:52:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1553834434729844738

"You're mad your art is used to defend hypocrites and yet you drew it to defend hypocrites"

:society
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 03:58:19 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Boredfrom

« Reply #26045 on: August 01, 2022, 04:03:26 AM »
At least I can laugh at a Ben Harrison cartoon.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #26046 on: August 01, 2022, 05:28:52 AM »

HOLY SHIT

I’m not a metal fan so I’m just reading about Varg/Burzum…

:cat

This is uh, wow…
Kinda on brand for Morrigan though isn't it?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26047 on: August 01, 2022, 05:38:45 AM »
Bunch of perms in the Will Smith speaks out thread 😅🤣

Dont give your opinion on their open marriage regardless if they televised a sitdown to talk about their open marriage 🤣🤣🤣
What

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26048 on: August 01, 2022, 05:49:05 AM »

This is correct.

Almost all musicians, metal or otherwise, are giant pieces of shit. If you don't separate art and artist, you're going to have a bad time. This is a lesson Reeeeesetera have yet to learn.

I don't think it's so much a lesson to learn than the extremely sudden and arbitrary switch from it being OK in some cases to absolutely not OK and ban worthy.
I accept there's a non objective threshold for this but ERA is really schizo with this.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26049 on: August 01, 2022, 06:16:33 AM »
The original threads back in... January, was it? Had a lot of perms. People just can't help themselves.

Do you mean the mods ?
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26050 on: August 01, 2022, 07:28:57 AM »
I’m pretty sure Thundercunt was in that thread saying she wouldn’t want her man hitting another guy over something like this. No ban.

:thinking

Switters

« Reply #26051 on: August 01, 2022, 07:33:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-smith-breaks-silence-%E2%80%9Cdeeply-remorseful%E2%80%9D-for-oscar-slap.613449/post-90812751

RedMerc - Let's say I'm walking down the street, a dude yells out "hey cripple can you speed it along", I would be wrong in your moral system to respond with violence?

In my head RedMerc shuffles across the street on a pair of well worn polio sticks and gives the guy a slap across the chest. The slap feels like the caress of a warm bagel. The Lesson has been learned.
I am laughing my ass off.
troll

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26052 on: August 01, 2022, 07:36:21 AM »
Those insults they come up with are all so fucking weird.

"Hey cripple, can you speed it along?" like who the hell says things like that when they see someone walking about. :lol
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26053 on: August 01, 2022, 07:40:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-smith-breaks-silence-%E2%80%9Cdeeply-remorseful%E2%80%9D-for-oscar-slap.613449/post-90812751

RedMerc - Let's say I'm walking down the street, a dude yells out "hey cripple can you speed it along", I would be wrong in your moral system to respond with violence?

In my head RedMerc shuffles across the street on a pair of well worn polio sticks and gives the guy a slap across the chest. The slap feels like the caress of a warm bagel. The Lesson has been learned.
I am laughing my ass off.

era thread alchemy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-smith-breaks-silence-%E2%80%9Cdeeply-remorseful%E2%80%9D-for-oscar-slap.613449/page-18#post-90812751

+

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-get-extremely-annoyed-when-strangers-suggest-you-do-inconsequential-things.614277/

"excuse me, I notice you are walking impaired, did you know you can sit down if you'd like?"

:shaking
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26054 on: August 01, 2022, 08:13:21 AM »
I get it.

It's like you're so stupid because you're holding boxes when you can put them down. Work smart, not hard, amiright?

And who the fuck likes standing? You fucking dummy, there's a chair there. I like sitting, I can't possibly conceive of anybody liking to stand because I would totally sit and everybody should be just like me. Let me remind you to sit, to tell you that sitting is correct and standing is wrong, because I'd be sitting if I were in your position, dummy.
(...)
No, but I get a little annoyed when cashiers at the grocery store offer unsolicited commentary on my purchases and/or try to predict what's for dinner. Like, tortilla shells, ground beef, shredded cheese--omg yes it's tacos, you solved the fucking case, can I go now?

:badass
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26055 on: August 01, 2022, 08:20:30 AM »
I get it.

It's like you're so stupid because you're holding boxes when you can put them down. Work smart, not hard, amiright?

And who the fuck likes standing? You fucking dummy, there's a chair there. I like sitting, I can't possibly conceive of anybody liking to stand because I would totally sit and everybody should be just like me. Let me remind you to sit, to tell you that sitting is correct and standing is wrong, because I'd be sitting if I were in your position, dummy.
(...)
No, but I get a little annoyed when cashiers at the grocery store offer unsolicited commentary on my purchases and/or try to predict what's for dinner. Like, tortilla shells, ground beef, shredded cheese--omg yes it's tacos, you solved the fucking case, can I go now?

:badass

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #26056 on: August 01, 2022, 08:51:11 AM »
Reseterians are awful people who have convinced themselves that they are morally superior.
Oi Oi

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26057 on: August 01, 2022, 08:57:57 AM »
They really are the most jealous, spiteful losers

But boy oh boy.... I've got someone on my Insta who I knew from an old job many years ago, and I've noticed that after a massive like... two week vacation at Disney a month ago, and also buying a new Escalade, this person just posted a bunch of updates about their massive new home. It's beautiful. Gorgeous. Like.... this person does have good taste, I'll give them that. And considering how much they're focused on their "business" and "hustling" and "being career oriented," I honestly - hand on heart - was like, "damn, good for them." And while I like to think I have a pretty darn good job and a beautiful house of my own... this thing is probably 5x the cost of mine and we had the same job seven years ago, lol. Anyhoo...

Fast forward and today I ran into someone else I used to work with, and I casually mentioned "did you see COWORKER A's house they just got?" Without skipping a beat - not even trying to reveal something - this old work friend tells me "oh yeah, putting that influx of cash to good use." I ask, "their business or whatever or what?"

"Oh no - their mom passed a couple months ago and they got the house, immediately sold it. I snooped and it sold for darn near a million bucks."

Oh.

I go back and feel bad that their parents died... but I check Insta... FB.... literally not even one mention as except for a single post "I miss you, mom." And that's sad and that sucks but boy is this person playing it off like they just can afford these things.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/snarky-thread-share-stories-of-people-hiding-the-massive-financial-assistance-they-got-that-helped-build-their-success.614286/

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26058 on: August 01, 2022, 09:06:30 AM »
If you want to see Morrigan completely lose her shit just post a thread listing the top 10 of your favourite heavy metal bands and only put in bands like Bon Jovi, Kiss and Aerosmith.

Add in like Gun n Roses and Van Halen and you have the only good heavy metal bands :trumps
(ice)

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26059 on: August 01, 2022, 09:17:06 AM »
And Poison. They were proper heavy metal

Propagandhim

« Reply #26060 on: August 01, 2022, 09:22:23 AM »
They really are the most jealous, spiteful losers

But boy oh boy.... I've got someone on my Insta who I knew from an old job many years ago, and I've noticed that after a massive like... two week vacation at Disney a month ago, and also buying a new Escalade, this person just posted a bunch of updates about their massive new home. It's beautiful. Gorgeous. Like.... this person does have good taste, I'll give them that. And considering how much they're focused on their "business" and "hustling" and "being career oriented," I honestly - hand on heart - was like, "damn, good for them." And while I like to think I have a pretty darn good job and a beautiful house of my own... this thing is probably 5x the cost of mine and we had the same job seven years ago, lol. Anyhoo...

Fast forward and today I ran into someone else I used to work with, and I casually mentioned "did you see COWORKER A's house they just got?" Without skipping a beat - not even trying to reveal something - this old work friend tells me "oh yeah, putting that influx of cash to good use." I ask, "their business or whatever or what?"

"Oh no - their mom passed a couple months ago and they got the house, immediately sold it. I snooped and it sold for darn near a million bucks."

Oh.

I go back and feel bad that their parents died... but I check Insta... FB.... literally not even one mention as except for a single post "I miss you, mom." And that's sad and that sucks but boy is this person playing it off like they just can afford these things.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/snarky-thread-share-stories-of-people-hiding-the-massive-financial-assistance-they-got-that-helped-build-their-success.614286/

You know he made up his "friend" in this story so he can explain the house selling and get away with the actual zillow snooping.  :lol

Propagandhim

« Reply #26061 on: August 01, 2022, 09:28:46 AM »

"You're mad your art is used to defend hypocrites and yet you drew it to defend hypocrites"

I have nothing good to add other than this Ana Mardoll thing is extremely funny.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #26062 on: August 01, 2022, 09:57:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-celebs-who-have-racked-up-the-most-co2-emissions-this-year-using-their-private-jets.613518/page-4#post-90812991
Maybe I am not in that world, but feels like it would take longer to get ready to fly 7 miles than it would take to actually drive 7 miles
:brain

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26063 on: August 01, 2022, 10:35:38 AM »

You know he made up his "friend" in this story so he can explain the house selling and get away with the actual zillow snooping.  :lol

Oh hey guize check out this amazing coincidence. I just happened to bump into this other co-worker from those days and he knew all about the guy. So you know, anyone who reads this and thinks it's weird I'm spending my days lurking some dude's Instagram, FaceBook, Twitter, and TikTok, can just relax ok.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26064 on: August 01, 2022, 10:42:20 AM »
Hey, Mod Admiral!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-japanese-prime-minister-shinzo-abe-shot-in-the-back-in-nara-city-suspect-arrested-up-abe-confirmed-dead-see-staff-post.605334/post-89708277

User Banned (duration pending): advocating murder

Deepwater’s duration pending from July 8th. Nearly a month of pending. I mean, I know his infraction wasn’t as bad as being critical of the Will Smith slap…

Ultranationalists should be shotgunned to death

But come on!

:gurl

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #26065 on: August 01, 2022, 10:52:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-smith-breaks-silence-%E2%80%9Cdeeply-remorseful%E2%80%9D-for-oscar-slap.613449/page-2#post-90746628
:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Victim Blaming; Dismissive Commentary; Account in Junior Phase
Quote from:  BrownWalrus
lol @ people ITT defending assault against a COMEDIAN who made a light hearted joke about someone who has traction alopecia - AKA self caused hair loss from years of wearing your hair pulled back tightly. It's not like she has cancer or an actual life-threatening disease FFS.

Toxic masculinity a thing of the past now eh? And really, defending your wife against abuse nonsense? REALLY? It's the goddamn oscars - don't show up if you don't expect some jabs. This was literally one of the most innocent jokes. What would he have done if Ricky Gervais was up there - killed him?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-smith-breaks-silence-%E2%80%9Cdeeply-remorseful%E2%80%9D-for-oscar-slap.613449/page-19#post-90815079
:cop User Banned (1 Month): Inappropriate drive-by in a sensitive thread, trying to start a derail
Quote from:  TheAuldTriangle
Chris Rock is an absolute arsehole at times but Will and Jada give me the heebie jeebies. Think it was that televised sitdown Will and Jada had.

Her justifications for fucking her sons friend were awful and Will just accepted it.

I mean he has every right to, but he came across as a beat dog.

So yeah, I'm not team Chris Rock but Im sure as shit not gona' defend the Smiths.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26066 on: August 01, 2022, 10:58:20 AM »

This is correct.

I don't think it's so much a lesson to learn than the extremely sudden and arbitrary switch from it being OK in some cases to absolutely not OK and ban worthy.
I accept there's a non objective threshold for this but ERA is really schizo with this.

Nazis past and present though. :donot
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26067 on: August 01, 2022, 11:01:14 AM »
Hey, Mod Admiral!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-japanese-prime-minister-shinzo-abe-shot-in-the-back-in-nara-city-suspect-arrested-up-abe-confirmed-dead-see-staff-post.605334/post-89708277

User Banned (duration pending): advocating murder

Deepwater’s duration pending from July 8th. Nearly a month of pending. I mean, I know his infraction wasn’t as bad as being critical of the Will Smith slap…

Ultranationalists should be shotgunned to death

But come on!

:gurl

Truly amazing how this

If you think that what Will did was justified, that's cool, you're entitled to that opinion which is what this place is all about.

It's just so fucking lame to cast aspersions on anyone who doesn't share your opinion. "Oh you're just sheltered and privileged. You're a white person who doesn get it. You're trolling. You're racist and trying to paint Will as a scary black man. I bet you'd be ok with insulting a disabled person."

Like that's just unecessary bullshit. Why are you incapable of just having a disagreement

is a permanent ban but "Advocating murder" requires some deep introspection by the mod team. (Not to mention that it initially was just a two month ban or something like that)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26068 on: August 01, 2022, 11:06:47 AM »

I have nothing good to add other than this Ana Mardoll thing is extremely funny.

It's a real trip

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/who-ana-mardoll-lockheed-martin-scandal-explained-amid-twitter-trend

Ana Mardoll is largely known for his opinions on writing and social justice online. He began trending on Twitter after he claimed that it was ableist to suggest that one must read intensively to become a good writer. Netizens slammed the online personality, who identifies as a “nonbinary trans boy,” for being too “leftist.”

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26069 on: August 01, 2022, 11:07:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/characters-in-media-who-shouldve-been-portrayed-by-poc-but-werent.614385/#post-90875334

Quote from: a Master Ninja
Blade Runner is basically a story about runaway slaves being pursued by a slave killer told with a white cast.

I assume the Replicants were all white actors in an attempt to make the themes more “relatable” to white audiences? I don’t know

:brain Watch the movie again, but without your phone this time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:19:21 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26070 on: August 01, 2022, 11:17:04 AM »
It's a real trip

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/who-ana-mardoll-lockheed-martin-scandal-explained-amid-twitter-trend

Ana Mardoll is largely known for his opinions on writing and social justice online. He began trending on Twitter after he claimed that it was ableist to suggest that one must read intensively to become a good writer. Netizens slammed the online personality, who identifies as a “nonbinary trans boy,” for being too “leftist.”

:wut
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26071 on: August 01, 2022, 11:24:33 AM »

HOLY SHIT

This is uh, wow…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band)
Mayhem is a Norwegian black metal band formed in Langhus in 1984. They were one of the founders of the Norwegian black metal scene and their music has strongly influenced the black metal genre. Mayhem's early career was highly controversial, primarily due to their notorious live performances, the 1991 suicide of vocalist Per Yngve Ohlin ("Dead") and the 1993 murder of guitarist Řystein Aarseth ("Euronymous") by former member Varg Vikernes ("Count Grishnackh") of Burzum.

On 8 April 1991, Dead committed suicide in the house rented by the band. He was found by Euronymous with slit wrists and a shotgun wound to the head. Dead's suicide note started with the sentence "Excuse all the blood" and included a brief explanation "nobody will ever understand this, but as a sort of explanation, I am not human, this is only a dream and soon I will awake". The full text has become public and it ended by saying "I didn't come up with this now but 17 years ago". Attached to the note, Dead left the lyrics of the song Life Eternal. When Euronymous found all this, he went to a nearby store and bought a disposable camera to photograph the corpse, after re-arranging some items.[18]

Necrobutcher recalls how Euronymous told him of the suicide:

Řystein called me up the next day ... and says, "Dead has done something really cool! He killed himself". I thought, have you lost it? What do you mean cool? He says, "Relax, I have photos of everything". I was in shock and grief. He was just thinking how to exploit it. So I told him, "OK. Don't even fucking call me before you destroy those pictures".[9]

Euronymous used Dead's suicide to foster Mayhem's 'evil' image and claimed Dead had killed himself because black metal had become 'trendy' and commercialized.[19] In time, rumors spread that Euronymous had made a stew with bits of Dead's brain and had made necklaces with bits of his skull.[20] The band later denied the former rumor, but confirmed that the latter was true.[20] Moreover, Euronymous claimed to have given these necklaces to musicians he deemed worthy,[21] which was confirmed by several other members of the scene, like Bĺrd 'Faust' Eithun[22] and Jon 'Metalion' Kristiansen.[23] In 2018, a fragment of Dead's skull also went on sale for $3,500, along with the letter from Euronymous that it was posted with. The letter finishes with: "OK! That should be all. I’m enclosing a little piece from Dead’s cranium in case you’d like to have it. Hear from you soon!"[24] On a 2019 interview with Loudwire and Consequence of Sound, Necrobutcher claimed to have had plans to kill Euronymous since he was disgusted by his treatment of Dead, but that Vikernes "beat [him] to it".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dawn_of_the_Black_Hearts
The Dawn of the Black Hearts[2] (subtitled Live in Sarpsborg, Norway 28/2, 1990) is a bootleg live album by the Norwegian black metal band Mayhem. The title originates from a line of lyrics Fenriz of Darkthrone wrote for the band.[3]

Despite being a bootleg, the album is sometimes listed as one of the band's main albums, mainly due to the notoriety regarding the cover art, which is an image of the late Mayhem vocalist Per "Dead" Ohlin shortly after he committed suicide.[4][5]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:34:24 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26072 on: August 01, 2022, 11:24:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/characters-in-media-who-shouldve-been-portrayed-by-poc-but-werent.614385/#post-90875334

Blade Runner is basically a story about runaway slaves being pursued by a slave killer told with a white cast.

I assume the Replicants were all white actors in an attempt to make the themes more “relatable” to white audiences? I don’t know

And again assuming that slavery is something solely black people experienced.

Also I thought they were pissed about how black people get pigeonholed into roles that are solely about black trauma.

Additionally, when you make an allegory that overt you'll have instantly people pissed about it, just think about David Cage's Detroit.

Edit: like this

Westworld, all the bots should have been Black.

This would have absolutely caused a shitstorm. "Oh as soon black people are in control they become murdering psychopaths?"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:36:54 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26073 on: August 01, 2022, 11:36:41 AM »

Even the Natives?
OBE

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26074 on: August 01, 2022, 11:45:36 AM »

And again assuming that slavery is something solely black people experienced.

Also I thought they were pissed about how black people get pigeonholed into roles that are solely about black trauma.

Additionally, when you make an allegory that overt you'll have instantly people pissed about it, just think about David Cage's Detroit.

Edit: like this

This would have absolutely caused a shitstorm. "Oh as soon black people are in control they become murdering psychopaths?"

That whole thread is a face slapping blend of “Follow my head canon or you’re racist!”

Malcolm in Jurassic Park.

No, he's not described as black in the book, but that's how I remember seeing him when I read it as a kid.

The majority of the X-Men in the MCU should be played by PoC. I don't care that they're white in tbe comics. Don't give me an allegory for oppression when most of your cast is straight white dudes like in First Class. (And of course, all the PoC end up on the evil side or dead.)

Black Adam should at least be played by an Egyptian actor.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26075 on: August 01, 2022, 11:54:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/characters-in-media-who-shouldve-been-portrayed-by-poc-but-werent.614385/#post-90874308

Quote from: Gravidee
It will never not be weird and out of place that Benedict Cumberbatch played Khan in Star Trek: Into Darkness.
:hesright
OBE

ShutUp

« Reply #26076 on: August 01, 2022, 12:05:47 PM »
Era completely missing the point? No way.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26077 on: August 01, 2022, 12:06:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/all-star-superman-has-a-special-500-000-ton-key-that-he-claims-to-be-the-only-person-on-earth-that-can-lift-it-do-you-agree.614328/page-2#post-90870729

Quote from: Slayven, post: 90870729, member: 2504
You want the list alphabetical?

Dear god yes, let’s see how badly he’d botch the order :sicko
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26078 on: August 01, 2022, 01:15:56 PM »

HOLY SHIT

This is uh, wow…

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46912.msg2995114#msg2995114
OBE

daycru

« Reply #26079 on: August 01, 2022, 01:43:41 PM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26080 on: August 01, 2022, 01:47:33 PM »
The statement "I can't be a console warrior, I own all systems." is the equivalent to someone saying they aren't racist because they have a black friend.

:lol

User banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory point of comparison, prior ban for similar behavior

Propagandhim

« Reply #26081 on: August 01, 2022, 01:53:29 PM »
:dead

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #26082 on: August 01, 2022, 02:00:25 PM »

HOLY SHIT

This is uh, wow…

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46912.msg2995114#msg2995114

Rules for thee not for me, gotta love the ceaseless hypocrisy from the resetera mods.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26083 on: August 01, 2022, 02:08:00 PM »
The statement "I can't be a console warrior, I own all systems." is the equivalent to someone saying they aren't racist because they have a black friend.

:lol

User banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory point of comparison, prior ban for similar behavior

he's right tho  :hesright
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #26084 on: August 01, 2022, 02:08:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/characters-in-media-who-shouldve-been-portrayed-by-poc-but-werent.614385/post-90874581

I don't remember where I heard, but Baby from Baby Driver was meant to be a black.
This wouldve been so much better

I mean, you would have liked it better but would it have changed anything at all? 

It's pretty much like Ian Malcom's daughter being black.  They don't even mention it and it has no impact on the story.  It would be the same movie if she were a non-poc (meaning white, hispanic, or asian, )
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26085 on: August 01, 2022, 02:14:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/characters-in-media-who-shouldve-been-portrayed-by-poc-but-werent.614385/post-90874581

I don't remember where I heard, but Baby from Baby Driver was meant to be a black.
This wouldve been so much better

I mean, you would have liked it better but would it have changed anything at all? 

It's pretty much like Ian Malcom's daughter being black.  They don't even mention it and it has no impact on the story.  It would be the same movie if she were a non-poc (meaning white, hispanic, or asian, )

I remember a review for baby driver where the author complained that it's an example of white privilege because
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Baby ends up in prison but does only short time because all the witnesses testify about how nice he was
[close]
wonder if that person would have liked it more or less if he was black

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26086 on: August 01, 2022, 02:16:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/meta-lost-2-8-billion-on-its-virtual-reality-ambitions-during-q2.612822/page-5#post-90729597

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): inflammatory Commentary; Misogyny; Boys Club Rhetoric
Quote from: cakefoo
Quote from: ryseing
https://thebaffler.com/salvos/no-sex-for-you-gold
In the metaverse nobody’s getting any ass—or even seeing anything ass-adjacent.
thebaffler.com

(Not a VR hater, but I want nothing to do with Zuck and Meta's metaverse ideas)
Someone buy that writer a dildo. She's horns for cyber dick.

:dead
OBE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26088 on: August 01, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »
I deal with this kind of stuff all the time and I am 100% with you. It's just as bad as backseat gaming/backseat driving, etc. It takes a real egomaniac to think they need to share their superior knowledge with everyone for unimportant shit.

It doesn't matter. The way I'm doing it is fine. You're annoying.

If I'm disarming a bomb and you're an expert in the field, please share. Otherwise, leave me alone. You're awkward
(...)
The irony here is that the people that think this sort of behavior is "kind" and "normal" and that the OP needs to "go outside more" (and whatever has been said in this thread) are the ones that seemingly lack social skills. It isn't normal to remind a person that the human body is able to sit down. That is never helpful. Or that surfaces exist. You should probably assume adult humans know these things. If not -- what the fuck?

:joker
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26089 on: August 01, 2022, 03:11:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/church-of-scientology-asks-u-s-supreme-court-to-force-danny-masterson-rape-accusers-into-binding-%E2%80%98religious-arbitration%E2%80%99.614448/

:cruise

I was thinking the ther day that I'm a little bit surprised they haven't done a that 70s show one off special or a reboot (with them as adults in the 90s or whatever) now it makes sense :info
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26090 on: August 01, 2022, 03:15:10 PM »
I deal with this kind of stuff all the time and I am 100% with you. It's just as bad as backseat gaming/backseat driving, etc. It takes a real egomaniac to think they need to share their superior knowledge with everyone for unimportant shit.

It doesn't matter. The way I'm doing it is fine. You're annoying.

If I'm disarming a bomb and you're an expert in the field, please share. Otherwise, leave me alone. You're awkward
(...)
The irony here is that the people that think this sort of behavior is "kind" and "normal" and that the OP needs to "go outside more" (and whatever has been said in this thread) are the ones that seemingly lack social skills. It isn't normal to remind a person that the human body is able to sit down. That is never helpful. Or that surfaces exist. You should probably assume adult humans know these things. If not -- what the fuck?

:mindblown

It's literally social skills. They're not thinking you're too dumb to sit, they're offering you a seat in case you were too polite too ask.

"Would you like a glass of water?"

"What the fuck, do you think I'm too dumb to operate a faucet? Fucking asshole"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26091 on: August 01, 2022, 03:22:12 PM »
era today: "this older gentleman opened the door to Taco Bell for me and smiled a creepy grin and gestured like a bellhop for me to go inside, presumptuous asshole, what if I hadn't been going to Taco Bell?  I mean I got the crunchwrap but that's beside the point"

era tomorrow: "I was going to Taco Bell and this woman practically ran inside and slammed the door behind her right in front of me. whatever happened to common courtesy, holding open the door for someone?"
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26092 on: August 01, 2022, 03:27:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/characters-in-media-who-shouldve-been-portrayed-by-poc-but-werent.614385/page-2#post-90880344

Quote from: Nepenthe
Quote from: Powdered Egg
Alvin & the Chipmunks were Black kids and should have been voiced accordingly. Chippettes were boricuas.
Speaking of which, A Goofy Movie is our movie. Make 'em all Black lol.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26093 on: August 01, 2022, 03:38:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-old-were-you-when-you-lost-your-virginity.614502/#post-90889371

Quote from: Lightning Count
I remember a time when I felt that if I didn’t lose my virginity then I somehow had had failed at life, now i have gone years without sex, and I realised that as much I enjoy it, in a lot of ways it’s quite overrated and focussing on it too much is not good.

Now my first time was when I was 18, I lost it to a fellow student at college (think community college rather than university) she was my first serious girlfriend. Honestly, the first few times fun but a bit awkward as I took a while to overcome initial nerves and learn exactly what worked, both for me and my girlfriend. Since then I have experimented with my bi/pansexuality (I had known since my early teens I was hetero) and I have slept with 3 women, 3 guys and one enby.

So how old were you when you had sex for the first time, ERA?
OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26094 on: August 01, 2022, 03:59:18 PM »
era today: "this older gentleman opened the door to Taco Bell for me and smiled a creepy grin and gestured like a bellhop for me to go inside, presumptuous asshole, what if I hadn't been going to Taco Bell?  I mean I got the crunchwrap but that's beside the point"

era tomorrow: "I was going to Taco Bell and this woman practically ran inside and slammed the door behind her right in front of me. whatever happened to common courtesy, holding open the door for someone?"

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26095 on: August 01, 2022, 04:12:41 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26096 on: August 01, 2022, 05:55:11 PM »
Unless it's "we've seized the weapons of and arrested roughly 40% of the southeastern U.S." I sleep

:iface

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26097 on: August 01, 2022, 05:57:08 PM »
Can we get a primetime bit from Biden about returning Afghans their stolen money?

"No civilian casualties" is doubtful too. Fuck drones.

:umad

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26098 on: August 01, 2022, 06:00:05 PM »
Oh, we drone sniped some more brown people thousands of miles away. Meanwhile, actual elected officials and their cohorts continue to chip away at everything decent left in this country and nothing will be done.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26099 on: August 01, 2022, 06:08:23 PM »
Quote from: Administrator of a site that routinely bans all positive discussions of games because they deemed a creator an unperson, https://www.resetera.com/threads/online-criticism-and-discourse.614538/post-90894480
The problem is the size of the feedback. One person saying that your work is bad is whatever. Hundreds of thousands of people saying your work is bad is utterly demoralizing, even if it's balanced out by people who like it. Months go into updates, years into entire projects, time that artists can't get back, that after awhile you start thinking "What the fuck was the point of it all?"