Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 212170 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #720 on: May 23, 2022, 01:24:17 PM »
I actually looked up the 1919 SC commentary from which this cowded theatre thing originated and yeah, it makes no sense so people (and even lawyers) keep quoting this as an example of the limits of free speech in the USA. In reality, there are almost no limits imposed today, and you can absolutely shout fire in a crowded theatre.
I appreciate that you bothered to look into it.

People have been trying to stop the trope for some time but it seems resistant and feels like it's increasing as people fret about online speech:
https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-using-the-fire-in-a-crowded-theater-quote/264449/
https://www.popehat.com/2012/09/19/three-generations-of-a-hackneyed-apologia-for-censorship-are-enough/
https://www.popehat.com/2015/05/19/how-to-spot-and-critique-censorship-tropes-in-the-medias-coverage-of-free-speech-controversies/
https://www.techdirt.com/2021/10/28/why-falsely-claiming-illegal-to-shout-fire-crowded-theater-distorts-any-conversation-about-online-speech/

Christopher Hitchens used to do a bit where he'd yell "FIRE! FIRE!" before his speeches in crowded theaters. And now he's dead, so the danger is real.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #721 on: May 23, 2022, 01:37:19 PM »
Watch out everyone Trump retweeted re-trothed MAGA King Thanos

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1528421281380589568
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #722 on: May 23, 2022, 01:44:53 PM »
Thank you George for calling attention to what a banned user is doing on his tiny failing (Sad!) social media platform including filming a video of his feed on said platform. :american

benjipwns

« Reply #723 on: May 23, 2022, 01:59:21 PM »
Meanwhile, in New York:
Asked about his Afro-Latino heritage at the news conference where he was introduced as Ms. Hochul’s choice for lieutenant governor, Mr. Delgado gave a winding answer. He said people had surmised that he was Afro-Latino because of his name, or perhaps because he briefly lived in Puerto Rico, where he played semipro basketball. He then seemed to suggest that his Latino heritage stemmed from his family’s ties to Cape Verde, a small island nation off the west coast of Africa that was once a Portuguese colony.

The answer mystified some of his supporters, and created an opening for his opponents to scrutinize his claims of being Latino.

Luis A. Miranda Jr., a founding partner of the MirRam Group, a political consulting firm, posted celebratory comments on Twitter about Mr. Delgado’s appointment when it was announced. But after hearing his remarks at the news conference, Mr. Miranda said he was “puzzled by his explanation on ethnicity.”

Mr. Delgado, in an interview with The New York Times, described the complexity of how he views his ethnicity. He said his mother grew up at a time when she felt safe identifying only as Black or white, but eventually embraced the Mexican, Colombian and Venezuelan ancestry of her father, whom she did not know.

“She became someone who identifies as a proud Black woman with Latino roots,” Mr. Delgado said in the interview. “And as I’ve tried to orient myself and my sense of identity through her, that is the entry point.”

Asked how he identified himself, Mr. Delgado said: “I am a Black American man with Cape Verdean roots and Latino roots. When it pertains to my Latino roots, that comes from my mom’s side, whose own story around her identity is multifaceted and complex.”

“Gov. Hochul is being extremely opportunistic and simplistic,” said Ms. Archila, who immigrated to the United States from Colombia and whose running mate is Jumaane Williams, New York City’s public advocate. “I think he should say more than, I have an ancestor who once was born in Colombia.”

Ms. Reyna, whose running mate is Representative Thomas R. Suozzi, said at a recent campaign event that a “last name does not make you Latino.” The first statewide Latino official should be “authentic,” have “lived experience” and a record of helping Latino communities, she told Encuentro New York, a Latino advocacy group.

“She tells us that her lieutenant governor is a member of the Latino community,” Ms. Reyna, who is Dominican, said of the governor. “This is not about identity politics. This is about being truthful.”

Ms. Hochul and her campaign have said little about the questions surrounding Mr. Delgado’s ethnicity. They referred to him as Afro-Latino in the third line of a news release announcing his appointment; an email sent out the next day about a fund-raiser did not mention his ethnicity.

“He identifies as Afro-Latino,” Jerrel Harvey, a spokesman for Ms. Hochul’s campaign, said.

Camille Rivera, a Democratic political strategist who identifies as Afro-Latina, said Ms. Hochul had missed an opportunity to energize an important voting bloc that could help decide the general election. Among the issues Latino leaders say they want state government to address are affordable housing, child care and inequalities in health care.

“You have no statewide Latino representation, right?” Ms. Rivera said. “Here was an opportunity to actually lift up Latinos in a real way.”

There has been little scrutiny of Mr. Delgado’s Latino heritage. Several news articles over the years have identified him incorrectly as Puerto Rican. Some articles from 2018, when he defeated John J. Faso, the Republican incumbent, to claim the House seat representing the Hudson Valley and Catskills regions, referred to him as Black.

Asked whether he had ever corrected the record about being Puerto Rican before the news conference where he was introduced as lieutenant governor, Mr. Delgado said in a statement that he was “raised as a blend of heritages,” including “Latino roots.”

“That’s the background I grew up with and how I identify,” he said in the statement. “My mom’s maiden name is Gomez and she grew up identifying as having Latina roots.”

“Experience informs what you see, how you perceive things, how you bring in issues that might go unseen or unrecognized,” Professor Dinzey-Flores said. Choosing someone from an Afro-Latino background so that constituency is represented in government, she added, should be about “authentically” capturing that experience and not “checking a box.”

Melissa Mark-Viverito, a former New York City Council speaker who was born and raised in Puerto Rico, concurred, saying that Mr. Delgado’s claim of Latino heritage “raises the question and the concern of people loosely taking on certain identities and not being completely honest.”

“That concerns me because as someone who fully embraces the importance of representation, we have two qualified Latinas running and a chance to make history,” Ms. Mark-Viverito said, referring to Ms. Reyna and Ms. Archila. “Yet it feels like we are being duped. It’s all very messy.”

Days after Ms. Hochul named him as Mr. Benjamin’s successor, Mr. Delgado gave a 15-minute speech at the Harlem headquarters of the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network. Mr. Sharpton said he was surprised that Mr. Delgado did not address the confusion about his Afro-Latino identity.

“I think it’s something he can’t ignore,” Mr. Sharpton said in an interview after Mr. Delgado spoke that day.

Instead, Mr. Delgado reminisced about growing up in a Black Baptist church and drew hearty amens and nods of approval from the mostly Black crowd. He talked about why he pursued a career as a rapper after graduating from Harvard Law School, an issue opponents tried to use against him when he first ran for Congress.

“I know the power of the culture,” Mr. Delgado said. “I am the culture.”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #725 on: May 23, 2022, 03:22:05 PM »
Meanwhile, in New York:
Asked about his Afro-Latino heritage at the news conference where he was introduced as Ms. Hochul’s choice for lieutenant governor, Mr. Delgado gave a winding answer. He said people had surmised that he was Afro-Latino because of his name, or perhaps because he briefly lived in Puerto Rico, where he played semipro basketball. He then seemed to suggest that his Latino heritage stemmed from his family’s ties to Cape Verde, a small island nation off the west coast of Africa that was once a Portuguese colony.

The answer mystified some of his supporters, and created an opening for his opponents to scrutinize his claims of being Latino.

Luis A. Miranda Jr., a founding partner of the MirRam Group, a political consulting firm, posted celebratory comments on Twitter about Mr. Delgado’s appointment when it was announced. But after hearing his remarks at the news conference, Mr. Miranda said he was “puzzled by his explanation on ethnicity.”

Mr. Delgado, in an interview with The New York Times, described the complexity of how he views his ethnicity. He said his mother grew up at a time when she felt safe identifying only as Black or white, but eventually embraced the Mexican, Colombian and Venezuelan ancestry of her father, whom she did not know.

“She became someone who identifies as a proud Black woman with Latino roots,” Mr. Delgado said in the interview. “And as I’ve tried to orient myself and my sense of identity through her, that is the entry point.”

Asked how he identified himself, Mr. Delgado said: “I am a Black American man with Cape Verdean roots and Latino roots. When it pertains to my Latino roots, that comes from my mom’s side, whose own story around her identity is multifaceted and complex.”

“Gov. Hochul is being extremely opportunistic and simplistic,” said Ms. Archila, who immigrated to the United States from Colombia and whose running mate is Jumaane Williams, New York City’s public advocate. “I think he should say more than, I have an ancestor who once was born in Colombia.”

Ms. Reyna, whose running mate is Representative Thomas R. Suozzi, said at a recent campaign event that a “last name does not make you Latino.” The first statewide Latino official should be “authentic,” have “lived experience” and a record of helping Latino communities, she told Encuentro New York, a Latino advocacy group.

“She tells us that her lieutenant governor is a member of the Latino community,” Ms. Reyna, who is Dominican, said of the governor. “This is not about identity politics. This is about being truthful.”

Ms. Hochul and her campaign have said little about the questions surrounding Mr. Delgado’s ethnicity. They referred to him as Afro-Latino in the third line of a news release announcing his appointment; an email sent out the next day about a fund-raiser did not mention his ethnicity.

“He identifies as Afro-Latino,” Jerrel Harvey, a spokesman for Ms. Hochul’s campaign, said.

Camille Rivera, a Democratic political strategist who identifies as Afro-Latina, said Ms. Hochul had missed an opportunity to energize an important voting bloc that could help decide the general election. Among the issues Latino leaders say they want state government to address are affordable housing, child care and inequalities in health care.

“You have no statewide Latino representation, right?” Ms. Rivera said. “Here was an opportunity to actually lift up Latinos in a real way.”

There has been little scrutiny of Mr. Delgado’s Latino heritage. Several news articles over the years have identified him incorrectly as Puerto Rican. Some articles from 2018, when he defeated John J. Faso, the Republican incumbent, to claim the House seat representing the Hudson Valley and Catskills regions, referred to him as Black.

Asked whether he had ever corrected the record about being Puerto Rican before the news conference where he was introduced as lieutenant governor, Mr. Delgado said in a statement that he was “raised as a blend of heritages,” including “Latino roots.”

“That’s the background I grew up with and how I identify,” he said in the statement. “My mom’s maiden name is Gomez and she grew up identifying as having Latina roots.”

“Experience informs what you see, how you perceive things, how you bring in issues that might go unseen or unrecognized,” Professor Dinzey-Flores said. Choosing someone from an Afro-Latino background so that constituency is represented in government, she added, should be about “authentically” capturing that experience and not “checking a box.”

Melissa Mark-Viverito, a former New York City Council speaker who was born and raised in Puerto Rico, concurred, saying that Mr. Delgado’s claim of Latino heritage “raises the question and the concern of people loosely taking on certain identities and not being completely honest.”

“That concerns me because as someone who fully embraces the importance of representation, we have two qualified Latinas running and a chance to make history,” Ms. Mark-Viverito said, referring to Ms. Reyna and Ms. Archila. “Yet it feels like we are being duped. It’s all very messy.”

Days after Ms. Hochul named him as Mr. Benjamin’s successor, Mr. Delgado gave a 15-minute speech at the Harlem headquarters of the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network. Mr. Sharpton said he was surprised that Mr. Delgado did not address the confusion about his Afro-Latino identity.

“I think it’s something he can’t ignore,” Mr. Sharpton said in an interview after Mr. Delgado spoke that day.

Instead, Mr. Delgado reminisced about growing up in a Black Baptist church and drew hearty amens and nods of approval from the mostly Black crowd. He talked about why he pursued a career as a rapper after graduating from Harvard Law School, an issue opponents tried to use against him when he first ran for Congress.

“I know the power of the culture,” Mr. Delgado said. “I am the culture.”
It's almost like using race as a qualification for office is a bad thing....
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #726 on: May 23, 2022, 03:30:23 PM »
Someone I spoke to this week told me that since Elon now has American citizenship he's technically an African-American.  :-\

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #727 on: May 23, 2022, 03:50:41 PM »
Yes imagine all those libs trying to keep an African American man down.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #728 on: May 23, 2022, 04:57:05 PM »
Someone I spoke to this week told me that since Elon now has American citizenship he's technically an African-American.  :-\

he is

this is why it's important for all rigorous media institutions to use capital-B Black in all official communications :wag
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #730 on: May 23, 2022, 05:58:30 PM »
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #731 on: May 23, 2022, 06:57:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1528864117662134273

I honestly can't think of a reason why that is.

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1528874304238133248

CNN is officially back on the Trump train
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 07:08:14 PM by Nintex »
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #732 on: May 23, 2022, 07:15:35 PM »
Would you bang?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KatelynTweeter

Absolutely
spoiler (click to show/hide)
as soon as I get a vasectomy  :shh
[close]
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #735 on: May 24, 2022, 05:11:41 PM »
Two of the Republican front-runners for Michigan governor could be disqualified because of fraud, but both plan to fight to be on the ballot.

James Craig and Perry Johnson are two of the five GOP governor candidates who don’t have enough valid signatures to get on the Aug. 2 primary ballot, according to a review from the Michigan Bureau of Elections.

But Johnson’s campaign believes he has enough valid signatures. Craig said he will keep fighting, too.

The Bureau of Elections does not have the final say on who makes the ballot. The Board of State Canvassers decides that on Thursday, May 26.

Here’s why the state says Craig and Johnson do not have enough signatures, and why Johnson’s team says the state process was faulty.

5 candidates short on valid signatures

Craig, Johnson, Michael Brown, Donna Brandenburg and Michael Markey Jr. are all short of the 15,000-signature requirement because they had too many signatures invalided due to fraud – as the state believes the names were forged by circulators.

In its review of the signatures, the bureau uncovered an “unprecedented amount” of fraudulent signatures. It names 36 petition circulators in particular who allegedly forged names.

These 36 people collected a combined 68,000 signatures across petitions for 10 candidates in varying races. There were a flurry of errors that tipped off investigators: similar handwriting for multiple signees, names from people who died years ago, incorrect addresses, etc.

There could be criminal consequences for the circulators. State officials plan to refer the apparent fraud to law enforcement.
oops

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #736 on: May 24, 2022, 05:39:08 PM »
There were a flurry of errors that tipped off investigators:
John, Mike, Barron, Earl and myself sign it with the sharpie fellas :trumps
🤴

benjipwns

james

« Reply #738 on: May 24, 2022, 10:55:58 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #739 on: May 24, 2022, 11:07:09 PM »
New Jersey :jeanluc

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #740 on: May 25, 2022, 12:55:06 AM »
Just ban schools, genius!
©@©™

james

benjipwns

« Reply #742 on: May 25, 2022, 12:53:22 PM »
What's the contradiction supposed to be?

james

« Reply #743 on: May 25, 2022, 12:58:03 PM »

Benjamin, he is celebrating an 18 year old that murdered people with a rifle.

benjipwns

« Reply #744 on: May 25, 2022, 01:05:35 PM »
Being pro-gun and pro-self-defense doesn't mean you support the murder of innocents. But go on enjoying someone's kid being murdered because you disagree with them, who am I to judge?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:13:29 PM by benjipwns »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #745 on: May 25, 2022, 01:52:57 PM »

Benjamin, he is celebrating an 18 year old that murdered people with a rifle.

You mean the 17 year old that defended himself?  (Assuming you're talking about Rittenhouse.)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #746 on: May 25, 2022, 01:55:12 PM »
No-one is making light of this guy's kid dying, but you have to agree it's hypocritical that this guy didn't want his daughter brains to get blown out, but then it happened. You get how that's hypocritical right?

benjipwns

« Reply #747 on: May 25, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1529520540561641479

Failed, he should have tried to stand on something.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #748 on: May 25, 2022, 03:06:25 PM »
Life comes at you fast.

https://twitter.com/theericklouis/status/1529400971377377281

https://twitter.com/theericklouis/status/1529442712981757952
The Rittenhouse situation has about as much in common as those tweets and common decency. What's fucking cunt.
Spud

Bebpo

« Reply #749 on: May 25, 2022, 03:12:00 PM »
Eh, no matter what a piece of shit guy he may be, his daughter didn't deserve to die because of it. Shit talking him when his kid just died seems bad taste.

james

« Reply #750 on: May 25, 2022, 04:00:35 PM »
Eh, no matter what a piece of shit guy he may be, his daughter didn't deserve to die because of it. Shit talking him when his kid just died seems bad taste.

The daughter is happily at home with Jesus, according to the right, so it's fair game to shit on her garbage dad and hope he lives the rest of his life in misery

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #751 on: May 25, 2022, 04:27:22 PM »

Well to be fair to james, we don't know this little girl's stance on the second amendment so it's entirely possible she "deserved to die", so to speak.

Occam

« Reply #752 on: May 25, 2022, 04:35:40 PM »
Obviously the murdered children could all still be alive if they too had been armed. After all, the second amendment says people, not adults.
#gunsforchildren

benjipwns

« Reply #753 on: May 25, 2022, 04:35:56 PM »
The daughter is happily at home with Jesus, according to the right, so it's fair game to shit on her garbage dad and hope he lives the rest of his life in misery
You kinda sound angrier at a dad who lost his daughter for earlier posting stuff on Facebook you dislike than the criminal who murdered her and multiple others. I'm starting to see a pattern in your cruelty.

Occam

« Reply #754 on: May 25, 2022, 04:38:49 PM »
You know, if fetuses only had guns, they could defend themselves against abortion!
#gunsfortheunborn

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #755 on: May 25, 2022, 04:44:54 PM »
You kinda sound angrier at a dad who lost his daughter for earlier posting stuff on Facebook you dislike than the criminal who murdered her and multiple others. I'm starting to see a pattern in your cruelty.

The shooter was out of his mind so he has less liability but for all we know that dad was sane when he made those disgusting, disgusting posts.

james

« Reply #756 on: May 25, 2022, 05:17:51 PM »

You kinda sound like a troll who doesn't legitimately care that a dad lost his daughter. I'm starting to see a pattern in your cruelty.

benjipwns

« Reply #757 on: May 25, 2022, 05:37:03 PM »
No, I remain against violence even in your case.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2022, 05:57:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1529542543314239489

400 million guns, where would you even begin to disarm.
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2022, 06:15:07 PM »
Start with that sixth gun that no-one is using

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #760 on: May 25, 2022, 06:57:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1529555040414867457

:wut

Even Trump managed this

And he's speaking at the NRA Convention  :doge
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #761 on: May 25, 2022, 06:59:43 PM »
I think he forgot that BLM started on his watch. :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2022, 08:29:24 PM »
“massacre”
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #763 on: May 25, 2022, 08:32:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1529555040414867457

:wut

man I'm shocked at the replies, I thought there would be tons of people agreeing with him, there is no chill

https://twitter.com/W_Nelson/status/1529592007546396672
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #764 on: May 25, 2022, 08:57:41 PM »
“massacre”
He's waiting for the forensic audit.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #765 on: May 25, 2022, 09:03:26 PM »
Life comes at you fast.

https://twitter.com/theericklouis/status/1529400971377377281

https://twitter.com/theericklouis/status/1529442712981757952
The Rittenhouse situation has about as much in common as those tweets and common decency. What's fucking cunt.

Am I missing something?

The father is pro gun, and with a mouthy shirt like that appears to be one of the "own the libs" crowd. The guy thinks it should be okay to bring guns anywhere. So the fuckheads who wear their AR-15s to pick up a new Hisense 55" TV at Walmart have the right to walk around intimidating everyone. Father thinks it's a hoot.

The father advocated for Rittenhouse, a fearful and angry young man who crossed state borders to attend an event where he hoped things would escalate to the point where he'd be able to use his easily yet illegally attained weapon. He did. People died. The father was down with that. He thought that was a hoot, too.

The father's child, rest her soul, was killed by a fearful and angry young man who used his easily and legally obtained weapons to kill 19 kids (most recent count) and a teacher, and to shoot his grandmother.

I'm willing to bet the father, like so many before him, changes his tune now that he's been directly affected by gun violence.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2022, 04:56:47 AM »
The father advocated for Rittenhouse, a fearful and angry young man who crossed state borders to attend an event where he hoped things would escalate to the point where he'd be able to use his easily yet illegally attained weapon. He did. People died. The father was down with that. He thought that was a hoot, too.

You obviously haven't watched any of that trial if you think this is how it went down. Next you're gonna talk about his three black victims even though the guys he defended himself from were white.

The gun wasn't illegally obtained. The gun never crossed borders.

The crossing borders thing you guys love to bring up doesn't make any sense either. His parents are divorced and his dad lives in that state. It's his childhood home.

benjipwns

« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2022, 05:40:09 AM »
The "crossing state lines" meme is also amusing because the city is right next to the border. It's not some epic trek that few dare to even survive but a common commute that tons of people including himself make every day.

james

« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2022, 12:18:39 PM »
The "crossing state lines" meme is also amusing because the city is right next to the border. It's not some epic trek that few dare to even survive but a common commute that tons of people including himself make every day.

As a libertarian, you should be well aware that "crossing state lines", even if the line is the subway between NJ and NY, or VA and MD, can get you locked up for many extra years when you diddle the children in the manner that libertarians do

jorma

« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2022, 12:26:33 PM »

As a libertarian, you should be well aware that "crossing state lines", even if the line is the subway between NJ and NY, or VA and MD, can get you locked up for many extra years when you diddle the children in the manner that libertarians do

which is obviously why some people were pressing that point to a ridiculous degree even when it held no significance in the actual case at hand...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #771 on: May 26, 2022, 12:32:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1529480679360184326

These ratings are yikes on the oof scale.

🤴

james

« Reply #772 on: May 26, 2022, 02:29:45 PM »
Another good guy with a gun

A man who walked onto the campus of an Arlington elementary school Thursday morning was injured when a gun he was wearing was accidentally discharged, police say.

NBC 5 has learned a man was walking toward the front office at Duff Elementary when he went to adjust his pants and hit the trigger on a gun tucked into his waistband.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/man-carries-gun-onto-arlington-elementary-campus-accidentally-shoots-self-in-the-foot/2978774/

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #773 on: May 26, 2022, 03:27:52 PM »
Who the fuck walks around with a round in the chamber? These people are lunatics.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 02:49:25 AM by Potato »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #774 on: May 26, 2022, 06:19:59 PM »
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #775 on: May 26, 2022, 08:03:48 PM »

You obviously haven't watched any of that trial if you think this is how it went down. Next you're gonna talk about his three black victims even though the guys he defended himself from were white.

The gun wasn't illegally obtained. The gun never crossed borders.

The crossing borders thing you guys love to bring up doesn't make any sense either. His parents are divorced and his dad lives in that state. It's his childhood home.

Mea culpa.
In my defense, the last I'd heard, there was a gun charge:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/explainer-judge-drop-rittenhouse-gun-charge-81285031

I also recall that the gun didn't cross state lines, and that an adult handed it to him within the state, which I understood to be illegal which, again, was based on a gun regarding minors law that turned out to be toothless.

The victims being white, I knew about, but go ahead and keep pretending you know how I think. That's a superb way to engender communication.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #776 on: May 27, 2022, 03:36:25 AM »
Being aggresive towards a kid that lawfully did nothing wrong is also not a good way to engender communication. I don't know how you think but in this instance you didn't think. You wouldn't be spouting these twitter talking points if you actually looked into it.

Stop calling the guys that attacked him victims.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #777 on: May 27, 2022, 04:33:54 AM »
You mean that bitchmade runt who went looking for trouble, found it, and whether or not it was legal required a whole heap of legal proceedings to determine?

But, yeah, go ahead and mimic my diction to mock me. And now accusing me of not thinking.

Anyway, enjoy your time in the plonk bin.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #778 on: May 27, 2022, 04:53:00 AM »
Cleaning graffiti and putting out fires is looking for trouble?

Nothing happened up until the point they decided to jump him. He only shot the first guy when he was fleeing, tripped and was with his back on the ground and the guy tried to jump on top of him.

The second guy that got shot was trying to hit him in the back of the head with the axle of a skateboard as Kyle was fleeing.

The third guy that got shot and ended up losing his bicep was pointing a handgun at Kyle's head as he was on the ground.

Putting people on ignore cause you don't like hearing the truth, makes you the bitchmade runt.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 04:57:18 AM by HardcoreRetro »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #779 on: May 27, 2022, 09:10:29 AM »
Cleaning graffiti and putting out fires is looking for trouble?
Arming yourself with a rifle and rushing to a violent riot where armed groups were already clashing is looking for trouble, yes.