Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824533 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1020 on: September 23, 2021, 11:12:25 PM »
Is kind of creepy they are celebrating the design when it clearly aludes to her child self from Bayonetta 1.

Yeah, sounds like the kinda thing you’d be into.

Why, my dear?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1021 on: September 23, 2021, 11:14:34 PM »
I registered at the Bore almost ten years ago.  I have exactly (with this one) 136 posts over that period.
Post from your real account, coward.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #1022 on: September 23, 2021, 11:19:25 PM »
This really is one of the greatest threads in the history of forums. Countless laughs over the past 15 years thanks to Benji's autism hard work.
hey

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1023 on: September 23, 2021, 11:46:37 PM »
I registered at the Bore almost ten years ago.  I have exactly (with this one) 136 posts over that period.  I visit the Bore every day, once a day, on the shitter on my phone.  The Bore has been my go-to pooping time-waster. I have never seen the website on a PC-based browser.

Until this glorious day.  I type this at my PC, having logged into www.thebore.com because I wanted to have a better reading experience as I read through this glorious moment in time.  Still not done, still have like 5 pages of drama to read through, but had to share this momentous moment with the Bore brethren.  That is all.
:mynicca

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1024 on: September 23, 2021, 11:56:09 PM »
Is kind of creepy they are celebrating the design when it clearly aludes to her child self from Bayonetta 1.

Considering the kind of people that post in that thread and what they like are you really surprised?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1025 on: September 24, 2021, 12:21:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73979494
Quote from: cvxfreak
ey everyone, I've been reading the Era thread and all the feedback. I've asked the team for a chance to speak on my own behalf because I'm crushed by how this has kept escalating, and I don't want to see it keep going in that direction. I love this site and community, I love the sales thread, and the events of the past days are heartbreaking and my fault.

For those who spoke critically of me, all of it is absolutely deserved and I profusely apologize for everything that has happened: the failure as a mod to understand the real underlying issues occurring in MC threads, for my comments on Discord and for the damage that has been dealt to the sales community as a result.

First, I need to address that Chris1964's one day ban was not a power trip. Although it may look like one, it wasn't. His post was reported by a user with no contentious background in the community, and subsequently reviewed by multiple mods and actioned. As the last staff post explained, this ban came after a warning that itself was unwarranted. Clearly, our ignorance about Caiops' intentions led to the team making the incorrect and harmful decision. I'm really sorry about this, too.

Regarding my remarks about Chris in the RE Era Discord, those were also unacceptable. I've followed Chris' work along with the rest of the community for over a decade and he is one of the most valuable contributors to bless the community. His work speaks for itself. My comments, which were a lapse in judgment, are not reflective of the decade-long admiration I have for Chris' sheer intelligence and dedication.

Regarding my comments about his tone, I'm sorry I didn't reach out directly to Chris to discuss this privately. Had I done so, I may have gotten wind of the actual problems sooner. Again, these comments are completely unrelated to the ban, but I still made them. I really cannot overstate how sorry I am for how this has hurt Chris and the entire community. I need to apologize to him personally, so I hope we can sit down together and talk about this as soon as we can.

If you have any other remarks for me, critically or otherwise, please feel free to do so through DMs. This has been deeply shameful and embarrassing on my part. I honestly thought I could try to improve things, but only ended up making them worse. And for that too, I am really sorry.

And lastly, I apologize that it took this long to reach out. I wanted to make sure this message was clear and unambiguous. This community is truly amazing and regardless of how or where you decide to continue, it's been an absolute pleasure seeing and interacting with you over the years.

Quote from: Nepenthe
#2,485
Just as well, it's time to talk.

I know my lock post was sudden. Not only sudden, but birdies in my ear have told me that the post was taken as a call to arms, that I was declaring some huge staff action that would toss out community members. For that I apologize; it was never my intention to have people brace for a round of perms or anything of the sort, and I would hope the relative lack of mod activity on this subject since then demonstrates that.

We need to be straight. This thread was locked thrice? Four times? Because after each opening, the fire had grown bigger and bigger. I was away for most of it at work, and every time I hopped in when I could, some new blow-up would have already occurred, and there I am further behind and unable to get a bead on what exactly was happening.

The final lock was primarily to just get a chance to breathe while I and other staff could process things. That's all it was meant to be, and nothing more.

Quote from: poodle strike
It started off with a one day ban in this thread and three days later we've lost members and staff and no one is better off for it. Each attempted reopening has only led to wilder escalation, and there's been more than enough of that, so we're going to let it end here. Staff have been engaging the community on Discord and in the process have gained a much better understanding of why things spiraled so quickly. Those conversations are still ongoing.

A few final notes:

This hasn't previously been articulated as a written policy, so certain bans have been rescinded for lack of warning, but we need to explain that members using public social media platforms like Twitter to direct hate at individual staff members has, in the past, led to or fueled doxing and harassment campaigns. Women and minorities get the worst of this. For this reason, we will sometimes issue bans when staff are singled out on a public platform. This only matters on public platforms. We do not care what anyone says in private channels where there's no risk of it leading to harassment.

With the exception of that final lock message, Nepenthe's only role in this was as a messenger. She did not issue any unilateral bans or have any involvement in trying to draft policy or really anything else. This is also true of other staff who were dragged into this and made targets despite having no role at all.

Now, while there were plenty of mistakes on the staff end, some of the reactions by posters were grossly disproportionate and contributed to the rapid escalation of the situation. If you want a mod team that works well, they need to not be in constant fear of brigades or people with a grudge who bluntly want to hurt them and will seize any opportunity to point an angry mob their way. We haven't always been clear about how and why we protect the staff from personal attacks. That's going to change, and updates will be made to the TOS.

Finally we need to emphasize that there was never any grand plan here at any point. There's a tendency to read a lot into anything the staff says or does, but the truth is that we've been caught with our pants down at every step and fumbling to manage a situation that seemed to get crazier every day. Emotions ran high. Sleep and tempers were short. Mistakes were made. We've taken the time since the last lock message to gather ourselves as best we can and hope that cooler heads will be able to prevail.
sounds like summit time

mod summit?

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #1026 on: September 24, 2021, 12:28:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73979494
ey everyone, I've been reading the Era thread and all the feedback. I've asked the team for a chance to speak on my own behalf because I'm crushed by how this has kept escalating, and I don't want to see it keep going in that direction. I love this site and community, I love the sales thread, and the events of the past days are heartbreaking and my fault.

For those who spoke critically of me, all of it is absolutely deserved and I profusely apologize for everything that has happened: the failure as a mod to understand the real underlying issues occurring in MC threads, for my comments on Discord and for the damage that has been dealt to the sales community as a result.

First, I need to address that Chris1964's one day ban was not a power trip. Although it may look like one, it wasn't. His post was reported by a user with no contentious background in the community, and subsequently reviewed by multiple mods and actioned. As the last staff post explained, this ban came after a warning that itself was unwarranted. Clearly, our ignorance about Caiops' intentions led to the team making the incorrect and harmful decision. I'm really sorry about this, too.

Regarding my remarks about Chris in the RE Era Discord, those were also unacceptable. I've followed Chris' work along with the rest of the community for over a decade and he is one of the most valuable contributors to bless the community. His work speaks for itself. My comments, which were a lapse in judgment, are not reflective of the decade-long admiration I have for Chris' sheer intelligence and dedication.

Regarding my comments about his tone, I'm sorry I didn't reach out directly to Chris to discuss this privately. Had I done so, I may have gotten wind of the actual problems sooner. Again, these comments are completely unrelated to the ban, but I still made them. I really cannot overstate how sorry I am for how this has hurt Chris and the entire community. I need to apologize to him personally, so I hope we can sit down together and talk about this as soon as we can.

If you have any other remarks for me, critically or otherwise, please feel free to do so through DMs. This has been deeply shameful and embarrassing on my part. I honestly thought I could try to improve things, but only ended up making them worse. And for that too, I am really sorry.

And lastly, I apologize that it took this long to reach out. I wanted to make sure this message was clear and unambiguous. This community is truly amazing and regardless of how or where you decide to continue, it's been an absolute pleasure seeing and interacting with you over the years.

#2,485

I know my lock post was sudden. Not only sudden, but birdies in my ear have told me that the post was taken as a call to arms, that I was declaring some huge staff action that would toss out community members. For that I apologize; it was never my intention to have people brace for a round of perms or anything of the sort, and I would hope the relative lack of mod activity on this subject since then demonstrates that.

We need to be straight. This thread was locked thrice? Four times? Because after each opening, the fire had grown bigger and bigger. I was away for most of it at work, and every time I hopped in when I could, some new blow-up would have already occurred, and there I am further behind and unable to get a bead on what exactly was happening.

The final lock was primarily to just get a chance to breathe while I and other staff could process things. That's all it was meant to be, and nothing more.

It started off with a one day ban in this thread and three days later we've lost members and staff and no one is better off for it. Each attempted reopening has only led to wilder escalation, and there's been more than enough of that, so we're going to let it end here. Staff have been engaging the community on Discord and in the process have gained a much better understanding of why things spiraled so quickly. Those conversations are still ongoing.

A few final notes:

This hasn't previously been articulated as a written policy, so certain bans have been rescinded for lack of warning, but we need to explain that members using public social media platforms like Twitter to direct hate at individual staff members has, in the past, led to or fueled doxing and harassment campaigns. Women and minorities get the worst of this. For this reason, we will sometimes issue bans when staff are singled out on a public platform. This only matters on public platforms. We do not care what anyone says in private channels where there's no risk of it leading to harassment.

With the exception of that final lock message, Nepenthe's only role in this was as a messenger. She did not issue any unilateral bans or have any involvement in trying to draft policy or really anything else. This is also true of other staff who were dragged into this and made targets despite having no role at all.

Now, while there were plenty of mistakes on the staff end, some of the reactions by posters were grossly disproportionate and contributed to the rapid escalation of the situation. If you want a mod team that works well, they need to not be in constant fear of brigades or people with a grudge who bluntly want to hurt them and will seize any opportunity to point an angry mob their way. We haven't always been clear about how and why we protect the staff from personal attacks. That's going to change, and updates will be made to the TOS.

Finally we need to emphasize that there was never any grand plan here at any point. There's a tendency to read a lot into anything the staff says or does, but the truth is that we've been caught with our pants down at every step and fumbling to manage a situation that seemed to get crazier every day. Emotions ran high. Sleep and tempers were short. Mistakes were made. We've taken the time since the last lock message to gather ourselves as best we can and hope that cooler heads will be able to prevail.
sounds like summit time

tldr:
 :skinner :spiders :nepenthe
OBE

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1027 on: September 24, 2021, 12:42:29 AM »
>posting that chit in a locked thead where no one can respond or see it  :lol

>still acting like NO ONE could have forseen a super petty ban causing any issue

benjipwns

« Reply #1028 on: September 24, 2021, 12:51:29 AM »
User Warned: Toxic Trolling

So with most of the sales regulars leaving, it seems like we can finally just make up numbers whenever and wherever we want!

I can't wait to cheerlead, post Banderas GIFs and ignore reality.

The Media Create threads will no longer have Media Create top 5s from Japan, Taiwan and South Korea and the Famitsu Top 30.

Instead, we will have the glory of Famitsu Most Wanted, Famitsu Digital Estimates, COMG! and of course YouTube metrics.

Are you all excited for the great discourse to come?
TOXIC

benjipwns

« Reply #1029 on: September 24, 2021, 12:52:02 AM »
Found Joe Molotov's alt:
I have a random question: will Quest 64 make it to Nintendo Switch Online?

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #1030 on: September 24, 2021, 01:36:12 AM »
User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Concern Trolling Around Sensitive Subject; Prior Bans for Dismissing Representation; Misogyny and Sinophobia

8byte said:
…don’t sweeping oppressive laws hurt locals?

ToddBonzalez said:
So Texans should be punished via sweeping, oppressive laws AND loss of job opportunity?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98the-wire%E2%80%99-creator-david-simon-axes-texas-filming-of-new-hbo-project-over-abortion-ban-law.489697/#post-73816963

Risible

« Reply #1031 on: September 24, 2021, 01:41:04 AM »
I registered at the Bore almost ten years ago.  I have exactly (with this one) 136 posts over that period.

Uhhh, this is my account on Reset as well lol, as it was on GAF before it, back to the times of our forefathers, as it ever was...

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1032 on: September 24, 2021, 01:42:21 AM »

#2,485

A few final notes:

sounds like summit time
As someone who works in corporate communication, I can usually tell when the same person has written something, and these are at least 50% written by the same person.
Spud

BisMarckie

« Reply #1033 on: September 24, 2021, 02:03:53 AM »
Imagine modding a forum full of losers for free :sabu

Resetera dot com gives its mods a free EraClear subscription, meanwhile Joe and Rumbler work in the mod mines without compensation :tocry

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1034 on: September 24, 2021, 02:19:09 AM »
Quote from: y2kyle89, post: 73967962, member: 41138
Surprised that the 'controlling the monster' dance part of the trailer she still had her clothes.

I'm actually curious if this even is Bayonetta?
[ISPOILER]I thought Dragon-demon was on her shit list after 2?[/ISPOILER]

Quote from: grand, post: 73968196, member: 1554
Bayonetta 3 having a decent trailer makes the Project Eve game from the Sony show even more hilariously terrible

Quote from: TheBlackSwordman, post: 73968445, member: 57363
Have you watched the new Bayonetta 3 trailer?

I think she didn't get naked this time! And the camera didn't zoom on her ass! I can't believe it!

Quote from: Dice, post: 73968802, member: 2688
Wow, butt shots aside, I've always liked Bayo changing her look in each game.  But I really like this look!

Quote from: Dmax3901, post: 73969621, member: 4989
Other than the one ass shot there was a distinct lack of extreme close ups on t and a in this trailer. She also appears to have a skirt?

Quote from: ChronoMonarch, post: 73969840, member: 56177
I sincerely hope it stays that way too!

Quote from: Yabberwocky, post: 73971520, member: 18779
Wondering if it's a prequel, with Bayo having Cereza-esue hair. Not sure what to make of her new design, it's so beautiful in some areas, but makes her look a bit childish in others.

And no Hellena Taylor! whyyyyyyy They've tried to voice match her anyway, why not just cast her?

Positives with new trailer: not getting naked to summon and no objectifying camera pans. Sigh. Monkey's paw!

Quote from: TheBlackSwordman, post: 73973698, member: 57363
I don't want to get my hopes up because it was barely a teaser, but... I think I'm actually hyped for Bayonetta 3 now!

I love the fact that she seems to be as charming and confident as ever even though she didn't get naked this time, which proves that fanservice is completely unnecessary because her ass isn't part of her character.

Seriously, this brief trailer was a huge improvement IMO. If the final product remains like this, I may finally stop considering Bayonetta a problematic female character.

I find hilarious how Project Eve tries so hard to be “the new Bayonetta” even though it doesn't get why people love her. This trailer just proved that Bayonetta doesn't need to be naked to be cool!

Quote from: Metalsnakezero, post: 73979782, member: 42097
Bayonetta is confident about herself while the character in Project Eve is lacking that.

:exxy
Just wait until the actual game is as horny as usual
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1035 on: September 24, 2021, 02:25:48 AM »
Imagine modding a forum full of losers for free :sabu

Resetera dot com gives its mods a free EraClear subscription, meanwhile Joe and Rumbler work in the mod mines without compensation :tocry
As it should be!!
Spud

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1036 on: September 24, 2021, 03:04:28 AM »

As someone who works in corporate communication, I can usually tell when the same person has written something, and these are at least 50% written by the same person.
Some of that reminds me of:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1037 on: September 24, 2021, 03:54:44 AM »
I registered at the Bore almost ten years ago.  I have exactly (with this one) 136 posts over that period.  I visit the Bore every day, once a day, on the shitter on my phone.  The Bore has been my go-to pooping time-waster. I have never seen the website on a PC-based browser.

Until this glorious day.  I type this at my PC, having logged into www.thebore.com because I wanted to have a better reading experience as I read through this glorious moment in time.  Still not done, still have like 5 pages of drama to read through, but had to share this momentous moment with the Bore brethren.  That is all.

Never forget :salute
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1038 on: September 24, 2021, 05:05:59 AM »
It really is remarkable how in a lot of ways GamerGate was ground zero not just for the alt-right movement but a lot of modern internet discourse in general.
What

Vertigo

« Reply #1039 on: September 24, 2021, 05:19:15 AM »
Haha Reee mods trying to stop the rot

The idea that those posters who put together the sales thread break away to do their own site, must have had them shitting it.

As they'll likely be thin skinned and refuse to host their content.

I also notice BrunoMB got unbanned, I bet Nep was happy about that one.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #1040 on: September 24, 2021, 05:37:40 AM »
Back in the olden days Doug Stanhope had an invite only forum where comedians and stand ups would trash each other. It was fun. There were no mods, just 1 admin who ran it for him. When we weren't shitting on each other we were raiding Rogan's forum and making Redban spazz out with rage. Mostly because he was an easy target. Also because he was a dick. Rogan had a shit load of mods and as a result his forum was full of primadonnas, power tripping mods and warring cliques of special posters. It's kind of ironic that Rogan was ree before ree was.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1041 on: September 24, 2021, 05:48:56 AM »

First, I need to address that Chris1964's one day ban was not a power trip. Although it may look like one, it wasn't.

woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1042 on: September 24, 2021, 06:49:19 AM »

Uhhh, this is my account on Reset as well lol, as it was on GAF before it, back to the times of our forefathers, as it ever was...

I always see you around, and whenever I see you I cannot help but think of a pog I had in my collection, 20 years ago

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Uncle

FUME5

« Reply #1043 on: September 24, 2021, 08:13:06 AM »
Nepenthe is employed by the pinkertons.

SmokyDave

« Reply #1044 on: September 24, 2021, 09:59:53 AM »
More like enraged by the pinks a ton.

:rodney

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1045 on: September 24, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »

#2,485

A few final notes:

sounds like summit time

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a faux-pr-style setup going on for those kinds of posts.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #1046 on: September 24, 2021, 10:47:07 AM »
Back in the olden days Doug Stanhope had an invite only forum where comedians and stand ups would trash each other. It was fun. There were no mods, just 1 admin who ran it for him. When we weren't shitting on each other we were raiding Rogan's forum and making Redban spazz out with rage. Mostly because he was an easy target. Also because he was a dick. Rogan had a shit load of mods and as a result his forum was full of primadonnas, power tripping mods and warring cliques of special posters. It's kind of ironic that Rogan was ree before ree was.

Despite all that, the Rogan forum was actually fun, unlike Reee.  And the mods would fully admit they were being dicks and would just ban/"pink" (junior) posters they didn't like, unlike Reee mods who still put themselves on pedestals, no matter how many people say they're shit at their "job".

PogiJones

« Reply #1047 on: September 24, 2021, 10:47:15 AM »
This was a great time to check back in

Risible

« Reply #1048 on: September 24, 2021, 12:17:39 PM »

I always see you around, and whenever I see you I cannot help but think of a pog I had in my collection, 20 years ago

[close]

Gonna have to steal that and make it my avatar here now.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1049 on: September 24, 2021, 12:43:16 PM »

Thanks for hanging out this long : )
fat

Risible

« Reply #1050 on: September 24, 2021, 12:51:26 PM »

As a fatty I have never felt more welcomed than when I joined the Bire and discovered this was a safe haven for fatties (by which I mean you're always looking to bang them.) 

update: although I'll have to crush your dreams and let you know I lost 140lbs so far since the pandemic started, so soon I'll be off the Demi Bang List.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1051 on: September 24, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »
Yeah sike get banned loser LMAO you thought
fat

Snoopycat_

« Reply #1052 on: September 24, 2021, 01:08:32 PM »

Despite all that, the Rogan forum was actually fun, unlike Reee.  And the mods would fully admit they were being dicks and would just ban/"pink" (junior) posters they didn't like, unlike Reee mods who still put themselves on pedestals, no matter how many people say they're shit at their "job".

It was definitely better than Ree. My favourite moment was Redban threatening us with lawyers after we posted fake photos of his mum in a doggy gangbang. He lost his shit that day. Guy was no fun at all.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1053 on: September 24, 2021, 01:17:10 PM »

:snore :no1curr

ain't no one got time to read all that

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1054 on: September 24, 2021, 01:18:13 PM »
It really is remarkable how in a lot of ways GamerGate was ground zero not just for the alt-right movement but a lot of modern internet discourse in general.
To think that I kicked off everything by photoshopping the Medal of Honor boxart, militarizing Dudebro.
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1055 on: September 24, 2021, 01:41:23 PM »
Constructive thread

Quote from: Sephzilla, post: 74021674, member: 276
Also that whole line about "protecting the staff" bugs me personally because where the fuck was that when BronsonLee got swatted by people associated with this site?

Oh wait the staff (one of whom was Morrigan, what a coincidence) was too busy gaslighting him after bringing receipts about it all.

Zero faith in this staff anymore. Feels like the entire moderation team went to shit after Nicole left

Quote from: Kurt Russell, post: 74027821, member: 1501
If you refer to the bullshit Bronson made up about me and a few other members of the PC Gaming Era thread, there wasn't much to protect, considering it never happened. Bronson did get me doxxed though, because apparently that was a good thing to do when someone asks you about something and then posts a meme image when you don't respond and act high and mighty. Honestly, I don't know why I bother even replying to stuff like this because I'd bet you from Bronson's happy clique. Your great leader spends their time making up bullshit on Twitter (which then gets recycled by certain internet hellholes that watch that stuff like crows).
And please, provide those receipts. I'm still waiting for them. My name gets dragged through the mud because an ex moderator for the site had an issue with me asking them to clarify something they said and nothing happens to them, but I have to read the bullshit posted by their associates every other week or so.
Until you can provide those receipts don't even effing talk about gaslighting. I'm tired of this bullshit.

:popcorn
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1056 on: September 24, 2021, 01:56:48 PM »
Not only did Dipshit McAltAccount never provide any receipts, he deleted the tweets making the accusations the second he got challenged by the people he accused

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1057 on: September 24, 2021, 02:00:09 PM »

PogiJones, it's like a dog's name  :heh :doggy
Uncle

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1058 on: September 24, 2021, 02:09:33 PM »
Doubt any mod has touched this thread since the MC drama began. Unless they prove me wrong and actually address the situation in this thread. Let’s see.

Spoiler: They won’t. Cuz they are not reading this.
No, I’m sure it’s because they have more important things to do like *checks notes* posting in the Manga thread.

:girlaff

Dat Poodle dig.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1060 on: September 24, 2021, 02:38:15 PM »
someone can link them to the dutch god sales thread right here at thebore.com  :)

With the collapse of SalesAge and SalesEra we welcome our sales brehs to the Bore.  :heart

We have exclusive sales numbers and charts with full numbers and analysis.

+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
| NSW # |     67.114 |     60.942 |     83.920 |  3.778.286 |  3.773.514 |  21.118.660 |
| PS5 # |     16.975 |     17.075 |            |    774.481 |            |   1.029.631 |
| XBS # |      2.089 |      2.605 |            |     56.566 |            |      87.990 |
| PS4 # |      1.763 |      1.431 |      2.161 |     94.018 |    469.086 |   9.384.908 |
| 3DS # |        789 |        746 |        849 |     22.084 |     43.756 |  24.580.992 |
|  ALL  |     88.730 |     82.799 |     86.965 |  4.725.435 |  4.289.442 |  57.375.021 |
|  PS5  |     14.847 |     15.580 |            |    655.646 |            |     862.268 |
| PS5DE |      2.128 |      1.495 |            |    118.835 |            |     167.363 |
| XBS X |        351 |      1.259 |            |     33.675 |            |      58.551 |
| XBS S |      1.738 |      1.346 |            |     22.891 |            |      29.439 |
| NSW L |     10.937 |     11.088 |     30.458 |    980.884 |  1.569.005 |   4.052.976 |
|  NSW  |     56.177 |     49.854 |     53.462 |  2.797.402 |  2.204.509 |  17.065.684 |
|  PS4  |      1.763 |      1.431 |        435 |     93.794 |    290.906 |   7.809.185 |
|n-2DSLL|        789 |        746 |        824 |     22.084 |     41.180 |   1.186.047 |

Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12)

01./00. [PS4] Tales of Arise # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2021.09.09} (¥7.980) - 151.316 / NEW <80-100%>
02./00. [NSW] WarioWare: Get It Together! <ETC> (Nintendo) {2021.09.10} (¥4.980) - 72.277 / NEW <40-60%>
03./00. [PS5] Tales of Arise # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2021.09.09} (¥7.980) - 50.482 / NEW <80-100%>
04./01. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure # <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980) - 14.628 / 2.818.859 <80-100%> (-6%)
05./02. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 13.863 / 4.039.388 <80-100%> (-11%)
06./03. [NSW] Minecraft # <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 13.529 / 2.180.811 <80-100%> (-5%)
07./04. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! <TBL> (Konami) {2020.11.19} (¥6.300) - 8.749 / 2.367.610 <80-100%> (-15%)
08./05. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200) - 8.428 / 4.416.060 <80-100%> (-13%)
09./00. [NSW] Ys IX: Monstrum Nox <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2021.09.09} (¥6.980) - 7.324 / NEW <60-80%>
10./08. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2019.11.15} (¥5.980) - 7.012 / 4.135.212 <80-100%> (-10%)
11./07. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury <ACT> (Nintendo) {2021.02.12} (¥5.980) - 6.920 / 879.622 <80-100%> (-12%)
12./00. [PS4] NBA 2K22 # <SPT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2021.09.10} (¥7.000) - 6.291 / NEW <60-80%>
13./09. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics <ETC> (Nintendo) {2020.06.05} (¥3.980) - 5.775 / 794.275 <80-100%> (-1%)
14./11. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2020.03.20} (¥5.980) - 5.195 / 6.877.928 <80-100%> (-9%)
15./10. [NSW] Super Mario Party # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2018.10.05} (¥5.980) - 4.814 / 1.987.103 <80-100%> (-16%)
16./14. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 4.781 / 3.940.324 <80-100%> (+11%)
17./00. [NSW] NBA 2K22 <SPT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2021.09.10} (¥6.000) - 4.401 / NEW <40-60%>
18./13. [NSW] Game Builder Garage <EDU> (Nintendo) {2021.06.11} (¥3.164) - 4.317 / 233.438 <80-100%> (-6%)
19./15. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 3.683 / 1.872.140 <80-100%> (-11%)
20./06. [PS4] Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon # <ADV> (Aniplex) {2021.08.26} (¥7.000) - 3.368 / 77.478 <80-100%> (-58%)
21./26. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise # <ACT> (Capcom) {2021.03.26} (¥7.990) - 3.340 / 2.321.703 <80-100%> (+16%)
22./18. [NSW] Miitopia <SLG> (Nintendo) {2021.05.21} (¥4.980) - 3.278 / 243.053 <80-100%> (-10%)
23./17. [NSW] eBaseball Professional Baseball Spirits 2021: Grand Slam <SPT> (Konami) {2021.07.08} (¥6.980) - 3.015 / 189.057 <80-100%> (-25%)
24./23. [NSW] Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise <HOB> (Imagineer) {2020.12.03} (¥5.800) - 2.949 / 143.966 <80-100%> (-2%)
25./16. [NSW] Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon # <ADV> (Aniplex) {2021.08.26} (¥7.000) - 2.941 / 79.302 <80-100%> (-29%)
26./00. [PS4] F1 2021 <RCE> (Electronic Arts) {2021.09.09} (¥7.909) - 2.734 / NEW <40-60%>
27./00. [NSW] Sonic Colors: Ultimate # <ACT> (Sega) {2021.09.09} (¥3.990) - 2.689 / NEW <20-40%>
28./27. [NSW] Mario Golf: Super Rush <SPT> (Nintendo) {2021.06.25} (¥5.980) - 2.641 / 182.579 <80-100%> (+8%)
29./20. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD <ADV> (Nintendo) {2021.07.16} (¥5.980) - 2.592 / 263.674 <80-100%> (-20%)
30./28. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe <New Super Mario Bros. U \ New Super Luigi U> <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.01.11} (¥5.980) - 2.515 / 1.093.933 <80-100%> (+9%)

US NPD TOP 5 SEPTEMBER
XSX - Call of Duty - 189,009
XSX - GTAV - 90,382
PS4 - Madden 2021 - 78,299
NSW - Mario Kart 8: Deluxe - 23,004
NSW - Animal Crossing 10,404

EU GSD TOP 5 SEPTEMBER
PC - Farming Simulator - 899,233
PC - GTAV - 100,323
PS4 - FIFA 2021 - 50,323
NSW - Mario Kart 8: Deluxe - 23,302
NSW - Animal Crossing - 10,876

Afghanistan AFGI TOP 5 September
PS2 - Need for Speed: Underground 2 - 159
PS2 - Tenchu - 139
PS2 - Final Fantasy X - 94
XBX - HALO - 23
GBA - Hamtaro Ham Ham Adventures - 4

This is probably the last week we will have numbers from this region

Events to watch:
- Release of Metroid Dread
- Release of Call of Duty (this game could do really well, it is pretty popular)
- Release of Hentai Gaiden No Densetsu (we keep track of all game sales including X-rated titles)
- Big secret Microsoft acquisition
- Switch Pro

We got some motherfuckn charts brehs  :mynicca

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

What is a sale
We only track actual end to end consumer purchases.
[close]

Note on anecdotal evidence
Information such as: "The GameCube Hut sold a lot of Mario Kart 8: Deluxe copies today is not considered accurate sales data. Sales Bore curates all their sources and trackers. We kindly request you not to share your own anecdotal evidence until it has been vetted by our Sales Bore Community Managers.
[close]

How can I participate in Sales Bore
Anyone may participate but remember that only the choosen ones may open new sales threads. If you don't know if you are, then you certainly are not.
[close]
:blessup

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1062 on: September 24, 2021, 03:02:43 PM »
"wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long(for sales)"  :miyamoto

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1064 on: September 24, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »
Constructive thread

Quote from: Kurt Russell

:popcorn

Wait. Is that name legit? Some ERA weeb stole my fucking username?
woke

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #1065 on: September 24, 2021, 04:04:07 PM »
User Banned (Permanent): Account self-destruction

Ok peeps.

As I've been away for a while (I had six month self requested ban) I can't really say that I've been massive part of this community for a while now. However I still remember with absolute joy the madness of the old. From Chibi robos to Reset the clock. From the madness that was launch day to this horrible week.

It's been absolute pleasure as a middle aged video gaming fan to read the shitposts, takes, hot takes, jokes, opinions and recommendations and everything else here. It's been more than a pleasure. It's been a goddamn privilege.

I don't know if I will ever join the discord as someone who writes or even reads. I did get the invitation and it sits on my app sure, but I never use discord except with my siblings because Nintendo doesn't have a voice chat. Seriously NO VOICE CHAT. (that was a joke).

I don't know if I will join the new forum if you guys put it up. I will lurk some time here for that maybe. Or maybe check the discord for it.

But for this place. It's gotta go from my life. Because the only thing I have left to say for Resetera leadership is F**k you. And that's not a thing I want to do or how I want to feel about any virtual or real community.

NintendoEra is the best. You people are the absolute worst in best way possible and the best in the best way possible. With this. I bid you all guys farewell or if Kirby Stars align, see ya.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-ot27-the-hunt-for-dread-october-support-afghan-women.489427/page-98#post-73998481

:miyamoto

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1066 on: September 24, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »
cerium retire bitch!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1067 on: September 24, 2021, 04:31:52 PM »
Discord link begging  :kobeyuck
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1068 on: September 24, 2021, 04:39:23 PM »
Discord link begging  :kobeyuck

What kind of loser does that?  :kermit
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1069 on: September 24, 2021, 04:41:22 PM »
 :hesright

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1071 on: September 24, 2021, 05:31:38 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #1072 on: September 24, 2021, 05:39:37 PM »
tldr for nintenbaby sales drama?  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1073 on: September 24, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »

Era's got you covered!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-wish-there-was-a-place-to-talk-about-how-much-new-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-sold-in-japan-this-week.491122/#post-74031883
Quote from: Gaardus
Context for people who don't know what this thread is hinting at: the most recent weekly Japanese sales thread spun wildly out of control, a lot of people were banned, at least one moderator quit, and the person who has been making the weekly threads here and going back years on the old site apparently isn't posting here anymore. It's a mess.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-48#post-73872136
Quote from: Morrigan
Way to take everything out of context, but nothing is new.

People wanted to post in support of the staff post, but literally said they were afraid to get dogpiled. So I said it's cool, if you go in there in good faith to defend us, and you don't attack people, you're good

But nah gotta twist it all out of proportion like always.

Anyway, all of this is very funny because I never even had anything to do with any of this. But none of you care, you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

I'm done with this shitshow. Enjoy your new Sales site.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-48#post-73872259
Quote from: Morrigan
Quote from: HockeyBird
Isn't gendered slurs ban-worthy? I definitely seen people here banned for using the c-word before, even when it was directed at evil human beings.

I'm a woman I can say it
[close]

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1074 on: September 24, 2021, 05:57:19 PM »
User Banned (Permanent): Account self-destruction

Ok peeps.

As I've been away for a while (I had six month self requested ban) I can't really say that I've been massive part of this community for a while now. However I still remember with absolute joy the madness of the old. From Chibi robos to Reset the clock. From the madness that was launch day to this horrible week.

It's been absolute pleasure as a middle aged video gaming fan to read the shitposts, takes, hot takes, jokes, opinions and recommendations and everything else here. It's been more than a pleasure. It's been a goddamn privilege.

I don't know if I will ever join the discord as someone who writes or even reads. I did get the invitation and it sits on my app sure, but I never use discord except with my siblings because Nintendo doesn't have a voice chat. Seriously NO VOICE CHAT. (that was a joke).

I don't know if I will join the new forum if you guys put it up. I will lurk some time here for that maybe. Or maybe check the discord for it.

But for this place. It's gotta go from my life. Because the only thing I have left to say for Resetera leadership is F**k you. And that's not a thing I want to do or how I want to feel about any virtual or real community.

NintendoEra is the best. You people are the absolute worst in best way possible and the best in the best way possible. With this. I bid you all guys farewell or if Kirby Stars align, see ya.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-ot27-the-hunt-for-dread-october-support-afghan-women.489427/page-98#post-73998481

:miyamoto

Poor guy didn't get one response to that post  :lol
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1075 on: September 24, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »

As a fatty I have never felt more welcomed than when I joined the Bire and discovered this was a safe haven for fatties (by which I mean you're always looking to bang them.) 

update: although I'll have to crush your dreams and let you know I lost 140lbs so far since the pandemic started, so soon I'll be off the Demi Bang List.

I don't mind if you're chubby as long as the you're risible

@2:18

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1076 on: September 24, 2021, 06:35:00 PM »

this twitter thread is also a pretty good summary

https://twitter.com/ReseteraTakes/status/1441062519884419074
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #1077 on: September 24, 2021, 06:46:35 PM »
another week, another community forum meltdown due to terrible thin skin mods.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1078 on: September 24, 2021, 07:01:13 PM »
another week, another community forum meltdown due to terrible thin skin mods.
another nudemacs post  :rejoice

paprikastaude

« Reply #1079 on: September 24, 2021, 07:09:13 PM »

this twitter thread is also a pretty good summary

https://twitter.com/ReseteraTakes/status/1441062519884419074

Old fashioned drama in which the culprits can't defend their assholery with cheap culture war antics - what year is it?  :rejoice :heart