Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 217175 times)

Himu

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #5280 on: September 13, 2023, 06:22:59 PM »
:dead

Can't wait for the ratings
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5281 on: September 15, 2023, 03:24:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/1702368030200586727

DeSantis' people getting real mad. Just monitoring the right wing civil war going on right now I can't help but think DeSantis has completely miscalculated. What other conclusion can you come to, based on the polling over the last month (including all the post-debate ones). They think this nomination is going to be driven by online-centric culture war shit. Trans shit, vaccines, lockdowns. In reality, no one is thinking about that shit. We all saw the debate. How many times did trans shit come up? Not once. How many times did "woke" get uttered? I may have heard it a couple times but that's it. That shit is not moving the needle. Speaking of the needle, most people are not obsessing over covid vaccines anymore. Hundreds of millions of people got the vaccine, and hundreds of millions of people are still doing perfectly fine. I applaud Trump for how the government managed to speed up the vaccine creation. It's working. And we know this in part because we can look at data from countries with vaccines that didn't work (China, Russia).

So if it's not gonna be trans shit or vaccines what will it be? I think republicans just want to win, and the last guy who won for them was Trump. They want to win, they want retribution, they want to punish people who make them feel stupid/racist/etc. That's all it is. And they don't care what Trump says or does. He's their guy. And until DeSantis finds a subgroup of republicans larger than that? He's fucked.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 05:51:16 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Himu

« Reply #5282 on: September 15, 2023, 04:59:43 PM »
I wouldn't say that's all It is. Perhaps it is with some Republicans but not all. Many Republicans just have different values than what is mainstream American politic. Black people have a similar bent and would vote Republican if not for the racism. That's a different set of values. Asians have a different set of values than most Democrats. There's nothing wrong with the T word, and that word being Tradition.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5283 on: September 15, 2023, 07:49:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1702739109603684420

Biden is fading fast.

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1702786020465369269

What will this look like after another year of phony court cases and Trump PR stunts.  :doge
When will the Democrats pull the plug on Biden.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5284 on: September 15, 2023, 11:44:39 PM »

Himu

« Reply #5285 on: September 16, 2023, 12:20:05 AM »
Why would the Ds pull the plug on Biden? Better or worse Biden has legislative victories and they have no one to replace him with in seriousness. Also polls mean jack shit with an election a year away especially given the very same polls predicted a massive red bloodbath last year which was successfully quelled. Biden is the first president in how many generations to not get his party shit wrecked in the midterms despite being the party in power. Given all of this why in the fuck would Democratic Party replace what's working for them? Especially with Trump as their supposed opponent there's no reason to do anything. Never interrupt your enemy and all that. Power moves 101. Another power move? Silence. For the most part Dems at the national level are letting Trump and co. do their battles for them. Democrats are actually certified G's and have zero reason to rearrange their chess board.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5286 on: September 16, 2023, 12:49:03 AM »
Biden is the first president in how many generations to not get his party shit wrecked in the midterms despite being the party in power.
They lost the House.

Himu

« Reply #5287 on: September 16, 2023, 01:03:44 AM »
Biden is the first president in how many generations to not get his party shit wrecked in the midterms despite being the party in power.
They lost the House.

Narrow majority. Point missed.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5288 on: September 16, 2023, 01:49:15 AM »
How many generations ago do you consider George W. Bush?

Himu

« Reply #5289 on: September 16, 2023, 02:31:59 AM »
Three presidencies ago, still pretty rare. Point missed.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #5291 on: September 16, 2023, 06:21:28 PM »
Point missed.
Point missed.
I didn't miss the point, I challenged something false that was said.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5292 on: September 17, 2023, 08:39:16 AM »
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #5293 on: September 17, 2023, 12:40:00 PM »
He's not gotten over being absolutely owned by Ben Garrison yet, clearly :neogaf
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5295 on: September 17, 2023, 04:31:58 PM »
idiots like her get paid millions for that  :killme

benjipwns

« Reply #5296 on: September 18, 2023, 04:06:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1703267381978726506

He stopped tweeting this eventually so presumably he was arrested and we just never heard about it. Currently is Vox's legal reporter.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5297 on: September 18, 2023, 10:36:13 AM »
To be fair, the 2022 midterms were a surprising success overall for the party in power despite the slim loss of the house. Largely driven by abortion, concerns about democracy, and anti-Trump sentiment. Biden may have been in risk of a primary challenge if a red wave had happened, but I think he's safe now (barring a health issue of course).

I'm not concerned about general election polls in fall 2023. As I've said before, show me a path of Trump winning MI/PA/WI. I don't see one. It'll be a high turnout election and an onslaught of early voting/mail ballots will kill republicans again. Am I thrilled about Biden? No. At the same time he has been a surprisingly good and effective president.

I also think it's clear some pro-Trump groups are flooding junk polls, similarly to what happened last fall. No, Trump isn't winning 12% of the black vote. No, Trump isn't winning suburban women. Trump isn't really running a campaign for president right now, he's running an influence operation. Is he beating DeSantis? Yes. But given the recent scramble from his people to put boots on the ground in Iowa it seems like they feel something is off. The Biden/general election polls are basically him projecting an aura of strength but that shit falls apart if he loses Iowa. And I do expect that he will lose Iowa; Evangelicals seem to have moved on from him. Do I think Trump wins the nom? I think he starts winning immediately after Iowa, sweeps the south on Super Tuesday, and wins most Midwest primaries. Basically I think we're gonna see a slightly weaker version of what he did in 2016, and DeSantis will end up retreating to Florida for a last stand on March 19th.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5298 on: September 18, 2023, 06:10:42 PM »
Out of all the things Trump has been proven right about I didn't think literal invisible F35 would make the list :titus
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5299 on: September 18, 2023, 06:57:14 PM »
trump still collecting fat donation checks and might not even run next year  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5301 on: September 24, 2023, 08:40:03 AM »

:rejoice :trumps

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 03:52:49 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5303 on: September 27, 2023, 04:07:41 PM »
kristen no

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5304 on: September 28, 2023, 12:26:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1707209235728380302

:birb these are bore level tactics  :neogaf

mr ducks would have worked better here tbh  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #5305 on: September 28, 2023, 12:32:42 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5306 on: September 28, 2023, 03:04:09 AM »
Trump called for a general strike against the globalists :ussrcry

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1707215338750849283

:desoy
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5309 on: October 03, 2023, 12:25:26 PM »
You have to hand it to the Democrats, all they managed to do is get Trump in New York for 2 days in a row to complain about the migrant issue during the only possible time the entire city would agree with him  :doge

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1708930154372735254

https://twitter.com/PU28453638/status/1709215354201764001
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5310 on: October 06, 2023, 12:54:42 AM »
I'm voting for Haley in primary. We will see what Temps plan is. Sell me a vote!
IYKYK

benjipwns

Sman

« Reply #5312 on: October 07, 2023, 04:17:45 AM »
You have to hand it to the Democrats, all they managed to do is get Trump in New York for 2 days in a row to complain about the migrant issue during the only possible time the entire city would agree with him  :doge

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1708930154372735254

https://twitter.com/PU28453638/status/1709215354201764001

:snore

« Reply #5313 on: October 08, 2023, 04:25:29 PM »
All the United States has to do is enforce its borders. As every other country on Earth does.

And everyone who laughed about Mexico paying: Imagine if Mexico didn't have an escape route for people who might be inclined to advocate for change.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5314 on: October 08, 2023, 05:28:17 PM »
immigration from mexico has been much lower than in the past. the people going to the southern border are from further south of mexico.

my brother used to work driving a bus for field workers. they are brought in from mexico legally to work. he would drive all the way down and pick them up, then they live in shitty motels here during the season and go back after. at any time they can just decide to not go back.

the border stuff is nonsense on so many levels.

Himu

« Reply #5315 on: October 08, 2023, 11:22:52 PM »
Weak ass Democrats. Deport them.

I'm this fucking close to voting for President Penitentiary.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5316 on: October 08, 2023, 11:44:30 PM »
are you ok, himu?

Himu

« Reply #5317 on: October 08, 2023, 11:45:31 PM »
Yeah, I am. Why do you ask?
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5318 on: October 09, 2023, 12:35:22 AM »
checking in on you. seems like you flare up with political stuff when something else is going on with you.

Himu

« Reply #5319 on: October 09, 2023, 12:58:01 AM »
Thanks for asking and checking in. I'm well, I just use this site as a form self expression where I can't anywhere else.
IYKYK

« Reply #5320 on: October 12, 2023, 11:26:52 AM »
immigration from mexico has been much lower than in the past. the people going to the southern border are from further south of mexico.

my brother used to work driving a bus for field workers. they are brought in from mexico legally to work. he would drive all the way down and pick them up, then they live in shitty motels here during the season and go back after. at any time they can just decide to not go back.

Tell that to New York City.

Meanwhile, if the United States enforced its borders, it would affect Mexico and Central America, etc. And those countries would be forced to deal with disenfranchised populations that have nowhere to go.

benjipwns

« Reply #5321 on: October 12, 2023, 04:43:10 PM »
I don't think Americans should be punished because other countries aren't as awesome.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5322 on: October 12, 2023, 05:29:50 PM »

Meanwhile, if the United States enforced its borders, it would affect Mexico and Central America, etc. And those countries would be forced to deal with disenfranchised populations that have nowhere to go.
tell what to new york city?

the idea of "securing" the southern border is just another dumb wedge issue. it goes no where.

people look at a map and think it's some simple task. likely it would cost more to do than whatever it is you think you'd be getting out of it.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #5323 on: October 12, 2023, 07:02:42 PM »
#Filler2024
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5324 on: October 13, 2023, 01:42:34 PM »
I don't think Americans should be punished because other countries aren't as awesome.

https://twitter.com/SpaceCatMemes/status/1712635569795190938
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Himu

« Reply #5326 on: October 14, 2023, 02:21:01 AM »
Wrong thread
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5327 on: October 21, 2023, 09:15:36 AM »

Whats wrong Drop Out Ron? Can't take the winning anymore? :trumps
🤴

Occam

« Reply #5328 on: October 25, 2023, 09:10:53 PM »
Democracy abolished in North Carolina:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/25/north-carolina-redistricting-map-passed-republicans/

“They’ve taken essentially a 50-50 state and drawn a map where 80 percent of voters will have a Republican member of Congress,”
As a reader points out
As of October 29th, 2022, North Carolina had about 7.4 million registered voters. Specifically:

2,495,097 or 34% were registered Democrat;
    2,637,581 or 36% were registered Unaffiliated;
    2,221,179 or 30% were registered Republican;
North Carolina’s 14 congressional seats are evenly split between Democrats and Republicans after a temporary map was created following the top court’s decision to throw out a Republican-proposed map. The new map would probably flip at least three of those seats to the GOP, which could also help give them control in a U.S. House where Republicans hold a narrow 221-212 majority.

Because of a recently passed budget resolution, communications about the redistricting process among state lawmakers are not subject to freedom of information requests, making it more difficult for the public to know what was considered with the maps. Legislators can destroy their communications concerning the map’s design when they see fit.
[...]
In 2022, when the state Supreme Court threw out Republicans’ proposed map, those communications proved relevant in the legal challenges to showing that, according to the court, the new borders were illegal partisan gerrymanders.

The redistricting is also likely to help Republicans’ attempts to keep the seat of Rep. Tricia Cotham, who switched from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party in April, giving the GOP a razor-thin supermajority.

“It is clear as day,” Klein [Southern Coalition for Social Justice] said. “Anybody who knows anything about North Carolina knows the Senate map is going to deprive North Carolina’s Black Belt of any representation.”

Thanks to the redistricting, Republicans will most likely have veto-proof majorities in both chambers in the future.

Paul Shumaker, a senior Republican consultant in North Carolina: “Elections have consequences.” (he is of course referring to the 2022 election, as future elections won't have consequences in NC.)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5329 on: October 27, 2023, 09:57:48 AM »
They say this every time with such commanding leads and advantages but then Trump starts a war with the RINOs, some are arrested for being corrupt and one is found with a dead prostitute in the trunk.
I wouldn't worry about North Caroline, they'll probably fuck it up one way or another.

The GOP civil war will probably cost them Florida in the future.  :doge
🤴

Occam

« Reply #5330 on: October 29, 2023, 10:39:55 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #5331 on: October 30, 2023, 01:38:34 AM »
Democracy abolished in North Carolina:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/25/north-carolina-redistricting-map-passed-republicans/

“They’ve taken essentially a 50-50 state and drawn a map where 80 percent of voters will have a Republican member of Congress,”
As a reader points out
As of October 29th, 2022, North Carolina had about 7.4 million registered voters. Specifically:

2,495,097 or 34% were registered Democrat;
    2,637,581 or 36% were registered Unaffiliated;
    2,221,179 or 30% were registered Republican;
Draw us a map that would maintain democracy, Occam. :society

It's important we know how many seats a party should receive regardless of election results when we write the law or this abolishment of democracy will keep happening as it has in every single cycle. :rollsafe
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 06:55:48 AM by benjipwns »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5332 on: October 30, 2023, 02:39:04 AM »
just draw a map that makes it so the people I personally choose will win and that's a perfect democracy  :pimp

benjipwns

« Reply #5333 on: October 30, 2023, 03:18:51 AM »
just draw a map that makes it so the people I personally choose will win and that's a perfect democracy  :pimp
Just dissolve the people and elect another. :trumps

« Reply #5334 on: October 31, 2023, 03:48:40 AM »

tell what to new york city?

the idea of "securing" the southern border is just another dumb wedge issue. it goes no where.

people look at a map and think it's some simple task. likely it would cost more to do than whatever it is you think you'd be getting out of it.

It's not an easy task. But borders can be enforced, and it doesn't require wall building.

What border enforcement will accomplish is widespread change in the countries using America as a safety valve. And it will, bare minimum, lessen the exploitation of a powerless, migratory work force, as well as alleviate the economic and social burden unchecked illegal immigration has on American cities -- as in New York.

"It's hard!" isn't a good excuse. Stuff that's worthwhile is difficult and costly.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5335 on: October 31, 2023, 03:49:14 PM »
Migration is as much supply as it is demand.

Unfortunately the left thinks fugies all are sad and give them support, free money and open borders creating endless supply  :doggy

While the right likes to save some money on labour costs creating endless demand :money

In the middle are the human traffickers and drug dealers who quickly discover that scaring people into fleeing is good business, saves bullets and problems with the police :success

Finally there is the government of the country of origin taking their share of the profits as well as reducing the strain on their own welfare, police and prison systems  :maduro
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5337 on: November 07, 2023, 11:02:27 PM »
Another election night of republicans getting decimated across the country.  :doge

-Dems hold the senate, win the house in Virginia despite it be the epicenter of the trans/gay school and library battles.
-Dem governor re-elected in Kentucky
-Abortion rights added to Ohio constitution by commanding fashion
-Dems hold 5-2 majority on PA Supreme Court
-Dems flipping multiple Trump districts in NJ
 :doge :doge :doge

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #5338 on: November 09, 2023, 05:38:43 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot