Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1829101 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #5580 on: October 21, 2021, 10:21:25 AM »
i see reset era have found my facebook page  ;)

#FreeCreamMisogynyThread
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #5581 on: October 21, 2021, 10:28:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnbc-democrats-set-to-cut-free-community-college-climate-program-from-biden%E2%80%99s-economic-plan-as-they-trim-price-tag.503409/page-5#post-75599592

User Warned: Dismissive Drive-By
Quote from: Coop
you are a bunch of crybabies, I live in a country ruled by right-wing psychopaths and it's a fucking hell, people here eat cow bones so they don't starve, so stop crying like a bunch of spoiled children and vote in the next election
:hesright
OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5582 on: October 21, 2021, 10:36:54 AM »
I completely agree with this. There's good reason, if it's going to happen, that it should happen now rather than later. I do think there is one million reasons why anybody with connections to the site's previously ownership might not want it to happen pre-31st December 2021, but as you say there is definitely going to be a slow-boil effect on the changes even if the underlined is something which may happen much sooner.

I think you'll find they have 4.5 million reasons :snob

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5583 on: October 21, 2021, 10:38:39 AM »
Y'all.

People have moved on.

As someone who has been a part of multiple site migrations/abandonments, when it's happening you know it. It's a crescendo, a tidal wave.

It's not someone poking in every few hours when the thread has devolved into jokes about post signatures and member numbers with a desperate plea to "stay focused guys!"

If you have concerns and questions, we want to know. We'll continue to do our best to respond, especially if you possess the talent to raise those concerns without insulting us.

But...can the thread just be about that? And not attempts to stoke a panic that just isn't getting stoked? Not after a solid week, and nearly 150 pages.

It's just not fetch.

Quite the post after banning someones highly relevant post for alt-accountancy

Coffee Dog

« Reply #5584 on: October 21, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »
Silencing the protesters and then lamenting their lack of initiative 
 :aah

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5585 on: October 21, 2021, 10:42:50 AM »
Weird that MOBA Network AB volunteers keep silencing people who run competing forums.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5586 on: October 21, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnbc-democrats-set-to-cut-free-community-college-climate-program-from-biden%E2%80%99s-economic-plan-as-they-trim-price-tag.503409/page-5#post-75599592

User Warned: Dismissive Drive-By
Quote from: Coop
you are a bunch of crybabies, I live in a country ruled by right-wing psychopaths and it's a fucking hell, people here eat cow bones so they don't starve, so stop crying like a bunch of spoiled children and vote in the next election
:hesright

Yeah okay, I live in America too, pal.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5587 on: October 21, 2021, 10:53:57 AM »
Cow bones are delicious.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5588 on: October 21, 2021, 10:57:30 AM »
Their random alt account bans are amazing.
 What a coincidence that it happens when someone makes a poignant post

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5589 on: October 21, 2021, 11:03:28 AM »
also the number of mods running into the thread going "WOW THIS TOPICS SURE DEAD NOW HUH, HAHAHA, LETS JUST HAVE SOME FUNNY JOKES INSTEAD" everytime it gets bumped

Risible

« Reply #5590 on: October 21, 2021, 11:04:05 AM »
Frankly, salty folks writing about their disingenuous concerns to MOBA about ERA is just as entertaining as anything else, but only because it's super cringe.

What do you think this entire thread is man? And sending an email is a bridge too far?

Beware gazing into the abyss, for it also gazes into you.
-Anita Sarkeesian

blaze

« Reply #5591 on: October 21, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »
My last post there was saying the decline in the user base wasn’t just because of bans. Then they hit me with the alt account ban

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #5592 on: October 21, 2021, 11:50:51 AM »
Y'all.

People have moved on.

As someone who has been a part of multiple site migrations/abandonments, when it's happening you know it. It's a crescendo, a tidal wave.

It's not someone poking in every few hours when the thread has devolved into jokes about post signatures and member numbers with a desperate plea to "stay focused guys!"

If you have concerns and questions, we want to know. We'll continue to do our best to respond, especially if you possess the talent to raise those concerns without insulting us.

But...can the thread just be about that? And not attempts to stoke a panic that just isn't getting stoked? Not after a solid week, and nearly 150 pages.

It's just not fetch.

Quite the post after banning someones highly relevant post for alt-accountancy

THAT has got to be the most bad faith post of all time. Who’s posting all those jokes? Mods, ignoring questions. People moved on, because you and your cronies spammed the fucking thread with the mother of all derails that has Amtrack taking notes. Then a comment about answering questions and concerns, lamenting while the thread can’t be just about that, after noting how it devolved into jokes, done by them for one.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5593 on: October 21, 2021, 11:52:39 AM »
Weve been saying this will implode Era a bunch of times now.
Maybe the forum will just fizzle out over time through bans and general disinterest in forums/irrelevance.

marrec

« Reply #5594 on: October 21, 2021, 11:53:57 AM »
What if we're all just Benji alts and this entire existence is a manifestation of his psychosis?

blaze

« Reply #5595 on: October 21, 2021, 11:56:37 AM »
I don’t see an implosion. I just see people continuing to leave/get banned in greater numbers than new joiners. Eventually MOBA will do something to piss off a few die hards causing them to leave and so on.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #5596 on: October 21, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »
What if we're all just Benji alts and this entire existence is a manifestation of his psychosis?

Might explain why he's quiet when something big happens at Resetera.com  :ohhh

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #5597 on: October 21, 2021, 12:05:41 PM »

:ohhh :what :dunno :info

10centtacos

« Reply #5598 on: October 21, 2021, 12:06:27 PM »
Era mods desperately want to close that Ownership Change thread but they can't because it would create a shitstorm  :heh

marrec

« Reply #5599 on: October 21, 2021, 12:13:46 PM »
Thanks Benji for manifesting me married to a small woman with a big ass.

10centtacos

« Reply #5600 on: October 21, 2021, 12:15:06 PM »
Weve been saying this will implode Era a bunch of times now.
Maybe the forum will just fizzle out over time through bans and general disinterest in forums/irrelevance.
It's for sure gonna be a slow death over time. There won't be another mass exodus or extinction level event. Activity will slow to a crawl as people migrate to discord and communities continue to splinter. Most of the celebrity posters are already gone to pursue a shitposting career on Twitter anyway. Not much left in that community that's worth visiting for, outside of the lols obviously.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5601 on: October 21, 2021, 12:17:56 PM »
Urghhh...Tom Holland really doesn't make a convincing adult. Dude is a forever teenager.

Planetsmasher
Yup. He still looks like a teenager, and they had to cast a Chloe who looks like she's barely in college as a result. I don't understand the mindset behind the casting here.

Holland is 25 and is Sophia Ali, who plays Chloe, is 35.

Planetsmasher
I know how old they both are. That doesn't change how they read on screen. I'm 36 and I look like I'm 24.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uncharted-official-trailer-movie.503625/page-3#post-75628482

thetylerrob

« Reply #5602 on: October 21, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »

Yulwei

« Reply #5603 on: October 21, 2021, 12:19:52 PM »
Urghhh...Tom Holland really doesn't make a convincing adult. Dude is a forever teenager.

Planetsmasher
Yup. He still looks like a teenager, and they had to cast a Chloe who looks like she's barely in college as a result. I don't understand the mindset behind the casting here.

Planetsmasher
I know how old they both are. That doesn't change how they read on screen. I'm 36 and I look like I'm 24.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uncharted-official-trailer-movie.503625/page-3#post-75628482

:umad

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #5604 on: October 21, 2021, 12:20:00 PM »
24 stone maybe :smug
(ice)

Mostima

« Reply #5605 on: October 21, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »
Is it possible that all these middle-aged people on resetera get mistaken for college-aged kids isn't because of their youthful looks, and it's because they come off as manchildren in real life? :doge

Hamarr

« Reply #5606 on: October 21, 2021, 12:33:17 PM »
Maiden Voyage is giving me some creepy Farms vibes.

Here at the bore, we sit back and watch while eating food. Nothing more, nothing less.

Only Benji, with his special skills is expected to go further by taking a deep dive into public About Us pages.

Am I the only one who reads while pooping?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5607 on: October 21, 2021, 12:38:05 PM »
Yep Organize a new site.
I already have a domain 'cyberchuds.com' come join me in this venture.

Everyone is equal and pays the same $500 membership fee to Beastmode LLC to keep it fully independent.

I can't wait to find out what's going on in Baltimore, have discussions about accessibility in video games and trans rights.
Our logo will have LGTBQ+ colors by DEFAULT and a Palestine flag waves proudly in the footer.

CYBERCHUDS.COM
The new future of videogame discourse at the apex of the cultural revolution
🤴

marrec

« Reply #5608 on: October 21, 2021, 12:39:08 PM »

Here at the bore, we sit back and watch while eating food. Nothing more, nothing less.

Only Benji, with his special skills is expected to go further by taking a deep dive into public About Us pages.

I’m pooping rn

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5609 on: October 21, 2021, 12:43:50 PM »

Planetsmasher

Planetsmasher

Later someone corrected that the woman is the same age as Holland, 25. As if there was any more need to confirm that he's talking out of his ass

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5610 on: October 21, 2021, 12:52:12 PM »

I’m pooping rn

Thats my secret

Im always pooping
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 04:44:49 PM by james »
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #5611 on: October 21, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »
incoming "troll account" ban?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5612 on: October 21, 2021, 01:01:03 PM »
Era mods desperately want to close that Ownership Change thread but they can't because it would create a shitstorm  :heh

User 0 won't let them either.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5613 on: October 21, 2021, 01:02:58 PM »
It’ll be User Banned(permanent): Trolling, excessive Hostility, account in junior phase

blaze

« Reply #5614 on: October 21, 2021, 01:13:37 PM »
Close. User requested deletion.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5615 on: October 21, 2021, 01:17:06 PM »
My last post there was saying the decline in the user base wasn’t just because of bans. Then they hit me with the alt account ban

Alt Right account ban tbqh
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5616 on: October 21, 2021, 01:18:22 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:lol
[close]

Vertigo

« Reply #5617 on: October 21, 2021, 01:40:05 PM »
Planetsmasher
I know how old they both are. That doesn't change how they read on screen. I'm 36 and I post like I'm a spoiled 13 yr old brat.

Corrected 

Vertigo

« Reply #5618 on: October 21, 2021, 01:49:41 PM »
Tsar Bombadil banned for being an alt  :lol :lol :lol

el em eff ayy oh

And not a single mod or admin reply to their pretty good well thought out post. Just a ban and more distraction shite about tags and banners. Pathetic and shoddy all round.

At this point MOBA clearing all these mods out would do Resetera a world of good.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5619 on: October 21, 2021, 02:16:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vikings-beat-christopher-columbus-to-the-americas-by-471-years.503811/

Sorry Chris, you were LTTP.

Also, fuck him.

Vikings were uh pretty bad people too though. A bit of a race to the bottom, but I guess it's better than glorifying one guy.

You're just as late to the party as he was, OP.
:lol

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5620 on: October 21, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »
Everyone knows the easter island people were first
:O

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #5621 on: October 21, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »
A few days ago I sent an email to info@wearemoba.com asking for their stance on allowing hateful & harmful content on their websites. No response yet so I sent a follow-up.

If they won't respond, I'll reach out to the companies that buy ads for Moba sites. I'd hate to see the Blizzard or Riot Games name tarnished by associating with websites that dance on the grave of prominent figures.

You see all them donkeys screeching to Netflix about Dave Chappelle? That's you that is. That's you in a wig.

If it didn’t work, I wouldn’t do it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5622 on: October 21, 2021, 02:29:10 PM »
I've been clicking on Era ads to make sure the MOBA people see nice growth  8)
🤴

Risible

« Reply #5623 on: October 21, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »

My entire 8 year Bire existence has been shitting while enjoying the witty repartee of this thread.  So no.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #5624 on: October 21, 2021, 02:33:08 PM »
This website is impossible to use on a phone. I don’t believe that anyone browses on the toilet.

- Sent from my iPhone
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:37:13 PM by Maiden Voyage »

benjipwns

« Reply #5625 on: October 21, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vikings-beat-christopher-columbus-to-the-americas-by-471-years.503811/
Quote from: plagiarize, moderator
Your friendly reminder that Columbus never once set foot in North America.
uhhh

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5626 on: October 21, 2021, 02:35:54 PM »
North America is just a neoliberal construct created by conservatives to unit those in power and divide the natural socialistic tendencies of the human race.

Americus

AMERICUS

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5627 on: October 21, 2021, 02:36:19 PM »
This website is impossible to use on a phone. I don’t believe everyone anyone browses on the toilet.

- Sent from my iPhone
It's the zooming that makes the experience more engaging.
🤴

Kevtones

« Reply #5628 on: October 21, 2021, 02:49:13 PM »
Vikings were shitty, but in a 'civilizations' draft they'd go pretty high. Resourceful and always in the right place. Good at ransacking and staying warm.
wrong

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #5629 on: October 21, 2021, 02:58:47 PM »
Vikings were shitty, but in a 'civilizations' draft they'd go pretty high. Resourceful and always in the right place. Good at ransacking and staying warm.

Finally, we are ranking the races. 

sigh

marrec

« Reply #5630 on: October 21, 2021, 02:58:55 PM »
This website is impossible to use on a phone. I don’t believe everyone anyone browses on the toilet.

- Sent from my iPhone

Back in my day we had to work for a shit post, these kids with their scaling forums are soft babies.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #5631 on: October 21, 2021, 03:01:42 PM »

- Sent from my iPhone

Wait are you zooming on your phone or zooming your face into the bowl?

Clockwork5

« Reply #5632 on: October 21, 2021, 03:01:45 PM »
Cerium is the hero we all deserve. That crafty motherfucker has been the only one with a shred of common sense throughout the history of that organization, and he knew it.

Enjoy the cash homie! Thanks for the lols.

10centtacos

« Reply #5633 on: October 21, 2021, 03:07:34 PM »

- Sent from my iPhone
I have to turn my phone sideways and move the screen around to read it effectively. You gotta work for for those tldr Benji epics.

marrec

« Reply #5634 on: October 21, 2021, 03:25:12 PM »

- Sent from my iPhone
I have to turn my phone sideways and move the screen around to read it effectively. You gotta work for for those tldr Benji epics.

Just do like I do and sent his manifestos to the common access work printer. I have multiple co-workers who have subscribed to my Zine "Benji-Posts".

« Reply #5635 on: October 21, 2021, 03:35:56 PM »
I don’t see an implosion. I just see people continuing to leave/get banned in greater numbers than new joiners. Eventually MOBA will do something to piss off a few die hards causing them to leave and so on.

I think a showergate-like implosion is unlikely and it does seem like the trend is smaller implosions here and there.

It's just nuts to me how frequently they seem to happen.  On Gaf, there was what, like 3 community implosions over the span of 11 years (NBAgaf, Rockbandgaf and Popgaf)?  Correct me if I'm forgetting any.  On era, we've had 2 separate TransEra blow ups with 1 genuinely seeming like it could kill the site, an AsianEra blow up, PoliEra and SocialismEra nearly taking each other out, XboxEra and PCEra getting big enough hits to start their own small sites, and now SalesEra is just straight up dead and dragged along a chunk of NintendoEra so they can make their own decently-active separate sites as well.  Nearly triple the amount of issues as the site's predecessor in less than half the time.  And all the while this is going on, the staff don't reflect on it but rather continue to passive aggressively attack the userbase, almost guaranteeing it will happen again as the resentment continues to grow from both parties.

Like seriously, after every big controversy, I start thinking that'll be the end of it and the site will remain relatively stable for the foreseeable future, but I'm proven wrong over and over again.  If nothing else, it's interesting to speculate which community will be next.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5636 on: October 21, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
The funny thing is they apparently had discussed it "days" beforehand but nobody ever came up with the idea that B-Dubs (or someone) should handle responding to people and assuring them nothing would change and that was all they needed to do or say. Instead they all fell over one another to get outraged at the fact that members thought they should get paid and then turned it into a weird obsessive thing where they deliberately tried to derail the thread over and over again with prominent members rather than simply not responding. The latter of which is what they do in every other instance where members want to communicate with them.
Now to be fair, I would believe that the mods were simply that incompetent to not think of it.
Well, why wouldn't the entire community take Cerium at his word that nothing will change and it was entirely necessary to sell to a shady corporation for $4.5 million, "for his health" and that it would be a good thing for the mods not to get paid at all. The mods have all believed him completely for four years, why wouldn't the community that all loves him and respects him so much? Cerium is the greatest forum CEO ever, the best actually. He made the neogaf community great again.
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5637 on: October 21, 2021, 05:12:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-can%E2%80%99t-grasp-the-concept-of-time-dilation.503886/

I have been watching videos and readings articles but I’m still struggling understanding how time dilation occur.

I know that If an object moves 100mph while I’m standing still, the “real” speed of the object is 100mph.

If I’m moving 50 mph in the the same direction of said object, then the object is moving 50mph with respect to me.

The speed of light is constant so no matter how fast I’m moving(let’s say 90% of speed of light) the speed of light with respect to me will always be 186282mps and that’s were I get lost.

:what

Risible

« Reply #5638 on: October 21, 2021, 05:17:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-can%E2%80%99t-grasp-the-concept-of-time-dilation.503886/

I have been watching videos and readings articles but I’m still struggling understanding how time dilation occur.

I know that If an object moves 100mph while I’m standing still, the “real” speed of the object is 100mph.

If I’m moving 50 mph in the the same direction of said object, then the object is moving 50mph with respect to me.

The speed of light is constant so no matter how fast I’m moving(let’s say 90% of speed of light) the speed of light with respect to me will always be 186282mps and that’s were I get lost.

:what

It's like he read that far along Einstein's theory and then just stopped.  Spoiler - there's more.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5639 on: October 21, 2021, 05:30:38 PM »

- Sent from my iPhone
I keep my gaming rig in the toilet.