Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827260 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #45240 on: March 23, 2023, 01:30:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-the-height-of-the-attack-on-trans-folk-cenk-and-ana-of-the-young-turks-decide-to-dabble-in-some-old-news-transphobia.700291/page-2#post-103078165

Quote from: Three Seagrass
And don't think I haven't noticed that, when it comes to "inclusive" language like this, it's only women who are having their place in their conversation subsumed by other people.

Quote from: Kyuuji
Not really. As a trans woman who's recently gone through fertility preservation I can assure you that that side of things also has inclusive language. Perhaps consider it's more the case that you're not aware of all the areas that it comes up in.

What is "fertility preservation" to a trans woman?  Someone fill me in?
Froze her sperm.

jorma

« Reply #45241 on: March 23, 2023, 01:31:57 PM »
Quote from: BabyDontHurtMe, post: 103078489, member: 50713

Women aren't defined by genitalia though, hence why the language is used.

Brilliant! Women aren't defined by genitalia, which is why we now call them "uterus havers" instead of "women"! Shit makes total sense when you think about it!  :lol

Greatness Gone

« Reply #45242 on: March 23, 2023, 01:33:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-the-height-of-the-attack-on-trans-folk-cenk-and-ana-of-the-young-turks-decide-to-dabble-in-some-old-news-transphobia.700291/page-2#post-103078165
User Banned (Duration Pending): Transphobia

Honestly? I understand where she's coming from. Transgender people don't need to be centered in every single conversation. For example, if we're talking about abortion, it's okay -- and, I'd argue, the right thing to do -- to say "women" and "women's rights." And "women need access to abortion." And then, when appropriate or called for, expand that conversation to include trans men and non-binary people. Because it's ten-year-old girls that are being raped in this country and being forced to give birth. Ten-year-old girls.

And don't think I haven't noticed that, when it comes to "inclusive" language like this, it's only women who are having their place in their conversation subsumed by other people.

Predictable :lol
Cruelty Misogyny is the point

Propagandhim

« Reply #45243 on: March 23, 2023, 01:34:01 PM »

Not really. As a trans woman who's recently gone through fertility preservation I can assure you that that side of things also has inclusive language. Perhaps consider it's more the case that you're not aware of all the areas that it comes up in.

Froze her sperm.

Ok.  Just wanted to make sure jacking your big 'ol dick to later put your cum inside of a woman's puss was still considered gender-affirming for women

Propagandhim

« Reply #45244 on: March 23, 2023, 01:40:30 PM »
Ok, maybe that's uncalled for.   :hmph

But, I don't know.  When I hear these stories of transmen carrying a baby in their uterus for 9 months, and then complain how someone getting their pronouns wrong is an affront to what's gender-affirming...it's just...what?

Averon

« Reply #45245 on: March 23, 2023, 01:43:13 PM »
I mean, they're at the point that they are telling women to shut the fuck up about their own healthcare and person-hood. The same thing right-wingers, actual misogynists, and incels do. And they are completely blind to that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #45246 on: March 23, 2023, 01:57:35 PM »
they keep saying that phrases like womb-havers are only ever being used in a medical context, but since when has expressing a concern about what MIGHT happen, realistic or not, been forbidden? since when do we downplay anyone's concerns, especially when it comes to a traditionally downtrodden group? don't we believe women?

"next the republicans are going to round us all up into prison camps" is (charitably) just as hyperbolic as "next we're going to be forced to celebrate Womb-Havers Day and campaign for womb-havers rights and watch womb-havers sports"

also since when have medical terms NEVER slipped out into common vernacular, if for no other reason than people being provocateurs? is it really such an unrealistic concern? how hard is it to acknowledge it: ok, you are women and will always be women and we are on your side here?
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #45248 on: March 23, 2023, 02:07:58 PM »
Quote from: Three Seagrass, post: 103080439, member: 106924
I'm not sure how closely you followed the abortion debate in the US, but there was some very heavy pushback about how news organizations and reporters talked about this issue. A lot of people wanted journalists to stop saying "pregnant women" in place of "people with uteruses," and it drove me -- and many others -- up a wall. It's okay to just say "pregnant women" when talking about abortion.

Quote from: OrangeNova, post: 103080523, member: 27128
The "People with Uteruses" pushback was a rightwing grift, the inclusive language that most people use is "Pregnant people"

Quote from: Three Seagrass, post: 103080583, member: 106924
Same difference.

Quote from: Jessi77, post: 103083205, member: 25606
I know you're banned and I'm breaking my self imposed ban, but Fuck you. No nuance, you can get fucked.

Now I don’t use the word hero lightly, but… :salute
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #45249 on: March 23, 2023, 02:09:08 PM »

Honestly? I understand where she's coming from. Transgender people don't need to be centered in every single conversation. For example, if we're talking about abortion, it's okay -- and, I'd argue, the right thing to do -- to say "women" and "women's rights." And "women need access to abortion." And then, when appropriate or called for, expand that conversation to include trans men and non-binary people. Because it's ten-year-old girls that are being raped in this country and being forced to give birth. Ten-year-old girls.

Why a duration pending on transphobics? :lol Just perm tranphobes ffs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #45250 on: March 23, 2023, 02:11:48 PM »
person with octopus -> people with octopi

person with uterus -> people with uteri

:hmph
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #45251 on: March 23, 2023, 02:21:58 PM »
These uterus people are disgusting. Have you seen them shaving their legs? Horrifying. I’m glad Kyuuji and the non uterus mob are slowly stripping all their humanity away.

Yulwei

« Reply #45252 on: March 23, 2023, 02:27:59 PM »
they keep saying that phrases like womb-havers are only ever being used in a medical context, but since when has expressing a concern about what MIGHT happen, realistic or not, been forbidden? since when do we downplay anyone's concerns, especially when it comes to a traditionally downtrodden group? don't we believe women?

"next the republicans are going to round us all up into prison camps" is (charitably) just as hyperbolic as "next we're going to be forced to celebrate Womb-Havers Day and campaign for womb-havers rights and watch womb-havers sports"

also since when have medical terms NEVER slipped out into common vernacular, if for no other reason than people being provocateurs? is it really such an unrealistic concern? how hard is it to acknowledge it: ok, you are women and will always be women and we are on your side here?

Gaslighting women is ok if you're trans, chud.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #45254 on: March 23, 2023, 02:39:59 PM »
I mean, they're at the point that they are telling women to shut the fuck up about their own healthcare and person-hood. The same thing right-wingers, actual misogynists, and incels do. And they are completely blind to that.

something something used to privilege something something feels like oppression

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #45255 on: March 23, 2023, 02:42:18 PM »
Like you don't see a lot of people pushing for "People With Prostates" to be more inclusive of trans men

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #45256 on: March 23, 2023, 02:44:34 PM »

baggies full of cum in the closet fridge

PogiJones

« Reply #45257 on: March 23, 2023, 02:45:35 PM »
Trans members constantly whine about how they're being silenced and ignored, meanwhile a woman is being banned for daring to say that abortion is a women's right issue. Can they really not see what they're doing here?

Making an enemy out of the group they want to be included in sure is some strategy.

benjipwns

« Reply #45258 on: March 23, 2023, 02:46:52 PM »

https://twitter.com/aclu/status/1439259891064004610
 :nsfw TRANSPHOBIC HATE SPEECH :nsfw
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #45259 on: March 23, 2023, 02:51:39 PM »
The “clearly she has no idea what the Nazi swastika and QAnon are and wore them BOTH back to back by sheer coincidence” takes have some big “JK Rowling is old and totally liking all of these TERF posts to bookmark them for ??? reasons and NOT because she’s a TERF” energy.

I'd be prepared to bet this poster would happily wear a Japanese rising sun emblem or red star and not give two fucks how that comes across to korea / china or eastern europe respectively, and they're posting on a forum where people are fine with hammer & sickle iconography.

« Reply #45260 on: March 23, 2023, 02:51:56 PM »
Like you don't see a lot of people pushing for "People With Prostates" to be more inclusive of trans men

I feel like we rarely hear shit out of trans men in general--although this could just be the Era effect. "Pregnant people" being a preferred term for trans men makes sense, but I can't imagine they're any more excited to be referred to as "people who menstruate" than cis women and they weirdly never seem to be given space to speak for themselves.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45261 on: March 23, 2023, 02:56:41 PM »
Btw,

The whole "people with uterus" is bastardization(hah!)  of the AP guidelines from last year about pregnant people:

https://www.apstylebook.com/topical_most_recent

pregnant women, pregnant people (already published, but this is a revision)
Pregnant women or pregnant girls, or women seeking abortions/girls seeking abortions, is acceptable phrasing. Phrasing like pregnant people or people seeking abortions is also acceptable to include minors or people who have those experiences but do not identify as women, such as some transgender men and some nonbinary people. Use judgment and decide what is most appropriate in a given story. Do not use overly clinical language like people with uteruses or birthing people.

So once again, to the era folxs lurking, stop being assholes against people on your side.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #45262 on: March 23, 2023, 03:02:18 PM »
Free the uterus

Colonel Mustard

« Reply #45263 on: March 23, 2023, 03:11:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-the-height-of-the-attack-on-trans-folk-cenk-and-ana-of-the-young-turks-decide-to-dabble-in-some-old-news-transphobia.700291/post-103078426

You realize that a trans man can still be pregnant and need access to abortion, right? It's fine to be specific about who some of the people are who need this access, but it doesn't make sense to purposefully exclude a group either.

How many people do you think this applies to? An issue that affects one group in particular (women) 99.998% of the time and another group a statistically insignificant amount of the time is considered a woman’s issue. You don’t mention the other people because the crossover is such a small group of people.

To most people, they absolutely are. Tough shit.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #45264 on: March 23, 2023, 03:19:11 PM »
just when you think they couldn't get anymore fucking distinguished mentally-challenged today.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-athletics-bans-transgender-women-who-went-through-male-puberty-from-competing-in-female-world-ranking-events.700516/
Quote from: WildflowerWildfire, post: 103087504, member: 35136
If they were really guided by the science, they wouldn’t be doing it. Disgusting anti trans people.

muscles mass, internal organ size, skeletal structure and the overall longterm effects of testosterone do not exist! :science

benjipwns

« Reply #45265 on: March 23, 2023, 03:29:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-the-height-of-the-attack-on-trans-folk-cenk-and-ana-of-the-young-turks-decide-to-dabble-in-some-old-news-transphobia.700291/post-103078426

You realize that a trans man can still be pregnant and need access to abortion, right? It's fine to be specific about who some of the people are who need this access, but it doesn't make sense to purposefully exclude a group either.
Then why are we excluding people who are not currently pregnant? Shouldn't we say "potentially pregnant people with uteruses" so as to not define them by their genitalia and not exclude anyone? We need to be inclusive and progressive by outlining that these types of humans are potentially pregnant people with uteruses and how that's what matters.

benjipwns

« Reply #45266 on: March 23, 2023, 03:30:22 PM »

Then why are we excluding people who are not currently pregnant? Shouldn't we say "potentially pregnant people with uteruses" so as to not define them by their genitalia and not exclude anyone? We need to be inclusive and progressive by outlining that these types of humans are potentially pregnant people with uteruses and how that's what matters.
WHY ARE YOU PURPOSEFULLY EXCLUDING THOSE WHO CAN'T POTENTIALLY BECOME PREGNANT BUT HAVE UTERUSES :social

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #45267 on: March 23, 2023, 03:30:59 PM »
just when you think they couldn't get anymore fucking distinguished mentally-challenged today.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-athletics-bans-transgender-women-who-went-through-male-puberty-from-competing-in-female-world-ranking-events.700516/
If they were really guided by the science, they wouldn’t be doing it. Disgusting anti trans people.

muscles mass, internal organ size, skeletal structure and the overall longterm effects of testosterone do not exist! :science

I swear, they are getting what they want. Permanent marginalization, so they can play perpetual victims of oppression, compared against any other minority. They don’t want to be happy, they want to feel superior in their pain so they can dictate anything from their feelings. The science is transphobic unless it agrees with them. The politics are transphobic unless it agrees with them. The media is transphobic unless it agrees with them. YOU are transphobic unless you agree with them.

Questioning their rationale on anything? Demand evidence for their beliefs? Fuck you, TERF!

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t deeply hurting the image of the majority of transgenders, not terminally online, just trying to be happy and become a part of society. That’s what pisses me off the most. Those men and women have to suffer their image and reputation for these assholes and twitterstazi trying to brand billions of women with their own made up terms that demean them.

But hey, Latinx?

benjipwns

« Reply #45268 on: March 23, 2023, 03:31:08 PM »

WHY ARE YOU PURPOSEFULLY EXCLUDING THOSE WHO CAN'T POTENTIALLY BECOME PREGNANT BUT HAVE UTERUSES :social
WHY ARE YOU PURPOSEFULLY EXCLUDING THOSE WITHOUT UTERUSES :social2

Greatness Gone

« Reply #45269 on: March 23, 2023, 03:33:28 PM »
the situtaton on Ree is so bad that it's got benji schizoposting  :notlikethis

benjipwns

« Reply #45270 on: March 23, 2023, 03:34:47 PM »
I swear, they are getting what they want. Permanent marginalization, so they can play perpetual victims of oppression, compared against any other minority. They don’t want to be happy, they want to feel superior in their pain so they can dictate anything from their feelings. The science is transphobic unless it agrees with them. The politics are transphobic unless it agrees with them. The media is transphobic unless it agrees with them. YOU are transphobic unless you agree with them.

Questioning their rationale on anything? Demand evidence for their beliefs? Fuck you, TERF!

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t deeply hurting the image of the majority of transgenders, not terminally online, just trying to be happy and become a part of society. That’s what pisses me off the most. Those men and women have to suffer their image and reputation for these assholes and twitterstazi trying to brand billions of women with their own made up terms that demean them.

But hey, Latinx?
Let's not overlook what they are doing to mental health issues in general, this is a cult that pushes that idea that proper mental health resources and methods are deliberately genocidal and the only way to help people with mental illness is to give them whatever they claim to want all the time immediately forever.

benjipwns

« Reply #45271 on: March 23, 2023, 03:35:27 PM »
the situtaton on Ree is so bad that it's got benji schizoposting  :notlikethis
It's called accountability culture. :ufup

Superstar

« Reply #45272 on: March 23, 2023, 03:35:42 PM »

They used to auto-post some study on trans athletes threads. The study said the opposite of what they were claiming too so I'm not even sure why they did that. But they're ability to speak so definitively incorrectly on a subject remains unmatched.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #45273 on: March 23, 2023, 03:40:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-athletics-bans-transgender-women-who-went-through-male-puberty-from-competing-in-female-world-ranking-events.700516/#post-103088467
Quote from: Sketchsanchez, post: 103088467, member: 4061
Can someone post the science? I think it would be helpful in this thread and I'd also like to learn.
Asking for someone to post evidence? Nice try, transphobe. Stop JAQing off.  :social2

https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-athletics-bans-transgender-women-who-went-through-male-puberty-from-competing-in-female-world-ranking-events.700516/#post-103088740
Quote from: Sulik2, post: 103088740, member: 17807
I know the science is pretty clear that a lot of the advantages of testosterone completely disappear over time on HRT
:crowdlaff

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45274 on: March 23, 2023, 03:43:27 PM »
The W's just keep piling up  :cruise
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #45275 on: March 23, 2023, 03:44:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-athletics-bans-transgender-women-who-went-through-male-puberty-from-competing-in-female-world-ranking-events.700516/#post-103088740
Quote from: Sulik2, post: 103088740, member: 17807
I know the science is pretty clear that a lot of the advantages of testosterone completely disappear over time on HRT
Please, I beg you to think for two seconds and ask how this could be remotely possible. Hormones are not magic or alchemy, this is literally the same logic as the old pseudoscientific practice of draining bad blood or "bile" or fluids. :stahp

Averon

« Reply #45276 on: March 23, 2023, 03:50:21 PM »
Quote from: ClickyCal'
To trans people, it doesn't matter at this point. If you're a TERF/transphobe....that's what you are. We are inching close to a full blown genocide, political differentiating isn't a priority.

I thought Hogwart's Legacy selling millions kicked off the global trans genocide? Now we're just "inching closer"? ???
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 08:51:45 PM by Averon »

BIONIC

« Reply #45277 on: March 23, 2023, 03:51:08 PM »
Feeling very unsafe in this thread today.
Margs

Greatness Gone

« Reply #45278 on: March 23, 2023, 03:54:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-athletics-bans-transgender-women-who-went-through-male-puberty-from-competing-in-female-world-ranking-events.700516/#post-103089208
Quote from: AlgusUnderdunk, post: 103089208, member: 89263
So they've made the firmly misogynistic statement that men are better than women and always will be. Like it's a god damn cheat code. What's that? You were assigned male but transitioned 20 years ago? SECRET MAN POWER, FORBIDDEN, YOU KNOW YOU'RE SECRETLY BETTER THAN ALL WOMAN EVERYWHERE BECAUSE OF THAT.
:woody

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #45279 on: March 23, 2023, 03:55:03 PM »
What’s the old saying. If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Is hammer a euphemism for penis here? Because it sounds like hammer is a euphemism for penis here.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #45280 on: March 23, 2023, 03:57:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-athletics-bans-transgender-women-who-went-through-male-puberty-from-competing-in-female-world-ranking-events.700516/#post-103089208
Quote from: AlgusUnderdunk, post: 103089208, member: 89263
So they've made the firmly misogynistic statement that men are better than women and always will be. Like it's a god damn cheat code. What's that? You were assigned male but transitioned 20 years ago? SECRET MAN POWER, FORBIDDEN, YOU KNOW YOU'RE SECRETLY BETTER THAN ALL WOMAN EVERYWHERE BECAUSE OF THAT.
For the self-esteem of women we must allow males to compete in women's sports on the male's terms.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #45281 on: March 23, 2023, 03:58:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-the-height-of-the-attack-on-trans-folk-cenk-and-ana-of-the-young-turks-decide-to-dabble-in-some-old-news-transphobia.700291/

If they can't even convince fellow lefties that language like "person with a uterus" isn't an insult/demeaning to women, what hope do they have to convince the wider, more skeptical and conservative public?

Reminder that excel and other people on RE get really offended if you call them "gamer" despite it technically being true. But here she's all "fuck you for not liking how I describe your personhood"
It's fucking glorious when they eat their own.
Spud

Averon

Tuckers Law

« Reply #45283 on: March 23, 2023, 04:01:38 PM »
To trans people, it doesn't matter at this point. If you're a TERF/transphobe....that's what you are. We are inching close to a full blown genocide, political differentiating isn't a priority.

I thought Hogwart's Legacy selling millions kicked of the global trans genocide? Now we're just "inching closer"? ???

That's the big problem with trying to genocide all these transes.  After Hogwarts Legacy wiped them out, new ones sprang up and now we gotta start this genocide all over again.

I suppose it's about the journey and not the destination here.

benjipwns

« Reply #45284 on: March 23, 2023, 04:04:07 PM »
"But I'm not a TERF/transphobe."
"Oh, I think we'll be the ones doing the political differentiating that's a priority here."

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #45285 on: March 23, 2023, 04:13:46 PM »

The cheeseburgers really won the Neogoof/Reeeeesetera oppression Olympics didn't they?

Even the BCT got bitch made.

:klob
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #45286 on: March 23, 2023, 04:23:16 PM »

How many people do you think this applies to? An issue that affects one group in particular (women) 99.998% of the time and another group a statistically insignificant amount of the time is considered a woman’s issue. You don’t mention the other people because the crossover is such a small group of people.

"yeah hi, you wrote an article talking about the number of Playstation owners who have bought at least one of the Ratchet and Clank games, but I take issue with the phrase 'Playstation owners' because it's quite possible for someone to not even own a Playstation and still buy an R&C game just because they like the cover art and hope to own a Playstation one day, could you please amend the article to be more inclusive? actually, I take that back, I'm not asking, I'm telling you. be better."
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #45287 on: March 23, 2023, 04:29:11 PM »
Lord Coe added the decision was "guided by the overarching principle which is to protect the female category".
He noted that there are currently no transgender athletes competing internationally in the sport.

the joke writes itself

Is the joke how mad people ITT are going to get about something that literally doesn't effect anyone?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #45288 on: March 23, 2023, 04:30:00 PM »
yeah I don't get the joke, please allow it to write itself a little longer and maybe it will manifest
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #45289 on: March 23, 2023, 04:31:55 PM »
He probably shouldcountersue for steam cleaning charges to get the smell of bacon out his house.

Wow, good thing you reneged on your self imposed ban to bring high quality content like this to the table

Greatness Gone

« Reply #45290 on: March 23, 2023, 04:37:04 PM »
Sony is more protected on Ree than women are. :-\

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #45291 on: March 23, 2023, 04:38:11 PM »
Alejandra Caraballo (proud twitter lawyer) is now openly advocating for people to break the law and seek bathtub-brewed estrogen cocktails for unprescribed, unmonitored personal use

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1638541193188454401
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #45292 on: March 23, 2023, 04:38:46 PM »

https://theconversation.com/how-world-sport-got-into-a-mess-over-trans-athletes-and-how-it-can-get-out-of-it-202188

One new development has been a sort of quietening on the scientific front. Although you still get the odd piece trying to make the claim that testosterone suppression can remove male advantage, most of the serious people in the debate have given up on this claim. A systematic review of studies showed that, even if hormone therapy reduces levels to those seen in women, strength, lean body mass and muscle area remained higher for at least three years. And we always knew that the skeletal advantages remained.
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #45293 on: March 23, 2023, 04:41:44 PM »
What’s the old saying. If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Is hammer a euphemism for penis here? Because it sounds like hammer is a euphemism for penis here.

Yulwei

« Reply #45294 on: March 23, 2023, 04:42:23 PM »
Quote from: NickatNite
Why were they laughing at the start? I wanna know what was funny.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/soulframe-4min-of-early-alpha-combat-gameplay.700495/#post-103084135

:quark

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45295 on: March 23, 2023, 04:46:50 PM »
Alejandra Caraballo (proud twitter lawyer) is now openly advocating for people to break the law and seek bathtub-brewed estrogen cocktails for unprescribed, unmonitored personal use

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1638541193188454401

self inflicted genocide

BIONIC

« Reply #45296 on: March 23, 2023, 04:49:25 PM »

"yeah hi, you wrote an article talking about the number of Playstation owners who have bought at least one of the Ratchet and Clank games, but I take issue with the phrase 'Playstation owners' because it's quite possible for someone to not even own a Playstation and still buy an R&C game just because they like the cover art and hope to own a Playstation one day, could you please amend the article to be more inclusive? actually, I take that back, I'm not asking, I'm telling you. be better."

This was actually me when I got a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy without owning a Wii. Then it got discontinued and it turned out that I made an excellent decision :dice
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #45297 on: March 23, 2023, 04:49:34 PM »
:whew

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #45298 on: March 23, 2023, 04:58:35 PM »

https://theconversation.com/how-world-sport-got-into-a-mess-over-trans-athletes-and-how-it-can-get-out-of-it-202188

One new development has been a sort of quietening on the scientific front. Although you still get the odd piece trying to make the claim that testosterone suppression can remove male advantage, most of the serious people in the debate have given up on this claim. A systematic review of studies showed that, even if hormone therapy reduces levels to those seen in women, strength, lean body mass and muscle area remained higher for at least three years. And we always knew that the skeletal advantages remained.

The fascinating thing about RE is that they claim to be so firmly on the side of science while never even taking a look at that science.

Like what are the chances that posting this study would get you banned?

Results Twenty-four studies were identified and reviewed. Transwomen experienced significant decreases in all parameters measured, with different time courses noted. After 4 months of hormone therapy, transwomen have Hgb/HCT levels equivalent to those of cisgender women. After 12 months of hormone therapy, significant decreases in measures of strength, LBM and muscle area are observed. The effects of longer duration therapy (36 months) in eliciting further decrements in these measures are unclear due to paucity of data. Notwithstanding, values for strength, LBM and muscle area in transwomen remain above those of cisgender women, even after 36 months of hormone therapy.

Conclusion In transwomen, hormone therapy rapidly reduces Hgb to levels seen in cisgender women. In contrast, hormone therapy decreases strength, LBM and muscle area, yet values remain above that observed in cisgender women, even after 36 months. These findings suggest that strength may be well preserved in transwomen during the first 3 years of hormone therapy.
https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/55/15/865.abstract
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 05:05:35 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Averon

« Reply #45299 on: March 23, 2023, 05:14:38 PM »
Community Thread:
Quote from: B-Dumbs
Your point makes literally no sense in the context of the thread though. Guy has a windfall, asks what to do with the cash, is maybe a bit glib about it. That's literally the thread. He didn't go barging into a thread about how someone was struggling to pay the bills and brag, that'd be a dick move and totally devoid of empathy. YOU are the one who went into a conversation and then declared that nobody there had empathy toward you when the conversation has nothing to do with your situation and is not centered around you at all. Not every thread is for every person and this idea that people should have to watch their language when they are celebrating something good happening to them so it doesn't make other people feel bad is silly. If someone's being a dick about it then sure, but that's not what happened in the thread. The opening post of the thread was short, a bit glib, but totally fine. It was someone celebrating. Not everything needs to be about your issues and what you believe in. There's room for that stuff, yes, just like there's room for everyone else's issues and concerns. But people need to understand that they cannot be centered in every single conversation because if that happens then there's other people who will never be centered. And I'm sure if you posted a thread about a personal issue, be it bad or good, that you'd want to be centered in that conversation. So we should grant others that same respect and courtesy.

Great B-Dumbs. Now apply this logic to your trans members. Apparently this notion that "everything doesn't revolve around you" doesn't apply to them.