« Reply #1622 on: June 02, 2012, 12:50:32 AM »
you scurred
萌え~

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #1623 on: June 02, 2012, 12:54:41 AM »
Pfft, I've got over 100 spread out over 3 characters.

Then again, school is out and I only work like 4 days a week right now, and sleep is for pussies.  PUSSIES WHO UNINSTALL AWESOME GAMES.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1624 on: June 02, 2012, 01:12:19 AM »
This kid is gonna be a champ one day.

yar

Himu

« Reply #1625 on: June 02, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
IYKYK

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #1626 on: June 02, 2012, 01:15:03 AM »
Level 60 Hardcore Barbarian killed for being sort of AFK:
http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv/b/320035073?t=81m
CBG

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1627 on: June 02, 2012, 01:17:52 AM »
I can get through most of Act I just fine on Inferno so far, most of it is just being smart about how to kite and having a good skill loadout.  I haven't gotten to the butcher just yet, but we'll see.  The only thing is if a champ/elite pack has shitty affixes I'm fuuuuuuucked.  Honestly, one of the worst (aside from invulnerable minions, obviously) is extra health surprisingly- if you die too many times, those fuckers will have their health restored during the wait and then you're back to square one.

What are you other Inferno wizards (Viz, etc) rolling with?  I can't emphasize enough how good venom hydra has been for me.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1628 on: June 02, 2012, 01:33:25 AM »
Skeleton King on Inferno could kill me in one hit!  :-\

But I still beat him. :pimp
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1629 on: June 02, 2012, 01:39:34 AM »
Man, even with my more kite-y build I could still take a hit from SK.  Granted it was just one but yeah.  Then I decided to just let my hydra kill him and run crowd control on his mobs :lol
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1630 on: June 02, 2012, 01:41:49 AM »
I could take a hit if it was a glancing blow, but a dead-on hit from his mace was enough to put me on the floor for good. That's actually how my first encounter with him went. I waited until he materialized, ran up to him and started swinging, he hit me once. Dead. Whelp, I said, that strategy obviously isn't going to work. The enchantress and my air ally were enough to keep him distracted while I chipped away at his health.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1631 on: June 02, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »
Inferno loot is kind of laughably bad, though.  "Here, you've killed 5 champion/elite packs to get a 5 stack of nephalem valor and killed Leoric, enjoy this awesome level 53 300 dps dagger with poison dmg, +70 dex and a bonus to a witch doctor skill!"  No wonder the shit you need (+dmg stat/+vit/+all resist) goes for millions of gold, it never fucking drops. 

Blizz could kill two birds with one stone by letting you choose 1 or 2 stats for the lv 10 bsmith recipes so it's not such a fucking crapshoot.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1632 on: June 02, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »
It's all about the real money AH.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1633 on: June 02, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »
It's all about the real money AH.

Oh, I know. TOO BAD YOU CAN'T FUCKING USE IT AT ALL.

Then again, considering everything that's gone on with this game since launch, that's a good thing.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1634 on: June 02, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »
I found too awesome rare items today...they were both for classes that I wasn't.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1635 on: June 02, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
AH it up, breh.  Or I'll trade you the awesome Legendary Monk drop that I got for one if it's for a Wizard!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...jk, it's a lv 18 helmet  :-\
[close]
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1636 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »
Conspiracy theorists would likely say that Blizzard is doing some behind-the-scenes shenanigans with drop rates to make sure you sometimes get awesome items for others classes but not your own.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1637 on: June 02, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »
I don't really mind, I've got a DH at 35 or so and a Barb at around 20.  Eventually, a winnar will be me!
yar

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1638 on: June 02, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »
We need Titan Quest 2.
zzzzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1640 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:15 AM »
Grim Dawn should be good, I've got my fingers crossed.

Just played some 3 player co-op with GR and PD on Act 1 Inferno.  I guess we've all been grinding and upgrading gear because while it was difficult and some champion/elite mobs were annoying, we didn't run into anything that we couldn't eventually beat into submission... even shit with invulnerable minions.  Rumbler found a pretty dope piece of armor with high all resist, too.  He made the comment that Nephalem Valor is the ultimate "one more mob" hook, because when you've got it up to 5 and you're cruising through the game you just. want. one. more. mob.  GOTTA GET DAT LOOT, SON.

...too bad most of them still drop shit with 3 players and 5 stacks of NV, tho.  :P  Seriously, this "Inferno drops are useful for the last act you were in" bs is lame.  WTF am I gonna do with lv 51 monk fists for fucks sakes?  Why is SK dropping them when I down him with a 5 stack?  FIX DAT LOOT, BLIZZ.  Apparently it's even shittier- in order to even not just get napalmed in Act II inferno, you need the items in Acts III and IV. 
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1641 on: June 03, 2012, 01:21:21 AM »
Re-geared for resistance and now I can solo the shit out of Inferno. I have 40% dmg reduction for physical dmg, poison, and everything else. The downside is that my health took a bit hit - I've gone from 60k to 45k. Definitely going to need to increase that; at one point my health was 35k while playing with Triumph and GR

I think I'm going to just start farming the Skeleton King area

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1642 on: June 03, 2012, 01:23:33 AM »
Upped my stats a bit with some items from the AH. Nothing major, but my DPS, armor, and resistances all got a health boost that should make things a tiny bit easier through the rest of Act I.
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1643 on: June 03, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »
fuck it, thing I'm gonna hop back on

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1644 on: June 03, 2012, 01:46:20 AM »
I've had a week or so away from the game now and am excited to jump back in. Probably solo though :(
itm

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1645 on: June 03, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
The build I'm playing now for my Wiz had all of my resists at 50% with my armor spell on.  I'm trying to farm enough gold to buy a better wand/1 hander so that I can stop using Glass Cannon as a passive, then my resists will jump AGAIN.  Also about to get back on, probably gonna farm the Cathedral if anybody wants to do a run.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1646 on: June 03, 2012, 02:28:07 AM »
I've had a week or so away from the game now and am excited to jump back in. Probably solo though :(

I hadn't played in a group on Inferno at all until tonight, and it was actually not so bad like I said.  I think it helped that the three of us had been independently grinding and improving our gear/builds though.
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1647 on: June 03, 2012, 03:01:15 AM »
Yes but I'm still on Act II Nightmare :P
itm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1648 on: June 03, 2012, 03:43:02 AM »
My buffed resist is nearly 60%. I basically stood in arcane sentries and didn't come close to dying holy shit.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1649 on: June 03, 2012, 05:11:52 AM »
Apparently we've reached the gear check for the first half of Act I. :P  I'm farming the Skeleton King/Cathedral with impunity and not dying now, pretty much no matter what sort of elite mob I run into unless I get cocky or stand in a puddle of stupid shit.  Gonna try getting to/farming Butcher tomorrow probably.
yar

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1650 on: June 03, 2012, 06:51:19 AM »
Playing through Hell, mostly solo. Act 1 was ok, but Act II raped me pretty good for a while until I re-specced my skills to be focused around constant healing and spirit regen which worked great. I just solo'd Belial on my 2nd try without too much fuss, don't think I could've done it without Serenity.
◕‿◕

Bacchus7

« Reply #1651 on: June 04, 2012, 12:30:06 AM »
PD do you wanna MF with me? I'm 25k dps wizard with good disables; we can run Butcher.
DTF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1652 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »
PD do you wanna MF with me? I'm 25k dps wizard with good disables; we can run Butcher.

Sure, you online right now?

(I'm doing laundry so I'll have to get up a couple times)
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=38009.0
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:39:36 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Bacchus7

« Reply #1653 on: June 04, 2012, 12:43:38 AM »
Yeah, I'm on
DTF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1654 on: June 04, 2012, 12:45:35 AM »
kk add me
PhoenixDark #1411

Bacchus7

« Reply #1655 on: June 04, 2012, 12:47:04 AM »
Waiting on youu
DTF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1656 on: June 04, 2012, 01:58:55 AM »
Not a bad run, outside of that first elite pack. Oh boy, that reminded me of my first day in inferno. I definitely need more health. My armor and resit all rock, I might sacrifice some for more life. Going into inferno I had around 60k health, now I'm done to 43k

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1657 on: June 04, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »
I've got my resists above 500!

...my dps sucks now.   :fbm

I just need to grind skeleton king some more tomorrow and buy more shit with +int, while my new wand/source (Chantado set) is awesome the damage is less than I'm used to.  Felt like a gimp in that Butcher fight. :-/
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1658 on: June 04, 2012, 06:32:00 AM »
Im only level 49 :(

19.5k HP
3k DPS

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1659 on: June 04, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »
Lvl 58, most of the way through act III, 6.5k dps 23k health 196 all res. Saved 300k but I'm waiting to hit 60 to buy more gear, is it worth it dropping $ on a gold finding set or should I just go MF? Keen to hit inferno and start farming asap.
◕‿◕

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1660 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58:09 AM »
We need Titan Quest 2.

Seriously

i was played a lot this weekend and that was the one thing that really leapt out at me.  How much I'd have just preferred Titan Quest 2.
Tonya

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1661 on: June 04, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
Lvl 58, most of the way through act III, 6.5k dps 23k health 196 all res. Saved 300k but I'm waiting to hit 60 to buy more gear, is it worth it dropping $ on a gold finding set or should I just go MF? Keen to hit inferno and start farming asap.

Honestly, bumping those isn't worth it.  If you can find a piece of gear with a nice mf/gold find buff on it that also boosts your int/str/dex or all resist, great.  Otherwise, just keep grinding elite mobs and get your Nephalem Valor stacks going- I think each one adds 15% to your m/g find.  Once you do that just keep grinding the cathedral/cemetery- all the dead villagers and jars of ashes/barrels start coughing up like 500-1k gold when you've got a 5 stack going, at least in my experience.  You ARE going to want to raise your primary atk attribute, all resist and VIT though- 6.5 dps isn't gonna be enough to cut it.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1662 on: June 04, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »
Every time I don't listen to Creep Old Guy, I fail. First, I decided to watch that Nintendo Direct bullshit after he lol'd at me. Then I upgraded the blacksmith up to lv10 after he said I wouldn't get anything good...and lo and behold, total gold sink.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1663 on: June 04, 2012, 09:14:13 PM »
I just built a SPEED RUN monk. :bow Infinite Tempest Rush, +43% movement speed at all times :bow2
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1664 on: June 04, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
Every time I don't listen to Creep Old Guy, I fail. First, I decided to watch that Nintendo Direct bullshit after he lol'd at me. Then I upgraded the blacksmith up to lv10 after he said I wouldn't get anything good...and lo and behold, total gold sink.

:wag

Yeah man, the AH is just so much of a better gold sink.  You can get stuff that, you know, YOU NEED.  I wonder if they took commodities down because gems were selling for less than it costs to upgrade them. :P
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1665 on: June 04, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »
One caveat- apparently you can get plans for SUPER DUPER AWESOME LEGENDARY ITEMS (Tal Rasha's Wrappings, etc) as drops I guess.  Crafting them bitches will probably yield something sweet, especially if they're gonna buff legendaries like they said.

Anyone know when 1.3 is supposed to hit?  This week or next?
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1666 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:53 AM »
Solo'd The Butcher twice today on inferno. Both times I had him around 10% health when the enrage timer hit but managed to survive. Feels good man

Gonna keep grinding, and keep replacing armor. Just got an amulet with like +160 life per hit which rocks. My dps heavy chest armor is basically the last remaining piece of my set before I started speccing for resist, so I'm trying to find a decent replacement.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1667 on: June 05, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
I've got Act I Inferno licked good. None of the blue mobs can stop me [I still get killed a time or two, though] and the Butcher is a total pushover. I think I'm ready to move on from my farming operation, which really isn't doing my much good anyway, and head on to Act II.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1668 on: June 05, 2012, 01:36:30 AM »
I'm not really sure what the gear check level for Act II Inferno is.  Here's my wizard's stats:

27k life
550+ resists
21.5k dps
3400 armor
615 dmg wand
regen 1300+ per second

And I get owned like a little fucking bitch no matter what.  I've managed to make it to Alcarnus by advancing forward an inch or two at a time, throwing venom hydra out at the edge of the screen, then running like a bitch if anything is coming towards me.  The story of how I actually managed to get a 2 stack of Nephalem Valor is HILARIOUS.  So, before Kasim Outpost there's a random event with a friendly Necromancer trying to quiet some spirits.  You help him and the coven sends a bunch of cultists and an elite pack.  I killed the pack by using the terrain, my templar (when he was alive, which was for about 5-10 seconds at a time) and the Necromancer's skeletal minions to block the pack from me, then spamming venom hydra, magic missiles, and arcane orbs at the fuckers.  The next pack I ran into, I brought them back there and did it again. :lol

My problem at this point is that to further upgrade my gear, we're talking about either getting REALLY lucky on the auction house or grinding a whole fucking lot, because the shit I have is already probably at least 250k per piece, and that's not counting my Legendary wand/source combo set that set me back 2 million.  I've got about 500k banked, no real assets as far as shit to sell and my will is slipping. 
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1669 on: June 05, 2012, 01:49:22 AM »
For Inferno A2+ wait for 1.0.3
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1670 on: June 05, 2012, 03:14:55 AM »
For Inferno A2+ wait for 1.0.3

Cool, good to know that's been taken into consideration.  I'll continue to farm, might go back to Hell and feel like a God for a bit.  Got a new build with no defensive spells that is at 26k dps now :lol
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1671 on: June 05, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »
Bah, I never liked being That Guy who didn't beat stuff until it was nerfed/patched  :-\

Tried a bit of Act II. Reminds me of when I first entered Act I on inferno in terms of dying to fire, poison, etc in seconds. I'll be fine once I find some better gear. Alas, I've done Butcher so many times without him dropping anything of worth

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1672 on: June 05, 2012, 04:18:55 AM »
Bah, I never liked being That Guy who didn't beat stuff until it was nerfed/patched  :-\

The Blizzard I knew used to launch stuff that was completely broken/unbalanced tho. See C'thun (or pretty much all of Ahn'Qiraj). No way am I going to grind for a billion hours with a gimp character when everything's going to get fixed eventually.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:20:34 AM by iconoclast »
BiSH

pilonv1

« Reply #1673 on: June 05, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
Got cockblocked by some fire shield chaining elite mobs tonight. Spent some money on the AH tonight and doubled my lvl 35 barbs dps and tripled his HP and manage to get past it. Playing solo sucks sometimes.
itm

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1674 on: June 05, 2012, 01:47:07 PM »
Just finished Normal Hardcore with a Barb. Now... shit gets scary :'(.
zzzzz

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1675 on: June 05, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »
I'm not really sure what the gear check level for Act II Inferno is.  Here's my wizard's stats:

27k life
550+ resists
21.5k dps
3400 armor
615 dmg wand
regen 1300+ per second

And I get owned like a little fucking bitch no matter what.  I've managed to make it to Alcarnus by advancing forward an inch or two at a time, throwing venom hydra out at the edge of the screen, then running like a bitch if anything is coming towards me.  The story of how I actually managed to get a 2 stack of Nephalem Valor is HILARIOUS.  So, before Kasim Outpost there's a random event with a friendly Necromancer trying to quiet some spirits.  You help him and the coven sends a bunch of cultists and an elite pack.  I killed the pack by using the terrain, my templar (when he was alive, which was for about 5-10 seconds at a time) and the Necromancer's skeletal minions to block the pack from me, then spamming venom hydra, magic missiles, and arcane orbs at the fuckers.  The next pack I ran into, I brought them back there and did it again. :lol

My problem at this point is that to further upgrade my gear, we're talking about either getting REALLY lucky on the auction house or grinding a whole fucking lot, because the shit I have is already probably at least 250k per piece, and that's not counting my Legendary wand/source combo set that set me back 2 million.  I've got about 500k banked, no real assets as far as shit to sell and my will is slipping. 

lol

Kripp just solo'd Act 2 Inferno on HARDCORE, biatch.

World's first character in Act 3 Inferno HC.

Kripp is

a) a professional gamer, which I am not, so I imagine he's gonna be better at this than I
b) not playing a squishy fucking wizard
c) probably has people farming him fucking gear, even on hardcore
d) ALL OF THE ABOVE
yar

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #1676 on: June 05, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »
I just beat normal with my LVL 31 DH this morning, then switched a bunch of gear to my monk after I finished ACT 1.  Act 2 was then finished crazy fast or at least 5 times faster than with the DH.

Did anyone use the Raknishu's Blade to Bashiok?  I was gonna try it until I found out that many people couldn't get it to spawn even after 3 hrs.  What's the award for killing it?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1677 on: June 05, 2012, 08:53:20 PM »
I'm a boss on Act 1 Inferno, but on Act 2 I'm the red-headed step-child. :(
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1678 on: June 05, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »
I'm a boss on Act 1 Inferno, but on Act 2 I'm the red-headed step-child. :(

You ain't the only one.  Act I is doable because the gear you need isn't prohibitively expensive.  Not the case for Act II and beyond.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1679 on: June 05, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
Act II gear is all in the 500k+ range for each piece and I'm going to need a lot more than just one piece. Would be nice if some awesome gear were to happen to drop on Act 1, but that seems unlikely to happen.
dog