Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785066 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2820 on: October 12, 2021, 02:12:49 PM »
If you guys type resetera into google what are your suggested phrases?

On fresh install I get “Resetera is Toxic” and “Resetera controversy”

???

On a fresh incognito mode window

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2821 on: October 12, 2021, 02:25:21 PM »
I get:

resetera forum
resetera project eve
resetera crypto
resetera cyberpunk 2077
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2822 on: October 12, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »
Project Eve was real hit

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #2824 on: October 12, 2021, 03:16:04 PM »

Wtf is white lotus?  I know black lotus cause I’m a nerd but I’ve never heard of white lotus.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2825 on: October 12, 2021, 03:17:55 PM »
White Lotus is a TV show for YTs.
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2826 on: October 12, 2021, 03:21:53 PM »
:kobeyuck

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2827 on: October 12, 2021, 03:23:53 PM »
ResetEra is - ostensibly - a place for like-minded, progressive-leaning gamers (particularly using The Old Place as a metric for comparison), LGBT+ friendly people, and those whose political/cultural/emotional ideologies align somewhere inside that diagram in some way or another. to expect a place like that to entertain or welcome discussion of a position that inherently supposes some of those people are Less Than, or Other, or Wrong in some capacity is, to be frank, completely fucking insane. it has nothing to do with an echo chamber - it has everything to do with a safe space.
That's not how prominent members of ResetERA.com describe it. They use terms much much worse to describe the horrific reality of ResetERA.com. Where members are almost always talking about how some people are Less Than, Other and Wrong. And then it all sends the staff members into crying fits and therapy rather than them doing anything to stop it.

Also, literally every member on there is acting in bad faith and it's all one big organized conspiracy that the staff aid and abet:
Don’t worry, that person is almost certainly still here. Probably someone that spends all their time posting on gaming side because posting in OT would get them banned due to their vile social/political opinions, so they dusted off an alt to rile feathers and JAQ off.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2828 on: October 12, 2021, 03:27:32 PM »
what is an emotional ideology?
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2829 on: October 12, 2021, 03:28:35 PM »
Didn't he talk about contacting her family to set up a trust fund for her daughter?

Yes, he did.  And her family supports Dave:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dave-chappelle-backed-by-family-of-late-transgender-comedian-daphne-dorman-from-the-closer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/10/11/dave-chappelle-is-an-lgbtq-ally-family-of-late-trans-comedian/amp/

“Dave loved my sister and is an LGBTQ ally,” Brandy added in a text to the outlet, referring to Daphne, who killed herself while under attack for sticking up for Chappelle over his earlier gags about the trans community.

“His entire set was begging to end this very situation,” she said.

Brandy added on Facebook, “I feel like he poured his heart out in that special and no one noticed.

“What he’s saying to the LGBTQ family is, ‘I see you. Do you see me? I’m mourning my friend in the best way I know how. Can you see me? Can you allow me that?’” she wrote, calling the set a “call to come together.”

But in texts to The Daily Beast, Becky said her late sister “was in awe of Dave’s graciousness.”

“She did not find his jokes rude, crude, off-coloring, off-putting, anything. She thought his jokes were funny,” she wrote of her rookie comedian sister, who Chappelle had invited to open for him at shows. “Daphne understood humor and comedy — she was not offended. Why would her family be offended?”

Becky insisted that “Dave was the biggest bright spot for Daphne” before her suicide.

“Blaming Dave is beyond the wrong thing to do,” she told The Daily Beast. “He helped her and let her be comfortable while talking with him. She had many demons; Dave Chappelle was NOT one of them.”
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:34:55 PM by bork »
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #2830 on: October 12, 2021, 03:40:04 PM »
I have no idea why people are saying it was a week then
Because they'd rather that it be true. No matter what that would actually imply. The facts are inconvenient to the narrative, but the narrative cannot ever be dismissed.

Imagine taking this for context, and not the actual netflix special.
I just did a quick look through the thread, and the dailybeast article about daphne's family is no where to be seen, but rando twitters posts of screencaps from facebook (LOL) are taken as gospel.

Reminds me of trumpers.
They don't care about Daphne other than how they can blame someone they've decided to hate for her death. Really they don't care one iota about trans people, especially their rights, in general except where they can be used as a cudgel to beat on their perceived opponents. And especially the prominent trans members exhibit this behavior led by detestable scumbags like Kyuuji and incelsiorlef. They care more about temporarily claiming scalps in the culture wars on the internet than anything else on Earth. That they would promote an obviously false story designed entirely to smear someone is not surprising in the least, why would they care about openly and blatantly lying in the service of harming their perceived enemies? That the staff allow it isn't surprisingly either because they share the same warped worldview in which pursuing the destruction of people's reputations based on anything (true or not) is the greatest social good possible. Nothing gives this kind of trash pleasure like using whatever little power they can claim to harm others.

On this broader subject, just look at the continuing behavior of this other lowlife they've promoted to hero status:
https://twitter.com/RainofTerra/status/1447666781795930112

At this point, Netflix should fire her so she no longer has to feel complicit working for a company she publicly accused of directly contributing to the murder of trans people. An accusation she has not modified or withdrawn and continues to promote as she gains followers and attention for her original accusation. Why would you want someone so craven and vile and uninterested in the positive goals of your operation working within your company?

edit: I'm going to add this to make this more of a final post for this subject rather than continuing to give it any airtime.

Can Dave Chappelle be criticized? Of course, always. Can he be called transphobic? Yes, with good reason. (Disclaimer: I am not a Dave Chappelle fan.)

But they're taking someone, however misguided in his views, who seemingly only wished to express those views and accusing him of murder or worse, fabricating multiple stories to smear him, and not only not pushing back on their allies who do these things but actively promoting them while lashing out at anyone who dares question if he's an actual malicious villain.

Nah, there's no reason to be polite, they've shown themselves to be garbage.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 04:25:11 PM by benjipwns »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2832 on: October 12, 2021, 03:46:27 PM »
Imagine finding out you're about to be fired because twitter took your blue check mark.

:crowdlaff

benjipwns

« Reply #2833 on: October 12, 2021, 04:03:33 PM »
Imagine finding out you're about to be fired because twitter took your blue check mark.
She's never had a blue check mark. She's a nobody who had a few thousand followers before she accused Netflix and Dave Chappelle of directly contributing to the murder of trans people. Now she's demanding to be verified to "protect" her from a handful of people on Twitter criticizing her.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2835 on: October 12, 2021, 04:11:08 PM »
She's never had a blue check mark. She's a nobody who had a few thousand followers before she accused Netflix and Dave Chappelle of directly contributing to the murder of trans people. Now she's demanding to be verified to "protect" her from a handful of people on Twitter criticizing her.

woops I was thinking of the dear white people showrunner

Trojita

« Reply #2836 on: October 12, 2021, 04:25:42 PM »
What tools does being verified on twitter actually provide? Besides empowering narcissism.

benjipwns

« Reply #2837 on: October 12, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »
What tools does being verified on twitter actually provide? Besides empowering narcissism.
For one thing, the default is that you no longer see tweets from non blue check marks without actively doing so by following them, etc.

They also take your reports of other accounts more seriously probably.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #2838 on: October 12, 2021, 04:28:54 PM »
part of me wishes you werent banned because this is a common refrain people use in situations like this and its fucking outrageous and while im sure it would fall on deaf ears, i wish you could hear why. im not going to sign up for a membership on Stormfront and expect to have a casual, open, and intellectual conversation about why white supremacy is bad. im not going to join some Trump-loving subreddit and get pissed off when no one wants to listen to my carefully crafted and cogent arguments about why he's a monstrous demagogue who has genuinely damaged not just the fabric of this country but possibly beyond.

ResetEra is - ostensibly - a place for like-minded, progressive-leaning gamers (particularly using The Old Place as a metric for comparison), LGBT+ friendly people, and those whose political/cultural/emotional ideologies align somewhere inside that diagram in some way or another. to expect a place like that to entertain or welcome discussion of a position that inherently supposes some of those people are Less Than, or Other, or Wrong in some capacity is, to be frank, completely fucking insane. it has nothing to do with an echo chamber - it has everything to do with a safe space.

(Image removed from quote.)

I mean... comparing Era to stormfront or a trumpist subreddit in terms of how they all behave towards people attempting to go against 'the narrative' is accurate, but...

Don’t worry, that person is almost certainly still here. Probably someone that spends all their time posting on gaming side because posting in OT would get them banned due to their vile social/political opinions, so they dusted off an alt to rile feathers and JAQ off.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2839 on: October 12, 2021, 04:28:57 PM »
At this point, Netflix should fire her so she no longer has to feel complicit working for a company she publicly accused of directly contributing to the murder of trans people. An accusation she has not modified or withdrawn and continues to promote as she gains followers and attention for her original accusation. Why would you want someone so craven and vile and uninterested in the positive goals of your operation working within your company?

It's mind-boggling how the common resetera reaction is "she got fired for her posts but they won't say that because of the optics" (she isn't fired, just suspended) when in reality, probably the only reason she didn't get fired after entering that director's meeting was because of her posts because of the optics. Netflix's sensitivity saved her job it didn't cost her one.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2840 on: October 12, 2021, 04:32:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/RainofTerra/status/1447991607974719496

This is some fucking hilarious stupidity.

People with large Twitter followings are one of the main reason crisis communications experts are necessary.

As a communications expert with crisis communications experience, I repeat my advice when targeted on Twitter for cancelling:
  • Don't engage
  • Don't respond
  • Don't apologise...ever!
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2841 on: October 12, 2021, 04:33:55 PM »
It proves you're more equal than others
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2842 on: October 12, 2021, 04:36:34 PM »

It's mind-boggling how the common resetera reaction is "she got fired for her posts but they won't say that because of the optics" (she isn't fired, just suspended) when in reality, probably the only reason she didn't get fired after entering that director's meeting was because of her posts because of the optics. Netflix's sensitivity saved her job it didn't cost her one.
Usually, at the end of a suspension like that, there would be some sort of "show cause" for why they should keep their job. This person is doing a fantastic job of illustrating in grave detail why they should be fired. If Netflix had any sense, they would already be sharpening their knives.

Edit: They should also be asking the hiring manager that employed her why they should keep their job too.
Spud

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #2843 on: October 12, 2021, 04:49:51 PM »
If you guys type resetera into google what are your suggested phrases?

On fresh install I get “Resetera is Toxic” and “Resetera controversy”

???

(Image removed from quote.)

On a fresh incognito mode window

Resetera pedophilia next pls

benjipwns

« Reply #2844 on: October 12, 2021, 04:53:01 PM »
Usually, at the end of a suspension like that, there would be some sort of "show cause" for why they should keep their job. This person is doing a fantastic job of illustrating in grave detail why they should be fired. If Netflix had any sense, they would already be sharpening their knives.

Edit: They should also be asking the hiring manager that employed her why they should keep their job too.
In fairness to her, she's a Senior Software Engineer with experience at Blizzard (she worked on Battle.net), and other companies, so I have no reason to assume she's not qualified at her actual job of doing backend work. They just need to tell her to shut the fuck up with publicly accusing the company and its major stars of contributing to criminal behavior.

Here's her recent background, she worked in similar positions at other companies going back another five years and has appropriate certifications and recommendations on her profile for someone not totally shit at their job:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 04:57:12 PM by benjipwns »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2845 on: October 12, 2021, 05:03:47 PM »
I have no idea why people are saying it was a week then :idont

Yeah you'd think her friend would know.

The people in that thread will keep saying "a week" because it gives their bias an immediate connection from the special releasing and Daphne's suicide since to them it will appear to have happened immediately afterwards.

timetable issues are due to the way dave tells it in the closer

from what I remember he actually says it was one week later, which by looking at dates on tweets is either him embellishing the point (all stand up comedians lie/embellish any based-on-a-true-stories), or forgetting, or talking about the timing of different related events

I'm not even sure if the timing matters that much

it's ghoulish going around in circles on the details of this poor lady's final moments, honestly from what I saw you could even chalk it up to the recent ending of a relationship and not even any transphobia or abuse of any kind
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2846 on: October 12, 2021, 05:04:56 PM »
Life Pro Tip for everyone with a job...no matter how qualified you are, don't publicly criticise your employer and don't try to crash a director-level meeting that you're not invited to. If you do, you'll be suspended and probably fired.

The only reason she's not gone is the diversity armour.
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #2847 on: October 12, 2021, 05:09:03 PM »
It's the kinda hubris and abandon that comes with having a cushy senior level software engineering job in the most expensive city in the world.  Some of these people are jenga blocks.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2848 on: October 12, 2021, 05:10:41 PM »
much ado was made about netflix recently getting seinfeld on the service which has:

• an episode where a woman has man hands and this makes her a horrifying un-dateable freak
  • an episode where a man has a high voice and talks like a woman and this is the supposedly an acceptable source of hilarity
  • the origin of "not that there's anything wrong with that," which is the "I'm not racist but" of LGBT issues
  • jerry seinfeld, noted friend of chapelle and also one of the first comedians to publicly comment on sensitive assholes/cancel culture
  • michael richards, presented uncritically
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2849 on: October 12, 2021, 05:12:36 PM »
much ado was made about netflix recently getting seinfeld on the service which has:

• an episode where a woman has man hands and this makes her a horrifying un-dateable freak
  • an episode where a man has a high voice and talks like a woman and this is the supposedly an acceptable source of hilarity
  • the origin of "not that there's anything wrong with that," which is the "I'm not racist but" of LGBT issues
  • jerry seinfeld, noted friend of chapelle and also one of the first comedians to publicly comment on sensitive assholes/cancel culture

and small penis shaming
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2850 on: October 12, 2021, 05:18:29 PM »

and small penis shaming
Strange that neither of you mention the actual crime of putting it in 16:9 :thinking

Propagandhim

« Reply #2851 on: October 12, 2021, 05:19:24 PM »

and small penis shaming
Strange that neither of you mention the actual crime of putting it in 16:9 :thinking

lol thats a chode

Trojita

« Reply #2852 on: October 12, 2021, 05:23:06 PM »

and small penis shaming

https://twitter.com/Thatoneguy64/status/1443961536079450117

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2853 on: October 12, 2021, 05:54:39 PM »
It is easier for dank memers and Trumpers to target you when you are branded with the lib soy certificate :trumps
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2854 on: October 12, 2021, 06:11:01 PM »
Didn't he talk about contacting her family to set up a trust fund for her daughter?

Yes, he did.  And her family supports Dave:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dave-chappelle-backed-by-family-of-late-transgender-comedian-daphne-dorman-from-the-closer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/10/11/dave-chappelle-is-an-lgbtq-ally-family-of-late-trans-comedian/amp/

“Dave loved my sister and is an LGBTQ ally,” Brandy added in a text to the outlet, referring to Daphne, who killed herself while under attack for sticking up for Chappelle over his earlier gags about the trans community.

“His entire set was begging to end this very situation,” she said.

Brandy added on Facebook, “I feel like he poured his heart out in that special and no one noticed.

“What he’s saying to the LGBTQ family is, ‘I see you. Do you see me? I’m mourning my friend in the best way I know how. Can you see me? Can you allow me that?’” she wrote, calling the set a “call to come together.”

But in texts to The Daily Beast, Becky said her late sister “was in awe of Dave’s graciousness.”

“She did not find his jokes rude, crude, off-coloring, off-putting, anything. She thought his jokes were funny,” she wrote of her rookie comedian sister, who Chappelle had invited to open for him at shows. “Daphne understood humor and comedy — she was not offended. Why would her family be offended?”

Becky insisted that “Dave was the biggest bright spot for Daphne” before her suicide.

“Blaming Dave is beyond the wrong thing to do,” she told The Daily Beast. “He helped her and let her be comfortable while talking with him. She had many demons; Dave Chappelle was NOT one of them.”

the family are clearly paid shills for big comedy

:piss :rodney :piss2
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2855 on: October 12, 2021, 06:18:41 PM »

All of those things ARE hilarious. Even Michael Richards when he's not being a racist cunt.

There's a little thing called context. Every one of those situations is presented in a way that you're laughing at Seinfeld or the other cast members, not the person.
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #2856 on: October 12, 2021, 06:33:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/demi-lavato-referring-to-extra-terrestrials-as-alien-is-offensive-to-the-alien.498693/page-3#post-75102216

User banned (1 month): antagonizing other users across multiple threads, prior bans for the similar behavior
Quote from: PMS341
Weird that the OP hasn't updated/edited any misgendering or even asked for a thread closure at this point, but I guess they are too busy defending the Iraq War to notice lol.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/was-the-first-iraq-war-justified-if-not-how-do-you-deal-with-the-invasion-of-kuwait.498765/page-2#post-75097794
 However this did give me a chuckle:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/demi-lavato-referring-to-extra-terrestrials-as-alien-is-offensive-to-the-alien.498693/#post-75070668
User Warned: Misgendering
Quote from: Warhawk4Ever
If it was anyone else I'd agree. With her? She is just insane.

Only warned for misgendering and refusing to edit it? It must be nice to be one of B-Dubs poliera friends.

OBE

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2857 on: October 12, 2021, 06:37:32 PM »
As a communications expert with crisis communications experience

Communicate with deez nuts
woke

BisMarckie

« Reply #2858 on: October 12, 2021, 06:50:56 PM »
For my boy benji
And on that we agree, armed fight against fascism is justified. And guess what that's what imperialist policy is. Fascism. Be it from saddam or from Reagan or from mitterand or from brezhnev

benjipwns

« Reply #2859 on: October 12, 2021, 06:55:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/demi-lavato-referring-to-extra-terrestrials-as-alien-is-offensive-to-the-alien.498693/
If we're going to have another "Let's dunk on this celebrity" thread, let's respect their pronouns. Yes?
Lovato has some brain damage from an overdose that almost killed them in 2018, so I feel weird about mocking them for a fair bit of the ludicrous stuff they put out (all the reaching aliens extraterrestrials through meditation shit), but yeah, it's being monetised and signal boosted, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
no matter how stupid the shit they say might be, misgendering demi (they‘re non-binary, hell the fucking tmz article even uses the right pronouns) & calling them insane in the same breath is fucking disgusting
Is there anything to suggest that Demi's quirks stem from them having brain damage? The brain is a complex organ, and damage can result in almost any kind of symptoms, both physical and mental. But Demi seems to have been more erratic in their behaviour even before 2018.

That said, they have a long history of struggling with mental health and addiction, so I'm not entirely comfortable with how they're being thrust under the spotlight for the sole purpose of being pointed and laughed at.
Can someone fix the thread title please? They are called Lovato and not Lavato
Could you edit this with the correct pronouns please? And "insane" may not be a good choice word either...
i watched that demi lovato documentary this past summer and the stuff theyve been through was pretty horrific. overdosed on drugs and left for dead after being raped by their drug dealer. previously raped on the set of one of those camp rock movies too, i believe. so ill keep from judgment regarding them from now on.
This forum is really terrible when facing and recognizing mental health issues.
My two cents: I wish ERA wouldn't allow threads like this. Demi has gone on record about how their overdose resulted in permanent brain damage, bad enough that they are no longer allowed to legally drive. Want to dunk on someone like Donald Trump, go apeshit. But mocking someone who clearly suffers from lingering mental issues isn't fun.

No one in the thread is going to agree with Demi, so there's no constructive discussion to be had here, it's all just "Wow, aren't they dumb/stupid/crazy? Hollyweird, amirite?!"
This.

ERA a long way to go on a lot of issues including mental illness.
seriously. people in this thread actually calling them insane? gross as fuck.

and if you don't know enough about a person and the things they have going on, don't say shit like that about them and act repentant later. that's just a good rule of thumb for being a decent human.
Yeah and the thread title and the article themselves seem in bad faith too
I had no idea about their brain damage. That is so awful and puts a lot of context into this. :/

I also agree with you - this thread feels a bit weird to me. Uncomfortable even.
I gotta agree here
Completely agree. I'm actually a bit shocked to see some of the comments here. Folks sounding like a boomer facebook page.
Thanks for saying this and I agree, a lot of horrible comments from some posters in here.
Hi, they literally have brain damage

How about we quit it with the ableist language
Fuck this. They have brain damage. This thread only seems to exist for fuckos like you to make fun of someone with mental health issues.

Y'all are fucking gross.

You can also easily tell in this thread who has never been called an alien by a cop or border agent
100%. The poster who was like 'hell, everyone on this forum is an alien to me, its no big deal!!' showed their whole entire ass
Came into this thread ready to dunk on what I thought was yet another self-important celebrity having weird takes, didn't know about their actual brain damage so instead I end up questioning why the thread is still up and why the mods notes are just about their gender.
Why do posts in this thread sound like KotakuInAction bullshit, lamenting how far PC culture has gone that we can’t even say “alien” anymore, and calling people “insane” for saying an opinion about language while misgendering then in the same breath?

OP: you couldn’t spell Demi’s name correctly, get their pronouns right, or show even a basic respect for another human being by not referring to them as insane for the crime of…saying a goofy thing related to a show their job is to promote. What makes you any sort of authority on language and what’s acceptable or not?
Cmon don't be so "woke" bro

ITT basic human decency is "woke"
Gotta love the threads on here where the thin vaneer of progressiveness that this forum likes to champion itself on drops away and it becomes crystal clear that the demographics and lived experiences of those on here are overwhelming that of straight white neurotypical men
Agreed. I have tremendous sympathy for Demi because they are just trying to get their life back together as a current/former drug addict, and they’re lucky to have survived their overdose. I don’t necessarily care or agree about mislabeling extraterrestrial beings until we find them and know what they are, but I don’t think Demi is stupid or insane just because of this interview slice. Demi is a great, sweet person it seems like. As far as celebrities go, they’ve never hurt anyone except themselves, they deserve public support, not public ridicule.
OP seemingly only started this thread to shit on Demi while misgendering them and calling them insane and a number of similarly-minded users have come in to do the same freely. Not sure why this is still open but its gross.
And this is a so-called "safe space" :notlikethis

benjipwns

« Reply #2860 on: October 12, 2021, 06:55:40 PM »
Also:
Shut up, Demi.
:wag :yikes :wag

« Reply #2861 on: October 12, 2021, 06:58:19 PM »
This isn’t fucking English. They and Them are plural not singular

benjipwns

« Reply #2862 on: October 12, 2021, 06:59:12 PM »
Oh, good, it continues:
Please respect people's pronouns.
Not trying to say that poster is doing it on purpose, but similar shit was happening in the Demi Lovato thread. Either people refuse to read it says “they” under their name, or that user is a bigot.
Quote from: Warhawk4Ever
i actually didn't read it. Not use to it. I'll do better.
:camby

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2863 on: October 12, 2021, 07:07:03 PM »
They invaded Kuwait and Saudi Arabia would've been next, you don't fuck around with the worlds oil supply like that.

Still you have to wonder if it was their own idea.
🤴

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2864 on: October 12, 2021, 07:15:02 PM »
Also:
Shut up, Demi.
:wag :yikes :wag

They already shut Demi up by banning him for a month :ufup

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2865 on: October 12, 2021, 07:22:11 PM »
Shot

My husband was cooking dinner last night and asked where our garlic press was. I said I didn’t know as he was opening and closing every drawer we have in the kitchen. He continued to look and frustratedly exclaimed, “I can never find where we keep it!”

I said, “it’s a privilege to not know where things are in your own kitchen, because that means you weren’t the one who cleaned the kitchen last.”

He said “I guess you’re right” and hasn’t asked where a single thing is since.

Chaser

—— EDIT: Getting a lot of questions on who is cleaning our kitchen if I didn’t know where it was either.

I recently hired cleaners since I started a new job that requires long hours.
:O

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2866 on: October 12, 2021, 07:26:25 PM »
Shot

Do men just not ask out women anymore?

Chaser

Since Covid I feel that I’ve been asked out for drinks a ton and expected to take that as a date, but I don’t drink a lot.

??? ??? ???
:O

Propagandhim

« Reply #2867 on: October 12, 2021, 07:43:40 PM »
Gotta love the threads on here where the thin vaneer of progressiveness that this forum likes to champion itself on drops away and it becomes crystal clear that the demographics and lived experiences of those on here are overwhelming that of straight white neurotypical men

Agreed.  And I'm going to go ahead and say something controversial yet brave:  Resetera is the biggest white supremacist forum on the internet.  One poster complaining about the rampant sexism and racism?  That's a one-off thing.  But all these posters can't be wrong. 

benjipwns

« Reply #2868 on: October 12, 2021, 07:45:37 PM »
Agreed.  And I'm going to go ahead and say something controversial yet brave:  Resetera is the biggest white supremacist forum on the internet.
Disagree. I don't think it's that popular.

Propagandhim

« Reply #2869 on: October 12, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »
Agreed.  And I'm going to go ahead and say something controversial yet brave:  Resetera is the biggest white supremacist forum on the internet.
Disagree. I don't think it's that popular.

I can't name any other forum that has as many people in distress (many brought to tears) when confronted with the racist lived white experiences of its users.  They're living these experiences.  They're lived fucking experiences.  And it's gross.

Vertigo

« Reply #2870 on: October 12, 2021, 07:51:05 PM »
If I see another Metroid Dread themed thread on Reeeee I'll scream

:stahp :notlikethis

I've added at least 15 of them to ignore the last two weeks

Propagandhim

« Reply #2871 on: October 12, 2021, 07:52:41 PM »
It's fucking gross it smells like fucking shit

« Reply #2872 on: October 12, 2021, 07:56:22 PM »

My two cents: I wish ERA wouldn't allow threads like this. Demi has gone on record about how their overdose resulted in permanent brain damage, bad enough that they are no longer allowed to legally drive. Want to dunk on someone like Donald Trump, go apeshit. But mocking someone who clearly suffers from lingering mental issues isn't fun.

No one in the thread is going to agree with Demi, so there's no constructive discussion to be had here, it's all just "Wow, aren't they dumb/stupid/crazy? Hollyweird, amirite?!"

So after she od’d and got brain damage she said start using they and them on me . That would mean the brain injury contributed in that decision correct ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/demi-lavato-referring-to-extra-terrestrials-as-alien-is-offensive-to-the-alien.498693/post-75095271

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2873 on: October 12, 2021, 08:12:03 PM »
If I see another Metroid Dread themed thread on Reeeee I'll scream

:stahp :notlikethis

I've added at least 15 of them to ignore the last two weeks

:miyamoto
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #2874 on: October 12, 2021, 08:18:42 PM »
At least the Metroid threads are semi-topical currently. (My favorite one so far was the one asking if Dread getting so much ResetERA.com bubble attention meant Metroid was becoming a superstar franchise metaverse ala Fortnite. lol no) It's the guaranteed weekly Smash hypothetical threads that go on for pages and never seem to drop off the front page that I truly enjoy.

"Do you guys think if Nintendo makes a new Smash in 2025 and includes Halo Chief and Kraitos it would sell more copies per week than Smash Brawl sold in its lifetime?"

benjipwns

« Reply #2875 on: October 12, 2021, 10:05:05 PM »
I'm making a ruling to insert an exception to my Chappelle posting moratorium, you'll understand in a second:
The last comedy special to hit big on Netflix was Hannah Gadsby‘s 2018 “Nanette,” which vivisected the (straight, male) toxicity behind certain kinds of comedy. In a case of brutal irony, the special includes the story of Gadsby, who is lesbian, being beaten up by a man who mistook her for another man, a traumatic event she first tells as a joke and then unspools to reveal exactly how unfunny it is.

Strangely, Sarandos neglects to mention “Nanette” in his memo (possibly because he does not want Gadsby’s take on Chappelle’s show)
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2876 on: October 12, 2021, 10:48:00 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2878 on: October 12, 2021, 11:24:09 PM »
Did Chappelle beat up Gadsby?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2879 on: October 12, 2021, 11:26:58 PM »
Competitively, yes