Author Topic: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)  (Read 2472909 times)

Tieno

• Iconz
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #38520 on: December 20, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »
50$ far a gaf account? Smh like Michael J Fox
i

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #38521 on: December 20, 2009, 04:13:12 PM »
50$ far a gaf account? Smh like Michael J Fox

People have bought off me. Desperation is easy money
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
nat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #38523 on: December 20, 2009, 07:40:36 PM »
[youtube=560,345]F-qaMXZ_l70[/youtube]

smh, Japan
dog

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #38524 on: December 20, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382780

I used to be interested in the games/art thing, but every discussion I've ever seen on it in the past 5 years is always the same.  these threads now make me wanna shoot myself.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #38525 on: December 20, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382800

new voting system sucks.

was just coming here to post this, its terrible. not even going to bother voting because it's pointless
itm

archie4208

« Reply #38526 on: December 20, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »

I used to be interested in the games/art thing, but every discussion I've ever seen on it in the past 5 years is always the same.  these threads now make me wanna shoot myself.

The whole "games are art" thing is nothing but rabble by manchildren who are trying to validate their hobby.  I know that videogames are just mindless diversions and I don't have a problem with that.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #38527 on: December 20, 2009, 08:15:50 PM »

The whole "games are art" thing is nothing but rabble by manchildren who are trying to validate their hobby.  I know that videogames are just mindless diversions and I don't have a problem with that.

I don't agree with that at all, it's just the flow of the industry that makes them "mindless diversions."
püp

« Reply #38528 on: December 20, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
Did FFXIII sales data come out or something? GAF appears to fucked by the 500 Internal Error monster again.
野球

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #38529 on: December 20, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »
gaf really has a shitty server. I've never had so many 500 errors like this year.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38530 on: December 20, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »

new voting system sucks.

was just coming here to post this, its terrible. not even going to bother voting because it's pointless

It seems like it punishes people for having more than 2 games on their list, which is just stupid.
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #38531 on: December 20, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »
It's just stupid. Nothing was going to beat Uncharted 2 anyway.
itm

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #38532 on: December 20, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »
Why shouldn't the best game win though? U2 is going to win anyways.
USA

treythemovie

« Reply #38533 on: December 20, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »
It seems like it punishes people for having more than 2 games on their list, which is just stupid.
In some cases that voting system would even punish people for having more than 1 game in their list. Its really only good for determining 1 winner by majority and even then there exists many far better alternative systems.

Since gaf's goal is to form some kind of top 10, the system really should stay as a preferential ranking list (though it really should be increased from just a "vote for your top 10" considering the huge number of contestants). The old system has its own flaws but considering that its just a pointless video game goty vote, its still the best system for gaf thanks to its simplicity.

Why shouldn't the best game win though? U2 is going to win anyways.
See thats just it though. That new system would only tell use what the single "best game" is, and since everyone with a brain knows that it'll be uncharated 2, there is no point in even bothering to vote at all

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #38534 on: December 20, 2009, 08:57:40 PM »
Killzone 2? Really? That game isn't even in my top 20.

-edit

My votes in that thread were:

Uncharted 2 - 3
Demon's Souls - 2
NSMBwii - 2
Infamous - 1
Flower - 1
Batman Arkham Asylum - 1

I see the thread is locked now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:59:24 PM by Third »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #38535 on: December 20, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »
What game does everyone think should be below Uncharted 2 though? I think Killzone 2 has as much of a right to be there as NSMB and ODST does.
USA

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #38536 on: December 20, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »
I see the thread is locked now.

lol what happened? he didn't consult the mods or Anihawk?

a lot of whining happened. people were not pleased with the voting system

anihawk didn't want to do the thread this year. he gave "the rights" to this new dude.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #38537 on: December 20, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
He changed his mind about the point system.

If I was the old Methodis of last week I would say "looks like the xbot army got to him  ::)" but since I am a changed poster I realize that the system was broken.

Here's my votes:

UFC unleashed: 1
Infamous: 5
Beatles RB: 3
GH: Metallica: 1
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #38538 on: December 20, 2009, 09:44:16 PM »
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=382806

If you needed anymore proof that GAF has some of the worst taste in music. Wonderfull Christmastime <3

:heartbeat Paul McCartney :heartbeat
USA

treythemovie

« Reply #38539 on: December 20, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382814

uh, does the op realize that lowering it to 3 points doesn't actually fix anything? It'll just make the count difference less extreme but the results will all be the same....

(and man, from what I've counted in the orignal thread, the results are embarrasing)

cool breeze

« Reply #38540 on: December 20, 2009, 09:59:25 PM »
System is confusing as hell.  I just wanted to vote for Assassin's Creed 2 and Infamous, but I had five more vote points or w/e and just voted for games that wouldn't get as many votes.

I'm don't know if I should edit out Torchlight for Demon's Soul now.  Both are not too popular but popular enough to have some crazy fans.  I was also trying to think of a 360 only game to throw in there, but all I could think of was Shadow Complex.  I may edit that in.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:04:36 PM by swaggaz »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #38541 on: December 20, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »

new voting system sucks.

Overly complicated and dumb system but not like it matters. The GAF GOTY voting is colored by the fanboy nature of the forum where any system exclusive essentially gets boosted because of all the fanboys.

Killzone 2 and maybe even ODST will be crazy high for example relative to what they are I'm guessing when its all said and done.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #38542 on: December 20, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »
[youtube=560,345]5YY2fs4mcZI[/youtube]
sup

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #38543 on: December 20, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »
hahahaha that is so awesome
duc

cool breeze

« Reply #38544 on: December 20, 2009, 10:31:06 PM »
how precious!

treythemovie

« Reply #38545 on: December 20, 2009, 10:46:03 PM »
Overly complicated and dumb system but not like it matters. The GAF GOTY voting is colored by the fanboy nature of the forum where any system exclusive essentially gets boosted because of all the fanboys.

Killzone 2 and maybe even ODST will be crazy high for example relative to what they are I'm guessing when its all said and done.
Well, here is what GAF's Top 10 was when the original thread got locked:

1.) Uncharted 2 -- 475 points
2.) Batman -- 176 points
3.) Killzone 2 -- 101 points
4.) Demon's Souls -- 98 points
5.) Street Fighter IV -- 82 points
6.) Dragon Age: Origins -- 79 points
7.) Infamous -- 78 points
8.) Assassin's Creed -- 74 points
9.) New Super Mario Bros -- 73 points
10.) Modern Warfare II -- 54 points

To compare, Halo ODST was at 9 points.

Since the op didn't change anything really but lowering the limit to 3, the results are likely to be similar when all is said and done. And so far the new thread is following that pattern.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #38546 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:52 PM »

Well, here is what GAF's Top 10 was when the original thread got locked:

1.) Uncharted 2 -- 475 points
2.) Batman -- 176 points
3.) Killzone 2 -- 101 points
4.) Demon's Souls -- 98 points
5.) Street Fighter IV -- 82 points
6.) Dragon Age: Origins -- 79 points
7.) Infamous -- 78 points
8.) Assassin's Creed -- 74 points
9.) New Super Mario Bros -- 73 points
10.) Modern Warfare II -- 54 points

To compare, Halo ODST was at 9 points.

Since the op didn't change anything really but lowering the limit to 3, the results are likely to be similar when all is said and done. And so far the new thread is following that pattern.

Headline:

Xbots annihilation. Sony Fanboys carry the day.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #38547 on: December 20, 2009, 10:54:50 PM »
Only one Wii Game? It is slim pickings though :teehee
:9

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #38548 on: December 20, 2009, 10:57:14 PM »
man, those dudes in the OT at GAF are brutal when you post an old link
sup

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #38549 on: December 20, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
Only one Wii Game? It is slim pickings though :teehee

:smug
(|)

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #38550 on: December 20, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »
Metroid Prime Trilogy is the Wii GOTY
nat

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #38551 on: December 20, 2009, 11:36:20 PM »

That's sad.
Drunk

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #38552 on: December 21, 2009, 01:20:02 AM »

To be fair, no one gave excitebots or punch-out their dues.
sad

« Reply #38553 on: December 21, 2009, 02:24:17 AM »
Bwahahahaha

Edit: Holy fuck this is from AP and not the Onion?!

A 4 year y/o "started drinking and getting into trouble" because he wanted to be with daddy in jail? WAT?
The mom probably stole the gifts, drugged her kid and set him as a decoy.

We actually had kids at the elementary school I worked at do things to get arrested so they could see mom or dad in jail. Sad but true.
野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #38554 on: December 21, 2009, 04:33:06 AM »
[youtube=560,345]S_Fw2y2S6Ew[/youtube]
lol I remember seeing these on vhs  :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #38555 on: December 21, 2009, 08:07:10 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18824138&postcount=28943

Not this guy again

I remember when he first posted a picture of his sister. PD asked him if his sister was distinguished mentally-challenged, due to her large flat tongue (which is supposedly indicative of mental distinguished mentally-challenged) :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #38556 on: December 21, 2009, 08:20:53 AM »
There's seems to be some weirdness going on in general. He's very... comfortable with his sister (how his posts read when he's talking about her). But whooo knoooows. Lets refer these questions to BrandNew :teehee

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #38557 on: December 21, 2009, 08:57:05 AM »
Mr. Being On The Halo 3 Bus Was the Greatest Day Of My Life?

We just PM people on GAF. Like I did with you. It's up to him, obviously.

Edit: Oh wait, you PMed me.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:58:47 AM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #38558 on: December 21, 2009, 09:07:03 AM »
Somebody post pics of that giant-boobed 11-yr old Azn girl here :fap :fap :fap

How bout' a giant tittied Russian?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #38559 on: December 21, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »
I posted the very first GAF GOTY thread.  Of course Anihawk has totally fucked with the initial format that I had expertly designed.  Metroid Prime won that year.  

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #38560 on: December 21, 2009, 09:20:41 AM »
Somebody post pics of that giant-boobed 11-yr old Azn girl here :fap :fap :fap

How bout' a giant tittied Russian?

[close]

She's 11? :o :o :o

:drool :drool :drool

:shh

She's in her twenties I believe but has that mousy small woman look
[close]

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #38561 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25:17 AM »
Take credit where credit is due, Cajole.

It's your fault I'm here.

Noooooooooo

lennedsay evens it out

I really do think you've been a good addition.
[close]
AMC

Diunx

« Reply #38562 on: December 21, 2009, 09:42:01 AM »
Kinda an odd picture to take with your sister...

Wait, and she's 13? I uh....

That guy's sister :drool :drool :drool
Drunk

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #38563 on: December 21, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »
dudes got pretty eyes. sister is hot too.
nat

Diunx

« Reply #38564 on: December 21, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »
He is not fucking her, I know people that act like that with their little sisters, its weird and people always makes fun of them but sadly there's never any hot incest happening.

And damn that 13 year old looks more mature than my last gf :drool
Drunk

Robo

« Reply #38565 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
Waiting for BrandNew to weigh in on the subject.
obo

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #38566 on: December 21, 2009, 10:27:27 AM »
sick dudes. who the fuck fucks their own sister??

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #38567 on: December 21, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
sick dudes. who the fuck fucks their own sister??

An opportunist! :tophat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #38568 on: December 21, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »
a hole's a hole
nat

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #38569 on: December 21, 2009, 10:43:13 AM »
I'd rather cut my dick off than fuck my own sister.  :-\

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #38570 on: December 21, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
I'd rather cut my dick off than fuck my own sister.  :-\

so your sister is ugly?
nat

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #38571 on: December 21, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »
absolutely hideous. but still looks better than natalie portman.

my sis is pretty hot. even if I say so.
[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #38572 on: December 21, 2009, 12:10:01 PM »
[youtube=560,345]EqplI66cHsI[/youtube]
 :'(  :american

amazing

Bacchus7

« Reply #38573 on: December 21, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
Awwwww, that's so awesome!
DTF

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #38574 on: December 21, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »
The girl @ 1:19 would be pretty good looking if she grew some hair.

And I would be scared of that dog. Looks so creepy.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:21:48 PM by Third »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #38575 on: December 21, 2009, 12:21:24 PM »
Why would you want the biggest xbot to post here ever? Ghaleon is a waste of MB, moreso than me.
USA

Stoney Mason

« Reply #38576 on: December 21, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
Ancient in internet years but there is something about a monkey wanting to be scratched that says more about evolution than 1000 lectures could.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #38577 on: December 21, 2009, 01:34:03 PM »
Saw this infomercial a couple of days ago. Was blown away

[youtube=560,345]1aUFZL9R04Y[/youtube]

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #38578 on: December 21, 2009, 01:45:51 PM »
Most troubling of all is that regular squats are defined by the infomercial as being "too hard and too painful." WTF happened to "no pain, no gain?"

Diunx

« Reply #38579 on: December 21, 2009, 04:16:57 PM »
A friend of mine just discovered /b/ he keep sending me pics all day  :-\

lulz
[close]
Drunk