Author Topic: The Bionic Commando thread of Demi the Elite Commando (and I guess Scenester)  (Read 20487 times)

JustinP

• I put bananas up my butt. ONE MORE DUMB POST AND I'M BANNED!
I find it easier to hit diagonals on the analog than the d-pad because of its unified nature; sometimes I just press one of the two parts of a diagonal and it registers incorrectly. why should I use the control scheme that causes me to make mistakes again? :P
if you press "one of the two parts of a diagnal," you're pressing a single cardinal direction (as in, not a diagnal)...  it's not registering it incorrectly, you are literally DOING IT WRONG, and it registers your mistake correctly as a mistake.  it'd be like saying "i'm sometimes closer to right instead of up right on an analog stick and it won't register it right for me."  see how your stupid argument can be directly applied to what you're supporting?  yeah, that means your stupid argument is fucking pointless. 

analog sticks are better when there's a need for full 360 input.  when there's digital 4-8 way movement, such as in BCR, a d-pad is better.  why?  because there's a more accurate relationship with the interface and the mechanic. 

your problem is that you think i'm telling you how to play the game.  if you prefer the analog stick, of course you should use the analog stick.  i'm not saying you shouldn't.  i'm saying the d-pad is better suited for BCR's mechanics for the large majority of the game (all but top-down portion).  just like the mouse and keyboard is unquestionably better for first person shooters, the d-pad and analog stick also have certain games and game mechanics that they work best with.  you prefer the analog stick for BCR, and some people prefer the analog sticks for first person shooters, but that doesn't have much to do with which is inherently better. 
and do you understand that there's no lack of precision or response time between using the d-pad or using the analog stick, so WHY ARE WE EVEN HAVING THIS DISCUSSION
there damn well is a difference.  "left" on a d-pad means "left contact" -- "left" on an analog stick means "anywhere between 157.5 (+/- .1) degrees and 202.5 degrees (+/- .1)."  "up left diagnal" on a d-pad means "left contact + up contact" -- "up left diagnal" on an analog stick means "anywhere between 202.5 (+/- .1) degrees and 247.5 (+/- .1) degrees." 

by definition, analog controls are less precise than a d-pad when it comes to digital mechanics like in BCR. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:44:58 AM by JustinP »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
This part with the barrels on Area 06? Yeah, that's distinguished mentally-challenged too. This isn't even fun anymore.
fat

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
JustinP, you're a very sick individual and I hope you find help
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
actually, fuck this, your post is so fucking stupid that I am going to get myself banned from the board just so I don't have to share it with your distinguished mentally-challenged
乱学者

Vrolokus

Wow.   :lol

JustinP

there damn well is a difference.  "left" on a d-pad means "left contact" -- "left" on an analog stick means "anywhere between 157.5 (+/- .1) degrees and 202.5 degrees (+/- .1)."  "up left diagnal" on a d-pad means "left contact + up contact" -- "up left diagnal" on an analog stick means "anywhere between 202.5 (+/- .1) degrees and 247.5 (+/- .1) degrees." 

the interpretation of analogue input is defined by the coders - it's not bolted down.

The X360 version at least seems to have a VERY narrow interpretation of the diagonals that makes the controls frustrating.

yeah, use digital/bububu the original was like this - but hey, i feel more comfortable using the analogue.

yeah, there can be variation, but it really doesn't matter because it's the same principle.  by definition, it's less precise -- "left" can mean a near infinite number of possibilities within a range of degrees on an analog stick, but "left" is precisely ONE input on an analog stick.  this shouldn't be hard for you guys to grasp. 

and once again, i'm not telling you how you should play.  if you prefer analog, you should use analog.  but that doesn't change the FACT that analog sticks are less precise than d-pads for digital, 8 way mechanics. 

actually, fuck this, your post is so fucking stupid that I am going to get myself banned from the board just so I don't have to share it with your distinguished mentally-challenged
Wow.   :lol
:rofl so you guys just sit and cry when you are proven wrong? 

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:35:42 PM by JustinP »

Vrolokus

so you guys just sit and cry when you are proven wrong? 

Who got proven wrong?  The only thing that got "proven" is that you'll go to the mat over a bullshit argument rather than, you know, have some self-respect and admit you might be wrong.

I guarantee I know this game - both the original and Rearmed - better than you, thus can very comfortably say your "it's built for the d-pad and the analog is a handicap" position is silly.  And you can cite (irrelevant) numbers and rationalize like a lunatic all you want, but I think just about everyone knows you wouldn't even have an opinion on this if it wasn't for your almost comical console bias.

JustinP

so you guys just sit and cry when you are proven wrong? 

Who got proven wrong?  The only thing that got "proven" is that you'll go to the mat over a bullshit argument rather than, you know, have some self-respect and admit you might be wrong.

I guarantee I know this game - both the original and Rearmed - better than you, thus can very comfortably say your "it's built for the d-pad and the analog is a handicap" position is silly.  And you can cite (irrelevant) numbers and rationalize like a lunatic all you want, but I think just about everyone knows you wouldn't even have an opinion on this if it wasn't for your almost comical console bias.

at this point, i'm not confident you're even capable of logically understanding the facts.  you shamefully play the 'fanboy' card when proven wrong.  yeah, proven wrong--i've had to go to ridiculous lengths to prove that d-pads are more precise than analog sticks for this type of game, only because you are too stupid or stubborn to admit you were wrong.  you make statements that fly in the face of reason and logic, and you have not debunked anything i've said. 

you seem to need help.  here is the definition of precise - 1 : exactly or sharply defined or stated.  because analog sticks will accept any of a possible range of degrees as a single input for BCR, it is factually and unquestionably imprecise.  "left" can mean 160 degrees and it can mean 200 degrees on an analog stick--it's not precise.  these aren't "irrelevant" numbers just because you are having trouble wrapping your head around them.  these are facts that you can't just jabber "you're wrong because you're a fanboy, HURRR" at. 

and i can't believe you're still saying the game wasn't built for a d-pad.  you're so familiar with the original game, it should be obvious that d-pads, and not analog sticks, were the directional interface for NES.  being an NES game designed for the NES controller, the game's controls and mechanics were designed to use a d-pad and not an analog stick--so yeah, you can say it was "built for" the d-pad.  for BCR, support for the analog stick was added without changing how the game plays--the analog stick only tries to imitate the d-pad.  yet you still want to claim that an NES game was not built for the d-pad?  or that somehow, an NES game was built with analog sticks in mind? 

using a less precise interface would logically be a handicap.  and some people could even prefer using the analog stick.  but that doesn't change the fact that the d-pad is more precise for this game and that this game was built for the d-pad.  but please, continue to disregard facts and logic.  tell me these facts are wrong because i'm a "fanboy" one more time.   ::)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 04:51:51 PM by JustinP »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Challenge Room 48 - distinguished mentally-challenged

Who comes up with this crap
fat

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
get a room fa gg ots
萌え~

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Has anyone done 48 yet? Anyone at all.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I DID IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
With an Analog Stick btw
fat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
lmao

JustinP

i've been taking a break from BCR.  what's 48 have you do?

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
With an Analog Stick btw

Impossible.  Left is 157.5 (+/- .1) degrees and 202.5 degrees (+/- .1) for christ's sake!
Tacos

Vrolokus

guess IGN is a bunch of ps3 fanboys, too   

"While I love the swinging elements in BCR, I can't ignore one issue. The D-Pad, particularly on Xbox 360, is not always the friendliest thing."

Maybe he should try the analog, it works perfectly.  Not to mention he says particularly, as in both d-pads aren't always the friendliest thing, as in the analog is preferable.  (Nice edit, by the way... maybe for the first time ever you realized how stupid what you said was before posting it?) 

Enjoy having the last word, it's all yours.  I'm starting to feel a tickle in the back of my throat and worry it might be the first symptoms of whatever strange form of distinguished mentally-challenged you have.

JustinP

Not to mention he says particularly, as in both d-pads aren't always the friendliest thing
:lol "particular" typically refers to a unique example from a group -- he is EXCLUDING the PS3 d-pad, as the 360 d-pad is a particular case.  and i edited it because it says less about 'analog vs d-pad' and more about 'ps3 d-pad > 360 d-pad,' which is already known and accepted. 

nice to see you're still as stupid as ever, though.  not surprising, because i bet you're not alone on this forum thinking that analog sticks are just as precise for FPS as a mouse.  same argument, basically.  same idiotic mindset present on this forum in abundance (sup hitler potato) that can't distinguish the difference between user preference and what is more inherently precise.  preferring (or even doing better with) a less precise interface (analog stick, in this context) does not change it's inherent properties.   :lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:36:49 PM by JustinP »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I dont think I'm going to have a TV by the time I'm done with this fucking game...
fat

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Time to move that TV to the left demi.  157.5 (+/- .1) degrees to 202.5 degrees (+/- .1) should do it.
Tacos

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm just having trouble on all these bosses
fat

Vrolokus

Time to move that TV to the left demi.  157.5 (+/- .1) degrees to 202.5 degrees (+/- .1) should do it.

Not precise enough.  Don't be a stupid-head, stupid-head.   ::)

demi, is there a boss in particular?  Also: are you attempting hard your first time out?  Because hard is, well... hard

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm doing Hard for the Hacker achievement... I'm fighting the hadoken throwing boss... no idea what I'm supposed to be doing
fat

Rman

I'm really enjoying this game.  Great job by Capcom/Grin.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I just killed Area 08 boss... and it didnt even count

It just kept on going

I had to shut the game off, I know that didnt just happen to me
fat

cool breeze

That boss has 3 stages.

FatalT

I'm done with this game. I only have two more achievements to get: Challenge Room and Super Hard completion. I just tried Super Hard and OH MY GOD. You die in 2 hits. I'm probably never going to beat the game on Super Hard.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm a masochist, I'm playing this game again right now
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That boss has 3 stages.

And I dunno what you're talking about, I just beat him now and there was no 3 stages. I killed the general, dropped down and shot the soldiers (something I DIDNT have to do in the previous fight) and I'm still furious about that
fat

cool breeze

I thought you were talking about the guy with the grapple.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
No I said I killed the boss, with that fight he still has his health
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I got the Hacking achievement, but I dont know if I want to bother continuing. I think I'll do an Easy run and get everything, then Super Hard.
fat

Vrolokus

I got the Hacking achievement, but I dont know if I want to bother continuing. I think I'll do an Easy run and get everything, then Super Hard.

If you've been playing hard, easy will be a cakewalk.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I said fuck it and started Easy, I might as well see the Ending without any hassle before I give up on Super Hard
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
All I need to do is Challenge 56... I get stuck at one part cause I cant get a good grab going to snatch the pill with

Fuuuuuck
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

FINAL TIME 89.663 OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Man Super Hard doesnt fuck around... lol

I beat Area 01 though, at least I got some Grenades
fat

Vrolokus

Mad skilz (Challenge Room 56)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhp7euYrDQ
 :o

cool breeze

Mad skilz (Challenge Room 56)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhp7euYrDQ
 :o

I can never hope to achieve that.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I DID THAT ROOM!!!!
fat

Vrolokus

I DID THAT ROOM!!!!

Seriously: you are the shit, then.  I forgive you for not liking Braid.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
My final time was 89.663, he beat me, but I bet I could do better with another run -- which no way in HELL am I doing
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That video makes it look so easy but OMG you will fuck up so much over the dumbest moves
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I did it with an Analog Stick btw

JustinP annihilated... dont mess with the best
fat

Vrolokus

I've attempted the room at least 150 times, and you're right about him making it look easy.  Not one error in the whole video.  Just watching it, you don't realize how there are like 15,000 ways to screw up and die in that room.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Super Hard  :'(

Area 06 boss has Homing Rockets now... I cant even get a barrel close to him

Area 04 tunnel is worse since it takes two (!) rockets to kill a pirate, and it takes like 12 bullets to kill a regular soldier
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Yessss I got Area 06... just 04 and 03 left
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Fuck yeah, beat Area 04... Yayyyyyyyyyyy Plasma Rifle
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Just need Area 08 and 10 now
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm at the Albatross now... so close
fat

Wolf Gang

It's only $10. Is that just too much to spend?

$10 can easily add up to buyer's remorse over time if you've bought a lot of worthless shit, which, like, 90% of the stuff on PSN is (See: Flow, Everyday Shooter, Calling All Cars, PixelJunk Monsters, all the current PSOne games, etc.).

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Everyday Shooter is easily worth 10 bucks imo.
Tacos

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm on the last boss... but cant read his rockets for shit. The only obstacle left to this damn game. Nobody is giving any advice on forums because nobody is as far as me yet.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Day 3 - I can now do the entire Albatross near-flawlessly, but still get massacred by Hitler, but I am getting better at doing the rockets by jamming the Back button, which pauses the game but is transparent enough to see where the bottom rockets are heading.

It's just pulling off Rocket shots which is difficult, since you have to be moving at the same time while maneuvering the rocket.
fat

Wolf Gang

Everyday Shooter is worth like 25 cents, or maybe not even that, especially because the graphics and the music suck. Mak and Blow should just get with each other and stick to making SNES ROMs for ZSNES.

Super Stardust HD is easily worth $1, though. A single George Washington bill is all an Asteroids clone on steroids deserves.

Quest for Booty might be worth the $15 they're charging for it, hopefully there'll be a demo of some sort.

dark1x

Everyday Shooter is worth like 25 cents, or maybe not even that, especially because the graphics and the music suck. Mak and Blow should just get with each other and stick to making SNES ROMs for ZSNES.

Super Stardust HD is easily worth $1, though. A single George Washington bill is all an Asteroids clone on steroids deserves.

Quest for Booty might be worth the $15 they're charging for it, hopefully there'll be a demo of some sort.
Thank god opinions like yours have no impact on the games released for these services.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

And with this, I confirm my place as BEST GAMER IN ALL OF EVILBORE and everywhere else
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: The Bionic Commando thread of Demi the Elite Commando (and not you)
« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
Only 6 people have 200... if you want, I'll let you guys smell my nuts

http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?gt=&g=565%2B&z=&c=&x=97&y=18
fat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: The Bionic Commando thread of Demi the Elite Commando (and not you)
« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »
Fucking A Demi. I wish I had your time AND determination.
©ZH