Author Topic: star trek  (Read 334611 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: star trek
« Reply #2400 on: January 23, 2020, 10:16:59 PM »
wow. i wasn't really sure what i expected out of this show, but that really was an excellent start and feels like the old trek i loved. a troubled picard who feels betrayed by starfleet but is still ultimately hopeful is really on point, and he still can give excellent speeches. perfect little bit of action, some great callbacks with the mentions of B4, the end of nemesis, and maddox among other things (seeing the enterprise for just a moment was perfect). plus my expectations were subverted (:doge) a bit as well

hell of a cliffhanger at the end and that teaser really has me ready for more. really happy to have star trek back again.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2401 on: January 24, 2020, 04:00:02 AM »
Picard isnt working for me, but i've decided to give it 3 eps.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2402 on: January 24, 2020, 08:38:27 AM »
maybe its just because i'm comparing it to dsc season 1 and the first two neo-trek movies, but picard really does feel like a huge step up. just the scene with the reporter that caught us up on current events while also showing that picard is still the thoughtful and caring starship captain we remember (even if starfleet has changed) was enough to sell me on the show.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:42:11 AM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2403 on: January 24, 2020, 11:41:49 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2404 on: January 24, 2020, 06:34:08 PM »
you're telling me these people got in a gunfight on top of the starfleet archives and nobody noticed?

Jean Luc woke up at home. Sorry Starfleet wasn't there within 10 seconds and they didn't show the transport?

Baffling complaint.

Spoilers much?

There are transporter methods that are not commonly scanned for, and can even work through shields. Or it may be temporal. Who knows?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2405 on: January 24, 2020, 07:08:55 PM »
I wish they'd spent some of their budget deaging data for that opening sequence, or at least smeared vaseline all over the camera like they did for city on the edge of forever for joan collins in TOS to cover up the fact the actor is way fucking older than the character they're now portraying

Himu

« Reply #2406 on: January 24, 2020, 08:23:37 PM »
you're telling me these people got in a gunfight on top of the starfleet archives and nobody noticed?

Jean Luc woke up at home. Sorry Starfleet wasn't there within 10 seconds and they didn't show the transport?

Baffling complaint.

Spoilers much?

There are transporter methods that are not commonly scanned for, and can even work through shields. Or it may be temporal. Who knows?

The original quote was a spoiler then, no? Sorry but that kind of comes with the territory. 
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2407 on: January 24, 2020, 08:35:18 PM »
I imagine the production knew Season 7 was the last of Voyager, there's a commendable effort to wrap things up. There's also a very apparent theme about holographic people running through several of the episodes. Feel like a less interesting retread of the Data/Androids one they had in TNG but at least they're trying. Somehow feels like Voyager should have done that all along instead of stop-n-go a bunch of arcs they kept aborting because they didn't want to commit.

Episode "Repentance" is borderline :gamergate with how it treats disproportionate incarceration of minorities.
Tom Paris asserting dat privilege "well, maybe they commit more crimes ?"
:trumps
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2408 on: January 24, 2020, 09:19:49 PM »
I imagine the production knew Season 7 was the last of Voyager, there's a commendable effort to wrap things up. There's also a very apparent theme about holographic people running through several of the episodes. Feel like a less interesting retread of the Data/Androids one they had in TNG but at least they're trying. Somehow feels like Voyager should have done that all along instead of stop-n-go a bunch of arcs they kept aborting because they didn't want to commit.

the problem with going too far down the lines of holographic people are actually real people if you leave the holodeck on long enough - which as a one off aberration with the doctor works if you don't think about it too much - is you're then basically saying the entire fucking federation are raping and murdering potentially sentient lifeforms in their millions on a fucking daily basis literally for shits and giggles.

which kinda undercuts that whole utopian future ideals thing.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2409 on: January 25, 2020, 12:03:49 AM »
I finally got around to finishing s2 of Discovery.

As much as I enjoyed the first season and the Terran Empire stuff, I really found it to be a chore trying to slog through the back half of s2 Discovery.

In contrast, I found myself picking Picard apart for logic errors, but otherwise enjoying it. Nice to see Scott Pilgrim's drummer doing some Trek, too.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2410 on: January 25, 2020, 01:18:24 PM »

the problem with going too far down the lines of holographic people are actually real people if you leave the holodeck on long enough - which as a one off aberration with the doctor works if you don't think about it too much - is you're then basically saying the entire fucking federation are raping and murdering potentially sentient lifeforms in their millions on a fucking daily basis literally for shits and giggles.

which kinda undercuts that whole utopian future ideals thing.

I don't think it's an issue, "Starfleet as an utopia" has already lost a lot of shine through TNG to VOY. Holograms aren't that widespread yet apparently (the episode featuring the creator of holographic doctor says... 600 or so for the Mark 1 ? IIRC...) and it's only been 7 years. A legal and ethics gap is not inconceivable.

Though there's also the Moriarty precedent. But well the TNG crew wasn't particularly considerate despite acknowledging sentience.
ὕβρις

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2411 on: January 25, 2020, 01:27:28 PM »
Basically it took Data to ether Picard to get him to stick up for him and his sentience.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The luster of Starfleet is kinda only there on the Enterprise or other MC ships it's always some other ships Captain/Officer/Admiralty/StrarFleet Command doing sketchy ass shit.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:31:52 AM by D3RANG3D »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2412 on: January 25, 2020, 01:40:10 PM »
fucking holodeck sluts  :aah
What

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2413 on: January 25, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »
I'd buy that for a slip of latinum.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2414 on: January 25, 2020, 01:55:36 PM »
I don't think the show actively undermines the Federation's image as a more progressive place, there's always plausible deniability for the most dubious stuff (the closest is perhaps Sisko's direct superior that is mostly painted as a decent guy admitting he's in cahoots with Section 31 when they gaslight the Romulan senate committee), though TNG and DS9 especially suggest there's a systemic problem with the Academy culture and the "elite" cadets. The modern shows all acknowledge that the Federation is political and faillible and that principles can't be inflexible especially when dealing with diplomacy, but it never deviates from the fact it wiped out poverty, work alienation, etc...
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2415 on: January 25, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »
I don't think it's an issue, "Starfleet as an utopia" has already lost a lot of shine through TNG to VOY. Holograms aren't that widespread yet apparently (the episode featuring the creator of holographic doctor says... 600 or so for the Mark 1 ? IIRC...) and it's only been 7 years. A legal and ethics gap is not inconceivable.

Though there's also the Moriarty precedent. But well the TNG crew wasn't particularly considerate despite acknowledging sentience.

there was also that jazz woman riker fell for, and you had vic fontaine straight up comming senior staff going "hey pally, come get your boy nog" by the end of DS9.

While TNG showed some holos gaining sentience as freak occurrences, voyager pretty much implied it was inevitable if you just didn't turn them off, which is something you'd assume would get caught in QA.
sloppy writing aside, if you have always-eventually-sentient beings whose role in life is always going to be to get fucked (one way or another) and star fleet just don't give a fuck... thats, uh.... yeah.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2416 on: January 25, 2020, 03:18:58 PM »
Vic Fontaine might actually be more recent than the HMU (though obviously the HMU is in the Delta Quadrant and word of him didn't reach Starfleet immediately), Voyager overlaps the second half of DS9 ?

But yeah the writing is a bit loose, it's back to the whole Data has-no-feelings-even-if-he-obviously-does and is-unique-but-not-really. It's somewhat implied the Doctor's situation is because he's on all the time and has vast amount of computer memory and power to continuously expand but he's pretty much sentient from the get go and so is the HMU Mk.II on that Voltron ship... Or the other HMU on the Equinox. By the end of S7 you have several photonic insurgencies and it seems it's just a matter of overriding a couple of safeties in the programming to create a person out of any sufficiently sophisticated hologram which start to strain the idea no one in the Alpha Quadrant encountered this outside of flagships despite heavy holo-use.
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2417 on: January 25, 2020, 04:24:10 PM »
Watched first ep of Picard with my trekkie mate. I enjoyed Discovery, but this is way more my style. Very keen for more episodes.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2418 on: January 25, 2020, 04:56:27 PM »
Voyager gets trapped in another void ?

:cmonson
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #2419 on: January 25, 2020, 05:06:42 PM »
Really like this review and enjoying the good press and reviews for the show. Most Trek fans seem to be on board. This is the first time I've seen Trekkies united on something since...*thinks*

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/star-trek-picard-review?fbclid=IwAR04BeasePpiCUknT5fb3jsldhbbgKZpUlylvNLkyssi_QRPMRcrjKxG5KU
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2420 on: January 25, 2020, 06:11:01 PM »
I like the Voyager episode where they get trapped inside this big space creature, where it slowly eats their crew alive by feeding on their energy or something, while showing them that they are actually on their way home

What

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2421 on: January 25, 2020, 06:26:46 PM »
Voyager : Workforce is kinda cool and a fresh premise.
I guess Naomi Wildman was put to work into the salt mines offscreen.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2422 on: January 25, 2020, 07:05:24 PM »
Jeri Ryan looks good in that Starfleet uniform (DUH). I'm not gonna relitigate the issue of fan service but it's been a while I found a little weird there's no actual blue shirt science officer among the main cast besides the Doctor. I know Janeway is supposed to have been one and Seven (& Kes) is basically fulfilling those duties, so I'm just hung up on the uniform and it's dumb.

Seven holofantasies with Chakotay :donot
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2423 on: January 25, 2020, 09:51:07 PM »
I hadn't seen the Photons, Be Free episode yet when discussing holograms and was unaware they had the judicial ruling again. You'd imagine someone would have loved invoked the Data precedent  :brain
ὕβρις

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2424 on: January 26, 2020, 09:52:30 PM »

:rejoice

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2425 on: January 27, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2426 on: January 27, 2020, 04:36:53 PM »

:rejoice

Lemme guess they don't like it and it's beep beep boop consume corporate product bad  :snore
dog

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2427 on: January 27, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
Well I watched it.

I liked it.

Yeah there’s some nu-Trek action in the mix, but the story they seem to be telling so far is one that would make sense for Picard to pursue, and it’s nice to see a new Trek show mirroring the “social consciousness” and dilemmas of current times.  (I haven’t watched Discovery so maybe that does it too?)

Based on this first episode, I’ll give the full season a watch.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2428 on: January 27, 2020, 04:51:38 PM »
The RLM video is very cranky old men yelling at clouds though they play it up for comedic effect (I thought the bit with Jay was hilarious even if very partisan).

As said in the RLM thread I don't think their demonstration in support of their point about Picard not being especially close to Data is very convincing, the examples they use are extreme cherry picking. Picard being all duty all the time to a fault is his whole TNG schtick or character arc. It's true that Picard is not Data's best friend but from his pleading in Measure of a Man it's obvious he has some passion about the matter of Data's humanity.

That rooftop action scene looks :hhh and  :snore and the whole Fox interview of Picard seems painfully on the nose. It's a fine line separating being a witness and commentator of its time & just being tacky, stale and dated. But I would need to see the episode / series to really opine on that I guess.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:10:29 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2429 on: January 27, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »
Voyager : Endgame is fucking lame. BOO. BOO.

That Enterprise intro :donot
Future rednecks with future Remington shotguns  :existential

Edit : Is Archer Country Music MAGA Captain ?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:52:15 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2430 on: January 27, 2020, 06:55:34 PM »
Voyager : Endgame is fucking lame. BOO. BOO.

Admiral Janeway: Fuck you Captain Kim, imma go back in time and keep you ensign forever

Himu

« Reply #2431 on: January 27, 2020, 08:28:33 PM »
Calling ep 1 of Picard an action fest makes no sense to me.

It's like the guys are bitching to bitch. I really disagree with them
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #2432 on: January 27, 2020, 09:09:12 PM »
RedLetterMedia have been wrong quite a bit lately. For instance, they thought Overlord was great (it's trash), they thought The Mandalorian was good (it was boring), they thought Tron was a difficult movie to follow and nobody could possibly like it, and last but not least, they thought Terminator Dark Fate was the best sequel to the franchise since Terminator 2 (the Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show and Terminator Salvation were). They also went way too easy on Rise of Skywalker.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:15:55 PM by Occam »

Himu

« Reply #2433 on: January 27, 2020, 10:25:46 PM »
Haven't watched the full video yet but have they acknowledged that so far at least they're in the minority and that many (most)  Trekkies that are critical of Disco and JJ Trek loved the first episode? The reception is almost universal praise and it's the first time in decades I've seen Trekkies united about something.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2434 on: January 28, 2020, 03:21:04 AM »
Future rednecks with future Remington shotguns 
I actually disliked that they already had handheld "phase pistols" at the start. I know lots of people had a similar response at the time as you did to that, but to me it's like we have been using our basic projectile guns for 400 years ourselves. This is only 150 years in the future.

The phase cannons are clearly "new" and "untested" and blatantly not phasers. And have all kinds of issues. You'd think that it'd be harder to scale them down to handheld weapons rather than the other way.

I did like how the torpedoes are just like a space version of our torpedoes and don't have the magic explosions of the photon ones yet.  I actually think more of the weapons in Trek in general could be projectile based, even into the DS9 era one of the other races should use them in some way. Warp torpedoes seems like it should be a thing. Physically smash through your hull and then use a failed warp reaction to really fuck things up. Could be where you put the bad warpcores to increase yields.

benjipwns

« Reply #2435 on: January 28, 2020, 04:05:19 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2436 on: January 28, 2020, 06:41:32 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2437 on: January 28, 2020, 06:42:10 AM »
Haven't watched the full video yet but have they acknowledged that so far at least they're in the minority and that many (most)  Trekkies that are critical of Disco and JJ Trek loved the first episode? The reception is almost universal praise and it's the first time in decades I've seen Trekkies united about something.

Not really, and I think this is one of their worst reviews. Still had a good laugh though
What

Coffee Dog

« Reply #2438 on: January 28, 2020, 06:44:02 AM »

I really don't care how universally praised a fucking Romulan built Borg Cube is.  :lol this shit is goofy on its face.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2439 on: January 28, 2020, 06:47:35 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #2440 on: January 28, 2020, 06:54:10 AM »
It's hard to top the "I ride off... on the grass" part but the "they've turned lesbian" "yeah because they've been in the camp for so long" exchange is great because it's like he's so clearly thought out the logic and lore of this world.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2441 on: January 28, 2020, 07:10:11 AM »

Bbc has blocked that clip in my country, well fine you british cunts fuck off then
What

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2442 on: January 28, 2020, 07:26:23 AM »
Future rednecks with future Remington shotguns 
I actually disliked that they already had handheld "phase pistols" at the start. I know lots of people had a similar response at the time as you did to that, but to me it's like we have been using our basic projectile guns for 400 years ourselves. This is only 150 years in the future.

I'm not gonna create a YouTube channel to upload 45mn long videos of my bitter and jaded re:views alongside my alcoholic / diabetic friend (I'm not sure which I'd rather be) about it, it's a very minor detail and the Enterprise intro is obviously trying to blindside the viewer. To be honest, future shotgun is no more visually silly than some of those phaser rifles design(s) they had, especially on Voyager. I agree that the series sorta shot its whole load early in paying off the obvious expectations (hey guys, remember TELEPORTATION, TORPEDOS and SET TO STUN ?), or it feels this way.

I'm a bit torn : I kinda like the more archaic, army submarine style but it's also so bloody grey and expected. I must say however than jumping from Voyager : Endgame to Enterprise was massively refreshing. Except for the opening music, made me want to barf.

I'm still reeling from how bad Voyager : Endgame was. Time Travel Ex Machina shit + not so great premise and story + old people make up + cramming so much extraneous details while the main plot is already suffocating from the lack of any scope... And not having even a decent payoff at the end (I dunno, show Earth from space as the credit rolls. ANYTHING) is the killing blow. I thought they made a decent job of wrapping things up and overall direction for the final season up to that point too.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2443 on: January 28, 2020, 07:32:48 AM »
Janeway deffo the sort of person to complain about the lack of difficulty options in Sekiro.
ὕβρις

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2444 on: January 28, 2020, 01:51:15 PM »
So I watched the first episode of Picard...

Positive aspects

The old timey music at the start of the show.
[close]

Negative aspects

The opening sequence.  :yuck
[close]

Data's makeup looked like shite in the first dream sequence, though looked much better in the second dream sequence Data painted Daj somehow was.  :doge
[close]

I got excited because of Picard/Data wearing the TNG uniforms but was appalled by the collar redesign
[close]

The overly human acting Romulans (Romulans have two modes a superiority complex and a calm yet seething anger).
[close]

While the show looks impressive from a technical standpoint, it looks ugly i don't know how else to put it.
[close]

The present day politics are going to age like stale ass and hot dog water.
[close]

The Borg cube fly by shit was totally Death Star/Tie Fighers lol the Romulan tech in this show looks like garbage.
[close]

The episode feels cobbled together.
[close]

The neckbeard Romulan in the season preview totally :trigger me.
[close]

4/10

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:45:52 PM by D3RANG3D »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2445 on: January 28, 2020, 04:46:47 PM »
One last thing about the end of Voyager

Being vaguely familiar with some of the plot points ahead, I kept expecting an episode about Tuvok entering early Vulcan senility at some point in S7. Didn't realize it was a C-plot crammed into the last episode.
[close]

That ending note is really sour. Overall I'll probably remember Voyager as one long blur of mediocrity. Ultimately the show failed at conveying the feeling that they were really stranded and isolated. Minus the maintenance at star bases, it didn't look very different than Enterprise 5 year mission. I wasn't convinced at first but it's really a lesser version of TNG with a much lesser cast of characters.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2446 on: January 28, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »
Edit : Is Archer Country Music MAGA Captain ?

Archer being a W.Bush expy seem to be a well worn point of Star Trek punditry.
ὕβρις

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2447 on: January 28, 2020, 06:10:18 PM »

Being vaguely familiar with some of the plot points ahead, I kept expecting an episode about Tuvok entering early Vulcan senility at some point in S7. Didn't realize it was a C-plot crammed into the last episode.
[close]

That ending note is really sour. Overall I'll probably remember Voyager as one long blur of mediocrity. Ultimately the show failed at conveying the feeling that they were really stranded and isolated. Minus the maintenance at star bases, it didn't look very different than Enterprise 5 year mission. I wasn't convinced at first but it's really a lesser version of TNG with a much lesser cast of characters.
If you haven’t seen it, maybe give Stargate Universe a try.  Despite some really dumb first season drama, I feel like they managed to sell the “stranded and isolated in space” vibe a whole lot better, even with the power creep that had occurred in the series by then.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2448 on: January 28, 2020, 06:48:53 PM »

[close]

If you haven’t seen it, maybe give Stargate Universe a try.  Despite some really dumb first season drama, I feel like they managed to sell the “stranded and isolated in space” vibe a whole lot better, even with the power creep that had occurred in the series by then.

I'll take a look if it is on Netflix over here, maybe take a look at it. I've seen my fair share of SG1 and it's always been a somewhat decent show.

Man, Enterprise Engineer-Man and Tactics-Man are really cracker overload. :lol They blend quite a bit.
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2449 on: January 28, 2020, 11:23:45 PM »
Phlox :jeb

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2450 on: January 28, 2020, 11:38:50 PM »
Shran :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #2451 on: January 28, 2020, 11:40:37 PM »
T'Pol is the hottest Star Trek actress next to Troi and I desperately want to eat her Vulcan pussy.
IYKYK

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2452 on: January 29, 2020, 01:57:55 PM »

All I remember about SG:U was how, uh, "inspired" by the BSG reboot it was, right down to Captain Not-Adama having the same beef with Robert Carlyle as Adama had with Baltar in BSG, to the point he leaves him to fucking die on an uninhabited planet.
Except Baltar was responsible for the death of most of the human race in BSG, and robert Carlyle saved the earth and all their fucking lives, so didn't really have a strong justification for why he was suddenly treated by shit by everyone like he was the one who'd tried to kill them all

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2453 on: January 29, 2020, 02:38:16 PM »
I’ve only just started watching BSG, so luckily I didn’t have that to color anything there.  I really like the actors playing Young and Rush, though, so I had that to help me through some of the dumb stuff.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2454 on: January 29, 2020, 02:51:57 PM »

Bbc has blocked that clip in my country, well fine you british cunts fuck off then

BREXIT NOW BREXIT NOW
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2455 on: January 29, 2020, 03:00:24 PM »
I’ve only just started watching BSG, so luckily I didn’t have that to color anything there.  I really like the actors playing Young and Rush, though, so I had that to help me through some of the dumb stuff.

Robert Carlyle (Rush) is always watchable, even in utter shit like Once Upon A Time.
I seem to recall being pretty disapointed all in all with SG:U, and it suddenly making not-Jonah-hill the focus towards its tailspin into cancellation

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2456 on: January 30, 2020, 05:01:25 AM »
Watched the second episode of Picard much better than the first, the neckbeard Romulan though. :trigger

Mohawk Romulan :trigger :trigger :trigger
[close]

I also had my suspicions validated when I thought to myself that his servants are glow in the darks. :lol
[close]

Cussing  :hhh
[close]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 01:59:56 PM by D3RANG3D »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2457 on: January 30, 2020, 05:26:25 AM »
T'Pol is the hottest Star Trek actress next to Troi and I desperately want to eat her Vulcan pussy.
only when she's brown, she's a weird looking white woman :fbm

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2458 on: January 30, 2020, 07:42:54 AM »
I kinda like Enterprise (not yet Star Trek colon) actually ? The simplicity of it is a huge palette cleanser. Technobabble never bothered me in the moment but the contrast from coming directly from Voyager really make me feel in retrospect how the stories abused it. I'm sure I'll get mad at the Temporal Cold War thing already though.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:03:15 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2459 on: January 30, 2020, 08:08:57 AM »
A lot of the Enterprise backlash was it being four years after Voyager stopping (so people were really wanting another Trek show), not continuing the timeline but going back to the start, and having Bakula on the show. Plus the theme song, which is pretty good in hindsight. I liked the show a lot more when I rewatched it a decade or so later without the baggage of expecting things from the show that it wasn't going to do.