Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828979 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2640 on: October 10, 2021, 04:15:37 PM »
Maybe Rami's dad was just cheap and an asshole.

That too.  :lol

I know of well off kids that still played pirated games here.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2641 on: October 10, 2021, 04:16:37 PM »
The punchline doesn't really make sense because the stereotype isn't that cops beat up women, it's that they beat up minorities.

If it was "we'd have become rappers" it would make more sense, because rappers are known for beating up women. But then the joke wouldn't be against police, which is probably more important to her target audience.

the premise is off too, because most peoples issue with genetic men competing directly against genetic women is based on the idea that it is potentially gaining an unsportsmanlike competitive advantage, due to inherent differences in things like size, strength and stamina - but I don't have a decade of academic training in comedy so :idont

not satisfied with setting every male record for sporting excellence, men decide to boldly set every female record as well
Uncle

Trojita

« Reply #2642 on: October 10, 2021, 04:31:04 PM »
The Polystation he is showing was a circa 2004 clone console that only played NES games  :lol

Maybe he meant some of the shitty hacks that came with those consoles. But why bring that up when no one in the West used these things and definitely didn't want to play the shitty rom hacks on it.

Same time as the west, 18 years later!

:shaq2 :dayum :mindblown

Emojis for or against the argument?

We definitely had 1000:1 game devices that were sold that were more like scams, but the clones he is talking about always came a generation or 2 removed from the consoles they were clones of.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #2643 on: October 10, 2021, 04:38:25 PM »
This thread is now re-opened to discussion, but we're going to lay down some ground rules here. Whether Jim Ryan's comment was what he meant or not is not the discussion. It's what he said, and what he said was insulting to people in the Middle East. Dismissing that or handwaving it will be met with strict moderation. If your sole purpose in this thread is to defend the corporate PR executive of your favorite gaming company, you'd be much better off just not posting.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-middle-east-no-jim-ryan-gaming-in-the-middle-east-existed-long-before-playstation.498039/page-3#post-74981871

:badass

Boredfrom

« Reply #2644 on: October 10, 2021, 04:43:59 PM »
The Polystation he is showing was a circa 2004 clone console that only played NES games  :lol

Maybe he meant some of the shitty hacks that came with those consoles. But why bring that up when no one in the West used these things and definitely didn't want to play the shitty rom hacks on it.

We definitely had 1000:1 game devices that were sold that were more like scams, but the clones he is talking about always came a generation or 2 removed from the consoles they were clones of.

Of missing the point.

Trojita

« Reply #2645 on: October 10, 2021, 04:48:50 PM »

Of missing the point.

I completely understand what you mean by the emergent markets and piracy in those areas due to them not being served legally by game companies at the time, but I'm clearly saying his assertion that those regions had everything at the same time as most of the west is wrong. He can be right about there being gaming communities in that region well before playstation, but his timing is clearly off.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2646 on: October 10, 2021, 05:01:06 PM »

Of missing the point.

I completely understand what you mean by the emergent markets and piracy in those areas due to them not being served legally by game companies at the time, but I'm clearly saying his assertion that those regions had everything at the same time as most of the west is wrong. He can be right about there being gaming communities in that region well before playstation, but his timing is clearly off.

And that is fair since the assertion that he is a European that probably never pirated any video game to begin with. Just that it is not exactly the biggest take that, specially since the argument is a little pedantic or possibly referring with other stuff (confusing Game Clubs with Net Cafes) as a whole.

Or other words, sorry but I thought you were justifying the Nintex way of dismissing the argument.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2647 on: October 10, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »
Maybe Rami's dad was just cheap and an asshole.
You mean he was Dutch :trumps
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #2648 on: October 10, 2021, 05:06:33 PM »
Cheap and asshole?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2649 on: October 10, 2021, 05:18:47 PM »
Every time see Labor acting the cunt. I remember he’s at least 300 pounds and has spent the last 10 years of his life as a wannabe Besada

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #2650 on: October 10, 2021, 06:23:10 PM »
Didn't Labor get paid to be a community manager or something at on point. I'd say that's a step-up from not getting a fruit basket.
OBE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2652 on: October 10, 2021, 06:41:35 PM »
Watched the Chapelle special.

Good enough for streaming services but didn't have the same punch as the first Netflix special.
He acts like he's going for maximum edge and controversy but it mellows out pretty quickly.
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2653 on: October 10, 2021, 06:58:37 PM »
User banned (1 week): Dismissive commentary over a sensitive topic

Yikes
I find it pathetic that other users are insulted for expressing their opinion in this thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-middle-east-no-jim-ryan-gaming-in-the-middle-east-existed-long-before-playstation.498039/page-2#post-74977362

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2654 on: October 10, 2021, 07:00:49 PM »
He's wrong about Russia too. I mean, maybe from console perspective, eeh. But Tetris didn't come from space, and Russia and the rest of the Eastern Bloc had a thriving gaming scene at the same time the West did, too.
Yes they had lots of video games behind the Iron Curtain. Big hits like Super Stalin and the Legend of Mao to play on the Nontondov Play Man while waiting in line for food rations  :doge
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2655 on: October 10, 2021, 07:02:52 PM »
New astro whining thread seems to have dropped:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/peta-wants-far-cry-6-to-remove-its-cockfighting-mini-game.498189/

And locked because of a large number of reports :lol

Could the mods just consider for a minute how absurd it is that people are so eager to hammer the report button that they can't keep up?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2656 on: October 10, 2021, 07:05:09 PM »
I'm getting so sick and tired of the mentality "X and Y are the same", ignoring all context.

Based on this thread, people here would gladly say "What's the problem with having a game take place in the Vietnam war? It's okay when it's WWII, so why not Vietnam?"

It's... not okay to have a game in the Vietnam war?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2657 on: October 10, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »
Watched the Chapelle special.

Good enough for streaming services but didn't have the same punch as the first Netflix special.
He acts like he's going for maximum edge and controversy but it mellows out pretty quickly.
Sticks and Stones was fantastic, this had like, 3 good jokes, tbh.
 ("One they many they" being the best one, probably.)

benjipwns

« Reply #2658 on: October 10, 2021, 07:09:48 PM »
He's wrong about Russia too. I mean, maybe from console perspective, eeh. But Tetris didn't come from space, and Russia and the rest of the Eastern Bloc had a thriving gaming scene at the same time the West did, too.
If it wasn't for the West, Tetris would have died in some vault deep in Russia never to be seen again rather than become one of the biggest products in the history of mankind.

I'm getting so sick and tired of the mentality "X and Y are the same", ignoring all context.

Based on this thread, people here would gladly say "What's the problem with having a game take place in the Vietnam war? It's okay when it's WWII, so why not Vietnam?"

It's... not okay to have a game in the Vietnam war?
Yikes, oof, Guerrilla Games' first game was a Vietnam War game. Not a good look.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2659 on: October 10, 2021, 07:12:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/peta-wants-far-cry-6-to-remove-its-cockfighting-mini-game.498189/
Game where you kill humans by the hundreds, people really come in to say "but cockfighting is a crime!"?
Also the guy with the Halo avatar complaining about the violence in general.
 :mindblown

What is a shooter where you DON'T kill other living beings, exactly? It's like a forum of soccer moms from the 90's.  :lol

Propagandhim

« Reply #2660 on: October 10, 2021, 07:13:14 PM »
the Eastern Bloc had a thriving gaming scene at the same time the West did, too.

So thriving that nobody can name one game other than Tetris

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2661 on: October 10, 2021, 07:18:08 PM »
How is this any different from Pokémon? Because Pokémon aren't real, I guess?

It's even framed as an over the top fighting game with lifebars and shit. It's so removed from the real thing it's hard to feel it legitimizes it in any way.

Astro:

Yes, it is completely different to Pokémon because there is not an actual real life, hideously abusive "sport" there.

There's actual real life murder too and yet it's basically all we do in games.

:dayum

Could we agree not to use the same arguments used to defend rape and pedophilia in video games to defend cockfighting? Being just a game or having serial murders doesn't make this argument any less ridiculous. Never did. For no matter.

:holeup
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 07:25:32 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2662 on: October 10, 2021, 07:21:10 PM »
I don't feel extremely strongly about it, but I'd imagine the outcry is more that it's the glorification of murder, particularly of things that already are rights abuses in reality. The fact that it's a sort of trivialization of a systemic abuse of fowl is conceptually similar to why someone might be outraged at GTA not for the murder but for the sexism and transphobia. Its punching down/making light of a real situation. While murder is definitely something that happens in reality, it's generally more decentralized and applies to a lot of humans. It would be the difference between, say, murdering humans, and systemically murdering women.
Stop punching down on chickens!

There's no end to the insanity of this community.  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2663 on: October 10, 2021, 07:23:00 PM »
It looks fun, Cockfighting as a parody of Street Fighter.

Ubisoft finally put some effort into something.
🤴

Klelk

« Reply #2664 on: October 10, 2021, 07:28:05 PM »
User banned (duration pending): Defending cockfighting in a sensitive thread, history of similar infractions, account in junior phase

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2665 on: October 10, 2021, 07:34:29 PM »
Tell me about it.

I uh, I had a filling fall out early in the year. I haven't been to the dentist in years and got insurance so I finally went, they said my gums were all fucked up and wanted like, over a thousand dollars to treat it not even beginning to take into account the filling that fell out. I said no and uh, I haven't been to the dentist again since. The tooth is starting to ache now and IDK what I'm gonna do. I can't afford it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tooth-pain-is-the-worst.497943/#post-74962245

:brain

benjipwns

« Reply #2666 on: October 10, 2021, 07:34:47 PM »
Pajitnov wanted to export Tetris, but he had no knowledge of the business world. His superiors in the Academy were not necessarily happy with the success of the game, since they had not intended such a creation from the research team.[24] Furthermore, intellectual property did not exist in the Soviet Union, and Soviet researchers were not allowed to sell their creations.[27][28] Pajitnov asked his supervisor Victor Brjabrin, who had knowledge of the world outside the Soviet Union, to help him publish Tetris. Pajitnov offered to transfer the rights of the game to the Academy, and was delighted to receive a non-compulsory remuneration from Brjabrin through this deal.[29]

In 1986, Brjabrin sent a copy of Tetris to Hungarian game publisher Novotrade.[29] From there, copies of the game began circulating via floppy disks throughout Hungary and as far as Poland.[30] Robert Stein, an international software salesman for the London-based firm Andromeda Software, saw the game's commercial potential during a visit to Hungary in June 1986.[31][32] After an indifferent response from the Academy,[33] Stein contacted Pajitnov and Brjabrin by fax to obtain the license rights.[32]
The "thriving gaming scene" of the Soviet Bloc where if it was not for blatant piracy in Hungary and a chance visit by a Western software dude the West would have never found out about Tetris.

It still took another three years (five years total from when Pajitnov made Tetris) before Nintendo found out about it and (after extensive legal battles and significant money spent) managed to license it for their upcoming Game Boy.

Alexi Pajitnov, of course, never received any royalties for Tetris because ELORG was a monopoly in the Soviet Union and IP rights in general did not exist in the "thriving gaming scene" of the Soviet Bloc.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2667 on: October 10, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »
User banned (duration pending): Defending cockfighting in a sensitive thread, history of similar infractions, account in junior phase
User banned (duration pending): Dismissing concerns around fowl play.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2668 on: October 10, 2021, 07:44:52 PM »
Pajitnov wanted to export Tetris, but he had no knowledge of the business world. His superiors in the Academy were not necessarily happy with the success of the game, since they had not intended such a creation from the research team.[24] Furthermore, intellectual property did not exist in the Soviet Union, and Soviet researchers were not allowed to sell their creations.[27][28] Pajitnov asked his supervisor Victor Brjabrin, who had knowledge of the world outside the Soviet Union, to help him publish Tetris. Pajitnov offered to transfer the rights of the game to the Academy, and was delighted to receive a non-compulsory remuneration from Brjabrin through this deal.[29]

In 1986, Brjabrin sent a copy of Tetris to Hungarian game publisher Novotrade.[29] From there, copies of the game began circulating via floppy disks throughout Hungary and as far as Poland.[30] Robert Stein, an international software salesman for the London-based firm Andromeda Software, saw the game's commercial potential during a visit to Hungary in June 1986.[31][32] After an indifferent response from the Academy,[33] Stein contacted Pajitnov and Brjabrin by fax to obtain the license rights.[32]
The "thriving gaming scene" of the Soviet Bloc where if it was not for blatant piracy in Hungary and a chance visit by a Western software dude the West would have never found out about Tetris.

It still took another three years (five years total from when Pajitnov made Tetris) before Nintendo found out about it and (after extensive legal battles and significant money spent) managed to license it for their upcoming Game Boy.

Alexi Pajitnov, of course, never received any royalties for Tetris because ELORG was a monopoly in the Soviet Union and IP rights in general did not exist in the "thriving gaming scene" of the Soviet Bloc.
Henk Rogers cut him in once the wall fell and even helped him move to the US in '91.
He was a class act all around in that regard. I believe a movie about Henk Rogers and Tetris is in production right now.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2669 on: October 10, 2021, 07:48:47 PM »

Good thing Gamers rose up and tore down the Iron Curtain. Now we have billions of Russian asset flips on Steam. :rejoice
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 08:42:56 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2670 on: October 10, 2021, 07:51:40 PM »
yeah these people clearly never watched From Russia With Love

a gaming scene so thriving that bored computer mans made it in their spare time and passed it around the office (because they had no other video games)
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2671 on: October 10, 2021, 07:53:27 PM »

And locked because of a large number of reports :lol

Could the mods just consider for a minute how absurd it is that people are so eager to hammer the report button that they can't keep up?

lol the comments from the video in the OP, it seems people are psychic these days, how strange

Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2672 on: October 10, 2021, 07:55:40 PM »
Didn't Labor get paid to be a community manager or something at on point. I'd say that's a step-up from not getting a fruit basket.

I don't know. I just remember seeing him being fat as fuck on some live stream. He looked like one of they shuts in that get carted off to hospital in a crane

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #2674 on: October 10, 2021, 08:28:25 PM »
"spoilers" if you're a dumbass, but I'm not spoiling any of this:
Early copies of Metroid Dread have been floating around on the internet for a few days already. I'm not sure if this is the right time to talk about it, but there's one particular aspect of the game that is definitely relevant to this thread. You can probably guess what i'm getting at; a well-known "tradition" from previous Metroid games...
beating the game in under four hours on both Normal and Hard difficulty unlocks the true final image in the gallery, which is an alternate version of the above but with the Zero Suit instead.

Disapointing to think we almost escaped 'beat the game faster to make Samus undress', but they really couldn't help themselves in the end.
Quote from: Messofanego
So close! Ugh
One non-suggestive image locked behind achieving every ending is definitely a lot better than all of the images that were in Fusion and Zero Mission... especially the one where she's doing the boobs-and-butt pose while also appearing to be guiding an invisible penis into her.

BisMarckie

« Reply #2675 on: October 10, 2021, 08:41:07 PM »
Was it a really good thing to have a #thriving gaming community in Eastern Europe when all of that resulted in CDPR and their various crimes against humanity? :gopnik

ShutUp

« Reply #2676 on: October 10, 2021, 08:41:33 PM »
Lol Ubisoft aint removing shit  :success

BisMarckie

« Reply #2678 on: October 10, 2021, 08:44:56 PM »
As someone with an invisible penis, I feel offended

benjipwns

« Reply #2679 on: October 10, 2021, 09:20:15 PM »
Was it a really good thing to have a #thriving gaming community in Eastern Europe when all of that resulted in CDPR and their various crimes against humanity? :gopnik
The best part is that thriving game scene is the literal way CDPR came into existence:
According to Iwiński, although he enjoyed playing video games as a child they were scarce in then-communist Poland. Marcin Iwiński, in high school, was selling cracked copies of Western video games at a Warsaw marketplace.

Propagandhim

« Reply #2680 on: October 10, 2021, 09:21:23 PM »
#thriving

BisMarckie

« Reply #2681 on: October 10, 2021, 09:32:50 PM »
The best part is that thriving game scene is the literal way CDPR came into existence:
According to Iwiński, although he enjoyed playing video games as a child they were scarce in then-communist Poland. Marcin Iwiński, in high school, was selling cracked copies of Western video games at a Warsaw marketplace.

FACT CHECK: You could buy pirated vidya games on markets until the early 2000's.

Another thing the EU bureaucrats ruined  :maf

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2682 on: October 10, 2021, 10:00:26 PM »
I hope they're prepared to lose a lot of money, revenue & customers over to their wireless carriers & ISP competitors. They deserve to burn.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/reuters-propaganda-channel-oan-nurtured-and-funded-by-at-t.496434/page-2#post-75013878

benjipwns

« Reply #2683 on: October 10, 2021, 10:01:24 PM »

FACT CHECK: You could buy pirated vidya games on markets until the early 2000's.

Another thing the EU bureaucrats ruined  :maf
That's where the "CD" in CDPR comes from, they were the first to sell legitimate CD-ROM games from the West.

IIRC, THQ Nordic (of hosting Ms.Galaxy's child pornography fame) started along very similar lines as CDPR in both ways and they were in Austria of all places.

edit: Actually, hell, IIRC, UbiSoft also has a background in pirate markets and they were in France!

benjipwns

« Reply #2684 on: October 10, 2021, 10:11:13 PM »
I hope they're prepared to lose a lot of money, revenue & customers over to their wireless carriers & ISP competitors. They deserve to burn.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/reuters-propaganda-channel-oan-nurtured-and-funded-by-at-t.496434/page-2#post-75013878
When are we going to seriously regulate and reign in corporate media?
We really, REALLY need to do this.

But it will be messy, and obviously these corporate networks will scream "my first amendment rights! my first amendment rights!" the entire time.

But yes, the country (and world) would be far better off without Fox News, OAN, CNN, etc, and they are in large parts to blame for a lot of the issues we face in this country.
Part of the problem with regulating media is that even if the public will exists, the right wing propaganda outlets are part of the half of the political establishment with an electoral advantage.
Never because nobody with any sort of power or influence wants this to happen.
Right. There's just too much power and money tied into these networks, I just don't ever see them being removed or even regulated.

What we need (AT BARE MINIMUM) is the return of the Fairness Doctrine, but I'm not sure how likely that would be in this day and age.

Amendment I (1791)
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I mean, it's literally the first one.

BikeJesus

« Reply #2685 on: October 10, 2021, 10:18:50 PM »

It's a bit baffling why they wasted resources on adding something like this, but it's equally as baffling to me why so many people have an issue with it while at the same time slicing peoples necks open with machetes and burning them alive with flamethrowers.. or sending their pet crocodile to brutally murder them etc. is totally fine.

So if anyone could elaborate on why this is different, I'd appreciate it. After all it's just a game, and not even a particularly realistic one. It's cartoon violence in both cases.

Say the same thing about sexy women in games and see where it gets you. So close to a realization.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2686 on: October 10, 2021, 10:27:25 PM »
Quote from: Lunarworks
"If we kiss the boots of the fascists and assist them in their rise to power they will pay us back with favours" is always a winning strategy.

Unless you've read history books. 

:lol

You think they care about it beyond “let’s make money from it”. Also, political donations does the job better.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2687 on: October 10, 2021, 10:36:58 PM »

But it will be messy, and obviously these corporate networks will scream "my first amendment rights! my first amendment rights!" the entire time.

"This stupid media screaming "my first amendment rights!" while we abolish free speech"

Isn't this kinda... fascist?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2688 on: October 10, 2021, 10:44:20 PM »
"spoilers" if you're a dumbass, but I'm not spoiling any of this:
One non-suggestive image locked behind achieving every ending is definitely a lot better than all of the images that were in Fusion and Zero Mission... especially the one where she's doing the boobs-and-butt pose while also appearing to be guiding an invisible penis into her.

I hate when they don't even understand their own concepts. Standing in profile is not a boob and butt pose you idiot

Boredfrom

« Reply #2689 on: October 10, 2021, 10:50:36 PM »

"This stupid media screaming "my first amendment rights!" while we abolish free speech"

Isn't this kinda... fascist?

I dunno why RE expects that government regulation will ‘improve’ discourse, specially since government regulation of Speech seems to be all the rage with Trump and republicans (just calling it “fair and balanced”). Missing the forest for the trees because somehow “Freeze peaches” is spouted by stupid alt righters and somehow it make this bad.

benjipwns

« Reply #2690 on: October 10, 2021, 10:55:48 PM »
It's because they expect (and want) to be the censors.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2691 on: October 10, 2021, 11:07:05 PM »
It's because they expect (and want) to be the censors.

But that is a stupid thing to expect given the political reality of the situation. The closest approach of what they want is in China and sure as fuck they may not be thrilled that they are not allowed to bitch and moan at social media without a invincible censor not judging them, and that censor cannot be beaten to submission with bitching and moaning.

Era is pretty insular to begin with, to the point that they consider a victory that people there stopped talking about Scott The Woz even if he still gets millions of views per video. They are not even in the mainstream spectrum anymore.

« Reply #2692 on: October 11, 2021, 12:20:24 AM »
jim ryan is right lmao

Trojita

« Reply #2693 on: October 11, 2021, 12:28:57 AM »

I'm pretty sure that posture is called The Bigfoot :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #2694 on: October 11, 2021, 12:39:32 AM »
idk about anyone else but im very bored of the dave chappelle discourse now :trumps
new lore dropped:
https://twitter.com/staceyoristano/status/1446934150066413570

Trojita

« Reply #2695 on: October 11, 2021, 12:41:43 AM »
I don't feel extremely strongly about it, but I'd imagine the outcry is more that it's the glorification of murder, particularly of things that already are rights abuses in reality. The fact that it's a sort of trivialization of a systemic abuse of fowl is conceptually similar to why someone might be outraged at GTA not for the murder but for the sexism and transphobia. Its punching down/making light of a real situation. While murder is definitely something that happens in reality, it's generally more decentralized and applies to a lot of humans. It would be the difference between, say, murdering humans, and systemically murdering women.
Stop punching down on chickens!

There's no end to the insanity of this community.  :lol

But when we talk about our cocks, it's Boys Club Behavior.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2696 on: October 11, 2021, 01:06:33 AM »
What we need (AT BARE MINIMUM) is the return of the Fairness Doctrine, but I'm not sure how likely that would be in this day and age.

imagine era's reaction in a world where cnn and washington post are required to provide a good faith, charitable interpretation of the right's position on any issue  :lol

fairness doctrine is the epitome of "both sidesing"  :lol

plus it only applied to organizations with a radio or TV broadcast license which is hilariously outdated today, when anyone can develop a name for themselves and upload to youtube or stream their partisan news all day long, just claiming to be grassroots nobodies who happen to have millions of views ;) ;)
Uncle

Odrion

._.

benjipwns

« Reply #2698 on: October 11, 2021, 02:03:58 AM »
imagine era's reaction in a world where cnn and washington post are required to provide a good faith, charitable interpretation of the right's position on any issue  :lol

fairness doctrine is the epitome of "both sidesing"  :lol

plus it only applied to organizations with a radio or TV broadcast license which is hilariously outdated today, when anyone can develop a name for themselves and upload to youtube or stream their partisan news all day long, just claiming to be grassroots nobodies who happen to have millions of views ;) ;)
One of my favorite things in reading the comments of Democrats who want the state to censor the internet is there's always dummies going "WE NEED THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE BACK" and want it applied to Fox News and Facebook and YouTube and everything else. Like lmao when you post some dank BROOKLYNDADDEFIANT boomer meme paid for by the DNC on Twitter and then Ted Cruz is given the right to equal space on your page to post whatever he wants.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2699 on: October 11, 2021, 02:25:34 AM »
idk about anyone else but im very bored of the dave chappelle discourse now :trumps
new lore dropped:
https://twitter.com/staceyoristano/status/1446934150066413570

Smells like a lawsuit waiting to happen, specially since she is namedropping other celebrities.