Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828211 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #6060 on: October 26, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-the-hell-are-there-so-many-terf%E2%80%99s.505716/

"Why does my bubble keep pushing the same type of news stories from the same few sources and the same few social media commentators?"
:thinking

ShutUp

« Reply #6061 on: October 26, 2021, 12:57:11 PM »
Terfs is the word they shall now run into the ground to describe anyone they don’t like.

marrec

« Reply #6062 on: October 26, 2021, 01:04:48 PM »
I don't want to be a hateful mean person, I want to be thoughtful and just to be able to question things, because everything ought to be able to be questioned

something that's always been bugging me about all this stuff is that "trans women are women" and yet they seem to not want to be referred to as women, they are trans first

early on in this conversation, maybe 2014, everyone kept saying that it triggered a dysphoric reaction, a mental anguish, to be thought of as trans, because that implies "used to be male" and that shouldn't be part of the conversation or thought process at all, just say "woman"

mass effect andromeda was problematic because a trans person outs themselves immediately to a total stranger (the player) and says yep I used to be a guy but now who I am feels right, and supposedly no trans person would ever want to acknowledge such a thing because it's painful

now every trans person identifies specifically as trans, jettisoning any idea that to say so is personally hurtful at all

did everyone just forget about this?  is dysphoria even a thing anymore?

Serious answer: dysphoria is still a thing and trans women are women (trans men are men) in as much as society allows them to be women. The proliferation of bathroom bills, sports bans, and right wing talking points in general around trans people makes it difficult for them to just be women/men without having to move through life as "trans" women/men. I'm sure many of them would much rather just be women/men and forget the whole "transition" thing.

Less serious answer (which is also serious): Trans women are women until the "trans" identifier can be used for any kind of advantage, normally online for oppression olympics or to make themselves feel part of a community in one way or another. Very Online trans people cannot extract the "trans" part of their identity from their public personification.

It really does seem that the dreadfully online activists are also the ones pushing 'self identification' as the be-all and end-all solution as an opt-in protected class checkbox without any medical or legal oversight, despite having both fairly major medical and legal implications.
I mean, if I was taking a cocktail of over the counter medicines for reasons entirely unrelated to the conditions they were intended for, it would seem obvious to me I'd want, you know, an actual doctor to let me know the risks of that rather then twitter / reddit randos.

One of those schisms we were talking about, you'll often see older trans people take issue with younger trans people who say they will not be making a transition... but the way Being Online has changed our identity kind of necessitates a simple self-identification solution rather than one that has any kind of risk associated.

Trans in the tweets, cis in the streets.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6063 on: October 26, 2021, 01:05:58 PM »
All lesbians must consume one load of cum to prove they are allies
:O

marrec

« Reply #6064 on: October 26, 2021, 01:09:52 PM »
The irony hipocrisy is so huge about how much terfs talk about how trans people are denying lesbian identity, but if you say you dated trans women they will INSTANTLY say you are bisexual, no matter how many times you say you are a lesbian.

Turns out I'm not a TERF today! Check back tomorrow for updates.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6065 on: October 26, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »
in all 3 holes  :)

marrec

« Reply #6066 on: October 26, 2021, 01:15:53 PM »
You know what, I retract everything I said up to this point, BBC are TERFs, lesbians should date and fuck Trans Women without reservation, and Margaret Atwood is a hack.

*this post brought to you by Filler's abject joy at the recent discussion*

Hermit

« Reply #6067 on: October 26, 2021, 01:16:31 PM »
:mouf

marrec

« Reply #6068 on: October 26, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »
Whether genital preferences is transphobic isn't really worth debating.

Then why do you keep debating it?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6069 on: October 26, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »
I have to make sure I got this right:  We have to have a valid justification and explanation for everyone we don't want to have sex with?   

That....fucking rules. 

I'm going on Tinder and bothering as many of the hottest women as possible for answers.  Reporting those whores to Tinder corporate if they give me bad answers.

The dawn of the incel reckoning is upon us.  Get in, bitch.  We ride when the sun crests upon the eve.
 :cody
Just wait until the UN adopts the #FreeUse resolution in 2022 to increase the world population after the trans holocaust and vaccination purge have killed billions.

#FuckBackBetter
🤴

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #6070 on: October 26, 2021, 01:20:25 PM »

Why you gotta be exclusionary to those of us who covet ear canal and nostril love?

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6071 on: October 26, 2021, 01:22:19 PM »

;)
(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6072 on: October 26, 2021, 01:26:54 PM »

Why you gotta be exclusionary to those of us who covet ear canal and nostril love?
because my hog is too fat for those holes and it's not fair  :maf

marrec

« Reply #6073 on: October 26, 2021, 01:27:27 PM »

I think what this entire discussion has taught us is that kink-shaming is bad unless that kink is "I don't want to touch dick/pussy"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6074 on: October 26, 2021, 01:28:24 PM »

because my hog is too fat for those holes and it's not fair  :maf
You can still fill them with cum and don't forget to plaster those beauitful eyes :trumps
🤴

james

« Reply #6075 on: October 26, 2021, 01:29:07 PM »

Can never be too sure, TERFs are hiding everywhere these days

marrec

« Reply #6076 on: October 26, 2021, 01:30:13 PM »
My kink is not seeing any of these posts this page is a lost cause bork pls they're too horny

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6077 on: October 26, 2021, 01:34:57 PM »
The irony hipocrisy is so huge about how much terfs talk about how trans people are denying lesbian identity, but if you say you dated trans women they will INSTANTLY say you are bisexual, no matter how many times you say you are a lesbian.

Turns out I'm not a TERF today! Check back tomorrow for updates.

Wouldn't this be cause for outrage by their own logic?

marrec

« Reply #6078 on: October 26, 2021, 01:35:08 PM »
"What do you mean trans women have pressured lesbians into intimacy? I've never heard of or seen this! Anyway, if a lesbian says she won't touch dick she's a TERF bitch who should be killed, but you certainly shouldn't PRESSURE that TERF whore into anything over than a giant oven because they deserve to die but they certainly still have bodily autonomy."

For what it's worth, I know a couple lesbeens who've been pressured correctly identified and harassed as bigots online and off because their stance of "I don't like penises", to the point where one was ousted from an online community because she was exposed as a "TERF" via leaked text messages. BUT OK NO PRESSURE
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:39:57 PM by marrec »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6079 on: October 26, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »
deep dicking lesbians to bwn the terfs  8)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6080 on: October 26, 2021, 01:52:36 PM »
:drudge the horniness is OFF THE CHARTS :drudge
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6081 on: October 26, 2021, 01:54:43 PM »
"What do you mean trans women have pressured lesbians into intimacy? I've never heard of or seen this! Anyway, if a lesbian says she won't touch dick she's a TERF bitch who should be killed, but you certainly shouldn't PRESSURE that TERF whore into anything over than a giant oven because they deserve to die but they certainly still have bodily autonomy."

For what it's worth, I know a couple lesbeens who've been pressured correctly identified and harassed as bigots online and off because their stance of "I don't like penises", to the point where one was ousted from an online community because she was exposed as a "TERF" via leaked text messages. BUT OK NO PRESSURE

https://www.amazon.com/CAUSE-YOURE-LESBIAN-DOESNT-T-Shirt/dp/B07WLNNLFF
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6082 on: October 26, 2021, 02:18:07 PM »
God fucking damnit, David. I'm so tired. I'm so tired all the time.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-lynch-and-interpol-team-up-to-sell-nfts.505803/
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #6083 on: October 26, 2021, 02:21:24 PM »
As a cis lesbian who dates trans women, the way some people like to fixate on queer identity as being entirely about genitals makes me deeply uncomfortable. If you personally have a "genital preference," okay? Fine? People have height preferences too, but other people then complain that they find that a bit reductive. Those complaints won't change what someone finds attractive, but it might get them to reconsider how they frame said attraction in discussion.

Is it really so odd to them that sexual preference is tied to sexual organs? Isn't it also part of modern feminism that lines between men and women blur? What exactly are lesbians then attracted to in a woman? Should a lesbian be attracted to an effeminate man? A gay man to a butch woman? And in turn, is a guy who's attracted to a butch woman then gay?
The whole "gender is a social construct" doesn't really work with sexual orientation.

« Reply #6084 on: October 26, 2021, 02:24:39 PM »
There's been so much progress on things related to sex like our understanding of consent, and yet conversations like these throw a wrench into all of them.  There is a clear contradiction in tieing social progress to who you're willing to take to bed.  The latter is nobody's business and consent can be refused (and rescinded) for ANY reason.  It doesn't matter if it's height-related, weight-related, or even race-related.  They're all valid reasons because attraction is complicated.

Genitalia is also obviously a very big valid reason, but I hate how it always starts a looping conversation of "I hate penises!" and "yeah, but what if they're post-op!?  If you don't have sex with them then, you're a bigot!".  It completely downplays attraction being a mental thing as much as a physical thing.  Yes, people can ALSO be turned off sexually from someone at one point in their life having a penis, even if they no longer have it, and that's just as valid.  You can even be a major trans ally, going to protests on bathroom and military issues, and feel this way.  You can wants rights for and be friends with people and even entire groups that you don't want to fuck.

And what sucks is there's a segment of the terminally online populace fooling people into thinking their extreme mindset is widespread.  It's how shit like Super Straight or that BBC article can take off, when in reality few non-terminally online trans people will make you feel bad about who you're willing to have sex with.  They understand how complicated attraction is, both the physical and the mental side.

« Reply #6085 on: October 26, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »
According to Era if you are not willing to suck dick as a straight man of a Trans woman and if a woman is not willing to eat a trans man pussy then you are a bigot. Really. its no joke, thats their argument . You have to be aroused by both a trans man and a trans woman in your life to be not called a bigot. Really. no joke

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #6086 on: October 26, 2021, 02:30:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-the-hell-are-there-so-many-terf%E2%80%99s.505716/

"Why does my bubble keep pushing the same type of news stories from the same few sources and the same few social media commentators?"

Trans folk are a minority within a minority and thus easy pickings and help distract from other issues, plus they can be weaponised as part of the whole "you can't say what you want any more" bullshit. Which as any queer or left leaning individual will tell you is historically false because cancel culture goes back thousands of years, it's just now the shoe is on the other foot and the rich, white cishets are getting upset about there now being consequences for their bigotry where as fifty or so years ago it was LGBTQ+ people fearing for their jobs and staying closeted.

But I thought cancel culture wasn't real  :pika

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6087 on: October 26, 2021, 02:38:02 PM »
Genitalia is also obviously a very big

:drool
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6088 on: October 26, 2021, 02:42:21 PM »

Cancel culture is real when its religious zealots demanding that advertisers and network executives refuse to give work to comedians because they made a joke at their churches ideological expense by highlighting inherent contradictions in orthodoxy, which is completely different to Dave Chappelle

marrec

« Reply #6089 on: October 26, 2021, 02:42:25 PM »
As a cis lesbian who dates trans women, the way some people like to fixate on queer identity as being entirely about genitals makes me deeply uncomfortable. If you personally have a "genital preference," okay? Fine? People have height preferences too, but other people then complain that they find that a bit reductive. Those complaints won't change what someone finds attractive, but it might get them to reconsider how they frame said attraction in discussion.

Is it really so odd to them that sexual preference is tied to sexual organs? Isn't it also part of modern feminism that lines between men and women blur? What exactly are lesbians then attracted to in a woman? Should a lesbian be attracted to an effeminate man? A gay man to a butch woman? And in turn, is a guy who's attracted to a butch woman then gay?
The whole "gender is a social construct" doesn't really work with sexual orientation.

The mental gymnastics necessary to make all of this "work" inevitably leads to contradictions in scripture, which is why debating whether sexual attraction being tied to physical traits makes you *phobic is not what they want to do, instead they want to tell you that trans woman with a penis IS a woman and why don't you want to fuck them what are you gay?

Okay I'm being flip but they do want to be able to control both sides of this issue, saying that this isn't a debate worth having and nobody is actually going to pressure anyone while also saying society needs to move beyond transitional aspects of physical attraction and if you aren't ready to make this transition you're sort of part of the problem.

I actually really like Philosophy Tube's video on the topic, even if it did little to convince me that my penile aversion is anything but hardwired:

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6090 on: October 26, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »
I'm only attracted to 2D, checkmate libs.
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6091 on: October 26, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »
Is Philosophy tube stealing Contrapoint's shtick?

These youtubers make the entire trans thing look like a grift.

james

« Reply #6092 on: October 26, 2021, 02:53:12 PM »

Trans folk are a minority within a minority and thus easy pickings and help distract from other issues, plus they can be weaponised as part of the whole "you can't say what you want any more" bullshit. Which as any queer or left leaning individual will tell you is historically false because cancel culture goes back thousands of years, it's just now the shoe is on the other foot and the rich, white cishets are getting upset about there now being consequences for their bigotry where as fifty or so years ago it was LGBTQ+ people fearing for their jobs and staying closeted.

God cancelled 99% of humanity in the great flood

marrec

« Reply #6093 on: October 26, 2021, 02:54:50 PM »
Is Philosophy tube stealing Contrapoint's shtick?

These youtubers make the entire trans thing look like a grift.

Philosophy Tube started making incredibly horny videos around the same time ContraPoints did, but pre-transition.

It's a drama club thing I think, just happens that drama club kids also might be more likely to be queer.  :idont

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6094 on: October 26, 2021, 02:55:00 PM »

God criticised and held accountable people who deserved it :wag

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6095 on: October 26, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »
It's ironic(not really) that the logic era uses for people smushing genitals together, is the logic that people in friend's zone use to try to get laid with the best friends.

marrec

« Reply #6096 on: October 26, 2021, 02:56:09 PM »

Noah lived because God looked at his PornHub history and saw he was really into trans porn

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6097 on: October 26, 2021, 02:59:05 PM »

Noah lived because God looked at his PornHub history and saw he was really into trans porn
but god told him to take 2 of every animal which really reinforces the binary  :kobeyuck
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6098 on: October 26, 2021, 03:01:05 PM »
Here's the gender test that never fails 99% of the time.

When eating in a group, take a sausage, slowly cut it.
The people that cringe are penis havers.

Say: "Look! there's a spider!"
The people that 'eeeeek' are cervix holders.
🤴

« Reply #6099 on: October 26, 2021, 03:01:54 PM »
I think the most confusing thing about the "It's ok to not be attracted to penis, but you can't say you're not attracted to trans women because of it because not all trans women have penises, and you can't say you're unattracted to pre-bottom-surgery trans women because not all trans women want bottom surgery" is that I swear in previous discussions it's been considered incredibly transphobic and invasive to want to pose a question re:the contents of a potential date's underpants.

I'd assume most people who aren't actively transphobic but are also pretty strict in the type of genitals that turns them on don't want to put themselves or their date in the awkward position of hitting naked time and then rejecting their partner for having the wrong thing between their legs, so... when does that figuring out happen?

Era's trans news threads are so strange to me because they're just misery pits (which, I know, is kind of the point of Era); it's hard to walk away from them with a clear understanding of how this is all supposed to work in reality, and the whole "WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO EDUCATE YOU STOP JAQING OFF" thing means there's no good-faith way to ask about it,

marrec

« Reply #6100 on: October 26, 2021, 03:04:43 PM »

but god told him to take 2 of every animal which really reinforces the binary  :kobeyuck

God is the original problematic fav

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6101 on: October 26, 2021, 03:05:15 PM »

What if the spider is cutting sausage

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6102 on: October 26, 2021, 03:05:19 PM »

from this we can infer a primal, instinctual fear of spiders nesting within one's cervix :ohhh
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6103 on: October 26, 2021, 03:05:25 PM »
Era's trans news threads are so strange to me because they're just misery pits (which, I know, is kind of the point of Era); it's hard to walk away from them with a clear understanding of how this is all supposed to work in reality, and the whole "WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO EDUCATE YOU STOP JAQING OFF" thing means there's no good-faith way to ask about it,

It doesn't particularly help that the mods are thick as shit and will drop an absolutely outrageous gatekeeping purity test take as Official Truth Bans Will Follow

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6104 on: October 26, 2021, 03:14:25 PM »
Not to mention that it's realllllly hard to take anyone serious who uses the term jaqing off.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6105 on: October 26, 2021, 03:17:37 PM »
And with that segue;

with the popularity of transporn there’s gotta be a lot of men lying to themselves
Of course. Most people don't need to see someone's genitals in order to find them physically attractive (nor to be physically aroused by that person). So...

So, because you fairly often see on era people claim how 'fetishised' trans people are, and how much trans porn errbody is jacking it to;

...huh.
Using personal anecdotes as universal statistics? Seems weirdly... disingenuous.

I mean.... MAYBE the search results for 2020 are different (but I bet they're basically the fucking same), but if your pornhub results are full of trans fetish stuff, I would very much say thats a YOU issue.

e: sauce; transgender is on their 'popular categories' list... a couple of slots below 'cartoon' near the bottom.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 03:22:28 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6106 on: October 26, 2021, 03:26:56 PM »
They should personally thank me for ebony jumping up a spot.

Black lives matter!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6107 on: October 26, 2021, 03:33:20 PM »
I would think futa would be rated higher
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #6108 on: October 26, 2021, 03:42:01 PM »
The amount of times I’ve searched for ‘whorey old blonde with bad boob job and way too much makeup dresses like a teenage slag and lets some meathead blow her knackered old arsehole out’, I’m surprised it didn’t make the table.

james

« Reply #6109 on: October 26, 2021, 04:02:06 PM »
That chart is bullshit.

Who actually types in ebony.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6110 on: October 26, 2021, 04:03:49 PM »
paul mccartney :rodney
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6111 on: October 26, 2021, 04:04:19 PM »
Trans-Inclusive Radical Feminist, a TERF with different window dressing. They still share a lot of things in common, like the belief that a women-only space will be free of oppression or abuse. (Sorry, gonna soapbox a bit here)

Where a TERF believes it’s growing up with a penis and testosterone that makes someone fundamentally harmful and destructive, a TIRF believes it’s their masculinity. So TERFs exclude trans women but want trans men back as their “lost lesbian sisters”, and TIRFs accept trans women who have rejected masculinity sufficiently, but see trans men as the worst kind of traitor. Both varieties of radical feminist still believe men, however they define them, are fundamentally bad and oppressive, and cannot ever interact with or be in relationships with women without harming them.

Both groups, in my mind, fail to realize that women are just as capable of cruelty and evil as men are, and what makes a space safe is not its demographic makeup but the way its members agree to treat each other; that sex discrimination is not the only form of oppression in the world, and race, class, disability, and other factors can be just as important; and that lateral violence is not the same as fighting oppression

:mindblown

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6112 on: October 26, 2021, 04:06:53 PM »
What Resetera.com needs is an anonymous poll on this subject. That should settle the matter once and for all...
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6113 on: October 26, 2021, 04:10:33 PM »
I identify as TURF, I want hott ladies to walk all over me  :mouf
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6114 on: October 26, 2021, 04:13:24 PM »
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6115 on: October 26, 2021, 04:15:04 PM »
"Japanese" on top, shows that censorship isn't such a hot topic issue for most people, after all.  :'(

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6116 on: October 26, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »
I liked the part where Will Smith said "WELCOME TO TURF" and kicked the alien. :rejoice
©@©™

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6117 on: October 26, 2021, 04:15:36 PM »
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6118 on: October 26, 2021, 04:17:13 PM »
what if you were a Worf-obsessed radical feminist

Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #6119 on: October 26, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
Trans-Inclusive Radical Feminist, a TERF with different window dressing. They still share a lot of things in common, like the belief that a women-only space will be free of oppression or abuse. (Sorry, gonna soapbox a bit here)

Where a TERF believes it’s growing up with a penis and testosterone that makes someone fundamentally harmful and destructive, a TIRF believes it’s their masculinity. So TERFs exclude trans women but want trans men back as their “lost lesbian sisters”, and TIRFs accept trans women who have rejected masculinity sufficiently, but see trans men as the worst kind of traitor. Both varieties of radical feminist still believe men, however they define them, are fundamentally bad and oppressive, and cannot ever interact with or be in relationships with women without harming them.

Both groups, in my mind, fail to realize that women are just as capable of cruelty and evil as men are, and what makes a space safe is not its demographic makeup but the way its members agree to treat each other; that sex discrimination is not the only form of oppression in the world, and race, class, disability, and other factors can be just as important; and that lateral violence is not the same as fighting oppression

:mindblown

So that's the progressive way of saying that you don't like radical feminists