Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828651 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #5940 on: October 25, 2021, 05:15:14 PM »
Chappelle willing to talk to the trans community but not gonna bend to any demands, oh boy thats bound to be a great thread now that its posted on Era.

Not bending to demands means your admitting you won't even listen to what they have to say

and suppose the trans community said in advance that this discussion wouldn't change their stance about his standup either :hmm
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #5941 on: October 25, 2021, 05:27:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-150#post-75870135

Quote from: Haint
Quote from: Jam
Pretty much where I stand on this. The site was founded as a community effort (albeit only 0.1% actually “done” something to contribute to the creation and migration). So for one individual to hold the keys and just make off with $4.5m with no community input is absurd.

I, and imagine most of the community, thank Cerium for his efforts of taking us this far and the work he and others have put in - but this sale makes him look opportunistic who seized an opportunity for a pay day. He used the Gaf drama and community for his own benefit.
This was a common (if not the prevailing) sentiment in the sites early days, but discussion was largely quashed and there were even some bans/warnings handed out for "conspiracy theorizing". Ultimately nobody really cared enough then and they don’t care enough now. Unsurprising given the site's origins, the mods know a thing or 2 about burying or siloing off controversy. Case in point, like 99% of this thread had no idea large swaths of the community forums had been driven off, just like 99% of the forums at large will never know about the nonsense thats has gone on in this thread. There is a reason we're on a disused announcement board and why any controversy bleeding outside of it has been quickly dealt with.

What's it going to be, regular banned or alt-account banned?
OBE

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5942 on: October 25, 2021, 05:38:40 PM »
haint sounds like mockery of hecht so alt account ban
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5943 on: October 25, 2021, 05:48:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ubisoft-every-software-you-use-on-your-pc-breaks-our-games-not-our-fault-support-lists-apps-that-may-be-causing-performance-issues-with-your-game.505053/post-75821631

Quote from: developer at dice
Shit like this is why less and less devs hang around here. Congrats on making this an even less welcoming place.

https://resetera.com//threads/psa-hdr-on-the-pc.114030/post-20272770

Quote from:  same person
The most distinguished mentally-challenged part is that some "smartass" monitors do their own fake HDR crap that can't be easily disabled. No names due to reasons, but holy hell, never using monitors from those vendors again. :)

Nice

https://resetera.com//threads/devil-may-cry-5-pc-release-date-removed-from-steam-store-update-still-coming-out-march-8th.101517/post-18226472

Please do it. :) Anything that breaks those gentle hearts

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-halo-infinites-bots-wont-teabag-you.470163/page-2#post-71195604

Quote from: elenarie Developer at DICE
Quote from: Atom Heart Mother
teabagging as a form of communication in a match against another player is the best teabagging
Yea this, hahaha.

You snipe them, dip dip potato chip from a distance, and move on with your life. 😆
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5944 on: October 25, 2021, 06:00:06 PM »
"We never want to punish learning, especially not by having bots engage in behaviours that a player could feel is exclusionary.
:wut

This game is gonna suck hard isn't it.
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #5945 on: October 25, 2021, 06:25:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ubisoft-every-software-you-use-on-your-pc-breaks-our-games-not-our-fault-support-lists-apps-that-may-be-causing-performance-issues-with-your-game.505053/post-75821631

Quote from: developer at dice
Shit like this is why less and less devs hang around here. Congrats on making this an even less welcoming place.

https://resetera.com//threads/psa-hdr-on-the-pc.114030/post-20272770

Quote from:  same person
The most distinguished mentally-challenged part is that some "smartass" monitors do their own fake HDR crap that can't be easily disabled. No names due to reasons, but holy hell, never using monitors from those vendors again. :)

Nice

https://resetera.com//threads/devil-may-cry-5-pc-release-date-removed-from-steam-store-update-still-coming-out-march-8th.101517/post-18226472

Please do it. :) Anything that breaks those gentle hearts

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-halo-infinites-bots-wont-teabag-you.470163/page-2#post-71195604

Quote from: elenarie Developer at DICE
Quote from: Atom Heart Mother
teabagging as a form of communication in a match against another player is the best teabagging
Yea this, hahaha.

You snipe them, dip dip potato chip from a distance, and move on with your life. 😆

Regardless of how it makes me feel or not feel, there's no denying that it is childish and has strong implications of sexual domination.

My female friends teabag me, damn makes me a bottom  :fbm

marrec

« Reply #5946 on: October 25, 2021, 06:28:29 PM »
Chappelle willing to talk to the trans community but not gonna bend to any demands, oh boy thats bound to be a great thread now that its posted on Era.

“ 1) the trans community must halt all uranium enrichment

2) the trans community must close down the plutonium enrichment facility at Fordow

3) the trans community must allow the IAEA access to all areas related to any nuclear program, civilian or military”

https://twitter.com/hayesbrown/status/1452742210261245955?s=21

I was gunna make this joke but it’s much easier to post a more funny version you found online

marrec

« Reply #5948 on: October 25, 2021, 06:34:12 PM »
Hannah Gadsby isn’t funny at all that is a very easy precondition

« Reply #5949 on: October 25, 2021, 06:40:01 PM »
I love how era thinks Dave is serious in this on anything but his documentary airing dates  :lol :lol :lol

marrec

« Reply #5950 on: October 25, 2021, 06:41:50 PM »
The fact that the folks at ERA don’t understand that this is obviously mostly Dave joking about the situation makes the joke even funnier.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5951 on: October 25, 2021, 06:42:49 PM »
But they is the voice of a generation  :aloy :social2 :social :six: :brazilcry

Those nutjobs don't understand that Dave has been in this position pretty much all throughout his professional career.
He's been dragged through the mud and attacked from all sides for things he said or did on his show.

And unlike Kevin Hart and others, Dave won't just give in to the mob.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5952 on: October 25, 2021, 06:46:34 PM »
Never apologise
Never engage (unless you have the same command of the language of comedy as Dave)
Never acknowledge
Spud

BikeJesus

« Reply #5953 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:42 PM »
"We never want to punish learning, especially not by having bots engage in behaviours that a player could feel is exclusionary.
:wut

This game is gonna suck hard isn't it.

I watched the campaign trailer, and it looked so bad. They ripped off the meat hook from Doom Eternal, but with none of the feedback that game has. The actual gunplay looked so stale. I don't know how they can fix it, but they need to modernize it.  Postal: Brain Damaged did the same thing, but at least that game is low budget and has gibs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:31:34 PM by BikeJesus »

Boredfrom

« Reply #5954 on: October 25, 2021, 07:16:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-doug-funnie-be-an-incel-as-an-adult.505455/

Are going to finally remove DragonSJG thread making privileges?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5955 on: October 25, 2021, 07:23:20 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5956 on: October 25, 2021, 07:25:07 PM »
Nah, I always thought he just had strong homosexual tendencies but it could be because I was raised to think any sensitive male could be gay. I'm talking about the way kid me viewed the character btw

:doge

« Reply #5957 on: October 25, 2021, 07:30:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-dave-chappelle-says-hes-willing-to-talk-with-trans-community-but-will-not-bend-to-any-demands.505431/post-75880158

No one wants to have a summit, no one's fucking cancelled, no one's demanding anything. What a thin skinned bigot and a clown.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/10/18/22733098/netflix-trans-employees-demands-dave-chappelle-walkout

Netflix trans employees and allies release a list of demands ahead of the walkout

Damn Dave is a fucking genius  :lol :lol :lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5958 on: October 25, 2021, 07:39:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-dave-chappelle-says-hes-willing-to-talk-with-trans-community-but-will-not-bend-to-any-demands.505431/post-75880158

No one wants to have a summit, no one's fucking cancelled, no one's demanding anything. What a thin skinned bigot and a clown.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/10/18/22733098/netflix-trans-employees-demands-dave-chappelle-walkout

Netflix trans employees and allies release a list of demands ahead of the walkout

Damn Dave is a fucking genius  :lol :lol :lol

and harm reduction

Yeah, he sure is thin skinned alright.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5959 on: October 25, 2021, 07:49:52 PM »
They seem ignorant of the fact that the racist, homophobic grifter who organized the protest said she had requested Chappelle to meet with them first. Chappelle is responding with his terms.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5960 on: October 25, 2021, 07:55:13 PM »
What's really disgusting is that I didn't know anything about this controversy yet I had been wondering why the YouTube algorithm had been recommending me so much Chappelle content in recent weeks when it's nothing like what I usually watch. Of course said content had nothing to do with this, which is even worse but not surprising.
:hans1

Forgetting about the morality of the situation I can't feel sorry for him. On some level he wanted this, so I guess enjoy pissing away your career, bitch?
:money

I really, really, really wish Carlin were still around to tell them to shut the fuck up.
Always with the Carlin, like he wouldn't have been cancelled thrice over if that was an actual thing that happens.

At a gig in Nashville with Joe Rogan.

Yep, he's gone.
He was on Joe Rogan's show like over a year ago.

Now he straight-up sounds like Trump.
             inflammatory comparisons
 :isthis

"how come people won't invite me close-by and make it easier for me to harm them?"
:lol

ShutUp

« Reply #5961 on: October 25, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »
“Harm them” is he going to physically beat them up?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5962 on: October 25, 2021, 08:08:04 PM »
I really, really, really wish Carlin were still around to tell them to shut the fuck up.
Always with the Carlin, like he wouldn't have been cancelled thrice over if that was an actual thing that happens.

Imagine thinking George Carlin would be on the side of the unruly, unaccountable mob trying to regulate what comedians can say...
 :engel
Spud

« Reply #5963 on: October 25, 2021, 08:11:18 PM »

Imagine thinking George Carlin would be on the side of the unruly, unaccountable mob trying to regulate what comedians can say...
 :engel

Carlin would probably quip: "yes, you are women because you are all thin skinned pussies"

Snoopycat_

« Reply #5964 on: October 25, 2021, 08:20:22 PM »
I would love to have a good answer for the general stagnation

No wonder Ree is in a state. If an admin is pretending they don't know their horrible mods and their protected users are responsible for driving people away then how can they even begin to fix things.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-150

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5965 on: October 25, 2021, 08:39:27 PM »
Hecht:
We get...a lot of them. I'd say 95% of them are people with domains that are clearly racist and/or alt accounts, and the other 5% are people who don't realize the non-disposable-email requirement. I still look at reports and handle them when needed, but most of my time is spent looking at alts and registrations.

I would love to have a good answer for the general stagnation, but my perspectove boils down to two points:
1) Forums are "old," sadly. I like Discord and the like for many reasons, but forums are great for other things.
2) We're a left "leaning" site, so obviously that casts out like 75% of the gaming populace. We get a ton of trolls signing up, and sure, one or two make their way through but what you don't see are the massive amount of idiotic incels that make it easy for us.

As far as the stats go, all I can really say is try to make this place the place you want it to be. Tell your friends. I know that there is a fuckton of shit going on in the world on an hourly basis, and I think we should be able to talk about those things alongside whether or not the jaggies in Returnal really distract from the game. A lot of people like to say that moderation directs discussion - and that is somewhat true. We try to make sure that nothing here is falling outside the lines. But if all the users are posting doomsday threads and we decide to stop it, then we are essentially tone policing. I'm asking the users to at least try to help make this a more positive forum. That doesn't mean never posting shitty shit that's happening - it just means that if you want to post a feel-good thread, do so. And if you see a feel-good thread, interact with it.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5966 on: October 25, 2021, 09:15:00 PM »
There are racist email domains? Oh god, what does the g in G-mail stand for

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5967 on: October 25, 2021, 09:17:24 PM »
They were using their @stormfront.edu emails

Taco Bell Tower

Boredfrom

« Reply #5969 on: October 25, 2021, 09:37:37 PM »
  As far as the stats go, all I can really say is try to make this place the place you want it to be. Tell your friends.

Ayyy, fuck you. That is the whole reason why nobodies and assholes come there to pretend is not a gaming forum, because they are friends of you protected users.

. But if all the users are posting doomsday threads and we decide to stop it, then we are essentially tone policing

THE HORROR

ShutUp

« Reply #5970 on: October 25, 2021, 09:58:15 PM »
“95%” are racist domains and trolls  :rofl

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5971 on: October 25, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
How many people are using their nintex.com emails  :notlikethis

Propagandhim

« Reply #5972 on: October 25, 2021, 10:30:19 PM »

:anhuld

Boredfrom

« Reply #5973 on: October 25, 2021, 11:19:19 PM »
There is no really anything worth of discussion in the doomposting threads, just a bunch of neurotic people getting  high in despair.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5974 on: October 25, 2021, 11:44:02 PM »
Never apologise
Never engage (unless you have the same command of the language of comedy as Dave)
Never acknowledge

Never give up on the good times
Gotta believe in the love you find
(Never give it up, no, never give it up, no)
:O

samir

« Reply #5975 on: October 25, 2021, 11:55:18 PM »
Hecht has to work unpaid overtime because the trolls are mass registering with racist emails :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #5976 on: October 26, 2021, 03:08:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-64-online-apps-problems-input-lag-controller-layout-angering-expansion-pass-customers.505554/page-7#post-75895587

Quote from: Ry
Nintendo is burned into my heart and soul. My entire childhood feels tied to it. Year after year now they just keep giving examples to us all that they just don’t seem to give a fuck about how much so many of us love these games. And I just keep eating shit.

I feel like a battered spouse at this point; “but Nintendo has a good heart, really, you didn’t know him when we first met, I promise Nintendo’s not like this, Nintendo’s just not himself right now…”.

And what’s even worse is that I know I will just keep buying their half assed products. I get one metroid dread or Mario Odessey and I pretend everything is good again. I’m such a chump.   

I mean, is good some are realizing how little Nintendo actually cares, but why give them that emotional weight to begin with? 

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 03:12:59 AM by Boredfrom »

Boredfrom

« Reply #5977 on: October 26, 2021, 03:16:59 AM »
Quote from: Mekanos
Just buy stuff you like. That's it. It's not like your honor is on the line or anything buying a product that has problems. I have problems with this release but I don't regret spending money on it and I've already put several hours into Mario 64. If you want to buy it, great, if not, also fine. None of these corporations care about you or me whatsoever.

For a communist you seem to have a pretty centrist way of thinking.

NekoFever

« Reply #5978 on: October 26, 2021, 03:40:53 AM »
But if all the users are posting doomsday threads and we decide to stop it, then we are essentially tone policing

Someone should tell him what the word ‘moderator’ means.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5979 on: October 26, 2021, 03:42:24 AM »
“95%” are racist domains and trolls  :rofl
:trumps
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5980 on: October 26, 2021, 04:21:13 AM »
If anything really comes through in era moderations interactions with regular users, its how much they haaaaaaate tone policing

"downplaying"
"unproductive"
"dismissing concerns"
"sensitive thread"
"we're not doing this"
"boys club rhetoric"
"inappropriate"
"trolling"
"drive by"
"inflammatory"
"hostility"
"generalising"

like... 95% of their fucking bans are literal tone policing, but GOD FORBID you ask the cult to stop blackpilling, and also please tell all your friends about our cult

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5981 on: October 26, 2021, 04:26:13 AM »
There are racist email domains? Oh god, what does the g in G-mail stand for

GAMER MAIL!

:anhuld

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5982 on: October 26, 2021, 06:01:51 AM »
I'm a downplaying unproductive concern dismissing insensitive inappropriate troll who loves to drive by sensitive threads with inflammatory, generalising and hostile boys club rhetoric

:rash

yourname@cyberchuds.com / only $50 a month* :success

Excluding VAT. Offer valid for a limited time and may not be available in your region, terms and conditions may apply. BEASTMODE LLC © 2021 All Rights Reserved.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 06:11:35 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #5983 on: October 26, 2021, 06:12:24 AM »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #5984 on: October 26, 2021, 06:43:34 AM »
how many amirox sign ups has hecht heroically prevented? :whew
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5985 on: October 26, 2021, 06:46:01 AM »
Amirox@Youngmail.com

does that email support PDF files?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #5986 on: October 26, 2021, 07:14:13 AM »
 :wag

Image files only. No party poopers.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5987 on: October 26, 2021, 07:41:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pissy-people-protesting-playstation-pc-ports-the-jimquisition.505302/#post-75852738

User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling over mental health; prior ban for trolling in a sensitive thread and account in junior phase
Quote from: Kaowabanga
I'm probably going to be banned for this but the more I watch Jim Sterling the more I become concerned for Jim's mental health. I feel like they should maybe take a break.
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #5988 on: October 26, 2021, 07:46:16 AM »
The Nintendo Online higher tier is an absolute scam.
You would have to be crazy to pay it. 

Quote from: ZeroVagina
Nah, don't do this. Don't call people "crazy" for paying for it.

Resubbing to the regular plan is $20. Many people are about to both do that (or recently did) and get the $25 Animal Crossing expansion next week.

This expansion plan is $50 -- $5 more than those two things combined. It's pretty logical to go to the higher tier if you're already about to spend $45 anyway. Hell, many people likely have enough gold points to cover that $5 as well.

You are fucking crazy, ZeoVGM

Boredfrom

« Reply #5989 on: October 26, 2021, 07:51:23 AM »
  don’t you have to subscribe for $50 annually to keep animal crossing, as opposed to paying one time to have it forever?

I believe Nintendo said that you would be able to keep any items gained from the expansion even if you don't resub but you won't be able to visit the new areas anymore.

That will be what I'll be keeping an eye on next year though. If Nintendo expects me to pay another $50, they'll need to introduce new features to the Expansion Pack -- such as Game Boy games and/or another DLC (perhaps for Mario Party Superstars or Splatoon 3).

If by this time next year, Nintendo expects people who have subbed for a year to pay $50 and essentially pay for the Animal Crossing DLC twice with nothing new, I'll likely drop back down to $20. 

YOU FUCKING IDIOT!  :lol

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5990 on: October 26, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »
a post so bad, you quoted twice :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #5991 on: October 26, 2021, 07:58:16 AM »
a post so bad, you quoted twice :doge

I didn’t   :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5992 on: October 26, 2021, 07:59:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-dave-chappelle-says-hes-willing-to-talk-with-trans-community-but-will-not-bend-to-any-demands.505431/page-5#post-75900957

:mike :goldberg
Quote from: Juryvicious
From where he began to where he is now Dave has become such a disappointment. He is a text-book walking example of an out-of-touch has-been.
:foodcourt
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5993 on: October 26, 2021, 07:59:24 AM »
you would have to be "crazy" to pay Nintendo's fee? sounds like downplaying and diminishing mental health issues to me :wag
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #5994 on: October 26, 2021, 07:59:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eternals-reviews-up-embargo-ended-10-24.505020/page-9#post-75825465
Quote from: Sega Dreamcast
72% isn’t that bad

Quote from: Fj0823
Its not.

But some here on era just keeps wishing that their fabled "Marvel flop that sets off superhero fatigue and kills the MCU for good" happens.

It will never happen. Several generations of kids and teens see the MCU as their Star Wars/Harry Potter, the MCU will remain as part of pop culture even if they start releasing non stop 5% RT movies for a while. They could even just coast it for a decade by bringing back beloved characters for Nostalgia wanks a la Force Awakens.

The fact that a 70% on RT is the weakest the MCU has been in a while is a testament of its strength tbh.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eternals-reviews-up-embargo-ended-10-24.505020/page-9#post-75825795
User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Trolling; Long history of Trolling
Quote from: Sega Dreamcast
Oh I’m not on your side my dude, I want Marvel to take an L.

Quote from: ZeoVGM
lol this is so weird and childish
:spiders :rofl
OBE

marrec

« Reply #5995 on: October 26, 2021, 08:00:02 AM »
“Harm them” is he going to physically beat them up?

Oh god is this why Dave got jacked? So he could beat up queer people?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5996 on: October 26, 2021, 08:01:43 AM »
  don’t you have to subscribe for $50 annually to keep animal crossing, as opposed to paying one time to have it forever?

I believe Nintendo said that you would be able to keep any items gained from the expansion even if you don't resub but you won't be able to visit the new areas anymore.

That will be what I'll be keeping an eye on next year though. If Nintendo expects me to pay another $50, they'll need to introduce new features to the Expansion Pack -- such as Game Boy games and/or another DLC (perhaps for Mario Party Superstars or Splatoon 3).

If by this time next year, Nintendo expects people who have subbed for a year to pay $50 and essentially pay for the Animal Crossing DLC twice with nothing new, I'll likely drop back down to $20. 

YOU FUCKING IDIOT!  :lol

why the fuck would anyone sub to the higher price for the animal crossing dlc, you can buy it individually and have it forever, for less than the price of the yearly cost increase  :duh
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5997 on: October 26, 2021, 08:06:06 AM »
Quote from: ZeoVGM
lol this is so weird and childish
:spiders :rofl

Reminder that zerovagine literally said that he hopes the families of the actual creators of spiderman et al get fucked in court so the characters stay with Disney forever, because nobody else could possibly do anything good with those characters.
and when confronted with how shitty the comic books are for those characters recently, wheeled into basically just being full gay for the Disney MCU

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5998 on: October 26, 2021, 08:09:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-publishes-terf-riffic-article.505623/

Weird how the simple move of just saying "No, a lesbian not wanting to touch dick is not transphobic" is never made ITT.

If exposing a crazy belief is 'an attack', doesn't that mean you endorse that crazy belief?
If you don't you can always distance yourself from it. All kinds of other activists do - renounce the toxic fringe.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5999 on: October 26, 2021, 08:11:40 AM »
Quote from: ZeroTheVagina
I don't disagree with that statement. But as of now, it makes sense for me as I was about to spend $45 on NSO and the Animal Crossing DLC anyway, so an extra $5 for the N64 and Genesis stuff seems like an easy choice.

(And I didn't pay that $5 because I had enough gold points to cover that.)

But when it comes to resubbing in 12 months, I'll be watching what Nintendo has planned. If there's nothing new at all, I'll drop back down. I'll certainly be done with the DLC by then.

Except the N64 emulator is shit and the genesis games can be bought at steam or with a Mini Genesis console. You choose to pay for the privilege to rent DLC and emulators.