Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 217186 times)

Himu

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #2040 on: September 14, 2022, 08:05:45 PM »
That happens across both political lines these days. Nothing worse than a bunch of out of state re re's dumping money into your local politics. Flexing their values, pushing their bullshit on a state they've likely never lived much less visited. Whether it's a federal lawsuit and you don't even live in the state or it's a bunch of elitist liberal cunts dumping their out of state money into a grifters pockets so he can push a regressive agenda on an area with conservative values.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2041 on: September 15, 2022, 02:53:10 AM »
Give me more crazy theories please.

Let’s leave the theories to the expert.

In July 2021, Real Raw News published an article claiming that Biden, despite appearances to the contrary, had not set foot in the White House, and was in fact turned away by the U.S. military when he and Kabula Harris sought entry on January 20th that year. Although multiple independent sources confirmed the story, we still questioned its veracity, for if true, it meant that every media organization in the country, including Fox News, was part of the fraud. Sources had said the Biden regime and its media enablers used movie sets and sound stages to mimic White House press events.

https://realrawnews.com/2022/09/trumps-advisor-checks-on-white-house/

:salute
I love how the world's most massive conspiracy in control of everything on Earth and inventing things like COVID simply gave up trying to get into the White House and has left it abandoned for nearly two years because the military apparently said they couldn't come in.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2042 on: September 15, 2022, 03:15:38 AM »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2043 on: September 15, 2022, 03:37:10 AM »
Bernie would have nationalized the rail companies last week.

Bernie would have been talking about the virtues of spike hammerists unions, while fusion trains flew overheard.

benjipwns

« Reply #2044 on: September 15, 2022, 03:52:27 AM »
Bernie would have nationalized the rail companies last week.

Bernie would have been talking about the virtues of spike hammerists unions, while fusion trains flew overheard.
Why are you guys talking about trains? Bernie would have created transporters and given everyone jetpacks.

"What's going up won't be inflation, it will be you with your safe jetpack." - :bernie

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2045 on: September 15, 2022, 04:24:01 AM »
Bernie would've send an email asking you to donate.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2046 on: September 15, 2022, 04:33:27 AM »
i just reported bernies emails as spam

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2047 on: September 15, 2022, 05:52:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1570194506548498438

DeSantis takes no prisoners

No, he sends them to the vacation spots of the liberal elites.

…part of me hopes someone figures out something legal and horrible to send to DeSantis' country club. Like gifting their golf club with fertilizer: 50 tons of bullshit.

Himu

« Reply #2048 on: September 15, 2022, 08:21:18 AM »
Keep sending them, please.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2049 on: September 15, 2022, 09:01:26 AM »
DeSantis: I will send you all my illegals libs, no more peaceful garden fundraising parties for you. Let's see how you like those taco trucks  :mods

Obama: Thank you for the cheap bartenders, voters, facebook moderators and latinx exotic dancers Governor, hmmm I love Taco's :obama

Trump: Where the hell did you take my illegals Ronnie. My golf course and basements don't clean themselves :trumps

Desantis: :batman
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #2050 on: September 15, 2022, 02:22:40 PM »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2051 on: September 15, 2022, 04:14:11 PM »
Biden saved the trains!!!!!!

But one sick day for the workers? Thats basically communism
:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #2053 on: September 15, 2022, 06:41:09 PM »
http://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1569847934849634306

Jesus, ordered by the FBI not to talk about the investigation, and he broadcasts it. I hope he lands back in jail.

You think Lindell is going to jail?!? The FBI will be lucky to even exist after Mike is done with them.

https://twitter.com/Out5p0ken/status/1570479520565673984

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #2054 on: September 15, 2022, 07:35:19 PM »
http://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1569847934849634306

Jesus, ordered by the FBI not to talk about the investigation, and he broadcasts it. I hope he lands back in jail.

You think Lindell is going to jail?!? The FBI will be lucky to even exist after Mike is done with them.

https://twitter.com/Out5p0ken/status/1570479520565673984

All according to keikaku

Himu

« Reply #2055 on: September 15, 2022, 11:17:20 PM »
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wake-up-call-for-the-radical-environmentalists-peter/id1498149200?i=1000579344793

Hold These Truths with Dan Crenshaw - Wake-Up Call for the Radical Environmentalists | Peter Huntsman

Peter Huntsman is one of the foremost experts on energy and chemical markets. He joins us to examine the multiple crises involving energy, food, and water that are unfolding across the globe thanks to radical environmental policies.

Peter Huntsman is CEO of Huntsman Corp, a global chemicals company that manufactures the building blocks for countless consumer and industrial products.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #2056 on: September 16, 2022, 03:44:47 AM »
With the event, the Biden-Harris Administration announced the following core principles for reform:

Promote competition in the technology sector. The American information technology sector has long been an engine of innovation and growth, and the U.S. has led the world in the development of the Internet economy. Today, however, a small number of dominant Internet platforms use their power to exclude market entrants, to engage in rent-seeking, and to gather intimate personal information that they can use for their own advantage. We need clear rules of the road to ensure small and mid-size businesses and entrepreneurs can compete on a level playing field, which will promote innovation for American consumers and ensure continued U.S. leadership in global technology. We are encouraged to see bipartisan interest in Congress in passing legislation to address the power of tech platforms through antitrust legislation.

Protect our kids by putting in place even stronger privacy and online protections for them, including prioritizing safety by design standards and practices for online platforms, products, and services. Children, adolescents, and teens are especially vulnerable to harm. Platforms and other interactive digital service providers should be required to prioritize the safety and wellbeing of young people above profit and revenue in their product design, including by restricting excessive data collection and targeted advertising to young people.

Remove special legal protections for large tech platforms. Tech platforms currently have special legal protections under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act that broadly shield them from liability even when they host or disseminate illegal, violent conduct or materials. The President has long called for fundamental reforms to Section 230.

Increase transparency about platform’s algorithms and content moderation decisions.  Despite their central role in American life, tech platforms are notoriously opaque. Their decisions about what content to display to a given user and when and how to remove content from their sites affect Americans’ lives and American society in profound ways. However, platforms are failing to provide sufficient transparency to allow the public and researchers to understand how and why such decisions are made, their potential effects on users, and the very real dangers these decisions may pose.
lmao

The Adults Are Back In Charge™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2057 on: September 16, 2022, 07:04:27 AM »
the only thing that can save it is pointing out loudly that trump also wanted to "reform" section 230
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2058 on: September 16, 2022, 10:46:07 AM »

:biden
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #2059 on: September 16, 2022, 12:07:48 PM »
Section 230 is fine.

Empower and direct the FTC to bring criminal charges against monopolies, then we'll start getting somewhere.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2061 on: September 16, 2022, 03:01:41 PM »
I see absolutely no downside for liberals in this entire situation, yet there's this constant alternating between "look how great everything is turning out" and "desantis must be stopped, what a horrible person, this is illegal"

- if the immigrants remained in florida: everyone in FL is racist and will mistreat them and exploit them
- also if the immigrants remained in florida: if they're not mistreated, they'll fall into the local mentality that promotes conservatism and help them grow in power
- since they're being moved to liberal states: they are always treated well by the caring locals and set back on their feet
- they will owe a debt of gratitude toward liberals and feel drawn to that way of thinking, promoting liberal values
- liberal areas become less white which is a clear positive for diversity of thought and experience
- conservatives left to rot with their aging population and no influx of new people and ideas
- PR disaster of mean old conservatives shipping people around
- constant drain on conservative funds in order to move these people around

why the hell would anyone want to stop this? the only reason I can think of is if you don't like feeding, clothing and employing the needy, which is destantis' shitty position

keep it rolling, it's the best possible outcome for everyone involved
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2062 on: September 16, 2022, 03:04:23 PM »
Because the rich people don't won't the poor people in their backyard.

They only want them in the backyard of other poor people.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #2064 on: September 16, 2022, 04:38:56 PM »
I see absolutely no downside for liberals in this entire situation, yet there's this constant alternating between "look how great everything is turning out" and "desantis must be stopped, what a horrible person, this is illegal"

- if the immigrants remained in florida: everyone in FL is racist and will mistreat them and exploit them
- also if the immigrants remained in florida: if they're not mistreated, they'll fall into the local mentality that promotes conservatism and help them grow in power
- since they're being moved to liberal states: they are always treated well by the caring locals and set back on their feet
- they will owe a debt of gratitude toward liberals and feel drawn to that way of thinking, promoting liberal values
- liberal areas become less white which is a clear positive for diversity of thought and experience
- conservatives left to rot with their aging population and no influx of new people and ideas
- PR disaster of mean old conservatives shipping people around
- constant drain on conservative funds in order to move these people around

why the hell would anyone want to stop this? the only reason I can think of is if you don't like feeding, clothing and employing the needy, which is destantis' shitty position

keep it rolling, it's the best possible outcome for everyone involved

What. Latinos trend conservative overall, anyways.
IYKYK

Propagandhim

« Reply #2066 on: September 16, 2022, 05:32:53 PM »
What's stopping Philly from gathering up all their homeless and putting them on a bus headed for Florida on the condition that they'd be warm for the winter?  And before you say "morals", I want to clarify: Philadelphia.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2067 on: September 16, 2022, 05:40:06 PM »
lol the blue checks are really losing their shit about Trump's 'fat shaming'  :lol
It's called, we do a little trolling - Donald J. Trump

What's stopping Philly from gathering up all their homeless and putting them on a bus headed for Florida on the condition that they'd be warm for the winter?  And before you say "morals", I want to clarify: Philadelphia.
I expect by this time next year every state puts their migrants on a bus and they are being shuttled between states until they finally get dropped off at a Trump rally with no ride home because Trump didn't pay the bus companies.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #2068 on: September 16, 2022, 05:50:14 PM »
Liberals defending Chris Christie :dead
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2069 on: September 16, 2022, 06:02:17 PM »
Libs havin a good un today overall

🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2070 on: September 16, 2022, 06:03:58 PM »
 :brain

benjipwns

« Reply #2071 on: September 16, 2022, 06:07:52 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
So immigrants are trash? And should be in a dump? With a fence around them? Some kind of camp?

Hey, this game is fun, now I see why people do it!

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
:O

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2073 on: September 16, 2022, 06:20:02 PM »
...and the American left wonders why the rest of the world considers them right wing!
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2074 on: September 16, 2022, 06:23:37 PM »

if that were true then you might expect US liberals to generally be against immigration anyway

or if they think they can change their minds, it's much easier to do so when they're living in non-conservative-leaning states instead of rotting in florida or texas
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #2075 on: September 16, 2022, 07:10:20 PM »
One of the beliefs in California, to deny that incentives are an actual thing, is that other states are already doing this and sending them to California/San Francisco/etc. to ruin California and improve their states/cities. Not too long ago Gavin Newsom claimed Texas was the cause of all of California's homeless problems because they were deliberately sabotaging California in this way.

Thing is, these programs actually exist but it's a bit more complicated about who is doing it and why:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Hundreds-of-homeless-people-board-a-bus-out-of-SF-14188436.php
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/us/homeless-busing-seattle-san-francisco.html
https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvg7ba/instead-of-helping-homeless-people-cities-are-bussing-them-out-of-town

Himu

« Reply #2076 on: September 16, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Ah so they're trash huh?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2077 on: September 16, 2022, 07:17:40 PM »

if that were true then you might expect US liberals to generally be against immigration anyway

or if they think they can change their minds, it's much easier to do so when they're living in non-conservative-leaning states instead of rotting in florida or texas

Because liberals are delusional and cling to things like "demographics is destiny" even though Latinos and Asians are flipping to Republicans. They're so obsessed with identity politics they think all "minorities" think the same or these are collectivist obsessed racial groups who act like crabs.

The truth is more complex.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/23/1113166779/hispanic-and-minority-voters-are-increasingly-shifting-to-the-republican-party

Even Ruy Teixeira, the man that made the demographics is destiny theory has disavowed it. Liberals cling to it because they live in their own unique bubbles. Remember a few years ago liberals were all about sanctuary states so in theory this should be fine for them. But reality knows that libs and progressives use racial minorities as a convenient cudgel to win. They don't actually care about us which is precisely why when they meet a black Republican or something they're a "race traitor" even if the person calling them that is white and they only seem to care about "minorities" during election years.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 07:24:35 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2078 on: September 16, 2022, 07:45:07 PM »
One of the greatest and yet under talked about political stories of our time is the great realignment. It's already happening. Democrats deny it but they have become the party of the elite. Corporations, governments, the media, and organizations/groups that shut out everyday people and everyday trains of thought on to all of us and they so happen to be extremely intertwined with the Democratic Party. Trump and the Democratic Partys overcorrection and reaction to Trump caused this. They're in utter denial. People I know that worked during the pandemic in the flesh - not behind a computer - kind of resent Democrats. The working class regardless of race is trending conservative, and even if that doesn't necessarily mean Republican, and it's still not Democratic. Democrats have become the party of people that tell everyone in society what they think is best. The modern moral police. They will deny but everyday people see it and witness it all the time. Meanwhile they say that the Republicans are against the working class ideals and voting "against your best interests". See? Elitism.

They can't admit they're a bunch of overly educated city lovers.

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2022/09/12/along-the-texas-mexico-border-gop-enthusiasm-mounts-as-democrats-defect-over-immigration-concerns/

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3580130-america-is-heading-toward-its-third-great-political-realignment/
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2079 on: September 16, 2022, 08:00:07 PM »
if that's a real thing that's taking place -- not denying it but acknowledging that I just haven't looked into it -- that almost feels like a trap

because any corporations vocally leaning liberal/politically correct are just doing so because it's socially acceptable and scores free marketing points, while benefiting from all the conservative policies in place for the rich/elite, they're not going to reject that because they're soulless and have no real ability to "take a stand" as a corporate entity

if regular america goes right, and rich corporate america sounds left but is still quietly right, then who is even left?
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2080 on: September 16, 2022, 08:24:12 PM »
ok maybe someone can explain this to me because maybe I don't understand

the current thing going around social media about the desantis deportation is that he has a $12 million deportation budget and spent $600k of it to fly these immigrants to martha's vinyard

https://twitter.com/CharlieCrist/status/1570794372517732353

everyone is saying "he fucked up, his taxpayers aren't going to be happy that he's spending all their money on this stupid shit"

but imagine they stayed in texas or florida for years, got paid under the table as undocumented workers (no taxes involved), and took advantage of state programs the whole time?  I mean even the tiniest shit like using public roads, all the way up to health care

might it add up to more than $12k per person?

are people not thinking about this or am I missing something?
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #2081 on: September 16, 2022, 08:26:44 PM »

I'll defend Marco Rubio a little. Where the fuck is the Sunshine Protection Act vis-a-vis the current House session? :maf

PASS THIS SHIT ALREADY, I'm so over switching back and forth every year. The other countries are laughing at us.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2082 on: September 16, 2022, 09:19:23 PM »
if that's a real thing that's taking place -- not denying it but acknowledging that I just haven't looked into it -- that almost feels like a trap

because any corporations vocally leaning liberal/politically correct are just doing so because it's socially acceptable and scores free marketing points, while benefiting from all the conservative policies in place for the rich/elite, they're not going to reject that because they're soulless and have no real ability to "take a stand" as a corporate entity

if regular america goes right, and rich corporate america sounds left but is still quietly right, then who is even left?
What's laughable about the US corporate sector supposedly leaning left is that they are consistently breaking unions and any sort of worker power while promoting identity politics.

How the fuck does that line up with "left" politics? The Democrats wholeheartedly back this stance as well because they are exactly the same.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #2083 on: September 17, 2022, 05:40:51 AM »
ok maybe someone can explain this to me because maybe I don't understand

the current thing going around social media about the desantis deportation is that he has a $12 million deportation budget and spent $600k of it to fly these immigrants to martha's vinyard

https://twitter.com/CharlieCrist/status/1570794372517732353

everyone is saying "he fucked up, his taxpayers aren't going to be happy that he's spending all their money on this stupid shit"

but imagine they stayed in texas or florida for years, got paid under the table as undocumented workers (no taxes involved), and took advantage of state programs the whole time?  I mean even the tiniest shit like using public roads, all the way up to health care

might it add up to more than $12k per person?

are people not thinking about this or am I missing something?

Don't think. Just get big mad like the corporations and the news told us to.

I don't blame socialists or communists for becoming what they are. They are right about corporate greed. The same thing fueling the modern socialist movement is fueling the same modern conservative movement just in the opposite stream. Liberals will deny it. Unfortunately Republicans aren't the party of small government anymore and socialists/communists like big government by nature.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2084 on: September 17, 2022, 05:58:38 AM »
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-republicans-keep-failing-to-pass-abortion-bans/

Good article.

Read the Texas Tribune article I linked. Democrats do not care about the interests of everyday folk and shame us as they sit in ivory towers and throw rocks. No one likes them. Republicans aren't perfect and have massive issues but sometimes you need a blunt object to protect your interests. They've managed to make it so that the animosity against them has grown beyond rural and now suburban. The yuppy city dwellers don't understand either rural or suburban living. The problem for Democrats is that Americans are suburb lovers and their suburb strategy is losing. Democrats may win the midterms because of Dobbs and bad Republican candidates but the trends are definitely there and the wheels are definitely being set in motion.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 06:34:26 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2085 on: September 17, 2022, 07:36:29 AM »

What's laughable about the US corporate sector supposedly leaning left is that they are consistently breaking unions and any sort of worker power while promoting identity politics.

How the fuck does that line up with "left" politics? The Democrats wholeheartedly back this stance as well because they are exactly the same.
It's all a matter of control.

Before COVID there was a big movement to make the labour market more 'flexible'. Short term gigs, project based jobs, small business, startups and self-employment. Mostly because corporations were setting the rules of the game and they were mostly concerned with making money not the planet or other such things. This was supposed to give people more freedom but it already started to show cracks because small businesses can't compete with corporations let alone state corporations like China and people with poor business skills simply lower their prices so they sort of become a 'cheap' alternative which then get hired by the corporations. And things like startups again were a way to drive wages down, "we don't pay you but you are part of something bigger". Of course when the owner quits they get jack and when the actual owners sell the joint to a big corpo everyone loses their jobs within a year or so. The epitome of this is of course 'the platform' like Uber, AirBnB or Deliveroo. Where you simply built a website that matches supply with demand without actually having to produce or deliver anything. Because small businesses give up their brand in favor of the platform that is growing in popularity they lose all control over their pricing and offerings. The platform owns them.

But during the Trump presidency and especially COVID liberals the world over realized that this flexible market meant that they had less control. It was easy to lockdown big franchises and have them work it out with bank loans than it was to close millions of individual businesses and it was easy for the corporations to spend money on all sorts of measures including working from home. As it would actually be cheaper than having everyone work from the office. They also realized that having outsourced everything to all sorts of different companies and contractors their governments weren't able to move fast. Unlike in China where they could just shut everything down on a moments notice because it is all state controlled. And finallly you have family businesses and these are an even bigger threat because they are often large, succesful enterprises that don't have shareholders to answer to. Also the governments weren't sure if could they trust these small businesses with government support or if they would just use the money to buy a new car or go on vacation and the population didn't trust that the government had their best interest in mind or made the right decisions. So in the end the liberal governments all realized that the combined health, social, economic and some would argue climate challenges needed quick decision making and long term planning that goes beyond the time any politician spends in office but they don't want to give up democracy. The government and corporations however were too corrupt to be trusted by society. This is basically where Adam Curtis' documentary ended and he wondered what the new post-COVID world would look like. If it would look like China or if we could built something better.

The corporate world, NGO's and modern liberalism however just doubled down on the course they had already set out, at Davos under the banner of the WEF or the Bill Gates Foundation. Corporations, NGO's and governments together map out and shape the future of society. Where the corporations accept that their role is not just making money but also signing up to the liberal world view and the government provides them with the incentives, tax breaks and policies to achieve it. The jobs of the politicians is merely to manage this process and have the public vote on 'how' not 'if' they want to achieve this. They just ask the corporate leaders: "What do you need to hire more PoC's?, what do you need to become climate neutral?" etc. basically the 19 goals that the UN set-out is the framework for all these plans. The third wing of this are the scientists and researchers. People like Birx and Fauci who are no longer limited by just the grants from government but can tap into unlimited funding from corporations as long as their research covers and promotes the topics that the government and corporations are interested in. And finally there is a group of very vocal stormtroopers on the ground, the activists and news media. Who mostly just act as the marketing branch of this endeavor. The modern left likes it because they can use the corporations to further their own goals that they would never be able to put to a vote. The corporations like it because it is very profitable for them. Banks were 'dying' for example but now the EU intends to use their infrastructure to store the medical records of all their citizens. Soon a CO2 budget needs to managed, again a service the banks will provide. At the same time the government starts to regulate the crypto currencies that threaten the banks. And most people that are on the "losing" end of these policies don't have any means to go up against this, so all they can really say is "They" are doing this to us. Because they realize that something is wrong but they can't articulate or understand how the system works.

The conservatives realize that if the corporations, liberals (center), NGO's/universities (left) work together they are vastly outnumbered and that time is running out.
Which is why some of them simply join the ranks of this alliance while others seek out by any means necessary the only force that can stop this, the voters.
Because if the liberals can no longer deliver the protection and funding from government, the corporations will jump ship.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2086 on: September 17, 2022, 12:13:03 PM »

I miss Roy Rogers, they all closed down out here but Jersey still has a few... can't blame Christie for craving a late night chicken sandwich from there.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2087 on: September 17, 2022, 12:50:12 PM »

Because liberals are delusional and cling to things like "demographics is destiny" even though Latinos and Asians are flipping to Republicans. They're so obsessed with identity politics they think all "minorities" think the same or these are collectivist obsessed racial groups who act like crabs.

The truth is more complex.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/23/1113166779/hispanic-and-minority-voters-are-increasingly-shifting-to-the-republican-party

Even Ruy Teixeira, the man that made the demographics is destiny theory has disavowed it. Liberals cling to it because they live in their own unique bubbles. Remember a few years ago liberals were all about sanctuary states so in theory this should be fine for them. But reality knows that libs and progressives use racial minorities as a convenient cudgel to win. They don't actually care about us which is precisely why when they meet a black Republican or something they're a "race traitor" even if the person calling them that is white and they only seem to care about "minorities" during election years.

Politicians' problem is still trying to paint Hispanics (a widely diverse group) under one brush. Puerto Ricans who have been living in NYC since the mid 1900s, Cuban refugees in South Florida, Mexicans living in a Texas border community, Salvadorian meatpackers in the midwest, wealthy Colombian expats living in the burbs, etc... so many different groups with their own (sometimes competing) interests. And also the Hispanic immigrant populations from prior eras during the first big immigration push are aging, having kids (or grandkids!) - and (like myself and other descendants from Ellis Island immigrants) the second and third generations tend to assimilate into American culture, know very little Spanish, etc.

I'll never forget hearing my coworker (a Puerto Rican IT manager) arguing over the phone with his young daughter, who didn't want to go visit their family back in PR, since she didn't speak Spanish and felt very out of place and uncomfortable whenever she went over there. You're gonna be seeing that a lot more in the future.
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

HaughtyFrank

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2091 on: September 17, 2022, 06:52:39 PM »
He paid the guy 3 million

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1570734007293251586

I wish the FBI lots of luck with the clusterfuck they created for themselves

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1571305322849128448
:dead
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:15:35 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2092 on: September 17, 2022, 09:59:32 PM »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:45:03 AM by Nintex »
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2094 on: September 18, 2022, 10:53:51 AM »
https://twitter.com/ZacaMesaSix/status/1570989914099183616
How do you both want pro-police and also less government?

She got carried away in her freestyle, the beat was too fire

Himu

« Reply #2095 on: September 18, 2022, 03:02:26 PM »
I don't know whom to vote for.

On one hand, stronger borders are needed. Please finish the wall. What if these people were cartel? Thousands of people streaming into the state every damn day. Please finish the wall. How is this not considered an invasion of America's sovereignty?

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1571533661413183488

But also, guns are on the ballot if I vote for O'Rourke.

On the flip side, Texas abortion law is extreme and doesn't include exceptions. Even I, someone that's pretty pro-life (although I don't label myself that), thinks women should have the abortion with specific exceptions such as rape, incest, and threat to her life.

That's on the ballot too in Beto's favor. I personally feel that Texas could use being more purple because the Texas GOP is extremist on certain issues. Injecting the state with some moderate Democrat politics would be good for the state, but Beto isn't what I'd label a moderate.

I've never seen an election where I've been on the fence so badly. I really don't know what to do.

Some days I think I'll vote Abbott, other days I think I should vote Beto.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2096 on: September 18, 2022, 04:09:03 PM »
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #2097 on: September 18, 2022, 04:26:42 PM »
On one hand, stronger borders are needed. Please finish the wall. What if these people were cartel? Thousands of people streaming into the state every damn day. Please finish the wall. How is this not considered an invasion of America's sovereignty?
Allowing immigration does not harm a nations claim of sovereignty.

Also on the Texas gubernatorial ballot:
Libertarian Mark Jay Tippetts, attorney, former Lago Vista city councilman, and nominee for governor in 2018
Green Delilah Barrios, environmental activist
Independent Deirdre Dickson-Gilbert, public educator (previously ran for Democratic nomination)
Independent Ricardo Turullols-Bonilla, retired educator and write-in candidate for U.S. Senate in 2020

benjipwns

« Reply #2098 on: September 18, 2022, 04:54:13 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #2099 on: September 18, 2022, 06:07:22 PM »
Forgot to post about this one: https://techfreedom.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/2022-09-16-Published-Opinion-dckt-.pdf

Absolute disaster area from the Worst Circuit. :dead

the googles do nothing

[close]

Creates a Circuit split so the Supreme Court will have to strike down the Fifth.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 06:19:42 PM by benjipwns »