Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784935 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #720 on: September 22, 2021, 03:37:45 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

You all have lost your absolute fucking minds.

This thread will open when I'm ready for it to open.

When it does, that will be the end of this. Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

Leave, stay, do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves.

And of course it comes from Nepenthe, the one who permabanned a guy for a random twitter comment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73874461

They're so fucking terrified the second someone pulls receipts on them.  :lol

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realize that their mod discord is probably filled with them shitting on the community

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #721 on: September 22, 2021, 03:38:04 PM »

When it does, that will be the end of this. Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

september 30
:whoo

almost exactly 9 years ago
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #722 on: September 22, 2021, 03:38:08 PM »
who has access to the era discords????

POST SCREENSHOTS

:O

Vertigo

« Reply #723 on: September 22, 2021, 03:38:37 PM »
All that MC drama means people aren't focused on a 1000 yr old dragon game thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-manga-miss-kobayashis-dragon-maid-gets-switch-ps4-game-out-in-spring-2022-english-and-japanese-versions.490030/

Quote from: Dice
Is this the anime about the kids with giant tits or whatever?

:yikes :jgames

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #724 on: September 22, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »
Based on those numbers, Tales of Arise seems to have done pretty decently in its first week as far as I can tell.

:tauntaun

©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #725 on: September 22, 2021, 03:39:44 PM »
The best part is that Nintendo is doing a Direct and NintendieEra and SalesEra overlap.

So they'll just continue their discussions about the bans in the Direct/General Nintendie threads

Play it tactical bois :snob
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #726 on: September 22, 2021, 03:39:50 PM »
Wow, of course it would end with Nep nep quadrupling down on her bullshit.

Don't back down era soldiers! Rise the fuck up!
 :salute

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #727 on: September 22, 2021, 03:39:52 PM »
All that MC drama means people aren't focused on a 1000 yr old dragon game thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-manga-miss-kobayashis-dragon-maid-gets-switch-ps4-game-out-in-spring-2022-english-and-japanese-versions.490030/

those philistines have never heard of a shortstack
 :hhh
Uncle

« Reply #728 on: September 22, 2021, 03:40:44 PM »
Locking the thread is now driving more posts to constructive. Initial responses to Nepenthe's post are, well:
Quote from: Rellik
Wow at the last message in the MC thread. That’s not how to fix things IMO
Quote from: entrydenied

(re:morrigan's stuff)
Yeah it's the " can't wait to ban this person" glee that gets me. I hate that the Japanese sales community is probably gone, along with the members who have offered so much.

I get that modding is thankless and hard but seeing the mistakes repeated over and over, continually driving communities away from here tells me there's a big problem with the way we choose mods and the way the site is moderated.
Quote from: KoolAid
I get that Nepenthe must be absolutely exhausted about everything that has been going on with the MC threads, but I am not sure that last post before lock is the way to go about it.
Quote from: Hasney
Yeah, that's just pouring gasoline on the situation. What in the absolute heck?!
Quote from: Weebos
The endless cycle of driving posters and communities away should signal that the moderation needs to change. It should have signaled that several cycles ago.

Moderators are people too, and they're not paid, but something is seriously wrong with how this site operates.
Quote from: Juryvicious
We all have a choice to make as Nepenthe states.. they've certainly made theirs.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #729 on: September 22, 2021, 03:40:44 PM »

I mean, I certainly wouldn't know if this was the anime with kids with giant tits, that's why I'm asking if this is it. Out of concern.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #730 on: September 22, 2021, 03:40:48 PM »
Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realize that their mod discord is probably filled with them shitting on the community
Someone explained the ResetEra mod discord to me as:

4chan but more racist
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #731 on: September 22, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73874461

(Image removed from quote.)

:dead

I can't WAIT to see how the other mod whose calming demeanour, thick skin, and interpersonal skills is going to somehow make this about them going to defuse the situation!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #732 on: September 22, 2021, 03:42:42 PM »
Nintendies are already manning the lifeboats to the Discord:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-ot27-the-hunt-for-dread-october-support-afghan-women.489427/page-50

What do Cerium?

Admin Nintex to clean house?

Have NEP NEP close the Nintendie thread and lose it all
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #733 on: September 22, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #734 on: September 22, 2021, 03:42:53 PM »
They permabanned the guy who posted the morrigan screencaps

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73871512

User banned (permanent): Participating in a harassment campaign against a member of the community

But wasn't by that logic Morrigan also participating in a harassment campaign?  :thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #735 on: September 22, 2021, 03:43:34 PM »

James, quick, you have an opportunity to get 5 likes again!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #736 on: September 22, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »

©@©™

Kurt Russell

« Reply #737 on: September 22, 2021, 03:44:59 PM »
Is this a good time to ask what Besada's ERA name is?
woke

Jansen

« Reply #738 on: September 22, 2021, 03:46:34 PM »
User banned (permanent): Participating in a harassment campaign against a member of the community

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-47#post-73871512

Who didn't see that one coming

james

« Reply #739 on: September 22, 2021, 03:47:37 PM »

Attention guests: if you sign up, theres a secret forum where extra juicy stuff is posted

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #740 on: September 22, 2021, 03:48:18 PM »
It's just so poetic that the incredibly petty ban against that Bruno guy is now relentlessly exposing them as hypocrites. Such an unforced error.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #741 on: September 22, 2021, 03:48:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73873792

Quote from: Relix
At this point, if you are like me who usually looks for information and news, Era is slowly becoming pointless.

ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #742 on: September 22, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »

« Reply #743 on: September 22, 2021, 03:49:33 PM »
More constructive thread (z e r o from the staff in here, but users getting feisty):
Quote from: Papercuts,
Why did the user who posted that morrigan stuff get permabanned? I thought you couldn’t talk poorly of users off site?
Quote from: purseowner
You also can't bring off-site drama onto Era, hence the ban.
Quote from: SubvertedTrope
Predictably, every time something like this happens, a bunch of people show up to shit on the mods cause they're mad about previous bans. Like that IceMonk 'user', I know whose alt that is dumbass.
Quote from: Jakenbakin
It was evidence of that thread literally being brigaded and encouragement of that action. They banned that poster?
Quote from: Kinthey
There just seems to be a big double standard about when off-site stuff is applicable and when not.
Quote from: Big-E
Its another period of time where the mods can actually look at the situation and start to reflect on why things end up this way and time and again they decide to just purge everyone. Biggest issue with moderation is not looking at themselves when fires are constantly happening and nothing seems to improve.
And as expected, locking the MC thread is just making people open new threads. Why do I feel this is going to have a bigger impact than the PoliERA, AsianERA and TransERA stuff just because it is games related?
Quote from: TheChits
How can members want to hold a mod accountable for their actions and words without being involved in a "harassment campaign"?
Quote from: Papercuts
Trying to report and bring the attention of mods doing this to the mods themselves seems like…well.

Calling it a harassment campaign when it’s her own words is ridiculous.
Quote from: ikaben
Do admins or mods reply in here? Or, are we just talking to a wall?
Quote from: Mary Celeste
maybe I'm wrong, but from what I've seen it's an unwritten rule that users are not allowed to take negatively about moderators without getting permabanned. Morrigan got called out earlier in that thread by another user and was hit by a permaban too, and I've seen it happen many times over the years.
Quote from: EvilChameleon
Nooooo we need less moderators right now, not more. There are currently 38 moderators listed on the roster in the pinned thread. I'm very confident we could cut that in half to 19 and not see any issues in the day to day moderation of this forum.

This guy: always a dick
No one actually gives a fuck what morrigan said, it's about clapping back at her/anyone they have a clear shot at. It's the most transparent thing.
At this point I'm fully expecting the mod ruling to be that that guy deserved to be banned for posting, instead of reporting privately, with those screenshots. Bruno's ban wasn't posted on Era and is, as such, a-ok. Convince the community not to trust you, then demand their only recourse is to trust your private system. what could go wrong.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 03:54:35 PM by nobody of note »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #744 on: September 22, 2021, 03:50:34 PM »
Registrations are open

Time to come home frens  8)
🤴

Kurt Russell

« Reply #745 on: September 22, 2021, 03:52:30 PM »

:whatisthis
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #746 on: September 22, 2021, 03:53:20 PM »
Unlike your fake 'insiders' Nintex actually knows about all the Directs before they happen :trumps
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #747 on: September 22, 2021, 03:53:42 PM »
all drama aside, any sales-age lurkers looking for somewhere thats not orange gaf and also not purple gaf, go to metacouncil which is a chill place without mods based on people not being snide dicks to each other and using posts and the report system as an advanced version of Among Us

(and sign up here to shit talk era, obvs  :pimp )

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #748 on: September 22, 2021, 03:54:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73874461
Quote from: Nepenthe

\
:nepenthe

But I thought these were group decisions? ???
ど助平

james

« Reply #749 on: September 22, 2021, 03:54:43 PM »

:whatisthis

Offline    Taco Bell Tower          Lurker    2021-09-19
Offline    kersten          Lurker    2021-07-23
Offline    Heretech          Lurker    2021-03-29

:shaq2

Hermit

« Reply #750 on: September 22, 2021, 03:57:14 PM »
I'm gonna fuckin' cum

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #751 on: September 22, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe

\
:nepenthe

But I thought these were group decisions? ???

#pluralgang

Propagandhim

« Reply #752 on: September 22, 2021, 03:59:33 PM »
I'm gonna fuckin' cum

You could say you're climaxing or at the summit.

« Reply #753 on: September 22, 2021, 04:02:50 PM »

POST SCREENSHOTS

Not posting screenshots, but I can give the general vibe of them.  Certain already active server got 50 new members in under 10 minutes.  People shit talking the staff, new sales site in the works, assumptions about this being the end of Era, permabanned members shrugging over getting permabanned, stuff like that.

Fun times.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #754 on: September 22, 2021, 04:06:10 PM »
It has mostly hit the Nintendies.

If the Soyboy's and Xbots decide to stay out of it, than either of them will take over as king of the jungle.
This happened before too, SteamEra's demise was a boon for the console players, early soyboy cullings entrenched the Nintendies etc.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2021, 04:08:59 PM »

POST SCREENSHOTS

Not posting screenshots, but I can give the general vibe of them.  Certain already active server got 50 new members in under 10 minutes.  People shit talking the staff, new sales site in the works, assumptions about this being the end of Era, permabanned members shrugging over getting permabanned, stuff like that.

Fun times.

Bro, don't give away all our VTuberERA secrets. :shh
©@©™

Vertigo

« Reply #756 on: September 22, 2021, 04:10:30 PM »
Morrigan jumping before she was pushed, couldn't have happened to a nastier cunt

:crowdlaff

Now let's see that furry failure Nep up next. She's an absolute terrible mod, leading with emotion and feelings over rationality and good sense.

Get her outta here, in fact it's time to clear house on a ton of mods. How can you lose so many popular communities in such a short space of time?

They fucking up your money Cerium.

Jansen

« Reply #757 on: September 22, 2021, 04:11:35 PM »

POST SCREENSHOTS

Fun times.

I'll fucking kill you for not posting screenshots you piece of shit

Or

Wow you posted screenshots how predictable and sad

Propagandhim

« Reply #758 on: September 22, 2021, 04:11:43 PM »
Fuck no, please keep Nepenthe.  She makes this thread so much fucking funnier.   The dead white babies are coming home to roost.  Please spare her, children!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #759 on: September 22, 2021, 04:12:27 PM »
like... look at HOW FUCKING MANY mods they have as 'active' and they still pull the 'we cant read every post' card AND only 'action' things when reported or when theyre losing an argument

https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-staff-roster.7164/

Propagandhim

« Reply #760 on: September 22, 2021, 04:14:05 PM »
like... look at HOW FUCKING MANY mods they have as 'active' and they still pull the 'we cant read every post' card AND only 'action' things when reported or when theyre losing an argument

To be fair, Slayven can barely read.  You can subtract him off the list.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #761 on: September 22, 2021, 04:14:10 PM »
They have more mods than we have active users :heh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #763 on: September 22, 2021, 04:19:29 PM »

To be fair, Slayven can barely read.  You can subtract him off the list.

I seriously believe that he isn't involved in any modding. Like when he himself ends up making duplicate threads that then another mods has to lock. He's more like a mascot.

Vertigo

« Reply #764 on: September 22, 2021, 04:19:39 PM »
I wonder which one of the group mod accounts they'll give Morrigan

:aah

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #765 on: September 22, 2021, 04:20:06 PM »
preemptive

e:
:umad :ufup

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #766 on: September 22, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: September 22, 2021, 04:24:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forums-message-boards-suggestions.490180/#post-73878082

So i'm looking for forum suggestions that have a cool community and stuff, i talked about this before with someone before, but i havent found a good place, its usualy some sub-reddits sugestions, and talk about forums being dead and all.

does anyone know some place?

:marimo
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

SmokyDave

« Reply #771 on: September 22, 2021, 04:29:55 PM »
Oh goodness, what tumultuous times. I hope Neppy doesn’t blow up in a petulant plume, I don’t want to lose two lead characters in one day. Kill off one of the nameless B tier mods next.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #772 on: September 22, 2021, 04:31:24 PM »
The cover up is always worse than the crime  :shaq2

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #773 on: September 22, 2021, 04:35:41 PM »
And to think that people say the Japanese gaming market doesn't matter anymore.

Let this be a lesson to all you gaijin.

--- xXUchiha_HashashiXx

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #774 on: September 22, 2021, 04:37:53 PM »
Wow, decided to catch up on the shit thread when I woke up this morning and now I'm going to be late for work.
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #775 on: September 22, 2021, 04:39:48 PM »
They permabanned the guy who posted the morrigan screencaps

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73871512

But wasn't by that logic Morrigan also participating in a harassment campaign?  :thinking

Nanashrew was also a scumbag and pretty sure he had mod protection... that means he was genuinely pissed off and risked all by posting those screenshots. Most assholes of that forum know how rotten the moderation is, but choose to go with it because it benefits them.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Vertigo

« Reply #777 on: September 22, 2021, 04:47:55 PM »
SubvertedTrope doing overtime in that community thread

And if all else falls accuse someone of being an alt. Unlucky for them no one is buying that line anymore

This is so disingenuous,  give me a break. For the record that bruno guy said "the fact that nepenthe is still a mod there is all you need to know about that place". Wow bruno spell it out why don't you.

No one actually gives a fuck what morrigan said, it's about clapping back at her/anyone they have a clear shot at. It's the most transparent thing.

Quote from: Serene
dude I don't give a fuck about Morrigan and have never been banned so I have zero reason to be mad at anyone. it was just a shitty response. you are painting with way too wide a brush and deflecting a lot of genuine criticism.

The funny thing is individual mods dealing with years long trolling and harrassment campaigns from all over, and add to that disgruntled banned former members. And I have no idea how this flies past everyone's head here that that's why they're so trigger happy about harassment towards them, who the fuck signed up to deal with this mountain of bullshit cause they moderated a video game forum.

December 4th, that does predate the alts I know about. Who are you, I wonder for a moment.

Is "you must be an alt" your only argument?

Quote from: Adulfzen
you're creepy as fuck if you do actually keep a list of supposed alts.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #778 on: September 22, 2021, 04:48:13 PM »
I’ve not seen as big a mod cock sucker as this dummy in the constructive thread:

Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73875487, member: 47794
This is so disingenuous,  give me a break. For the record that bruno guy said "the fact that nepenthe is still a mod there is all you need to know about that place". Wow bruno spell it out why don't you.

Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73875874, member: 47794

Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73876390, member: 47794
The funny thing is individual mods dealing with years long trolling and harrassment campaigns from all over, and add to that disgruntled banned former members. And I have no idea how this flies past everyone's head here that that's why they're so trigger happy about harassment towards them, who the fuck signed up to deal with this mountain of bullshit cause they moderated a video game forum.

Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73876588, member: 47794
December 4th, that does predate the alts I know about. Who are you, I wonder for a moment.

Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73878244, member: 47794
I love how ppl complain when I show up because I'm 'instigating', but the avalanche of users who show up along with me to shit on the mods are just concerned citizens.

No coordinated harassment campaigns here!

E:
God fucking dammit
Margs

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #779 on: September 22, 2021, 04:56:04 PM »

it's like Christmas in September
Holy shit, we have the new Besada.jpg  :rejoice  This is the best day in my entire life

Is that from the mod channel?  Incredible  :preach
hey