Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827781 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #6000 on: October 26, 2021, 08:22:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-publishes-terf-riffic-article.505623/

Weird how the simple move of just saying "No, a lesbian not wanting to touch dick is not transphobic" is never made ITT.

If exposing a crazy belief is 'an attack', doesn't that mean you endorse that crazy belief?
If you don't you can always distance yourself from it. All kinds of other activists do - renounce the toxic fringe.
Unhinged people peddling insane beliefs. It's unbelievable how much of the public discourse this shit takes up.

Lesbians or straight men not wanting anything to do with someone else's penis is not transphobic. If you think it is, you need to consider your personal ethics.

Edit: Top of the page Hooker with a Penis
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Spud

marrec

« Reply #6001 on: October 26, 2021, 08:23:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-publishes-terf-riffic-article.505623/

Weird how the simple move of just saying "No, a lesbian not wanting to touch dick is not transphobic" is never made ITT.

If exposing a crazy belief is 'an attack', doesn't that mean you endorse that crazy belief?
If you don't you can always distance yourself from it. All kinds of other activists do - renounce the toxic fringe.

Very little discussion about the actual topic of the article, just lots of people attacking the BBC...

It's certainly not a mainstream opinion that you should segregate your sexual enjoyment from your partner's gentiles. This is the trap people on the left continuously fall into, commenting on a mainstream article that exposes some fringe belief with maximum outrage and defense.

Instead what they should do is:

Never apologise
Never engage (unless you have the same command of the language of comedy as Dave)
Never acknowledge

----------------------------------------------

Genital fetishist. Wow.

NGL I'm a genital fetishist penises kinda take me out of the mood.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6002 on: October 26, 2021, 08:27:46 AM »
trans people to lesbians:

Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #6003 on: October 26, 2021, 08:43:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-to-say-it-but-im-finding-nier-automata-aggressively-mediocre.504645/#post-75752964
User Banned (1 Week): Objectifying Commentary
Quote from: Klyka
Have you looked closely at the thighs when you walk?
The skin creases

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-to-say-it-but-im-finding-nier-automata-aggressively-mediocre.504645/#post-75753588
User Banned (1 week): Objectifying commentary
Quote from: inpHilltr8r
dat ladder tho

Mods missed:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-to-say-it-but-im-finding-nier-automata-aggressively-mediocre.504645/#post-75752733
Quote from: Spring-Loaded
But dat run animation :0

Where is Morrigan when you need her? Even if she isn't a mod she could help by reporting posts.
OBE

marrec

« Reply #6004 on: October 26, 2021, 08:48:15 AM »
This is not going to be a popular opinion in the crowds I usually run with but... all this new narrative around softening your societal driven sexual preferences parallels the less extreme discussions within incel groups, and when you do the barest amount of digging into the darker parts of the trans community you'll find parallels that are much more extreme and violent in nature.

When you tell a group of people that they're entitled to someone's sexuality, it's inevitable that some small percentage among them turn to harassment in order to get what they feel entitled too.

Not that I think trans people will suddenly become violent toward cis people who have sexual preferences, but to suggest that cis people aren't being harassed for having those preferences is deliberately myopic.

This kind of tension is exemplified in that ERA thread where, instead of having a serious discussion about desirability politics the vast majority of posters immediately call out the article as TERFy and are lambasting the BBC.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:54:07 AM by marrec »

Hermit

« Reply #6005 on: October 26, 2021, 08:49:37 AM »
Don't worry everyone. I took the hit for our community and bought into an NSO Family Plan to try out the new 64 and Genesis games.

:jawalrus

SmokyDave

« Reply #6006 on: October 26, 2021, 08:59:24 AM »
It's unbelievable how much of the public discourse this shit takes up.
This is where I’m at. There are more left-handed one-eyed trainspotters out there than there are trans people, give it a fucking rest.

‘Trans people are angry’ is not newsworthy, or interesting. Knock it on the fucking head for everyone’s sake.

marrec

« Reply #6007 on: October 26, 2021, 09:04:27 AM »
Nobody should be coerced into sex if they don't want to - obviously -, but

You really shouldn't follow up that statement with "but".

There absolutely are way too many transphobic lesbians who act ridiculously immature the second someone mentions dicks just like there's cis gays who'd rather starve to death than eat pussy once & acting like „oh those poor cissies are getting forced to have penetrative sex with dicks or suck dicks"

So nobody should be coerced into sex but if you're a lesbian who doesn't like dick or a gay guy who doesn't like pussy you're transphobic and you hate them.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6008 on: October 26, 2021, 09:12:55 AM »
„oh those poor cissies are getting forced to have penetrative sex with dicks or suck dicks"

Link to this content pls, asking for a friend.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6009 on: October 26, 2021, 09:25:45 AM »
Dear person wondering if it is transphobic not to want to have sex with trans people of the gender or genders you are attracted to, on the basis that they are trans.

OF COURSE IT IS.

Official Moderator Policy has spoken, if you're lesbian and don;t wanna suck dick you're a bigot

Here is the analogy I like to use. You meet someone. You find them attractive. You are eager to get it on with them, and you *then* discover that one of their parents are black, and you no longer want to have sex with them. That's clearly racist. If you aren't attracted to people who look a particular way (hair color, physique, etc etc)... that's not something you can really help. But if finding something out about their history or DNA is the *sole* reason you are no longer attracted to them?

Yeah. You're a bigot.

absolutely insane false equivalence?

/
:isthis

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6010 on: October 26, 2021, 09:33:03 AM »
Watson & Crick get a lot of cred for their work on discovering the nature of DNA, but what the layperson doesn't know is all they did was hang dong

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6011 on: October 26, 2021, 09:34:52 AM »
I'm also pretty :dunno on not wanting to have children with a partner who has an incurable hereditary disorder makes you a bigot

marrec

« Reply #6012 on: October 26, 2021, 09:36:42 AM »
Dear person wondering if it is transphobic not to want to have sex with trans people of the gender or genders you are attracted to, on the basis that they are trans.

OF COURSE IT IS.

Official Moderator Policy has spoken, if you're lesbian and don;t wanna suck dick you're a bigot

Here is the analogy I like to use. You meet someone. You find them attractive. You are eager to get it on with them, and you *then* discover that one of their parents are black, and you no longer want to have sex with them. That's clearly racist. If you aren't attracted to people who look a particular way (hair color, physique, etc etc)... that's not something you can really help. But if finding something out about their history or DNA is the *sole* reason you are no longer attracted to them?

Yeah. You're a bigot.

/

I'm confused (I'm not really tho) about the framing here, the article is much more focused on the idea of a trans woman with male sex organs. A better analogy would be:

"You meet someone. You find them attractive. You are eager to get it on with them, and you *then* discover that they have a penis and you no longer want to have sex with them."

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6013 on: October 26, 2021, 09:36:45 AM »
If you're on the side of pressuring people into sexual situations they are not comfortable with, then it's definitely an arewethebaddies.jpg situation.
Spud

marrec

« Reply #6014 on: October 26, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »
If you're on the side of pressuring people into sexual situations they are not comfortable with, then it's definitely an arewethebaddies.jpg situation.

Nobody should be coerced into sex if they don't want to - obviously -, but if you don't want to have sex with a woman that has a penis you are transphobic and a hateful bigot who should be fired, harassed, and otherwise harangued until you change your mind.

That's not coercion that's progress.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #6015 on: October 26, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »
I'm betting it won't be long before ole Ami turns trans and starts demanding parents let him babysit their kids

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6016 on: October 26, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »
"You meet someone. You find them attractive. You are eager to get it on with them, and you *then* discover that they have a penis and you no longer want to have sex with them."

Which is the harmful "trap" generalisation which is also transphobic :wag

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6017 on: October 26, 2021, 09:55:51 AM »
There's a reason they loved this joke in the chappelle thread.

https://www.tiktok.com/@brandytatts/video/6958130892619533574?refer=embed

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6018 on: October 26, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
I like how tolerance now means accepting any old bullshit cause it's the nice thing to do.

BisMarckie

« Reply #6019 on: October 26, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »
I want to have sex with a couple of bore mods, but since I am not related by blood to them, they won’t do it. :stahp

#releasethesecretsextapes

marrec

« Reply #6020 on: October 26, 2021, 10:00:20 AM »
I'm betting it won't be long before ole Ami turns trans and starts demanding parents let him babysit their kids

The stupid thing about all of this is that trans people AREN'T any more likely to be sexual predators, but by aggressively pushing this notion that cis people should re-examine their sexual preferences because cis people don't like same gender sex organs they are re-enforcing harmful biases. 

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6021 on: October 26, 2021, 10:02:03 AM »
There's a reason they loved this joke in the chappelle thread.

https://www.tiktok.com/@brandytatts/video/6958130892619533574?refer=embed

It's funny because they're acting weird and coy to a medical professional asking standard medical questions and who is concerned for their health based on the answers to those questions who pretty clearly in no way shape or form wants to fuck them.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6022 on: October 26, 2021, 10:02:30 AM »
This is not going to be a popular opinion in the crowds I usually run with but... all this new narrative around softening your societal driven sexual preferences parallels the less extreme discussions within incel groups, and when you do the barest amount of digging into the darker parts of the trans community you'll find parallels that are much more extreme and violent in nature.

When you tell a group of people that they're entitled to someone's sexuality, it's inevitable that some small percentage among them turn to harassment in order to get what they feel entitled too.

Not that I think trans people will suddenly become violent toward cis people who have sexual preferences, but to suggest that cis people aren't being harassed for having those preferences is deliberately myopic.

This kind of tension is exemplified in that ERA thread where, instead of having a serious discussion about desirability politics the vast majority of posters immediately call out the article as TERFy and are lambasting the BBC.

I did not give this post a like because that reads like a :sicko but I agree

there's a lot of eyerolly stuff out there chanting "horseshoe theory, horseshoe theory" but when you get down to it people are people. and there are only so many behaviors and motivations possible, which everybody is capable of taking part in
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6023 on: October 26, 2021, 10:04:31 AM »
Next time Im on a date, Ill ask her if shes transphobic and if she says no she needs to give me a bj ASAP to prove it

I dont make up the rules
:O

SmokyDave

« Reply #6024 on: October 26, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
I don’t do same-sex relationships. No matter the gender identity, it needs to belong to the opposite sex. Seems reasonable, is probably highly problematic.

Had we not decided to mash sex and gender into one big clusterfuck to avoid hurt feelings, it might be an easier conversation.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6025 on: October 26, 2021, 10:26:45 AM »

OF COURSE IT IS.

Yeah. You're a bigot.

/

People should be free to express their preference of sexual partner including genitalia. I don’t see how that’s transphobic. I can support the trans community without having to be attracted to them.

Frankly statements like this do a disservice as they maximise divisiveness.

:banplz

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6026 on: October 26, 2021, 10:28:49 AM »
„oh those poor cissies are getting forced to have penetrative sex with dicks or suck dicks"

Link to this content pls, asking for a friend.

RIP TVC  :tocry
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #6027 on: October 26, 2021, 10:33:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-publishes-terf-riffic-article.505623/page-2#post-75906477

Quote from: Kyuuji
Quote from: PASSPO☆
That's a pretty bad example. In the black parent one, nothing actually changes about the person. It would clearly be racism. In the other, they have a different set of genitalia. How can you not see the difference? Do you think you're helping lesbian women by doing this? It's pretty terrible.
Not wanting to date someone solely because they're trans is the issue. Because they have broad shoulders, a penis, are tall, short or other aspects is fine — base attraction. Trans women come in all shapes and sizes though. Some are petite, some have vaginas, large breasts, small breasts and so on and so forth. So if you find yourself attracted to a trans woman and the only thing that changes is that you discover that they are trans - that's where we head into eh territory.
OBE

marrec

« Reply #6028 on: October 26, 2021, 10:41:14 AM »

I did not give this post a like because that reads like a :sicko but I agree

there's a lot of eyerolly stuff out there chanting "horseshoe theory, horseshoe theory" but when you get down to it people are people. and there are only so many behaviors and motivations possible, which everybody is capable of taking part in

That's why instead of doing any kind of critical examination of this relatively new gender philosophy they'll simply attack any outside critique.

Their identity is so wrapped up in trans ideology being perfect that any legitimate concern is seen as life-threatening. Any future discussions are additive to existing ideology rather than critical, which is completely unsustainable.

Eventually there will be some new epistemic crisis around this and we'll have a schism that allows for new extremes which will have to be adhered too in order to maintain good social standing within leftist circles, further alienating those on the outside and galvanizing those on the inside. This is how extremism proliferates.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 10:46:24 AM by marrec »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6029 on: October 26, 2021, 10:43:24 AM »

Imagine showing yo ass and getting it wrong while trying to transplain to cissies.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #6030 on: October 26, 2021, 10:47:33 AM »
If I wanted Bussy, I'd fuck Shosta.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6031 on: October 26, 2021, 10:52:13 AM »
You're all wrong! trans issues are very important to everybody and should be shouted from the rooftops at every opportunity. Fixate your camera's on they/thems with pink hair, green goaties, armpits that look like vietnam and who work at fortune 500 companies. Trans rights are human rights!
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6032 on: October 26, 2021, 10:59:44 AM »
marrec and his terve brigade dropping red pills all over this page :whew
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6033 on: October 26, 2021, 11:00:44 AM »
Eventually there will be some new epistemic crisis around this and we'll have a schism that allows for new extremes which will have to be adhered too in order to maintain good social standing within leftist circles, further alienating those on the outside and galvanizing those on the inside. This is how extremism proliferates.

I mean... thats already happened, which is why "truscum" and "terfs" are ostracised as 'literal nazis', 'detransitioners' are shunned as aberrant freaks who shouldn't even count, and questioning any aspect of ideology is met with mantras like "trans women are women" rather than unpacking what exactly those terms are defined as and what implications those definitions hold, or persuasive counter arguments.

But importantly this was all decided 'behind closed doors' while presenting the activist face as The One True Way to normies and attempting to stifle all critique and dissent as 'transphobia'.

If you want your cause to have mainstream acceptance, you need to be prepared to have adult conversations about the details rather than screaming Heresy at any questioning of dogma.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6034 on: October 26, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »
If the 2024 democratic nominee is not trans and they do not have a plan to stop the trans holocaust do not support those terfs. Enough is enough, trans rights are human rights

Break up with anyone who hasn't cancelled Netflix and throw poop at those who watch netflix in public.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6035 on: October 26, 2021, 11:06:43 AM »
you don't think that a person's genitalia is important in being attracted to someone?
i think the implication that every trans person has one genitalia is transphobic

:foodcourt

marrec

« Reply #6036 on: October 26, 2021, 11:08:09 AM »

I mean... thats already happened, which is why "truscum" and "terfs" are ostracised as 'literal nazis', 'detransitioners' are shunned as aberrant freaks who shouldn't even count, and questioning any aspect of ideology is met with mantras like "trans women are women" rather than unpacking what exactly those terms are defined as and what implications those definitions hold, or persuasive counter arguments.

But importantly this was all decided 'behind closed doors' while presenting the activist face as The One True Way to normies and attempting to stifle all critique and dissent as 'transphobia'.

If you want your cause to have mainstream acceptance, you need to be prepared to have adult conversations about the details rather than screaming Heresy at any questioning of dogma.

I mean a continued crisis/schism cycle that creates more and more extreme and unsustainable views that all leftists must add to their canon or be excommunicated. This is why the left is cannibalistic, because it's platform inevitably leads to "acceptance at all costs".

Otherwise I agree, acceptance of trans ideology will never be mainstream until legitimate criticism can be part of the process.

marrec

« Reply #6037 on: October 26, 2021, 11:14:48 AM »
marrec and his terve brigade dropping red pills all over this page :whew

I want to reply with "I'm not a TERF" but I guess that's not something I get to decide for myself anymore but rather is decided for me because I have a more thoughtful ideological package on trans issues.

It's not just "trans rights are human rights" anymore, because everyone agrees with that simplistic and powerful statement. Or... most everyone I guess.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #6038 on: October 26, 2021, 11:17:36 AM »
so much genocide on this page :stahp
(ice)

marrec

« Reply #6039 on: October 26, 2021, 11:27:54 AM »
The problem is that this preference is used to reduce trans people to only their genitalia. You can't say "I don't date trans women because penis" when there are many of trans women who don't have a penis, TERFs just say that to justify their own exclusionary views that trans women aren't really women. Having personal preferences who you might want to be intimate with is fine but becomes TERF rhetoric when the preference is used to make widespread assumptions and judgements about people rather than owning up to your own preferences and hang-ups.

This is a strawman, most people don't say "I don't date trans women because penis" they say "I won't date trans women -with- penis". If you're dating a woman who meets all your attraction requirements then it won't matter if they're trans or not because you're gunna wanna rub funny parts together to make the good feels.

Personally, I have dated a lot of pre-transition trans women and I am not attracted to penises due to past sexual trauma

Lesbians who are afraid of being labeled a TERF because they don't like penises take note, just tell people you are not attracted to penises because of past sexual trauma and you're GTG.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6040 on: October 26, 2021, 11:32:27 AM »
you don't think that a person's genitalia is important in being attracted to someone?
i think the implication that every trans person has one genitalia is transphobic

That would be crazy if every trans person had one gentalia. Just think how long you'd have to book in advance if you wanted to use it for the weekend.
©@©™

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #6041 on: October 26, 2021, 11:32:29 AM »
The Nintendo Online higher tier is an absolute scam.
You would have to be crazy to pay it. 

Quote from: ZeroVagina
Nah, don't do this. Don't call people "crazy" for paying for it.

Resubbing to the regular plan is $20. Many people are about to both do that (or recently did) and get the $25 Animal Crossing expansion next week.

This expansion plan is $50 -- $5 more than those two things combined. It's pretty logical to go to the higher tier if you're already about to spend $45 anyway. Hell, many people likely have enough gold points to cover that $5 as well.

You are fucking crazy, ZeoVGM

Yet he goes apeshit crazy defending MCU  :lol

marrec

« Reply #6042 on: October 26, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »

That would be crazy if every trans person had one gentalia. Just think how long you'd have to book in advance if you wanted to use it for the weekend.

RE: genitalia booking workbook.xlsx

All,

I understand that the wait times for this are long but please be patient and remember that when you are done with the genitalia complete the attached cleaning and inspection procedure before return. I am tired of having to clean this shit okay.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6043 on: October 26, 2021, 11:36:42 AM »
unban assy, it's time  :)

Snoopycat_

« Reply #6044 on: October 26, 2021, 11:37:50 AM »
I don’t care. I just find the idea of Amirox constantly trying to get into kids bedrooms like some kind of pedo Wile E Coyote hilarious

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #6045 on: October 26, 2021, 11:40:34 AM »
OBE

ShutUp

« Reply #6046 on: October 26, 2021, 11:41:29 AM »
Era is just not at all capable of having these types of discussions but seeing them just run into that wall repeatedly with increasingly bloody results is the car wreck you can’t look away from.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6047 on: October 26, 2021, 11:48:16 AM »
RE: genitalia booking workbook.xlsx

You're just being silly now.

Nobody would use excel for a shared workbook, as it would constantly be locked by another user. They'd use a google sheet.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6048 on: October 26, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »
I don't want to be a hateful mean person, I want to be thoughtful and just to be able to question things, because everything ought to be able to be questioned

something that's always been bugging me about all this stuff is that "trans women are women" and yet they seem to not want to be referred to as women, they are trans first

early on in this conversation, maybe 2014, everyone kept saying that it triggered a dysphoric reaction, a mental anguish, to be thought of as trans, because that implies "used to be male" and that shouldn't be part of the conversation or thought process at all, just say "woman"

mass effect andromeda was problematic because a trans person outs themselves immediately to a total stranger (the player) and says yep I used to be a guy but now who I am feels right, and supposedly no trans person would ever want to acknowledge such a thing because it's painful

now every trans person identifies specifically as trans, jettisoning any idea that to say so is personally hurtful at all

did everyone just forget about this?  is dysphoria even a thing anymore?
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6049 on: October 26, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »
I'm in a pretty chill roleplaying discord where people talk about d&d and stuff, somehow no drama at all, a friendly place

this person bursts into the place out of nowhere and their first post is "why do people refer to dwarves and elves as races"

and I don't want to pre-judge anybody but at this point you just KNOW

they start going on and picking fights with random people and calling others toxic and they say they're a race abolitionist and laugh at people crying about wokeness and oh by the way you don't have to lecture me about any of this because I'm trans

1) oh my god what a surprise   2) you're not trans, you're a woman?? right?
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #6050 on: October 26, 2021, 12:10:33 PM »
I have to make sure I got this right:  We have to have a valid justification and explanation for everyone we don't want to have sex with?   

That....fucking rules. 

I'm going on Tinder and bothering as many of the hottest women as possible for answers.  Reporting those whores to Tinder corporate if they give me bad answers.

The dawn of the incel reckoning is upon us.  Get in, bitch.  We ride when the sun crests upon the eve.
 :cody

ShutUp

« Reply #6052 on: October 26, 2021, 12:12:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/farcry-6-is-sending-emails-mocking-people-for-quitting-the-game.505728/

ITT far too many people are shocked what happens when you opt to give a company your email for marketing and then receive marketing type emails. Thread also has far more than you’d expect on Era laughing at it and not seeing what the problem is.

Also got the typical “fuck Ubisoft” as those same people eagerly anticipate the next games from Naughty Dog and Insomniac.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:24:44 PM by ShutUp »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6054 on: October 26, 2021, 12:14:02 PM »
I don't want to be a hateful mean person, I want to be thoughtful and just to be able to question things, because everything ought to be able to be questioned

something that's always been bugging me about all this stuff is that "trans women are women" and yet they seem to not want to be referred to as women, they are trans first

early on in this conversation, maybe 2014, everyone kept saying that it triggered a dysphoric reaction, a mental anguish, to be thought of as trans, because that implies "used to be male" and that shouldn't be part of the conversation or thought process at all, just say "woman"

mass effect andromeda was problematic because a trans person outs themselves immediately to a total stranger (the player) and says yep I used to be a guy but now who I am feels right, and supposedly no trans person would ever want to acknowledge such a thing because it's painful

now every trans person identifies specifically as trans, jettisoning any idea that to say so is personally hurtful at all

You can't say it with a hard trans.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #6055 on: October 26, 2021, 12:14:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/farcry-6-is-sending-emails-mocking-people-for-quitting-the-game.505728/

ITT far too many people are shocked what happens when you opt to give a company your email for marketing and then receive marketing type emails. Thread also has far more than you’d expect on Era laughing at it and not seeing what the problem is.

imagine not opting out of marketing emails :heh
(ice)

marrec

« Reply #6056 on: October 26, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

Serious answer: dysphoria is still a thing and trans women are women (trans men are men) in as much as society allows them to be women. The proliferation of bathroom bills, sports bans, and right wing talking points in general around trans people makes it difficult for them to just be women/men without having to move through life as "trans" women/men. I'm sure many of them would much rather just be women/men and forget the whole "transition" thing.

Less serious answer (which is also serious): Trans women are women until the "trans" identifier can be used for any kind of advantage, normally online for oppression olympics or to make themselves feel part of a community in one way or another. Very Online trans people cannot extract the "trans" part of their identity from their public personification.

ShutUp

« Reply #6057 on: October 26, 2021, 12:27:24 PM »

imagine not opting out of marketing emails :heh

Maybe don't lump emails that beg you to go back to playing the game in with traditional marketing mails. There's a certain expectation of the kind of thing you'll receive when you opt-in to marketing emails and "pleeeeease come back and play our gaaaaame" is not it.

Someone doesnt understand what marketing emails are. The emails are even framed as the games villain is the one sending them, poking fun at you for quitting the game and not being able to defeat him. It’s goofy and funny so of course the crowd that is totally not snowflakes are throwing a fit about it  :lol

Oh part two from the same user

I'm very happy for you that you find the begging emails funny and marketing emails boring. Truly, I am. However, I hope you understand that the world is made up of a lot of different people who might not feel the same way you do and have different opinions. :)

Skin as thin as tissue paper
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:38:53 PM by ShutUp »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6058 on: October 26, 2021, 12:48:52 PM »

Serious answer: dysphoria is still a thing and trans women are women (trans men are men) in as much as society allows them to be women. The proliferation of bathroom bills, sports bans, and right wing talking points in general around trans people makes it difficult for them to just be women/men without having to move through life as "trans" women/men. I'm sure many of them would much rather just be women/men and forget the whole "transition" thing.

Less serious answer (which is also serious): Trans women are women until the "trans" identifier can be used for any kind of advantage, normally online for oppression olympics or to make themselves feel part of a community in one way or another. Very Online trans people cannot extract the "trans" part of their identity from their public personification.

It really does seem that the dreadfully online activists are also the ones pushing 'self identification' as the be-all and end-all solution as an opt-in protected class checkbox without any medical or legal oversight, despite having both fairly major medical and legal implications.
I mean, if I was taking a cocktail of over the counter medicines for reasons entirely unrelated to the conditions they were intended for, it would seem obvious to me I'd want, you know, an actual doctor to let me know the risks of that rather then twitter / reddit randos.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6059 on: October 26, 2021, 12:50:19 PM »
Like I'm not gonna sign up for chemo because I'm getting a bit of a belly and can't be fucked with haircuts anymore