Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828580 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #1980 on: October 05, 2021, 10:08:42 AM »
Samoyeds are cute
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #1981 on: October 05, 2021, 10:13:50 AM »
They show up by law to every accident I think (in that state).

Putting someone’s address on a doc seems like a bad move from the police?

:mindblown

ACAB
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1982 on: October 05, 2021, 10:45:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/various-dlc-characters-for-nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-have-leaked-via-datamining-spoilers-not-one-black-or-latino-character.495915/

:drudge

Source: Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl files (posted by Nick All Star Brawl News on Twitter)

Why does he keep doing this  :stahp

Even if these are mere placeholders, then there still isn't a black or latino placeholder

More diversity in place holders!

anyone who cares this much about a nickelodeon game is a surely a paedophile :jared
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #1983 on: October 05, 2021, 10:47:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-is-currently-down-worldwide.495549/page-13#post-74625027

User banned (3 days): Hostility
Quote from: Bisha Monkey
Quote from: DiipuSurotu
Lmao
Fuck you asshole. Some really petty fuckers coming into this thread, and thinking getting rid of facebook is a solution to all world problems when the the root of the rut is people like you.
:badass
OBE

« Reply #1984 on: October 05, 2021, 10:56:39 AM »
Another white character in smash, neoxxon in shambles.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1985 on: October 05, 2021, 11:00:03 AM »
Going into across a lane when you admit you can’t see it and don’t know if it’s clear, is not an accident, it’s negligent driving. Hopefully OP learns from this but you don’t help OP in anyway pretending different

an accident is when you slip on black ice and crash into someone cause you lost control. Based on what OP said; he swerved through 2 lanes cause he wanted to save a few minutes. Extremely negligent.

Edit: seems I have misunderstood what had happened, my bad.

:lol

- I was not impaired or distracted during the accident. It happened before work. I had to cross two lanes of traffic to turn. I was waved on by a driver in the rightmost lane and got hit in the front/side in the second from right lane. I could not see the driver because of the lane of traffic in the rightmost lane. It was a product of bad traffic design and trust in someone else waving on more than anything.

actually, OP is an idiot. You don't trust other drivers to tell you if it's clear.

SmokyDave

« Reply #1986 on: October 05, 2021, 11:02:51 AM »
Another white character in smash, neoxxon in shambles.
On the plus side....

Quote from: Durden
My mind is fucking blown. My wife is crying. This is incredible.

This guy and his missus seem to be having an early christmas. This is one of those posts where I'm torn between pitying the poster, and being jealous that I can't care deeply about stuff like this. On balance, good for them, hope they have fun.

Hermit

« Reply #1987 on: October 05, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »
I can't pity them because I cried when Iron Man died because I'm an enormous man child

SmokyDave

« Reply #1988 on: October 05, 2021, 11:13:13 AM »
I can't pity them because I cried when Iron Man died because I'm an enormous man child
I cried at the end of ‘Cars’. We all have our crosses to bear.

Rman

« Reply #1989 on: October 05, 2021, 11:14:44 AM »
So Morrigan is still a mod?

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1990 on: October 05, 2021, 11:21:52 AM »
it seems like a stupid enough scheme for the reset era admins to pull :trumps
(ice)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1991 on: October 05, 2021, 11:37:58 AM »
Undercover mod.  :lol

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1992 on: October 05, 2021, 11:42:02 AM »
she must be backseat modding tho cos i doubt the crack resetera tech team are clever enough to figure out how to hide a mod badge :heh

unless they have a secret mod account thats hidden and never posts
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #1993 on: October 05, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/various-dlc-characters-for-nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-have-leaked-via-datamining-spoilers-not-one-black-or-latino-character.495915/

Source: Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl files (posted by Nick All Star Brawl News on Twitter)

Why does he keep doing this  :stahp

Even if these are mere placeholders, then there still isn't a black or latino placeholder

More diversity in place holders!

If Bill Cosby wasn’t the actual devil, Little Bill woulda been an interesting add.

:stahp

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1994 on: October 05, 2021, 12:06:03 PM »
i'd love to rape* samus with little bill on the smash brothers :rkelly

*crawl behind
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1995 on: October 05, 2021, 12:10:28 PM »
User banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory comparison
FWIW, I don’t understand the reasoning behind stuff like this. Do people think harrassing will somehow make them change their minds? If the goal is to convince voters, I hope that works and doesn’t backfire.
If she wants them to stop, she just has to agree to vote for the bill. This is how you hold politicians accountable. If you just politely ask only when it’s convenient for politicians, nothing gets done.

I’m glad activists keep getting on her. They need to do it to more politicians.

LOL no, that sets a terrible precedent. All it takes is a group of white nationalists to go harass Ilhan Omar for you to change your stance on that.

What I'm getting from a lot of these takes is that storming the capitol is actually totally cool

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1996 on: October 05, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
FWIW, I don’t understand the reasoning behind stuff like this. Do people think harrassing will somehow make them change their minds? If the goal is to convince voters, I hope that works and doesn’t backfire.
If she wants them to stop, she just has to agree to vote for the bill. This is how you hold politicians accountable. If you just politely ask only when it’s convenient for politicians, nothing gets done.

LOL no, that sets a terrible precedent. All it takes is a group of white nationalists to go harass Ilhan Omar for you to change your stance on that.

What I'm getting from a lot of these takes is that storming the capitol is actually totally cool

Starting to think they’re mad they didn’t think of it first.

Rman

« Reply #1997 on: October 05, 2021, 12:20:56 PM »

I get a lot of ERA is just annoying. But why continue to be a mod then? Sounds like the worse volunteer job ever. Especially with how the ERA userbase spams reports.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1998 on: October 05, 2021, 12:25:30 PM »

I get a lot of ERA is just annoying. But why continue to be a mod then? Sounds like the worse volunteer job ever. Especially with how the ERA userbase spams reports.

Think of all the good will you're providing to

*checks notes*

cerium

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1999 on: October 05, 2021, 12:46:52 PM »

Starting to think they’re mad they didn’t think of it first.

they did think of it first

Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2000 on: October 05, 2021, 12:56:21 PM »
cops should shoot and kill anyone who spends more than 30 mins on twitter or da book a day imo :trumps

i'm only 1/4 joking :doge
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2001 on: October 05, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »
Samoyeds are cute

No top of the page, no like  :nope
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2002 on: October 05, 2021, 01:00:37 PM »
Only reason I actually have Ultimate is because I got it as a gift but next time even if I got it for free I won't keep it.
:badass

benjipwns

« Reply #2003 on: October 05, 2021, 01:10:12 PM »
Nintendo can go fucking fly a kite, man. This has burned so many bridges in my head for me and this company. The optics of not one black person in this massive historic cast will always be a glowing reminder that these fuckers are racist as shit. Fuck "well...they didn't know". Yes these motherfuckers did.
Quote from: Kyuuji
It has to be intentional. Otherwise I really can't fathom how you include 89 characters spanning gaming history without a single Black character being included.
It absolutely is intentional.
Why should anyone give them the benefit of the doubt though? Because they make good games? 90 character and zero of color sort of burns that benefit of the doubt in a lot of people's minds, you understand this, no?
When you got black characters being portrayed as thieves and apes, no black characters in the roster, Sakurai posting weird shit on Twitter that is insensitive to the black struggle...

At what point are we allowed to question it?
How about actually replying to those posts and having a proper discussion as opposed to making sarcastic drive-bys that don't contribute to the thread and just foster toxicity?
boy shut your ass up lmao
Fuck Nintendo, and fuck anyone defending this shit or trying to make Nintendo look innocent or naive. It’s been a shit company for years for many of the reasons people on this forum hate other companies for, yet still love Nintendo somehow.
What about game and watch
You're not funny, you're just an ugly racist.
so these troll accounts getting tiresome. Y’all fuckers don’t even have the spine to come in and spew whatever bullshit you want. It’s nearly sad how cowardly you are.
Why are we scared to call Sakurai a racist? Fuckin tired of Japanese devs getting away with bullshit western devs would get (rightfully) crucified for.

89 misses isn't accidental or complicit. It's intentional.
Is there any remotely realistic scenario where Miles Morales could have been a DLC character?
SAKKKKUUURRRRAAAAAAAIIIIIII

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2004 on: October 05, 2021, 01:13:11 PM »
Yep. Even company that doesn't care about representation at all, you will find a white dude saying : "Oh we will include POC in X and Y because it means an other audience so a lot more money". (there is probably a word, but basically, greenwashing with POC).

So you really have to say : "Oh no, there won't be POC in the game, I don't care about more money, I want white people".

People trying to give the benefit of the doubt can f* off.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2005 on: October 05, 2021, 01:16:38 PM »
What percentage of characters in Smash Bros could feasibly pass as human, and of that percentage, what percent aren't from fucking Feudal Japan Fantasy Fire Emblem?

Because that's the actual number of character slots that you're complaining about, not that Yoshi doesn't have a Black skin included. (Or maybe he fucking does, I don't know, but if any non human characters with black skins get dismissed, then why are you demanding those character slots get included in your 'diversity' outcry I know exactly fucking why)

oh, and also characters like Ryu from Japan are considered white because reasons

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2006 on: October 05, 2021, 01:16:52 PM »
I thought it was established that the smash brothers was one step removed from rapeplay, do you really want yts sexually assaulting a fictional character of colour, reset era dot com?
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2007 on: October 05, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »
BTW why are we expecting a game called the smash BROTHERS to be inclusive :gurl
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2008 on: October 05, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »
WTF. Diverse lineups in fighting games have been a staple since Street Fighter II. It's tradition. Half of the appeal of that game was the coolness of the "world warrior" concept. And I say this as a white guy.

oops, admitting to participating and enjoying digital blackface, on today of all days.

:salute

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #2009 on: October 05, 2021, 01:23:05 PM »
WTF. Diverse lineups in fighting games have been a staple since Street Fighter II. It's tradition. Half of the appeal of that game was the coolness of the "world warrior" concept. And I say this as a white guy.

oops, admitting to participating and enjoying digital blackface, on today of all days.

Future Era thread: Should CisHet White Men Be Allowed To Play As Black Or Trans Characters?
OBE

Mediocre Lager

« Reply #2010 on: October 05, 2021, 01:29:03 PM »
It's probably for the best that Smash doesn't have any black characters. Otherwise you could shoot water at them and we all know that's not okay.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #2011 on: October 05, 2021, 01:31:15 PM »
What about game and watch
You're not funny, you're just an ugly racist.
so these troll accounts getting tiresome. Y’all fuckers don’t even have the spine to come in and spew whatever bullshit you want. It’s nearly sad how cowardly you are.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/89-characters-not-a-single-black-character-the-anti-blackness-of-super-smash-bros-ultimate.394207/page-27#post-74685441

User Banned (permanent): troll account
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2012 on: October 05, 2021, 01:37:22 PM »
WHAT ABOUT THE PIC OF THE DAY WHERE RODIN WAS HOSED BY MARIO?
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
In case you missed the controversy, the Pic of the Day that Sakurai posted on September 16th, 2021 depicted Mario using his Down B (F.L.U.D.D.) to attempt to hose Rodin while Peach was unfazed by all of it. This creates parallels to the use of water cannons on civil rights activists during the Civil Rights Movement, most notably during the Brimingham Campaign. There was a separate thread on the topic, but it was later locked. But since it relates to the topic of Smash's anti-Blackness, I thought it made sense that I add this section & give my thoughts. Even in spite of this, I do not think that Sakurai is racist. It does however show that he has a massive blindspot for stuff like this, be it the implications this image has or the racist stereotypes that are found in certain spirit battles (as mentioned earlier). So to be clear, I believe that this situation was unintentional on Sakurai's part. But with that being said, I do very much recognize the implications & they are bad (especially considering that Rodin is the only Black character who can participate in a fight, albeit as an Assist Trophy). If anything, it shows that Sakurai needs to consult Nintendo of America on such matters to avoid similar problems going forward. Though despite all my attempts to view the image recently on Twitter, Era, or Discord on either phone or laptop, it doesn't seem to load. So perhaps Sakurai recognized the racist implications & used Twitter Cards to make it blank (something I didn't know was possible until Urban Scholar pointed it out to me). Still, it shouldn't have happened. And even if it wasn't intentional (which I believe is the case), Sakurai should consult those well-versed on these topics to avoid further anti-Black implications in or around Smash going forward.
🤴

Trojita

« Reply #2013 on: October 05, 2021, 01:43:57 PM »
Yep. Even company that doesn't care about representation at all, you will find a white dude saying : "Oh we will include POC in X and Y because it means an other audience so a lot more money". (there is probably a word, but basically, greenwashing with POC).

So you really have to say : "Oh no, there won't be POC in the game, I don't care about more money, I want white people".

People trying to give the benefit of the doubt can f* off.
Maybe that's the problem, in his hypothetical situation only white people do this.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2014 on: October 05, 2021, 01:44:49 PM »
lady and gentlemen of era

I have a solution that will please everyone

just put Dave Chapelle in Smash

:yeshrug
[close]
Uncle

benjipwns

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2017 on: October 05, 2021, 01:54:30 PM »
It’s strange that the most progressivest inclusivest site has so many racists running it. Morrigan and her campaign to gas Muslims. Nep and her campaign to enslave every African American with a career. B Dubs and his secret KKK members only parties. Kind of sickening really.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2018 on: October 05, 2021, 01:54:44 PM »
neoxon

more like meodoxxon

HaughtyFrank

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2020 on: October 05, 2021, 01:57:25 PM »
Pretty sure he posts there, and one of his site’s writers is a mod even.
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #2021 on: October 05, 2021, 02:01:18 PM »
I always knew this game would be the lynchpin of our civilization. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2022 on: October 05, 2021, 02:06:10 PM »
I always knew this game would be the lynchpin of our civilization.

:kobeyuck
Uncle

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2024 on: October 05, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »
They should've added Twintelle so I could pause the game and take pictures of her butt.

james

« Reply #2025 on: October 05, 2021, 02:19:26 PM »
Someone start a thread about Squid Games not being diverse. Just one token minority and hes a bit of an idiot. Netflix, do better

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2026 on: October 05, 2021, 02:32:06 PM »
They should've added Twintelle so I could pause the game and take pictures of her butt.

"I can't believe Nintendo france just posted a screenshot of Mario hosing down twintelles ass"

james

« Reply #2027 on: October 05, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »
I went to Uganda and everyone was black, no diversity.

Uganda, do better.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2028 on: October 05, 2021, 02:37:54 PM »
Someone start a thread about Squid Games not being diverse. Just one token minority and hes a bit of an idiot. Netflix, do better

most of the time when I play it there is exceptional diversity, I am greeted by a POC octopus girl and my teammates are often every color of the melanin rainbow

so I turn this show on expecting more of the same and what do I see? white koreans as far as the eye can see

Nintendo actually went BACKWARD
Uncle

james

« Reply #2029 on: October 05, 2021, 02:51:57 PM »
Can you imagine if they cast a black guy as donkey kong in the movie?

:whew

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2030 on: October 05, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/1445416757129355276

:yikes

neoxon revealed before god and man

https://twitter.com/Neoxon619/status/1445434045903540224
Random event in American history that a foreigner doesn't know about (actually i'd wager most Americans don't even know) is a blind spot? I mean if they didn't know about it, the image clearly isn't a reference to it, so...

How far up your own ass do you have to be?

Propagandhim

« Reply #2031 on: October 05, 2021, 03:14:20 PM »
Even if they were familiar with that event in history, analogizing the two scenes is mental.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2032 on: October 05, 2021, 03:23:55 PM »
They got 89 playables but a _____ ain't one

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2033 on: October 05, 2021, 03:32:33 PM »
If that had been some negros

Shall we complete the sentence?
"...then this topic wouldn't be calling them 'chuds' in the title, a bunch of the usual suspects would be in here defending their 'healthy scepticism', and people would be being banned for 'downplaying legitimate concerns' and 'racist dog whistling' by saying the people doing this are fucking morons"

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #2034 on: October 05, 2021, 03:36:24 PM »
WHAT ABOUT THE PIC OF THE DAY WHERE RODIN WAS HOSED BY MARIO?

[close]
In case you missed the controversy, the Pic of the Day that Sakurai posted on September 16th, 2021 depicted Mario using his Down B (F.L.U.D.D.) to attempt to hose Rodin while Peach was unfazed by all of it. This creates parallels to the use of water cannons on civil rights activists during the Civil Rights Movement, most notably during the Brimingham Campaign. There was a separate thread on the topic, but it was later locked. But since it relates to the topic of Smash's anti-Blackness, I thought it made sense that I add this section & give my thoughts. Even in spite of this, I do not think that Sakurai is racist. It does however show that he has a massive blindspot for stuff like this, be it the implications this image has or the racist stereotypes that are found in certain spirit battles (as mentioned earlier). So to be clear, I believe that this situation was unintentional on Sakurai's part. But with that being said, I do very much recognize the implications & they are bad (especially considering that Rodin is the only Black character who can participate in a fight, albeit as an Assist Trophy). If anything, it shows that Sakurai needs to consult Nintendo of America on such matters to avoid similar problems going forward. Though despite all my attempts to view the image recently on Twitter, Era, or Discord on either phone or laptop, it doesn't seem to load. So perhaps Sakurai recognized the racist implications & used Twitter Cards to make it blank (something I didn't know was possible until Urban Scholar pointed it out to me). Still, it shouldn't have happened. And even if it wasn't intentional (which I believe is the case), Sakurai should consult those well-versed on these topics to avoid further anti-Black implications in or around Smash going forward.

Wait a minute. If there are no black characters in Smash, then… how is Mario spraying a non-black character with water… a parallel to actual black people being hosed with water cannons? I meant Rodin is not even black?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2035 on: October 05, 2021, 03:40:10 PM »
If that had been some negros

Shall we complete the sentence?
"...then this topic wouldn't be calling them 'chuds' in the title, a bunch of the usual suspects would be in here defending their 'healthy scepticism', and people would be being banned for 'downplaying legitimate concerns' and 'racist dog whistling' by saying the people doing this are fucking morons"

Instantly making this about race seems pretty dumb anyway when those two guys don't look white either

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2036 on: October 05, 2021, 03:45:24 PM »
That’s on-brand.  Surface-level and superficial is all they know at Resetera, so skin color is the #1 most important factor to them.  They just have delusions of their discourse being deep and thoughtful.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #2037 on: October 05, 2021, 03:58:16 PM »
Quote from: Desi
The 89 Roster image looking like the Trump White House intern image.

:comeon :flabbypd :what :foodcourt

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2038 on: October 05, 2021, 03:59:36 PM »
I was never really a big smash fan but I thought about buying it on the switch at least for the story mode. I never realized that there were no black characters. I am definitely not buying this shit now.

I suddenly realized

ResetEra

is

LIGHT!!

🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2039 on: October 05, 2021, 04:04:59 PM »
I thought mario was a poc?