Author Topic: State of the forum, where we go from here, and a short experiment.  (Read 20166 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: State of the forum, where we go from here, and a short experiment.
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2021, 01:39:10 AM »
I'm not doing anything until I hear what the fuck caused this reaction. Hopefully tomorrow I will have more info. Sorry, just deal with it for now.
fat

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2021, 01:41:03 AM »
When you are batting for James threads, you are no one to bitch about manchildren.
Lol. Is it really that hard to ignore him?
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2021, 01:41:47 AM »
Bitching for a James thread.  :doge

Not really. Question was asked and answered.

Still doesn't justify the wholesale banning of members just having a good time. No one posted anything deserving of this and the overreaction is embarrassing really.

Eh, at least we shouldn’t pretend Nintex wasn’t being a shitposter that made many threads outside containment unreadable.

The others I dunno, lame discord drama to know.
Which threads did Nintex make unreadable?

The politics threads? Just because you don't agree with his politics doesn't mean he should be banned. Disagree with him or ignore him. It's not that hard...

::)

Motherfucker, lets not pretend that 75% percent of every single page of that thread were not alright sperging and alt right twitter news. He zigzagging between regular Trumptard to nihilistic shitposter doesn’t help.
Alt right? Are you fucking joking? Stop being so thin-skinned and you might just learn to have a good time.

So you admit that he was shitposter that buried every real conversation in that thread?
No, but you certainly are having a little tantrum over someone daring to have different political views.

:lol :lol :lol

You wish man. Also, how much he cared about US politics when he was a... Dutch.

To be fair, as someone from a country near and dear to yours, Yankee politics infest our news channels. There's no escaping it.

Yeah, but I don’t go celebrating when a US president gets elected or going with a ProTrump poster in a anti mask protest.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2021, 01:44:36 AM »
Tell me what Pissy F Benny did to get banned?

Dude got caught in the crossfire for what?
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2021, 01:45:03 AM »
When you are batting for James threads, you are no one to bitch about manchildren.

I didn’t mind James or filler. James always made painful unfunny threads but I was okay with him. Just not going to pretend we are missing something from a regular James thread.

(I will take filler and James over Nintex).

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2021, 01:46:11 AM »

Still doesn't justify the wholesale banning of members just having a good time. No one posted anything deserving of this and the overreaction is embarrassing really.

Eh, at least we shouldn’t pretend Nintex wasn’t being a shitposter that made many threads outside containment unreadable.

The politics threads? Just because you don't agree with his politics doesn't mean he should be banned. Disagree with him or ignore him. It's not that hard...

Motherfucker, lets not pretend that 75% percent of every single page of that thread were not alright sperging and alt right twitter news. He zigzagging between regular Trumptard to nihilistic shitposter doesn’t help.
Alt right? Are you fucking joking? Stop being so thin-skinned and you might just learn to have a good time.

So you admit that he was shitposter that buried every real conversation in that thread?
No, but you certainly are having a little tantrum over someone daring to have different political views.

Nintex is the hill you want to die on for a difference in political opinion?  All he ever did was spam shitposts, in the shitbin thread it’s fine just scroll past like I assume almost everyone does.  But in threads where people are trying to actually talk about stuff I can imagine it gets tiring.

I don’t even think I could peg a specific political ideology onto Nintex from his posting, it just seemed like he’d post whatever went against the prevailing opinion in whatever thread he posted in.  Chaos for the sake of chaos in other words I guess.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2021, 01:51:50 AM »
Conversation in both politics threads seems to be firing on all cylinders now! Good discussion going on...
Spud

fizzel

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2021, 01:52:40 AM »
Did anyone try telling him to just shut the fuck up?  And not in that passive aggressive pussy way with tippy toes.

:lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2021, 01:53:35 AM »
Did anyone try telling him to just shut the fuck up?  And not in that passive aggressive pussy way with tippy toes.

:lol

YES IN FACT

A LOT.

10centtacos

« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2021, 02:01:51 AM »

I didn’t mind James or filler. James always made painful unfunny threads but I was okay with him. Just not going to pretend we are missing something from a regular James thread.

(I will take filler and James over Nintex).
filler seemed harmless to me. I dunno. I’m desensitized because of the autism I’m exposed to elsewhere.

I’m guessing he caught serious heat for posting a tweet of a guy getting murdered in the REE thread. It was totally unsolicited too. Dude just dropped it randomly on thanksgiving. :lol

I rarely venture outside of the REE thread here so I’m not exposed to other recreational fuckery those guys got into.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2021, 02:05:01 AM »
Tell me what Pissy F Benny did to get banned?

Dude got caught in the crossfire for what?

I just assumed he was a Nintex alt tbh

jorma

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2021, 03:20:02 AM »

Nintex is the hill you want to die on for a difference in political opinion?  All he ever did was spam shitposts, in the shitbin thread it’s fine just scroll past like I assume almost everyone does.  But in threads where people are trying to actually talk about stuff I can imagine it gets tiring.

I don’t even think I could peg a specific political ideology onto Nintex from his posting, it just seemed like he’d post whatever went against the prevailing opinion in whatever thread he posted in.  Chaos for the sake of chaos in other words I guess.

when was this fabled era when people actually tried to "talk about stuff" in the us politics thread? all i remember is glenda sperging out about hillary and mandark bragging about how many posters he ran off the forum in his yoof  :lol

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2021, 03:54:37 AM »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2021, 04:37:32 AM »
I have no dog in this fight but I agree that Discord drama spilling into the forum is lame. It seems to happen at every place I frequent.

ackshually it used to be IRC drama :snob

SmokyDave

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2021, 04:45:58 AM »
Discord shit that actually affects the forum weirds me out, and leaves a sour taste.

I'm reminded of kids that can only be happy breaking the things that others play with, rather than just getting on with playing themselves.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2021, 04:47:20 AM »
Particularly when those kids are playing in the corner on their own without disturbing anyone else.
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2021, 05:42:14 AM »
I don't think moving the most popular thread and banning members for being weird is the smartest idea. Particularly when this board has less members and less popular topics than my nan's Facebook page.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2021, 06:24:53 AM »
Discord shit that actually affects the forum weirds me out, and leaves a sour taste.

I'm reminded of kids that can only be happy breaking the things that others play with, rather than just getting on with playing themselves.

Good post

Good user

I like a lot of the Discord people, and think it's a good community as well, even if it started killing the forum. This silly drama is just putting the final nail in the coffin though, making sure it's dead for good. But whatever, I got other places to visit and some I am more active on already. I just always liked the more old school feel of thebore as a forum, with all the weird moderation decisions and all. Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2021, 06:53:46 AM »
as usual the best solution seeks compromise

if for whatever reason filler and nintex were ever unbanned, just limit all their posting to the consensual lovemaking hidden forum

that way nintex could have his own personal US politics thread separate from the other one (assuming anyone actually uses it in his absence anyway)

:idont
Uncle

Kurt Russell

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2021, 06:56:36 AM »
if for whatever reason filler and nintex were ever unbanned, just limit all their posting to the consensual lovemaking hidden forum

that way nintex could have his own personal US politics thread separate from the other one (assuming anyone actually uses it in his absence anyway)

But why is this necessary? Because a former forum user who lurks on a shit tier discord group thinks that they are committing wrongthink?
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2021, 06:56:54 AM »
also I think rumbler is trying his best to be fair, I'm shocked that several other people weren't also banned and that shows restraint, along with the 3 month olive branch, I don't have anything against rumbler he just has some preferences for some people and threads he doesn't like, like anyone else
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2021, 07:16:56 AM »
also I think rumbler is trying his best to be fair, I'm shocked that several other people weren't also banned and that shows restraint, along with the 3 month olive branch, I don't have anything against rumbler he just has some preferences for some people and threads he doesn't like, like anyone else

::)  :hump  ::)
Margs

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2021, 07:40:07 AM »

Filler in particular was given more chances and sent more "please stop or you're going to get perm'd" messages than anyone else over the entire time I've been on this forum. 

I said this already- James would have been banned anyway for the comment he made about ZomGee's daughter in another thread.

Re: Discord.  Does this forum get talked about there?  Sure- the Discord also gets talked about here.  Did this have anything to do with what Rumbler did?  I don't think so, but I can't answer for him.  There's no "drama" going on, though.  Not everyone is exclusively on one or the other, either.  Plenty of folks are on both.

Bitching about anyone getting banned, for any length of time, is classic Bore though. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 07:52:47 AM by bork »
ど助平

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2021, 07:53:38 AM »
taco bell..

>:(
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2021, 08:09:44 AM »

Filler in particular was given more chances and sent more "please stop or you're going to get perm'd" messages than anyone else over the entire time I've been on this forum. 

I said this already- James would have been banned anyway for the comment he made about ZomGee's daughter in another thread.

Re: Discord.  Does this forum get talked about there?  Sure- the Discord also gets talked about here.  Did this have anything to do with what Rumbler did?  I don't think so, but I can't answer for him.  There's no "drama" going on, though.  Not everyone is exclusively on one or the other, either.  Plenty of folks are on both.

Bitching about anyone getting banned, for any length of time, is classic Bore though. 
I'd still like to know what Pissy did to get banned...
Spud

SmokyDave

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2021, 08:15:10 AM »
How the fuck does anyone know who has been banned? I can't figure it out because I'm old and lame :(

I'd like to pre-emptively state that I'm indignantly furious about any and all bannings though, and will be speaking to my local representative.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2021, 08:24:54 AM »
How the fuck does anyone know who has been banned? I can't figure it out because I'm old and lame :(

You can't see it, hence this thread.

I'd still like to know what Pissy did to get banned...

Gonna have to wait for Rumbler to answer that.
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2021, 08:52:46 AM »
could we just get the full list of offenders? I DEMAND TRANSPARANCY!!!  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2021, 08:54:49 AM »
BAN THE MODS AND KILL THEM

Hermit

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2021, 08:57:21 AM »
SUMMIT!!!!

Propagandhim

« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2021, 08:58:49 AM »
somewhere on resetera there's a thread dedicated to laughing at us right now. 

:snoop

this is, like, hella sus

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2021, 09:05:08 AM »
could we just get the full list of offenders? I DEMAND TRANSPARANCY!!!  :doge

Sure. 

Nintex
Team Filler
Pissy F Benny
James

Himu got an unrelated ban for three days.
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2021, 09:05:15 AM »

Demi and Rumbler RN.

I blame Demi for selling the site for $500 to that hobo quite frankly.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2021, 09:11:25 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Demi and Rumbler RN.

Probably, seeing as how it's still pretty early in the morning here.  :doge  Ya'll YUROPANS and HOSTRALIAS need to calm down.  The real time zones are just getting their morning starts.
:bolo
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2021, 09:14:12 AM »

Demi and Rumbler RN.

Probably, seeing as how it's still pretty early in the morning here.  :doge  Ya'll YUROPANS and HOSTRALIAS need to calm down.  The real time zones are just getting their morning starts.

Listen buddy, we've all seen the cerium routine, that guy is still asleep a month later.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2021, 09:26:02 AM »
Look, we all know that a big chunk of the forum has been pretty crap for a while now and we all know a big part of the reason for that. So, with that I'm mind, I'm doing some things that will be in effect for the next 3 months.

1. Several posters will be banned. [if you have someone specific in mind and are wondering if they're included, the answer is "yes"]

check

edit:   :whew

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2021, 09:26:39 AM »

Demi and Rumbler RN.

Listen buddy, we've all seen the cerium routine, that guy is still asleep a month later.

It makes perfect sense. After removing the shit thread the groundbreaking $100 million sale to MOBA goes by without a hitch

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2021, 09:27:10 AM »
JFC this thread reminds me of why me and my wife are separated

MOMMY AND DADDY STOP YELLING!!!!

:trumpcry :six: :crybaby :walkaway

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2021, 09:28:30 AM »
Discord has zero to do with anything.

Piss Mcgee's ban expires in 90 days if people are that desperate for him to come back.
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2021, 09:30:49 AM »
wheres the discord link

BIONIC

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2021, 09:32:41 AM »

Good post

Good user

I like a lot of the Discord people, and think it's a good community as well, even if it started killing the forum. This silly drama is just putting the final nail in the coffin though, making sure it's dead for good. But whatever, I got other places to visit and some I am more active on already. I just always liked the more old school feel of thebore as a forum, with all the weird moderation decisions and all. Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Losing our Gay Muslim representation.

Minorities leaving in droves.
Margs

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »
Imagine having a power trip on a forum with 20 active posters. :ego
hey

BIONIC

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2021, 09:37:26 AM »
Posting Trump tweets: gets permabanned.

A minuscule sample of vile shit posted:
I’ve also seen your texts you sent to women, so, I’m not even reading that

That's your call then. Keep your grudge going. I don't really care.

But keep proving my point about what I said about liberals and your ilk ignoring things because it offends you. You didn't even read the post. All you've got is talk and words. You instigate but little else: the true hallmarks of a coward. If I were a betting man I'd wager you were that f.aggot Stro. But you're not angry enough. You have a smarm to you so you, with intellectual superiority, so I'd assume you're mandark except he's gay. I'll keep wittling down. All I know is you're a discord f.aggot and nothing to me besides that. You mad? Keep doing me a favor and ignore my posts.

Ah. It's likely AmNintenho.

Gets 3 days.

Great job fellxs  ::)
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2021, 09:41:18 AM »
I am just going to address the elephant in the room:

It's shosta's fault, isn't it?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2021, 09:46:24 AM »
wheres the discord link

Rumbler, we missed one.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
I am just going to address the elephant in the room:

It's shosta's fault, isn't it?

yes
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2021, 09:47:11 AM »
Imagine having a power trip on a forum with 20 active posters. :ego

"power trip"

:gaben
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2021, 09:50:55 AM »
Posting Trump tweets In every single page of the politics thread to the point of occupying 75% of every page making the ignore feature useless: gets permabanned.

Fixed for you.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2021, 09:52:33 AM »
Didn’t this happen before not too long ago? I vaguely remember one of these nerds moving the thread to a members only shitbin and then reversing the decision a little while later.
hey

Boredfrom

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2021, 09:56:45 AM »
Kurt Russell just proving my point that Etiolate was better than Nintex in his hissy fit.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2021, 10:08:15 AM »
Didn’t this happen before not too long ago? I vaguely remember one of these nerds moving the thread to a members only shitbin and then reversing the decision a little while later.

I dunno.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2021, 10:15:48 AM »

OH FUCK, YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON ANOTHER SUBFORUM TO GET TO THE SAME THREAD!?
 :existential
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2021, 10:18:35 AM »
Posting Trump tweets: gets permabanned.

A minuscule sample of vile shit posted:
I’ve also seen your texts you sent to women, so, I’m not even reading that

That's your call then. Keep your grudge going. I don't really care.

But keep proving my point about what I said about liberals and your ilk ignoring things because it offends you. You didn't even read the post. All you've got is talk and words. You instigate but little else: the true hallmarks of a coward. If I were a betting man I'd wager you were that f.aggot Stro. But you're not angry enough. You have a smarm to you so you, with intellectual superiority, so I'd assume you're mandark except he's gay. I'll keep wittling down. All I know is you're a discord f.aggot and nothing to me besides that. You mad? Keep doing me a favor and ignore my posts.

Ah. It's likely AmNintenho.

Gets 3 days.

Great job fellxs  ::)

No, that was in a different thread.  I'm talking about what he posted in THIS thread.

Great job there, Bionix.
 :brain
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2021, 10:31:19 AM »
I still don't know wtf is going on.

Anyway.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2021, 10:36:09 AM »

You’ve killed the thread by putting it in a members only subforum. It won’t even be a fraction as active as it was before.

If you can’t see that it makes me wonder why you two clowns are mods.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 10:41:32 AM by CHOW CHOW »
hey

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2021, 10:45:05 AM »

You’ve killed the thread by putting it in a members only subforum. It won’t even be a fraction as active as it was before.

Definitely pretty dead- all the replies it has don't count.
 :brain
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2021, 10:48:47 AM »
I had to update TWO bookmarks today, because of your riff raff.

:hmph

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2021, 10:50:32 AM »

You're lucky bork intervened, because what I wanted to do was kill the thread off entirely.
dog

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2021, 10:51:08 AM »
I guarantee you it won’t even be half as active. You’ve gotta be pretty dense to not see that. A large part of the appeal was that it was a public thread. You’re both incompetent and have effectively kneecapped the most active thread in all of Bire.
hey

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2021, 10:56:04 AM »

when was this fabled era when people actually tried to "talk about stuff" in the us politics thread? all i remember is glenda sperging out about hillary and mandark bragging about how many posters he ran off the forum in his yoof  :lol

It’s funny you mention Glenda, pretty sure people had largely the same reaction to him leaving as people have had to nintex’s ban.  All I’m trying to say is that even if I don’t agree with his ban, I get it.