Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 211464 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #780 on: May 27, 2022, 09:38:06 AM »
Cleaning graffiti and putting out fires is looking for trouble?

Nothing happened up until the point they decided to jump him. He only shot the first guy when he was fleeing, tripped and was with his back on the ground and the guy tried to jump on top of him.

The second guy that got shot was trying to hit him in the back of the head with the axle of a skateboard as Kyle was fleeing.

The third guy that got shot and ended up losing his bicep was pointing a handgun at Kyle's head as he was on the ground.

Putting people on ignore cause you don't like hearing the truth, makes you the bitchmade runt.

I never really followed this case cause I dont care about white people. But do you have a link with events?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #781 on: May 27, 2022, 09:49:51 AM »
I never really followed this case cause I dont care about white people. But do you have a link with events?
https://www.nytimes.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-shooting-timeline.html
In case of paywall: https://archive.ph/DrrCe

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #782 on: May 27, 2022, 10:07:22 AM »
Arming yourself with a rifle and rushing to a violent riot where armed groups were already clashing is looking for trouble, yes.
Arming himself turned out to be a good decision considering some peaceful protestors tried to kill him multiple times for doing good.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #783 on: May 27, 2022, 10:14:47 AM »
Arming yourself with a rifle and rushing to a violent riot where armed groups were already clashing is looking for trouble, yes.
Arming himself turned out to be a good decision considering some peaceful protestors tried to kill him multiple times for doing good.
No need for sarcasm. The people he ended up shooting were looking for trouble, too.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #784 on: May 27, 2022, 10:18:19 AM »
When he was cleaning the school during the day he wasn't armed yet. Only when they asked them during the evening to help protect the car park did they arm up as it had turned violent again.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #785 on: May 27, 2022, 10:21:15 AM »

Thanks, although I meant after the trial and evidence and such.

benjipwns

« Reply #786 on: May 27, 2022, 10:22:15 AM »
You mean that bitchmade runt who went looking for trouble, found it, and whether or not it was legal required a whole heap of legal proceedings to determine?
The only thing that "required a whole heap of legal proceedings" was a prosecutor under political pressure to overcharge and pursue a losing case to the end. The only feasible alternative theory is that he was trying to clear Rittenhouse's name.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #787 on: May 27, 2022, 10:24:13 AM »
You mean that bitchmade runt who went looking for trouble, found it, and whether or not it was legal required a whole heap of legal proceedings to determine?
The only thing that "required a whole heap of legal proceedings" was a prosecutor under political pressure to overcharge and pursue a losing case to the end. The only feasible alternative theory is that he was trying to clear Rittenhouse's name.

You've always been reliable, can I get a link from you about ritten house.

link :rage

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #788 on: May 27, 2022, 10:25:58 AM »

Pictured: Kyle violently attacking building with assault styled Windex during the day of the shooting.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #789 on: May 27, 2022, 10:26:57 AM »

The Wikipedia page looks comprehensive:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting#Sequence_of_events

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #790 on: May 27, 2022, 10:39:04 AM »
When he was cleaning the school during the day he wasn't armed yet. Only when they asked them during the evening to help protect the car park did they arm up as it had turned violent again.
Fair enough, but whether he (or anyone else) was asked to protect the place is unclear.
On August 24, Rittenhouse drove to Kenosha to stay with his friend Dominick Black.[52][41] The following day, August 25, Rittenhouse helped clean graffiti off a school.[53] Later, Rittenhouse and Black, both armed with rifles, arrived at Car Source.[54][55] Accounts differ as to whether Rittenhouse and Black's help was requested by Car Source. The dealership owner's sons denied that gunmen had been asked to defend the business,[56][57] but several witnesses testified that armed individuals had been directly sought out by the business to protect their property.[56]

Cauliflower Of Love

done with this Remember George Floyd.
« Reply #791 on: May 27, 2022, 10:41:04 AM »
I'm not sure why I'm retreading this but this is like satire:

After Black and Kyle Rittenhouse spent some time viewing damaged property and cleaning graffiti in downtown Kenosha, they headed back to Black’s house, where Kyle Rittenhouse took the gun and they eventually went back downtown, where the protests were held.

"Let's clean up this place!"

benjipwns

« Reply #792 on: May 27, 2022, 10:42:07 AM »

I literally don't know what it is you're asking for. :lol

After the trial he went to Trump's Southern White House, went on Tucker and Newsmax, etc. No idea what he's doing now, I saw he got banned from Origin for trying to use his actual name as his display name or something. I only really paid second hand attention to the trial, mostly because of the fits progressives were throwing that he wasn't just being summarily executed. Don't really care about him as a person as he sounds pretty lame.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #793 on: May 27, 2022, 10:43:58 AM »

I literally don't know what it is you're asking for. :lol

After the trial he went to Trump's Southern White House, went on Tucker and Newsmax, etc. No idea what he's doing now, I saw he got banned from Origin for trying to use his actual name as his display name or something. I only really paid second hand attention to the trial, mostly because of the fits progressives were throwing that he wasn't just being summarily executed. Don't really care about him as a person as he sounds pretty lame.

No sorry, I meant after trial looking back what actually happened.  Don't care what that shitstain did after getting out of court. either way ignore my posts this morning.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #794 on: May 27, 2022, 10:51:32 AM »
No sorry, I meant after trial looking back what actually happened.  Don't care what that shitstain did after getting out of court. either way ignore my posts this morning.
I replied with the wrong link above, but the page itself has some on the aftermatch as well, if that's what you're asking for...?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #795 on: May 27, 2022, 10:54:11 AM »
I replied with the wrong link above, but the page itself has some on the aftermatch as well, if that's what you're asking for...?

oh yea, I saw it. thanks.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #796 on: May 27, 2022, 10:56:33 AM »
I sort of feel bad for Kyle Rittenhouse in that he's basically been sentenced to a life of being wheeled out at pro-gun/repub events and fox news from time to time.

Guy seems like a bozo though :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #797 on: May 27, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »
"There he is folks, he went there and he got in guns blazing. And then he went on Hannity and got away with it. How did you get away with being on Fox Kyle? No me too's no anything. No I'm just kidding. We're glad he's here at the Republican National Convention, he's a real patriot and a great kid who got treated so badly by the fake news and Democrats" :trumps
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #798 on: May 27, 2022, 11:02:35 AM »
The dad who murdered his daughter and other people's children by holding pro-gun views is getting help:

benjipwns

« Reply #799 on: May 27, 2022, 11:06:41 AM »
Meanwhile, in Florida:

Pam Keith Esq. continues losing by proxy.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #800 on: May 27, 2022, 11:53:41 AM »
Fair enough, but whether he (or anyone else) was asked to protect the place is unclear.

It'll remain unclear. What was clear was that the business owner was obviously lying on the stand. Which is most likely why they couldn't stick him on that charge either.

Sam, who described himself as a property manager for Car Source, said under questioning from defense attorney Corey Chirafisi that he could not say how much property was lost in the arson and vandalism.

However, Chirafisi brought up a well-circulated news report that stated Sam had said the business had suffered $2.5 million in damages and the business’s insurer had rejected the claim.

“They don’t cover the riots. This is domestic terrorism, don’t cover it,” Sam was quoted as saying to WKOW last year. “I’m screwed. I’m bankrupt.”

On the stand, Sam said he could not confirm the report, that he did not know how much was lost and that the business was insured. Last year, Sam had also said he was a co-owner of Car Source, but on the stand said he was only an employee.

Chirafisi appeared increasingly frustrated as Sam failed to give direct answers to the defense after being more straightforward with the prosecution.

There's also a picture of his brother with the group of armed men at the Car Source smiling for the camera.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #801 on: May 27, 2022, 12:27:24 PM »
There's also a picture of his brother with the group of armed men at the Car Source smiling for the camera.
What does that prove?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #802 on: May 27, 2022, 12:44:46 PM »
They testified they hadn't met the group.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #803 on: May 27, 2022, 01:08:11 PM »
Where are you seeing that?

Anmol, who at the time was an inventory manager at the Car Source properties, recalled briefly chatting with Rittenhouse earlier in the day and giving the then-17-year-old his phone number.

Misread this maybe?
Another photo depicting Sal posing with the armed group — including Rittenhouse and former Car Source employee Nicholas Smith — at one of the Car Source locations was shown in court. Sal said on the stand that he was intrigued by the men, had never seen anyone like them before except “on TV,” and asked for the picture. He said he didn’t know the group ostensibly planned to stay on Car Source property.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #804 on: May 27, 2022, 01:19:20 PM »
I mean, I too, would not be telling a group of armed people with rifles in the midst of a riot what to do.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #805 on: May 27, 2022, 01:29:50 PM »
Even if he did, those people are still responsible for themselves and their actions.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #806 on: May 27, 2022, 01:34:56 PM »

Anmol, who at the time was an inventory manager at the Car Source properties, recalled briefly chatting with Rittenhouse earlier in the day and giving the then-17-year-old his phone number.

Misread this maybe?
Another photo depicting Sal posing with the armed group — including Rittenhouse and former Car Source employee Nicholas Smith — at one of the Car Source locations was shown in court. Sal said on the stand that he was intrigued by the men, had never seen anyone like them before except “on TV,” and asked for the picture. He said he didn’t know the group ostensibly planned to stay on Car Source property.

https://news.sky.com/story/kenosha-residents-say-there-is-still-more-to-be-done-after-trump-and-biden-visit-12063160

Either Sal lied to Sky News back then about being the owner or he lied on the stand. Since according to the article he was the owner of it in 2020 and when he testified in 2021 he apparently wasn't the owner but worked in a store in Milwaukee.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #807 on: May 27, 2022, 01:43:14 PM »

Misread this maybe?

https://news.sky.com/story/kenosha-residents-say-there-is-still-more-to-be-done-after-trump-and-biden-visit-12063160

Either Sal lied to Sky News back then about being the owner or he lied on the stand. Since according to the article he was the owner of it in 2020 and when he testified in 2021 he apparently wasn't the owner but worked in a store in Milwaukee.

(Image removed from quote.)
You said they testified that they hadn't met the group.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #808 on: May 27, 2022, 01:52:07 PM »
You said they testified that they hadn't met the group.

Yup, you're right and I was wrong.

"Sahil and Anmol Khindri said they both encountered Rittenhouse and other armed men on August 25, 2020, the day of the shooting, but only briefly."

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #809 on: May 27, 2022, 01:59:17 PM »
If only Kyle was protecting the school that day :fbm
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #810 on: May 27, 2022, 03:35:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/MattReedNews/status/1529525310328291328

:usacry :usacry :usacry :usacry

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't worry, the DA has been promoted to AUSA. :american
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #811 on: May 28, 2022, 12:21:52 AM »
Today in oops:
FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com

TAOS, N.M., May 27 (Reuters) - Two blazes that grew into New Mexico's largest ever wildfire were both started by the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), the agency said on Friday, prompting the state's governor to demand the federal government take full responsibility for the disaster.

Forest Service investigators determined the Calf Canyon Fire was caused by a "burn pile" of branches that the agency thought was out but reignited on April 19, the Santa Fe National Forest said in a statement.

That blaze on April 22 merged with the Hermits Peak Fire, which the USFS started with a controlled burn that went out of control on April 6, the agency previously reported.

The combined blaze has so far torched over 312,320 acres(126,319 hectares) of mountain forests and valleys, an area approaching the size of greater London, and destroyed hundreds of homes.

"The pain and suffering of New Mexicans caused by the actions of the U.S. Forest Service – an agency that is intended to be a steward of our lands – is unfathomable," New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham said in a statement.
The Fulton County District Attorney’s wide-ranging criminal investigation into efforts to overturn Georgia’s 2020 presidential election is heating up, weeks after the seating of a special purpose grand jury with subpoena power.

Jurors are slated to hear closed-door testimony from Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on Thursday, according to his subpoena, which was obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution through an open records request.

They also filed separate subpoenas to interview five of Raffensperger’s current and former top aides, including Deputy Secretary of State Gabe Sterling, the week of June 6 and at least one state senator later in the month.

“You comply with subpoenas,” Sterling told Channel 2 Action News, which first reported news of his subpoena. “You go in there, you tell the truth, follow the law and that’s what this office always does and will continue to do.”

Raffensperger will be one of the first witnesses from which the 23-person special grand jury hears testimony since jurors were selected on May 2. Fulton DA Fani Willis has refrained from calling witnesses to testify during the month of May to avoid appearing politically motivated ahead of this week’s primaries.

But with those elections in the rearview mirror and key witnesses like Raffensperger, Gov. Brian Kemp and Attorney General Chris Carr now clear of their intraparty battles, the jury is expected to issue a flurry of additional subpoenas in the weeks ahead.

benjipwns

« Reply #812 on: May 28, 2022, 12:23:02 AM »
Meanwhile, in DC:
Hale-Cusanelli, who has been in jail since Feb. 2021, did not dispute that he entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, and his defense lawyer explicitly admitted that Hale-Cusanelli engaged in criminal activity that day. Video shows Hale-Cusanelli yelling at cops outside the Capitol, entering the Capitol moments after it was breached, waving other members of the mob into the building, and attempting to grab another rioter away from police.

But Hale-Cusanelli attempted to defend himself against charges by saying he didn't know that the Capitol was where the House and Senate sit — despite having described himself during the trial as a history buff who closely followed the electoral college certification process. He claimed in testimony on Thursday that he didn't realize that senators and House members were in the Capitol building on Jan. 6.

"I know this sounds idiotic, but I'm from New Jersey," Hale-Cusanelli told jurors on Thursday. "I feel like an idiot, it sounds idiotic, and it is."

The first count of Hale-Cusanelli's indictment charges that he "attempted to, and did, corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding, that is, a proceeding before Congress, specifically, Congress's certification of the Electoral College vote." Prosecutors had to convince a jury that Hale-Cusanelli acted "knowingly" and not "through ignorance, mistake, or accident."

Hale-Cusanelli leaned heavily on the "ignorance" component, telling jurors that — despite his knowledge of the 17th Amendment that provided for direct election of U.S. senators — he had no clue that members of Congress met at the Capitol.

"I didn't know the Capitol building was the same as the congressional building," Hale-Cusanelli told a federal prosecutor.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #813 on: May 28, 2022, 02:52:29 AM »
Cool, get him on perjury as well.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #814 on: May 28, 2022, 04:09:31 AM »
Trump outsmarted both the Democrats and his Republican challengers with a truely dystopian speech.

He mostly skipped over the usual conservative talking points and started with a Trumpian remembrance, said the shooter would burn in hell and made the simple argument that guns are necessary because of the existence of such evil.
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #815 on: May 28, 2022, 06:04:21 AM »
Capitols is the ice rink of the NHL team right !? :derp
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #816 on: May 28, 2022, 09:03:17 AM »
Meanwhile, in DC:
Hale-Cusanelli, who has been in jail since Feb. 2021, did not dispute that he entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, and his defense lawyer explicitly admitted that Hale-Cusanelli engaged in criminal activity that day. Video shows Hale-Cusanelli yelling at cops outside the Capitol, entering the Capitol moments after it was breached, waving other members of the mob into the building, and attempting to grab another rioter away from police.

But Hale-Cusanelli attempted to defend himself against charges by saying he didn't know that the Capitol was where the House and Senate sit — despite having described himself during the trial as a history buff who closely followed the electoral college certification process. He claimed in testimony on Thursday that he didn't realize that senators and House members were in the Capitol building on Jan. 6.

"I know this sounds idiotic, but I'm from New Jersey," Hale-Cusanelli told jurors on Thursday. "I feel like an idiot, it sounds idiotic, and it is."

The first count of Hale-Cusanelli's indictment charges that he "attempted to, and did, corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding, that is, a proceeding before Congress, specifically, Congress's certification of the Electoral College vote." Prosecutors had to convince a jury that Hale-Cusanelli acted "knowingly" and not "through ignorance, mistake, or accident."

Hale-Cusanelli leaned heavily on the "ignorance" component, telling jurors that — despite his knowledge of the 17th Amendment that provided for direct election of U.S. senators — he had no clue that members of Congress met at the Capitol.

"I didn't know the Capitol building was the same as the congressional building," Hale-Cusanelli told a federal prosecutor.

🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #822 on: May 29, 2022, 02:25:52 PM »
advertising a trump gold grift :dead
(ice)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #824 on: May 29, 2022, 08:58:56 PM »
advertising a trump gold grift :dead

You miss me yet? :trumps
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #827 on: May 30, 2022, 03:15:27 PM »
The secret service probably gave up protecting Trump when he wandered off into North Korea by himself.
🤴

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #829 on: May 31, 2022, 07:24:01 PM »
Even CNN can't sugarcoat this shit pile anymore

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1531773812156538881

They should learn from the brits and reshuffle.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #830 on: May 31, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »
They should execute her for retweeting Taylor Lornez tbh
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #831 on: June 01, 2022, 01:13:46 AM »
Another day in "when you should just stop at the critique":
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1531424178301173760

benjipwns

« Reply #832 on: June 01, 2022, 01:33:30 AM »

A White House press briefing on Tuesday saw a massive spike in viewers when K-pop megastars BTS stopped by to deliver remarks ahead of a meeting with President Joe Biden.

The seven-member sensation, which has shattered records with its popular songs and music videos, drove more than 310,000 simultaneous viewers to tune into a livestream of the press briefing on the White House’s YouTube channel. The regularly occurring briefings, which as of late have centered on topics such as inflation and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, rarely generate anywhere near the audience size seen Tuesday.

The White House’s official video of a BTS-less briefing last Thursday, for instance, had garnered fewer than 16,000 total YouTube views as of Tuesday afternoon.

BTS came to the White House to talk to Biden about Asian inclusion and representation, and to discuss a sharp rise in anti-Asian hate crimes in recent years. Biden last year signed the Covid-19 Hate Crimes Act in an effort to address that trend.
“Hi, we’re BTS, and it is a great honor to be invited to the White House today to be able to discuss the important issues of anti-Asian hate crimes, Asian inclusion and diversity,” the group’s leader RM told the crowd of reporters in English.

He also thanked Biden for the “important opportunity to speak about the important causes [and] remind ourselves of what we can do as artists.”

The other six members each spoke in Korean. The band took no questions and left the room.

Much of the audience checked out just as quickly. Within a few minutes of the group’s departure, more than 200,000 viewers had left the livestream.
:american

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #833 on: June 01, 2022, 03:50:32 AM »
Another day in "when you should just stop at the critique":
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1531424178301173760

she's probably happy then

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #837 on: June 02, 2022, 12:57:49 PM »
:salute
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #838 on: June 02, 2022, 02:16:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1532097085981474818

Guess they've completely given up at this point.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #839 on: June 02, 2022, 07:12:01 PM »
Guess they've completely given up at this point.
But he's right, what could they do? Time travel isn't an enumerated power in the Constitution, especially for the executive branch.