Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 466332 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Just read Ganhyun's follow-up to that, which I might have to nominate for the most, um, Advertently Revealing Post.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
yesterday, an suv passed me on the highway.  in its rear window was painted "NO!bama.  dim-wits!"  encircled in mccain stickers.

i lol'd but since i was driving i couldn't get a pic
Tonya

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
After coming back from Burn After Reading, my friend and I were behind this Lexus that had, like everything you could think of for a bumper sticker.

Nobama
McCain 08
Drill ANWR
"I'd rather keep my money, thanks!"
"Jesus isn't black" <----I shit you not.
püp

Eric P

• Icon
bumper stickers on a lexus?

that's cheesy.
Tonya

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #784 on: September 16, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »
Obama's career preceding joining the Senate was very different from Palin's.  Looking at it as two years as a governor vs two years as a senator is just dumb.

community organizer. So much more experience.

::)

That was in the 80s dipfuck, he followed that up with being a Constitutional law professor, civil rights attorney, and more importantly, 7 years as a state congressman.

Also, Palin's problem isn't experience, it's qualification. SHE DOESN'T KNOW SHIT. Reading Obama's 4 year old book is enough to demonstrate how intelligent and knowledgeable and QUALIFIED he is, Palin can't string a sentence together about our country's most vague issues.

Also, sinc when is the life of service of a community organizer not something to be respected? Isn't the existence of these sorts of people required under the hands-off Republican style of government? Aren't they America's heroes, and teen preggers the villains?

Hmm, way to not keep reading the thread and see my next post where I admit that both sides used this trick on each other. Also, I myself never said I was against community organizations, in fact I believe I admitted backing them? Way to read fucktwit.

Edit: My post:

But I agree, community fundraisers-etc are good things and shouldn't be attacked.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:35:00 AM by Ganhyun »
XDF

Ganhyun

Those two votes I disagree with. Parents should know if little Suzie is knocked up and trying to get out of it.

I would like to submit this entry for Most Inadvertently Revealing Statement by a Conservative for the month of September.

so what am I inadvertantly revealing here? I'd like to know, lol.

Edit nm.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:43:04 AM by Ganhyun »
XDF

Ganhyun

Just read Ganhyun's follow-up to that, which I might have to nominate for the most, um, Advertently Revealing Post.

lol, way to use a mistype against someone, lol.

Like you've never made a typo or mixed up multiple sentences when editing a post you've written?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
But lol at the Democrats trying to make me out to be an incestuous homo.
[close]

lol, I'm single and live alone and dont have any nieces, sisters, or daughters
[close]

But nice attempt to personally attack my credibility to keep from actually debating points.
[close]

XDF

Eric P

• Icon

Like you've never made a typo or mixed up multiple sentences when editing a post you've written?

mandark is strongly against the mixing of the sentences.

he's a good old fashion noun verb guy.

if you mix the sentences you get inbreeding so you'll get things like fragments or even worse...run ons.

now you'll see some people say that those are ok.  that there's nothing wrong with "alternative" sentence structure.  however, they know in their hearts that just isn't the truth.  and sometimes, just sometimes, it can even kill a man.

like david foster wallace.  pride of the "sentence mixers" who hung himself this past week.

tragic, i know.  but i think everyone in this thread knows he'd be alive today if he would have just kept his sentences pure and american.
Tonya

Ganhyun

mandark is strongly against the mixing of the sentences.

he's a good old fashion noun verb guy.

if you mix the sentences you get inbreeding so you'll get things like fragments or even worse...run ons.

now you'll see some people say that those are ok.  that there's nothing wrong with "alternative" sentence structure.  however, they know in their hearts that just isn't the truth.  and sometimes, just sometimes, it can even kill a man.

like david foster wallace.  pride of the "sentence mixers" who hung himself this past week.

tragic, i know.  but i think everyone in this thread knows he'd be alive today if he would have just kept his sentences pure and american.

:lol  :lol  :lol

This is why I voted for you for Icon way back.
XDF

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #789 on: September 16, 2008, 09:53:28 AM »
Alrighty... Universal Healthcare. The repubs I talk to (and even some centrist Democrats) are all opposed to this... saying stuff like "it failed in Britain, people are waiting on lines for months just to be treated"... blah blah. I like the sound of UHC but I am hoping it won't be pie-in-the-sky dreaming and will hurt someone like me (employed upper middle class).
^_^

Eric P

• Icon
i like universal health care you can opt out of or the possibility of tiered coverage based on the desired amount you want to put in but at a base level provides coverage for everything to everyone.

paying for it is the trick, but really if what i've read about the widespread ability for corporations to not pay any taxes whatsoever is true, perhaps we should look into that.

also, capital gains tax and fuck yes to the estate tax.  death tax my ass.
Tonya

Beardo

« Reply #791 on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »
Universal healthcare is a joke. Would you let a company have a monopoly on it? Then why give the government a monopoly on it? "bububububut the government doesn't work for a profit, healthcare shouldn't be for a profit!!!!!"

Eric P

• Icon
democratic govts are designed to act in the people's best interests
for-profit companies are designed to act in the company's interests
Tonya

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
more specifically, in the shareholders' single-minded interests

"increased profits" has never translated into "a healthy, long-lived public" -- EVER
duc

Beardo

« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:23 AM »
democratic govts are designed to act in the people's best interests
for-profit companies are designed to act in the company's interests

North Korea is called "Democratic People's Republic of Korea," Do they act in the people's best interest? An exaggeration for sure, but my point is that they do not always act in the people's best interest. What about the war in Iraq that the left hates so much. I could argue that the war was in your best interest because our president was elected!

On the other hand, if you have private healthcare you have a choice. Dont like company X? Move you company Y? I know that taking some responsible for yourself is hard for most liberals, but it's in your own interest.

And why are profits a dirty word? Profits mean a company is doing something that the public approves of. Of corse a company will do what's in their own interest everyone does. Thats human nature.

"increased profits" has never translated into "a healthy, long-lived public" -- EVER"

So your business strategy is to not increase profits? Interesting idea. I'll email my business professor and see what he thinks about it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:00:06 AM by Beardo »

Beardo

« Reply #795 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »
His reply...
SMH
[close]

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #796 on: September 16, 2008, 11:02:01 AM »
An exaggeration for sure

How surprising.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Profits mean a company is doing something that the public approves of.

Fuck off a thousand times over.  Tell that to Exxon
püp

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
you DO understand that eric p said "designed", not "implemented".

private healthcare doesn't work if people can't afford it. government healthcare redistributes the cost to the wealthy, which is awesome -- the rich can easily afford to support society with little or no impact to their manner of living.

no, profits mean the company is doing something the shareholders' largely approve of. note that the shareholders are a very tiny segment of the public, and even then, many disapprove if the price is environmental damage or the exploitation of workers.

republicans: so very dumb
duc

Beardo

« Reply #799 on: September 16, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »

Do you buy gas? If yes than you are supporting their product. Ohhhhhh how evil of Exxon to want to sell you something. Perhaps you should move to Venezuela where Chavez can give it to you. Isnt that what you liberals want? Free shit from the government.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

"increased profits" has never translated into "a healthy, long-lived public" -- EVER"

So your business strategy is to not increase profits? Interesting idea. I'll email my business professor and see what he thinks about it.

i have NO idea how you got from "a healthy, long-lived public" to "PROLE'S BUSINESS STRATEGY IS TO NOT INCREASE PROFITS LOL"

republicans: so very dumb AND so very delusional
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

Do you buy gas? If yes than you are supporting their product. Ohhhhhh how evil of Exxon to want to sell you something. Perhaps you should move to Venezuela where Chavez can give it to you. Isnt that what you liberals want? Free shit from the government.

meltdown alert
duc

Beardo

« Reply #802 on: September 16, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »

private healthcare doesn't work if people can't afford it.
The only people who cant afford healthcare are poor people who dont work hard enough.

no, profits mean the company is doing something the shareholders' largely approve of. note that the shareholders are a very tiny segment of the public, and even then, many disapprove if the price is environmental damage or the exploitation of workers.

Your are wrong. If company X is making money someone has to be giving it to them. That means that their product has been approved by he buyer. A company cannot stay in business unless they have enough support i.e. buyers.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I honestly can't believe such arrogance and stupidity exists in this country.

How the fuck am I supposed to get where I need to be with my car without buying gas?  I have no other alternative: I have to drive to my hometown almost every single weekend.  Try that on a bike.  Or walking.  Or cut off your dick, I don't care.

We buy the gas because we HAVE to buy gas, not because we approve of the "great business choices" they're making.  I honestly can't believe you said that, now I KNOW you're a fucking moron.
püp

Beardo

« Reply #804 on: September 16, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »
I cannot understand why liberals complain about Gas prices. Go to liberal heaven (Europe) and see how much gas is there. We have it pretty darn good hear. Not to mention that most economists agree it was a fluke when gas was $.90 a gallon back in the late 90s.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Republicans:  Fuck your complaining, it's all in your head!  See!  Gas prices are actually pretty good!

You are dumb, fact.
püp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #806 on: September 16, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
The only people who cant afford healthcare are poor people who dont work hard enough.

:lol
PSP

Beardo

« Reply #807 on: September 16, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »
I honestly can't believe such arrogance and stupidity exists in this country.

How the fuck am I supposed to get where I need to be with my car without buying gas?  I have no other alternative: I have to drive to my hometown almost every single weekend.  Try that on a bike.  Or walking.  Or cut off your dick, I don't care.

We buy the gas because we HAVE to buy gas, not because we approve of the "great business choices" they're making.  I honestly can't believe you said that, now I KNOW you're a fucking moron.

Gas is like any other commodity. You have to EARN it. I know its a foreign concept to people who think that Gas is some kind of right guaranteed to us.

Republicans:  Fuck your complaining, it's all in your head!  See!  Gas prices are actually pretty good!

Ok then what do you propose to do about gas prices? I cannot wait to hear this one.

Eric P

• Icon
more specifically, in the shareholders' single-minded interests

"increased profits" has never translated into "a healthy, long-lived public" -- EVER

i thought it looked snappier if they lines were both the same length
Tonya

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
We earn it, but you know where that extra $2/gallon could go towards?  Food.  Or wait, nevermind, that's raised in price too.  How about health care.  OH WAIT
püp

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
I cannot understand why liberals complain about Gas prices. Go to liberal heaven (Europe) and see how much gas is there. We have it pretty darn good hear. Not to mention that most economists agree it was a fluke when gas was $.90 a gallon back in the late 90s.

Its called SPRAWL you stupid fuck.
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
BrandNew, stop complaining, you dirty poor.  You just don't work hard enough.
PSP

duckman2000

I'm not sure if "dumb" is the correct descriptor, but this need to rely on exaggeration is certainly entertaining, in a sitcom sort of way. And if exaggeration doesn't bite, try baseline mockery (irrespective of whether or not there is an actual base for mockery or not, or whether or not it could possibly be applied to the mocking party itself). Their "points" can't be reasonably validated, so fuck reason, and reasonable examples. The Playground argumentative and analytical system, a valid choice for political debate in 2008!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:17:17 AM by duckman2000 »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
John McCain Rolls Out New Economic Policy, "Work Harder, Stop Complaining"
PSP

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Borders Books and Music doesn't even pay the state minimum :(
püp

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #815 on: September 16, 2008, 11:15:48 AM »

private healthcare doesn't work if people can't afford it.

i have a response, i am just not typing it because it would largely be a waste of both of our times.
Tonya

Beardo

« Reply #816 on: September 16, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »

Isn't that illegal?

duckman2000

« Reply #817 on: September 16, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »

Isn't that illegal?

Who should regulate this? A private firm? Or maybe we shouldn't have any regulation; leave that up to the companies, they know what's best for the people!

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #818 on: September 16, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »
Either you happily pay exorbitant prices for gas, or you're a pinko.

Cameras will be placed at all pumps to check for smiles; a good declaration of, "Boy, paying for this feels good, I earned this money!" is always helpful in speeding up the process.

Anyone without a grin of mandated proportions will be deported to Commie-Land.
wtc

Beardo

« Reply #819 on: September 16, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »

Isn't that illegal?

Who should regulate this? A private firm? Or maybe we shouldn't have any regulation; leave that up to the companies, they know what's best for the people!

Whaaa?
There is probably a state regulatory board.

Eric P

• Icon
John McCain Rolls Out New Economic Policy, "Work Harder, Stop Complaining"

you obviously missed last week's onion

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/mccains_energy_plan
Tonya

Beardo

« Reply #821 on: September 16, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »
Either you happily pay exorbitant prices for gas, or you're a pinko.

Cameras will be placed at all pumps to check for smiles; a good declaration of, "Boy, paying for this feels good, I earned this money!" is always helpful in speeding up the process.

Anyone without a grin of mandated proportions will be deported to Commie-Land.

I like this.  :punch :punch If you complain a guy dressed as uncle sam kicks you in the nuts.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #822 on: September 16, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »

Damn big government. If people aren't satisfied with their pay, they should work harder to find a better job. If they continue on working, they're obviously happy with their wages.
wtc

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #823 on: September 16, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »

Isn't that illegal?

When I was first hired it was less than 7, somewhere around 6.70 or something and this was in like November of last year and they didn't change it to 7 when the minimum went up until like June of this year.
püp

duckman2000

« Reply #824 on: September 16, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »

Isn't that illegal?

Whaaa?

Well, isn't that wrong? Why should the state regulate this? The private sector is supposedly fit to be trusted with supplying a good healthcare system, but it can't be trusted with regulating itself based on the peoples interest?

Damn big government. If people aren't satisfied with their pay, they should work harder to find a better job. If they continue on working, they're obviously happy with their wages.

Yep

Beardo

« Reply #825 on: September 16, 2008, 11:25:21 AM »
I have just entered some kind of bizarro world where liberals dont want the government to enforce minimum wage.

This is gay and a waste of my time.

Eric P

• Icon
the lack of knowledge regarding our country's tortured labor past is really kind of depressing.
Tonya

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #827 on: September 16, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »
I have just entered some kind of bizarro world where liberals dont want the government to enforce minimum wage.

When the fuck did I say that?  I do want them to.
püp

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #828 on: September 16, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »
Fact of the matter is that Obama is more likely to give tax relief to the majority of Americans than McCain, but somehow that DOES NOT MATTER.

It's class warfare!  :oreilly

Hmm, way to not keep reading the thread and see my next post where I admit that both sides used this trick on each other. Also, I myself never said I was against community organizations, in fact I believe I admitted backing them? Way to read fucktwit.

Hey cuntbutt, I read your backpedaling. Fact is the people you support took a big shit on community organizing and I wasn't talking exclusively to you. And there's no way to paint your post as anything but derisive, backpedal or not.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:46:55 AM by AdmiralViscen »

MrAngryFace

o_0

MrAngryFace

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:15:02 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
saw the testy one.  funny shit.  he's definitely going to lose his cool at the debate.
pyh

MrAngryFace

after his interview on The View and his people and vp being assailed on every network im sure its getting annoying. I especially get pissed when he blames his dirty campaign on obama for not wanting to do things his way. Town Hall is a horrible way to campaign since it does nothing but tie the hands of BOTH sides in terms of where they can appear.
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
I especially get pissed when he blames his dirty campaign on obama for not wanting to do things his way.

truly the most annoying fucking part of all of this

"well, baby, if you had dinner on the table when i got home, i wouldn't have to hit you"
Tonya

duckman2000

« Reply #834 on: September 16, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »

You have jack shit worth of  argument, that's your problem.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

I'm not sure if "dumb" is the correct descriptor, but this need to rely on exaggeration is certainly entertaining, in a sitcom sort of way. And if exaggeration doesn't bite, try baseline mockery (irrespective of whether or not there is an actual base for mockery or not, or whether or not it could possibly be applied to the mocking party itself). Their "points" can't be reasonably validated, so fuck reason, and reasonable examples. The Playground argumentative and analytical system, a valid choice for political debate in 2008!

since republicans work entirely in soundbites, unfunny slogans, and bumper sticker responses, i have chosen "republicans: so very dumb" as my tagline of choice until i see signs of actual cognitive activity
duc

Tristam

« Reply #836 on: September 16, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »

:rofl

This is embarrassing.

Ganhyun

« Reply #837 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »
Fact of the matter is that Obama is more likely to give tax relief to the majority of Americans than McCain, but somehow that DOES NOT MATTER.

It's class warfare!  :oreilly

Hey cuntbutt, I read your backpedaling. Fact is the people you support took a big shit on community organizing and I wasn't talking exclusively to you. And there's no way to paint your post as anything but derisive, backpedal or not.

LOL. Way to be a total fuckbag. I cant take you serious anymore.

From YOUR first post to me, you specified me. Targeted me.

That was in the 80s dipfuck

Thats not talking about/to me? If not then your fucking distinguished mentally-challenged. I love how you personally attack me with a comment when I make a joking comment with the community organizer line. I even did the rolls eyes smiley. Oh wait, your such a dumfuck distinguished mentally-challenged fellow that you can't undertsand that. I even explained in my next post that I knew both sides used the experience tactic and that I myself supported community work in case people didnt fully get it. But attack me personally. Thats fine. Go ahead. I'm done with you. I can't take you serious anymore. You've had a few too many of these:

XDF

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
REPUBLICAN MELTDOWN
duc

Ganhyun

REPUBLICAN MELTDOWN

Nah, just a meltdown in communication with Viscen ;)
XDF