Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1829219 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #5880 on: October 24, 2021, 08:44:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/woman-goes-undercover-in-maga-for-a-year-has-tapes.504927/
Oh wow.

I dated this girl.

It's really a small world. She's not a grifter and was an activist for years, especially in the Baltimore area.
Agreed. It's a bit surreal reading the thread, sure. But I wanted to offer that, at least from my perspective, she has sufficient bona fides to not be a grifter.
Grifter confirmed.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #5881 on: October 24, 2021, 08:49:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/woman-goes-undercover-in-maga-for-a-year-has-tapes.504927/
Oh wow.

I dated this girl.

It's really a small world. She's not a grifter and was an activist for years, especially in the Baltimore area.
Agreed. It's a bit surreal reading the thread, sure. But I wanted to offer that, at least from my perspective, she has sufficient bona fides to not be a grifter.
Grifter confirmed.

It’s literally what a journalist does.

Royalan:
This is why I referenced NYT/WP.

We have reached the point of the obvious being SO obvious that we actually do lambast journalists who do this. There are multiple threads where we shit on journalists for still thinking there's worth in mining the middle class white MAGA diner goer for their opinions on anything. There's isn't. We know.

She gets no points. This is not a fresh idea. She's not brave. This is not useful.

And for some reason, we continue to look for reasons to give boring white racists and those who sympathize with them all the attention they crave.

It's tired. Tired and useless.

???

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5882 on: October 24, 2021, 09:11:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/the_cancel_mob/status/1452415159859912716

Calling her family members to do background for a story, wow. What an invasion of privacy. Do these so-called reporters have no shame.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5883 on: October 24, 2021, 09:20:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-era-get-me-out-of-a-bubble.505059/

Only on Resetera.com that has users encourage people who do crack to play it safe next time  :lol

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5884 on: October 24, 2021, 09:45:18 PM »
Just turn the phone to silent lol.  Or if it’s a landline even better just unplug the damn thing like you should have done 10 years ago

benjipwns

« Reply #5885 on: October 24, 2021, 10:00:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/the_cancel_mob/status/1452407285335138314

so she's weirdly targeting two of the most prominent anti-QAnon reporters on Twitter, neither of whom seem to have ever mentioned her :hmm

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #5887 on: October 24, 2021, 10:25:24 PM »
We have several 🧵-marks about this. I’d say there’s no privilege for anyone to just ignore those. If you had read those, you would know that by now - actually by one week ago - the mods are tired of explaining again and again that payment was not in any way an issue, not wanted and shouldn’t be further raised as a concern in regards to this topic..

Not true, but the threadmark was never updated with this clarification.

Summary 1?
Like, as if it’s threadmarked for fun. You would‘ve found it immediately if you tried.

You seem to be confused. I asked the author of the Summary 1 threadmark to clarify that it was not a unanimous decison by the staff. It still hasn't been updated.

I’d go with what is available and there clearly is something available. By now we probably would’ve heard something different I guess. The summaries alone are definitely well written enough to read the room.
Wow, BIPOC staff erasure.

And this is the kind of thing Royalan supports smh

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5888 on: October 25, 2021, 12:13:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-era-get-me-out-of-a-bubble.505059/

Only on Resetera.com that has users encourage people who do crack to play it safe next time  :lol
:rash

ShutUp

« Reply #5889 on: October 25, 2021, 12:18:32 AM »
Add that incel filled thread to the list of “wow does Era fucking hate women” list

Also note the number of white people in that thread going “fucking white people AM I RIGHT”. These people have no dignity to speak of, embarrassing. I guess thats what happens when you spend 24/7 letting the BCT tell you are a cracker who is racist just because you are white and have no backbone to challenge their bullshit.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #5890 on: October 25, 2021, 12:28:27 AM »
That Johnny Cage poster in that Valkyrae thread most definitely hates women. Good grief.

Johnny Cage in the Shower? Huh, thought he was banned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75822708

Why don't you elaborate for us roy?

Isn't it obvious, only a racist would want a black guy to get paid for his time.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5891 on: October 25, 2021, 12:34:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alec-baldwin-%E2%80%9Cdischarged%E2%80%9D-prop-gun-that-killed-%E2%80%98rust%E2%80%99-cinematographer-injured-director.504039/page-13#post-75730089

User Banned (1 week): inappropriate and conspiratorial speculation on a sensitive topic
Quote from: MinusTydus
Police need to speak with that prop master.

Why would a real bullet be anywhere near a movie set unless someone deliberately put it there?

Is it possible that someone on the set with access to that gun had a grudge against Baldwin for portraying Trump on SNL?
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #5892 on: October 25, 2021, 02:58:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ubisoft-every-software-you-use-on-your-pc-breaks-our-games-not-our-fault.505053/
Quote from: May, Verified
Weird thread. All these things can interfere with -ANY- game. Does not mean they do, just they can. They're pointing it out to give people first steps when they're trying to troubleshoot some issues.

God damn "bitch eating crackers" syndrome on this forum sometimes.
Quote from: elenarie, Verified
Yea, not sure what this thread is going after. The post and the information makes sense.

* 4 categories in there try to interfere with and inject into the renderer and are known to cause crashes that devs sometimes have to work around.
* virtualisation can obviously install not great drivers and interfere with networking as it can create very weird NAT setups if set up badly.
* VPN and similar apps completely change the underlying networking infrastructure on the machine.
* p2p apps can congest traffic on the PC, breaking matchmaking rules and similar gates that have been set to provide a better experience.
* voip apps can also inject into the renderer by doing picture in picture.

The info makes sense.

This place could really use less shit posting like this thread.
Yes, all those programs are likely to interfere with games.

And what on earth is that thread title and shitty interpretation by OP?
probably a bunch of people who aren't primarily pc gamers, probably a bunch of people who aren't used to debugging pc games, and probably some people want to air grievances with ubisoft. because again, this is absolutely not new or unique.
Most of these things make perfect sense as to possibly interfering with a game.
All this is just a basic ass article on troubleshooting game issues. I’d do the same thing if it’s some weird stuff going on. Esp when you have stuff that may take resources randomly or get prioritized in you OS.

tweet says:
If you are experiencing performance issues or crashing while playing on PC, third-party software may be the underlying cause.

yall:
ubisoft says this is the reason why their game isn’t performing well!!!

It’s like some of you just look for random as shit to be upset about from the most banal stuff lol. Even the title of this thread is greatly exaggerating what is even being conveyed.
Knurek : Everything Ubisoft says is dumb, it's not me that acts in bad faith.
Quote from: elenarie, Verified
Shit like this is why less and less devs hang around here. Congrats on making this an even less welcoming place.
This post is just a lame attempt at sticking it to Ubisoft with "lazy dev" rhetoric.
:fbm

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5893 on: October 25, 2021, 03:00:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eternals-reviews-up-embargo-ended-10-24.505020/page-8#post-75820608

ZeoVagina
Yeah, I think I'm done here. I clearly fell for a troll account and I feel silly.

:lol

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5894 on: October 25, 2021, 04:46:31 AM »
The guys reply is also very great.

I'm not a troll, just have a different view than you. But you do seem to have trouble understanding the difference between your own opinion and what a fact is. You seem extremely emotionally invested into the Marvel brand and dont see much beyond protecting said brand in conversation. So I am fine with ending the conversation here.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5895 on: October 25, 2021, 04:53:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hard-mode-is-the-way-x-game-is-meant-to-be-played.504546/#post-75737466

User Banned (3 days): drive-by; antagonizing other users
Quote from: Pop-O-Matic
It's just hardcore gamer circle-jerkery to make themselves feel superior to the casual plebs actually playing games for fun instead of doing so to prove their gamer cred. Like, there's a reason normal mode is called "NORMAL" mode, FFS.

PS. Soulsbournekiring games need an easy mode, and if they ruin the hard mode for you...even better.
:badass

OBE

Snoopycat_

« Reply #5896 on: October 25, 2021, 05:23:37 AM »
Does this guy ever stop sucking mod cock?

I trust the mods when they say the site won't be opened up for registration with any old email, but it does make me curious as to how MOBA thinks they can grow the site/user numbers

I don't think I've ever seen a post where he isn't crawling up their arses

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-149

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5897 on: October 25, 2021, 05:28:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eternals-reviews-up-embargo-ended-10-24.505020/page-11#post-75834963

ZeoVagina
Those people -- the ones acting as if this is a disaster or referring to it as a "bust" -- know what they're doing. They see a chance to take shots at the MCU because the streak of consistently well-reviewed movies has finally been broken... by a movie that is getting mixed/divisive reviews at worst.

Based on the text of many of these reviews, my guess is that this film ends up having a number of people even here on Era who think it is one of the best MCU films and a lot of people who truly despise it.

It clearly isn't going to be a near-universally beloved film like Endgame but it's not going to some weird meme as The Dark World became. I feel like Eternals is going to be a truly divisive film. Some will, unfortunately and predictably, spin that into the film being a failure.

:trigger

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5898 on: October 25, 2021, 05:51:56 AM »
Super hero movies is where the veterans of the console wars went to die.
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5899 on: October 25, 2021, 05:54:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-149#post-75838572

Quote from: Queen Vulpix
Quote from: oni-link
One of the crazy things I just noticed is that after year 1, we had 41k members, and in the 3 years since that we've only added another 13k, to take us to 54k

That's a huge migration, and since then we've only added to that with another 4k members a year

I only know this because I've made the Era anniversary threads and have made a note of the members and post count each year, and I just updated the current thread with the newest info

I trust the mods when they say the site won't be opened up for registration with any old email, but it does make me curious as to how MOBA thinks they can grow the site/user numbers

I guess they'll push the site in other ways to try and increase legitimate sign ups?
Interestingly enough going by user numbers there have been over 100,000 accounts made so far. The first half of July this year that number hit 100k. As of this month there’s roughly 104k/105k-ish accounts.

105 000(total accounts) - 54 000(accounts active) = 51 000(bans)?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 05:59:26 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5900 on: October 25, 2021, 06:25:27 AM »
Don't forget mod alts

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5901 on: October 25, 2021, 07:36:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-149#post-75838572

One of the crazy things I just noticed is that after year 1, we had 41k members, and in the 3 years since that we've only added another 13k, to take us to 54k

That's a huge migration, and since then we've only added to that with another 4k members a year

I only know this because I've made the Era anniversary threads and have made a note of the members and post count each year, and I just updated the current thread with the newest info

I guess they'll push the site in other ways to try and increase legitimate sign ups?
Interestingly enough going by user numbers there have been over 100,000 accounts made so far. The first half of July this year that number hit 100k. As of this month there’s roughly 104k/105k-ish accounts.

if only we had the ban bot online, that could tell us via the chart.

benjipwns

« Reply #5902 on: October 25, 2021, 07:42:12 AM »
sigh.... day eleven
I get it, capitalism, mods choose to do this voluntarily etc, but on the presumption Cerium has/will net the bulk if not all of that $4.5m, that sure is shitty, especially for a site that routinely espouses support for work ethics, equality, fairness, other liberal virtues etc.

The decent thing for Cerium to do would be to offer some sort of payment/bonus to each mod that helped during the 4 years. Having variable pay outs as per the time they've been a mod etc is fair too.

I would certainly also be interested to learn the details or circumstances around how the shares from the previous Era shareholders/co-owners were purchased or acquired by Cerium, and also for how much.
Pretty much where I stand on this. The site was founded as a community effort (albeit only 0.1% actually “done” something to contribute to the creation and migration). So for one individual to hold the keys and just make off with $4.5m with no community input is absurd.

I, and imagine most of the community, thank Cerium for his efforts of taking us this far and the work he and others have put in - but this sale makes him look opportunistic who seized an opportunity for a pay day. He used the Gaf drama and community for his own benefit.

Whatever the mods public opinion on receiving payment has been covered and there’s no point reiterating that. However their attitude to this entire thing has been very poor; I understand they’re frustrated of going in circles explaining things over and over but they’re basically just laughing at the community now. It’s a complete and utter disregard and it isn’t even holding a professional party line.

We as a community aren’t owed anything, we’re just a commodity and have zero say or importance to the team is how this comes across in this thread.

I’m not doom and gloom, they aren’t suddenly going turn it into a far-right forum, have 20 pop ups, or whatever ludicrous thing other people have suggested - but the sheer fact it isn’t “one of us” owning and operating the site is a kick in the teeth of the community.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5903 on: October 25, 2021, 07:57:30 AM »
Cerium never considered himself "one of us", so why would it matter if the new owners do?
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #5904 on: October 25, 2021, 08:09:21 AM »
It's adorable they think posting about decency is going to guilt Cerium into handing over any of his free swag.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5905 on: October 25, 2021, 08:11:07 AM »
Quote from: Cerium
To clarify: When we first started the site, a couple other people had ownership shares. As the other founders retired, those who had shares sold them to me, until I ended up as the last one standing.

Gotta love the way he describes his plan to buy everyone out.  He just found himself, all alone, da last wittle boy with the whole stake after all my fwends retired within 1 year :( .  I bet numbnuts Royalan was the first one to buy that story.  Cerium is my best friend, after he made that four and a half million, he offered to take me to Jamba Juice if he ever visited me.  He said he'd come visit.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:15:38 AM by Propagandhim »

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #5906 on: October 25, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »

I would guess some of those (inactive) accounts may be unapproved users, spam bots, non-premium email so never apporved, etc?

The posts per day/hour stats were funny. Every year, posts per hour have dropped. Even during corona (year 4), when online shit was booming:

From these threads, you can see these posts I made checking in on the post/member count each year:

Year 1:

14,152,257 posts in one year, or 1,179,354 a month, or 38,773 a day, or 1,615 an hour

With 41,336 members that means the average member has posted just 342 posts, which is under 1 a day on average

Year 2:

25,733,261 posts in two years, which is an average of 1,072,219 a month, or 35,270 a day, or 1,469 an hour

With 48,264 members that means the average member has posted 533 posts

Year 3:

We're currently on 36,738,116 posts in 3 years, which is an average of 1,020,503 a month, or 33,550 posts a day, or 1,397 posts an hour

We're on 52,004 members, which means the average member has posted 706 times

Year 4:

This means we're on an average of 949,391 posts a month, 31,212 posts a day, or 1,300 posts an hour

The average poster has therefore made 836 posts

Edit: Wait, he just averaged cumulative posts. Thought he was averaging yearly posts. Disregard Brb leasing a Nissan Versa because I can't read.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:15:55 AM by who is ted danson? »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5907 on: October 25, 2021, 08:17:15 AM »
if only we had the ban bot online, that could tell us via the chart.

Banbot is currently online.
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #5908 on: October 25, 2021, 08:18:36 AM »
The average poster has therefore made 836 posts

The problem with using averages instead of median. 

FUME5

« Reply #5909 on: October 25, 2021, 08:48:11 AM »
It's adorable they think posting about decency is going to guilt Cerium into handing over any of his free swag.

(Image removed from quote.)

what in the furry hell is this

Drainage

« Reply #5910 on: October 25, 2021, 08:54:05 AM »
Anyone familiar with ree knows you need to spam posts in nintenyearold sales threads until you reach a few thousand or you’ll be banned as a “troll account” the first time you post something that doesn’t exactly align with the mods worldview.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5911 on: October 25, 2021, 09:11:21 AM »
yoo this thread is poppin

never seen so many pages of posts with "and x more people like this" :rejoice
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5912 on: October 25, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »
I don't know who this woman is. Never heard of her before, but just following this thread and story since yesterday, and after watching this two minutes of video, honestly I understand everything about this person.

Yikes, this is how WOC creatives are treated on Resetera?
©@©™

marrec

« Reply #5913 on: October 25, 2021, 09:41:47 AM »
I don't know who this woman is. Never heard of her before, but just following this thread and story since yesterday, and after watching this two minutes of video, honestly I understand everything about this person. It's a good body language and character study video.
In just over two minutes, she displays false pride, arrogance, denial and plea of ignorance. Instead of actually giving her fans some real and honest answers.

She hasn't learned a thing or at least refuses to listen to anyone through her lack of humility.

Her true Naïveté comes through her lack of self-awareness. It's no excuse though. She planned this for two years she says. She's not that stupid to not realize there is NO science to back up this product, she had two years to figure that much out for Pete's sake! lol!!

This woman is just stupid enough to let her pride and greed to continue to dictate her position in all this mess, and that's plenty stupid.

You'd also think, when one's venturing into a business deal as a "co partner/founder" or whatever... that involves hundreds and thousands of dollars, they may be wise enough to have a business lawyer and get proper counsel instead of digging themselves deeper into this silly mess.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/streamer-valkyrae-faces-backlash-for-new-gamer-skincare-range.503538/post-75804858
 :snob

Okay this post is legitimately concerning and definitely borders on misogynist but since we're here to have fun:

This creep says they've learned everything they need to know about someone after watching a video for two minutes because "It's a good body language and character study video."

And then goes on to insinuate that she's stupid for not realizing there's no science to back the product.

After claiming to study her body language in order to learn everything they need to know about them.

Any then has the audacity to claim she lacks self-awareness.

I've learned everything I need to know about Johnny Cage itS from reading their post for two minutes.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5914 on: October 25, 2021, 09:50:03 AM »
yoo this thread is poppin

never seen so many pages of posts with "and x more people like this" :rejoice

It's about time we turn forum likes into cryptocurrency

benjipwns

« Reply #5915 on: October 25, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
Honestly at this point, I think the Congesssional committee should end and recommend that those involved with the insurrection be given criminal charges and the military should take over the investigation.

Every Republican in Congress and protestor who attacked the Capitol that participated should be considered enemy combatants and no different than a foreign country attacking the US. Their citizenship should be stripped as well as their title and rank in Congress. If they don’t like that, well they need to stop breaking the law and give up their sources. The Republicans are more scared of their base than any consequences from DOJ or Congress.

Otherwise, the next time there’s an election and Republicans lose, they won’t recognize the result and will continue to presume office or worse and there’s another attack to prevent certification.
Absolutely.
I like the way you think but won’t hold my breath waiting for anything meaningful to happen.
This is what *should* happen. It won't, but it should.

Mostima

« Reply #5916 on: October 25, 2021, 10:05:13 AM »
All it took was for a bunch of MAGA hicks to break a few windows for restera to suddenly become actual fascists.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5917 on: October 25, 2021, 10:06:33 AM »
Also revoke Benji's Sealand citizenship while we're at it, he doesn't even go there!
©@©™

Risible

« Reply #5918 on: October 25, 2021, 10:09:21 AM »
The guys reply is also very great.

I'm not a troll, just have a different view than you. But you do seem to have trouble understanding the difference between your own opinion and what a fact is. You seem extremely emotionally invested into the Marvel brand and dont see much beyond protecting said brand in conversation. So I am fine with ending the conversation here.

He straight up fucking murdered him.  "I'm not a troll, I just have a different view than you" is something everyone on Era needs to hear and understand.

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

Vertigo

« Reply #5920 on: October 25, 2021, 10:33:22 AM »
Quote from: ZeoVGM, post: 75843021, member: 1119
Some of y'all legitimately create an alternate reality in your mind.

Pot / kettle etc

Hardcore Disney/MCU shills like ZeoVGM literally cant take when people criticise Disney properties. Even lightly.

And always fun when RT scores which Reee mods and protected posters weaponise on non Disney movies give us delicious meltdowns like this.

Whats the likelihood that unlike on say, DC movies we won't get constant RT score updates in the thread title
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:14:08 PM by Vertigo »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5921 on: October 25, 2021, 10:36:51 AM »
Honestly at this point, I think the Congesssional committee should end and recommend that those involved with the insurrection be given criminal charges and the military should take over the investigation.

Every Republican in Congress and protestor who attacked the Capitol that participated should be considered enemy combatants and no different than a foreign country attacking the US. Their citizenship should be stripped as well as their title and rank in Congress. If they don’t like that, well they need to stop breaking the law and give up their sources. The Republicans are more scared of their base than any consequences from DOJ or Congress.

Otherwise, the next time there’s an election and Republicans lose, they won’t recognize the result and will continue to presume office or worse and there’s another attack to prevent certification.
Absolutely.
I like the way you think but won’t hold my breath waiting for anything meaningful to happen.

a reminder: prior to Jan 6 era was in favor of their own becoming "enemy combatants"

Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #5922 on: October 25, 2021, 10:47:28 AM »
Riots are only ever okay if it's for a cause our side believes in.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5923 on: October 25, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »

Absolutely.

Also, those 'enemy combatants' should be force-fed castor oil as punishment.  I think i read that in a book somewhere.

benjipwns

« Reply #5924 on: October 25, 2021, 10:49:54 AM »
Could Biden use the insurrection act to simply send in the national guard to arrest the insurrectionists completely legally?
:notlikethis

Propagandhim

« Reply #5925 on: October 25, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »
:dead

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5926 on: October 25, 2021, 10:58:41 AM »
even as shitty as they all were, generations and nemesis were better than insurrection
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #5927 on: October 25, 2021, 11:00:50 AM »
even as shitty as they all were, generations and nemesis were better than insurrection

Secretary of Defense, arrest this man.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5928 on: October 25, 2021, 11:01:19 AM »
biden should invoke the nemesis act which involves replacing all the maga rioters with tom hardy clones
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #5929 on: October 25, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »
:jeanluc

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5930 on: October 25, 2021, 11:11:21 AM »
this is confirmed by the venerable website collider, it's science
Uncle

jorma

« Reply #5931 on: October 25, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »

Absolutely.

I remember this kind of talk from way back, but i'm pretty sure that back then it involved those UN troops Obama invited in order to create a personal army so he could take over america for ever.  :trumps

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #5932 on: October 25, 2021, 01:45:53 PM »

I dunno, Generations was pretty goddamn bad.  Man I was hyped for that movie, too.  Had the battle damaged Enterprise toy, fat Kirk action figure and all that shit. 

Tuckers Law

« Reply #5933 on: October 25, 2021, 02:18:16 PM »
Insurrection is fine, it’s dumb but so are all the TNG movies.  Generations was terrible and Nemesis was fucking pants.  First contact is the only decent TNG movie, and it still is lesser than most of the TOS movies.

marrec

« Reply #5934 on: October 25, 2021, 03:20:36 PM »
Insurrection is fine

Yes hello FBI I found another Jan 6 guy

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5935 on: October 25, 2021, 03:57:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/today-in-bad-titles-politico-how-the-rise-of-the-%E2%80%98softboy%E2%80%99-fueled-the-culture-wars.505350/#post-75859875

Wouldn't it be amazing if we'd actually eliminated toxic masculinity from society back in 1999?

Oh, the irony.

Not giving that shit opinion piece any clicks.

I'm a big hard rock fan and with its blues roots it was never even that "aggro", especially compared to much of the stuff that came out since 2000.

This is just another insecure guy looking for answers in all the wrong places.

Also, isn't conservative, right-wing, corporate-bootlicking publisher Springer about to buy Politico? Or maybe it already happened recently.

Edit: Just looked it up... they completed the acquisition 6 days ago. And now we see Breitbart-quotes in their articles. Go figure.

"Not giving them clicks!"
"... just looked it up"

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5936 on: October 25, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ubisoft-every-software-you-use-on-your-pc-breaks-our-games-not-our-fault-support-lists-apps-that-may-be-causing-performance-issues-with-your-game.505053/page-3#post-75840180

My only premise is that if discord COULD affect your game so much that you would recommend disabling it then your game is not worth playing to ME.

:badass

BikeJesus

« Reply #5937 on: October 25, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ubisoft-every-software-you-use-on-your-pc-breaks-our-games-not-our-fault-support-lists-apps-that-may-be-causing-performance-issues-with-your-game.505053/post-75821631

Quote from: developer at dice
Shit like this is why less and less devs hang around here. Congrats on making this an even less welcoming place.

https://resetera.com//threads/psa-hdr-on-the-pc.114030/post-20272770

Quote from:  same person
The most distinguished mentally-challenged part is that some "smartass" monitors do their own fake HDR crap that can't be easily disabled. No names due to reasons, but holy hell, never using monitors from those vendors again. :)

Nice

https://resetera.com//threads/devil-may-cry-5-pc-release-date-removed-from-steam-store-update-still-coming-out-march-8th.101517/post-18226472

Please do it. :) Anything that breaks those gentle hearts

ShutUp

« Reply #5938 on: October 25, 2021, 04:52:37 PM »
Chappelle willing to talk to the trans community but not gonna bend to any demands, oh boy thats bound to be a great thread now that its posted on Era. 

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5939 on: October 25, 2021, 05:01:57 PM »
Chappelle willing to talk to the trans community but not gonna bend to any demands, oh boy thats bound to be a great thread now that its posted on Era.

Not bending to demands means your admitting you won't even listen to what they have to say