Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1818478 times)

Jansen

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #51240 on: June 07, 2023, 11:44:51 PM »
Finally it's just me. Only problem is I can't like my own posts

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #51241 on: June 13, 2023, 12:26:01 PM »
I'm not letting you have this page all to yourself.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #51242 on: June 13, 2023, 12:35:03 PM »
:gaas
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #51243 on: June 14, 2023, 07:08:25 AM »
Finally the site is perfect

Kurt Russell

« Reply #51244 on: June 14, 2023, 12:23:21 PM »
But but but if you post here, rufus and his shrieking band of mongs will boycott the bire again and go back to posting in their lolitacord 😑
woke

« Reply #51245 on: June 15, 2023, 09:04:48 PM »
where the fuk is everyone

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #51246 on: June 16, 2023, 12:31:40 AM »
PSA for shit thread exclusive posters:

Okay, an alt-Bore for unfunny incels is available now: https://thebore.net/forum/

I made a couple example threads just to test things, as people make the threads like "what are you playing?", random talk thread, the movies thread or whatever I'll sticky them or not. The emoticons are in a bit of a mess at the moment as I mass imported, they're all on the server but a number of them I need to go through and match the codes to here for so they aren't available in the pop-up. (Which I'll probably need to edit since it's made for a normal amount of them.) Most other things should work as intended, though I know a few things are missing and I already have some plugins. I installed no themes or anything like that. I'm posting this now in part because I can't test the likes by myself and we all know that's essential. Other features to add/disable/etc. we can discuss over there.

If bork, Joe and demi sign up I'll make them moderators just because even if they don't want to do anything. (I probably should recreate the Icon status just in case anyone ever comes back by accident or out of personal despair.) Anyone else we can discuss down the road.

Yes, I know the newsfeed only shows up on the main page. I looked at the template and it's supposed to be there. I don't have all the newsfeed items I know because the one long one about sleepovers or whatever never turned up for me to copy/paste.

I'm unfortunately not going to be available to refresh constantly out of anxiety for much of today so please don't post too much illegal content or try to crash the server with exploits. And most definitely do not use problematic uncouth language.
OBE

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #51247 on: June 19, 2023, 12:41:42 PM »
:O

Kurt Russell

« Reply #51248 on: June 19, 2023, 12:44:35 PM »
We get a glimpse at the man behind the curtain?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/preliminary-thoughts-about-a-resetera-user%E2%80%99s-union.732555/

Quote from: B-Chubs
No.

Seriously though, this would be too easily abused by clicks, popular users, toxic users, and bad faith actors to ever be viable. You also need to keep in mind that when making ban decisions, at times we have to take into account information that we cannot share with other users due to privacy concerns.
woke

Sman

« Reply #51249 on: June 19, 2023, 01:18:22 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/preliminary-thoughts-about-a-resetera-user%E2%80%99s-union.732555/

The idea is squashed and locked within two minutes, before any regular user can comment. That's some highly efficient union busting. lol

Imagine if they went actually with this idea.

"I declare a general strike! It's obscene our Scandinavian overlords make millions off of our free labor. We deserve our fair share and deserve to get paid!"

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51250 on: June 19, 2023, 01:24:32 PM »

Protect the Resetera corporation masters, and eventually you'll get a piece of that $8 Million. :success
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51251 on: June 19, 2023, 02:01:27 PM »
B-Dubs dismantled the Unions quicker than

A
spoiler (click to show/hide)
ctivision
[close]

H
spoiler (click to show/hide)
R
[close]

:whew
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #51252 on: June 20, 2023, 04:03:30 AM »

The idea is squashed and locked within two minutes, before any regular user can comment. That's some highly efficient union busting. lol

Imagine if they went actually with this idea.

"I declare a general strike! It's obscene our Scandinavian overlords make millions off of our free labor. We deserve our fair share and deserve to get paid!"
What's great is that he didn't squash it because it's a stupid idea that doesn't make any sense but because of how important the unpaid staff and all their dossiers on the members are that questioning them when they ban people for having the wrong opinion is unthinkable:
Quote from: B-Dubs
There have been situations where a stray comment to the wrong person could have gotten people into real trouble in their real lives. Or at times we've been told information that specific users felt we need to know to do our jobs correctly, but that had to stay secret due to their privacy or harassment concerns. Choosing someone to do this job requires a level of trust in the person that I don't take lightly. Everyone on staff is beyond trustworthy and we are careful to make sure it stays that way in order to keep the users safe. This isn't the sort of job where we can ever really share everything we know when making certain decisions without breaking someone's trust.

As a result, this sort of thing could never really work. Because the second we need to say "No we cannot tell you why we did that" it will turn into a dumpster fire and we're stuck between breaking someone's trust and a mob of angry users. Been there, done that. No thank you sir.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51253 on: June 20, 2023, 04:46:41 AM »
so they dox their own users and use that info to decide bans? lol

the reeeee mods and favored users will do anything to have their way if someone doesn't fall in line. they really are the cops doing illegal wire taps  :drudge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #51254 on: June 20, 2023, 02:15:41 PM »
Propagandhim plz :stahp
Uncle

james

« Reply #51255 on: June 20, 2023, 05:18:28 PM »
When i posted the reply only said no. He added the other stuff later

« Reply #51256 on: June 20, 2023, 07:31:08 PM »
so what fucking forum do i use goddamit benji

davepoobond

« Reply #51257 on: June 20, 2023, 07:31:51 PM »
Where are we going
dpb

BIONIC

« Reply #51258 on: June 20, 2023, 07:33:01 PM »
so what fucking forum do i use goddamit benji

Do you like Himu? Y/N
Margs

james

« Reply #51259 on: June 20, 2023, 10:53:42 PM »
Reddit has fallen

Moderators are being executed on the streets

« Reply #51260 on: June 21, 2023, 12:12:00 AM »
I vaguely recall a woman on neogaf wanted posters there to fund her trip to see the Titanic.

Don't imagine she got her monies. Maybe she donated the game controller they use to steer the S.S. Floating Coffin.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/magellan-titanic-mapping-firm-ready-to-aid-in-sub-search/

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #51261 on: June 21, 2023, 12:34:48 AM »
I vaguely recall a woman on neogaf wanted posters there to fund her trip to see the Titanic.

Don't imagine she got her monies. Maybe she donated the game controller they use to steer the S.S. Floating Coffin.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/magellan-titanic-mapping-firm-ready-to-aid-in-sub-search/

#uguugate

Sman

« Reply #51262 on: June 21, 2023, 12:55:47 AM »

It was a gaf mod. The one with glasses and a faint mustache. Her name escapes me at this moment.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51263 on: June 21, 2023, 07:26:48 AM »

It was a gaf mod. The one with glasses and a faint mustache. Her name escapes me at this moment.

Kagari, who was also the same poster that Creepy Stalker was obsessed with.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 07:32:45 AM by bork »
ど助平

ShutUp

« Reply #51264 on: June 21, 2023, 02:47:47 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised this didn't get a 90+. More reviewers should call them out for the lack of non-white people and the terrible treatment of the few female characters in the game.

Hopefully Square Enix will finally get out of their edgelord boys club phase with FF XVII in 2028 or so. Maybe next time women will be allowed to do *something* besides being abused and rescued by the main white male character. Perhaps a woman could even be the next FF protagonist. Can you imagine it?

Anyway, I guess I will keep waiting for FF VII Rebirth in the meantime. I can't believe a 1997 game is more diverse than a 2023 game, but here we are.

Square Enix devoted a trilogy to Lightning, by the way. Somehow this nutter forgot that.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51265 on: June 21, 2023, 03:07:29 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised this didn't get a 90+. More reviewers should call them out for the lack of non-white people and the terrible treatment of the few female characters in the game.

Hopefully Square Enix will finally get out of their edgelord boys club phase with FF XVII in 2028 or so. Maybe next time women will be allowed to do *something* besides being abused and rescued by the main white male character. Perhaps a woman could even be the next FF protagonist. Can you imagine it?

Anyway, I guess I will keep waiting for FF VII Rebirth in the meantime. I can't believe a 1997 game is more diverse than a 2023 game, but here we are.

Square Enix devoted a trilogy to Lightning, by the way. Somehow this nutter forgot that.

Imagine getting baited by that post. It might as well have a "Respond to this post to get instabanned" banner flashing over it and at least one person still fell for it. :dead
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #51266 on: June 22, 2023, 12:20:41 AM »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #51267 on: June 22, 2023, 02:53:32 PM »
Quote from: NepNep
This is the thing that angers me. You had over a century to learn about and not repeat the same exact mistakes that resulted in a watery graveyard for 1500 people that you're now using as a garish tourist trap, all because your fucking wealth is hamstrung by safety regulations meant to prevent the death you just incurred for yourself and four other people. White men, money, and ego; name a more iconic trio.

Two of the passengers were a wealthy Pakistani businessman and his son but let's ignore that  :)

Raist

« Reply #51268 on: June 22, 2023, 05:41:40 PM »
Schreieieiieeiieieeieieeeeeeeeeer tweeted a shitty "joke" worthy of an edgy 12yo about the sub accident (now deleted of course), and you can guess how it's going for those who called him out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/debris-field-found-in-titan-search-area-up-catastrophic-implosion.733809/page-11#post-107835870

https://www.resetera.com/threads/debris-field-found-in-titan-search-area-up-catastrophic-implosion.733809/page-11#post-107835498

https://www.resetera.com/threads/debris-field-found-in-titan-search-area-up-catastrophic-implosion.733809/page-11#post-107836065

Quote from: NipNip
Since some of y'all are openly admitting to harassing Jason Schreier, we're temporarily locking this thread to review posts and get y'all to cool off.

:crybaby LEAVE JASON ALONE :crybaby

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #51269 on: June 22, 2023, 09:15:44 PM »
This is the thing that angers me. You had over a century to learn about and not repeat the same exact mistakes that resulted in a watery graveyard for 1500 people that you're now using as a garish tourist trap, all because your fucking wealth is hamstrung by safety regulations meant to prevent the death you just incurred for yourself and four other people. White men, money, and ego; name a more iconic trio.
They drove the sub into an iceberg?

Raist

« Reply #51270 on: June 23, 2023, 05:43:44 AM »
They drove the sub into an iceberg?

They didn't all try to fit on a door.

Averon

« Reply #51271 on: June 23, 2023, 06:37:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-root-new-evidence-eyewitnesses-in-jonathan-majors-assault-case-appear-to-tell-a-different-story.734127/#post-107863338

I have nothing against Majors. And maybe there is something more to this story, but it is hilarious ERA is bending over backwards to give Majors benefit of the doubt or at least not immediately going into "fuck him" mode and ban anyone that dares imply otherwise. I mean, these takes here:

Quote from: The Flower Swoon
We should all reserve judgement until the truth comes out.
Quote from: amusix
That's a lot in Majors' favor. Of course, in cases like this, both sides will present all they can, so, yeah, this is 'wait and see'.
Quote from: Unlovedjew
wild that so many people who purported to know him from college were dogpiling him on twitter as this news came out, implying that he'd done this before. maybe just bitter classmates?
Quote from: TheUndeadGamer
I 100% agree. But Era often does knee-jerk reactions and “fuck this guy” responses :shrug

...would have gotten those users immediately dogpiled, accused of being a rape apologist/misogynist/rightwing chud, and shortly perma banned previously. All of a sudden "Let's wait for more info" isn't an immediate knee-jerk ban in those topics. Though I doubt they'd be as patient for more info if, say, Chris Pratt or Tom Cruise was accused.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 06:42:34 AM by Averon »

james

« Reply #51273 on: June 23, 2023, 04:38:59 PM »
Reminds me of when my mom and I watched the racing movie Ford v Ferrari with Matt Damon, and in the middle of the movie they showed an advertisement on a billboard of a young girl getting her underwear pulled off by a dog.

The advertisement was for a sunscreen called Coppertone, and my mom was laughing when she told those were very common back in the day.

I literally stopped the movie because I was so shocked lol.

Gen z was a mistake

(from reddit)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51274 on: June 23, 2023, 07:37:34 PM »
Reminds me of when my mom and I watched the racing movie Ford v Ferrari with Matt Damon, and in the middle of the movie they showed an advertisement on a billboard of a young girl getting her underwear pulled off by a dog.

The advertisement was for a sunscreen called Coppertone, and my mom was laughing when she told those were very common back in the day.

I literally stopped the movie because I was so shocked lol.

Gen z was a mistake

(from reddit)

Wait until they find out about Aunt Jemima syrup.
©@©™

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #51275 on: June 23, 2023, 09:52:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-acquired-bethesda-after-hearing-starfield-would-be-exclusive-to-playstation.734379/page-10#post-107910081
Fat4all
way to spend 2 hours on it when you could read 3 sentences later in the day, i guess
Convasse
You're in the top 5 posters of this thread dawg. Lecturing folk about the use of their time (on a video game forum) is rich.

Averon

« Reply #51276 on: June 24, 2023, 06:26:40 AM »
This thread is wild. People are now arguing whether characters in FF16 are sufficiently non-white enough:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-verge-final-fantasy-xvi%E2%80%99s-lack-of-diverse-characters-makes-a-huge-world-feel-small.734409/#post-107910447

Quote from: s y
How is that confirming that Hugo is white? I'm playing the game. I'm looking at Hugo. I'm looking at Vivian.

Again, how are they white? Because Eurogamer said so? In what reality is Hugo a white man?

This is a white woman to you?

Quote from: Disclaimer
They look like white people with slight tans to me. And the developers didn't jump to cite them as PoC when asked; instead, they said that PoC wouldn't be realistic to medieval Europe. (Which is ahistorical nonsense.)

Quote from: Terraforce
The fact that you had to say "Hugo aside" confirms that even you understand the statement "no PoC" isn't true lol. Hugo isn't white no matter how you look at it. The game is lacking in diversity and that is an issue. But there are objectively PoC in this game. There's no amount of reaching that would change that.

Quote from: Ryuji
Am I missing something because the people in Dhalmek actually do look brown to me (I’m brown and they’re darker than I am)

Quote from: crimilde
Apparently everyone in Dhalmekia is white because The Verge and Eurogamer said so. I’m all for wanting devs to do better, but this is a bit too much when they straight up present misinformation about the game.

This is what happens when you're obsessed with bland, token representation: arguing whether a character is sufficiently shaded to be considered white/non-white.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51277 on: June 24, 2023, 11:56:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yong-yea-is-kiryus-new-english-va-in-lad-gaiden.733323/page-8#post-107920134
He's a piece of shit but I didn't even know the Yakuza/LaD series even had English dubs beyond the PS2 version of the first one so I guess that's easily ignored.
Imo don't bother. Its done by the Arems. They are best known for their work directing and voicing in almost all Atlus projects. The fact that they hired this guy.......its concerning

« Reply #51278 on: June 25, 2023, 12:37:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yong-yea-is-kiryus-new-english-va-in-lad-gaiden.733323/page-8#post-107920134
He's a piece of shit but I didn't even know the Yakuza/LaD series even had English dubs beyond the PS2 version of the first one so I guess that's easily ignored.
Imo don't bother. Its done by the Arems. They are best known for their work directing and voicing in almost all Atlus projects. The fact that they hired this guy.......its concerning

Don't want to go neck deep hunting for why Yongyea is a bad human. So someone please tell me why I should polish up the old pitchfork and assemble the mob.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #51279 on: June 25, 2023, 05:38:05 AM »
This is what I found in some Resetera thread. The rest is them just complaining about his videos being clickbait.

"Anyway, to add to this thread, I'll toss in YongYea. I enjoyed his videos leading up to Metal Gear Solid 5 and Fallout 4, but once those games came out, he leaned hard into the typical gamergate style of coverage which antagonised developers and women. He also ran to PewDiePie's defense after he got caught saying the N-Word. In his response video, YongYea said that "black people say the word all the time" and that it shouldn't be a problem for PewDiePie."

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #51280 on: June 26, 2023, 11:42:03 AM »
All those youtubers are clowns anyway

Yongyea AngryJoe, Stefanie fat UK cunt.. The list goes on and on
What

Raist

« Reply #51281 on: July 03, 2023, 02:35:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/russia-has-begun-a-full-scale-invasion-in-ukraine-read-staff-posts.556366/page-2447#post-108413319

Tell me they’re not blowing $2-4 mil Patriot missiles on $20k drones. Hopefully they got a Gepard nearby or something.

Sorry to all the civilians who were killed by those suicide drones, we can't possibly shoot these down with our fancy patriot systems  :brain

Propagandhim

« Reply #51282 on: July 06, 2023, 12:08:53 PM »
where is everyone

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #51283 on: July 06, 2023, 12:16:33 PM »
They grew up and realised making fun of people online is a waste of energy
fat

Propagandhim

« Reply #51284 on: July 06, 2023, 12:26:22 PM »
dammit

BIONIC

« Reply #51285 on: July 06, 2023, 12:30:08 PM »
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #51286 on: July 06, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »
I don't need jelqing tips.  i'm practically The Great Jelqini ova here

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51287 on: July 06, 2023, 01:02:59 PM »

since benji is ignoring me in the new place you should make a mod here

because of reasons

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #51288 on: July 06, 2023, 01:23:26 PM »
where is everyone

PSA for shit thread exclusive posters:

Okay, an alt-Bore for unfunny incels is available now: https://thebore.net/forum/

I made a couple example threads just to test things, as people make the threads like "what are you playing?", random talk thread, the movies thread or whatever I'll sticky them or not. The emoticons are in a bit of a mess at the moment as I mass imported, they're all on the server but a number of them I need to go through and match the codes to here for so they aren't available in the pop-up. (Which I'll probably need to edit since it's made for a normal amount of them.) Most other things should work as intended, though I know a few things are missing and I already have some plugins. I installed no themes or anything like that. I'm posting this now in part because I can't test the likes by myself and we all know that's essential. Other features to add/disable/etc. we can discuss over there.

If bork, Joe and demi sign up I'll make them moderators just because even if they don't want to do anything. (I probably should recreate the Icon status just in case anyone ever comes back by accident or out of personal despair.) Anyone else we can discuss down the road.

Yes, I know the newsfeed only shows up on the main page. I looked at the template and it's supposed to be there. I don't have all the newsfeed items I know because the one long one about sleepovers or whatever never turned up for me to copy/paste.

I'm unfortunately not going to be available to refresh constantly out of anxiety for much of today so please don't post too much illegal content or try to crash the server with exploits. And most definitely do not use problematic uncouth language.
OBE

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #51289 on: July 06, 2023, 02:05:51 PM »

you're a good guy demi, hang in there man
Uncle

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #51290 on: July 06, 2023, 03:01:41 PM »
the great schism confuses me. this place was going south so a backup was made, then demi put another quarter in the meter but the backup now lives on as some bizarro shelbyville bore while this place staggers around like a drunk with a heart condition?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51291 on: July 06, 2023, 03:09:51 PM »
the great schism confuses me. this place was going south so a backup was made, then demi put another quarter in the meter but the backup now lives on as some bizarro shelbyville bore while this place staggers around like a drunk with a heart condition?

after much debate we decided to keep this place as a silo for himu

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #51292 on: July 06, 2023, 03:19:28 PM »

It's like when they moved Springfield 5 miles down the road because they had filled up the old location with garbage.
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51293 on: July 06, 2023, 06:27:38 PM »

Let me explain

Gaming Age - A New Hope
NeoGAF - The Empire Strikes Back
TheBore - Return of the Jedi
ResetEra - The Phantom Menace
MetaCouncil - Attack of the Clones
Famiboards - Revenge of the Sith
dpad.life - The Force Awakens
Shosticord / The failed dogmod insurrection - The Last Jedi
TheBoreNet - Rise of the Skywalker
🤴

« Reply #51294 on: July 07, 2023, 04:47:44 PM »

Let me explain

Gaming Age - A New Hope
NeoGAF - The Empire Strikes Back
TheBore - Return of the Jedi
ResetEra - The Phantom Menace
MetaCouncil - Attack of the Clones
Famiboards - Revenge of the Sith
dpad.life - The Force Awakens
Shosticord / The failed dogmod insurrection - The Last Jedi
TheBoreNet - Rise of the Skywalker

Opa-ages/corn-rages/etc. = The Star Wars Holiday Special

davepoobond

« Reply #51295 on: July 08, 2023, 02:20:39 AM »

after much debate we decided to keep this place as a silo for himu

Also confused but I’m only here for Demi anyway lmao
dpb

Tuckers Law

« Reply #51296 on: July 08, 2023, 02:50:20 AM »

More like this place is one John Chrichton, and bire.net is the other John Chrichton.

Which is the Moya version and which is the Talyn version?  That I can't answer.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 02:55:27 AM by Tuckers Law »

E-DuB

« Reply #51297 on: July 09, 2023, 10:44:56 PM »
Dpad. That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long ass time.

BisMarckie

« Reply #51298 on: July 10, 2023, 11:39:36 AM »
I can post the same lane jokes on two seperate boards for the faint dopamine rush that at least someone liked my post

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51299 on: July 11, 2023, 07:59:07 PM »
 :salute