Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824449 times)

Hermit

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #960 on: September 23, 2021, 04:28:39 PM »
True metal is the friends we made along the way.

edit: oh god oh fuck let me find some tiddies
editedit: I gotta leave work go find your own metal goth girl witch tits

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #961 on: September 23, 2021, 04:30:33 PM »
i'm hearing from my sources that justin bieber is true metal ;)
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #962 on: September 23, 2021, 04:30:51 PM »
whats true metal? guns n roses?
First of all, it's trve.
Second of all, if people like you have heard it, then it's definitely not kvlt, and if it's not kvlt then it's not trve *insert random umlaut*

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

You owe me Hermit.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 04:39:49 PM by Potato »
Spud

« Reply #963 on: September 23, 2021, 04:32:21 PM »
One important thing changed:

Morrigan can now be added to ignore lists. Metal Era's chance to rise up.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #964 on: September 23, 2021, 04:42:46 PM »
One important thing changed:

Morrigan can now be added to ignore lists. Metal Era's chance to rise up.

Gentlemen Gamers always get the last laugh  :society
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #965 on: September 23, 2021, 04:46:50 PM »
eat shit morrigan!!

you are on the amirox path to enlightenment  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #966 on: September 23, 2021, 04:48:21 PM »
whats true metal? guns n roses?
First of all, it's trve.
Second of all, if people like you have heard it, then it's definitely not kvlt, and if it's not kvlt then it's not trve *insert random umlaut*

[close]

You owe me Hermit.

mmmm avrila lavigne

« Reply #967 on: September 23, 2021, 04:53:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-28#post-73708375

Looks like they rolled back Bruno MB's perm for harassing Nepenthe by criticizing her admin suitability to his twitter followers; now there's no double standard! Curious to see if this placates anyone, or if 'rules are rules until they're inconvenient to mods' remains a sticking point.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2021, 05:00:54 PM »
SPOILER:

MARIO 64 IS BEING RE-RELEASED ON THE OLED SWITCH!

AT ONLY $70USD!!

DIGITAL ONLY!!!!!!!!

AND ITS ONLY ON SALE FOR 3 MONTHS!!!!

BUY IT NOW BITCH!!!!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2021, 05:10:34 PM »
lmao @ still caring about what happens on peter cetera
dog

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2021, 05:23:30 PM »

everyone here is tsundera

"n-not that I care...b-baka..."
 :uguu
Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2021, 05:28:03 PM »
That Depp thread…yeah, no wonder so many men who have been abused just stay silent and “take it like a man”. Thread locked and not a single ban in sight for the victim blaming all throughout.

Start with that person quoting Bo Burnham for some reason on the first or second page.

Boredfrom

« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2021, 07:26:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/n64-and-megadrive-games-coming-to-nintendo-switch-online-paid-expansion-coming-in-october.490702/page-9

Quote from: Dumbass
I hate subscriptions but if this will actually end up with most of the 64 games, damn son. So many of my favourite games are on that console.

HOLY SHIT NINTENDIES ARE DUMB

They can barely update the service with SNES and NES roms and you expect a whole library there?

.  Worth extra money for the online n64 games in my opinion. Nintendos subscription service is already the cheapest of all 3 so I'm not mad in slightest.

No everyone is willing to throw money to the garbage.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #973 on: September 23, 2021, 07:27:34 PM »
I am disappointed at Nintendo for hiring know alt-right cultist Chris Pratt as the voice of Mario in the upcoming hollywood blockbuster coming to theatres next year

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #974 on: September 23, 2021, 07:28:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fantastic-beasts-3-is-called-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-comes-april-15-2022.490015/

Jump to the top of pages 4, 5, and 6 for a good laugh.

Is this Kyjuui's way of saying she wants someone to treat her to a movie.  We'll even get some Chick-Fil-A shakes before so she can review how delicious bigotry tastes.

sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #975 on: September 23, 2021, 07:30:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/n64-and-megadrive-games-coming-to-nintendo-switch-online-paid-expansion-coming-in-october.490702/page-9

I hate subscriptions but if this will actually end up with most of the 64 games, damn son. So many of my favourite games are on that console.

They can barely update the service with SNES and NES roms and you expect a whole library there?

to be fair

there are no games for nes and snes because nintendo are stingy about enticing any major companies to get their games on there, so they have nintendo's own library and nothing else

sega (with konami games) and banjo kazooie says they're actually talking to real publishers for once to fill out other console libraries :mario
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #976 on: September 23, 2021, 07:33:45 PM »
Awww yiss we finally got that Banjo Kazooie rom locked behind a paid subscription service  :doge

F-Zero X tho  :whew
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #977 on: September 23, 2021, 07:34:59 PM »

LIKE-UH white KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR,
FROM-UH LONG TIME AGO

Boredfrom

« Reply #978 on: September 23, 2021, 07:37:22 PM »

to be fair

there are no games for nes and snes because nintendo are stingy about enticing any major companies to get their games on there, so they have nintendo's own library and nothing else

sega (with konami games) and banjo kazooie says they're actually talking to real publishers for once to fill out other console libraries :mario

I don’t see any fucking SNES and NES game announced there for regular subscription? I bet you they don’t give shit yet again after the initial batch.

Boredfrom

« Reply #979 on: September 23, 2021, 07:40:07 PM »
Quote from: Crossing_Eden
. What VO only actors in particular would give you a better performance than people who’re literally referred to as A-listers because of their acting skills?

ARE YOU FOR REAL YOU FUCK?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #980 on: September 23, 2021, 07:40:21 PM »
I don’t see any fucking SNES and NES game announced there for regular subscription? I bet you they don’t give shit yet again after the initial batch.

well of course, they aren't charging base subscription people more money to warrant any extra effort made for existing consoles  :doge
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #981 on: September 23, 2021, 07:47:38 PM »

well of course, they aren't charging base subscription people more money to warrant any extra effort made for existing consoles  :doge

::)  ::)  ::)

That premium price for Super Mario Collection was totally worthy.

They also need to give base subscription something. I would accepted an outright price increase if the compromised to actually update monthly and not just scrapping at the bottom of the barrel. They know that after the initial batch they are not going to update for shit.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #982 on: September 23, 2021, 07:53:02 PM »
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia

imagine getting triggered that you got spoiled the plot from the matrix 4😂😂😂 bro its just a movie😅 fiction made up by some rich dudes in hollywood💀

benjipwns

« Reply #983 on: September 23, 2021, 08:01:27 PM »
I rarely make calls for threads to be made on ResetERA.com but this is a special case...
-The Jedi are inappropriate mascots for social justice.

-Star Wars has a problematic cultural legacy.

-JEDI connects justice initiatives to corporate capital.

-Aligning justice work with Star Wars risks threatening inclusion and sense of belonging.

-The abbreviation JEDI can distract from justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.

It’s worth remembering and reflecting on the fact that the first Star Wars film opens by telling viewers that its sci-fi story lines take place not in an alternative present or potential future but during a period that transpired “a long time ago….” It should give us pause if we are anchoring our ambitions for a more socially just future in fantasies so dated that they were, at the time of their creation, already the distant past.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #984 on: September 23, 2021, 08:06:44 PM »
The Jedi are cops.
©@©™

« Reply #985 on: September 23, 2021, 08:08:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73979494
Quote from: cvxfreak
ey everyone, I've been reading the Era thread and all the feedback. I've asked the team for a chance to speak on my own behalf because I'm crushed by how this has kept escalating, and I don't want to see it keep going in that direction. I love this site and community, I love the sales thread, and the events of the past days are heartbreaking and my fault.

For those who spoke critically of me, all of it is absolutely deserved and I profusely apologize for everything that has happened: the failure as a mod to understand the real underlying issues occurring in MC threads, for my comments on Discord and for the damage that has been dealt to the sales community as a result.

First, I need to address that Chris1964's one day ban was not a power trip. Although it may look like one, it wasn't. His post was reported by a user with no contentious background in the community, and subsequently reviewed by multiple mods and actioned. As the last staff post explained, this ban came after a warning that itself was unwarranted. Clearly, our ignorance about Caiops' intentions led to the team making the incorrect and harmful decision. I'm really sorry about this, too.

Regarding my remarks about Chris in the RE Era Discord, those were also unacceptable. I've followed Chris' work along with the rest of the community for over a decade and he is one of the most valuable contributors to bless the community. His work speaks for itself. My comments, which were a lapse in judgment, are not reflective of the decade-long admiration I have for Chris' sheer intelligence and dedication.

Regarding my comments about his tone, I'm sorry I didn't reach out directly to Chris to discuss this privately. Had I done so, I may have gotten wind of the actual problems sooner. Again, these comments are completely unrelated to the ban, but I still made them. I really cannot overstate how sorry I am for how this has hurt Chris and the entire community. I need to apologize to him personally, so I hope we can sit down together and talk about this as soon as we can.

If you have any other remarks for me, critically or otherwise, please feel free to do so through DMs. This has been deeply shameful and embarrassing on my part. I honestly thought I could try to improve things, but only ended up making them worse. And for that too, I am really sorry.

And lastly, I apologize that it took this long to reach out. I wanted to make sure this message was clear and unambiguous. This community is truly amazing and regardless of how or where you decide to continue, it's been an absolute pleasure seeing and interacting with you over the years.

Quote from: Nepenthe
#2,485
Just as well, it's time to talk.

I know my lock post was sudden. Not only sudden, but birdies in my ear have told me that the post was taken as a call to arms, that I was declaring some huge staff action that would toss out community members. For that I apologize; it was never my intention to have people brace for a round of perms or anything of the sort, and I would hope the relative lack of mod activity on this subject since then demonstrates that.

We need to be straight. This thread was locked thrice? Four times? Because after each opening, the fire had grown bigger and bigger. I was away for most of it at work, and every time I hopped in when I could, some new blow-up would have already occurred, and there I am further behind and unable to get a bead on what exactly was happening.

The final lock was primarily to just get a chance to breathe while I and other staff could process things. That's all it was meant to be, and nothing more.

Quote from: poodle strike
It started off with a one day ban in this thread and three days later we've lost members and staff and no one is better off for it. Each attempted reopening has only led to wilder escalation, and there's been more than enough of that, so we're going to let it end here. Staff have been engaging the community on Discord and in the process have gained a much better understanding of why things spiraled so quickly. Those conversations are still ongoing.

A few final notes:

This hasn't previously been articulated as a written policy, so certain bans have been rescinded for lack of warning, but we need to explain that members using public social media platforms like Twitter to direct hate at individual staff members has, in the past, led to or fueled doxing and harassment campaigns. Women and minorities get the worst of this. For this reason, we will sometimes issue bans when staff are singled out on a public platform. This only matters on public platforms. We do not care what anyone says in private channels where there's no risk of it leading to harassment.

With the exception of that final lock message, Nepenthe's only role in this was as a messenger. She did not issue any unilateral bans or have any involvement in trying to draft policy or really anything else. This is also true of other staff who were dragged into this and made targets despite having no role at all.

Now, while there were plenty of mistakes on the staff end, some of the reactions by posters were grossly disproportionate and contributed to the rapid escalation of the situation. If you want a mod team that works well, they need to not be in constant fear of brigades or people with a grudge who bluntly want to hurt them and will seize any opportunity to point an angry mob their way. We haven't always been clear about how and why we protect the staff from personal attacks. That's going to change, and updates will be made to the TOS.

Finally we need to emphasize that there was never any grand plan here at any point. There's a tendency to read a lot into anything the staff says or does, but the truth is that we've been caught with our pants down at every step and fumbling to manage a situation that seemed to get crazier every day. Emotions ran high. Sleep and tempers were short. Mistakes were made. We've taken the time since the last lock message to gather ourselves as best we can and hope that cooler heads will be able to prevail.
sounds like summit time

Jansen

« Reply #986 on: September 23, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73979998

Poodlestrike
Now you've been (nah nah) POODLESTRUCK Administrator
He/Him

It started off with a one day ban in this thread and three days later we've lost members and staff and no one is better off for it. Each attempted reopening has only led to wilder escalation, and there's been more than enough of that, so we're going to let it end here. Staff have been engaging the community on Discord and in the process have gained a much better understanding of why things spiraled so quickly. Those conversations are still ongoing.

A few final notes:

This hasn't previously been articulated as a written policy, so certain bans have been rescinded for lack of warning, but we need to explain that members using public social media platforms like Twitter to direct hate at individual staff members has, in the past, led to or fueled doxing and harassment campaigns. Women and minorities get the worst of this. For this reason, we will sometimes issue bans when staff are singled out on a public platform. This only matters on public platforms. We do not care what anyone says in private channels where there's no risk of it leading to harassment.

With the exception of that final lock message, Nepenthe's only role in this was as a messenger. She did not issue any unilateral bans or have any involvement in trying to draft policy or really anything else. This is also true of other staff who were dragged into this and made targets despite having no role at all.

Now, while there were plenty of mistakes on the staff end, some of the reactions by posters were grossly disproportionate and contributed to the rapid escalation of the situation. If you want a mod team that works well, they need to not be in constant fear of brigades or people with a grudge who bluntly want to hurt them and will seize any opportunity to point an angry mob their way. We haven't always been clear about how and why we protect the staff from personal attacks. That's going to change, and updates will be made to the TOS.

Finally we need to emphasize that there was never any grand plan here at any point. There's a tendency to read a lot into anything the staff says or does, but the truth is that we've been caught with our pants down at every step and fumbling to manage a situation that seemed to get crazier every day. Emotions ran high. Sleep and tempers were short. Mistakes were made. We've taken the time since the last lock message to gather ourselves as best we can and hope that cooler heads will be able to prevail.

hope that cooler heads will be able to prevail
Lol at that last line
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:16:43 PM by Jansen »

Boredfrom

« Reply #987 on: September 23, 2021, 08:11:42 PM »
. If you are, like some of the authors of this piece, a longtime fan of Star Wars (or Disney) and have found yourself defensively bristling while reading the paragraphs above, take a moment to consider that response. We suggest that such a reaction reveals how easily Star Wars and JEDI can introduce distractions and confuse conversations. How ready are we to prioritize the cultural dreamscape of the Jedi over the real-world project of social justice? Investing in the term JEDI positions us to apologize for, or explain away, the stereotypes and politics associated with Star Wars and Disney. How eager are we to fight Star Wars’ battles, when that time and energy could be better spent fighting for social justice?

I didn’t know that naming social programs as Star Wars terms was such a big problem to begin with, thanks kotaku scientific American.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #988 on: September 23, 2021, 08:12:28 PM »
they did this right after the direct in the hopes of [burying the direct/hurting nintendo] [burying their response with all the hype going on elsewhere]
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #989 on: September 23, 2021, 08:12:44 PM »
some of the reactions by posters were grossly disproportionate and contributed to the rapid escalation of the situation. If you want a mod team that works well, they need to not be in constant fear of brigades or people with a grudge who bluntly want to hurt them and will seize any opportunity to point an angry mob their way. We haven't always been clear about how and why we protect the staff from personal attacks. That's going to change, and updates will be made to the TOS.

yes this was the problem
🤴

« Reply #990 on: September 23, 2021, 08:15:05 PM »
...wait does that meant the TOS is going to literally say criticizing the mods anywhere in public justifies a permaban?

You sure as shit can't say "Nepenthe's temper and lack of perspective make her a bad fit for administration" on Era, and now they're going to codify that saying it off-Era is harassment as well?

I can't believe they're once again going the faux-humble, insincere route. Cvxfreak's post is probably the best; Nepenthe's is hilariously unbelievable given the venom in her lock message still in place. Poodlestrike seems to be saying the Bruce ban was justified but they're letting it slide because they hadn't been clear before.

Once again, the mod team doesn't think the issue is with their policies or practices. I look forward to the next time this happens, although they're going to eventually run out of communities to piss off.

samir

« Reply #991 on: September 23, 2021, 08:17:17 PM »
Seems like the internet jannies got a stern talking to from big boss Cerium

Jansen

« Reply #992 on: September 23, 2021, 08:19:29 PM »
Lol is cvx even a mod cuz you can put them on ignore

benjipwns

« Reply #993 on: September 23, 2021, 08:21:27 PM »
Quote from: Poodlestrike
Uh, this makes no sense. Where else to best start "harassment" campaigns than from "private" places where the public and dissenting forces can't tread?

Also, nobody was "direct[ing] hate" they were criticizing staff decisions.

This is all aside from the fact that there has never been a "harassment campaign" against a ResetERA.com staff member launched from "public social media platforms" that I'm aware of. Certainly not one that reached the level of criticism that Royalan was subject to.

« Reply #994 on: September 23, 2021, 08:24:03 PM »
Constructive thread not showing this going over fantastically:
Quote from: Serene
ok I have to say something about the latest mod posts in the MC thread because it's just ridiculous

- Cvx's apology is all well and good, but actions speak louder than words and the fact that he's remaining in his mod position after all that takes a lot of weight out of his supposed contrition.

- Nepenthe's post saying they weren't trying to threaten anything is absurd considering the tone of the lock message, which was over the top and aggressive in a significant way, something that she ignores in her follow-up and does not hold herself accountable for other than to say it wasn't her intention which is very hard to believe given the emotionally-charged content of the message.

- Poodle's line about Twitter posting being not ok to call because it's public while Discord is ok because of privacy speaks to a huge misunderstanding of how hate brigades can be formed and how any sort of negative messaging on ANY platform, public or private, should be zero tolerance from a mod perspective.
Quote from: Starlatine
It's a big "its okay to be shitty as long as you dont get caught" which uhhhh you shouldnt be encouraging?
Quote from: Era of not Yakuza
Yep, Cvx gets a free pass but Bruno don't (not saying it is ok), what is the difference? How many followers Bruno had? If I complain on discord does it have threshold of how many members qualify as gathering mobs?
Quote from: Sol
That post reads like it was right out of ResetEra meltdown flowchart.

"we're all sorry this happened but actually everyone is at fault here because <reasons> and you all should really trust us more okay"

Boredfrom

« Reply #995 on: September 23, 2021, 08:25:03 PM »
It means “somebody from KiwiFarms recognized Morrigan from metal forums and got her info from easy accesible public places”.

Jansen

« Reply #996 on: September 23, 2021, 08:25:32 PM »
Uh, this makes no sense. Where else to best start "harassment" campaigns than from "private" places where the public and dissenting forces can't tread?

This is all aside from the fact that there has never been a "harassment campaign" against a ResetERA.com staff member launched from "public social media platforms" that I'm aware of. Certainly not one that reached the level of criticism that Royalan was subject to.

Wow they're really twisted themselves into a pretzel in order to justify shitting on users from discord :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #997 on: September 23, 2021, 08:29:14 PM »
It means “somebody from KiwiFarms recognized Morrigan from metal forums and got her info from easy accesible public places”.
That shit wasn't even on KF first, I saw it back on NeoGAF.com. I believe some of it she posted herself like the kendo videos.

And to her credit she's always said she's the same Morrigan as on the metal forums.

Constructive thread not showing this going over fantastically:
Quote from: Serene
- Poodle's line about Twitter posting being not ok to call because it's public while Discord is ok because of privacy speaks to a huge misunderstanding of how hate brigades can be formed and how any sort of negative messaging on ANY platform, public or private, should be zero tolerance from a mod perspective.
Also, Discord is not private, it simply can require invites.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #998 on: September 23, 2021, 08:30:11 PM »
Lol is cvx even a mod cuz you can put them on ignore

(Image removed from quote.)

First, I need to address that Chris1964's one day ban was not a power trip. Although it may look like one, it wasn't.

:gurl

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #999 on: September 23, 2021, 08:32:05 PM »

:stahp

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1000 on: September 23, 2021, 08:32:29 PM »

how can a person consciously interpret all forms of criticism as a "harassment campaign" and not be horribly embarrassed to imply anyone else is thin-skinned

how can mods go in so hard to claim that discord comments were misinterpreted as applying too broadly or more critically than intended, while simultaneously saying that a guy on twitter questioning nepenthe's reign should be interpreted in the worst possible light

:cat
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #1001 on: September 23, 2021, 08:38:15 PM »
Quote from: Morrigan
Btw I've banned more people from that Discord and routinely yell at them when they troll/platform war/fanboy like idiots, so this is also kind of funny to think I'm "protecting them" by just saying "don't worry, if you say you like us and don't break the rules you're fine". Anyway

:doge  :doge  :doge

Why the fuck you would protect idiots than don’t obey you to begin with? That argument doesn’t exonerate you. Also, trolling and platform is frowned in your fucking forum to begin with you moron, so they are breaking the rhetorical rules to begin with.

Is like Stalin said “I send people that disobeys me to die all the time, so is absurd that people said that I protect my inner circle if they behave as I like”  :maf

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1002 on: September 23, 2021, 08:57:27 PM »
Quote from: cvxfreak
ey everyone, I've been reading the Era thread and all the feedback. I've asked the team for a chance to speak on my own behalf because I'm crushed by how this has kept escalating, and I don't want to see it keep going in that direction. I love this site and community, I love the sales thread, and the events of the past days are heartbreaking and my fault.

For those who spoke critically of me, all of it is absolutely deserved and I profusely apologize for everything that has happened: the failure as a mod to understand the real underlying issues occurring in MC threads, for my comments on Discord and for the damage that has been dealt to the sales community as a result.

First, I need to address that Chris1964's one day ban was not a power trip. Although it may look like one, it wasn't. His post was reported by a user with no contentious background in the community, and subsequently reviewed by multiple mods and actioned. As the last staff post explained, this ban came after a warning that itself was unwarranted. Clearly, our ignorance about Caiops' intentions led to the team making the incorrect and harmful decision. I'm really sorry about this, too.

Regarding my remarks about Chris in the RE Era Discord, those were also unacceptable. I've followed Chris' work along with the rest of the community for over a decade and he is one of the most valuable contributors to bless the community. His work speaks for itself. My comments, which were a lapse in judgment, are not reflective of the decade-long admiration I have for Chris' sheer intelligence and dedication.

Regarding my comments about his tone, I'm sorry I didn't reach out directly to Chris to discuss this privately. Had I done so, I may have gotten wind of the actual problems sooner. Again, these comments are completely unrelated to the ban, but I still made them. I really cannot overstate how sorry I am for how this has hurt Chris and the entire community. I need to apologize to him personally, so I hope we can sit down together and talk about this as soon as we can.

If you have any other remarks for me, critically or otherwise, please feel free to do so through DMs. This has been deeply shameful and embarrassing on my part. I honestly thought I could try to improve things, but only ended up making them worse. And for that too, I am really sorry.

And lastly, I apologize that it took this long to reach out. I wanted to make sure this message was clear and unambiguous. This community is truly amazing and regardless of how or where you decide to continue, it's been an absolute pleasure seeing and interacting with you over the years.

Still a mod, no step down. Just one big, 'Doh, please forgive me?!'

Quote from: Nepenthe
#2,485
Just as well, it's time to talk.

I know my lock post was sudden. Not only sudden, but birdies in my ear have told me that the post was taken as a call to arms, that I was declaring some huge staff action that would toss out community members. For that I apologize; it was never my intention to have people brace for a round of perms or anything of the sort, and I would hope the relative lack of mod activity on this subject since then demonstrates that.

We need to be straight. This thread was locked thrice? Four times? Because after each opening, the fire had grown bigger and bigger. I was away for most of it at work, and every time I hopped in when I could, some new blow-up would have already occurred, and there I am further behind and unable to get a bead on what exactly was happening.

The final lock was primarily to just get a chance to breathe while I and other staff could process things. That's all it was meant to be, and nothing more.

Anyone who believes any of this one needs to up their medication. I mean, let's go back to the footage:

Quote from: NepNep before getting talked to
You all have lost your absolute fucking minds.

This thread will open when I'm ready for it to open.

When it does, that will be the end of this. Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

Leave, stay, do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves.

I mean, people can be dumb, but that's pretty unequivocal.

Quote from: poodle strike

A few final notes:

And to finish it all off, Poodle's screed on why none of it is their fault.

Bruhs and Sis's, I'm keeping the faith.

benjipwns

« Reply #1003 on: September 23, 2021, 08:57:46 PM »
Let me be more specific about this. It's not private as implied by Poodlestrike simply because the number of people who can see it can be limited. Privacy has further connotations to it. PMs/DMs are "private" because there's only two parties involved and if both agree to privacy, privacy is maintained. (Except in cases where a third party can read those PM/DMs.) Discord is closer to a forum you need an account for to read and not all Discords require invites either. (To make matters worse, some Discords have invites, but they're incredibly lax about it, having universal invites that last for years!) If there are hundreds of people in a Discord you should not have the expectation of privacy, literally every message could be logged by someone (Discord itself already logs (but does not preserve) every message) and used for nefarious purposes. Even a small Discord like The Bire's has close to a hundred members and an equal number of Glen alts, although only about 25-30 are regularly active, the difference is unlike the Bire forum it cannot be read by someone without an approved account. There are accounts often online in the Bire Discord that never post (ala Moblin), I myself are often AFK but still online there simply because I don't bother to close Discord treating it like Steam, etc. This "problem" would be compounded in any large Discord like I imagine a NintendoERA Discord would be where there could be hundreds of accounts there purely for surveillance and harassment generation purposes. (Again, we have to use the ResetERA.com staff mentality of everyone acting in bad faith at all times.)

Let me doubly compound the issue here. You can make Twitter into a "private" forum too. If Bruno went private on Twitter then nobody he doesn't approve of could read his tweets, but they would still exist and Twitter would still be a "public social media platform." IF his tweet was discovered, say by someone forwarding them to ResetERA.com staff (or posting images of them on The Bire where ResetERA.com staff members saw them), which exception would apply? Does doing this make Twitter have "no risk ... leading to harassment" then?

They simply cannot use a public/private distinction here to write exceptions into their off-site/on-site rules, which themselves have never been codified. Either all off-site and on-site criticism should be held in equal weight or it should not. Or, you must write a specific exception that you do not accept Discord/IRC/chat evidence, only Twitter evidence or whatever. Which brings us back to the larger point of their incompetence in maintaining the rules and updating them properly, something they do not do, ever. We can assume bad faith in the ResetERA.com staff because they do not codify the rules, enforce the unwritten rules and THEN point people to the written rules as what guidelines to follow despite there being other uncodified rules that are enforced more often than the written ones. This is not hard but they refuse to do it.

edit: To make another comparison to The Bire. The Bire also has many unwritten rules (like not spamming pictures of the Holodomor) but none of them contradict or supersede the codified rules, which admittingly are nearly non-existent. The point is that the moderation stays entirely consistent and thus, can be believed to be acting in good faith. Even still: BAN THE MODS AND KILL THEM.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 09:04:38 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #1004 on: September 23, 2021, 08:58:10 PM »
Let me be more specific about this. It's not private as implied by Poodlestrike simply because the number of people who can see it can be limited. Privacy has further connotations to it. PMs/DMs are "private" because there's only two parties involved and if both agree to privacy, privacy is maintained. (Except in cases where a third party can read those PM/DMs.) Discord is closer to a forum you need an account for to read and not all Discords require invites either. (To make matters worse, some Discords have invites, but they're incredibly lax about it, having universal invites that last for years!) If there are hundreds of people in a Discord you should not have the expectation of privacy, literally every message could be logged by someone (Discord itself already logs (but does not preserve) every message) and used for nefarious purposes. Even a small Discord like The Bire's has close to a hundred members and an equal number of Glen alts, although only about 25-30 are regularly active, the difference is unlike the Bire forum it cannot be read by someone without an approved account. There are accounts often online in the Bire Discord that never post (ala Moblin), I myself are often AFK but still online there simply because I don't bother to close Discord treating it like Steam, etc. This "problem" would be compounded in any large Discord like I imagine a NintendoERA Discord would be where there could be hundreds of accounts there purely for surveillance and harassment generation purposes. (Again, we have to use the ResetERA.com staff mentality of everyone acting in bad faith at all times.)

Let me doubly compound the issue here. You can make Twitter into a "private" forum too. If Bruno went private on Twitter then nobody he doesn't approve of could read his tweets, but they would still exist and Twitter would still be a "public social media platform." IF his tweet was discovered, say by someone forwarding them to ResetERA.com staff (or posting images of them on The Bire where ResetERA.com staff members saw them), which exception would apply? Does doing this make Twitter have "no risk ... leading to harassment" then?

They simply cannot use a public/private distinction here to write exceptions into their off-site/on-site rules, which themselves have never been codified. Either all off-site and on-site criticism should be held in equal weight or it should not. Or, you must write a specific exception that you do not accept Discord/IRC/chat evidence, only Twitter evidence or whatever. Which brings us back to the larger point of their incompetence in maintaining the rules and updating them properly, something they do not do, ever. We can assume bad faith in the ResetERA.com staff because they do not codify the rules, enforce the unwritten rules and THEN point people to the written rules as what guidelines to follow despite there being other uncodified rules that are enforced more often than the written ones. This is not hard but they refuse to do it.
shut up nerd

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1005 on: September 23, 2021, 09:03:15 PM »
I also like how they just ignore Morrigan storming the thread and telling them all to fuck themselves after it was revealed she helped target the thread.

« Reply #1006 on: September 23, 2021, 09:05:22 PM »
Morrigan did it in private and the veil of privacy totally meant a mod OKing brigading a thread wouldn't actually impact the forum! Someone breaching the veil of privacy made her actions afterwards not her fault because of KiwiFarms Doxxing PTSD.

Also I feel like an idiot for thinking Nepenthe's "it's time to talk" would lead to them unlocking the thread for dialogue. They're just gonna let it sink into the ocean and really revert to normal.

benjipwns

« Reply #1007 on: September 23, 2021, 09:07:33 PM »
The idea that the mods do not target anyone is simply actual gaslighting by the moderators and their sycophants. If they didn't then we couldn't accurately predict it, nor would we be able to be able to easily illustrate it by "harassment" being organized in threads like in the Men Who Do Not Want To See Flesh Thread or PoliEra. You don't even need access to the "private channels" to witness it!

ShutUp

« Reply #1008 on: September 23, 2021, 09:17:43 PM »
I rarely make calls for threads to be made on ResetERA.com but this is a special case...

-Aligning justice work with Star Wars risks threatening inclusion and sense of belonging.

-The abbreviation JEDI can distract from justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.

It’s worth remembering and reflecting on the fact that the first Star Wars film opens by telling viewers that its sci-fi story lines take place not in an alternative present or potential future but during a period that transpired “a long time ago….” It should give us pause if we are anchoring our ambitions for a more socially just future in fantasies so dated that they were, at the time of their creation, already the distant past.

:era

They are movies with space wizards waving blades of light around. Stop taking this shit THIS seriously people.

ShutUp

« Reply #1009 on: September 23, 2021, 09:21:56 PM »
some of the reactions by posters were grossly disproportionate and contributed to the rapid escalation of the situation. If you want a mod team that works well, they need to not be in constant fear of brigades or people with a grudge who bluntly want to hurt them and will seize any opportunity to point an angry mob their way. We haven't always been clear about how and why we protect the staff from personal attacks. That's going to change, and updates will be made to the TOS.

yes this was the problem

People with a grudge, the mods, is what kicked this whole shit storm off in the first place. Angry mobs are constantly storming threads over there and taking over discussions. Do they have collective amnesia and have forgotten the whole Cyberpunk debacle? Jesus H Christ

ShutUp

« Reply #1010 on: September 23, 2021, 09:28:51 PM »
So yet again mods learned absolutely nothing and the thread is going to stay locked. They say “we had to keep closing the thread because it got worse each time we reopened it!” - yes, idiots, because Morrigan and company kept digging deeper and deeper after receipts were posted. People were rightfully getting angry and daring to voice independent thoughts.

But hey, update that TOS to even further protect moderators shitting on people offsite, as you ban people for calling them out on site. Everyone but you is at fault, like always.

FUME5

« Reply #1011 on: September 23, 2021, 09:36:50 PM »
This is the future liberals want.

BIONIC

« Reply #1012 on: September 23, 2021, 09:54:59 PM »
Quote from: y2kyle89, post: 73967962, member: 41138
Surprised that the 'controlling the monster' dance part of the trailer she still had her clothes.

I'm actually curious if this even is Bayonetta?
[ISPOILER]I thought Dragon-demon was on her shit list after 2?[/ISPOILER]

Quote from: grand, post: 73968196, member: 1554
Bayonetta 3 having a decent trailer makes the Project Eve game from the Sony show even more hilariously terrible

Quote from: TheBlackSwordman, post: 73968445, member: 57363
Have you watched the new Bayonetta 3 trailer?

I think she didn't get naked this time! And the camera didn't zoom on her ass! I can't believe it!

Quote from: Dice, post: 73968802, member: 2688
Wow, butt shots aside, I've always liked Bayo changing her look in each game.  But I really like this look!

Quote from: Dmax3901, post: 73969621, member: 4989
Other than the one ass shot there was a distinct lack of extreme close ups on t and a in this trailer. She also appears to have a skirt?

Quote from: ChronoMonarch, post: 73969840, member: 56177
I sincerely hope it stays that way too!

Quote from: Yabberwocky, post: 73971520, member: 18779
Wondering if it's a prequel, with Bayo having Cereza-esue hair. Not sure what to make of her new design, it's so beautiful in some areas, but makes her look a bit childish in others.

And no Hellena Taylor! whyyyyyyy They've tried to voice match her anyway, why not just cast her?

Positives with new trailer: not getting naked to summon and no objectifying camera pans. Sigh. Monkey's paw!

Quote from: TheBlackSwordman, post: 73973698, member: 57363
I don't want to get my hopes up because it was barely a teaser, but... I think I'm actually hyped for Bayonetta 3 now!

I love the fact that she seems to be as charming and confident as ever even though she didn't get naked this time, which proves that fanservice is completely unnecessary because her ass isn't part of her character.

Seriously, this brief trailer was a huge improvement IMO. If the final product remains like this, I may finally stop considering Bayonetta a problematic female character.

I find hilarious how Project Eve tries so hard to be “the new Bayonetta” even though it doesn't get why people love her. This trailer just proved that Bayonetta doesn't need to be naked to be cool!

Quote from: Metalsnakezero, post: 73979782, member: 42097
Bayonetta is confident about herself while the character in Project Eve is lacking that.

:exxy
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1013 on: September 23, 2021, 09:59:44 PM »

:era

They are movies with space wizards waving blades of light around. Stop taking this shit THIS seriously people.

this is a disingenuous goof take that I would make

:mike
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1014 on: September 23, 2021, 10:16:59 PM »
Quote from: y2kyle89, post: 73967962, member: 41138
Surprised that the 'controlling the monster' dance part of the trailer she still had her clothes.

I'm actually curious if this even is Bayonetta?
[ISPOILER]I thought Dragon-demon was on her shit list after 2?[/ISPOILER]

Quote from: grand, post: 73968196, member: 1554
Bayonetta 3 having a decent trailer makes the Project Eve game from the Sony show even more hilariously terrible

Quote from: TheBlackSwordman, post: 73968445, member: 57363
Have you watched the new Bayonetta 3 trailer?

I think she didn't get naked this time! And the camera didn't zoom on her ass! I can't believe it!

Quote from: Dice, post: 73968802, member: 2688
Wow, butt shots aside, I've always liked Bayo changing her look in each game.  But I really like this look!

Quote from: Dmax3901, post: 73969621, member: 4989
Other than the one ass shot there was a distinct lack of extreme close ups on t and a in this trailer. She also appears to have a skirt?

Quote from: ChronoMonarch, post: 73969840, member: 56177
I sincerely hope it stays that way too!

Quote from: Yabberwocky, post: 73971520, member: 18779
Wondering if it's a prequel, with Bayo having Cereza-esue hair. Not sure what to make of her new design, it's so beautiful in some areas, but makes her look a bit childish in others.

And no Hellena Taylor! whyyyyyyy They've tried to voice match her anyway, why not just cast her?

Positives with new trailer: not getting naked to summon and no objectifying camera pans. Sigh. Monkey's paw!

Quote from: TheBlackSwordman, post: 73973698, member: 57363
I don't want to get my hopes up because it was barely a teaser, but... I think I'm actually hyped for Bayonetta 3 now!

I love the fact that she seems to be as charming and confident as ever even though she didn't get naked this time, which proves that fanservice is completely unnecessary because her ass isn't part of her character.

Seriously, this brief trailer was a huge improvement IMO. If the final product remains like this, I may finally stop considering Bayonetta a problematic female character.

I find hilarious how Project Eve tries so hard to be “the new Bayonetta” even though it doesn't get why people love her. This trailer just proved that Bayonetta doesn't need to be naked to be cool!

Quote from: Metalsnakezero, post: 73979782, member: 42097
Bayonetta is confident about herself while the character in Project Eve is lacking that.

:exxy

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1441206806638825479

:success

Boredfrom

« Reply #1015 on: September 23, 2021, 10:32:21 PM »
Is kind of creepy they are celebrating the design when it clearly aludes to her child self from Bayonetta 1.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1016 on: September 23, 2021, 10:32:56 PM »
It’s because we all have special autism powers that help us find patterns where normies couldn’t.

J/k its just really blatant as fuck
[close]

BIONIC

« Reply #1017 on: September 23, 2021, 10:51:54 PM »
Is kind of creepy they are celebrating the design when it clearly aludes to her child self from Bayonetta 1.

Yeah, sounds like the kinda thing you’d be into.
Margs

Risible

« Reply #1018 on: September 23, 2021, 11:00:07 PM »
I registered at the Bore almost ten years ago.  I have exactly (with this one) 136 posts over that period.  I visit the Bore every day, once a day, on the shitter on my phone.  The Bore has been my go-to pooping time-waster. I have never seen the website on a PC-based browser.

Until this glorious day.  I type this at my PC, having logged into www.thebore.com because I wanted to have a better reading experience as I read through this glorious moment in time.  Still not done, still have like 5 pages of drama to read through, but had to share this momentous moment with the Bore brethren.  That is all.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #1019 on: September 23, 2021, 11:07:28 PM »
I registered at the Bore almost ten years ago.  I have exactly (with this one) 136 posts over that period.  I visit the Bore every day, once a day, on the shitter on my phone.  The Bore has been my go-to pooping time-waster. I have never seen the website on a PC-based browser.

Until this glorious day.  I type this at my PC, having logged into www.thebore.com because I wanted to have a better reading experience as I read through this glorious moment in time.  Still not done, still have like 5 pages of drama to read through, but had to share this momentous moment with the Bore brethren.  That is all.

The Bire welcomes you. 
hey