Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1822647 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #3180 on: October 14, 2021, 06:45:22 AM »
Also, here's another funny concept. Have yall considered that the mods don't want to paid? Cause ya know, makes this shit feel like a job when they got jobs.
:whoo :snoop

The worst part of having a job?  The feeling of getting paid.
Cerium must feel awful with all that money and none of the fun of community engagement

edit: top of the page :lawd

Boredfrom

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #3181 on: October 14, 2021, 06:48:00 AM »
Also, here's another funny concept. Have yall considered that the mods don't want to paid? Cause ya know, makes this shit feel like a job when they got jobs.
:whoo :snoop

Getting paid makes the abuse they do and they receive real. Doing for free means that they can get high in their power trips without worrying they actually affecting others outside their circle of friends and laugh off any legit or perceived abuse they receive.

So they can said all is good and well while also saying they are traumatized by the ordeal, that Cerium can sell the forum for 4.5 million with minimal public input and not being sad that everyone outside of their social circle consider them useful idiots.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3182 on: October 14, 2021, 06:52:06 AM »
They are bunch of broken people and they not even understand that.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3183 on: October 14, 2021, 06:52:49 AM »
Mods and staff knew about the healthy revenue and yet advertised the Clear era scam?
...and STILL didn't demand to get paid!!!
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #3184 on: October 14, 2021, 06:53:50 AM »

Alright gents, this was fun.  Now I have to catch up on a little sleep.  After all the shit that went down tonight, I just hope sabrina is okay.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3185 on: October 14, 2021, 06:59:23 AM »
Quote from: Finale_Fireworker
I am humbled by your acknowledgment.

It was always the people that made what we went through worth it. A lot of the conflict and stress has changed me forever, but so have the relationships I made. As I get older it is harder to make friends based on a shared experience or mutual time and place. My time in this place was short in the scheme of things, but also the densest formative period of my life. I don’t know if I’m happy I did it, but I definitely don’t regret it. Like I always said, we must love each other. We are all we have.

I am happy to have you.

Quote from: Transistor
Transistor wakes up

"Oh hey Slayven mentioned me I wonder what it is"

:(

Guys, real talk, do all this in private because is not going to get better and most of RE is not going to buy it outside of your circle (never mind the rest of the Internet).

Just wash your hands and move on, because this could get ugly depending of what you decide later on.

(Because people are not going to forget stuff like most of Nephente spewed like “strong black woman taking underserved hate”)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3186 on: October 14, 2021, 07:04:02 AM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #3187 on: October 14, 2021, 07:06:05 AM »

evilore am cry

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3188 on: October 14, 2021, 07:06:42 AM »
I have no problem that the owner get paid. Hopefully the mods also have no problem doing volunteer works for a for-profit corporation now.

It always was a for-profit corporation you dunce.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3189 on: October 14, 2021, 07:13:46 AM »
Wait till era learns that all the evil corporations (they are evil) actually pay their moderation staff :^)

And BTW, if the staff knew about this deal and didn't tell anyone, they care more about their "friend ship" with Baron Cerium moreso than where your data is going. :)
Lol.

User Banned (Permanent): Hostility towards volunteer staff over multiple posts, account in junior phase
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #3190 on: October 14, 2021, 07:15:07 AM »
Mods and staff knew about the healthy revenue and yet advertised the Clear era scam?

🤔 

Quote from: Aiii
Mods are volunteers and not involved in any of the business end. Not operationally and -at least during my time- not financially.

If Resetera was never a charity to begin with, why the fuck you volunteer in something that was conceived as “for profit”? specially given the staff claim that it was a borderline job for a fragmented and thankless community.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3191 on: October 14, 2021, 07:17:22 AM »
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility towards volunteer staff over multiple posts, account in junior phase

Asshole, get some self respect and quit. Is not even a cult anymore when the Messiah just runs away with all the money.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #3192 on: October 14, 2021, 07:19:23 AM »
Haven't posted in ages, but saw the news and had to jump in.
Just in case thebore.com is up for sale, and each posting member gets a sweet cut that is!

« Reply #3193 on: October 14, 2021, 07:20:13 AM »
The bannings have begun
 :rejoice
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 07:25:27 AM by ldcommando (notthegafone) »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3194 on: October 14, 2021, 07:23:31 AM »
I think what we need is for nintex to break it all down for us :lawd
(ice)

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #3195 on: October 14, 2021, 07:24:08 AM »

SUREJAN.GIF

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3196 on: October 14, 2021, 07:25:56 AM »
Have there been any updates on mods getting a payout? If they aren't, I will probably request a permaban.

Do it on your real account, pussy!
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #3197 on: October 14, 2021, 07:27:17 AM »
Do the mods knew how much the forum was going to get sold for? did they knew the forum was making a profit and not scraping by?

While it sounds they knew that the forum was going to get sold, I felt they didn’t know by how much.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3198 on: October 14, 2021, 07:29:55 AM »
Have there been any updates on mods getting a payout? If they aren't, I will probably request a permaban.

(Image removed from quote.)

Do it on your real account, pussy!

Maybe is an actual mod and she doesn’t know if they are getting money.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3199 on: October 14, 2021, 07:33:12 AM »

Lol, someone is still butthurt about the Ninteenagers having a tantrum and moving out of home!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:12:22 AM by Potato »
Spud

remy

« Reply #3200 on: October 14, 2021, 07:35:18 AM »
Quote from: Transistor, post: 75205206, member: 1099

Don't worry. No one will be censoring my utter hatred of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

We've been given the clear to just do what we do, so that gives me good faith

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-24#post-75205206

Yeah the real winner here is you getting to complain about fat anime tits in a 4 year old game, not the guy that sold you and your sycophant buddies out for 4.5 mill.

fucking moron  :lol

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3201 on: October 14, 2021, 07:41:27 AM »
Someone needs to get #payyourfuckingmods going.
Spud

BisMarckie

« Reply #3202 on: October 14, 2021, 07:42:55 AM »
As the legal council for shosty aka shosta aka kris aka shostakovich aka glen, I am glad to announce that my client thoroughly enjoyed providing free labor for a for profit organization. We are looking for new unpaid work opportunities at this very moment for my client.

:girlaff

Boredfrom

« Reply #3203 on: October 14, 2021, 07:42:56 AM »
Quote from: Transistor

Do they know about the DQ Composer death thread? Because I cannot see that shit flying unless they are that incompetent of a company.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3204 on: October 14, 2021, 07:46:41 AM »
Quote from: Transistor, post: 75205206, member: 1099

Don't worry. No one will be censoring my utter hatred of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-24#post-75205206

Yeah the real winner here is you getting to complain about fat anime tits in a 4 year old game, not the guy that sold you and your sycophant buddies out for 4.5 mill.

fucking moron  :lol

Quote from: PlanetSmasher
Someone has to carry on my legacy. 

Dude, you got in many public meltdowns and you are going to act like “no biggie, let’s joke about all this”. You outright have said people see you as a pariah in gaming side.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3205 on: October 14, 2021, 07:48:51 AM »
  I don’t love this course of action but the mods that we’ve heard from seem comfortable, it doesn’t sound like there will be much in the way of immediate changes and above all else, I care about this community and don’t want to lose it or the people that make it up. I won’t be leaving again ala the GAF exodus unless things really go to hell or the community as a whole migrates elsewhere.

Yeah, they just told themselves they love each other and that they will be homeless if they were not friends with other mods.

Totally comfortable.

Rman

« Reply #3206 on: October 14, 2021, 07:50:02 AM »
i am not shocked at all the era userbase thinks websites run on the power of friendship lol.

there are hosting fees that are rather substantial for a website of that traffic. plus, did they not see the ads?

why are they shocked someone was making the money? all websites have an owner.

and people actually bought into the "for the community" aspect of era. 

the userbase was basically stolen, format stolen, even mod structure stolen.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3207 on: October 14, 2021, 07:52:17 AM »

Post it on your real account pussy.
Spud

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #3208 on: October 14, 2021, 07:58:01 AM »
if shonda worms his way back into a mod position :rejoice
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #3209 on: October 14, 2021, 07:59:35 AM »
i am not shocked at all the era userbase thinks websites run on the power of friendship lol.

there are hosting fees that are rather substantial for a website of that traffic. plus, did they not see the ads?

why are they shocked someone was making the money? all websites have an owner.

and people actually bought into the "for the community" aspect of era. 

the userbase was basically stolen, format stolen, even mod structure stolen.

imagine if :lore tried suing for a slice of ceriums :money :hyper

would he have a case :thinking
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3210 on: October 14, 2021, 08:02:19 AM »
For the first part, this is a nice way of saying "I let B-Dubs and the mod team do all the work for me", while the latter part is immense hypocritcal. You know, it is ok in principle to do business, but Resetera was always displaying itself as a left-wing community effort, not as a business opportunity. It was even argued Era Clear was required to be able to pay for the website's expenses, which always was suspicious (because how bad would you need to be at managing such a site to not be able to at least get it to turn +-0 with the commercials it was running, while not paying its staff a dime?). It appears, you actually made 10 times the median individual US income yearly, and pretty much exactly the top 1% US yearly household income. It is ok to earn money from a forum, what's not OK is to be dishonest about it. And in that context, this argument above is ludicrous. It wasn't a huge burden, you earned a manager's income off the back of volunteer work and under the guise of a far left leaning forum culture.

If, indeed, the pressure, after having B-Dubs do all your day-to-day-work for you, presumably unpaid, was still too high, there would have been numerous ventures available to reduce the pressure on you, e.g. you could have offered the moderation team to take over shared ownership and pay a reasonable sum over the years by giving you, e.g. 20% of the generated profits over the next five years. You did, however, take the most profitable way out for you. Which, again, you can do, but be fucking honest about what you are doing and why. You just wanted as much cash as possible, without doing anything to protect the few people who worked in a paid capacity for you or at least giving the volunteers who did most of the work for you free of charge a share of your enormous profit off selling the website.

Quite a few full-on- for-profit companies do way more than you did to protect their workers when selling off. In other words, from my perspective, you were and are signalling left wing, but are acting ultra capitalist
Virtue signalling...on Reeeeesetera?
 :hmm :titus
Spud

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3211 on: October 14, 2021, 08:05:45 AM »
Cerium making off with 4.5 million, oh my god  :lol :lol
Everyone is thinking about the mods, but what about those other founder goofs he bought out?  :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #3212 on: October 14, 2021, 08:08:04 AM »
You mean the mods are bunch of maladjusted posers that probably don’t really have real political opinions outside of whatever twitter is bitching about? That Cerium planned to sell the forum for profit since day 1 and that couldn’t even bother to pretend he was part of the community? that they operated almost like a fucking cult?

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #3213 on: October 14, 2021, 08:11:43 AM »
God is real and he is a practical joker.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3214 on: October 14, 2021, 08:12:12 AM »
Benji always misses the good shit

where is Benji!!!!!!
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #3215 on: October 14, 2021, 08:13:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-25#post-75206274

Quote from: gnexus
Big CJayC energy

Between this, seeing sprsk post, and randomly remembering Jonnyram's signature, I've had a Gamefaqs as fuck morning. It's 1998 again!

Rman

« Reply #3216 on: October 14, 2021, 08:15:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-25#post-75206274

Quote from: gnexus
Big CJayC energy

Between this, seeing sprsk post, and randomly remembering Jonnyram's signature, I've had a Gamefaqs as fuck morning. It's 1998 again!

jonnyram. that takes me back.

do you remember dcharlie?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3217 on: October 14, 2021, 08:20:12 AM »
So it was never about getting away from a sexual harassing owner of another site…

it was about exploiting people’s anger about it.
It really took you 4 years to work this out you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged sardine?
Spud

« Reply #3218 on: October 14, 2021, 08:22:09 AM »
Mods are actually proud they are not getting paid. No wonder the dude is running away with 4.5 mili.

SmokyDave

« Reply #3219 on: October 14, 2021, 08:23:21 AM »
jonnyram. that takes me back.

do you remember dcharlie?
Heh, yup. I also remember Savot (Savoot?), and some dude that called everyone their 'gaming pal'.

Ah man, I might have to go and search for some of my 20 year old posts. Can't imagine what shit I was spouting back then.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3220 on: October 14, 2021, 08:23:44 AM »
Mods are actually proud they are not getting paid. No wonder the dude is running away with 4.5 mili.
Surely they have to be getting some cash on the sly with all that Cerium dick sucking they're doing right now?

Surely?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:32:49 AM by Potato »
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #3221 on: October 14, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
So it was never about getting away from a sexual harassing owner of another site…

it was about exploiting people’s anger about it.
It really took you 4 years to work this out you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged sardine?

Next he is going to tell us that the mods of oldGaf where cunts that brainwashed most users in believing that Gaf was the best leftist community.

« Reply #3222 on: October 14, 2021, 08:25:43 AM »
Not even a fruit basket. Besada redeemed.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #3223 on: October 14, 2021, 08:26:13 AM »
If the Bore teamed up with Morrigan's extremist hate site maybe could raise enough for some mars bars and a copy of FIFA 16

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3224 on: October 14, 2021, 08:28:38 AM »
the best(?) part about this is the guy getting 4.5 million is a homophobe who tried to get a gay librarian fired for whispering in students' ears that they were being too loud, and also inappropriate touching, until the court ruled he was acting the same way as any other librarian

https://archive.li/dl0N8

and you still can't talk about this on era, even as they will talk about similar transgressions for literally any other person in the world, famous or not
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3225 on: October 14, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »

Another brave Resetera user posting their true thoughts from their alt account.

Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #3226 on: October 14, 2021, 08:33:47 AM »
the best(?) part about this is the guy getting 4.5 million is a homophobe who tried to get a gay librarian fired for whispering in students' ears that they were being too loud, and also inappropriate touching, until the court ruled he was acting the same way as any other librarian

https://archive.li/dl0N8

and you still can't talk about this on era, even as they will talk about similar transgressions for literally any other person in the world, famous or not

The librarian was also planing to kidnap, rape, murder and eat a woman.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/former-high-school-librarian-sentenced-15-years-prison-kidnapping-conspiracy

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3227 on: October 14, 2021, 08:35:38 AM »
nevermind he deserves the money
Uncle

« Reply #3228 on: October 14, 2021, 08:39:06 AM »
Nepenthe said:
You should respect this forum's staff regardless of income.

Why? Most of us don’t know you from a bar of soap.

Oof
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:46:04 AM by ldcommando (notthegafone) »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3229 on: October 14, 2021, 08:42:28 AM »
Haven't posted in ages, but saw the news and had to jump in.
Just in case thebore.com is up for sale, and each posting member gets a sweet cut that is!

The way I heard it, negotiations with Yum! Brands fell through when they said "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?"

Live Mas

Boredfrom

« Reply #3230 on: October 14, 2021, 08:42:35 AM »
NepNep just woke up:

I dunno I’d probably respect the paid employees version of mods because they’d have a vested interest in doing the job tbh I’d expect more of them too which probably would be a good thing

Quote from: NepNep
You should respect this forum's staff regardless of income.

Respect is earned, my dear.

Red Mercury just saw his chances of becoming a mod evaporate:

Quote from: RedMercury
I dunno what to say man. I didn't think this would ever even be on the table, I thought this was a collaborative community effort and not a business venture but I also understand things change I guess, I just want the staff to know they are appreciated 

remy

« Reply #3231 on: October 14, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
It's surprising how many of the current and ex reset mods are apparently pro slavery  :doge

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #3232 on: October 14, 2021, 08:46:44 AM »
lol what a sucker, as soon as cerium peaced out of running the site but still kept ownership, it should have been clear to anyone with a semi functional brain that he was always in it for the money and was probably hoping to flip the site as soon as a good offer came in :rollsafe
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3233 on: October 14, 2021, 08:52:18 AM »
It's surprising how many of the current and ex reset mods are apparently pro slavery  :doge
Is it though?

Spud

samir

« Reply #3234 on: October 14, 2021, 08:52:20 AM »
demi would never sell THEBORE.COM for 4.5 millies :hmph

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #3235 on: October 14, 2021, 08:52:58 AM »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #3236 on: October 14, 2021, 08:53:41 AM »
obligatory why does all the juicy stuff only happen when benji is offline :stahp
(ice)

remy

« Reply #3237 on: October 14, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »
TokenAussie doesn't realise, like planetsmasher does, that you can't trust anyone who works for money. The only people you can trust are slaves working for the love of the community.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3238 on: October 14, 2021, 08:55:23 AM »

I think they feel equally surprised that the forum are not that sympathetic for them doing all this for free while Cerium gets the money.

Deepwater is right in saying that nobody fucking cares about them with all the “paid the mods“ stuff.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #3239 on: October 14, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-27#post-75208197

I don't have the patience to read through the entire thing. Quote if from Finale Fireworker:
I can't speak for any other staff, past or present, about whether or not they feel they should be paid for their work here. But I guess I can talk about how I felt about it and what I wanted during my tenure here. When I was active staff I was a major contributor and proud of the work I did for the website. It had a big impact on me. I am a different person now on the other side of it than I was when I started. I did not know what I was getting in to at the time, but I knew the position would be volunteer and accepted it on those terms.

The time I put in here was out of an earnest, personal desire to see the website flourish. It was to give the people here a place to post, especially the people who felt like they had nowhere else to go. It was to prove that a website like ours could exist, and should exist, and it could only exist if members of the community helped shape the website in to what they wanted it to be. My earliest posts on this forum, before I was ever staff, was beseeching that people be kind to one another and care about each other. A community that does not love each other cannot flourish. When I was asked to become staff a few months later, I accepted that responsibility because I believed strongly that this was the best way I could help this community prosper.

The volunteer nature of the position meant that it was flexible. There was no requirement for how much or how little I did. There were no required hours I needed to work. It was not a job. It was work, yes, but it was work to build something I felt like I was part of. The website was my vision too. The community was my own. I never felt like I was being taken advantage of. I can just say bluntly: I did not care literally at all about being compensated for my work here.

But there were times that I was. There were times where being a member of the staff made a big difference to me. There were times where my peers came through for me. There were times where other members of the staff were generous to me out of kindness. When family members were ill, they helped support me. When I got married, they helped support me. I do not believe the people who helped me would be comfortable if I named them, so I will not. I can also only speak for myself. I know that I felt taken care of by my team. Some of the best friends I have now, people I cannot imagine my life without, are friends I made when I was member of the staff. That is why it was so important to me.

I have no idea what current members of the staff want. I do not speak for any of them. But I can absolutely guarantee you that if they are unhappy with the arrangement they will just politely retire from the position. Nobody is going to be forced to stay if they don't want to. It's a volunteer position. Moderators are the people who suffer the most for this website, so if they do feel negatively about this change or feel like they are not being fairly compensated for their contributions, they are not going to stick around. They can leave whenever they want with no hard feelings.

What does create hard feelings, and is definitively the hardest and most unrewarding part of the work, is the absolute subzero trust and good faith you receive from the community you serve. The constant spinning of narratives to portray you as sinister and manipulative, as dishonest and vindictive, is brain-damaging. To be constantly subjected to thousands of people assuming the absolute worst of you no matter the situation, and no answer and no action ever being good enough for people, makes everything you do feel helpless, hopeless, and depressing. But you keep doing it because even if the work is thankless it is necessary for the community to exist. You do it because even if people think you're a useless moron who can't do anything right, or an evil actor with no regard for humanity, and even if people will hold every breath you take against you, the website needs people who care about it enough to take care of it even when it reduces them to ashes.

Over and over again I have seen sub-communities offer up their favorite members to the moderation team only to turn on them, call them traitors and failures, and grind them to dust. The division between staff and members should not be as wide as it is. All of the staff members were community members first - people who posted here and connected here and formed relationships here. They are members too. But this website, for all its claims to the contrary, absolutely despises the moderation team in every form it has ever taken. They want mods to hurt. They want mods to fail. They want them to quit or be forced out. People relish in the opportunity to drag or slander the mod team, to paint them as negatively as possible. It is a sport. The opportunity to do so is irresistible.

I do not know why the website is like this. Maybe it is a fundamental distrust of authority a community with values like ours has baked into it. Or maybe a website with our values is ungovernable. Members have always had conflicting visions for what this website should be, should feel like, and how it should be moderated. People are very comfortable in their insular community Discords where everybody likes the same things or shares the same interests or experiences and then think the atmosphere outside their discord is inhospitable. So they blame the staff for not making the website like their Discord and when that can't be accommodated they splinter off into some other website or server.

So with how brutally members on this website treat the moderation team, all of this "what about the mods?" energy rings extremely insincere to me. I know some people have their hearts in the right place, because I know some of you more personally, but the good-natured looking out becomes indistinguishable from the people who are just using this event as another opportunity to do what they've always done - to single out an enemy and make them suffer for it. To demand someone pay for the transgression. So on comes the accusations, on comes the spectacle, on comes the narratives about who is at fault this time and whose turn it is to pay for it.

If you care about the staff, even just in principle, pay attention to what they've always asked for: to be treated better by the community. Right now, the mod team isn't having to deal with the site being sold, they are having to deal with the reactions in this thread. They are having to read all the posts calling them complicit in a grand failure, they are having to read all the posts about how the website is over, all the "delete my accounts", all the "what about TRANSPARENCY", all the insistence that everything they have worked for is pointless, all the perception that nothing they do has ever mattered to anyone, all the grandstanding about how shady and dishonest and manipulative the forum is and that it must not actually stand for anything because the forum has a new owner. I don't know if people understand how incredibly damaging this torrent of rhetoric is for your mental health.

So if you genuinely care about staff, and you're not just in it for the fun of drama, do what is actually in your power to do: treat them like your fellow members invested in the welfare of the forum, not like enemies or failures. Maybe saying you think they should have been paid is your way of expressing that, but I mean it when I say that is never what I wanted. I was always very clear with what I hoped to get from this role. I never got it. I retired in exhaustion and humiliation because I could not overcome the mental and physical toll this community took on me. I've been to the emergency room. I've been medicated. I've been counseled. I've had to completely reinvent my relationship with the internet. I am fucked up and damaged goods from how members here, past and present, conduct themselves at the first sign of gossip or scandal. No amount of money would have made a difference with that. Not even a little bit.

If this transaction does change the priorities of the forum with respect to its values or ideals, you will never catch me defending it. I will leave too. I know the ideas this community is supposed to be built upon. I helped write them. You can bet I'm not sticking around if that changes. But right now - nothing has changed. I still have faith in the staff. I still believe the people there are doing this work out of belief it is important work to do. And I believe they would not be here anymore if this was not the case. They can decide if it's worth it to keep doing the work here - and I know money will have nothing to do with it.

This topic is upsetting to me in a way I would prefer not to engage with further, so I will not reply again. You can accuse me of cowardice if you prefer but I just don't have the guts for this kind of discourse anymore. I wish the best for everyone. For Cerium, for Dubs, for the staff, for all this forum's members. I have always wished for the best. That will never change. From the beginning I have always believed that if we can find a way to love each other, we will succeed. The terms have always been the same: we must either learn to love each other or we will die trying.