Author Topic: Firmware 2.4 OUT NOW, omfg theres a CLOCK  (Read 26159 times)

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Re: Firmware 2.4 vids coming tonight
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2008, 08:35:56 AM »
So Sony rips, basically, XBL features.

That's cool because, it's free. But they don't rip the friend invite system? lolol

cool breeze

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:05 AM »
Friend invites are already confirmed, just not for this update.

And I don't even need downloading when on stand by, just a simple auto turn off when download completes would be nice.

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2008, 08:46:04 AM »
What exactly do you mean by "friend invites"? Like cross game?

Some games have messages that allow you to join a game...I wonder if those would work from within another game. I will have to try it with games I know that support it.
haw

cool breeze

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2008, 08:52:57 AM »
Oh, and the not 100% thing does seem to be about custom soundtracks.

yeah yeah,  :rofl PS3 can't even copy the 360 right!

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
That 2.4 XMB kills the X360's Sling Blade.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/30/ps3-firmware-2-40-the-good-the-bad-and-the-belated/

-You can, for example, message a friend that you are currently playing Resistance and would like them to join you, but there's no option to send any sort of game invite. That functionality will instead be up to developers to build into their games.

-Sony confirmed that it is not possible to initiate a private voice chat and keep your friend with you across games as on Xbox Live.

-The ability to stream your own music off the HDD during gameplay is a feature of 2.40, but only works in games that have been designed to utilize it.

Sounds pretty half-assed to me. At least the trophy system looks cool.
jon

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »
What exactly do you mean by "friend invites"? Like cross game?

Yeah cross game invites.

I'm playing MGS4, you are playing burnout, you send me an invite, i accept, it automatically goes to the dashboard, i put in burnout and i automatically go to your game room.

Tigerriot

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:50 AM »
This update will be out late Tuesday night for those in the U.S.

So many bitter tears in this thread.  With each new PS3 firmware update you can see the Xbots feeling more threatened.  Xbots keep saying they're not threatened, but yet they keep posting about how unthreatened they feel.  :lol

The 360 has had these features for a long time now, so really they aren't groundbreaking, but you guys just look so insecure when you talk about it over and over again.

Oh, and to those who love to bring up "cross game invites" in threads like this.  I've got a question for you.  When was the last time you accepted a cross game invite?  I only ask becuase the last time I did it, was probably sometime in 2007.  Can't even remember exactly.  In other words, it's a very rare occurance, and more often than not, friends don't even wait for you to join their game.

Case in point.  I'm playing GRID, and my friend sends me a COD4 invite.  By the time I exit GRID, put in COD4, and load up COD4 to join that invite, 99% of the time those people have already joined a new game, and you just join their next game anyway.  So that initial invite was really just a prompting to get you into that game, and not really a way to directly join their game.  Although that is possible of course, I just don't think it happens very often.  In other words, people can accomplish the exact same goal on the PS3 by just sending you a message that says "Let's play COD4".  You quit your current game, pop in whatever game they mentioned, and away you go. 

Just something to think about Xbots, but now I'll wait for you to all call me a Sonybot because I brought up the painfully obvious observations you'd all rather ignore.  :lol  But don't mind me, and continue carrying on with your system warz.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:11:57 AM by Tigerriot »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 10:17:14 AM »
so basically you're slow is what you're saying?

Kestastrophe

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »
So many bitter tears in this thread.  With each new PS3 firmware update you can see the Xbots feeling more threatened.  Xbots keep saying they're not threatened, but yet they keep posting about how unthreatened they feel.  :lol
Really? I don't see any melt downs or tears in this thread. Did I glance over said bitter tears?
jon

Tigerriot

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »
Really? I don't see any melt downs or tears in this thread. Did I glance over said bitter tears?

Bitter tears can take on many forms.  People who simply feel the need to bash these additional PS3 features look an awful lot like bitter tears to me.  Why the need to bash this firmware update?  It's free and it adds a lot of nice features.  The only motive I see for people bashing is because they're afraid of how this might compare to Xbox Live.  Simple as that.

Kestastrophe

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:31 AM »
The only motive I see for people bashing is because they're afraid of how this might compare to Xbox Live. 

Isn't the point of these updates for PSN to offer similar features to Live? I think it's only natural to compare the two, especially when many of the features are direct responses to Live dashboard (i.e. Achievement/Trophy system).
jon

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »

Oh, and to those who love to bring up "cross game invites" in threads like this.  I've got a question for you.  When was the last time you accepted a cross game invite?  I only ask becuase the last time I did it, was probably sometime in 2007.  Can't even remember exactly.  In other words, it's a very rare occurance, and more often than not, friends don't even wait for you to join their game.

Uh, no. I accept them all the time. Maybe if you have shitty friends, which is not a surprise because you sound like a shitty guy yourself, they won't wait for you, but that's not what normally happens at all, to other people.

Cross invites is huge, not to mention private channel talk, from what i understand this doesn't support it. Can't count the amount of times me and a friend of mine ventured into ranking matches together, composed of people we don't know, and used the private channel. Comes extra handy when he land in opposite teams.

But yeah, cross invite is big. And if you stopped being such a Sony cigarillo you would acknowledge it. Oh and i have left Xbox live like 2 months ago, i'm not paying anymore, so i'm actually transferring(trying to) my online play to the PS3. It's failing hard though, the community is shit, people hardly talk, heck i can't talk because i don't have an headset. Feels dead. I might go back to Xbox live before long.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:33:09 AM by WrikaWrek »

Tigerriot

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »
The only motive I see for people bashing is because they're afraid of how this might compare to Xbox Live. 

Isn't the point of these updates for PSN to offer similar features to Live? I think it's only natural to compare the two, especially when many of the features are direct responses to Live dashboard (i.e. Achievement/Trophy system).

Yeah, comparisons are fine, but I've seen a lot of "disaster" labels being called out, and general stupidity from people trying to pretend this update accomplishes very little, when we all know that isn't true.

Quote from: WrikaWrek
Uh, no. I accept them all the time. Maybe if you have shitty friends, which is not a surprise because you sound like a shitty guy yourself, they won't wait for you, but that's not what normally happens at all, to other people.

Cross invites is huge, not to mention private channel talk, from what i understand this doesn't support it. Can't count the amount of times me and a friend of mine ventured into ranking matches together, composed of people we don't know, and used the private channel. Comes extra handy when he land in opposite teams.

But yeah, cross invite is big. And if you stopped being such a Sony cigarillo you would acknowledge it. Oh and i have left Xbox live like 2 months ago, i'm not paying anymore, so i'm actually transferring(trying to) my online play to the PS3. It's failing hard though, the community is shit, people hardly talk, heck i can't talk because i don't have an headset. Feels dead. I might go back to Xbox live before long.

Oh, now I'm being told I'm a "shitty guy".  :lol  You come off like a real charming human being as well.

Cross game invites might be "HUGE" for you, but I think for the majority of Xbox Live users they have become a neat idea that doesn't mean much in the end for most people.  Then you tried to change the subject into private chat, which had nothing to do with cross game invites.  We still don't know for sure that private chat isn't available in game on the PS3, but it would certainly be a nice feature, as I think a lot more people find that useful when compared to cross game invites.

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2008, 10:52:30 AM »
I must admit im surprised to see such a GAF/OA thread like this here.

Anyway - the PS3 XMB is awesome and you all know it.

ITs getting features that it could/should have had 2 years ago yes.

/thread

Himu

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
I like what I see about 2.40. It's nice to see ps3 have features it should have had 2 years ago. I like how you can go from game to game without even going to the dash like on 360.

And the gamercards look pretty cool.
IYKYK

Tigerriot

« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »
I like what I see about 2.40. It's nice to see ps3 have features it should have had 2 years ago. I like how you can go from game to game without even going to the dash like on 360.

And the gamercards look pretty cool.

That is a good point that is very clearly ignored on this board.  The PS3 is capable of various features like the one you mentioned that are simply not possible on the 360. 

Both machines have their pluses and minuses. 

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »
And the 360 interface is just a clunky, cluttered piece of shit in general. Eliminate the one exclusive strength it has, and it really shines through as a junior Flash project. The 360 has Crackdown, that's its single "plus".

Grecco

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2008, 11:29:08 AM »
You dont have to go to the dash to go to a different game. Unless its an xbla game.

Himu

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2008, 11:32:08 AM »
Yeah, the xmb interface looks far more appealing in general

360's is balls
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

Kestastrophe

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »
Yeah, the xmb interface looks far more appealing in general

360's is balls
Not only that, but it takes forever to load your videos and arcade games. Especially if you have alot stored on your HDD, it can take up to 20 seconds to load.
jon

Himu

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
I can't fucking play my xbox originals games unless i'm hooked up to xbl. I don't have a router here and in order to play my original xbox disc games I have to fucking have it (the 360) hooked up to the internet just to play OLD xbox games. And yes, I dled the bc updates in the past.

It even struggles to play Crackdown without xbl because I dled the patch in the past, and it freezes at the start screen because it's checking the patch but there's no xbl.

xbl being integrated into EVERYTHING makes a lot of 360 such shit.
IYKYK

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
they should've just copied the gamerscore as well.  SONY IS SO INNOVATIVE!
pyh

Kestastrophe

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »
I like the idea of having levels instead of a cumulative gamer score. I don't know if it will be better, but it would be cool to have something different.
jon

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »
i kinda got over the achievements/gamerscore thing months ago.  i doubt this leveling/trophy system will compel me to play any of my ps3 backlog.  which is like 3 games.  i don't buy enough ps3 games  :-\
pyh

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 12:30:59 PM »
Watching first video, this is certainly better than I was letting myself expect. Very nice I think, switching games is a great feature. lol @ people being amazed at being to turn on your bluetooth without exiting a game. I never know if my headset is working with the damn thing.

But yea, they'd better get some cross game invites and private chat.

Very nice, PS3 achieves functionality.

I'm gonna have to get my PS3 wireless worked out in time for this

edit: great, more shit under the Games tab. Give me a way to sort that by folder please. The 'trophies' themselves aren't really any cooler looking than the little images next to Achievements, I thought there was gonna be more to that. I wonder if every game is required to support it, it already seems sorta lame when most of the games you already have don't include any.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:41:45 PM by AdmiralViscen »

cool breeze

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »
what a fucking disaster - any guesses on when 2.4 is actually coming?

i mean, this isn't the first time ingame XMB has been demo'ed....

2.4 is coming in two days.  So two days between the video and release of the firmware.

And this is the first time ingame XMB has been shown officially, that is unless you count what was shown before the interface was final before the PS3 launch.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:50:29 PM by swaggaz »

Tigerriot

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »
Watching first video, this is certainly better than I was letting myself expect. Very nice I think, switching games is a great feature. lol @ people being amazed at being to turn on your bluetooth without exiting a game. I never know if my headset is working with the damn thing.

But yea, they'd better get some cross game invites and private chat.

Very nice, PS3 achieves functionality.

I'm gonna have to get my PS3 wireless worked out in time for this

edit: great, more shit under the Games tab. Give me a way to sort that by folder please. The 'trophies' themselves aren't really any cooler looking than the little images next to Achievements, I thought there was gonna be more to that. I wonder if every game is required to support it, it already seems sorta lame when most of the games you already have don't include any.

No, every game is not going to be required to support this.  At least that has always been my understanding about the way Sony handles such matters.  It's almost always left up to the developers.  If they want to do it, they can, if not, oh well.

Personally I really hate this loose care free policy Sony has chosen to take with things like this.  There needs to be more structure, and gamers end up being hurt when there isn't any.  Case in point.  Microsoft's stricter policies are exactly why 360 Rock Band owners were able to use Guitar Hero guitars with the game.  Sony chose not to be pushy, and gamers suffered.

That is just stupid IMO, and it's one example of Sony just not getting it when it comes to certain aspects of modern game development.  This whole trophies mess is also just a result of those same policies.  Forever there are gonna be PS3 owners who own some games that have trohpies, and other games that won't.  That's just lame and defeates the purpose of exactly what Micorosft went for with the gamercard.  A personal history of all the games you've played on that platform.  Sony will never be able to achieve that with the PS3 now.  

On the topic of older games, I do think many of their first part games will recieve patches to enable trophies.  I also think a few of the stand up third party developers will patch them in as well.  Starting with Burnout Paradise, which I think will get trophies on July 10th.

duckman2000

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »
That's just lame and defeates the purpose of exactly what Micorosft went for with the gamercard.  A personal history of all the games you've played on that platform.  Sony will never be able to achieve that with the PS3 now.

I can't believe you're comparing this remarkably unimportant feature to that of the GH/RB accessory sharing.

cool breeze

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »
The loose policy they have isn't exactly bad.  Look at games like CoD4 which have better online with the PS3 than the 360.  Not being required to do online one way has its benefits, but then again it has its problems.  See MGO for the problems it can cause.

The big problem facing the PS3 getting these new additions like custom soundtrack and cross game invites and all is that on Day 1 it wasn't build for this stuff.  They can only patch it is, so the things before the patch are going to have problems.  Hopefully it becomes like Rumble where after this week, every game has trophy, custom soundtrack, and whatever other support built in.  This all should have been there day 1, but since it wasn't, it is causing a problem.

Oh, and as for the GH3 guitar working with Rock Band being some sort of Microsoft forcing them or something.  It was more of a fluke on their part.  The GH4 guitar is apparently not going to work for Rock Band.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:28:36 PM by swaggaz »

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 02:31:25 PM »
I wonder if you have to replay your old games to get trophies or if the trophies will automatically update for you.

It is totally gay if this isn't required for all games.

edit - in what way is COD4 better online on PS3?

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
I wonder if you have to replay your old games to get trophies or if the trophies will automatically update for you.

I hope the trophies detect your savegames or something. I'm so not replaying the games for the trophies.

cool breeze

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »

Dedicated servers.  It may have been another game, but I'm not sure.  It actually may have been Bad Company where everyone was saying that the PS3 online was better because of those dedicated servers.  I don't have any personal experience with it since any multi-platform games are played on my 360 or PC.

And don't expect to have trophies added automatically once the update drop.  I would be really surprised if it did.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
Achievements are cool now, guys
fat

Kestastrophe

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »
I hope the trophies detect your savegames or something. I'm so not replaying the games for the trophies.
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/30/everything-you-need-to-know-about-firmware-2-40/

Trophies will not be retroactively awarded based on save data.
jon

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2008, 03:00:17 PM »
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/30/everything-you-need-to-know-about-firmware-2-40/

Trophies will not be retroactively awarded based on save data.

Ahh, thanks for the link.

Pretty stupid though.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2008, 03:20:31 PM »

Dedicated servers.  It may have been another game, but I'm not sure.  It actually may have been Bad Company where everyone was saying that the PS3 online was better because of those dedicated servers.  I don't have any personal experience with it since any multi-platform games are played on my 360 or PC.

And don't expect to have trophies added automatically once the update drop.  I would be really surprised if it did.

AFAIK COD4 PS3 having dedicated servers is fanboy bullshit.

And there is at least one 360 game that uses dedicated servers so that is not a restriction of XBL.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2008, 03:21:16 PM »

i love warhawk for dedicated servers

:bow Sony :bow2

Tigerriot

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2008, 03:49:23 PM »

AFAIK COD4 PS3 having dedicated servers is fanboy bullshit.

And there is at least one 360 game that uses dedicated servers so that is not a restriction of XBL.

COD4 on PS3 does not have dedicated servers.  There were some rumors about that before the game came out, but they were completely bullshit.  Demonware handles the netcode for the game, and it runs less stable than the 360 version does.  I own both versions of the game, and I have logged many hours on both versions.  If I could only keep one version it would be the 360 version hands down.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2008, 03:51:50 PM »
ownage

I always figured that they made that claim because it ran so damn smooth - which it does on 360 also which is why it's so funny. I didn't realize the PS3 version ran worse though

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »
And the 360 interface is just a clunky, cluttered piece of shit in general. Eliminate the one exclusive strength it has, and it really shines through as a junior Flash project. The 360 has Crackdown, that's its single "plus".

Wow, your tastes are almost as shitty as Abrader's. 

Poor Sfags.  Playing with interfaces while other gamers play games. 

cool breeze

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »
COD4 on PS3 does not have dedicated servers.  There were some rumors about that before the game came out, but they were completely bullshit.  Demonware handles the netcode for the game, and it runs less stable than the 360 version does.  I own both versions of the game, and I have logged many hours on both versions.  If I could only keep one version it would be the 360 version hands down.

Well, then I have no clue how people starting spreading this to the point that major sites picked it up, but ok.

Tigerriot

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »
ownage

I always figured that they made that claim because it ran so damn smooth - which it does on 360 also which is why it's so funny. I didn't realize the PS3 version ran worse though

I should clarify my reasons for stating I would choose the 360 version are not purely based on net code or online performance.  There are times where the PS3 version runs just about identical to the 360 version, but it also has many times where it's a little bit more laggy than the 360 version.  I think it's really just a matter of when they reset their servers or perform maintenance on them.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's ok.  The 360 version is almost always very good.

There are also some details like a tiny missing lighting effect here and there on a few multiplayer maps, and a touch of framerate dipping that occurs whenever a car is on fire in view.  The single player also runs just a tad smoother on 360, and rumble isn't available on the PS3 version.  So that about sums it up.

duckman2000

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »

I've never played the 360 version, but the PS3 is nearly perfectly stable for me. I can count the drops and instances of lag on one hand, and that's from 3 (or 4) days of accumulated playtime.

I do seem to remember that COD4, or XBL, was down quite a bit in the beginning, for long stretches at a time. I doubt that was more than a teething issue, and the PS3 had its own "downloading game settings" snafu.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:16:29 PM by duckman2000 »

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »

I've never played the 360 version, but the PS3 is nearly perfectly stable for me. I can count the drops and instances of lag on one hand, and that's from 3 (or 4) days of accumulated playtime.

I do seem to remember that COD4, or XBL, was down quite a bit in the beginning, for long stretches at a time. I doubt that was more than a teething issue, and the PS3 had its own "downloading game settings" snafu.

I thought you have a gaming PC?  Any mid-end GPU should be able to handle COD4 better than the consoles. 

duckman2000

« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »
I thought you have a gaming PC?  Any mid-end GPU should be able to handle COD4 better than the consoles. 

Honestly, I bought it thinking I'd have an easier time accepting its shortcomings on a console than if I was playing it on PC. Which turned it to be a correct guess. Besides, after playing and then selling all the "big" console games of the Fall, I needed some console game that I'd actually keep.

Having the option between the console and PC version made all the bitter comparisons between PS3 and 360 seem sort of funny though.

Tigerriot

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »

It's gotten much better on the PS3 in recent months, but I still see netcode errors where you get dumped back out to the lobby more often on the PS3 version, and I see instances where I can't believe I got hit with bullets more on the PS3.  Meaning the latency is more noticeable on the PS3.  Also, there are some framerate fluctuations when you see a burning car on screen.  Check it out some time.  I've even checked it out offline, and it's still clearly there.  Walk around with a burning car in view and you'll see it happen.  Online it can be even worse.

duckman2000

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »
As said, I've never encountered any of this. Well, the odd framerate drop in SP, but not much of it in MP. The only issue I've had was the downloading game settings one, and matchmaking being very slow.

Although I'm pretty unhappy with the game right now. I can understand a game having issue around launch, and IW has fixed a few things, but the whole Host Ended Match shit is just inexcusable.

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2008, 05:49:08 PM »

Wow, your tastes are almost as shitty as Abrader's. 

Poor Sfags.  Playing with interfaces while other gamers play games. 

I bet if you beg forgotten-gamer will unban you.

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2008, 05:49:44 PM »
IGN just wrote impressions and says that once youv tried trophies, you will never go back to gamerscore.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2008, 05:50:23 PM »
IGN just wrote impressions and says that once youv tried trophies, you will never go back to gamerscore.

Why? They're exactly the same only less cumulative

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »

Why? They're exactly the same only less cumulative

Quote from: IGN
Once this Trophy thing gets going, I'm done with Achievements.

With one morning meeting, Sony has made me ready to buy every cross-platform title on the PlayStation 3 instead of its Microsoft-bred competitor. Sure, points are nice, but now I'm Leveling up? You mean to tell me that Sony's turned my gaming into an RPG of its own? You mean that everyone's going to be starting from square one and have an equal chance at being king of Trophies?

Sign me up.

I dunno - thats what they say.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
lol

So he personally prefers it because he missed the boat at 360 launch and because instead of hitting 10k, 20k, 30k he's hitting level 1, 2, 3.

OK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »
IGN guy thinks he's going to be "king of the trophies"

Sure dude, there will be boosters just as much as on X360
fat

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »
So will you pursue Trophies demi? Or are you Gamerscore exclusive?
:9

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »
So will you pursue Trophies demi? Or are you Gamerscore exclusive?

I'll stick to OCDing on one system.

You can't even compare trophies, I cant call you out if you're an assnugget on a forum by looking up your profile online
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2008, 06:22:10 PM »
Actually the trophies system is cool because you will level up faster if you get the harder achievements, rather than just grinding the crappy ones.

Isn't that basically the same as just doing the big point achievements in XBL and ignoring the small ones?  I think the only real stand out thing is that you get a big level boost if you get all other trophies, so instead of getting that last 100 points or whatever, you also get a large bonus along with it.

I still think that unless having a higher level means something other than the amount of time you invested, I won't be interested.  I did achievement whore in Uncharted and Ratchet since it had unlocks with them.  Same with Dead Rising for the most part.

You can't even compare trophies, I cant call you out if you're an assnugget on a forum by looking up your profile online

You can.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »
Can you do it if you're not friends with the person?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2008, 06:24:34 PM »

You can.

Link me to your PSN profile online
fat

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2008, 06:24:49 PM »
What level you are will tie in with HOME, etc...