Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 217151 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #4980 on: May 08, 2023, 01:37:32 PM »
Your opinion would be if value if you were a black man but you aren't and I have never ranted violently to other people or threw trash at them.

And he didn't either until one day he did.

That's the thing about mental illness. You lose control. Doesn't mean you should be executed.
:O

james

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4982 on: May 08, 2023, 03:30:18 PM »
He was a Tim Pool fan :dead

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1655630052694843416

Rest in piss bozo :pacspit
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4983 on: May 09, 2023, 12:24:10 AM »
Another right-wing attack on democracy, this time in Texas with a cishet legislator:
Rep. Bryan Slaton resigned from the Texas House on Monday after an investigation determined that he had an inappropriate sexual relationship with a 19-year-old woman on his staff, providing her with enough alcohol before their encounter that she felt dizzy and had double vision.

Pressure had mounted on the Royse City Republican to resign since Saturday, when the House General Investigative Committee released a 16-page report finding Slaton, who is 45 and married, had engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct with his aide. The committee of three Republicans and two Democrats recommended that Slaton be the first state representative expelled from the body since 1927.

Slaton's resignation, however, may not stop a planned Tuesday vote on a House resolution expelling him from office.
:usacry :usacry :usacry :usacry

benjipwns

« Reply #4984 on: May 09, 2023, 12:25:46 AM »
Trouble in a major presidential campaign:
Patrick Krason, the treasurer for Ye’s, better known as [deadname redacted for your protection], still-active presidential campaign account, told a federal regulator he had resigned on Monday, alleging in a letter to the rapper-turned-candidate that campaign advisor Milo Yiannopoulos had possibly broken federal campaign finance law. Yiannopoulos denied the allegation.

The change signals a broader political shakeup for the rapper, also known as Ye, who has floated running for president again in 2024, although he has not filed a formal statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission. The Daily Beast reported last week that Yiannopoulos had returned to lead Ye’s political operation. Yiannopoulos, a longtime far-right provocateur, had previously worked with Ye’s campaign but departed in December, shortly before Krason was hired.

Krason had served as the campaign treasurer since December, and told the FEC that he had resigned in a Monday letter. All campaigns are required to have a treasurer to accept donations, make disbursements and file mandated reports with the agency.

In a separate letter addressed to Ye and obtained by POLITICO, Krason said he had been told he was going to be terminated by Yiannopoulos but was resigning before that was made official. He also said he had recently learned of a “potentially serious criminal transaction” involving the [deadname redacted for your protection] 2020 campaign, saying that Yiannopoulos “submitted falsified invoices and for expenditures that would be deemed unlawful” in November 2022, before Krason assumed the role as treasurer. He added that there was too much “personal animosity” for a professional relationship with Yiannopoulos.

Reached by phone, Krason said he felt he needed to leave Ye’s campaign following the personnel changes and due to concerns about Yiannopoulos outlined in his letter to Ye.

Yiannopoulos denied any wrongdoing by himself or the [deadname redacted for your protection] 2020 campaign to POLITICO, saying he was not going to “give any credence or ridiculous, ridiculous and easily disproven claims.” He suggested the allegations were a “venomous” attempt by the former treasurer to lash out while leaving the campaign. Ye could not be reached for comment directly.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4987 on: May 09, 2023, 03:45:34 PM »
Osama is kicking himself for not thinking of this.

https://twitter.com/newsweek/status/1655672949758631952

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4988 on: May 09, 2023, 04:08:21 PM »
I've already been in a prison of my own making for my entire life.  :existential
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4990 on: May 09, 2023, 06:23:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1656014711169724419

Absolute chaos with Trump leading by 7% in the polls doing a CNN Town Hall and found liable for sexual abuse (but not rape) :dead

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 06:29:50 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4991 on: May 09, 2023, 06:39:52 PM »
I think there was probably another "greatest" witch hunt of all time.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #4992 on: May 09, 2023, 06:46:01 PM »
Deep State taking down a true American hero  :(

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1656050533604503557

“The truth has finally come out,” said Gregory Morey-Parker, who also accused Santos of stealing his scarf. An allegation, like so many others, that Santos denies.

:jeanluc

benjipwns

« Reply #4993 on: May 10, 2023, 12:00:08 AM »
This kind of disinformation wouldn't have happened back before Elon stole our democracy:
https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1656013997647462401

benjipwns

« Reply #4994 on: May 10, 2023, 12:13:43 AM »
The Texas shooter.

twitter.com/AricToler/status/1655629160956538896
FACT CHECK:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4995 on: May 10, 2023, 05:13:57 AM »
https://twitter.com/dom_lucre/status/1656288468618584064

This campaign is already 20x crazier than 2016 and 2020 just how unhinged can it get

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1656323009139953667
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:25:57 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4996 on: May 10, 2023, 04:40:02 PM »
Another weekend another protest from the left. All over an unhinged homeless. I'm sorry that he died but New Yorkers know what it's like to be attacked by a homeless man. This guy was ranting violently, throwing trash at passengers. Imagine being underground stuck in a car with nowhere to go as a mentally ill man SCREAMS AT YOU. Nope. The Marine did good work helping the people in that train car and I'm sorry that Neely died but protests over this? Absolutely ridiculous.

did you know that there are actually no violent homeless people in the NY subway ever

:idont

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/ny-times-writer-nyc-subway-fears-are-imaginary-monsters/

A New York Times opinion writer has been ripped for claiming that straphangers scared of “half-naked lunatics” menacing Big Apple subways need therapy for “imaginary monsters.”

Elizabeth Spiers sparked incredulity with her condescending response to the suggestion that a “polite society” is “one where people can safely ride the subway to work or take their children out in public without being accosted & menaced by half-naked lunatics.”

“Hi – New Yorker here,” wrote Spiers, who is also a Democratic pollster and NYU journalism professor.

“I’ve safely ridden the subway for 23 years and my child has never been menaced by a half naked lunatic, but these imaginary monsters in your head are addressable with therapy,” she continued.

Her tweet quickly went viral, seen more than 3 million times by Wednesday — with many questioning how serious she was.

“Not satire …,” one person wrote as others questioned if it was actually “a parody account.”

National Review writer Dan McLaughlin — to whose tweet Spiers had replied — was among those amazed that his critic had escaped seeing anything alarming for so long.

“If you’ve never encountered an alarming lunatic on the subway or its platforms, I question what city you’ve been traveling in,” McLaughlin tweeted.

“And how small your circle of friends must be if you don’t know anybody who’s experienced unhinged people in the subways.”

Others also noted how not seeing something firsthand does not mean it is not there.

“Exactly, Elizabeth! I feel the same way about tornadoes,” one person tweeted sarcastically.

“Everyone complains about them, but they’ve never bothered me. I’ve never even seen one and, frankly, I don’t really believe they exist.”

Spiers repeatedly doubled down on her views, replying to a flurry of critics to stand by her initial “imaginary monsters” claim.

She even dismissed someone who noted “all the videos showing mentally ill people in the middle of a psychosis.”

“All the videos? That you found on the Internet? That you have no idea where they came from or when they were shot? That you have not independently verified? And I’m the naive one?” she asked.

“My position is that the maybe two recent videos you’ve seen that are real,” she said. The two included the video showing the chokehold death of troubled vagrant Jordan Neely, said Spiers, who defended the subway system as suffering just “an occasional incident.”

“I see far more videos of unhinged people in Walmarts and it doesn’t make me think Walmarts are generally unsafe or stop going into them,” she wrote.

She even stuck by that when someone recounted recently seeing “a homeless guy pull his d–k out and pee off the side of one the subway tracks” at Grand Central in full view of women and kids at rush hour.

“Yeah I saw that s–t where I grew up. Except the guys weren’t homeless,” Spiers claimed dismissively.

When someone else noted how “everyone who’s ridden the subway in NYC for any amount of time has a crazy homeless person story,” Spiers maintained that she had similar experiences “everywhere I’ve ever lived.”

“I fail to see why homeless people on the NYC subway are any different from homeless people at the Walmart in my hometown and why anyone should consider either inherently dangerous,” said the proud “Alabamian/Rednexican.”

Noting a shift in her argument, the same person replied: “So it’s not ‘imaginary’ you just think people should be quiet about it.”

In one of her replies, Spiers conceded that “our subway system sucks.”

“But not because of safety issues. Albany loves blocking upgrades,” she insisted.
Uncle

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4998 on: May 10, 2023, 04:49:25 PM »
Another weekend another protest from the left. All over an unhinged homeless. I'm sorry that he died but New Yorkers know what it's like to be attacked by a homeless man. This guy was ranting violently, throwing trash at passengers. Imagine being underground stuck in a car with nowhere to go as a mentally ill man SCREAMS AT YOU. Nope. The Marine did good work helping the people in that train car and I'm sorry that Neely died but protests over this? Absolutely ridiculous.

did you know that there are actually no violent homeless people in the NY subway ever

:idont

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/ny-times-writer-nyc-subway-fears-are-imaginary-monsters/

A New York Times opinion writer has been ripped for claiming that straphangers scared of “half-naked lunatics” menacing Big Apple subways need therapy for “imaginary monsters.”

Elizabeth Spiers sparked incredulity with her condescending response to the suggestion that a “polite society” is “one where people can safely ride the subway to work or take their children out in public without being accosted & menaced by half-naked lunatics.”

“Hi – New Yorker here,” wrote Spiers, who is also a Democratic pollster and NYU journalism professor.

“I’ve safely ridden the subway for 23 years and my child has never been menaced by a half naked lunatic, but these imaginary monsters in your head are addressable with therapy,” she continued.

Her tweet quickly went viral, seen more than 3 million times by Wednesday — with many questioning how serious she was.

“Not satire …,” one person wrote as others questioned if it was actually “a parody account.”

National Review writer Dan McLaughlin — to whose tweet Spiers had replied — was among those amazed that his critic had escaped seeing anything alarming for so long.

“If you’ve never encountered an alarming lunatic on the subway or its platforms, I question what city you’ve been traveling in,” McLaughlin tweeted.

“And how small your circle of friends must be if you don’t know anybody who’s experienced unhinged people in the subways.”

Others also noted how not seeing something firsthand does not mean it is not there.

“Exactly, Elizabeth! I feel the same way about tornadoes,” one person tweeted sarcastically.

“Everyone complains about them, but they’ve never bothered me. I’ve never even seen one and, frankly, I don’t really believe they exist.”

Spiers repeatedly doubled down on her views, replying to a flurry of critics to stand by her initial “imaginary monsters” claim.

She even dismissed someone who noted “all the videos showing mentally ill people in the middle of a psychosis.”

“All the videos? That you found on the Internet? That you have no idea where they came from or when they were shot? That you have not independently verified? And I’m the naive one?” she asked.

“My position is that the maybe two recent videos you’ve seen that are real,” she said. The two included the video showing the chokehold death of troubled vagrant Jordan Neely, said Spiers, who defended the subway system as suffering just “an occasional incident.”

“I see far more videos of unhinged people in Walmarts and it doesn’t make me think Walmarts are generally unsafe or stop going into them,” she wrote.

She even stuck by that when someone recounted recently seeing “a homeless guy pull his d–k out and pee off the side of one the subway tracks” at Grand Central in full view of women and kids at rush hour.

“Yeah I saw that s–t where I grew up. Except the guys weren’t homeless,” Spiers claimed dismissively.

When someone else noted how “everyone who’s ridden the subway in NYC for any amount of time has a crazy homeless person story,” Spiers maintained that she had similar experiences “everywhere I’ve ever lived.”

“I fail to see why homeless people on the NYC subway are any different from homeless people at the Walmart in my hometown and why anyone should consider either inherently dangerous,” said the proud “Alabamian/Rednexican.”

Noting a shift in her argument, the same person replied: “So it’s not ‘imaginary’ you just think people should be quiet about it.”

In one of her replies, Spiers conceded that “our subway system sucks.”

“But not because of safety issues. Albany loves blocking upgrades,” she insisted.

She's full of shit and is also a lying rat.

No different from the Wal-Mart in her hometown. Lady, majority of New Yorkers don't have a car. Everyone uses the subway and therefore we all have to deal with your less than fair standards and allow the homeless to live, sleep, and shoot up on something everyone uses.
IYKYK

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #4999 on: May 10, 2023, 06:07:22 PM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #5000 on: May 10, 2023, 06:18:41 PM »
Clearly someone able to fulfill all their duties :salute
Margs

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #5001 on: May 10, 2023, 06:21:06 PM »

:dead

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #5003 on: May 10, 2023, 06:47:29 PM »
CNN constantly complaining about Trump and hosting a town hall for him.  They can't help themselves.   And Trump mocks them for it, too.  :dead

The guy refused to a peaceful transition of power, they called it fascistic, and now they're back on his nuts.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5004 on: May 10, 2023, 08:59:02 PM »
My understanding is that CNN never had better ratings than when Trump was in power. It's actually in their interests to see him re-elected.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #5005 on: May 10, 2023, 09:37:56 PM »
CNN constantly complaining about Trump and hosting a town hall for him.  They can't help themselves.   And Trump mocks them for it, too.  :dead

The guy refused to a peaceful transition of power, they called it fascistic, and now they're back on his nuts.

True!

But also, if they didn't host him cons would be like WHY ARE THEY SILENCING CONSERVATIVES

You can't win.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5006 on: May 11, 2023, 03:20:13 AM »
Trump destroyed CNN and their handpicked crowd loved it :rejoice

https://twitter.com/Quickwitnitwit/status/1656537696540450816
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 04:29:45 AM by Nintex »
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #5007 on: May 11, 2023, 06:29:13 AM »
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #5008 on: May 11, 2023, 01:33:07 PM »

True!

But also, if they didn't host him cons would be like WHY ARE THEY SILENCING CONSERVATIVES

You can't win.
Why would they care?

They created Trump by dropping billions of free time on him in 2015-16 at the expense of every other candidate including Hillary, said they learned their lesson and are right back to doing it again for him and DeSantis. All to avoid criticism from people they don't give a shit about?

Nah, it's much simpler: Trump brings them attention from outraged Democrats and Democrat-leaners who have outsized income to spend, they spend a little money to get a bunch of footage of Trump saying things that will outrage their viewers and then they can air the footage continuously for days. Then the rest of the media ecosystem can spend its time attacking and/or praising CNN and/or Trump all of which gets both brands out there while everybody that matters (the media and Trump) benefits. Add on how Trump doesn't challenge anything essential they support and it's win-win-win.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #5009 on: May 11, 2023, 04:43:31 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5010 on: May 11, 2023, 08:18:59 PM »
"Playing hanky panky in the dressing room" has got to be one of the all time best Presidential quotes.
🤴

benjipwns

benjipwns

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #5013 on: May 11, 2023, 10:11:41 PM »

Himu

« Reply #5014 on: May 11, 2023, 10:13:29 PM »
LMAO
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5015 on: May 12, 2023, 03:43:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1656822734079311872

Trump: "This town hall could be a disaster for all involved, including me"

:hesright
🤴

james

« Reply #5017 on: May 12, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »
Another Texas white male republican diddles kids

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1656734036746969088

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5018 on: May 12, 2023, 02:07:34 PM »
Trump about to drop another mix tape with the J6 Prison Squad and Tony the Diddler
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5020 on: May 15, 2023, 04:26:26 PM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #5022 on: May 15, 2023, 06:46:36 PM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #5023 on: May 15, 2023, 07:57:26 PM »
Defund the FBI!

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5026 on: May 16, 2023, 01:30:49 PM »
These polls are all over the place  :lol

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1658503694592122881

I think when the pollster calls people just flip a coin at this point.
🤴

james

« Reply #5027 on: May 16, 2023, 05:17:41 PM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #5029 on: May 16, 2023, 06:29:23 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

All 5 of the people who were studying Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Florida now have to find a better state to live in.

BIONIC

« Reply #5030 on: May 16, 2023, 06:41:31 PM »
The chick with the glasses tho :drool :sicko :drool
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5031 on: May 16, 2023, 07:08:43 PM »
"Please, either know or don't know."

I'm trying, Diane. :fbm
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5032 on: May 16, 2023, 09:47:24 PM »
The chick with the glasses tho :drool :sicko :drool
right in her tight arse  :hump

benjipwns

« Reply #5034 on: May 17, 2023, 02:09:09 AM »
Former Energy Secretary Rick Perry on Sunday teased a possible 2024 presidential run while declining to support Donald Trump’s campaign, becoming the latest onetime Trump appointee to distance himself from the former president’s third White House bid.

Perry, who unsuccessfully sought the 2012 and 2016 GOP presidential nominations, told CNN’s Jim Acosta in an interview that he hasn’t “written off” the idea of running for president in 2024, saying there was “a lot of time” before a decision would need to be made.

When asked if he believes Trump should be the Republican nominee next year, the former Texas governor said, “I’m still trying to sort that out for myself.”

“He may get to hear me call him names again,” Perry added, alluding to previous clashes between the two men in the 2016 Republican primaries. “If you’ll recall, I didn’t announce for president in 2011 until August, so we’ve got a lot of time left.”
:trumps

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #5036 on: May 17, 2023, 02:36:52 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This Ron DeSoros face should be an emote btw :joker
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5037 on: May 17, 2023, 06:24:48 AM »
reminds me of this

Uncle

james