Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1883301 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #51060 on: May 25, 2023, 04:42:59 PM »
dumb bike story makes me want to go around popping the tires on these rental bikes so nobody gets to ride them.

back in my day if you were walking somewhere and saw a bike in someone's yard. you took it and rode to your destination. then either dump the bike or keep it. sure, some poor kid lost their bike, but that little shit didn't listen to his parents when they told him to put it away.

top of the page jk rowling is right about trans people:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:30:13 PM by team filler »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51061 on: May 25, 2023, 05:00:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/11-year-old-boy-calls-police-to-help-his-mom-gets-shot-by-police.722887/#post-106220101

Quote from: Weiss, post: 106220101, member: 2707
Every time this happens the cop involved should get shot in the same spot.

Violence is the only language these apes understand, they'll learn real fast.

:badass :badass :badass

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sonic fans acting like gangsters on the internet :dead
[close]
I would love it if the cop turns out to be black
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51062 on: May 25, 2023, 05:01:07 PM »
Quote from: PlanetSmasher, post: 106220536, member: 6260
I strongly believe that the only way people should be allowed to have guns in this country is if they volunteer to get shot with them first. And if they die, oh well. Until you know what it likes to feel that pain, you shouldn't be allowed to commit it on someone else against their will.

:whoo

I’m not even defending cops or guns, but wtf are these responses? :rofl
Cool. You want to hunt, get shot first. Fuck you if you die.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #51064 on: May 25, 2023, 05:07:36 PM »
before you own a gun you should have to suck a dude's dick to prove you're not a typical homophobic redneck and it should be my dick but im not gay to know what the pain of getting your dick sucked by a man when youre not gay is which i am, to reiterate
You mean suck on filler's hog!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51065 on: May 25, 2023, 05:08:18 PM »
Yeah if the Citi Bike guy had just been honest about what happened in the first place (that he was preventing the woman from using the bike because he intended to use it later) it wouldn't have been a news story, but instead he told the story in a way that made him seem like more of a victim than he actually was (and the woman's lawyer neglected to mention that part too, for the same reason). Social media users once again causing people to make assumptions and hate on the basis of race.
There's a solution to this. Don't consume this type of bullshit.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51066 on: May 25, 2023, 05:09:18 PM »
dumb bike story makes me want to go around popping the tires on these rental bikes so nobody gets to ride them.

back in my day if you were walking somewhere and saw a bike in someone's yard. you took it and rode to your destination. then either dump the bike or keep it. sure, some poor kid lost their bike, but that little shit didn't listen to his parents when they told him to put it away.
Back in my day, the town bike wasn't a bike at all...
Spud

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #51068 on: May 25, 2023, 08:08:15 PM »
So when the story flipped the first time, all the posters going hard just vanished (NepGPT in particular). Then when the story flops back... they have the fucking audacity to say "so where's all the posters who said blah blah blah now?" Are you fucking kidding me?

Cognitive dissonance in its purest, distilled form.
Fish<

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #51069 on: May 25, 2023, 08:25:58 PM »
Didn't they once explicitly ban that kind of calling out? I mean beyond it being "metacommentary" or "cross-thread drama" or whatever multi-purpose bans they already have. Although I guess I should just wait for Nepenthe to finishing compiling all the rules they've issued rather than doing this kind of speculation.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51070 on: May 25, 2023, 08:44:53 PM »
Didn't they once explicitly ban that kind of calling out?
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #51071 on: May 25, 2023, 09:32:46 PM »
HOLY SHIT, THESE MOTHERFUCKERS:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-little-mermaid-2023-ot-even-on-land-were-pro-mermaids.722845/

Welcome, friends. Before we go in-depth about The Little Mermaid, let's talk about real Mermaids. Mermaids is a UK-based charity organization that specializes in helping trans, non-binary, and gender-diverse children until they are 20. They do good work and have come under fire over the past year.

TELL THE TRUTH YOU FUCKING COWARD!

benjipwns

« Reply #51072 on: May 25, 2023, 10:17:00 PM »
Thanks OP, will donate, I'm a little curious, what'd they come under fire for?

:teehee
[close]

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #51073 on: May 25, 2023, 10:19:42 PM »
May he who hasn't hired an out and proud pedophile for an institution that specifically works with kids cast the first stone

benjipwns

« Reply #51074 on: May 25, 2023, 11:09:39 PM »
I thought the part where they were calling the cops on other charities to get them shut down executed was the funnier part honestly.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51075 on: May 26, 2023, 12:06:15 AM »
Are they nurses?
©@©™

Daffy Duck

« Reply #51076 on: May 26, 2023, 02:38:34 AM »
HOLY SHIT, THESE MOTHERFUCKERS:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-little-mermaid-2023-ot-even-on-land-were-pro-mermaids.722845/

Welcome, friends. Before we go in-depth about The Little Mermaid, let's talk about real Mermaids. Mermaids is a UK-based charity organization that specializes in helping trans, non-binary, and gender-diverse children until they are 20. They do good work and have come under fire over the past year.

TELL THE TRUTH YOU FUCKING COWARD!

LMAO, they are going to praise this film no matter what aren’t they, it’s Ghostbusters 16 all over again

Daffy Duck

« Reply #51077 on: May 26, 2023, 05:07:40 AM »
Not sure if anyone else has been watching Succession but I’ve been reading the OT era and just got to the “America decides” discussion and OH MY GOD, they are such a bunch of bed wetters.

This episode fucked up my anxiety and I have already been feeling the need to panic about 2024.

That was a great episode but DAMN that was rough reliving election night 2016 with 2020 election fuckery sprinkled in

That episode was too anxiety inducing with the election coverage. Great episode but man I was feeling every minute of it. And knew exactly where it would end

PTSD from 2016 tonight. shit.

This episode caused me to relive some scary shit. Anxiety through the roof.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/succession-s4-ot-quite-the-tomlette.701692/page-50

Little fucking children.

Polident Hive

« Reply #51078 on: May 26, 2023, 06:40:43 AM »
Succession is great and inspires some baby brain takes about empathy for ultra rich fictional Richard Murdoch and family.

Anyway, if that episode was too much for them, they should try watching HBO’s Conspiracy. Another slow and clinical look behind the doors at men making a big decisions. And they won’t struggle as much with relating to the people there.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #51079 on: May 26, 2023, 10:00:51 AM »
OBE

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #51080 on: May 26, 2023, 11:24:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-opening-the-first-lego-cafe-in-the-usa-ama.723303/

Self promotion
 :isthis

Wow, creating a capitalist business that will make money as a shrine to another money making business.  In this time of all times?  Not everyone is so privileged as to corral wage slaves to do your bidding while you sit back and enjoy the returns on your capital.

In actuality, I've never heard of that user before so he's probably a sane guy who keeps his head low on Era.  He might be able to make that place successful.
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #51081 on: May 26, 2023, 12:28:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-2023-full-playthrough-leaks-online.722275/

Yeah... that's an awful leak. We shouldn't be sharing that kind of stuff here and boosting it further. Not that it matters much I guess.
I do wish full game leaks like this werent allowed here. For the sake of the devs behind the project.
Yeah, this fucking sucks and isn’t cool at all.
Just wanted to say, as a developer, that sharing this is 1000 worse than sharing a SNES rom.
This sucks massively for the development team for it to be unceremoniously dumped into a video like this and uploaded. This thread is 2.5 hours old and it’s still up too.
Look at all the backseat modding. Somehow, Angie ignores it all. As you can see below, the staff enables this problematic behavior that drives off real industry people.

Quote from: Future Industry Savior Jawmuncher
Actually not that much of a leak. It comes out in 2 days.
Quote from: Self-Proclaimed Celebrity Jawmuncher
If I were to guess, this likely just had the wrong upload date put on it. Because it's odd a Publisher would allow a FULL playthrough but embargo reviews.
So nobody cares, but actually yes embargoes are important so this must be an error. I'm not gonna do my job though.

This is not the kind of person Limited Run Games or whoever the fuck hired him should be dealing with.

Whoever was foolish enough to hire him should be held accountable.

Suddenly Jawmuncher is very friendly sounding

While such apologizes have become a bit too common in the gaming space, it's still nice to see them.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/daedalic-entertainment-apologizes-for-the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-quality-promise-to-improve-it-project-was-their-biggest-challenge-thus-far.723393/#post-106283397

Jansen

« Reply #51082 on: May 26, 2023, 01:34:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/#post-106286592
Era: You don't know about Pink Floyd's The Wall? Media literacy is dead.

Also Era: Who the fuck is (insert any top-selling Black artist of the past 10 years)?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/page-2#post-106287450

It skews older white users. There are certain demographics who I expect The Wall to not be relevant to them, even if they are older. Different groups have different inclinations towards the types of music they listen to and grow up with, which there's nothing wrong with. What becomes wrong is when these cultural inclinations become a marker of literacy and others don't. Merely saying "The Wall is very important" is irrelevant.

Nepnep gets mad more people are aware of The Wall then some random rapper
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:41:14 PM by Jansen »

Boredfrom

« Reply #51083 on: May 26, 2023, 01:39:39 PM »
I’m not fan of Roger Waters opinions about Ukraine, but they are idiots that don’t realize is part of the point of The Wall.

Quote from: Idiot
Rogers trying to invoke imagery from The Wall is irrelevant. With the rise of Nazism and far-right ideologies across the world these days, this just comes off as tone-deaf and can be seen as a sign of support for those ideologies.

You have the Avatar of a black supremacist supervillain.

Jansen

« Reply #51084 on: May 26, 2023, 01:44:11 PM »
Alright I know this is gonna sound crazy but I think nepnep might be racist

Oh wait I forgot you can't be racist against the wypipo
[close]

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51085 on: May 26, 2023, 02:09:01 PM »
I’m not fan of Roger Waters opinions about Ukraine, but they are idiots that don’t realize is part of the point of The Wall.

Quote from: Idiot
Rogers trying to invoke imagery from The Wall is irrelevant. With the rise of Nazism and far-right ideologies across the world these days, this just comes off as tone-deaf and can be seen as a sign of support for those ideologies.

You have the Avatar of a black supremacist supervillain.
Planetsmasher
Roger Waters? Using Nazi imagery to make a point about war, and WW2 in particular? He's never, ever done that before. He DEFINITELY didn't make an entire movie about it. Nope.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #51086 on: May 26, 2023, 02:16:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/#post-106286592
Era: You don't know about Pink Floyd's The Wall? Media literacy is dead.

Also Era: Who the fuck is (insert any top-selling Black artist of the past 10 years)?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/page-2#post-106287450

It skews older white users. There are certain demographics who I expect The Wall to not be relevant to them, even if they are older. Different groups have different inclinations towards the types of music they listen to and grow up with, which there's nothing wrong with. What becomes wrong is when these cultural inclinations become a marker of literacy and others don't. Merely saying "The Wall is very important" is irrelevant.

Nepnep gets mad more people are aware of The Wall then some random rapper
Quote from: BossAttack
Quote from: Nepenthe

Yes. And yes.

I would say The Wall is a marker for music literacy. But so is Dr. Dre's The Chronic. Era user should and need to be familiar with both in order to claim music literacy. Otherwise, they cannot make such statements regarding literacy when they are just listening to their personal, limited likings.
Uh, since when does "media literacy" mean that you know a lot of media? Media literacy is about how you engage  with media, like not jumping to conclusions but analysing the context, researching the things that you're not familiar with and then coming to a conclusion about what the artistic goal was. So a lack of media literacy is exactly what you can accuse the critics of if they didn't engage with Roger Waters beyond "Nazi uniform = He must be a Nazi"

Though I'm completely unsurprised that Nep doesn't even know the concept of media literacy
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 02:21:14 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Boredfrom

« Reply #51087 on: May 26, 2023, 02:30:14 PM »
Boss Attack is such a coward. He deep down knows what he said what BS but he invited Nephente to special fellow and be racist because he tried to push his tastes as having  “better media literacy” than the rest of RE.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #51088 on: May 26, 2023, 02:46:15 PM »
I do agree that The Chronic is a landmark album as well, but that doesn't change the fact that NepAI is more racist than Taybot, and both Nep and Boss are very distinguished mentally-challenged.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51089 on: May 26, 2023, 02:57:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fashion-era-i-need-honest-opinions-what-are-your-thoughts-about-wearing-anime-related-shirts-apparel-in-public.723447/#post-106290492
I had that shirt in my Amazon wishlist for ages because I'm going to make my brother wear it during his bachelor's party.
He finally got engaged...
:ohyou

Kurt Russell

« Reply #51090 on: May 26, 2023, 03:44:27 PM »

Interesting that the same folk defending Waters appear to have magically gained the ability to put art into context yet lacked it when they were calling for Dankula to get jail time
woke

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #51091 on: May 26, 2023, 03:45:55 PM »

It's racist to not like rap. :ufup
OBE

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #51092 on: May 26, 2023, 04:12:04 PM »
If someone says they hate ALL rap, i'd definitely think they were either racist or old

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51093 on: May 26, 2023, 04:14:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-begins-password-sharing-crackdown-in-the-us-today.722230/page-11#post-106291482
Just got the email.

Sucks for my folks, but I'm glad to use this opportunity to kick off my mooching friend.
Sacrificing the parents who raised you to pwn a friend  :dead

Jansen

« Reply #51094 on: May 26, 2023, 05:08:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/page-3#post-106301319

Literally every thread you post in turns into this race baiting non-sense. What does this have to do with literally anything?
"Race baiting." Interesting use of words.

It's also not true. I've been posting my thoughts and experiences about Tears of the Kingdom, and I largely react to generalized water cooler discussions about random questions at face value. If you were following me as well as you seem to be to claim that all I "literally" post is "race-baiting" posts you'd know that.

Womble said:
It's not even culturally relevant to why The Wall was what it was.
I didn't say it was. I've also been generally aware of The Wall's existence due to video essays about it, although I will admit that I have not simply sat down to listen to the whole thing in full.

Womble said:
More over, what an American centric view to take on a what was a very European centric issue of the period.
I didn't know only Black people lived in America. Huh.
Womble said:
If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't name any of the top 10 selling artists of today, black or otherwise.
I mean, you being out of touch is neither here nor there. I don't really care what people do and don't listen to, and I largely expect most people not to be extremely wide connoisseurs of music regardless. I had a problem with the framing of ignorance to The Wall as a prime example of "music illiteracy" when these same standards are not applied to seminal works and popular artists outside of a white frame-of-reference when discussed on this forum. You call that race-baiting; I'm merely calling out a pattern of behavior. ‍♀️

Well Womble say your goodbyes while you can

benjipwns

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #51096 on: May 26, 2023, 05:21:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/page-3#post-106301319

Literally every thread you post in turns into this race baiting non-sense. What does this have to do with literally anything?

It's also not true. I've been posting my thoughts and experiences about Tears of the Kingdom, and I largely react to generalized water cooler discussions about random questions at face value. If you were following me as well as you seem to be to claim that all I "literally" post is "race-baiting" posts you'd know that.

Womble said:
I didn't say it was. I've also been generally aware of The Wall's existence due to video essays about it, although I will admit that I have not simply sat down to listen to the whole thing in full.

Womble said:
More over, what an American centric view to take on a what was a very European centric issue of the period.
Womble said:
If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't name any of the top 10 selling artists of today, black or otherwise.
I mean, you being out of touch is neither here nor there. I don't really care what people do and don't listen to, and I largely expect most people not to be extremely wide connoisseurs of music regardless. I had a problem with the framing of ignorance to The Wall as a prime example of "music illiteracy" when these same standards are not applied to seminal works and popular artists outside of a white frame-of-reference when discussed on this forum. You call that race-baiting; I'm merely calling out a pattern of behavior. ‍♀️

Womble chose violence today

I mean, you being out of touch is neither here nor there. I don't really care what people do and don't listen to, and I largely expect most people not to be extremely wide connoisseurs of music regardless. I had a problem with the framing of ignorance to The Wall as a prime example of "music illiteracy" when these same standards are not applied to seminal works and popular artists outside of a white frame-of-reference when discussed on this forum. You call that race-baiting; I'm merely calling out a pattern of behavior. 🤷🏿‍♀️
Don't spout shit. Anyone who knows enough about The Wall also likely knows Michael Jackson, Kanye, Hendrix, Wonder, Brown, Houston etc. Just because they don't know whoever soon to be irrelevant black artist in the top 10 is right now is not the same as comparing them to The Wall.
You get away with way to much shit because you have "Administrator" under your name when it comes to derailing topics with your race baiting [the act of intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race].

I'm not going to engage you in this crap any more you've already derailed the topic enough.

Himu

« Reply #51097 on: May 26, 2023, 05:38:15 PM »
What happened? Why all the guests?
IYKYK

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51098 on: May 26, 2023, 05:39:54 PM »
NepNep in that exchange
although I will admit that I have not simply sat down to listen to the whole thing in full.
Isn't Ree's motto SIT.DOWN.AND.LISTEN?

NekoFever

« Reply #51099 on: May 26, 2023, 05:55:41 PM »
You get away with way to much shit because you have "Administrator" under your name when it comes to derailing topics with your race baiting

:hesright

Propagandhim

« Reply #51100 on: May 26, 2023, 05:56:31 PM »

Probably because the website is going to an error page everytime you click a link on this site and people don't want to try to login multiple times

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51101 on: May 26, 2023, 06:06:15 PM »
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51102 on: May 26, 2023, 06:12:03 PM »
You get away with way to much shit because you have "Administrator" under your name when it comes to derailing topics with your race baiting

:hesright
https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/page-3#post-106302309
I'm not going to engage you in this crap any more you've already derailed the topic enough.
It was derailed alright, but only now lol

Snoopycat_

« Reply #51103 on: May 26, 2023, 06:14:09 PM »
I remember our teacher putting on The Wall on the last day before the Xmas holidays. We were 9.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51104 on: May 26, 2023, 06:16:36 PM »
I remember our teacher putting on The Wall on the last day before the Xmas holidays. We were 9.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/parentera-so-my-kid-joined-a-group-text-with-other-10-year-olds-on-the-last-day-of-school%E2%80%A6.723474/
Context:
My kid does not have a phone.
I guess they were all writing phone numbers down to keep in contact over the summer, and my kid gave my wife’s phone number.
My kid mentioned this to my wife, and my wife foolishly thought that meant the other parents’ numbers were written down; most likely moms. Within an hour after school ended, my wife suddenly gets a barrage of texts, all from one group chat. It was all the kids, not their parents.

Holy hell, y’all.

It started fine. Lots of “hi! This is x”

Then the racism (mimicking speech of ethnicities, that sort of thing)
Then the banana and peach emojis.
Then the swearing. A lot of swearing.

My wife did not show these messages to our kid yet… but… my goodness!

So… yeah. I’m thinking my kid gets a phone at age 18 now. lol

Snoopycat_

« Reply #51105 on: May 26, 2023, 06:21:58 PM »
9 year olds didn’t have wives in those days. Apart from Visawife obviously

« Reply #51106 on: May 26, 2023, 06:34:51 PM »
Nepenthe in that phone thread:
"Besides the racism that's normal for 10 year olds."

Kids pick up on racial stratas and stereotypes at like half the age, even in Tim Wise-esque aggressively anti-racist homes.

Testing boundaries and proving your guff to peers is also a normal part of growing up, and in terms of white or white-majority groups that means seeing if you can get away with being a racist shitheel because they "know" it's wrong. Like when folks say "We all did stupid shit when we were young" during the admonishment of racist children and teens online, that's what they're referring to a lot of the time, unaware that other racial groups are less likely to see slurring and Blackface and shit as part of the path to growing up.

One day y'all will realize racism and white supremacy are just a basic fact of life at this point and stop acting like it's some abnormal indication of something gone wrong. That's merely the environment we live in.
Quote from: Plumbob
I think there's acknowledging it's real and pervasive vs normalizing it.

It's not "normal" in the sense that we should not consider it acceptable.

Certainly I'm not surprised that 10 year olds can say or do racist things.
Racism is already normalized. It is the bedrock of this country's founding, it informs every public and private aspect of life, and ultimately we as a country do not possess the moral character at this moment to do what needs to be done to get rid of it. The fact that people openly consider it wrong doesn't change that.
Quote from: Plumbob
Racism ought not be treated like a normal acceptable thing, but it is normal in the sense it's pervasive. It's worth keeping that distinction.
Of course. The distinction is appropriate, but I also find it trite depending upon the context because frankly I'm tired of white people being paralyzed with shock when something racist happens, as if racism is abnormal. I'm waiting for you all to start seriously talking about decolonization and reparations.

Her point seems to simultaneously be that white people need to stop acting shocked about kids being racist, but also that white people are the only ones who think kids being racist is part of growing up.

Jansen

« Reply #51107 on: May 26, 2023, 06:57:40 PM »

Womble said:

Womble said:
Womble said:

Womble chose violence today

Don't spout shit. Anyone who knows enough about The Wall also likely knows Michael Jackson, Kanye, Hendrix, Wonder, Brown, Houston etc. Just because they don't know whoever soon to be irrelevant black artist in the top 10 is right now is not the same as comparing them to The Wall.
You get away with way to much shit because you have "Administrator" under your name when it comes to derailing topics with your race baiting [the act of intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race].

https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/page-3#post-106302144

Womble
Banned
User banned (permanent): Over the top hostility over multiple posts. Prior bans for inflammatory commentary

Never engage with an unhinged lunatic like neppers
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:06:14 PM by Jansen »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #51108 on: May 26, 2023, 07:12:01 PM »
 :salute
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51109 on: May 26, 2023, 07:27:20 PM »
Can't believe Nena would sing about Chinese spy balloons and not attacking the Russians fucking Putin whore.
Also y'all sleeping on KennyHoopla with their new hit song "Hollywood Sucks"

What? How dare you accuse me of derailing the Electricity prices in Finland thread fucking TERF
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51110 on: May 26, 2023, 07:31:55 PM »
OH FUCK WE ALL SLEPT ON THIS GEM

Just because the Wall used antifascist imagrey in 1979 doesn't mean it can't be criticized in 2023. In a time when antisemitic attacks and violence are at an all time high it shouldn't be dismissed.

We don't need no education :ohyeah
🤴

Himu

« Reply #51111 on: May 26, 2023, 07:32:05 PM »
We don't need no education

We don't need no thoughts control

:rock
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #51112 on: May 26, 2023, 07:38:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-26-2023-ap-new-british-cycling-rules-bar-transgender-women-from-competing-in-elite-female-events.723486/

The new policy is the result of a nine-month review which included a consultation process with riders and stakeholders, including members of Britain's team, as well as a study of available medical research led by British Cycling's chief medical officer, Dr. Nigel Jones. That research was said to show a clear performance advantage for individuals who go through puberty as a male, and one which cannot be fully mitigated by testosterone suppression

Not a single reply.  :lol

The crazies are too tired and too confused by them claiming that they're relying on studies and everyone else knows that literally anything you can say will get the crazies mad

Propagandhim

« Reply #51113 on: May 26, 2023, 07:53:19 PM »
Quote from: neppy
I'm waiting for you all to start seriously talking about decolonization and reparations.

What does this mean?  Is she using "decolonization" as a metaphor or something or does she literally mean finding where all the black people live and getting all the white people out, and giving them independent sovereignty over the land?  What the fuck is she talking about?

Greatness Gone

« Reply #51114 on: May 26, 2023, 08:07:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xvi-general-discussion-predictions-thread.287810/page-569#post-106290453
Quote from: PlanetSmasher, post: 106290453, member: 6260
"No healing" in the hard mode challenges. My "favorite" kind of shitty action game design. Please just let people WILLINGLY do insane no-healing challenge runs, stop baking "you aren't allowed to heal" into the actual difficulty design. It sucks, I hate that "better not ever take a single hit, fuckwad" kind of design.
Why did they make the hard mode challenges HARD?!  :gddr5

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #51115 on: May 26, 2023, 08:30:10 PM »
games should be "hard" and "challenging" in way that I find personally easy anything else is bad game design

to be fair even plain ole regular action games on normal are challenge mode for poor planetsmasher  8)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #51116 on: May 26, 2023, 08:47:33 PM »
Constructive:

Quote from: Dalek, post: 106305195, member: 2220
I'm surprised about this ban:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.resetera.com/threads/berlin-police-probe-pink-floyds-roger-waters-over-nazi-style-uniform-at-concert.723408/page-2#post-106302144[/URL]

I get that topics of race are very sensitive but I didn't get an "Over the top hostility" from this post.

Quote from: ListeningGarden, post: 106305447, member: 1766
jumping down a known poc poster's throat over "race baiting" instead of engaging with any kind of actual point relating to the topic and pretty much every other paragraph of that felt pretty hostile to me

Quote from: Dalek, post: 106305615, member: 2220
The phrase "Race Baiting" - you're right.  That's very true.  Hard to have a positive discussion after throwing that grenade in.

Quote from: ClickyCal', post: 106306992, member: 7351
Saying "race baiting" is a 100% rightwing dogwhistle coding.

Quote from: Rinse Bassfunk, post: 106307583, member: 11767
It's out right openly hostile and completely uncalled for, they obviously had an axe to grind and that sort of posting got what it deserved. Good riddance

Quote from: Dalek, post: 106307613, member: 2220
Yeah I didn't see the previous post where the term was used.

oh well.  off he goes.

Quote from: Rinse Bassfunk, post: 106308582, member: 11767
They used it in each of their posts, including the one you initially quoted in the thread

Quote from: lokiduck, post: 106308792, member: 55351
Not to mention the post quoted was very aggressive to Nep, especially the last portion that basically accused her of abusing her Admin powers... >>

It's 100% understandable why the got perm'd.

:popular
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #51117 on: May 26, 2023, 09:16:05 PM »
Not to mention the post quoted was very aggressive to Nep, especially the last portion that basically accused her of abusing her Admin powers... >>

It's 100% understandable why the got perm'd.

Never accuse authority of abusing power. Of course he deserved to get banned

TacoWallace

« Reply #51118 on: May 26, 2023, 09:31:52 PM »
Quote from: HaughtyFrank
Suddenly Jawmuncher is very friendly sounding

While such apologizes have become a bit too common in the gaming space, it's still nice to see them.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/daedalic-entertainment-apologizes-for-the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-quality-promise-to-improve-it-project-was-their-biggest-challenge-thus-far.723393/#post-106283397

Already first post trolling again:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/infinity-strash-dragon-quest-%E2%80%93-the-adventure-of-dai-announces-release-date-sept-28-2023-ww-adds-xbox-series-port-alongside-switch-ps4-5-pc.723633/#post-106311201

Xbox finally got a Square Enix game for 2023

If he really wants his Xbox to get more Square Enix ports he should use his new position in the industry to get Sony to stop paying Square Enix's electrical bills.

benjipwns

« Reply #51119 on: May 26, 2023, 09:39:00 PM »
Nepenthe in that phone thread:
Like when folks say "We all did stupid shit when we were young" during the admonishment of racist children and teens online, that's what they're referring to a lot of the time, unaware that other racial groups are less likely to see slurring and Blackface and shit as part of the path to growing up.
No, they're referring to how children are, in the aggregate, stupider than adults and make worse decisions from a lack of experience and understanding.