Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1829389 times)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #5640 on: October 21, 2021, 05:35:01 PM »
Can site staff clarify if this post will be left intact after banning them?
Oh shit I knew I forgot something. Gimme just a second to delete it.

Why don’t the users like us  ???

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #5641 on: October 21, 2021, 05:38:28 PM »
This website is impossible to use on a phone. I don’t believe everyone anyone browses on the toilet.

- Sent from my iPhone
I keep my gaming rig in the toilet.

fuckin baller

10centtacos

« Reply #5642 on: October 21, 2021, 06:01:43 PM »
The autism in the GAF thread is heating up

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-level-lames™-resetera-sold-to-m-o-b-a-network-for-usd-4-55-million.1621017/page-133#post-264869707

I got a reply back from one in LinkedIn (one of the board members) …she replied back in English and just said she will pass it onto someone who can give me more detailed info

I basically went in and said I was a shareholder and was asking why the company was purchasing a site that is being run by people that allow users to attack people they don’t like on the internet and bully others to suicide and I linked some of the Hecht (admin) promoting doxxing and some of their greatest hits threads wishing death to politicians/celebrities in quiet a long message

I also mentioned they ban discussion of some of the games they promote and was debating selling my shares as I don’t support helping people with these sorts of views/behaviours

I’m guessing she has an assistant who replies back for all communications as it was a different name but as I said…board members generally reply back to emails/messages with people …I’ll post back the official response I get

they all have LinkedIns…get cracking people
Board & Auditors - MOBA Network | Investor relations

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5643 on: October 21, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-level-lames™-resetera-sold-to-m-o-b-a-network-for-usd-4-55-million.1621017/page-133#post-264869707

I got a reply back from one in LinkedIn (one of the board members) …she replied back in English and just said she will pass it onto someone who can give me more detailed info

I basically went in and said I was a shareholder and was asking why the company was purchasing a site that is being run by people that allow users to attack people they don’t like on the internet and bully others to suicide and I linked some of the Hecht (admin) promoting doxxing and some of their greatest hits threads wishing death to politicians/celebrities in quiet a long message

I also mentioned they ban discussion of some of the games they promote and was debating selling my shares as I don’t support helping people with these sorts of views/behaviours

I’m guessing she has an assistant who replies back for all communications as it was a different name but as I said…board members generally reply back to emails/messages with people …I’ll post back the official response I get

If I understand this right they really bought some shares so they can complain  :lol

Come on, have some self respect

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5644 on: October 21, 2021, 06:13:25 PM »
This website is impossible to use on a phone. I don’t believe everyone anyone browses on the toilet.

- Sent from my iPhone

Back in the day, I actually set up one of those little TVs in my bathroom and would bring my Gamecube in there.

The handle was very useful.

Like the Nintendo-shack basement picture, but in a nice bathroom with windows and decent countertop.
:O

Propagandhim

« Reply #5645 on: October 21, 2021, 06:26:49 PM »

Turbo loser of the year

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5646 on: October 21, 2021, 06:30:44 PM »
why spoil the fun :idont
🤴

« Reply #5647 on: October 21, 2021, 06:34:12 PM »
TBH I expected the 'ratting Era out to board members' thing to happen, but I expected it to stem from somebody involved in whatever the next big community blowup is. It's way more entertaining if they're doing it to themselves.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #5648 on: October 21, 2021, 06:43:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/streamer-valkyrae-faces-backlash-for-new-gamer-skincare-range.503538/page-9#post-75662775

This is some clown shit. She should be humiliated by this grift

They really hate women on that site.

the real incels are the ones defending this lol.

ShutUp

« Reply #5649 on: October 21, 2021, 07:05:29 PM »
Hard to knock the hustle she has going  :playa

Just one more person making more than the Era janitors. No wonder why they are mad and jealous.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #5650 on: October 21, 2021, 07:10:21 PM »

- Sent from my iPhone

Back in the day, I actually set up one of those little TVs in my bathroom and would bring my Gamecube in there.

Like the Nintendo-shack basement picture, but in a nice bathroom with windows and decent countertop.

sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5651 on: October 21, 2021, 07:32:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-like-about-video-game-forum-resetera-dot-com.503349/

There seems to be quite a lot of negativity around things of late

:curious

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5652 on: October 21, 2021, 08:12:45 PM »
Edit: Added a poll for fun
:rodney
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5653 on: October 21, 2021, 08:22:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-like-about-video-game-forum-resetera-dot-com.503349/

There seems to be quite a lot of negativity around things of late

:curious

That's what they like about their forum? Makes sense.

10centtacos

« Reply #5654 on: October 21, 2021, 08:49:16 PM »
Wow the Media Create thread on Era was created at 1 PM this afternoon and it only has 30 replies. RIP sales discussion on Era.

Not even our boy Hecht can’t save it with his pity post.  :neogaf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/famitsu-sales-10-11-21-–-10-17-21-via-gematsu.503817/#post-75645705

Maiden Voyage

• Junior

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5656 on: October 21, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »
Wow the Media Create thread on Era was created at 1 PM this afternoon and it only has 30 replies. RIP sales discussion on Era.

Not even our boy Hecht can’t save it with his pity post.  :neogaf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/famitsu-sales-10-11-21-–-10-17-21-via-gematsu.503817/#post-75645705

The Media Create thread on InstallBase has 329 replies.

:kermit
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5657 on: October 21, 2021, 09:08:10 PM »

This is how Nintendo recommended bathroom playing with the GameCube :ufup

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #5658 on: October 21, 2021, 09:10:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-like-about-video-game-forum-resetera-dot-com.503349/page-5#post-75605013
Quote from: EggmaniMN
Honestly I don't know. People here shit all over tons of games I like in a manner that allows zero conversation, the older posters tend to be insufferable and miserable, I was accused of lying and gaslighting about my family in accessibility threads by mods and then made fun of, off-topic's filled with a bunch of rainbow capitalists and any time a thread gets posted about my profession all I get to read is people generalizing and shitting on what I do and work extremely hard at and inside jokes within the site are just completely unfunny.

News I guess?

Quote from: K.Jack
I was accused of lying and gaslighting about my family in accessibility threads by mods and then made fun of
I'm the only disabled mod that ever went the into accessibility thread warzones to try to save you and Mendinso from getting yourselves permed. You wanna clarify on this statement Eggman?

Sure, I said I had a brother and a mother who both had disabilities that I helped find games and that I had experience with the subject and Morrigan said I was lying and Transistor chimed in to make fun of the whole thing. I've got like 500 threads ignored so you'll have to excuse me from going to find the exact posts but it was in one of the earlier threads about the subject here.

I don't know what I would have gotten "permed" for in any of the accessibility threads because I've never been aggressive about anything in any of them.

I guess I'm going to get "permed" for this now though huh

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-like-about-video-game-forum-resetera-dot-com.503349/page-6#post-75617025
User banned (permanent): Inflammatory accusations and hostility against users and staff, while refusing to provide evidence. History of infractions for extreme hostility.
Quote from: K.Jack
Since you've publicly made these accusation, I pretty much had to actually query your interactions with Morrigan. I found that the two of you have never exchanged discourse on your family. I can share the three times you two directly spoke to each other if you'd like, for the record's sake.

Where do we go from here?
Given that Morrigan isn't even a mod at this point and no one's going to litigate over a thread that happened at least a year+ ago, it doesn't even really matter. Other than now just being attacked and I guess probably banned. I posted about my family, she absolutely said something to me to make me feel like she was calling me a liar and there wasn't anything more I could do about it at the time other than feel completely unwelcome here and it's persisted ever since. I've done my best to not interact with her instead.

Although "making accustations" after being publicly prompted by a mod for information in a bullish matter is some weird entrapment stuff too. I didn't have to say anything more and I chose to because I'm an open person.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 09:15:48 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #5659 on: October 21, 2021, 09:14:53 PM »
I knew K.Jack was disabled even though I'd never seen him post about it.

Too easy?

benjipwns

« Reply #5660 on: October 21, 2021, 09:21:34 PM »
Sure, I said I had a brother and a mother who both had disabilities that I helped find games and that I had experience with the subject and Morrigan said I was lying and Transistor chimed in to make fun of the whole thing. I've got like 500 threads ignored so you'll have to excuse me from going to find the exact posts but it was in one of the earlier threads about the subject here.

I don't know what I would have gotten "permed" for in any of the accessibility threads because I've never been aggressive about anything in any of them.

I guess I'm going to get "permed" for this now though huh
never acknowledge mods unless it's a playful little joke. you blew it.
:hesright

benjipwns

« Reply #5661 on: October 21, 2021, 09:22:50 PM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
don't even know anymore, this forum is kinda trash.

Lmao at all the "it's a non-toxic safespace!" "it feels welcoming!" "it's inclusive!" takes. Like pfffft, yeah suuuuure it is 🙄

I don't really understand where some of you people get the idea that this is some sort of non-toxic respite of the internet, when this is one of the most toxic forums around, with some of the shittiest mods I've ever seen. There are plenty of nice places if you look outside your bubble a bit, might just need make sure you curate the internet to your liking better.
This seems pretty toxic 😕
:spiders

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5662 on: October 21, 2021, 09:22:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vikings-beat-christopher-columbus-to-the-americas-by-471-years.503811/

Sorry Chris, you were LTTP.

Also, fuck him.

were uh pretty bad people too though. A bit of a race to the bottom, but I guess it's better than glorifying one guy.

You're just as late to the party as he was, OP.
:lol

Vikings weren't that bad. They would only fuck up your shit if you didn't pay to make them go away, and they were never responsible for a genocide.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #5663 on: October 21, 2021, 09:24:07 PM »
I'm here for the breaking news and unbiased presentation of updates. When stuff breaks here, it usually gets vetted and then its ERA > Internet > ERA.

benjipwns

« Reply #5664 on: October 21, 2021, 09:27:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-like-about-video-game-forum-resetera-dot-com.503349/page-6#post-75617025
Wasn't done with the ban:
You came into this thread, one meant to be positive and wholesome mind you, making incredibly incendiary accusations against other people without naming them. You're politely asked to clarify, and you call this "making accusations after being prompted in a bullish manner", despite having opened with said accusations completely unprompted to begin with. You then name me and Transistor (who, by the way, is still on staff) and repeat your disgusting lies, and when politely asked (twice) for even a shred of evidence, you flat out refuse and even call this "entrapment" and try to make a martyr out of yourself.

Pathetic. I'd almost call this... what's the word...
gaslighting
Yeah. That.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #5665 on: October 21, 2021, 09:28:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vikings-beat-christopher-columbus-to-the-americas-by-471-years.503811/

Sorry Chris, you were LTTP.

Also, fuck him.

were uh pretty bad people too though. A bit of a race to the bottom, but I guess it's better than glorifying one guy.

You're just as late to the party as he was, OP.
:lol

Vikings weren't that bad. They would only fuck up your shit if you didn't pay to make them go away, and they were never responsible for a genocide.

And those fucks got their ass booted off the continent by freaking indians!  Damn horn monkeys. Go home Svend, Newfoundland's full. 

Well that guy is banned now.  So I guess the mods were right again!  Batting a 1.00 at this point in being correct about things.
sigh

FUME5

« Reply #5666 on: October 21, 2021, 09:32:02 PM »
You don't have a dedicated tablet for the bathroom?

Plebs.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5667 on: October 21, 2021, 09:32:31 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5668 on: October 21, 2021, 09:32:45 PM »
Morrigan and EggmaniMN definitely interacted indirectly about game difficulty and accessibility in these threads:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-kid-is-mortified-that-the-final-section-of-cuphead-cant-be-reached.257985/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hope-demon%E2%80%99s-souls-has-a-casual-mode-so-i-can-enjoy-it.226279/page-26#post-36905812

Just seems that's it's a problem of an overly sensitive Reeeeesetera member coming into contact with the megacunt that is Morrigan.

Hopefully they both stub their toes today.
Spud

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #5669 on: October 21, 2021, 09:37:32 PM »
Believe victims only applies to people on our side.

Mediocre Lager

« Reply #5670 on: October 21, 2021, 09:39:13 PM »
Glad to see Morrigan is still banning people despite stepping down. Now she’s just working for free exactly the same as before.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 10:30:46 PM by Mediocre Lager »

clothedmacuser

« Reply #5671 on: October 21, 2021, 09:43:26 PM »
Stop banning yourself!  Stop banning yourself!  Stop banning yourself!

sigh

Tuckers Law

« Reply #5672 on: October 21, 2021, 09:50:12 PM »
This website is impossible to use on a phone. I don’t believe that anyone browses on the toilet.

- Sent from my iPhone

I use the print option and bring new pages with me when I need to use the toilet.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5673 on: October 21, 2021, 09:52:03 PM »
Morrigan and EggmaniMN definitely interacted indirectly about game difficulty and accessibility in these threads:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-kid-is-mortified-that-the-final-section-of-cuphead-cant-be-reached.257985/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hope-demon%E2%80%99s-souls-has-a-casual-mode-so-i-can-enjoy-it.226279/page-26#post-36905812

Just seems that's it's a problem of an overly sensitive Reeeeesetera member coming into contact with the megacunt that is Morrigan.

I don't see anything that he's talking about, though.

6/13/20:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hope-demon%E2%80%99s-souls-has-a-casual-mode-so-i-can-enjoy-it.226279/page-25#post-36903568
Quote from: Morrigan
Accessibility features != difficulty settings

It absolutely can be and you don't get to decide that. This has been discussed by Able Gamers and by plenty of accessibility advocates. This is immensely saddening to see coming from a mod.
There are different opinions on what accessibility features mean even among those advocates. Nothing saddening about pointing this out.

7/29/20:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-up-with-the-gatekeeping-or-git-gud-mentality-in-the-gaming-community-nowadays.258072/page-3#post-41096517
My brother is like this and it's something I've talked with him about for 30 years. People on this site get immensely ableist and dismissive, including some mods, if you dare try to say that changing difficulty stuff could help, completely ignoring first hand experience.

:idont

That seems to be all there was?
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #5674 on: October 21, 2021, 10:04:27 PM »
I found there's a lot of EggmaniMN posts where he comes into a thread (especially Souls-series threads), doesn't quote anything specific but rants about how everyone on the forum is an ablest bigot and complains that the moderators do nothing because they're the worst of the ablest bigots and it's all whataboutism gaslighting and then sometimes he mentions his disabled brother.

marrec

« Reply #5675 on: October 21, 2021, 10:08:00 PM »
You guys I think Morrigan might be a very bad person.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #5676 on: October 21, 2021, 10:10:33 PM »
Morrigan was trying to be nice for like 2 days last week but as you can see the effort didn't stick

marrec

« Reply #5677 on: October 21, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »
ERA staff is full of the type of very online people who immediately show they're nasty, angry, and bitter the moment they’re given any kind of power, real or imagined, over anyone else. Anything but constant flattery is met with immediate reprisal.

There are some good folk on the staff don’t get me wrong.

benjipwns

« Reply #5678 on: October 21, 2021, 10:18:54 PM »
ERA staff is full of the type of very online people who immediately show they're nasty, angry, and bitter the moment they’re given any kind of power, real or imagined, over anyone else. Anything but constant flattery is met with immediate reprisal.

NoT aLl CoPs

bootlicker

benjipwns

« Reply #5679 on: October 21, 2021, 10:20:55 PM »
DEFUND THE MODS AND K...

oh wait

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5680 on: October 21, 2021, 10:22:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-147#post-75668679

Quote from: breakfuss
Quote from: Rover
Can site staff clarify if this post will be left intact after banning them?
:sabu

You serious? Pretty clear a few of the mods can be petty af so I don't know why it comes as a shock this person got sniped for promoting some otherworldly utopian, "inclusive" wonderland shit. Imagine walking into Target and telling fools standing in line to come peep the deals on Purina cat chow at Wal-Mart. Breh wrote a whole very heartfelt, eloquent 95,000-word manifesto and his ass still got banned immediately lmfao. And truthfully I see where he was coming from but I'm against another exodus. Yes, I want more transparency. More staff engagement and accountability, as evidenced by my prior posts. But I do not like how it went down last time with GAF. No more splintering communities, please.
OBE

marrec

« Reply #5681 on: October 21, 2021, 10:24:57 PM »
DEFUND THE MODS AND K...

oh wait

AMAB

This is the rare case where paying the cops would definitely make them less likely to kill some innocent bystander

Taco Bell Tower

Propagandhim

« Reply #5683 on: October 21, 2021, 10:42:44 PM »
Quote from: Slayven
Let me tell you, I brough a refurbish pair of Sennheiser's for 20 bucks. Best headphones i ever owned. Last 5 years then the cord started to short

:goty2

I'm legitimately down to never make fun of Slayven ever again.

benjipwns

Switters

« Reply #5685 on: October 21, 2021, 10:53:09 PM »
Taco Bell Tower
troll

10centtacos

« Reply #5686 on: October 21, 2021, 11:06:50 PM »
Let me tell you, I brough a refurbish pair of Sennheiser's for 20 bucks. Best headphones i ever owned. Last 5 years then the cord started to short

What’s wrong with him? I don’t remember him being like that on GAF. It’s like his brain is turning to mush.

FUME5

« Reply #5687 on: October 21, 2021, 11:10:43 PM »
Decades of consuming marvel shit.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #5688 on: October 21, 2021, 11:30:11 PM »

What’s wrong with him? I don’t remember him being like that on GAF. It’s like his brain is turning to mush.

That’s what happens when you have B-Chuds and Cerium as your therapists  :trumps
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5689 on: October 21, 2021, 11:39:17 PM »

I don't see anything that he's talking about, though.

6/13/20:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hope-demon%E2%80%99s-souls-has-a-casual-mode-so-i-can-enjoy-it.226279/page-25#post-36903568
Accessibility features != difficulty settings

It absolutely can be and you don't get to decide that. This has been discussed by Able Gamers and by plenty of accessibility advocates. This is immensely saddening to see coming from a mod.
There are different opinions on what accessibility features mean even among those advocates. Nothing saddening about pointing this out.

7/29/20:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-up-with-the-gatekeeping-or-git-gud-mentality-in-the-gaming-community-nowadays.258072/page-3#post-41096517
My brother is like this and it's something I've talked with him about for 30 years. People on this site get immensely ableist and dismissive, including some mods, if you dare try to say that changing difficulty stuff could help, completely ignoring first hand experience.

:idont

That seems to be all there was?
Yeah, I couldn't find anything direct either. Just some typical overly sensitive Reeeeesetera dimwit and Morrigan being an arrogant cunt to everyone.

Most people would just ignore her and move on with their lives, but this guy just had to  :gamergate
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5690 on: October 21, 2021, 11:40:56 PM »

Which ones?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5691 on: October 21, 2021, 11:45:21 PM »

That's what happens when all you read is comic books and Reeeeesetera
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #5692 on: October 21, 2021, 11:51:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alec-baldwin-%E2%80%9Cdischarged%E2%80%9D-prop-gun-that-killed-%E2%80%98rust%E2%80%99-cinematographer-injured-director.504039/page-3

Quote from: BossAttack
And? Why was a prop gun able to kill? Was Alec scripted to point and fire it at a crewmember or was he dicking around? If the prop wasn't supposed to be dangerous, who was responsible for making it dangerous? Were safety procedures followed on set? If not, why not? Is there a history of this behavior with Alex? With the prop department?

A history of murder behavior?

benjipwns

« Reply #5693 on: October 21, 2021, 11:52:26 PM »
Rochellepaws posted these two questions back on page 80. Nepenthe called them fair.

1)There's a general perception that that site was owned by several stakeholders, what was the timeline of ownership and how did he became the solo owner. Who were the other stakeholders, what offers were made to them and for what reason?

2) Why did he choose to sell it to corporations as opposed to seeking a successor within the community? His initial introduction message to us was "Everything we do begins and ends with the community.", how does selling to an investor group achieve this?

I believe they're still fair. They would require The Former to come back or staff to relay his message.
He's sleeping now, resting, off to the big farm in the sky.

benjipwns

« Reply #5694 on: October 22, 2021, 12:03:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alec-baldwin-%E2%80%9Cdischarged%E2%80%9D-prop-gun-that-killed-%E2%80%98rust%E2%80%99-cinematographer-injured-director.504039/page-3

And? Why was a prop gun able to kill? Was Alec scripted to point and fire it at a crewmember or was he dicking around? If the prop wasn't supposed to be dangerous, who was responsible for making it dangerous? Were safety procedures followed on set? If not, why not? Is there a history of this behavior with Alex? With the prop department?

A history of murder behavior?
He should try thinking of Alec as his son, give him time to get away from the authorities, etc.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5695 on: October 22, 2021, 12:07:50 AM »
"Were safety procedures followed on set?"

Yes, murdering someone was in the script.   :brain

benjipwns

« Reply #5696 on: October 22, 2021, 12:16:41 AM »
Is there a history of Alec causing accidental deaths on set?

The question would be whether he has a history of ignoring safety protocols, but again no facts. So far seems like a prop department screw up, and a massive one at that.
Does he think Alec Baldwin intentionally shot these people?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:hmm
[close]

Propagandhim

« Reply #5697 on: October 22, 2021, 12:20:17 AM »
"I have deduced it was a prop screw up!"

Propagandhim

« Reply #5698 on: October 22, 2021, 12:28:15 AM »
Edit: you know what, I don't care.  I'm going to bed.
 :snore :boring

benjipwns

« Reply #5699 on: October 22, 2021, 12:37:23 AM »
From the twitter thread linked in that thread, this dude is definitely going to WAIT FOR THE FACTS:
https://twitter.com/derbybbb/status/1451390921338236937